• Oriental Tradin

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

2015-07-26

"Great customer service. My order came in with a missing part. Contacted them and got the issue resolved on the spot.
They also have great quality products at good price. I will definitly order from them again.

2015-04-13

"TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE NO ONE ELSE EVER DOES EITHER!!!!!! I placed on order #670770383 on 3/18/2015 and here it is almost a month later and I still do not have it resolved. I placed an order for my wedding with a promo code that said I would not get billed until a date 3 weeks after my wedding which was great considering how expensive things are. So place my order and your website is terrible for customization of items it is a paid you have to type each one individually rather than select total number and customize them in a list. So pain to place order to begin with, then item is on backorder but of course you do not have a back order option and to see if you got them in I have to spend my time calling in every couple days to check as if I do not have anything else to do. Then when you finally get some in not only do I have to place another order typing all that stuff in again to a very unfriendly system but you tell me that the bill later option expired. PISSED OFF!!!!!"

This review was modified by bbak105606 on April 13 2015 05:08:01 PM

2015-04-10

"I ordered candy for my daughter's themed birthday party from Oriental Trading Company. When I received my order I was disappointed that 2 of the large swirl lollipops, and 2 unicorn lollipops had broke in shipping. I contacted OTC right away. They said it was no problem to send replacements to me. Upon receiving my package today, to my surprise I find a dozen large swirl, and a dozen unicorn lollipops. That was more than what I asked for. Incredibly great customer service! I will definitely be ordering from OTC again!"

2014-11-25

"I was very scared to order from Oriental Trading due to reading reviews of items getting lost in the mail or not receiving them on time. I on the other hand was extremely early in planning my 1st and only son's 1st birthday party. About 3 months early to be exact. So I decided to take the chance to order items and if it happens to get lost I still had time to buy somewhere else. 1st package did get mailed to the wrong apartment not sure why cause it clearly said 5 but they decided to give it to apartment 15. I was lucky that I knew her and we got along so she dropped it off to my unit. I was still happy with items so deciding to keep buy because of the quality the items are and how affordable they were. Luckily it was mailed correctly the 2nd time. I am so satisfied that I would definitely recommend them. I will recommend buying items within at least two months before you expect to receive just to be safe. "

This review was modified by mswhyte712 on November 25 2014 10:26:48 PM

2014-10-16

"I will never ever order another thing from this company. Complete nightmare. Ordered a Halloween costume on 9/16 - they sent the wrong one. I had to return it and pay for shipping material and drive to ups.

They say they will send another. They do, and it is the wrong costume again. They tell me to send it back - I do and pay for shipping material and driving to ups). No compensation whatsoever.

Fast forward to today 10/16 - Still haven't received credit from credit card company. I have wasted over 2 hrs of my life dealing with this completely inept company trying to get ONE costume. So far, I am out of 43.03. and it has been over a month since the original order.

No apologies, no trying to fix it, no discount or compensation - just total bs customer service.
NEVER AGAIN."

This review was modified by olystacy on October 16 2014 10:21:29 AM

2014-10-16

"I am very happy with my order! I ordered stuff for my sons 1st birthday and everything got delivered in one order and arrived in about a week. The colors are the same as they appeared online which is great because I was coordinating with fabric I had already bought from a local store. Very happy with this purchase! "

This review was modified by Hstamp on October 16 2014 08:03:50 AM

ts3763's Avatar

Ohio
2014-08-28

"I've been a customer here since the 1990's and have experienced the slow shipping times (remember when every order shipped via UPS?) but they seem to be doing better. My recent order, even though shipping was free, arrived within 3 business days. The product quality was better than usual. A good experience overall; much improved over the last few years."

2014-02-18

"I bought candy for this past Halloween. This is the last time that I will order from them as I got had on money spent. If I had gone to Sam's or WalMart instead, I would of saved myself at least 25% from what I paid this company."

