OpticsPlanet.cCoupons

Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.86/10 7.86/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.44/10 7.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

What is this?

"The people were good. I would have like to not do all online and just do it over phone - made it more complicated. 10 days to process is too much. s/b 3-5 days. I called and got my expedited, and two day shipped which was nice. Otherwise I think I would have had to wait even longer...

I would like a 20% percent discount on something to make me super happy again with Optics planet.

"Outstanding customer service! If there is a problem, thet go out of there way to fix it to your satisfaction. I ordered an adjustable rear night sight than was not easy to find. Their price was the loest I could find for the same product, even on the glock specialty stores. By the time my order was placed they were out of stock, so they gave me the option of putting on back order or canx order, I called cust svs and told them I really wanted sight, they had it directly shipped to me from manufacturer."

"Had ordered sunglasses from them on numerous prior occasions and this is the second time they did not deliver a product. I placed this order and they told me it was on back order until the end of May, which was fine. Then I never heard anything and kind of forgot about it. I wanted check the status and make sure I was not charged for the order since I did not receive it and its August, the status said "canceled." They never notified me of the change in order status, so I called CS to see what was going on.

The CS rep was kind of snotty. She told me an email was sent on 8/20, which I never received, saying the product was discontinued. I asked why they didn't bother to tell me my order was status for 3 months and she says: "well we did tell you on 8/20 but sorry you didn't get the email." She was pretty bad at CS. All she should have said was sorry, "we should have let you know sooner that we were having an issue" rather than get argumentative.

There are many other sunglass dealers online. I think their problem is the do not maintain inventory and drop ship, but don't tell you that the wait time for product is excessive and products you order may not be available any longer. I recommend choosing someone else.

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-02-2014

opticsplanet, OpticsPlanet.com rep has responded

“We are very sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your recent shopping experience. Unfortunately, the majority of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturers’ and extended back order time frames are expected on popular items.

This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturers’ at the time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturers’. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order.

We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future. We also hope that you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.”

"Optics Planet gets my highest rating. I will buy from them every time if their price is competitive over their competitors. I have never had anything but the best experience from this retailer. Their shipping is FAST and the customer service when needed has been exceptional. Optics Planet even paid shipping to return something I ordered by mistake. Two thumbs up on these guys."

"My Hogue Rubber Security Six Grips arrived quickly and in perfect condition. At the best price anywhere I looked, ordering and delivery were a welcome breeze."

"REF: Brinkmann Outdoors LED Low Voltage Stainless Steel Path Lights, 10 Pack 828-0302-T

I don't always take the time to type a review. But if this helps another in a search for a quality outdoor pathway LED light that will withstand the elements, then I have done my part to pay it forward.

First off I am one of those people that prefer quality over quantity because time has shown me that quality saves you time and money in the long term, as cheaper items do not last, fail and then you find yourself making a repurchase needlessly.

I previously had bought some cheap black plastic pathway lights with those replaceable little 4 watt bulbs. After a few years of Illinois inclement weather they turned to a fragile eggshell and started to fall apart. All my hard work was in vain, and lets face it is hard work installing a set with the cords & burying of the cables putting the things together etc.

So...then I thought well how about some Solar Lights I thought? I bought some very expensive ones and they were to say the least "ok" but were problematic in that they had battery issues and it was really hard to figure out when they malfunctioned if it was the light or the "expensive special rechargeable" user replaceable battery that maybe lasts one year then you have to locate more of these special batteries.

Then they would only work under ideal conditions of full sun, so forget it if you have trees or shrubs blocking their power source. Then when they did work they lit about 4 to 6 hours which again was "ok".

I was obviously on a expensive learning curve that was trying my patience and labors. Enter in the Brinkmann LED "Metal" pathway lights corded. No more plastic to deteriorate & no more bulbs or batteries to replace! Yippie! These lights are LED. What does that mean? For me it means low maintenance and longevity since I am a set it and forget it type guy. I really don't like screwing with things redundantly or repetitiously.

Each LED light is only 1 watt and comes with a low voltage transformer. This transformer also has pre-attached one light sensor that will turn your lights on at dusk and off at dawn automatically! Set it and forget it! This also means they cost pennies to operate! The small transformer also comes pre-attached with a 10' a/c cord and a 5' lead cord to the 1st light. All the lights also have two 5' cords preinstalled that attach to one light then the next allowing up to a full 10' between lights if desired, but I have mine at a more normal spacing of 3 feet and buried the cable in between them 3 to 6 inches with red mulch atop.

