OpticsPlanet.cCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.83/10 7.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.32/10 7.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.72/10 6.72/10

What is this?

"You guys rock, always have what I am looking for and the fastest shipping. always look for stuff at opticsplanet first."

"I buy something from OpticsPlanet each couple of months. About 10-12 times now. Always works out well. This last order was simple and perfect. Internet ordering was easy and faultless. Discount for holiday was applied correctly. Shipped quickly. I had one special request and telephone help was friendly and helpful. "

"Very great customer service. Fast delivery. Glasses look amazing. "

"Very quick shipping, only problem is that the mount has to be bent up slightly because I can not get the sight to adjust down far enough. Sight itself is great I have 3 of these. Bob"

"excellent service easy on line shopping"

"Order #6378269 was a disaster. I order the 1 x BlackHawk Epoch Level 3 Molded Light Bearing Duty Holster for Glock 20/21/37, Matte Black, Left Hand 44E013BK-L
Model: BlackHawk Epoch Level 3 Molded Light Bearing Duty Holster for Glock 20/21/37, Matte Black, Left Hand 44E013BK-L SKU: BW-HT-EPL3LBDH-44E013BK-L . And the order. And I call and can't get help. I guest after you received my money. The goal was already done.

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you.

Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. A customer service agent should be contacting you shortly.

"The customer service is dry and to the point no helpfulness seemed at all. They give no military or law enforcement discounts unless maybe your the government buying quantity instead of being just a good customer and buying from them. Not very American if you asked me. So I give them a low rating and I have ordered a good bit from them over several times!"

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

OpticsPlanet is a fully accredited procurement solutions provider with a strong history of working with all branches of the U.S. Government. We pride ourselves in delivering fast, smart, end-to-end customer service. As an active Department of Defense vendor, we currently work with the U.S. Armed Forces, Law Enforcement agencies, as well as public and private institutions both domestic and worldwide.

As we value and honor all men and women who dedicate years of service to the armed forces, OpticsPlanet does offer a discount to military personnel. A credit for your last three orders was issued to your original form of payment. You statement should reflect the credits shortly.

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.”

"The worst experience ever. Ordered 4/10 shipped 4/22. They shipped somebody else's order to me (radar detector and screen worth 5x my order). I call the day it arrives (4/27) and they say to photograph the contents for my own security and they will get back to me. Nothing. I call them again on 4/29 and get a return label this time. They say my order will ship as soon as they see the return processed by UPS. I ship it out that day. I call on 5/4 and they say my order will ship when they receive the other package. I was then told that they never said it would ship on notice of being processed as that wasn't policy. I call again on 5/5 after they have received it. They say they will call me back. Nothing. I call 5/6 and they say it will ship within 48 hours. I call 5/12 and ask to talk to a manger after finding out it still hasn't shipped. I get the rudest guy ever - if this guy really was a manger of customer service then opticsplanet has some real problems. No apologies. It is still in "the shipping window". It is very clear I am getting no information from him and I get so frustrated I hang up. I call on 5/15 and find out it still hasn't shipped. and that it will likely be another day. I cancel order. NEVER AGAIN. I have spent at least 2 hours on the phone - mostly on hold as they review the lengthy notes. Never an apology from anybody I was dealing with. I only lost my cool once. There is no way to talk to the returns department, just the so called "customer service" department.
Summary - I just wanted my order. 36 days later I cancelled (of course I still don't have my money back).

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you.

According to our records, we received and processed your return for credit to the original form of payment. It should reflect on your statement shortly.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you.”

"I ordered a Trijicon RMR adjustable red dot sight. After having the sight for a couple of weeks, I noticed that it would turn off on its own after firing about 100 rounds on my Buckmark 22 pistol. I spoke with Trijicon and they said it would be a 3-4 week turnaround for repair/replacement. Since it was less than 30 days after purchase I decided to return it to OpticsPlanet. The shipping process was seamless and the item reached OpticsPlanet in about 5 business days. Unfortunately, the email I got confirming the arrival of the sight stated that the order would be processed within 10 business days. That meant that the potential wait period, including the shipping times for the return and replacement and processing time could be up to 20 business days. This seems inordinately long. I called optics planet to complain and the agent on the phone suggested an alternative. I could order a new sight that day and change my exchange to a return. This required laying out additional cash for the purchase and having to wait for the return to be processed for the refund. Fortunately, the return was processed a few days earlier that the maximum. Overall, the return/repurchase went well, but the wait times for return processing is too long. In comparison with Amazon, the service could be greatly improved"

modified review Rep reply posted May-15-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused for you.

According to our records, we received and processed your return for credit to the original form of payment in 4 business days.

"AS always the Leupold scope mounts I bought came quickly and were exactly what I wanted. I will be buying more items from OPTIC PLANET."

"OpticsPlanet does a great job of having competitive prices on some of the best great out there, but they have a bad habit of sbowing items in stock that are either long backordered or permanently out of stock. I've had this happen on two separate occasions."

"Service was excellent as was shipping. Shopped here numerous times never a problem. Prices are very reasonable"

"Always spot on with good pricing and dependable product descriptions; I know what I'm buying from them. Extremely fast shipping and a good return policy. All with great phone support. I keep going back to Optics Planet because I can depend on a quality transaction."

"The order arrived faster than expected and was well packaged. The telescope looks wonderful but it has been cloudy every night since it arrived. Hopefully I will be able to actually use it soon."

"I've placed two orders with OP so far,and both have been a pleasant shopping experience.I somehow forgot to click on the add button for my free hat with the purchase of my Vortex scope,I contacted a chat host and he took care of it very quickly for me.I'll definitely be a returning customer for any more of my optic needs"

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,838 merchant members.