Stores > Orion Telescopes & Binoculars
  • Orion Telescope Orion Telescopes & Binoculars Elite Status

Place orders 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Customer service hours: Monday through Friday 6:00 AM -
      800-447-1001
      sales@telescope.com
      800-676-1343

Product & services pricing Rating 7.71/10 7.71/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.47/10 8.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.59/10 8.59/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.97/10 7.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.74/10 7.74/10
Voice your opinion! Review Orion Telescopes & Binoculars by clicking a star below.

2017-10-11

Impressed

"Delivered on time. Great packaging no damage. "

2017-10-11

Great customer service

"Orion gives great service and is very helpful with any questions you have"

2017-10-10

Arrived on time as described

"Arrived on time as described"

2017-10-10

Received Atlas Pro mount in two days (outstanding)

"Much to my delite want to track order only to find it was out for deliver. I expected at lest a week sinces I opted for the free deliver.
Havent been able to test run the Atlas, do to fla. weather.

2017-10-09

Shipping date was not accurate.

"The shipping date is still being updated ."

A rep from Orion Telescopes & Binocu, OrionTelescopes, has responded

“Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. When an item is out of stock we provide a date that is our best estimate of the date we expect to ship the product to you. While this is usually accurate, unexpected delays can happen. If there is a delay in shipping a backordered product we will notify you by mail. If the inventory arrives earlier than expected we will be sure to ship the order right away. Thanks for your patience. ”

2017-10-08

Rapid Delivery

"Orion was the only source I could find for a dove-tail mount for a new finder I bought for my Celestron C8. It was delivered sooner than predicted."

2017-10-06

Prompt delivery

"One item is back ordered hope to get the solar filter soon. Really like this 80mm scope. Have ordered other items since and all have arrived on or before do date."

2017-10-05

seriously delayed order

"First transaction, 75mm binoculars, great. 2nd one, got a letter saying solar filters not in stock, disappointed as it had been advertised prominently. Have to scramble to find something else as a prize for my contest."

A rep from Orion Telescopes & Binocu, OrionTelescopes, has responded

“Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We do apologize for the backordered item. With the recent solar eclipse, our inventory of sun filters sold out and we're working diligently to bring in new stock.

2017-10-05

Excellent!

"I've ordered a few items (a mount, a polar scope, a extra counter-weight and a telescope - the actual item on the Invoice referenced on this input page), both direct and via Amazon. In general, I'm very pleased with the quality of the products as well as the packaging and delivery (timing and condition). The one exception to this is the telescope, itself. This is the highest dollar value item ordered, to date. I knew, going in, that the scope is on back order and that was not a deterrent to ordering (direct). However, since placing the order (on 09/20/17, with posted ETA for shipping being 10/09/17), two things have happened (or not happened):

1. The price of the scope dropped by $50 a couple of days after I had placed my order, yet I saw nothing change in my order details. I got on the "chat" system on the Orion website, expecting to discuss this matter with someone in real time, as is typical of chats elsewhere. (As it turns out, the "chat"; really isn't a chat, in the usual sense of the word - it's actually some sort of convoluted email system.) I got a reply from Customer Service a day or so later, saying that after the first installment payment, I could fill out a refund form for the difference in price. I suppose, overall, this is better than their refusing to honor the new price, at all, but I feel that as this is a delayed transaction, anyway (due to back order) that the price should have automatically been adjusted with no input/prompting from me, i.e., the sort of customer courtesy that goes a *long* way in fostering trust and loyalty. I emailed back and they agreed to deduct the $50 from the price with no intervention from me. I do, however, now have to email them once again to remind them there was also a discount code used in the original order and that that needs to be applied to the revised order, as it does not seem that it was. So far, the cooperation level has been fantastic but the remaining concern is that the cooperation has to be "teased out", rather than automatic.

2. I keep going back to the 'Order Status' page for the scope order and see no mention, at all, of expected ship date, let alone any updates. However, looking at the web page for the item (on Orion's site), I see the expected ship date continually being pushed out. When I ordered, it was expected to ship 10/09/17. Roughly a week later, that date had changed to 10/20/17 and now (as of 10/05/17) the expected ship date is shown as 11/14/17. Yet my order status page remains static, with no hint as to when I may receive the item. I emailed about this and was told the ship date for my scope would be 10/20/17 (disappointingly, 11 days later than was originally stated on the site at the time I placed my order) and that later dates (e.g., the currently displayed 11/14/17 date) on the product page apply to new orders.

At the present time, despite a couple of moderately annoying hiccups, I'm still extremely happy with Orion and their products and look forward to doing business with them for many years to come.

A rep from Orion Telescopes & Binocu, OrionTelescopes, has responded

“Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate feedback like this because it helps us improve our methods to make customer experiences with us easier and more informative.

Regarding our chat system, when an agent isn't currently available for live chatting, the form will default to a message/email system that we respond to. However when agents are available, you should get a live person to chat with instantly. Sorry about that confusion.

We changed the price on your item to match the promotional price and we still have the discount code applied so you should see that all calculated correctly in your final total.

With regards to the backorder, we notify customers of any changes to the backorder date by mail. We appreciate your feedback about having this date visible on your order status page - we're working to update our website and we will forward this suggestion to our web team for review. We will email you directly with an update on that date.

Thanks again and we're standing by if you have any further questions.”

2017-10-04

awesome

"They have excellent customer service. They respond quickly to your question. Their product was as described. "

2017-10-01

This company is excellent. Very good customer service!

"GREAT! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

2017-10-01

Delivered on-time and product works great

"The Orion Illuminated Reticle Plossl 12.5 mm arrived in good condition and works well."

2017-09-30

Clear Skies

"Orion's service was tops in all aspects. Communication. Promptness. Delivery. Problem resolution. After I found a defect in my hand controller on my new Atlas Pro- a new unit was sent me in a week. No hastles no grief. I have and will continue to make Orion my principle source for all my astronomy needs in all areas where their product is in parity with the market- and that includes most of your needs. Check Orion first- you won't be sorry. "

2017-09-29

Orion rules

"I got a great set of binoculars and tripod. They're great!"

2017-09-28

Robert harding

"Great products and service"

Share Orion Telescopes & Binoculars's store rating

Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Orion Telescopes & Binoculars is a merchant member
Orion Telescopes & Binoculars participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,438 merchant members.