Stores > OpticsPlanet.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.08/10 8.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.14/10 8.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.61/10 7.61/10

2016-11-30

First time, and will use again.

"Bought a handguard for my 300 Blackout barrel, called to ask if it came with some particulars, and had no problem contacting them. I was in line, so they offered me a call back as soon as a person was available. And true to their word, they called back. The guy that I spoke with, didn't have the answers to my question, but put me on hold, contacted the department that did, and was back with the answer to satisfy my question. My experience with them was great, and hope that any future business will go just as smoothly as the first transaction."

This review was modified by basqueman9778 on November 30 2016 12:10:17 PM

2016-11-30

Best optics buys on the internet

"I use a variety of optics over the course of a year and even though I always do due dilligence searching for the best deals almost always I wind up buying from Optics Planet. The combination of price, customer service and free shipping is a hard combination to beat. My last buy of a Vortex StrikeFire red dot is a good case in point. My old eyes have a hard time using most red dots on an AK style weapon, especially in bright sunlight. This StrikeFire red dot makes this type of shooting enjoyable again."

Beyond what i expected!

"Did not expect the quality of service i recieved from planet optics. Not to mention the suprise of the final product when i received my order. Without a doubt i would recommend them to family and friends. Oh wait i already have multiple times. "

Great product

"Product was as advertised and at a great price. shipping was quick! Thank you!!"

Great Buy on Leupold Scope

"Great sales price on Leupold Mark 6 scope, shipping took a little longer than expected with a USPS hiccup but finally received my scope in good order.

Thank you Optics Planet for a great price on an awesome scope!

This review was modified by dstroyer71 on November 30 2016 02:03:54 AM

2016-11-29

good prices, good selection, free shipping that isn't super slow, what's not to like?

"3rd order I've placed in as many months. Prices for each item were on par or clearly better than other online sources. option for free economy shipping (or some items have free 2 day as an option). I used their "chat w/ a rep to get a better deal" option and got a coupon code for my whole order instead of only one item (smaller % but more money off overall)
I drop links to optics planet anytime someone asks about something I got from there.

2016-11-29

Great products , good service.

"Product was shipped and delivered on time, and was as expected. "

FANTASTICO!!!!

"Fast ship, good price, nice discount codes, thank u"

This review was modified by carlucchi on November 29 2016 10:31:27 AM

Shooting Planet

"Whether you are looking for outdoor gear, target shooting gear, or hunting gear, and particularly optical gear, you owe to your budget to shop here for the highest quality, at the best prices. And you can get cash back, and also donate to non-profit organizations, like your hospital, at the same time, by accessing through givingassistant.org ."

This review was modified by SanDiegoJoe on November 29 2016 08:36:51 AM

2016-11-28

Save on ammo and train safely at home!

"Bought the SureStrike 9mm laser ammo cartridge for dry-fire training on aim, trigger pull, and draw-and-fire. There is something very satisfying about being able to dry-fire your weapon safely indoors and see a brief laser spot on your point of contact. Works great. And Optics Planet has always given great service and fast delivery to me. A great company."

