Stores > Opentip

Product & services pricing Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
Voice your opinion! Review Opentip by clicking a star below.
2017-09-16

Never Recieved Product

"Ordered a product for over $1750. They took the money out of my account quickly but I only received 1 of the 4 packages. All of my voicemails and emails are going un-replied.

Order from another company to save yourself the trouble. I have even submitted a formal complaint to BBB regarding this.

2017-08-22

Poor screen print quality

"I ordered hats with a screen print. After washing (no scrubbing involved) I discovered their print fades substantially. They refused to offer a refund.
In addition, I had initially ordered one hat, so I could review the quality (just ok). After waiting and waiting for the product to arrive, I called to ask where it was. It sounded like my order was never processed.
Customers service is outsourced, so it is difficult to communicate with them.
I would not recommend using this company.

2017-08-09

BEWARE: Poor customer service and delayed shipping

"I wish I would have read the reviews of Opentip prior to my purchase. I cannot speak to the quality of the items because by the time they arrived I no longer needed them and returned them unopened. However, the customer service was the worst I have dealt with - there is no phone number to speak to customer service and you can only email or fax. In my email communication, the representatives did not answer questions or address issues. Shipping speeds were awful - my order was in limbo for six days between Ohio and Michigan. I placed the order on 7/21 and was given an estimate of arrival of 7/27 or 7/28 - this was changed to 8/1 but the package did not arrive until 8/4/17. I went round in circles between the shipping handler (DHL), the USPS and Opentip and the only thing I received was frustration. I asked to have the original amount paid for shipping reimbursed and they refused. I asked to have my complaint reviewed by a manager and was ignored. I would suggest avoiding this company at all costs. "

2017-08-03

Softball shirts

"Ordered shirts for a softball team. By the time the shirts arrived, the season was over! I inquired about the shipment a week after they were supposed to arrive, turns out they were sitting in a warehouse for 18 days. I was told they could have them delivered next day from that point, or I would get my money back.They went ahead and shipped them the cheapest way possible instead. Worst. Company. Ever!"

2017-08-02

Shipping day was 15 days later than promised

"I needed something by the shipping date they promised and asked for them to make sure it got there. Now it's going to be another 15 days. The product $10, the shipping over $8. The customer service says they don't control the shipping. Then who does? They act like it's not their fault and keep sending me messages.

Will NEVER order from them again.

Advise no one to order from OPENTIP

2017-06-02

"I wish I would have read the 476 single star reviews before I ordered form this place. I could have just copied and pasted from the other reviews

2017-04-20

If you want to be called a liar, if you want to not get what you purchased, shop here.

"1.) we purchased items and they arrived incorrectly.
2.) we have been emailing back and forth with these 2 people who are the only ones that seem to have anything to do with this company Sasha & Aileen they have accused of us lying, we sent them photos of the product and they accused us of photo-shopping the images
3.) they refuse outright to provide a refund for their mistake
4.) they laugh in emoji's when you request a pre-paid shipping label for THEIR ERROR
5.) they respond to emails 3 - 5 days after you send yours, IF they "choose" to respond at all
6.) we are going now on 3 weeks since original purchase date, no resolve, no refund, no nothing just complete unprofessionalism and disrespectful behavior from them and this company OPENTIP.COM

2017-04-18

Snarky responses, bet the job title is customer service.

"NO customer service at this company. The response to a simple question shows utter disregard for the customer and lacks any business skills. Sorry, Snarky, Sad...."

2017-04-03

Worst company

"I was charged twice for a purchase they have no record of. Upon calling I was hung up on. Fraudulent company don't order from them!"

2017-03-12

OMG! HORRIBLE FULFILLMENT

"Day 1: Ordered... Day 3 (2 days later): filled out an online customer service form due to non-communication and status still listed as processing... Day 4: called due to no response - asked what processing meant - person said "it is being processed" (hmmmm... that helped), got more specific in my questions and received the exact same response - asked when I might be expected to receive it "when it is processed." - Even more questioning yielded that they were waiting for the credit card to be charged - and then... he later slipped up and told me that the credit card is only charged when it is shipped: Canceled order, told the person that I would write bad reviews of their company and he did not seem even the least bit surprised and did not offer ANY type of apology. Perhaps he interpreted my non-confrontational and calm demeanor as someone who was not deserved of an apology Customer service apparently is not well understood by this company. "

2017-02-03

Can't get order correct!

"Can't say enough bad things about Opentip! I ordered a $3 item and over $10 was added for shipping and handling (small item of less than 2 oz). After waiting for over 2 weeks, the item they sent was the wrong item and wouldn't work. I emailed them and for the last 2 weeks I've received responses over and over that say "...we'll get back to you soon. We pray for your understanding". I finally received a tracking number for a new shipment, but it was going to WA not AZ. 3 days later I got another tracking number. This item came yesterday and was the same wrong item that they sent me before. Incompetent! Horrible customer support! Stay away from this company!"

