Stores > Other World Computing (OWC)

• Other World Com Other World Computing (OWC) Elite Status

Customer service: Rating 8.26/10 8.26/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.59/10 6.59/10

2016-06-29

It is another world

"Everything just works well at OWC-the website, the customer service, the install videos and the products. "

2016-06-29

Response to shipping box damage less than ideal

"I have purchased may items from OWC over the years, memory, laptop batteries, hard drive disks.
This time I wanted a fast optical drive with Blu-ray capability to archive important files; and I purchased the fastest unit: OWC Mercury Pro 16X External USB 3.0 Blu-ray Burner. Up to 16X Blu-ray, 16X DVD, and 40X CD Burn Speeds. It also had archival M-disc capability, so it seemed to be the best unit for what I wanted.
The shipping box arrived with significant damage, the delivery person ran back to their truck after delivering it. The damage was such that the product box was damaged as well. The shipping box had signs of not being sealed properly, with the blue OWC tape being augmented by clear box sealing tape.
The OWC customer service only seemed interested that the drive could burn/read disks. Now I have been dealing with computer disks for some time, so I know the issue is if the unit experienced a physical shock that may have put components out of alignment. It is not just a matter of being able to burn or read its discs, but if these discs can be read in a different drive. There is also the matter as to whether a loss of alignment could slow down the drive.
Also, the "bonus" DVD discs arrived in an unsealed, mislabeled container, casting doubt, at least for me as to the provenance of the discs.
I do know that if I buy from OWC, I will make it a phone order so I can query sales as to the shipping method to be used. If I had been sent a hard disk in this fashion, I would return it immediately.

Perfect company

"a big company. I love buy here."

Just as promised

"Fast delivery, great product.
Glad I upgraded my mid 2010 mbp to16 GB ram.
Much cheaper than buying a new computer!

2016-06-28

Fast delivery to Singapore!

"This was my second items ordered from OWC and very satisfied. Nicely packed and happy with 4 pcs 2.5" 1TB Travelstar 7200rpm. Excellent condition."

2016-06-27

"Delivered earlier than promised, it works as advertised."

2016-06-26

On Time ad On Budget - Overtime

"The price is always good and the service is outstanding. I have used them several times and have had not bad experience. Highly recommend."

2016-06-26

Beefed up MBP

"Received SSD as promised. Questions on install were promptly answered and received followup email. I have dealt with OWC numerous times in the past and never had an issue"

2016-06-24

OWC Comes Through Again

"Got a great deal on a Mini-Stack external hard drive. Great price and fast delivery. Have used OWC for a number of Mac upgrades including an internal hard drive replacement on an iMac that involved removing the screen. Both the products and the instructions were flawless."

2016-06-23

Spinning again!

"Thanks again for your excellent help. I have now purchased 6 of your hard drives (5 Mercury Elite Pro) and this new 5 TB replaces one that finally quit after its 3 year warranty expired. It is back in my system and spinning away with regular and sustained use. Love your drives and your support, which keeps me going-No worries! Keep building excellent equipment. - Jon"

2016-06-22

OWC delivers their products so speedy-jet-quickly!

"I ordered a 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive. Promised delivery was two days. OWC met their obligation with flying colors!"

2016-06-22

Fast shipping and great service with great products!

"Thank you! the RAM upgrade is fantastic!"

Unbelievable value!

"With the ever decreasing price of flash drives, OWC still beats them all AND delivers a quality product. The drives arrived more quickly than expected, too!"

2016-06-21

You Suffer for Their Mistake!

"Hello! I paid for a Mac Mini with 16gb of RAM. I paid for over-night shipping, as well. I got it the next day woop woop. BUT, what I recieved was a Mac Mini with 8gb of RAM. What I had to do was take time out of my busy schedule (I own an up and coming business for my area) and drive 30 minutes out of my way to ship it back because they said they would replace it.

Before that, I called to let them know paying for over-night shipping but having to send it back did not make any sense at all, they agreed. They told me "no problem, we'll over-night it back to you." Awesome right?

No. They did not over-night it back and I'm still out a computer. If you own a business, time is money and if you say you're going to do something, you do it!

Why they couldn't just send me 2 x 8gb RAM..I do not know. I'll probably be sending it back again because they replaced it with the wrong processor.

This review was modified by Hiimjol on June 21 2016 07:00:27 PM

2016-06-21

Best Support and Customer Service Ever

"Before OWC I thought upgrading computers was a job for tech experts who spent their days doing nothing but that. First I upgraded my MacBook Pro 15" Retina Display (SSD), and the support videos and tech support personnel exceeded my expectations so much I ordered upgrades for my MacBook 13" (HD and memory), and couldn't be happier. There is no better place to get components and expert advice and help. These guys are the best. Plus the shipping is fast and the selection of product is amazing."

Share Other World Computing (OWC)'s store rating

Other World Computing (OWC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Other World Computing (OWC) is a merchant member
Other World Computing (OWC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,558 merchant members.