OpticsPlanet.cCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.91/10 7.91/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.48/10 7.48/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.74/10 6.74/10

What is this?

"My Hogue Rubber Security Six Grips arrived quickly and in perfect condition. At the best price anywhere I looked, ordering and delivery were a welcome breeze."

"REF: Brinkmann Outdoors LED Low Voltage Stainless Steel Path Lights, 10 Pack 828-0302-T

I don't always take the time to type a review. But if this helps another in a search for a quality outdoor pathway LED light that will withstand the elements, then I have done my part to pay it forward.

First off I am one of those people that prefer quality over quantity because time has shown me that quality saves you time and money in the long term, as cheaper items do not last, fail and then you find yourself making a repurchase needlessly.

I previously had bought some cheap black plastic pathway lights with those replaceable little 4 watt bulbs. After a few years of Illinois inclement weather they turned to a fragile eggshell and started to fall apart. All my hard work was in vain, and lets face it is hard work installing a set with the cords & burying of the cables putting the things together etc.

So...then I thought well how about some Solar Lights I thought? I bought some very expensive ones and they were to say the least "ok" but were problematic in that they had battery issues and it was really hard to figure out when they malfunctioned if it was the light or the "expensive special rechargeable" user replaceable battery that maybe lasts one year then you have to locate more of these special batteries.

Then they would only work under ideal conditions of full sun, so forget it if you have trees or shrubs blocking their power source. Then when they did work they lit about 4 to 6 hours which again was "ok".

I was obviously on a expensive learning curve that was trying my patience and labors. Enter in the Brinkmann LED "Metal" pathway lights corded. No more plastic to deteriorate & no more bulbs or batteries to replace! Yippie! These lights are LED. What does that mean? For me it means low maintenance and longevity since I am a set it and forget it type guy. I really don't like screwing with things redundantly or repetitiously.

Each LED light is only 1 watt and comes with a low voltage transformer. This transformer also has pre-attached one light sensor that will turn your lights on at dusk and off at dawn automatically! Set it and forget it! This also means they cost pennies to operate! The small transformer also comes pre-attached with a 10' a/c cord and a 5' lead cord to the 1st light. All the lights also have two 5' cords preinstalled that attach to one light then the next allowing up to a full 10' between lights if desired, but I have mine at a more normal spacing of 3 feet and buried the cable in between them 3 to 6 inches with red mulch atop.

The old plastic lights aforementioned had a ridiculous methodology to attach the light to the cord with a fingers crimped snap. Well those actually hurt my fingers after awhile and were problematic in that it was a hit or miss aggravation if you happen to get those two metal spiked teeth to hit the a/c line! Rawr!

Enter in the new Brinkmann lights. They have a different user friendly light to light attachment design where you just snap one end into the other as they are pre-molded with the male prongs on one side that fit easily into the female plug on the next light. They also have a plastic turn lock that covers and holds the connection easily. Whew, how much easier this was! Really no kidding!

These lights at night have a very unusual "white" bright light. I could go into color temperatures but suffice it to say they STAND out beautifully! The light is unlike anything I have ever seen.

Now these are by no means extra fancy as one can find those online at double the price. My objective was to buy a quality light that would last at an affordable price point. And these met that goal thrice fold.

I will say for the sake of believability so you know I am just a normal average 1st time user of this product & that there are 2 things if I were to be really picky what Brinkmann could do to make these lights slightly better, as if that were possible since they are already that good.

1) The plastic opaque light cover should be glass or a slightly thicker plastic as the user must use care not to apply too much downward pressure on them when pushing into the ground as they can crack. So it is best NOT to push on the top when driving them into the ground, instead use the metal stem to drive them into the ground a few inches. There also is a slot for the black a/c cord at the base of the light you may need to make sure it is in this slot so the stake fits correctly. Good advice here wish I knew myself beforehand.

