Stores > Other World Computing (OWC)

• Other World Com Other World Computing (OWC) Elite Status

Customer service: Rating 8.40/10 8.40/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.12/10 7.12/10

2016-07-20

OWC Great for Macs

"OWC/Macsales has been my go-to place for Mac-specific items for years — RAM is fully tested for Mac compatibility. External drive enclosures. Hard drives and SSDs are priced competitively. Good customer service. Periodic specials/sale items."

2016-07-16

I upgraded my hard drive thanks to OWC instructional video!

"I wasn't sure I could replace the hard drive on my 2008 MacBook Pro, but after watching an online OWC video for my exact machine I became more confident. With the video playing on my iPad I took apart the MacBook, pausing the video after each step. I replaced the original drive with a higher capacity SSD, and got the computer back together with no mishaps. After a fresh install of OS X El Capitan, the MBP is working great. The old hard drive is in an enclosure I can connect via USB cable if I need it. I am very happy with the new solid state drive, and with OWC's excellent online help. "

2016-07-16

Best adaptor deal!

"Definitively the best place to get an authentic Apple adaptor. "

2016-07-15

Disappointing

"The device appears to work, although I don't see any real increase in the number of "bars" On the wi-if symbol, nor a significant speed boost.
The software is a disaster, only crashed no whenever it's booted up (although it sometimes works on my iPad).
I'll keep it and see how it goes.

The time saver

"Easy to select, easy to place order, delivery on time, tech support, right on, and good reference materials. Great experience thanks"

Good Service

"My order was delivered promptly and in good condition."

2016-07-14

Always a satisfied customer!

"Other World Computing is a great website"

Found the Mac Corner

"I have been searching the web for parts required for my mac and came across OWC. The site is well organised, able to find my correct model number. Even apple could not help me decipher the MacBook Pro,6. Received the parts required and need to test them.

It would be of great help if the parts are stocked in India as well as we depend on friends who visit bring these parts. The Fedex charges are almost equal to parts cost :-)

I would surely recommend to all my friends about this site.

2016-07-12

Fabulous Kit!

"Extraordinary well explained instructions to complete the upgrade. My Mac Mini is now a least three times faster and has loads of storage all in one without the use of an external drive. Highly recommended and if you follow the instructions and watch the video you will not have any problems. Good Luck!"

2016-07-12

Not reached yet

"Why it took so long to Taiwan?
I am very disappointing about this order

2016-07-11

OWC's the best

"I've never had an issue w/ OWC. Their gear is always of the best quality and at great prices. Fantastic customer service, great how-to videos."

This review was modified by trexneb on July 11 2016 01:42:46 PM

2016-07-11

Order was fast and efficient!

"Love the service! Fast arrival of items, and great products. Thunderboldt drive array was easy to setup, fast, and has improved workflow."

2016-07-10

Good products, reasonable prices!

"I ordered a NewerTech battery for my 2011 macbook air. It is working like a charm so far, and it arrived early! I am quite pleased and will be doing business here again!"

2016-07-09

Two great upgrades enhance my late-2012 Quad-core i7 Mac mini

"Early one morning in late June 2016, I was fortunate to find a brand new late-2012 2.3Ghz i7 Quad-core Mac mini 6,2 on Apple's own Mac Clearance Sale page at 13% off the original retail price.

The quad-core i7 processor is incredibly powerful, but system performance was limited by the factory configuration of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 4GB RAM, and a 1TB 5400rpm hard drive. A quick test proved that 4GB is just not enough to run Parallels 11 and Windows 7 or Windows 10 alongside Mac apps, even under Mavericks.

The day the Mac mini arrived from Apple, I peeked inside and confirmed that I needed an 'upper' OWC Data Doubler kit so I could replace the 5400RPM drive with a 1TB 7200RPM unit and add a second 1TB 7200RPM drive.

I run Yosemite and El Capitan on my other Macs so I wasted no time purchasing a July Garage Sale 8GB (2x4GB) RAM upgrade. I intended to get 16GB RAM (2x8GB) but all the correct 8GB RAM modules in the July Garage Sale were already sold.

The OWC Data-Doubler kit includes detailed printed instructions (as well as a great OWC how-to video on YouTube), and the upgrade went quickly and smoothly.

2016-07-09

Excellent as always

"Excellent as alway on time and as promised."

Share Other World Computing (OWC)'s store rating

Other World Computing (OWC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Other World Computing (OWC) is a merchant member
Other World Computing (OWC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,535 merchant members.