OnSale Reviews - onsale.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 2.50/10 4,610 reviews

OnSale is not a merchant member
OnSale does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

All Customer Reviews (4,612)

"Hice un pedido a la web de sammydress y quede encantada con el producto, es según lo descrito y sin duda repetiré en esta web. Muy recomendada."

"Terrible experience. I ordered a Oregon Scientific indoor/outdoor thermometer with atomic clock for my son as a gift.. My order was based on Onsale's ad with Amazon. Onsale shipped Oral B replacement inserts to my son. A few days later, I received an email from Onsale telling me they had made an error in their ad and if I shipped the Oral B inserts back, I would have to place my order for the thermometer again. They will not give a refund unless the inserts are returned. My son did not know who sent the Oral B inserts but since it was his birthday, he figured a family member had purchased them for him so he began using one of the inserts. He had no clue that Onsale was the merchant that was supposed to send him the thermometer since he is in Chicago, I am in Colorado and I have the invoice/order. I view Onsale's methods, incorrect advertising, and follow up as worse than terrible."

modified review This review was modified by Rudy228 on April 19 2013 04:24:40 PM

"Terrible and misleading site. Purchased a complete security camera system from them. When I got around to installing it, the unit was making a constant beeping. much to my dismay, i found that the hard drive from the DVR was missing. I contacted the company and explained that the unit arrived without a hard drive and that it was making a constant beeping sound. The rep proceeded to explain that i was outside of the return policy and that their ad stated that the unit came without the hard drive. I explained that i still had the ad in my email and it never makes that statement. He said it is implied from the word standalone "Zmodo 4ch H.264 Standalone DVR Outdoor IR Camera Surveillance System". I explained that Standalone does not mean without a hard drive and that it cannot be a DVR without a method to digitally record video. He said tough luck. Will never buy from them again!"

"My first and last experience with Onsale is probably the worst I have ever had when ordering a Cradlepoint Router online. They let me purchase it online, took my credit card information, charged my account and I was issued my order number. After a week with no shipping confirmation sent I sent the company an email regarding the status of my order. I received an email back informing me that the product was on back order and wouldn't be in until possibly January 18th. When I initially ordered the product it showed that they had it in stock. After reading other reviews I found out that I'm not the only sucker that this has happened to. No more shopping at Onsale for me...BEWARE!!!!"

"This is one Company where Law Enforcement should be taking the Owner out in hand cuffs. They are by far the biggest bait & switch Company on the net and how they have avoided prosecution to this date is beyond me??? Call them whatever you like Scammers, Fraudsters, Scumbags, all these monikers fit onsale.com They continue to advertise product they neither have in stock or access to take Orders charge your Credit Card and then come back to you after a week and say we made a mistake, but would you take this lesser product @ the same price?
BTW this is an unlawful practice and somehow no one has gone to jail @ onsale.com. At least they should be forced to take down their website? It is amazing that a cease & desist Order has not been issued onsale.com. They seem to me to be nothing more than common criminals!
Just checked with Visa & Master Card.

It is against VISA and MasterCard's regulations for a merchant to bill their cards prior to shipping.

This Company violates these regulations on a regular basis and should have their merchant account closed!!!

modified review This review was modified by cvmmcg2 on November 30 2012 06:20:51 PM

"Terrible. A "Bait & Switch" division of PCMall.

I placed an order for a Samsung 830 Series SSD hard drive and was the 28th person to buy the deal. They sold 217 of them. After 5 days, I got an email and they wanted to ship an inferior, less expensive (but admittedly newer) model Samsung 840 in its place. During those 5 days, I could have bought this drive for slight more money at Amazon, but it is no longer available.

Search SlickDeals forum for the Samsung 830 and you will see they did this to everyone.

This is not OnSale's first run at this, as you can see from the other reviews. They notably did this to everyone over the summer on a deal for an HP tablet. And, as these reviews show, OnSale does this all the time.

"Ordered samsung 830 SSD. They cancelled intending to never fulfill the order by diverting customers to inferior samsung 840 replacement. Shady tactics by a shady company. Don't ever trust. "

modified review This review was modified by PeterBr on November 30 2012 11:04:08 AM

"Ordered via Amazon to be fufilled by onSale. Order processed, paid for and shipped. Prior to delivery, the shipment was recalled by the sender and the order has subsequently be cancelled. Apparently, they shipped the wrong product to a number of people and all of the orders were cancelled. Be wary if a price seems too good to be true as you will likely not receive your product."

"I'm surprised at the negative reviews. I ordered from Onsale for the first time 2 days ago and today I was surprised to see the package has already arrived! It was a pack of 48 AA batteries, with free shipping. I order a lot from "Daily Deals" sites and this is some of the best service I have ever had. I complain to businesses when I have a problem but I also like to complement a business on a job well done. I can only go my experience and my order was perfect."

"Very disappointed in my experience with this store. I ordered two items that were on sale on their website; the order went through with no problem and I awaited my product's arrival. I was then informed a day later that they had priced the products wrong (due to a technical error) and were cancelling my order. I find this to be very bad business practice in my opinion and I would not recommend this business to anyone."

"I ordered a projector and received a confirmation e mail that says nothing about the order number or the shipping information. 3 days later of my order i received an e-mail that says your order failed upon verification and therefore cancelled by our system, it also states that they will issue a refund in 5 to 7 days! i called them and talked to the customer care representative called Enrico B. Valisno Jr. first he told me that they cancelled my order because they couldn't verify the address that i gave them, then he said they cancelled it because they couldn't supply the order anymore because it was out of stock ! and after a long conversation he said they will refund my money between 24-48 hours. The same night i received another e mail about the order shipping confirmation that says my shipping was cancelled! this site looks like a scam ! and they got my banking info. also ! never ever buy anything from this site ! their customer service sucks! "

"Horrible seller - canceled orders with no explanation at all. Don't order unless you like playing Russian Roulette with whether you'll actually get what you ordered. Doesn't respond to emails or phone calls."

"One would think that after we've been using the Internet for commerce for almost 20 years, companies would have figured out how to match orders to the existing numbers of products that they have in stock. I've ordered a Samsung Wireless printer - order went through, but because I didn't receive shipping confirmation for 10 days, I contacted the company about the order and they responded that the product has been discontinued. And that's it. Although I still see it from other retailers (although at a higher price).
I would describe them as incompetent. Will eventually drive themselves out of business.

Rating 8/104/5

"It was my very first time using OnSale but I didn't have any issues with purchasing. It went through fine and got my confirmation/detail emails. Followed the instructions and was able to using my OnSale "coupon" on the partner's website with no problems.

I do have some suggestions though: Please add a way to calculate shipping costs if it is not a flat rate, and display it. Currently, if the OnSale coupon is for an actual product that will be shipped to you, they do state that shipping and handling is not included, but they do not give you any option to estimate or calculate how much shipping (and in both cases, it actually added quite a lot more to the total you spend). Also, my email address was sold to a 3rd party with me knowing- until I started receiving emails from them. I know it was OnSale because I use specific address only for emails from them. They should make the option to opt out (which they do have) more clear. But all in all, I was pretty satisfied with everyone- would buy from them again.

"This seems like a good way to deal in internet commerce."