Stores > OpticsPlanet.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.14/10 8.14/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.47/10 7.47/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.62/10 7.62/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.59/10 7.59/10
Voice your opinion! Review OpticsPlanet.com by clicking a star below.

Not Really Free Return

"I returned the unopened item
I had to pay $7.**** for return shipping : /

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

Our policy allows customers to return items for exchange or refund. Customers exchanging an item will not be charged for the return label. Customers requesting a refund will receive a credit minus the shipping label fee. Customers also have the option to receive store credit without incurring the label fee.

We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future. We also hope that you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

streamlight sidewinder compact

"I bought the streamlight sidewinder compact. There were several different variants of the same model on the website, all with different prices. After careful comparison, I found the one that I wanted which included the helmet mount. The unit with the helmet mount was medium priced, because it neither had all the bells and whistles nor was it the plainest model available. The delivery of the wrong product was quick, and I received it sooner than expected. I emailed customer service, only to get the automated response, I asked what I could do to get the correct item. The email said that I could return the item in exchange for another or I could contact streamlight and have streamlight send me the missing part ( as streamlight usually sends the part free of charge) . Optics planet tried to push option two. As a consumer with a business background this option is unsatisfactory, because, now optics planet would make a profit on their mistake ( I get charged for ordering the unit with all components, but I have to write streamlight and ask for the missing item). After a little back and forth, it was agreed upon that I would return to optics planet their merchandise, and they would send me what I paid for. They did give me partial refund for the inconvenience, I had to wait until optics planet received their merchandise before they would send me the correct product. I am giving this order a three star rating, not because the wrong item was sent but because they tried to profit from their mistake, plus I have ordered from optics planet in the past and and was met with the correct item and speedy delivery. This review is based on optics planet past performance and not compared to other retailers. It's one thing to make a mistake - own up to it and move forward- don't try to convince me to write the manufacturer to correct the wrongs that you made. And don't try to make a double profit thinking that the consumer is uneducated and will take the first option as the only option. "

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

We strive to provide our customers with great prices, unmatched selection of products and exceptional customer service. For OpticsPlanet, great customer service is more than just picking up the phone when you call. To us, it means providing the most complete offering of products, services, resources and more to create a premium shopping experience each and every time you visit.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!

Excellent

"I have purchased numerous products over the years and have been more than satisfied. The products arrive in a timely fashion and are well made as advertised."

Wrong item shipped....twice

"The wrong item (wrong color) was shipped and returned. When the item was shipped again, it was the right color, but another configuration was wrong. I guess I'll keep the most current item rather than rolling the dice again with another return. Customer service was helpful enough, but the QA when it comes to picking the item off the warehouse shelf failed twice."

Rep reply posted Jun-21-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

We have forwarded your complaint over to the logistics management staff for future training opportunities. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us directly at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Still waiting

"It's difficult to review the items I ordered when I am still waiting on a backordered item that could be another two weeks out. I understand this is not OP's fault, and I am patiently waiting, but it is what it is. I can't review anything because the the items work together and missing one makes the others useless. If you want a better review, get with the manufacturer and tell them to hurry the hell up."

Rep reply posted Jun-21-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items.

This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order.

Love it!

"Got a scope for 170$ off! Great deals! I wish they would send free stickers or tshirts or something. Free advertising "

Problem-free shopping

"I hate shopping, except for hunting and shooting supplies! Optics Planet is my favorite on-line store: great selection, reviews, and service. Rarely have I had to return items, but they make that happen painlessly too. Occasionally, items are back ordered, but that's generally due to the manufacturer. Keep up the great work!"

Satisfied

"Have bought several items from OP over the years and have never been disappointed. Great pricing, good merchandise and prompt shipping."

2017-06-20

Still waiting for my shipment.

"It's been almost 3 weeks I think I should stick with Amazon. Matter fact I'm going to order it from Amazon and cancel my order here. "

Rep reply posted Jun-20-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry you were unsatisfied with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you.

According to FedEx, your package has shipped back to our warehouse and a credit to the original form of payment was made. It should reflect on your statement shortly.

We truly apologize for the delay and we do hope you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Full Satisfaction

"Excellent experience in all aspects shopping with OpticsPlanet. They have everything I need at the best price. "

Precision matters

"The scope help me to focus on the target very easy and the lens is very clear help me to see the target better. Sighting the scope is very easy. The shipping was within its time frame. "

DNZ Rifle scope base

"Good experience I received

CMMG 22lr conversion kit

"I have been shopping around for the best deal on this kit. 203.00 with three magazines was perfect.
It came quick, as described and the free 2 day shipping deal made this an awesome purchase.

New to OpticsPlanet

"I just recently placed my first order with OpticsPlanet. Wish I would have found this much sooner great selection free shipping and great customer service I will be doing a lot more business with OpticsPlanet from now on."

Confused really... awful experience

"I received the wrong order originally (literally got another customers package with their personal home address and contacting information included.. so I can only assume my personal information was given out as well.) Very annoyed that I received multiple solicitations to rate my experience before my package even arrived. Same thing happened after I filed a complaint for a lost package a week prior, thing is lost in the mail for 2 weeks, but I get solicitations on how my experience went? Not great.. finally received my order, got the wrong one sent back and now I'm getting asked for a review on my product, but the email does not reflect the item I purchased. I ordered the new upgraded surefire scout w/ 600 lumens (Invoice confirmed 600 lumen), but the email I got asks how I like my surefire scout (500 lumens?). Now i'm wondering if I even got the new surefire or the older model with 500 lumens.. Also, When they filed my complaint for getting the wrong customers package, they billed me again for the entire order. Billed another $350+ to my credit card WITHOUT authorization. Asked to speak with a manager and get refunded my money, but not before my credit card's interest cycle counted that for my monthly statement. So I was actually charged interest on this charge from OpticsPlanet. I had to contact my bank to ensure they would reverse the interest on that order since it was going to be refunded. So my experience? Awful.. "

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. According to our records, a replacement product has been sent to you. I hope the new item was acceptable.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,378 merchant members.