Stores > OpticsPlanet.com

Customer service: Rating 7.89/10 7.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.85/10 7.85/10
2017-01-17

Order Processing Time Was Excessive

"Initial processing of my order was timely and I received a USPS tracking number within 24 hours....then everything fell apart. While the USPS had a pre-notice to receive the package the actually shipment status could not be determined. After four days without receipt by the USPS I called to inquire, while everyone was polite no one knew the status. I followed up on the six day after placing the order and received the same answer. The after a couple more days the order suddenly was shipped from the warehouse to the USPS and I received it after a total of twelve days from placing the order for a simple scope mount. "

This review was modified by tiemanlw on January 19 2017 07:34:55 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-17-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to learn about the shipping delay during your recent shopping experience. We are sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. OpticsPlanet’s FREE Value Shipping offer uses a variety of reliable shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a timely and secure manner. Once you place an order, the most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. It typically takes 5 to 10 business days to receive your order with our value shipping option; however, allow up to 14 business days for final delivery. OpticsPlanet also offers express shipping methods for faster delivery.

We hope you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!

2017-01-16

Another so so experience

"This is my 3rd order with Optics Planet and the 3 time that there was an availability problem that delayed shipping when the online webstore said the items were in stock.

This review was modified by turbotalon69 on January 18 2017 07:45:03 AM

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items.

This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order.

We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future. We also hope that you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

2017-01-16

The only place I buy optics!

"Throughout the years, I have purchased scopes and binos from just about everywhere. From Bushnell to Nikon to Leupold to SWFA to Trijicon to Vortex, I have noticed OpticsPlanet has the absolute best prices. The sales are plentiful and free shipping is common. The last purchase I made was a combo deal they were running on the Leupold Mark AR mod1 and a Leupold IMS mount. Good price, fast shipping, excellent selections. This is the only place I buy optics. "

This review was modified by jnicks22 on January 18 2017 07:00:02 AM

2017-01-15

Hot Package Deal

"Ordered Vortex Strike Fire scope with mount and caught it on a low ball price and a discount too. Cheaper than Black Friday! Ordering and shipping went smooth and scoped arrived as OP tracking said it would. OP has a better user friendly website than most and great product selection!"

This review was modified by Jlbwilliams on January 17 2017 02:00:02 PM

Not Happy and Here's Why

"I needed a lower receiver vise block to change a handguard which hasn't shown up yet. I found a Pro Mag AR10 Lower Receiver Vise Block on Optics Planet for a good price. So Follow My Little Timeline now. Order Date: December 18, 2016 Shipping Date: December 30, 2016 Delivery Date: January 09,2017. Two weeks into the process I contacted them to see what was going on. Here is their response. "We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused. Unfortunately, there are occasions when a delay occurs between our Check Product Availability feature and the current status of our inventory. This occurs because our Check Product Availability feature doesn’t update in real-time and we have to publish updates on our website. This feature is usually accurate and we are working to increase the frequency and speed of our website publishes." Now Customer Service. I called customer service and waited on hold for about ten minutes. A recording came on and gave me the option to leave my name and number and they would call me back in the same order. I'm still waiting for that call. I called back the next day, same thing. I tried their live chat. I was able to watch the countdown of customers in front of me from 15 to 1. Finally my turn. I typed in my question. They responded back with " give me just a minute to look things up." They never came back.
Not Happy

This review was modified by RJ464 on January 17 2017 12:03:24 AM

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

We strive to provide our customers with great prices, unmatched selection of products and exceptional customer service. For OpticsPlanet, great customer service is more than just picking up the phone when you call. To us, it means providing the most complete offering of products, services, resources and more to create a premium shopping experience each and every time you visit.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

2017-01-14

Worst shipping experience ever.

"I placed my order 12/30/16 and it took until 01/04/17 to ship. Today is the 14th and my order isn't scheduled to deliver until the 17th. Had I realized that they use FedEx and did not do same/next day shipping I would've purchased elsewhere. The wait is not worth the 20 bucks I saved buying here. "

This review was modified by Kanjozokutsu on January 19 2017 07:34:47 AM

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you.

Great Belt

"Blackhawk rig belt this belt is great. Built quality is really good price was the best I could find on the Web."

This review was modified by heresyourgod on January 17 2017 12:02:58 AM

2017-01-14

Great Prices - Free Shipping - What more can you ask?

"I have placed probably 10 orders with Optics Planet over the last several months. They run some outstanding deals. That combined with free shipping on most items make Optics Planet the first place I check when shopping. On some items you can also list a competitors price and they will beat it. "

This review was modified by robertkimwilliams on January 17 2017 12:02:52 AM

Good retailer

"I am a repeat customer of OP as I have purchased most of my optics, laser/light designator, sights and other accessories from OP. This is usually due to OP having the lowest cost of what I am looking for, responsive and knowledgeable staff and quick processing and shipping."

This review was modified by nsj09459 on January 17 2017 12:02:48 AM

2017-01-13

pleased with product, not pleased with customer service

"I decided to give OpticsPlanet a try and purchased the Streamlight ProTac HL 4 2,200 lumens flashlight.
once I received the email confirmation that my product had been shipped and included a tracking number via FedEx, I worked around my schedule and upcoming camping vacation to use such said product, happy about having a nice bright light for my planned outing. Within the first week of tracking my package FedEx showed no activity for almost 4 days. Contacted OpticsPlanet and they stated on there system via FedEx that the product was to be delivered the following day by my local post office. 4 more days pass by and no word from either FedEx or OpticsPlanet. Finally my product arrives days after I had already went on my outing. Not only did I have to bother my neighbor to be on the look out for either FedEx or the Post Office but couldn't use the product I specifically purchased for my outing.
Yes OpticsPlanet saved me about $9 from every other seller online, but their mismanagement of my item cost me more then that.

I would hope they make it right.

This review was modified by extractor411 on January 17 2017 12:02:14 AM

Great Service

"While the shipping was a wee bit longer than I would have liked, I think the foul weather had a lot to do with the delay, so I ain't gonna knock any points off for that. Packaging was great and my holster arrived undamaged. Will continue to do business with OpticsPlanet.com when I have a need for something that they have. Great price!"

This review was modified by hvandine-4860 on January 17 2017 12:02:02 AM

Got It Covered

"Always a good experience in with OP. Especially when you get discounts."

This review was modified by lapriester on January 17 2017 12:01:56 AM

Disappointed with shipping

"The product was as described. I was extremely disappointed with the time it took to receive the product. The scope and mount was ordered on 12-29-16 and finally arrived on 1-10-17 after the delivery date was continually pushed further throughout the shipping process. I understand it was free shipping and shipping is out of Opticsplanet.com hands once it leaves. Knowing that, I would of spent a little more locally or ordered elsewhere. I have no complaints of the order process or product that was purchased."

This review was modified by Jeepxj2007 on January 17 2017 12:01:46 AM

2017-01-12

Really slow shipping

"They have tons of stuff but it takes literally almost 2 weeks to get your order. Prob won't buy anything again. "

This review was modified by Blanchard166 on January 19 2017 07:35:11 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-13-2017

2017-01-12

Shopping Experience Blew My Mind Like A Supernova!

"Ordered my Celestron Scope and a Laser Pointer. Price was perfect. Delivery was perfect. Although my Laser Pointer arrived a few days later, neither FEDEX or OpticsPlanet control the weather.
The scope has given this pap-paw some quality time with the grandsons.

This review was modified by jeffrj60 on January 17 2017 12:01:09 AM

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.