This review was modified by nighthawk717 on November 28 2016 05:32:53 PM

Never Again

"This review encompasses OpticsPlanet's performance on their own website, opticsplanet.com, as well as their performance on Amazon's website as well. The first item I ordered from this company was a magazine carrier for some FNX 45 mags. They shipped the wrong one and it didn't fit. Luckily I bought it through Amazon. I think Amazon must be a very important source of revenue for this company because they promptly refunded my credit card when I returned the item. The second time, I ordered three items from this company from their own website- an ACOG sight, a Leupold scope, and a mark 2 mount. The shipment went out in a timely manner. They needed a signature upon receipt so I tried to look online for a way to get the package redirected to the local FedEx store so I could sign for it there. OpticsPlanet didn't have a way to do this on their mobile app or their website. The option was blocked out on FedEx website. I called FedEx to get the package redirected and they told me I'd have to contact OpticsPlanet. I got through to an associate at OpticsPlanet who told me I'd get a confirmation email from the shipping department to let me know the package was headed to the FedEx store. I never got any such email. The next day I found a tag on my door letting me know the driver made his first attempt to deliver and would try again the next day. The next morning before work I called OpticsPlanet customer service again. They assured me the change would get made. Later that day I checked the tracking number and FedEx sent it to the store. I picked it up that evening.
The third purchase I tried to make from OpticsPlanet was for a holster for a pistol I've got with a light attached to it. OpticsPlanet said they had it so I bought it from their company website. They didn't have it in stock. It sat on back order for a week. The fourth purchase I made was in OpticsPlanet website as well. It was a leupold long range scope with a one piece scope mount. Both items were listed as in inventory. I checked the status on my phone and both items were listed as "waiting for items." Once again I had to make a call and I really don't enjoy speaking to these people. I asked the customer service rep what was holding up the order. He said it was the scope mount. I told him to cancel the scope mount, the separate week old order that also wasn't in inventory, and just ship the scope. He said okay. As soon as I checked my account in the online app the week old order was cancelled. I also got an email from OpticsPlanet confirming this as well. The newest order remained unchanged except for a price change that reflected the subtraction of the elusive scope mount. I went on amazon.com and ordered two separate 30mm scope rings from their website. I instantly got up to date information on the status of the order, when it shipped, projected time of delivery, tracking number, and it all went smoothly.
OpticsPlanet was the seller on Amazon shipping the order to me. They do a better job of selling in Amazon's site than they do on their own. That alone is reason enough to delete the OpticsPlanet app off my phone and just use Amazon exclusively when dealing with this outfit. Apparently Amazon makes them jump through hoops they don't feel compelled to jump through on their own.
I called OpticsPlanet again the next day to find out why they were dragging their feet on shipping the scope they claim to have in stock, but their mobile app says is "waiting for items" to complete an order...of a single item. The customer service rep, Bill, said it would ship that day. After lunch, I checked the status of the order and it still said "waiting for items". I called and cancelled the order. Barbara said there was an approval (whatever that means) and I told her it did not matter. I was buying the scope from another source and I'd have it in hand the next day. I explained to her that even if they did eventually get around to shipping I was not under obligation to sign for it.
Later I called Wells Fargo to ensure the charges did not go through on my credit card.
In summary, avoid this company like the plague. They are sketchy. They don't keep their word. They take your credit card information and run with it even when they don't have the stuff in inventory. They don't accurately reflect their inventory in their online info in order to mislead you into buying from them even when timeliness is a factor. This isn't a reputable company. But if it is unavoidable and you have to deal with them, do so through Amazon's website. They are lousy at customer service but do a little better when Amazon management is beating them with a riding crop.

This review was modified by williamgipson on November 28 2016 09:49:55 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-28-2016

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

We strive to provide our customers with great prices, unmatched selection of products and exceptional customer service. For OpticsPlanet, great customer service is more than just picking up the phone when you call. To us, it means providing the most complete offering of products, services, resources and more to create a premium shopping experience each and every time you visit.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Very pleased

"Very pleased with the product and the quick standard shipping. "

Horrible Customer Service

"I called and left a message twice with my contact information as well as sent them emails asking someone to contact me about my order. Nobody has yet to contact me. I have no complaint about the product, but to ignore a customer repeatedly is unforgivable. There is no rebuttal or excuse that could justify such behavior. I tried to reach them multiple times via different means. I will prefer to use another company and pay more than give the business to them again."

This review was modified by tbertolini on November 27 2016 10:10:59 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-28-2016

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for follow-up. Someone should contact you shortly.

great service!!!

"fast shipping, good prices"

This review was modified by rainbowman101010 on November 27 2016 07:35:53 AM

2016-11-27

Problems are rare, and easily resolved

"I've had several orders through Opticsplanet.com and have had very good results with all orders. One item I received had a very slight blemish, but I'm a stickler for details. I contacted customer service via phone very easily, the customer service representatives are very polite, and the return/exchange policy very easy to navigate. Return shipping was paid by opticsplanet, so it cost me nothing for my exchange. In my opinion, you really learn about a company when something goes wrong with your transaction. Opticsplanet.com works with you through the problem to give excellent customer satisfaction. Buy with confidence!"

This review was modified by ChuckfinNorris on November 27 2016 07:05:07 AM

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,606 merchant members.