Stores > Oriental Trading Co.

• Oriental Tradin

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

Horrible and dishonest

"I ordered 4 bags of Pastel Pink Sparkle Chocolate-Covered Almonds @ $10 each. Received quickly however when I opened it 75% of each bag was crushed and sum melted. I called up and explained what the problem was. They apologized and said we'll ship out 4 more bags to replace them. I thought great. Got those 4 bags..... same thing.  I went to leave review on website and it would not allow me to leave negative review. They won't let you leave any negative but truthful review. You can only leave a good review. Well my experience was not good so why can I not leave an honest review. That is very dishonest to me. How many other packages of candy have they sold and wouldn't allow people to leave honest reviews.  They are pretty much lying to customers by with holding truthful feedback. I would not have ordered them had I read reviews like that but of course they know that."

This review was modified by NESSACF on October 03 2016 12:51:06 PM

Buyer beware

"Whatever you might find on this site do yourself a favor and find it somewhere else. "

sent purple hockey masks instead of lime swirl lollipops for baby shower

"First, we got half of our lollipop custom photo order and the other half was purple hockey masks (instead of Lime swirl lollipops.) I called and they were apologetic and sent the correct lollipops out the next week. We put the baby sonogram stickers on the 150 lollipops this weekend for the baby shower next month. over half of them have cracks in them even though they were packaged and individually wrapped in bubble wrap sleeves. We are so disappointed in the quality and accuracy from Oriental Trading. We paid for 6 packages $70-$80. I can only hope that not as many people show up so that we do not have to distribute the damaged lollipops."

This review was modified by NavySubMom on May 23 2016 05:16:42 AM

"Placed an order 3 days ago and was told they don't know when it was going to ship. How can a copy just say sorry we took your money and but don't expect your products "

"Great customer service. My order came in with a missing part. Contacted them and got the issue resolved on the spot.
They also have great quality products at good price. I will definitly order from them again.

"TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE NO ONE ELSE EVER DOES EITHER!!!!!! I placed on order #670770383 on 3/18/2015 and here it is almost a month later and I still do not have it resolved. I placed an order for my wedding with a promo code that said I would not get billed until a date 3 weeks after my wedding which was great considering how expensive things are. So place my order and your website is terrible for customization of items it is a paid you have to type each one individually rather than select total number and customize them in a list. So pain to place order to begin with, then item is on backorder but of course you do not have a back order option and to see if you got them in I have to spend my time calling in every couple days to check as if I do not have anything else to do. Then when you finally get some in not only do I have to place another order typing all that stuff in again to a very unfriendly system but you tell me that the bill later option expired. PISSED OFF!!!!!"

This review was modified by bbak105606 on April 13 2015 05:08:01 PM

"I ordered candy for my daughter's themed birthday party from Oriental Trading Company. When I received my order I was disappointed that 2 of the large swirl lollipops, and 2 unicorn lollipops had broke in shipping. I contacted OTC right away. They said it was no problem to send replacements to me. Upon receiving my package today, to my surprise I find a dozen large swirl, and a dozen unicorn lollipops. That was more than what I asked for. Incredibly great customer service! I will definitely be ordering from OTC again!"

"I was very scared to order from Oriental Trading due to reading reviews of items getting lost in the mail or not receiving them on time. I on the other hand was extremely early in planning my 1st and only son's 1st birthday party. About 3 months early to be exact. So I decided to take the chance to order items and if it happens to get lost I still had time to buy somewhere else. 1st package did get mailed to the wrong apartment not sure why cause it clearly said 5 but they decided to give it to apartment 15. I was lucky that I knew her and we got along so she dropped it off to my unit. I was still happy with items so deciding to keep buy because of the quality the items are and how affordable they were. Luckily it was mailed correctly the 2nd time. I am so satisfied that I would definitely recommend them. I will recommend buying items within at least two months before you expect to receive just to be safe. "

This review was modified by mswhyte712 on November 25 2014 10:26:48 PM

"I will never ever order another thing from this company. Complete nightmare. Ordered a Halloween costume on 9/16 - they sent the wrong one. I had to return it and pay for shipping material and drive to ups.

They say they will send another. They do, and it is the wrong costume again. They tell me to send it back - I do and pay for shipping material and driving to ups). No compensation whatsoever.

Fast forward to today 10/16 - Still haven't received credit from credit card company. I have wasted over 2 hrs of my life dealing with this completely inept company trying to get ONE costume. So far, I am out of 43.03. and it has been over a month since the original order.

No apologies, no trying to fix it, no discount or compensation - just total bs customer service.

This review was modified by olystacy on October 16 2014 10:21:29 AM

"I am very happy with my order! I ordered stuff for my sons 1st birthday and everything got delivered in one order and arrived in about a week. The colors are the same as they appeared online which is great because I was coordinating with fabric I had already bought from a local store. Very happy with this purchase! "

This review was modified by Hstamp on October 16 2014 08:03:50 AM

ts3763's Avatar

"I've been a customer here since the 1990's and have experienced the slow shipping times (remember when every order shipped via UPS?) but they seem to be doing better. My recent order, even though shipping was free, arrived within 3 business days. The product quality was better than usual. A good experience overall; much improved over the last few years."

"I bought candy for this past Halloween. This is the last time that I will order from them as I got had on money spent. If I had gone to Sam's or WalMart instead, I would of saved myself at least 25% from what I paid this company."

"I took a chance and bought a metal arch,they actually shipped it fast and didn't enroll me on anything like other reviews said. I saw the same arch on other websites but didn't have it on stock and had to have it ASAP so that's why I did purchase it with them. I might purchase some more stuff."

"I used to be a regular customer of this company until they send me the wrong item. I promptly returned the incorrect item for a refund, and have been chasing the company now for over 3 months.

I keep getting collection letters and collection phone calls from them demanding the $28 - the cost of the incorrect item received.

I have spoken with well over 10 customer service people at Oriental Trading who are always rude and give different stories. Most say I did not return the item - even though I have a tracking number to prove it was returned. Others say I returned the wrong item. Duh ! of course I did - I was SENT the wrong item, so I returned it. All of the staff get snappy and accuse me and tell me that it is the customer's fault.

Oriental Trading is great as long as you get the correct items you ordered. Yes they have good stock and good prices. But beware that they will accuse you if they send the wrong item. They will hunt you down for months demanding money, even though you have already paid for the merchandise.

To quote one of their customer service people : "we have over 4 million customer and know how to do business". Hmm really ? So you keep customers by harrassing them weekly, and accusing them regularly, even though YOU send the wrong merchandise, YOU cannot keep track of your returns properly, YOU have payment for the item.

Every week a customer service person says 'it is sorted' but the next week I get an angry letter or angry phone call demanding money yet again. I have never once had an apology for all the fuss, or even an apology for sending the wrong item.

I have always been polite, never accused the company of anything, never raised my voice to customer service. But I get snapped at, I get very defensive customer service people, and I get attitude all the time.

So purchase from this company, but hope you do not get the wrong items from them. You will never get an apology for the wrong merchandise, you will not get an apology after accusing you of stealing items, and then will certainly not try and keep your custom.

"Oriental Trading signed me up for an "Easy Saver" program over two years ago when I made a purchase. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for years as I buy tons of stuff for my preschool. They fraudulently signed me up for the Easy Saver program and have been charging me $14.95 every month since...over $360 total. I cannot believe they can get away with this activity. They have got to clean up their act before I would ever do business with them again."

This review was modified by kody1979 on April 30 2011 09:56:08 AM

Share Oriental Trading Co.'s store rating

Oriental Trading Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Oriental Trading Co. is not a merchant member
Oriental Trading Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!