2017-01-02

Opentip Creates an Obstacle Course for Returns or Complaints

"Your first clue that Opentip is price gouging the consumer under the illusion of a better value is the fact that they charge a "handling fee" of 3% for every purchase, even though they don't handle any of the merchandise themselves. (The various warehouses owned and operated by their associate vendors do.) Then, to discourage any merchandise returns, they charge an additional re-stocking fee of 25% (the highest such charge that I know of by any reputable merchant was 10%) . . . . even though, once again, they are NOT the ones processing and re-stocking said returned merchandise. In addition to this, the customer has to pay the shipping fees and the turnaround for a response from Opentip's staff is about as speedy as molasses in January and not particularly polite. In the final analysis, Opentip's low pricing is a bait-and-switch proposition and a bad value in the long run. Such was my personal experience when I recently purchased some art vellum from their company. Also, something I've noticed on many review sites is how companies like Opentip are artificially inflating their genuine poor ratings by having their employees post false positive reviews. No specific details are ever offered, the glib vagueness, and gushing, fawning tone of these reviews are a dead giveaway that chicanery is afoot. So, caveat emptor, fellow shoppers!"

2016-11-23

Do NOT order!

"Don't waste your time or money ordering from this retailer. I was very disappointed in the quality and color of the shirts that I ordered. The color did not match the color shown on their site. I was informed that I could not return them as it was a closeout item. (Never saw that clause until after my items were received) I asked if I could at least exchange them for a color I could use and was told no refunds and no exchanges. Their customer service/customer satisfaction ****! Along with taking my $40 they will get some unwanted free advertising from me!!"

2016-10-13

Beware of restocking charges and shipping costs if the shoe doesn't fit. Not NEARLY the same as Payless.

"Although the shopping experience was fairly seamless for purchase and delivery, you must understand some things about Opentip's refund policy when things don't fit, and know that sending a pair back may not be worth it. I spent a great deal of time reading reviews about sizing before deciding size for three pairs of shoes. When received, one of the pair didn't fit at all, this despite the fact they were ordered in a wider width, and were ordered according to reviews of people wearing my size. Now, I have bought shoes online from Payless, and when a return is needed for any reason, Payless gives you the option of returning at no charge, or simply returning to any Payless store for full credit. This is NOT Opentip's policy. If they sent you the correct order (and they did actually ship what I ordered even though the fit was poor), you must contact them for an RA, and put that on the outer box. Then you must ship the box to California WITH tracking. This adds tremendous cost. I am in NY State, and USPS shipping cost me over $20, and that was the CHEAPEST shipping I could find! They also charge a restocking fee of 15 percent if the error in ordering was yours. The shoes cost $44 originally, so by the time I got my refund of almost $38, I had lost $6 for the restocking fee, plus $20 for shipping. Therefore I spent two hours of my time and gas just to get back about $18 of my initial cost. It would have been far easier to keep the shoes or give them away. If the company had been more transparent about their exchange policy, or mentioned that returns had to be shipped a great distance with tracking, I would have had enough information to make that choice and decided it was not worth the hassle. Overally, my future business will probably be with a store that makes returns much less pricey, even if I have to pay more up front for the product. I value my time more highly than that, any opentip ended up wasting mine. I am wiser for that now, but want to share upfront that if the shoe doesn't fit, and it was what you ordered, you are going to eat shipping costs with tracking to California, plus the 15 percent restocking fee, even if they are returned in perfect condition. Know this going in. If you aren't pretty certain your order will be right, you might want to look elsewhere for online clothing purchase, like a brick and mortar store like Penney's or Payless, and steer clear of virtual stores like Opentip, that don't have a more generous return policy. I have two pairs of shoes that I saved a little money on, but the one return, to my mind, more than overrode those gains, compared to other stores. Decide for yourself."

2016-09-28

Oh, heck NO -- DON'T DO IT!!

"Trust what people are saying about OpenTip (AKA Corporation d/b/a ATAFA)

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM EVEN THROUGH THEIR OWN SITE AND?OR AMAZON.

I placed an order with Opentip. After two (2) weeks I had not received any updates on shipping and/or any tracking information. (ZERO communication).
When checking on my order, via computer, using the order#/invoice#, there were no options to view the estimated shipping date and/or tracking number (which never became available). Everything was 'grayed' out. I was In need of my product,

YOU ASK -- WHY DIDN'T THEY INFORM OR TRY TO CONTACT YOU...

I then contacted the company who stated they were unable to reach me by the phone number I gave them. This is incorrect. I receive shipping on a regular basis from both Fed-X and UPS with NO issues. What company does not process an order when payment has already been received and collected including having a valid delivery address on file. BESIDES, THEY ALSO HAD MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE
When all said and done, I received an email (2) days later after speaking to someone who barely spoke English. The email stated (yes, not a phone call) that I had the option to either wait another 6-7 business days, of additional processing time, (atop of the already two (2) weeks from the initial order), before my order could 'potentially' be shipped.
OpenTip would not offer to help expedite or admit there was an error on their end to help meet the deadline I had. (Truthfully, I have a pool going in next week and the brackets must be in-layed while the concrete is poured)
ALL IN ALL -- read what others have said -- and listen. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

Share Opentip's store rating

Opentip is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Opentip is not a merchant member
Opentip does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!