Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"Horrible customer service! Please don't buy from this website! Not only did they not give me a number to track my item, and it took over a week to be delivered, I took the time to write a note to the person receiving the item, and they never delivered the note. So the person had NO idea who it was from--and then I was told by their customer service that I didn't choose that option, to send a note. They said they saw my message but assumed it was a note to myself! Right. I wrote a message to myself. They made no attempts to apologize, or save me as a customer, they were absolutely ridiculous. I'll never order from here again. Don't waste your time!!! "

modified review This review was modified by Chaser0703 on September 16 2014 07:05:40 AM

Opentip User

"Do not purchase anything from this company. Worst customer service ever. Customer Service representative, Stella actually hung up on me after I said my name. They do not honor their pricing. After I paid for an item, they called me trying to charge more saying the website listed the wrong price. "

"You will never find a person to speak to over the phone, expect no answer when you send an email, on top of that, their Live Chat will have you wait for almost an hour before anyone picks up! I placed an order a week ago, they even called me to confirm my address, now it's 7 days later, and it still says PENDING, after numerous email and calls, there is no explanation. "

modified review This review was modified by kwang0429 on August 19 2014 05:14:55 PM

"I placed my order for sand for a unity ceremony for my wedding 2 weeks before the wedding. Just to be safe, I went ahead and paid extra for expedited shipping so that I would have the sand in plenty of time. It still took 2+ weeks to receive the sand. I had to scramble at the last minute to get sand for my wedding, because their sand didn't arrive on time. I guess I should also mention that I had 8 different colors for my sand ceremony, so this was no easy task. Also, I had received an e-mail stating that the sand had shipped 3 days before it actually did, so I had every expectation that it would arrive on time, until it didn't. When I realized this, I called and was told just to refuse the package when it came and I would be refunded. TWO MONTHS LATER, I finally got an e-mail stating that they had finally refunded my money, only to realize that they hadn't refunded the full amount. They pocketed the $18+ I had spent on the "expedited shipping". What a joke!"

modified review This review was modified by CFarthing on July 16 2014 02:48:04 PM

"Poorly run company. They send out way too many emails and their website estimated my shipping costs wrong so they passed the difference ($50) on to me. "

"I ordered something for my sons 2nd birthday party. I ordered it on Thursday and emailed it them over the weekend because my order still said processing. They emailed me Monday to confirm my address! (What does that mean) now because they didn't get in touch with me until Monday they couldn't guarantee it would be here by Sunday.(even though when I ordered it, it said 2-6 days). Then they said I could expedite the shipping by paying over $36. We fought and they waived the shipping and said it would ship by Monday and be here by Friday. They also said that they would email my tracking information. I still didn't have it on Tuesday. I called and they said it hadn't shipped!!! (What do you mean, you said it shipped yesterday) they also said that it probably wouldn't be here by Friday. If they sent it, I couldn't return it. I cancelled my order. I then read my emails and saw they had emailed me. They said that we had a conversation yesterday(Monday) and because I wouldn't pay the expedite charges that it might not get here by Friday. (Not the conversation I had) I will never deal with them again!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Airair1105 on February 25 2014 12:25:58 PM

"Website prices on this site are absolutely reasonable even for dropshippers selling on eBay. However... my biggest qualm with this company are the shipping costs they are outrageous. Take a look at what it costs to buy a futon from them, yes the price is competitive with walmart, wayfair and other online sites. Now take a look at what it costs to ship any of their products. The cost of shipping is half the initial asking price... or more. Many of their products are off the wall crap that are difficult to sell online period, but they do have some really good stuff too.

The employees mostly respond to email inquiries, but have yet to actually respond to any of my emails on the ridiculous shipping costs. Looks like you'll have to find another dropshipper that carries DHP products or other stuff they have. I tried calling them, but their company phone representatives are very difficult to speak with. On the other hand.. in retrospect at least this company responds to email inquiries unilike fastfurnishings.com. I had to spam them in order to get a single response. I tried that a second time with no response from them afterwards. Don't dropship with fastfurnishings.com.

"I ordered a sofa set from Opentip.com because it offered the lowest price after I did a price research online. Two days later I got an email from them saying “we do not know the exact shipping fee until we get your ship to zip code” and asking me to pay $80 more for shipping, which was very ridiculous because I provided my address plus zip code when I placed the order online and their system calculated the shipping charge based on my zip code. If their system made a mistake, it was their fault. Why asking me to pay for their stupidity? So I told them I would not pay more and asked them to honor their price. Their response was they would not honor the price and later they cancelled my order. I have to say this company does not have basic business ethics. A business which does not honor its word is not an honorable business. Furthermore, I think it was fraudulent as they first deceived me with lower price to do business with them and later jacked up the price hoping I would pay since I already spent time on price research. In fact the backup store on my price research list increased the price a couple of days after I placed the order on Opentip.com. Eventually I bought the sofa set from that store because I did not want to do any business with the dishonest people from Opentip.com. Therefore, lesson is learnt and shared."

