Stores > OpticsPlanet.com

Customer service: Rating 8.15/10 8.15/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.55/10 8.55/10

What is this?

2016-02-03

Talk to these guys first!

"Been using them for years. If someone has a better price, then simply connect to chat and let them know, they have always taken care of me. The products always come in New packaging and that can't always be said from some Amazon dealers. Learned the hard way on a shotgun scope right before season when I obviously got a returned product. That has never been the case here. I came back to these guys to get my last EOTech and I'm glad I did."

This review was modified by ScottyRed on February 03 2016 07:07:30 AM

Failed to Deliver

"I realize that Optics Planet relies on their Shippers (in this case USPS) but they need to take responsibility for the entire transaction. Ordered a weapon light for a qualification course with our department and thought I could rely on the shipping dates from OP. I live in Arizona but My item was apparently shipped from IL to WA and stuck in Kent, WA for days. I had to track it down and call OP to ask and was told that USPS was unreliable and they would "figure it out" and get it sent. No other information. I ordered the light to work with a specific holster, on a specific weapon, and needed both you get signed off at our range. Did NOT happen. Had to use an older set up and now will need to re-qualify with the weapon system at a later date. OP did refund $7.51 for the shipping cost but this did not even come close to solving my problem. I understand that my $140 transaction is a tiny fraction of OP business and they probably just chalk it up to business as usual. All I can do in the future is NOT give my hard-earned money to OP. This, by the way, was not the first time OP had failed in shipping for me. Guess I learn the hard way."

This review was modified by ssean55 on February 03 2016 11:57:47 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-05-2016

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you.
Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. As you requested Standard Shipping, delivery is expected to take 3-5 business days. Please be advised that "time in transit" does not include the day the order is picked up. "Business Days" do not include Saturdays, Sundays or major Holidays. Shipping methods and transit times can be found at: http://www.opticsplanet.com/free-shipping.html.
Since the carrier did not deliver your order within the expected delivery window, a refund of the shipping costs was issued to your original form of payment.
Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.”

Great Selection Great Price Great Customer Service

"Optics Planet's site is easy to use. They have a great product range and free shipping is definitely a plus."

This review was modified by mamalakisb on February 03 2016 06:38:50 AM

Great service

"I placed an order at Christmas and received my items by the ship date. Optics planet gave me all of the tracking codes and information needed for the shipment. "

This review was modified by Lenle01 on February 03 2016 06:39:02 AM

Optics Planet Delivers!

"I am totally amazed at the array of products Optics Planet Carries. Their ordering process is great and the deliver exactly what they advertise. I will definitely keep Optics Planet in my favorites list and will definitely buy from again. "

This review was modified by Mandolin50 on February 02 2016 02:43:26 PM

7 Weeks Later, Still Nothing

"I ordered a pair of sunglasses from Opticsplanet.com for a very good price knowing they were out of stock. I was prepared for a longer wait but was okay with it because the price was so low. After three weeks a box came and the wrong product was inside.

I sent it back and a week later I get an email that they're out of stock again and it would be 7 -18 days before they would have my product and it would ship to me.

They offered to check to see if they had any in stock on site, though. My thought, "why wouldn't this be the first thing you do?!" It seemed like they only ordered products from their supplier once they had an order in place from a customer. Seems like a slow business model but whatever.

A week after that I got another email that said their supplier was out of stock. Come on. Why does it take each outfit a week to realize they're out of stock?

It was at this point I called up, got a refund, and found the same product new on eBay for two dollars more.

Embarrassingly slow delivery and tone-deaf, unsympathetic customer service with no follow through.

This review was modified by squoishmaloish on February 02 2016 12:22:04 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-03-2016

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your recent shopping experience. We are sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused. All wrong product claims have a procedure to confirm our inventory is checked as well as avoiding additional customers experiencing the same circumstance.

Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order time frames are expected on popular items. This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. We completely understand the frustration this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer.

We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future. We also hope that you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.”

2016-02-02

Excellent price and fast shipping

"I could not believe how price competitive Optics Planet is. I purchased a Celestron Advanced VX mount for close to $100 less than any other competitor. It only took 3 days to arrive."

This review was modified by wboeck6161 on February 02 2016 10:25:26 AM

Oh yeah...Excellent!