The old plastic lights aforementioned had a ridiculous methodology to attach the light to the cord with a fingers crimped snap. Well those actually hurt my fingers after awhile and were problematic in that it was a hit or miss aggravation if you happen to get those two metal spiked teeth to hit the a/c line! Rawr!

Enter in the new Brinkmann lights. They have a different user friendly light to light attachment design where you just snap one end into the other as they are pre-molded with the male prongs on one side that fit easily into the female plug on the next light. They also have a plastic turn lock that covers and holds the connection easily. Whew, how much easier this was! Really no kidding!

These lights at night have a very unusual "white" bright light. I could go into color temperatures but suffice it to say they STAND out beautifully! The light is unlike anything I have ever seen.

Now these are by no means extra fancy as one can find those online at double the price. My objective was to buy a quality light that would last at an affordable price point. And these met that goal thrice fold.

I will say for the sake of believability so you know I am just a normal average 1st time user of this product & that there are 2 things if I were to be really picky what Brinkmann could do to make these lights slightly better, as if that were possible since they are already that good.

1) The plastic opaque light cover should be glass or a slightly thicker plastic as the user must use care not to apply too much downward pressure on them when pushing into the ground as they can crack. So it is best NOT to push on the top when driving them into the ground, instead use the metal stem to drive them into the ground a few inches. There also is a slot for the black a/c cord at the base of the light you may need to make sure it is in this slot so the stake fits correctly. Good advice here wish I knew myself beforehand.

2) The black plastic stakes are only about 2 inches, it would be better if they were 3 to 4 inches long. Nonetheless this length is holding well.

I loved my 1st set of 10 that cost about 70 bucks apiece with $12.25 S & H (no tax) that I bought 3 more sets and put them up all over the house!! My neighbor liked them also and told me he wanted me to send him the link to Optics Planet to also order some.

When you receive the lights they are nicely packed. If you have any issue with a missing part or even if you accidentally damage one because you were not fortunate enough to read this review 1st, just call Brinkmann, give then your order number and they will ship you out a replacement within the 1 year warranty NO CHARGE. They are really fantastic in this regard. PS: Brinkmann's 800 number to call will be on the package insert instructions on the back page.

If you made it to the end of my review then you are already sold and are serious about upgrading your exterior lighting. I would definitely recommend this product from Optics Planet. These lights cannot be purchased on the Brinkmann web site, only at Optics Planet or other online retailers, if you can even find them.

In conclusion. Buy them... you will thank 2 people. Me for this real world review and yourself for adding beauty and quality maintenance free lighting to your abode for years to come.

Sincerely,
A happy customer!

"Never heard of this company before but needed to buy a replacement battery for a Streamlight Stinger. Took a chance and was not disappointed. Fabulous service and quick delivery."

"If it is in stock, they ship it fast!"

"Great product, fit and function is as described. Good value, delivered quickly and well packaged. "

"Avery good experience with excellent service and quality."

"Selection is great, and there's usually a sale or a coupon code that makes Optics Planet very cost competitive (free shipping doesn't hurt either).

My only complaint is that my last two orders containing rifle scopes were extremely poorly packaged. There was NO protection on one side of either shipping carton for the scope boxes. Bubble packing material was just placed on one end of the carton, NOT wrapping the scope boxes, or protecting the other end. I can just imagine the scope boxes slamming against the shipping carton over and over again during UPS's sorting process. This IS an optic retail company, right? The scopes don't appear damaged--the glass is fine, but I haven't fully checked reticle adjustment. The lack of apparent damage is a function of Mueller's good packaging, not Optics Planet (they were just lucky). If a Leopold or Zeiss, etc., were in there, I'd be fuming. Hence I knocked off one star.

"Opticsplanet.com gives great prices and great service. Ive purchased hundreds of dollars worth of products from them over the last 6 years. Their shipping is fast, although the new value shipping with FedEx combines service with USPS. I recommend trying to pickup your package at your local PO. Knowledgable, considerate and patient customer service reps."

"Selection of products is always outstanding at Optics Planet. Prices are very competitive. Buying is made easy and delivery time was excellent."

"At Optics Planet you get what you order with no surprises or BS. I have bought from them for several years and I'm very happy with the service I get. I have had to call them and to my surprise I got a real person that could speak english that knew what to do. Optics doesn't always have the lowest price but I will order from them because I know I will get the item I ordered and not a refurbished piece of junk. "

"Arrived a day later than was estimated but nothing to complain about. "

OpticsPlanet.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

OpticsPlanet.com is a merchant member
OpticsPlanet.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,851 merchant members.