2) The black plastic stakes are only about 2 inches, it would be better if they were 3 to 4 inches long. Nonetheless this length is holding well.

I loved my 1st set of 10 that cost about 70 bucks apiece with $12.25 S & H (no tax) that I bought 3 more sets and put them up all over the house!! My neighbor liked them also and told me he wanted me to send him the link to Optics Planet to also order some.

When you receive the lights they are nicely packed. If you have any issue with a missing part or even if you accidentally damage one because you were not fortunate enough to read this review 1st, just call Brinkmann, give then your order number and they will ship you out a replacement within the 1 year warranty NO CHARGE. They are really fantastic in this regard. PS: Brinkmann's 800 number to call will be on the package insert instructions on the back page.

If you made it to the end of my review then you are already sold and are serious about upgrading your exterior lighting. I would definitely recommend this product from Optics Planet. These lights cannot be purchased on the Brinkmann web site, only at Optics Planet or other online retailers, if you can even find them.

In conclusion. Buy them... you will thank 2 people. Me for this real world review and yourself for adding beauty and quality maintenance free lighting to your abode for years to come.

Sincerely,
A happy customer!

"Never heard of this company before but needed to buy a replacement battery for a Streamlight Stinger. Took a chance and was not disappointed. Fabulous service and quick delivery."

"If it is in stock, they ship it fast!"

"Great product, fit and function is as described. Good value, delivered quickly and well packaged. "

"Avery good experience with excellent service and quality."

"Selection is great, and there's usually a sale or a coupon code that makes Optics Planet very cost competitive (free shipping doesn't hurt either).

My only complaint is that my last two orders containing rifle scopes were extremely poorly packaged. There was NO protection on one side of either shipping carton for the scope boxes. Bubble packing material was just placed on one end of the carton, NOT wrapping the scope boxes, or protecting the other end. I can just imagine the scope boxes slamming against the shipping carton over and over again during UPS's sorting process. This IS an optic retail company, right? The scopes don't appear damaged--the glass is fine, but I haven't fully checked reticle adjustment. The lack of apparent damage is a function of Mueller's good packaging, not Optics Planet (they were just lucky). If a Leopold or Zeiss, etc., were in there, I'd be fuming. Hence I knocked off one star.

"Opticsplanet.com gives great prices and great service. Ive purchased hundreds of dollars worth of products from them over the last 6 years. Their shipping is fast, although the new value shipping with FedEx combines service with USPS. I recommend trying to pickup your package at your local PO. Knowledgable, considerate and patient customer service reps."

"Selection of products is always outstanding at Optics Planet. Prices are very competitive. Buying is made easy and delivery time was excellent."

"At Optics Planet you get what you order with no surprises or BS. I have bought from them for several years and I'm very happy with the service I get. I have had to call them and to my surprise I got a real person that could speak english that knew what to do. Optics doesn't always have the lowest price but I will order from them because I know I will get the item I ordered and not a refurbished piece of junk. "

"Arrived a day later than was estimated but nothing to complain about. "

"you wrote the same Thing for a refund from 03 june...nether seen nothing..this time the same.."

modified review Rep reply posted Aug-19-2014

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you.

As shipment had not been initiated yet, we were able to cancel the order for you and issue credit to the original form of payment. According to our records and Merchant Services website, the following items were processed as follows:

charge on 05/28/2014 for $1.25 & 06/01/2014 for $ $370.29
refund on 07/29/2014 for $370.29 & 07/29/2014 for $1.25

Please contact your credit card company if you are not able to view this information.

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.”

"online chat rep was very helpful but ended the conversation abruptly after I told her I wanted to order, the item arrived 9 days after the order from 2 states away; seemed quite an excessive amount of time, box was damaged (but I suspect USPS caused this), prices were great as was selection. "

"Good quality, good price, excellent service."

"Excellent value for the money. I will likely be ordering another one or two identical scopes in the next week or two "

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,849 merchant members.