modified review This review was modified by Wayne9511 on October 20 2013 10:57:43 PM

"Ordered a wrench to complete a repair job on my auto. Description said it would be delivered in 2 to 7 days. 24 hours later I received a call from a non-English speaking person asking why my shipping address was different than the billing address. I explained that I travel. Order was processed. Eight days later I called customer service. It goes to voicemail. I sent an email--where's my order? No reply. Engaged in live chat. On hold a total of 40 minutes on chat. Finally got a USPS tracking number. It left 5 days after the order was processed. Now I have USPS trying to track it down. Never again with Opentip. "

modified review This review was modified by 123time4me on September 21 2013 10:18:33 AM

"Are you KIDDING ME? Okay, look at the reviews below... half of them are terrible grammar, identical sentence flow, and overly supportive. It seems obvious that Opentip is padding their rating...probably with some asian slave labor force back in HK...undoubtedly the same place that answered when I tried reaching their customer service (which was a JOKE!) They pretty much raped me on the shirts that I bought....

After promising me that they were in stock, they shipped only a fraction of my order at a time.. it took more than two months (after constantly contacting them) to finally get it all, amounting to over $150 in shipping charges!!

They kept shipping me the wrong thing, too!! And then I have to pay re-stocking fees!? I'm pissed. This is absurd. Just got the last package, which has three items wrong... I'm just going to pay somebody else at this point.. SMH.

modified review This review was modified by 1987classic on July 25 2013 02:37:50 PM

"AWESOME product very saticfied"

"This is an unethical re-seller! They are a scam. I got a good price on Indamatic Drawer Soft Close drawer adapters from Opentip. The product came without any installation instructions so I pulled instructions from various sites on line. I already knew they would be hard to install from my research on the product. But after finding that installation was more painful than the benefits of the product I requested a return authorization # to send the un-open units back for credit. The rep. sent me an e-mail back asking why I wanted to make the return. I spent about 30 minutes explaining the problems with the installation and the efforts I had made. I felt this was a company that really wanted to improve and know what to change in their sales effort. That was the only reason I took the time to detail the problems.

I got back an e-mail saying I needed complete the attached form in order to get the return authorization. They also said they would see if they could send instructions for installation.

I downloaded the form. All there was to fill out was name, number, what I wanted done with the product if they refused to credit me, and explanation as to why I was returning it.

I replied with the name, what to do with the units if I didn't get credit (which let me know if I wanted them back, I again had to pay shipping). I explained the problems I had with scanning, attaching, etc. They replied that the form was needed for their records & I need only fill out name, phone #, shipping address & reason.

By now, I thought this was a joke! I filled the form out adding my address which wasn't requested on the form, and told them the detailed reason was attached to the email. I also asked what the restocking fees would be but received no answer.

They sent back a computer link to a set of installation instructions. The instructions used a Mounting Tool (template) that could be purchased fro $20. I found that the template wouldn't work for my style drawer slide and e-mailed back that I would need a return authorization #.

They e-mailed me back that they would forward my request to the return department, and again they reminded me that I could not return any item that had been used. I had told them numerous times that I wanted to return 12 of 13 units, since I opened one and knew I could not return it!

I finally got my RA #, a reminder that I could not return any part that had been used or was not sealed in original packaging. They explained that I will be charged for their shipping costs, their handling fee, my costs to ship the return back to them, plus a 20% restocking fee. Also I am required to send the package back to them with a tracking number and send the tracking number to them. This means I will be charged extra for the return shipping. So now I will be paying $32.89 for an order that originally cost $38.48.

I had to jump through hoops to pry a return authorization number from them. Now it will cost about as much to return the shipment than it cost in the first place.

Don't do business with them. They get more by returns than selling the product initially!!! What a scam! And they give the product a bad name as well. The product was fine - just didn't work on my kitchen drawer style. Sellers should know what this re-seller is doing to their name!

I don't know how this re-seller survives with the lengths they go to in order to prevent a return. They make money on returns!

"I have looked for Coleman Can Holders for quite a while. Most online retailers that sell this product had a limited supply and would not allow you to pick what colors you wanted. Opentip had plenty of product for sale and I could pick the colors and how many I wanted of each. I am very happy to now have a great supply of my favorite soda can holders."

"Competitive price, timely shipping. "

"I found the item I wanted and orders it on Tues and it arrived Fri. This made it for Christmas and I found that the price was even less than what others that had ran out priced theirs at. I will usr OPENTIP for all my searches and for most of the items I want! "

Opentip is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Opentip is not a merchant member
Opentip does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!