Stores > OpticsPlanet.com

Customer service: Rating 7.87/10 7.87/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.77/10 7.77/10
2017-01-22

In the middle

"Recently bought 3 items at once. One of the items (sig sauer whiskey 3) 3x9-40 was on sale for good price and it also had the promotion of "free two day air" for the scope. That was my ultimate deciding factor to purchase the scope from OpticsPlanet since it was a gift for my 7 y/o for his 1st rifle. I done everything as I was supposed to and verified it was added to cart. I opted for economy shipping on the other two items and finished my order. The scope didn't come two day air as advertised. Almost a week went by with no scope I contacted OpticsPlanet and told them of the issue. He was very apologetic and confirmed there was a mistake made but since the package already left from them on economy shipping he gave me 10% code off for my next order. What really angers me is when you're on their website there's always a 10% off code going on so in reality I got the middle finger in imo. Great product and nice people but not happy at all the way this all went down. "

This review was modified by bbbysnw on January 24 2017 08:15:02 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-23-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

We strive to provide our customers with great prices, unmatched selection of products and exceptional customer service. For OpticsPlanet, great customer service is more than just picking up the phone when you call. To us, it means providing the most complete offering of products, services, resources and more to create a premium shopping experience each and every time you visit.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

2017-01-21

Lasers Red & Green, that was for me. Left me wanting MORE.

"Purchased the red and green lasers. The G sight shadow walker series. took them both to jefferson city, MO. united sportsmens club. an outdoor gun range. took them to the pistol range and the red and green lasers were bright and visible on the sunny day on a white steel target. impressed enough that i have already placed another order for a blue laser. there g sight raven series. get one quickly cause they are selling fast. I just wish there youtube videos actually showed the laser beams emitting there colors. red, green, blue, and infrared maybe in a foggy dark room to let the colors and brightness really shine. BUY ONE NOW. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!"

This review was modified by ANDYDANDY1989 on January 24 2017 12:02:19 AM

2017-01-21

This is my 3rd purchase from Optics Planet

"While I had one incident with Optics Planet with items taking a long time to ship due to stock issues the issue was quickly resolved and canceled with no questions. I have to say all other experiences have been top notch.

My order was accurately packaged and deliver was prompt.

Pricing was very competitive with all other retailers.

Optics Planet is my Go To place now for all my hunting and shooting needs.

This review was modified by GaryWV71 on January 24 2017 12:02:12 AM

Great sights!

"Was very pleased with my new Crimson Trace laser sight. Very easy to install on my handgun. I did have to "tweak" the adjustment of the sight for better target acquisition. This is a really good company to deal with. The order process was easy, uncomplicated and I received my order quickly."

This review was modified by bonnievenable on January 24 2017 12:01:38 AM

GunTec Bipod Adapter

"First of all, it took over one month to get the part from Optics Planet. They had told me it was backordered 2-3 weeks. Thus, I could not add my Harris Bipod to my rifle until this adapter arrived. There was no tracking once the part left Optics Planet and then it took an additional 8-10 days for it to arrive.

Second, the parts works perfectly and everything came together just fine. I have bought many products from Optics Planet, I will continue to buy from them. This is the longest time I have every had to wait for a product. I usually have a product within 4-6 days of ordering.

This review was modified by GaryJKlein on January 24 2017 12:01:38 AM

Loved the eotech

"I bought the eotech opmod moa 1-0 but the package came with moa 2-0? So i dont know what happened there.. but other wise the product was great best price. But shippment took along time. And i paid for 3-5 days came in the 8-10 days so waste of $12 shipping."

This review was modified by Bryannino86 on January 24 2017 12:01:36 AM

Value/Variety Shop

"This company provides the same product as the manufacturer and other sellers, but with a great deal more incentive. There are always coupons over already discounted prices, and customer support is always available during normal operating hours. You may need to call back when an expert becomes available, but money back guarantee makes this no big deal. They also have nearly the widest variety of products, compared to similar level competition. Well worth the time and effort. "

This review was modified by kingbeepa on January 24 2017 12:01:24 AM

Awesome seller!

"Well, I'm not sure what's going on with everyone else. I placed my order for an Aimpoint CompM4s on January 4, 2017, a late night order. Even got $100 off thanks to an IV8888 12% off coupon code. Thought about splurging for faster shipping, but I wasn't in too big of a rush so I stuck with the free 5-10 business days shipping. Shipped out the next day, received it one week later, exactly 5 business days. Awesome product, awesome service!

