Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"I am writing this review to vent my anger towards Overclockers.co.uk
I have ordered my custom rig with tons of additional stuff for over £1500. Order was due to arrive on the Thursday, then only upon calling they said the case was out of stock and it would arrive on the Friday.. Okay so I reluctantly accepted and carried on. Next Day I am told it will arrive on the Saturday, then an hour later upon calling again to be sure of this, they then say It wont arrive until Monday! It is now Tuesday and my order has not even left the warehouse. Over 15 calls to Overclockers and they still cannot agree to how far along the build is, and still cannot even agree on when my stuff is due to arrive. In hindsight I would have never bought from this shambles of a company. I will continue to pursue this issue, promised a call back from a manager, next step is taking them to court. Personal verdict, find an alternative supplier that understands what the most basic customer service should look like.

"Awful service with 1st order faulty no customer service.

Placed my first order with themselves after recommendation from a friend.

Took a day to ship which i didn't mind too much and received them next day.

Item arrived the outer box was packaged nicely but the actual product inside was not sealed (a faulty item returned then sent out to the customer again?)

I didn't think anything more of it until returning home to find that the item is in fact faulty.

Annoyingly i have just one day to work out a replacement.

I called this morning to be told that the server was down so i couldn't get any further help until the system is back up which i understand happens.

But i tried to explain that i needed a replacement pair sent out to arrive with me the next day.

I was told that if i placed an order again they could then refund for the first order.

But i don't no if i can trust them to send me a fully working set again.

And looking at other reviews on the internet it looks like a massive headache to even get the refund.

I really do advise people to look at the reviews on the internet before even thinking about ordering from this company.

I get that faulty items occur but it would be nice for them to try their best to help a customer out which is desperate for the product as opposed to just infuriating them more into leaving bad reviews warning people across the internet.

"The worst service I had in my life and I hope who is think to buy from them have look my reviews>
My problem I order one product on Thursday afternoon next day delivery and after that what happens no one contact me after 2 days and not receive anything and no email or phone call from Overclokers.co.uk I was contact them and for my surprise they sold a product they do not have in stock and how most of companies do only apologized and said they have option to me to give my money back.
Do not worry this is the way they want to keep a customer!!!!!?????
If you go to buy something from them think twice if you will not waste you time and only get back a stress instead of your product.
Tks everyone

"I've ordered off OCUK in the past without any real complaints, however a recent order of a defective Corsair keyboard which had LEDs break lead me into an RMA nightmare with Corsair, in the end resulting in being £120 out of pocket.

This is primarily Corsairs fault, however I submitted a review of this product on their site which has not appeared, they are clearly suppressing at least some user feedback which is negative which swings the review scores of at least some of their products. Other people have said the same thing.

This lead me to order my replacement Ducky keyboard from another e-tailer, I'm not sure I trust the reviews on overclockers any more, it's a bit sneaky and underhanded in my opinion.

My High vote for shipping process is because they offer free shipping for active forum members, which is a nice feature.

I rated their prices as bad, they're know for price gouging on limited products, especially high end GPUs, I've even seen their staff post on the forums that they price gouge simply because they can, which is off putting.

My interaction with custom services was awkward, I submitted a complaint which wasn't addressed, and a suggestion to pull a defective range of Corsair mechanical LED keyboards from their store due to demonstrably high failure rate, that was ignored and the review of my broken product ignored.

modified review This review was modified by Princess_Frosty on November 01 2013 09:26:56 PM

"I placed my order Friday, 17th of August for several watercooling parts. I've been referred to the security checks (understandable, as my card was from a different address the delivery was supposed to be made to). Security checks were done by Monday morning, and I was assured over the phone that my order would be sent the same day. Several days later, my order was still not sent, whenever I called, I was been met with nonchalance and outright rudeness (like for example disconnecting me in the middle of my sentence) and no apologies have been offered at any time, just "whatever" attitude. After almost a week, I was forced to cancel my order, which by the way, never even left the warehouse queue. That's the first and last time I'll be shopping with Overclockers, and I'd suggest to think twice before you place an order there yourself."

"Absolutely outstanding customer service. When i placed this order, it was past the dispatch time on a thursday afternoon but i really needed the item the next day. I sent a quick message to them and one of the support staff personally went and sorted my order out to make sure i got it next day. Not only that, but this all happened while stil using free shipping for being a loyal forum member. In a seperate order that i have had to RMA, through no fault of theirs, i got the refund very quickly and rate their services very highly."

"I ordered the card, which seemed a good deal for £229.99 considering they were throwing in a game worth about £30 for free. The only problem is when it arrived with the Corsair PSU I also purchased there was not a game in sight nor was there a code to download it. So I called "customer services" and was basically told the offer wasn't on anymore, they offered to send another game, took all my details again and then just didn't bother. I'm only warning everyone to shop elsewhere as it is now several weeks later and overclockers are still advertising the same bogus offer. I have used Dabs.co.uk before and I was alot more impressed with the service, at least I didn't come away feeling ripped off. By the way if you bother reading these overclockers I'm still waiting for that game!"

"Mixed review, here.

I've always had fantastic customer service with OCUK, but as others have said they seem to think Statutory Rights are just words on paper.

I had a PSU break 20 says out of warranty and as per the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (as Amended) they are obliged to repair or replace this for me. I'm in the process of writing a formal complaint to them, as pre-action protocol under a Small Claims Court. I have the feeling like most retailers they're going to hold off under they actually get the papers on their desk before giving me my replacement.

