Stores > Other World Computing (OWC)

• Other World Com Other World Computing (OWC) Elite Status

Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10

What is this?

2016-02-06

OWC Routinely Delivers an Excellent Customer Experience

"I have been a customer for years now and routinely return to OWC for computer upgrades for my Mac computers. I am upgrading another Mac and referred to OWC for their excellent tutorials and upgrade kits. My product was shipped quickly and arrived in excellent condition. I will continue to return to OWC."

2016-02-06

Total Good Experience

"From How to Video ,to finding the correct part to
payment and delivery all went without a hitch.

2016-02-04

MBA replacement battery works!

"After placing an order for the USD99 MBA replacement battery, found out a day later there was a garage sale, with the same exact item at a 25% discount. Not exactly a good feeling to feel suckered, but it was nonetheless cheaper than Apple's replacement cost.

Installation instructions are detailed, Pentalobe and Torx screwdrivers are provided, but should be labelled as using the wrong tool to undo the MBA screws can potentially strip/damage the screwheads.

Rep reply posted Feb-05-2016

macsales2, Other World Computing (OW rep has responded

“Hello hyeel,

Thank you so much for your review. Looking into this further, we were able to find that the battery with a 25% discount in the garage sale was an "open box" item and not a new, un-opened unit. This would be the cause of the price difference.

We have also been able to look into the screwdrivers provided and see that the sizes and type will be located on the side of the driver.

Please know that a representative of OWC will be contacting you to speak with you and help in any way possible!”

OWC delivers again

"I finally ordered an OWC Electra SSD. It's fast! It and the other items I ordered were packed well and delivered quickly. I've been buying from OWC for years; with great prices, fast shipping, friendly and helpful staff, they're simply the most reliable tech company I've ever dealt with. I can't imagine buying Mac-related hardware from anyone else."

Fantastic service

"I received my battery quickly. The battery worked perfectly."

My goto Mac part store

"Good prices, great service, and quick problem solving."

Mid 2012 13" MacBook Air--Used, Good Condition

"The order came in a timely fashion and was absolutely pristine. Exceeded my expectations and is running really well. Super happy with the purchase and plan on shopping OWC again to upgrade the storage on my new MacBook. "

Bam!

"Impressed with the level of customer service and the speed at which my order was delivered. Great job!"

sunroom Verified Customer

Great service as always

"I don't always buy from OWC, but when quality and fit matters - its only OWC for me."

2016-01-30

On time & as specified

"Product arrived when promised and performed perfectly. What's not to like? "

2016-01-29

So far so good

"Delivered way ahead of schedule and the drive is working great so far!"

2016-01-28

arrived quickly, good prices; check for device compatibility

"The package of four ordered items was shipped evidently the next day following an evening order, and arrived four days after shipment (two days faster that earliest estimate of delivery). Good order fulfillment and good sale prices. The Gum++ external USB-to-micro-USB power pack that I'd bought has a higher-amp output specification than may be appropriate for my smartphone. The product description did include the current amperage, but I was sold by the description 'Recharges any USB device' highlight and the 45%-off sale price. If I'd discounted the any-USB-device notion and more critically considered the current spec (which was not marked clearly as output current), I might not have bought it. I will investigate via the smartphone mfr.'s help service, but rather than ask to return it if I can't use it myself, I will likely just give it to someone with an appropriate phone. Advice to impulse buyers of OWC sales items: look closely enough at what you might want to buy, to be sure a product matches your equipment circumstances and actual needs."

This review was modified by brightspringleaps on January 28 2016 09:51:48 PM

2016-01-28

Great selection , great price

"I have bought many things through OWC through the years. Knowledgable staff, a great web site, reasonable shipping and and easy ordering process all add up to a great experience . My go to place for all things Mac ."

2016-01-27

a no brainer

"lightening cables to replace ones that walked off. A-plus quality."

2016-01-24

iMac upgrade quick and easy

"Got a second 32GB for my iMac. Arrived quick, was the correct RAM. Nice link to a video showing how to perform the upgrade. Good price, good delivery, and good support. "

Share Other World Computing (OWC)'s store rating

Other World Computing (OWC) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Other World Computing (OWC) is a merchant member
Other World Computing (OWC) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.