I do wish they carried more in the way of optics mounts. I would have ordered a QD mount for the optic as well if they stocked any. But the regular QRP2 mount is just fine as it is!

This review was modified by anthonyohlendorf on January 24 2017 12:01:08 AM

Satisfied

"I am pleased with my shopping experience with optics planet. I appreciate that they have a very large selection and they have saved me a lot of money. "

This review was modified by csgarvin on January 24 2017 12:00:55 AM

Excessive shipping time.

"Took 5 days before they released a scope mount to the shipper. USPS took another 4 days from Illinois to KY. I paid extra for faster shipping or so I thought. They still used USPS who are slow to start with. Will not use Optics Planet again..."

This review was modified by paul-35144 on January 24 2017 12:00:50 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-20-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. As you requested Standard Shipping, delivery is expected to take 3-5 business days. Please be advised that "time in transit" does not include the day the order is picked up. "Business Days" do not include Saturdays, Sundays or major Holidays. Shipping methods and transit times can be found at: http://www.opticsplanet.com/free-shipping.html.

To try and make our apology seem more tangible, we have refunded your shipping cost to the original form of payment.

2017-01-19

Good discounts, awful shipping and delivery

"great to go and find discounts you don't find anywhere else on your astronomy-related products, that comes at a price though. Insane wait time for an item to be delivered, so, use the money from the discount on express shipping. They change carriers, the package is hard to track, customer services gives you ridiculous ETA ranges, and that is on items on stock, forget about back-ordered items. more than a month to wait for a back-ordered item. You end up cancelling your orders. Again, the availability ranges, 2-5 weeks, then when you get too the 5th week, the updated range is 2-4 weeks more... awful. Go to B&H, yeah, you may not get the same discounts, but you get less grey hair"

This review was modified by orangesider on January 24 2017 12:00:30 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-20-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button.

Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer.

We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future. We also hope that you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

2017-01-17

Order Processing Time Was Excessive

"Initial processing of my order was timely and I received a USPS tracking number within 24 hours....then everything fell apart. While the USPS had a pre-notice to receive the package the actually shipment status could not be determined. After four days without receipt by the USPS I called to inquire, while everyone was polite no one knew the status. I followed up on the six day after placing the order and received the same answer. The after a couple more days the order suddenly was shipped from the warehouse to the USPS and I received it after a total of twelve days from placing the order for a simple scope mount. "

This review was modified by tiemanlw on January 19 2017 07:34:55 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-17-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to learn about the shipping delay during your recent shopping experience. We are sorry for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. OpticsPlanet’s FREE Value Shipping offer uses a variety of reliable shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a timely and secure manner. Once you place an order, the most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. It typically takes 5 to 10 business days to receive your order with our value shipping option; however, allow up to 14 business days for final delivery. OpticsPlanet also offers express shipping methods for faster delivery.

We hope you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!

2017-01-16

Another so so experience

"This is my 3rd order with Optics Planet and the 3 time that there was an availability problem that delayed shipping when the online webstore said the items were in stock.

This review was modified by turbotalon69 on January 18 2017 07:45:03 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-16-2017

A rep from OpticsPlanet.com, opticsplanet, has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items.

This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order.

2017-01-16

The only place I buy optics!

"Throughout the years, I have purchased scopes and binos from just about everywhere. From Bushnell to Nikon to Leupold to SWFA to Trijicon to Vortex, I have noticed OpticsPlanet has the absolute best prices. The sales are plentiful and free shipping is common. The last purchase I made was a combo deal they were running on the Leupold Mark AR mod1 and a Leupold IMS mount. Good price, fast shipping, excellent selections. This is the only place I buy optics. "

This review was modified by jnicks22 on January 18 2017 07:00:02 AM

2017-01-15

Hot Package Deal

"Ordered Vortex Strike Fire scope with mount and caught it on a low ball price and a discount too. Cheaper than Black Friday! Ordering and shipping went smooth and scoped arrived as OP tracking said it would. OP has a better user friendly website than most and great product selection!"

This review was modified by Jlbwilliams on January 17 2017 02:00:02 PM

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,446 merchant members.