Stores > OpticsPlanet.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.1/10 8.1/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.03/10 8.03/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10

What is this?

"I must say that I had no issues with my shopping experience. Ordering on the site was easy and I even received my item a day earlier than I expected.

Side note, I purchased a Vortex red/green scope and it's going great so far.

This review was modified by OBESIGMA on November 25 2015 07:08:47 AM

"This month I have ordered (in separate orders) two HOGUE Ruger 10-22 Tac Thumbhole Rubber OverMold Stock w/ .920 Barrel Channel Ghillie Earth 22970. Both arrived very quickly via UPS. I negotiated the prices with the Customer Service folks via on-line chat and as with all previous purchases I was very pleased with their professionalism and desire to help. I have been a customer of Optics Planet for a number of years and have always looked to them first when I am looking for holsters, scopes, etc. I have referred a number of friends and they reported similar treatment. "

"I ordered a Leupold Rogue 10x25 Compact binoculars and am absolutely happy with OpticsPlanet. I am a first time buyer. Their price was best, and their delivery was efficient and as promised. Exactly as I hoped."

This review was modified by aronsr on November 24 2015 08:06:37 AM

"Excellent choices, reasonable pricing, some sales, good site."

"I got Picatinny Scope Mount on time and it fit perfectley. Solved all my eye relief problems I was having. Scope rings verey good, I would recomend This to others."

"Very helpful when I called to ask questions about the products I was ordering. Really like the products and review info. Very informative.

Only beef would be that I paid for 2-3 day shipping and don't feel that's what I got. Placed order on a Friday, got notification it was shipped on Friday, and did not receive shipment until Wednesday afternoon.

That was cutting it close since I needed them for a long week-end outing starting Thursday. Had I paid extra and not had them for my trip I would have been very unhappy.

Overall great company to do biz with, see myself shopping there again, and would recommend OpticsPlanet.com to friends.

"I purchased a Tasco 4x15 scope. The purchasing process was smooth. Delivery was quick. The product is pretty much junk in my opinion. At a cost of $8.39 plus $6.99 for shipping it has been a lesson learned. The optics are blurry at best. I doubt that I'll ever use it. Since I discarded the packaging, assuming it would be okay once mounted on my rifle, I won't be able to return it. Learned my lesson...don't buy cheap junk. "

This review was modified by sgray411 on November 20 2015 08:52:19 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-20-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

We want your experience with us to be easy and hassle-free. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with a purchase, you may return most items within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or full refund. Please see our website for further information. After 30 days from the date of receipt or product defects, please contact the manufacturer for possible repair or replacement.

Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.”

"Great service. Really love the fast shipping!"

This review was modified by misterduc on November 20 2015 08:50:49 AM

"The wide range of products and brands that you offer is what got my attention. The prices cannot be beat and the service/shipping was top notch!"

"Great customer service, crazy fast shipping! "

This review was modified by Mike556 on November 19 2015 06:46:16 AM

"Purchased a scope through OpticsPlanet.com that seems to be a quality scope at the best price. Purchasing was easy, and they even gave me a discount when I called in to place the order. Shipping was prompt. Took two stars off due to scope coming not as advertised. Picture on OpticsPlanet website showed a clamp with a Picatinny rail on top, product came with a smooth top clamp. I advised OpticsPlanet of the difference and their response was "The picture on our site is a basic representation of the items we sell and may not be an exact representation" and that if I wasn't satisfied I could return the scope. I would think the picture advertising a product online should exactly represent what you are buying since you aren't looking at in person. I would buy again from OpticsPlanet.com, but will ask more questions next time to be sure I'm getting what is advertised."

This review was modified by Seanmk2 on November 18 2015 06:46:02 AM

" It is now by far my favorite holster. Comfortable and easy to conceal. It doesn't tug at your pants as side holsters or inside the waist do. The gun locks in very secure - actually a little hard to get out the way I kinda pressure it in but I prefer it that way to falling out or worrying about it. I don't plan on having to use it and it is still available easily if I would have to. I have the black and even with blue jeans it kinda blends in without much cover."

This review was modified by figuy on November 17 2015 09:14:18 AM

"bought 2 - Crimson trace LG 452 laser guards for Glock 19 & 34. you can stretch a Hogue rubber grip to fit over the activation button w/o activating it automatically. my problem is not with Optics Planet. Its with CT ;. The laser guards could have been designed better to install at the rear where the 2 halves interlock and a plate to replace battery more simply. Plastic injection molding can have a dozen variables that must be controlled for consistency. These guys seem to be waking up to ergonomics but the red lasers are crap in daylight. Really bad designs are the side activation models for the SIG P226 & Beretta M9. "

"Right after I put my order in I noticed that chrome had auto filled my old address instead of my new one. Not even 30 minutes after I noticed this I emailed customer service and informed them to correct it to my new address.
I got an email back stating that they were looking into the matter at will get back to me. Next day I followed up with emails and tried to chat as well. Now I was informed that they would get back to me to see if they could have warehouse change the address. NOT SURE WHY THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO A SIMPLE THING SINCE MY ORDER HAS NOT EVEN BEEN PROCESSED YET, but I waited patient for an answere. Still nothing and I followed up again later that day and they informed me that willl will try to cancel the order if not change get address.

Is it me or am I asking g for the impossible?. Yes I made a mistake by overlooking my address, however I did take action to correct the issue well in advance before they even acknowledge my order.

Next day I saw that the order has been processed and shipped out now, and to my surprise it was still the wrong address. No cancel no change of address.
Emailed them and chatted with them again. Spoke to sone one who stated they would get it updated for me via warehouse to change through fedex. Which a seller is able to do on their end simply by updating the address through there online portal.
I was sure that we finally got it then cared of.

Next day still no change according to tracking info. Tried to take matters in my hands and change via FedEx however it was locked and it stated only the shipper could do so for my particular package. Emailed them again and express my issue from beginning to end. They stated again that they were sorry and would get it resoleved.

To get to the point, they sell great products at great prices, but customer service was literally useless for my situation. How hard is it to advise warehouse to update shipping info for a package?

In the end I was able to to get in contact with the occupants of my day address and informed them of the issue and to callled me when they get it in.

I got my package thank god, no thanks to customer service.

I buy a lot online. And I mean 5 - 15 packages a month and have never ever had this problem. First time for everything, but it DID NOT HAVE TO BE THIS DIFFICULT.

Don't overlook your orders. Because Goodluck with getting corrections made, or cancellations done.

This review was modified by aznsupraracer on November 18 2015 11:44:01 AM
Rep reply posted Nov-17-2015

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused for you.

Once orders are placed, processing begins immediately. As many items ship from an offsite warehouse, once an order is approved, it cannot be changed and/or cancelled. Most items can be returned within 30 days from purchase. If, for any reason, you are not completely satisfied with a purchase, you may return most items within 30 days of receipt for an exchange or full refund.

We are sorry for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. We hope you give OpticsPlanet another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.”

"Ordering from OpticsPlanet was easy as usual, but shipping is too slow. It took several extra days to get to me than expected. Went FedEx and then Post Office. Not a great idea.
In terms of rating, I'm less than satisfied with the shipping time and satisfied with the product. Lasermax laser itself is good, and I'm happy at this point with it although I have only used it one time at the range sighting in. It's a little too easy to turn on. That may sound odd, but when you are working with the AR clearing the chamber or loading/unloading a mag, you don't want to accidently turn the thing on. May just take some getting used to.

This review was modified by Cricket331 on November 18 2015 09:44:01 AM

Share OpticsPlanet.com's store rating

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,677 merchant members.