Stores > Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
  • Orion Telescope Orion Telescopes & Binoculars Elite Status

Place orders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Customer service hours: Monday through Friday 6:00 AM -
      800-447-1001
      sales@telescope.com
      800-676-1343

Product & services pricing Rating 8.01/10 8.01/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.62/10 8.62/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.79/10 8.79/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.80/10 8.80/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.15/10 8.15/10
Voice your opinion! Review Orion Telescopes & Binoculars by clicking a star below.

Outstanding Company

"I have ordered from Orion multiple times and they always have been so easy to deal with and very fast in their shipping (as long as a product is in stock, if not in stock they give you an expected ship date and they usually nail that too)...and if you have questions their customer service is top of the line, they seem genuinely interested in helping you get the most out of their products...great company and great service, a rarity in today's world"

NO WORRIES

"I live in Canada and to send my telescope to my door was a little complicated since it is a country address. I phoned to make sure it was properly on its way and I must say that it was very reassuring to see how well the company is run and in touch with every aspect of its service and that until you receive your parcel."

2017-06-25

Ordering and delivery are easy and quick

"Orion has the ordering and delivery down pat but they need to take the manufacturers to task to check products for defects. Now I have to go through the hassle and delay to return a defective product. I think that should be Orion's job to find and deal with defective products so customers can have a 5 star experience."

Rep reply posted Jun-26-2017

A rep from Orion Telescopes & Binocu, OrionTelescopes, has responded

“Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the defective item you received. We do have a rigorous Quality Assurance process but given the quantity and variety of items we ship, we can't always check every single unit. Rarely, a unit may arrive with an issue but we would like to make the replacement as quick and easy as possible.

We have emailed you directly for some further information. We can provide pre-paid return labels so that returning it is cost-free and we can prepare a replacement order in advance. We look forward to rectifying the situation for you right away. ”

telescope mount

"I ordered a new GEM mount for a telescope and it arrived safe and sound and was easy to put together."

2017-06-24

Great all around

"I ordered the Starblast 6 on a Saturday. Received the scope and all of the accessories on Thursday. Very quick shipping. It arrived in perfect condition. I collimated the optics and found that I had to do only very minor adjustments. Very well collimated right out of the box. Easy to set up.
This scope has been used at least 3 times a week for almost a month now, and still going strong. It has solid optics, a good field of view, and enough light gathering capability to satisfy my son and I for getting into the hobby. Views of the planets, (Jupiter, Saturn) are amazing with a barlow and Zoom To eyepiece. The moon is amazing as well. Its also extremely portable, which is why we got the 6 and not a much larger scope that we considered.
Overall great experience.

2017-06-24

So excited to get a quality item for you!!

"It was shipped in perfect condition! It fit perfectly and we are excited to use it during our total solar eclipse in August!! Thank you again!!"

2017-06-23

Shipped and delivered in only a matter of 4 days-WOW!

"Ordered a scope as a gift and expected it would take a couple of weeks for delivery but it actually only took four days and this was standard shipping which cost only $10.
Thanks Orion.....

2017-06-23

Online chat helpful; got what I wanted.

"I wanted solar filters for my binoculars, what with the 2017 total solar eclipse coming up later this summer. I didn't know what sort of solar filter to get, and the person on chat helped out a lot. I got what I wanted and they work wonderfully. Thanks!"

CharlesGoodwin's Avatar

Equatorial mount em3

"Solid mount, fair price, friendly service-as always."

Great service

"Ordered Solar Filters for binoculars. Received the first pair, but there was a very minor scratch on 1 filter. Contacted customer service and was immediately sent a prepaid return label and a second set was ordered. New set arrived in great condition, and the others are now being returned. Easy as pie! Thank you! "

Great customer service!

"Customer service answered all my questions with patience and knowledge!

Wowwy Kazoey!!!

"Easy purchase, exciting stuff, going to use it @ my school!

GC Coker

Disappointed

"I should have known better. The telescope was mechanically cheaply built. The mirror is satisfactory but not outstanding."

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2017

A rep from Orion Telescopes & Binocu, OrionTelescopes, has responded

“Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry that the telescope did not meet your expectations. Please note that you can certainly return it within 30 days for a refund or to exchange for something else, let us know if you're interested and we'll gladly assist you in the process. You can read about our return process on our site here:
www.telescope.com/returns”

SERVICE--GOOD/PRODUCT--BAD

"THREE EZ FINDER II SCOPES IN 8 MONTHS, ONE LASTED 7 MONTHS, TWO WERE BAD OUT OF THE BOX. I FINALLY CHANGED TO A DIFFERENT FINDER SCOPE. NO PROBLEMS WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE,DIFFERENT STORY WITH THE PRODUCT."

2017-06-21

solar eclipse glasses

"arrived on time; great value; trusted company!"

Share Orion Telescopes & Binoculars's store rating

Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a merchant member
Orion Telescopes & Binoculars participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,378 merchant members.