OpticsPlanet.cCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.95/10 7.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.54/10 7.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.71/10 6.71/10

What is this?

"Quality product, excellent service."

"Celestron StarSense was ordered on March 9, 2015 and received on Wednesday Match 11, 2015. When installed and powered up on my Celestron Evolution 8 inch telescope, I got an error message that StarSense was no compatible with my telescope. (NOTE: I had spoken with Celestron prior to purchasing the StarSense to verify that it WAS compatible). I called OpticsPlanet and I was advised they had no knowledge of telescopes and then I was given Celestron's phone number. Celestron's tech support was CLOSED. The time? 4:11pm PDT (they are in California and close at 4pm). I then called OpticsPlanet back and advised them Celestron's Tech. Support was closed. The gentleman told me that I could send it back if I wanted. I told him I would wait until I spoke with Celestron, then decide. Fortunately, I had purchased the RS232 and USB adapter cables from Celestron a week before this so, I started looking for the latest drivers for the StarSense handcontroller. After not finding them at Celestron's website, I did a search and finally found the latest firmware update. I then downloaded the program necessary to download and install the firmware update (Celestron Firmware Manager - CFM1.9.5030). This program came with a diagram showing you how to hook up the hand controller AND the camera to the usb ports on my computer. Besided the two cables I needed that I mentioned above, I needed a USB to mini connecter cable. I'm not sure the type of connection the mini connector is but again, LUCKILY, my Nikon UC-E4 USB cable that came with my 35mm camera worked. Once all cables were hooked up like the diagram showed (jpeg file came embedded in CFM1.9.5030), I started the program and it installed both updates for the StarSense hand controller and camera. When done, I disconnected all the cables and turned of the power to the telescope. After turning on the power to the scope, the hand controller powered up and this time WORKED perfectly. The next day, I spoke with Celestron and they advised me that I did exactly what needed to be done because the Evolution model telescope came out AFTER StarSense and will NOT work until the firmware is updated. I don't blame OpticsPlanet. When I talked to Celestron prior to the purchase, they failed to mention this issue. All the guy said was my built in wi-fi would no longer function. Buying the StarSense was a great trade-off for loosing the wi-fi so I don't mind. The weekend after the StarSense arrived, the weather here in Alabama cleared and outside we went. After a 2 minute auto sky alignment, a 5 minute calibration (must be done the first time you use StarSense), and another auto sky alignment, the StarSense performed perfectly. No matter what object I choose and slew to, it is always now in the eyepiece. I don't even have to make sure the scope is perfectly level any longer:) There are ways the manual states to even make StarSense MORE accurate. I now slew to I find the object centered in the eyepiece. Great product once you get it working properly! 5 Stars for the StarSense, 4 stars for OpticsPlanet and 4 Star for Celestron (due to Mark - their telescope Guru).

"Previously, I have ordered from Optics Planet without an issue. This time, it was a nightmare. I ordered a high end scope to be used for military training with two day shipping on a Friday for a course that I was teaching a week later. They had a computer glitch which erased my credit card information causing a delay of another day. The package arrived Thursday...with the wrong scope. The $2600 optic I ordered was replaced with a $500 model. I immediately called and explained the urgency to replace the item. The rep had to confirm the problem before they could ship another... I called back a couple of hours later but was told that the person had left for the day and nothing could be done for the class the following day. I called about 90 minutes after they opened the following morning and for the third time, expressed the urgency of the situation...the boss wasn't in yet to authorize the action. I called back a forth time and was told they were working on it. They called back later and said that the correct item would be shipped but they waited too long to have it delivered on a Saturday. I AGAIN explained that the item was desperately needed for a military course...no luck. They promised to ship it overnight on Monday (too late for the Fri-Sun class and a day late for the Mon-Wed class) for a Tuesday arrival. They forgot and sent it ground which won't arrive until Wed evening. I am furious! "

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-27-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. According to our records, a replacement product has been sent to you. I hope the new item was acceptable.

We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.”

"The product was perfectly priced, spot on description, and a quality scope. Fast shipping and excellent customer service. I've already ordered other products from OpticsPlanet.com, and will continue to do so in the future."

