• Other World Com Other World Computing (OWC) Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.18/10 8.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.99/10 7.99/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.05/10 7.05/10

What is this?

"I replaced the hard drive on my MacBook with a solid state drive. Everything went well. The instructions were accurate and everything worked very well."

"Avoid this place by all means!!!

In February 2015 I consulted with their so called "Technical support Staff" via LiveChat which SSD I have to buy for my Macbook Air (I even sent him picture of my old SSD) and they sent me a link to order an SSD wich I ordered same day (paid $30-delivery fee+$30 for customs brokerage fee for inbound shipments to Canada).
Long story short I got a wrong SSD which doesn't work with my computer.
Get in touch with Customer Service via LiveChat and all I got from them is "We are very sorry, but you ordered wrong SSD".
This guys have no consideration for customers and I can prove it by presenting you transcript of my LiveChat discussion with customer service.
At the end of the day I spent $150 for useless staff.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-04-2015

macsales2, Other World Computing (OW rep has responded

“Thank you so much for providing your feedback. Reviewing the Live Chat transcripts we discovered the following link we provided regarding your SSD desires: http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/Air-Retina/Apple-MacBook-Air-2012-Drive-Internal-Flash

Looking on your order, we see that a different SSD was ordered. Here is the link for the SSD that was placed on that order: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDA116G120/

We do apologize, but it appears the drive referenced in the Live Chat was not ordered.

OWC will be more then happy to further assist you in getting the incorrect drive sent back and make sure the correct drive is selected. A Representative of OWC will be contacting you shortly to resolve this issue. Thank you again.

Dyllon McKinney
Customer Service Social Media Evangelist
800-275-4576”

"Great experience. OWC ended up being timely and meticulous in their product design. They can do a better job of sending instructions along with the product vs. expecting people to hunt/search for the descriptions on their site (which are very good, but still an extra effort to find them)."

"Decent prices. OWC has a lot of experience with Macs, so that's why I was confident. Good pre-sales tech support. Good packaging."

"Great tech support via chat plus install videos made selection and installation of my MacBook Pro SSD upgrade a piece of cake. The only thing better is the astonishing improvement in my early 2011 MacBook Pro. It now runs at least five times faster."

"I am new to the other world computing. I recently ordered 16gb of ram for my 2010 macbook and it went pretty smoot"

"Great and fast service.
It was easier to order in the US than in (own) Europe.
Yours,
Luc Van Severen, Belgium

"It was very easy to find what I was shopping for and order it. The package came on time and was well packed. Fast and easy!"

"Great products, great prices, and fast delivery. Very pleased."

"WOW!!! My hats off to you!!! Its amazing how well everything works now that I have installed the memory into my mini mac.
Just like you guys told me to do in the video. I follow the fantastic steps and voila!!! I have more memory in my MINIMac. THANKS TO YOU!!! and for only $88.00 AMAZING. thank you so much. It was so easy, wow. It took me more to disconnect the cables than to isntall the memory.

"I ordered a new battery for my MacBook Prp 13inch non retina display. I haven' installed it yet, however. I'm very impressed the tools necessary and video instructions are referenced. Very, good practices."

"Very satisfied with OWC. Communications was quick and informative. Delivery as promised. Video on memory installation was perfect. Everything working great."

"Never shopped from OWC before so a bit apprehensive at first. I found the website well designed and easy to use. The product range is excellent. Ordering was easy and delivery was spot on and timely giving sufficient notifications. I found the goods I received exactly as ordered and the quality was good as expected. Only a piece of the toolset (metal tweezers) I found could do with some quality improvement though it is still functional. Highly recommended. Will use again in future."

"Good selection and Fast shipping"

"I love this company. They carry great products, plenty of supporting material. My Pro Dual was delivered quickly and I was using it within 15 minutes of its arrival because of the simple utility that sets it up. Couldn't be happier."

Share Other World Computing (OWC)'s store rating

Other World Computing (OWC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Other World Computing (OWC) is a merchant member
Other World Computing (OWC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,893 merchant members.