Stores > Opentip

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-11-23

Do NOT order!

"Don't waste your time or money ordering from this retailer. I was very disappointed in the quality and color of the shirts that I ordered. The color did not match the color shown on their site. I was informed that I could not return them as it was a closeout item. (Never saw that clause until after my items were received) I asked if I could at least exchange them for a color I could use and was told no refunds and no exchanges. Their customer service/customer satisfaction ****! Along with taking my $40 they will get some unwanted free advertising from me!!"

This review was modified by NanaEubanks on November 23 2016 07:30:21 AM

2016-10-13

Beware of restocking charges and shipping costs if the shoe doesn't fit. Not NEARLY the same as Payless.

"Although the shopping experience was fairly seamless for purchase and delivery, you must understand some things about Opentip's refund policy when things don't fit, and know that sending a pair back may not be worth it. I spent a great deal of time reading reviews about sizing before deciding size for three pairs of shoes. When received, one of the pair didn't fit at all, this despite the fact they were ordered in a wider width, and were ordered according to reviews of people wearing my size. Now, I have bought shoes online from Payless, and when a return is needed for any reason, Payless gives you the option of returning at no charge, or simply returning to any Payless store for full credit. This is NOT Opentip's policy. If they sent you the correct order (and they did actually ship what I ordered even though the fit was poor), you must contact them for an RA, and put that on the outer box. Then you must ship the box to California WITH tracking. This adds tremendous cost. I am in NY State, and USPS shipping cost me over $20, and that was the CHEAPEST shipping I could find! They also charge a restocking fee of 15 percent if the error in ordering was yours. The shoes cost $44 originally, so by the time I got my refund of almost $38, I had lost $6 for the restocking fee, plus $20 for shipping. Therefore I spent two hours of my time and gas just to get back about $18 of my initial cost. It would have been far easier to keep the shoes or give them away. If the company had been more transparent about their exchange policy, or mentioned that returns had to be shipped a great distance with tracking, I would have had enough information to make that choice and decided it was not worth the hassle. Overally, my future business will probably be with a store that makes returns much less pricey, even if I have to pay more up front for the product. I value my time more highly than that, any opentip ended up wasting mine. I am wiser for that now, but want to share upfront that if the shoe doesn't fit, and it was what you ordered, you are going to eat shipping costs with tracking to California, plus the 15 percent restocking fee, even if they are returned in perfect condition. Know this going in. If you aren't pretty certain your order will be right, you might want to look elsewhere for online clothing purchase, like a brick and mortar store like Penney's or Payless, and steer clear of virtual stores like Opentip, that don't have a more generous return policy. I have two pairs of shoes that I saved a little money on, but the one return, to my mind, more than overrode those gains, compared to other stores. Decide for yourself."

This review was modified by enginear on October 13 2016 11:06:55 AM

2016-09-28

Oh, heck NO -- DON'T DO IT!!

"Trust what people are saying about OpenTip (AKA Corporation d/b/a ATAFA)

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM EVEN THROUGH THEIR OWN SITE AND?OR AMAZON.

I placed an order with Opentip. After two (2) weeks I had not received any updates on shipping and/or any tracking information. (ZERO communication).
When checking on my order, via computer, using the order#/invoice#, there were no options to view the estimated shipping date and/or tracking number (which never became available). Everything was 'grayed' out. I was In need of my product,

YOU ASK -- WHY DIDN'T THEY INFORM OR TRY TO CONTACT YOU...

I then contacted the company who stated they were unable to reach me by the phone number I gave them. This is incorrect. I receive shipping on a regular basis from both Fed-X and UPS with NO issues. What company does not process an order when payment has already been received and collected including having a valid delivery address on file. BESIDES, THEY ALSO HAD MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE
When all said and done, I received an email (2) days later after speaking to someone who barely spoke English. The email stated (yes, not a phone call) that I had the option to either wait another 6-7 business days, of additional processing time, (atop of the already two (2) weeks from the initial order), before my order could 'potentially' be shipped.
OpenTip would not offer to help expedite or admit there was an error on their end to help meet the deadline I had. (Truthfully, I have a pool going in next week and the brackets must be in-layed while the concrete is poured)
ALL IN ALL -- read what others have said -- and listen. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

This review was modified by rascl5 on September 28 2016 11:53:38 AM

2016-08-05

Scam!!! Stay away

"Item never shipped and they provided me with a fake tracking number. They then hung up on me when questioned. Please stay away from this site. I wish I had read the reviews first. "

This review was modified by Rdeolive on August 05 2016 01:10:32 PM

2015-12-31

"Opentip is the worst Internet seller I have ever worked with. The order processing and customer service are horrible! Please do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere."