2012-05-31

"I took a chance and bought a metal arch,they actually shipped it fast and didn't enroll me on anything like other reviews said. I saw the same arch on other websites but didn't have it on stock and had to have it ASAP so that's why I did purchase it with them. I might purchase some more stuff."

2012-05-01

"I used to be a regular customer of this company until they send me the wrong item. I promptly returned the incorrect item for a refund, and have been chasing the company now for over 3 months.

I keep getting collection letters and collection phone calls from them demanding the $28 - the cost of the incorrect item received.

I have spoken with well over 10 customer service people at Oriental Trading who are always rude and give different stories. Most say I did not return the item - even though I have a tracking number to prove it was returned. Others say I returned the wrong item. Duh ! of course I did - I was SENT the wrong item, so I returned it. All of the staff get snappy and accuse me and tell me that it is the customer's fault.

Oriental Trading is great as long as you get the correct items you ordered. Yes they have good stock and good prices. But beware that they will accuse you if they send the wrong item. They will hunt you down for months demanding money, even though you have already paid for the merchandise.

To quote one of their customer service people : "we have over 4 million customer and know how to do business". Hmm really ? So you keep customers by harrassing them weekly, and accusing them regularly, even though YOU send the wrong merchandise, YOU cannot keep track of your returns properly, YOU have payment for the item.

Every week a customer service person says 'it is sorted' but the next week I get an angry letter or angry phone call demanding money yet again. I have never once had an apology for all the fuss, or even an apology for sending the wrong item.

I have always been polite, never accused the company of anything, never raised my voice to customer service. But I get snapped at, I get very defensive customer service people, and I get attitude all the time.

So purchase from this company, but hope you do not get the wrong items from them. You will never get an apology for the wrong merchandise, you will not get an apology after accusing you of stealing items, and then will certainly not try and keep your custom."

2011-04-30

"Oriental Trading signed me up for an "Easy Saver" program over two years ago when I made a purchase. I have been a loyal customer of theirs for years as I buy tons of stuff for my preschool. They fraudulently signed me up for the Easy Saver program and have been charging me $14.95 every month since...over $360 total. I cannot believe they can get away with this activity. They have got to clean up their act before I would ever do business with them again."

This review was modified by kody1979 on April 30 2011 09:56:08 AM

2010-01-27

"BUYER BEWARE! I was satisfied with my purchase, however, a few weeks later I noticed my credit card was being charged $14.95 each month by "easy saver". It turns out that even though Oriental Trading claims their website is secure, the only thing preventing them from passing your credit card information over to a third party scamming company is a checkbox during the checkout process on their website. They try to get you to click that box for a discount coupon, which they never give you, but instead sign you up for "easy saver."

When I called their customer service number about this the lady had the "easy saver" hotline number readily on hand to give me to discontinue the membership and said it was all my fault for clicking that checkbox. This must be one of their top complaints and they know it is dishonest. Any business that would do this to their customers to make some extra money off of their expense should not be trusted. I wonder who else they have given my credit card information to."

2008-07-11

"I ordered some party favor for my son's birthday party and when I placed order, the site shows that it will arrive on the 3rd of July. however, the shipping confirmation I got from carrier says it would arrive on the 7th. Since I need the items on the 4th, I called the customer service and they were extremely helpful and friendly. They send me another package with 2 day delivery.

The site has a good selection, the quality is not top notch (similar quality comparing to party city etc) but the quality/price ratio is excellent.

Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase and would definetely buy from them again"

2007-12-05

"Quick shipping to US territories! Ordered Christmas ornaments and I'm glad they arrived well before Christmas. Thanks."

2007-06-13

"Great Company, items came quicker than expected and items were of good quality. Prices are more than reasonable, as well. They have a ton of inventory though, so sometimes I have found it better to search for what I am looking for specifically and tend to find many more other valuable finds this way instead of clicking page by page or searching by catagory.

I will definately be buying from them again."

Share Oriental Trading Co.'s store rating

Oriental Trading Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Oriental Trading Co. is not a merchant member
Oriental Trading Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!