"Been looking for a bench shooting chair that's compact with adjustable legs 17" to 24", portable, quasi comfortable and durable. I did some serious research on this subject i.e. googled the internet, looked in furniture and music stores. after months of looking I finally found the chair that met what i envisioned the (Quake The Stag Swivel Hunting Stool With Back Rest 90000-9) and the best deal i found was on OpticsPlanet.com I save money on shipping and the chair price too, nice.

Delivery was the exact day, all went well.

I will pass your web-name to friends

This review was modified by Alpha-Omega54321 on February 02 2016 09:34:00 AM

Free 2 day shipping

"Was promised 2 day free shipping, took 6 days. Scope was sent Fedex to my post office for regular delivery . MISLEADING"

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you.

According to our records, you selected our Value Shipping option. Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. OpticsPlanet’s FREE Value Shipping offer uses a variety of reliable shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a timely and secure manner. Once you place an order, the most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. It typically takes 5 to 10 business days to receive your order with our value shipping option; however, allow up to 14 business days for final delivery.

We hope you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to email us at care@opticsplanet.com and we will be happy to assist you!”

Leupold Mark 2 IMS Integrel Mounting System

"This is a Leupold scope mounting unit that I bought for a custom built AR .223 SST that is in the process of being assembled. I bought this unit because of my experiences (and reputation) with Leupold scope rings and other needed parts for scope mounting on various rifles. I've also had very good experiences in buying from Optics planets ranging from scope accessories to rifle scopes themselves. Optics Planet's pricing is excellent as well as their Customer Services. The Mark 2 IMS Unit was priced better than most other places and appears to have the usual excellent quality that Leupold usually provides. Now all I need is my new rifle to be completed and we'll then see if I choose the right unit to buy. If not, I can always return the unused IMS System to Optics Planet and exchange it for something else that better suits my needs. "

2016-02-01

POOR customer service/ didn't come with everything in description

"Ordered a safariland drop leg holster that was supposed to come with the leg shroud, quick flex adapter, straps,every thing. It even said it came with all that on my recept, listed out. I talked to 3 customer service reps and one supervisor on the phone. One guy stopped taking calls and the supervisor stopped emailing me. They all saw where it said it came with everything and still refused to ship the rest of the order.
It's sad cause I've spent over $200 with this company in the past.

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused.

According to our website, the item you ordered was just the base model. It seems the item you would like to purchase is Safariland 6304 ALS Thigh Holster, STX TAC Black, Right Hand - For Glock 17/22 w/Light (SKU: DS-HT-6304-832-6304-832-131). Please visit our website at http://www.opticsplanet.com/safariland-6304-als-tactical-holster-stx-tac-black-right-hand-6304-832-131.html?_iv_code=DS-HT-6304-832-6304-832-131 for additional information.

We want your experience with us to be easy and hassle-free. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with any purchase, you may return most items within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or refund. After 30 days from the date of receipt, please contact the manufacturer for possible repair or replacement.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. We hope you give OpticsPlanet another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.”

Great Customer Service!!

"I originally ordered a back pack from OP thru Amazon. There was going to be a week wait time as it wasn't in stock but expected in a week. This turned into a month long wait so I contacted OP Customer Service to see if I could change the order. Not only did they allow me to change it, but I was given an upgraded back pack at no additional cost.
OP Customer Service ROCKS! Very courteous and helpful.
Delivery was in two days!
I will be shopping with them again!!

2016-01-30

Not the worse, not the best

"Spoke with customer service before order and she was slightly helpful, didn't know anything about the product but said I would be able to return it if it wasn't right. Placed the order anyway with a promo code (saved $5) and still got free shipping. Shipping was pretty fast for being free. Item was what the rep at the MANUFACTURER said it should be. Would do business here again if the price was right, but I'd look at 1 or 2 other vendors first. "

This review was modified by YR0Z on February 01 2016 05:08:03 AM

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you.

Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. Please contact us at 1-800-504-5897 or via email care@opticsplanet.com and our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Old Shooter

"Got a bad Red Dot sight. Replacement process was great-no cost to me. Customer service is top notch. Products are high quality."

2016-01-29

Look no further!! They have it all.

"OpticsPlanet.com is my go to online store for everything I need for my Colt M4 Carbine and my Glock 17 pistol.
I call it the gunsrus store! Their customer service is outstanding and their discounts and free shipping are awesome!! thank you opticplanet.com you rock!!

This review was modified by claudiotona on January 29 2016 07:05:48 AM

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,635 merchant members.