2015-10-02

"I order a barbell from OpenTip.com because they had the cheapest price. I checked there return policy first and it stated shipping fees are not refundable and a restocking fee of 15 percent is only charged if they are charged a restocking fee from the company. I received the bar and was not impressed with the quality. I decided to return it. I paid to ship it back directly to the manufacturer like they told me, which is what I thought they meant by shipping costs are non-refundable. I called the manufacturer directly and they told me they do not charge a restocking fee for an item like that as long as it is not damaged. When the company I sent it back to received the bar OpenTip.com not only charged me a 15% restocking fee, but also deducted their shipping charges. It cost me all together over $150.00 to return a $350.00 item I did not like. When I told customer service at OpenTip.com about this they said it was impossible to give a full refund and said the 15% restocking fee is added to items like that. This company is a scam and this is the last time they will ever get another dime of my money."

2015-09-16

"I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE AGAIN!!
I ordered the sunrise makeup trolley case. When I got my item it was broken cracked in 2 large places. Emails were sent to costumer service. I made so many calls to costumer service. They refuse to send me a shipping label and they refuse to put the manager or superviser on the phone. I am so annoyed!! I paid $218 for a broken item that they won't return!!!

2015-09-03

"OPEN TIP SUCKS. Terrible customer service. They sent me the wrong size and it took literally a dozen emails for them to then send me MORE of the wrong size AGAIN......My experience was literally like dealing with a company that was run by 5 year olds. .....If zero or negative stars was an option I would give -5 to balance out the fake reviews. "

This review was modified by jeffkrusel1 on September 03 2015 07:11:11 PM

2015-08-05

"Horrible Horrible Service. Ordered 9 days ago and all I have gotten is the run around. Have had to file a claim with paypal then when nothing was done had to escalate it for paypal to work it out."

2015-06-25

"Horrible, horrible company. The product I got was substandard and they won't take it back and give me a refund. "

2015-06-05

"I ordered 3 roses and had them engraved. The engraving is tiny. The ink used makes it impossible to read. Very disappointed. My 2 emails went unanswered. Terrible customer service."

2015-03-06

"Horrible customer service. Half the time can not get through the phone and email response is slow. Agents don't seem to care about business. Shipping is very slow so and overpriced. Agent said item would be delivered by Friday and when we called back Thursday she said we would have to pay $500 shipping in order to receive by the promised date. Item still has not been shipped and it is Friday now. Customer service agent just keeps saying someone will call back but never does. "

This review was modified by marib0509 on March 06 2015 06:36:08 AM

2015-02-05

"I will never ever order anything from opentip again. They are slow and unprofessional. My experience with them was very disappointing. I told them to cancel my order, a day later they shipped. Then, i returned it they didn't want to give me all ofy money back. They were talking to me like i was stupid. I've been emailing the sup. She never replied back even though we have been emailing. Customer service is just really poor."

This review was modified by smiley2323 on February 05 2015 07:26:48 AM

2015-01-06

"Do not buy anything from them.I purchased counterfeit table tennis padle DHS HURRICANE.They refused to refund money and after long negotiating they agreed to refund me only 15% and they never did.I called many times no answer poor customer service."

2014-10-27

"HORRIBLE Company!! Do NOT purchase anything from them. They advertise at one price but there are so many hidden fees and the shipping is outrageous. I couldn't even get a proper response from whoever it is behind their emails. Will never buy anything from this company!"

This review was modified by atrobella on October 27 2014 12:20:38 PM

Share Opentip's store rating

Opentip is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Opentip is not a merchant member
Opentip does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!