OpticsPlanet.cCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.79/10 7.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.04/10 7.04/10

What is this?

"I ordered the UTG grip for my AR-15 build. In a rush to order it, I accidentally bought the wrong color and I immediately emailed them so they could send the preferred color to me instead of the one I originally ordered. Needless to say they sent me the original color and I actually never received an email back from them. On a good note the item did get to me quick. In the future, if I have to order with them I will make 100% sure of the product I am ordering. But if there are similar prices out there, I will order elsewhere."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-26-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused for you.

Once orders are placed, processing begins immediately. As many items ship from an offsite warehouse, once an order is approved, it cannot be changed and/or cancelled. Most items can be returned within 30 days from purchase. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with a purchase, you may return most items within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or full refund.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. We hope you give OpticsPlanet another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.”

"OpticsPlanet is great! Easy to use website, great phone support. Shipping and returns with this company are top notch. "

"Have been doing business with Optics Planet for many years now. I have had very few problems and the minor ones that I did have, customer service promptly and courteously took care of. I will continue to do business with them for years to come, if I keep receiving the excellent service that I have experienced in the past!!! "

"Great price and quick shipping on the Blackhawk holster for my Ruger LC9."

"I bought several of my scopes through Optics Planet. Easy to deal with, descriptions of the products are well written and fast delivery. Truly one of the best places to buy on the internet."

"I really wanted to get a top of the line red dot sight for a Colt LE6920 AR15. So I ordered the Eotech EXPS3-2 for a Christmas present, but did not particularly care for the large reticle. I contacted Optics Planet about it and they were very good about it and I was able to return the Eotech and replace it for the Aimpoint Pro. Optics Planet made the whole process very convenient and painless. I am very happy with my new Aimpoint Pro with its single red dot reticle. It is so much faster to acquire the target. The Aimpoint was spot on right out of the box. This is an awesome red dot sight and built like a tank. You can clearly see why the Military and Law Enforcement use Aimpoint as it is superior to the others. Eotech is top of the line too, but I prefer the Aimpoint. Thanks"

"Great price. Loved the available options. Package arrived right on time and was well packed. Everything worked as expected."

"OpticsPlanet was both rude and incompetent in their handling of my order and customer service request.

After inadvertently ordering the wrong product option on a pair of wind shields and moments later calling to revise my order, I spoke to a male customer service rep who was noticeably impatient and unhelpful – droning on in about procedures to be taken – and certainly curt. After being asked for details about an item number and promptly providing them, I was immediately asked “so what do you want to do.” After the revision had (reportedly) been completed, he declared “looks like we’re done here” and did not ask if there was anything else I needed.

Days later I received a voicemail message indicating that free shipping promised on the order could not be provided due to a minimum purchase amount not having been reached. The message also indicated that my order would be kept on hold and not shipped until I called to either indicate this would be acceptable or revise/cancel the order. The next day, before I had responded to their call and spoken to anyone regarding this message, I received an email stating that the order had been shipped – despite the voicemail from the day earlier promising that this would not happen.

When I received the shipment days later, I discovered that the item received was wrong: rather than being a quantity of two items as I had specified over the phone, it was a quantity of one item of the wrong type. When I called OpticsPlanet back to explain the situation, I spoke to a female service rep who did not respond to my explanation but instead immediately transferred my call to another party without as much as a word. I was then given the opportunity with another rep to specify the item I desired and was told that the order would ship. Unfortunately, the next day I received word from OpticsPlanet that this most recent new order could not be completed because there was no payment method available to be processed. I was obliged to manually send money to OpticsPlanet through PayPal in order to finish the order.

Eventually I did receive a refund, although the amount was incorrect. At this point I am no longer willing to attempt to resolve the problem. OpticsPlanet will no longer be receiving my business.

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-26-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you.

Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities.

"Great customer service and lightning fast shipping as it was free 2 day !!! Scope was mounted on rifle and it is dead on AWESOME !!!!"

"Products I ordered arrived on time and were well packaged. They functioned out of the box properly"

"I have made many purchases from OpticsPlanet.com, ranging from an expensive ATN Thor Thermal Night Vision scope to numerous types of products and have never had a problem. The items arrived quickly and well packaged. OpticsPlanet.com is highly recommended and I always check their selection before making an online purchase."

"Optics Planet "OPMOD" house brand is definitely designed and constructed to make a strong name for itself! I was highly impressed with the construction, materials, number of amenities and attention-to-detail that went into this backpack. This is quality one would expect to pay twice its price for! This pack will see a lot of ride time in the back of my side-by-side in the mountains of Colorado. "

"OpticsPlanet is my go-to store for not only glass but gun parts. Service and shipping speeds are top notch and prices are typically under, if not well under, their competitors. The customer service is great."

" This was my second transaction with Optics Planet . Both times I received great customer service , quality products , and fast delivery. All at very good prices .
Great company to do business with !!

"Ordered an Ergo grip for an AR build. Good quality product. Item was shipped out fast but USPS lost my package somewhere in Illinois. I called and spoke to Gary about the problem (ext 252 I believe) he told me to wait a couple more days and see if it shows up. When it didn't show up I called back but he never answered or returned my calls. Thankfully USPS found my package and I received it a week later, but I was a little upset that they never followed up with me. Not sure I will order from them again or not. I like dealing with professionals."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-19-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the shipping carrier. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the delivery status of your order.

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.”

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,896 merchant members.