However, I will still continue to shop with them as they're still one of the best PC retailers around. It's a shame it's come to this as I did try to have OCZ replace the product first, seeing as it was only JUST out of warranty.

"Terrible, terrible customer treatment! Note, you can't call it customer service!

I had to return a faulty motherboard a few weeks after purchase. They have lied and played delaying tactics ever since - as well as being arrogant, unfriendly and unhelpful when you phone (for which they charge 10p a minute to play you hold music for 30 - 40 minutes each time)

They confirmed it faulty a week later. Then they promised it had been sent back to Asus (in an email) - but when I phoned a week later to check progress they told me it had not been sent yet! 28 days after they received it I phoned to check on progress as their Returns Manager said in an email that they were legally obliged to return it in 28 days. They said it hadn't been returned yet so I reminded them that they had said they had to return it in 28 days - and suddenly it was there "as it had arrived that morning but not been checked yet" Yeah, right!
It arrived back the next day - exactly 28 days after they received it - but all the accesories were missing! They say they can't replace them as I purchased the motherboard over 28 days ago (but they have had it for 28 days) and they specifically instructed me to return the accessories.

They are also delaying about meeting my legal right for them to pay for the postage costs to return the faulty one to them. First they agreed to pay it without a receipt (on the phone - he knew the cost to within 15p - first class recorded) then they want a scanned copy of the receipt. I have it but can't send it to them because they won't give me their email address even though I've asked twice! So over a month since returning it I still don't have a working motherboard and now am another £8.65 down. I'll be taking this to Trading Standards.
If I was allowed to enter 0 stars above I would have!

I'll avoid overclockers.co.uk like the plague in future! ..

"I bought a Samsung 1TB OEM drive on the 3rd June 2010. This was to use in my Popcorn C200.
Two days ago (15 July) it started overheating during use after around 2hrs. I contacted overclockers and was told to bring it in for exchange.
As I had alot of data on this drive I went to overclockers and bough a replacement so I could back up my data.
After doing this I went today Saturday to exchange the faulty samsung hard drive.
The manager (Chris Montgummery) said he will not exchange as the fault could not be replicated. I explained that it was for use in a popcorn hour and that I had purchased the same drive yesterday from them and that was working fine.

I asked him what could be done and his response was "His decision was final and that the buck stopped with him as he was second in charge and only answered to the MD"

I then asked about Samsung and he said as it was OEM they would not help. So much for a 3 year warranty..I will be contacting Samsung about overclockers.
To top it off he had just been very unprofessional telling a customer next to me that he would avoid samsung drives as they were problematic.

After this I will be buying elsewhere as this level of service is unacceptable.

"Absolutely dire after sales service if you need to return anything during the cooling off period. Even worse if an item is faulty or incomplete, they simply ignore the issue and hope you go away. The Distance Selling Regulations mean nothing to these crooks. I wish I had read a few honest reviews like this one, before using a debit card with these cheats. Avoid like the plague!!!"

"Absolutely awful customer care, DO NOT USE!!!!!

after purcahsing an expensive graphics card (£598) and recieving the item damaged, it took me nearly a month to get the item returned to the supplier, they then returned the item to myself stating that i had disassembled and damaged the item myself, at this point they point blank refused to discuss the issue and ignoredd written correspondance. This company seems to think that the laws concerning consumer rights do not exist. I am currently working with my credit card supplier to obtain a refund. I repeat DO NOT use these people as they are complete cowboys

"I asked Overclockers.uk if I could pay for my goods without the VAT amount, I told them I got a VAT number, and they replied by e-mail telling me that I should have first made the order through their website paying the full amount, and after that they would refund me the VAT, they asked me to send them a fax with the letterhead of my company.
Well I did so: I placed my order, paid the full amount, faxed them the letterhead with the VAT number of my company printed on it, and waited for the refund.

No refund of the VAT was ever made to me by Overclockers. I faxed them my company details many times, and they replied many times by e-mail telling me they would refund me very soon, but they never did.

There is no option to insert a VAT number on their website, and this is a pity, as their service is still very good, and the goods arrived fast and they were faultless.
What did they do with my VAT Number?

"Good products but appaling and misleading custumer service.
I've ordered a overclocked bundle from overclockers.co.uk and payed extra for that, it took 2 weeks and 3 phone calls for the bundle to be dispatched rather than the (24 to 48 hours they advertise). When this arrived the motherboard was configured to its default configuration and not overclocked at all. The hard drive I ordered was faulty. Proceeded to request a RMA witch was sent to overclockers in September. On the 2nd of October overclockers had tested the hard drive and found it faulty so they issued a second order number (3457995) and it should have been shipped. Its now the 14th of November and I haven't received the order when yesterday I rang custumer support the only thing they missed was to yell at me. It is unbeleivable how a company like this is still in business. Having asked to speak to a manager I was told that managers don't speak to custumers and the custumer needs to log a webnote on their webpage to complain. What kind of company has managers that don't speak to custumers?
Stay away from this company no matter what, its a disaster.

"Have made a lot of orders costing a lot of money from overclockers.co.uk and have never had a bad experience with goods coming well packaged and timely. Have also successfully RMA'd the odd item with no problem refunds (hey, it's rarely a *retailer's* fault that a *manufacturer's* products can be faulty). Very surprised by the number of negative reviews. I buy from these guys as happily as I do from ebuyer.com or amazon."

Overclockers.co.uk is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Overclockers.co.uk is not a merchant member
Overclockers.co.uk does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!