"First Nixon M308 scope top Shelf, service as far as taking my order and sending what I ordered sucks!! Was on line little red box pops up call for better deal we can help don't do it!!!! I think his name was Bill ,I said to him I'm calling about the Nixon mount em up special for the M 308 with mount ,he gives me a price and I say scope and mount ,he reply yes sir that is right . I get the scope I want but no mount I call they tell me Bill did not get the order right so if I want send the scope back and reorder at a greater cost and up to two weeks after receiving my return they will ship new order or credit my card and by the way the mount you wanted is out of stock until midsummer! I think if you are going to offer something up on special you mite want to have them in stock!!! Update March 24, 2015 received a call fromm customer service and I am sorry I. Can not rember the lady's name but she apologize for the mix up and ask if Optic planet could make it right by sending me a different scope mount by Nikon that would be comparable with my M308 scope I accepted her offer and thank them for their prompt and heart felt apologies. Thank you all again for renewed faith in one of my go to stores!!!!"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-24-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you.

Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. You should be hearing from them shortly.

"I purchased 3 items. Received 2 out of 3. Emailed them twice to ask about status. Response was they have no record. I tried an online chat. Was told I was next in line, waited 11 minutes and was told there was no one on Live Chat!!!. Fortunately, the price of the item I never received is a small price to pay for the knowledge of never having buying from them again. There are way too many companies out there that want to do things the right way!"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-24-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

According to our records, one of the items was on backorder with an estimated back in stock date of 17-26 days. An email with this information was sent to the address on file. We were able to obtain additional stock earlier that originally estimated and the remaining item was shipped. You should have received an email with tracking information. We truly try to obtain and provide our customers with as much information as we receive from the manufacturer.

"Bought a Primos truth Cam #63044 from OpticPlanet, price was good and Cam. works great."

"I ordered a Tenzing TZ 1250 pack from OpticsPlanet primarily based on price. The time lag between placing my order and receiving a shipping notice was a little longer than I expected (2 days) but it was not a big deal. I received my bag in a timely manner and all is cool."

"Ships the slowest I've ever felt with.and I order and buy several things on weekly bases from all over u.s..ordered a gun belt took several days to ship,compared to every other place I deal with.and I've never had an order no matter why kind of shipping option.my belt sat 20 minutes away from me for 5 days before being delivered,,take time study ur purchase 99% odds are u will find same item ur looking for somewhere else ,same price or very little more.but spending the couple extra dollars will save u a headache when it comes to their shipping methods..!!!!!! Don't buy from"

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-23-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you.

Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. OpticsPlanet’s Free Value Shipping offer uses a variety of reliable shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a timely and secure manner. Once you place an order, the most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. It typically takes 5 to 10 business days to receive your order with our value shipping option; however, allow up to 14 business days for final delivery. OpticsPlanet also offers express shipping methods for faster delivery.

We hope you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!”

"My red dot scope arrived quickly and in perfect shape. I mounted it the same day I received it, then took it out to the range. Everything works as advertised. I am very happy with your service."

"I ordered a Crimson Trace laser. The laser arrived on the day of expected delivery from the original purchase. The pricing was the best I could find anywhere on the Internet. It was the latest revision on the laser and had a current manufactured date; so it wasn't some old left over stock.

I had a little problem with the laser when I got it, but that was a problem I brought on myself. Crimson Trace did an excellent job of helping resolve the problem and getting me going. Overall I was very happy with my purchase experience and would order from them again.

"I would not buy anything from this company. I placed an order in early December for an item that said would be available in 7-10 days initially (all though they do state there is no guarantee). I never received proactive updates from them, I initiated all follow ups. I was told the item was on backorder from the manufacturer. After waiting over 3 months I went online today to find out that my order had been cancelled, with no communication from the company, no apology, no offer to replace the item with a similar item at the same price. This is poor customer service at its finest. "

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-23-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear of your comments regarding your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused.

OpticsPlanet uses incredible diligence when it comes to providing our customers with availability and estimated ship dates at the time of their order. However as seen in rare occurrences such this, inaccurate information from a supplier can create a situation where we are unable to ship within the promised timeframe. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order. We later found out from the manufacturer that we would no longer be able to obtain the item and an email was sent advising you of this information. Also included in the email is the replacement option available to all inconvenienced customers.

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed you expectations in the future.”

"I was a returning customer and have a login on the site.
I tried to checkout and had an issue where it wasn't loading my shipping information. I called the number for customer service and the operator took the order manually and notified the Web department. A week later I received a follow up call to make sure things were right and I received the order.
Great Job!

"I order some gun part and gun accessories from that foxs, up todate I have not complaint about service and quality of products that I purchased, not Chiness junk, really good quality and good price. I will recommend those foxs I wish many companies in USA have that kind of quality that we americans deserve. A plus is they always send a discount coupon
Dr Ric
Miami

"What I ordered, I received in a very prompt manner, the quad rail fit my M4 Carbine perfectly, and the Bipod was exactly what I expected.
Very Happy with OpticsPlanet.

R.L. Smith

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,839 merchant members.