Onetravel / W Coupons

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.00/10 6.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10

"I have used OneTravel for airline tickets a couple of times. The prices were good but they asked extra for seat reservation while the airlines would do it for free. I asked the customer service to give me an explanation and never got a proper answer."

Onetravel / W K Travel User

"Please do not book your trip on here, especially if it is international. You are not guaranteed a seat, not only that, if you go to pick your seat, they charge you 23 dollars per seat and they are not even confirmed. They told me it is up to the airline. Please use other websites and save yourself a headache! I also purchased the flight insurance in case of cancellations etc and went to cancel, well guess what? no money back! It is all a complete scam!"

"I always book the flight with reputed travel websites but my wife found this onetravel site offering lowerest cost tickets. I was happy that I was able to get the best possible
price for the ticket to India. My itinerary was as given below:

Chicago - Vienna (Austria) - New Delhi (India) - Austrian Airline
New Delhi - Frankfurt(Germany) - Dusseldof (Germany) - New Delhi(India) - Lufthansa

While everything went fine and my travel from US to India was uneventful.
The problem came when I went to airport for catching my return flight. At the checkin counter I got a shock as airline was not allowing me to fly as they informed me that
I need an intransit visa. As I live in Indianapolis I had made further travel plan from Chicago to Indianapolis like booking the hotel and car based on this return date.

Now I contacted onetravel and they were not ready to take any responsibility for not informing about this visa requirement at the time I was booking my flight. First I would not
expect to see any itinerary that involves a visa when my intention is not visit that country. If at all that was shown, I expect them to show clearly on the details of the flight that it would need a visa. Apart from the mental trauma that I gone through I suffered financially - I had to pay full cost of return ticket ranging in $800 and also I lost money in my hotel/taxi bookings.

I am sad to see the irresponsibleness of the company.

"Company is making fake bookings for rooms not even available then not notifying customers that they have no reservation.

Completed by booking on Onetravel.com for a reservation for 2 nights w/ car rental. Received confirmation booking, then a week later get notified my card could not be charged so the hotel portion wasn't booked? Not sure why the card would be declined, let alone why just the hotel portion would be cancelled and the car rental remained if my card was truly declined (which I knew it wasn't). Then I asked why I couldn't just provide my card information again and he stated I would need to rebook online and he would cancel my car reservation, but there was a penalty which of course sounded ridiculous so I asked if my card was declined how would I be penalized and charged? He then agreed and cancelled it so I could rebook without a fee after I argued with him. I re-booked my reservation, received my confirmation email, etc. and decided to do some checking on the car rental just to be sure since I was skeptical of Onetravel.com at this point. The car rental agency then indicated the car reservation was around $15 more than what my confirmation from Onetravel said even though the terms & conditions for one travel said it included taxes and fees (just not extras - which I didn't have). So I emailed onetravel asking them why this was, and they responded several days later with a generic email cancelling my car reservation portion of the reservation only. Nothing else, no inquiry as to if that is what I wanted or anything. Okay fine, I would rather book it myself at this point since I am done dealing with onetravel as they have over a 40 minute hold time every single time I call and clearly they cannot communicate via email for my customer service requests. So then today I decide to double check my hotel portion since I had not seen my card charged for the amount of the hotel yet which I found odd and sure enough after waiting for 45 minutes they inform me the reservation was cancelled because my card could not be charged. I asked for the code that was returned on the card declination and then after speaking with a supervisor (Carl) he indicated the real reason was because the hotel was overbooked and the hotel wouldn't honor the price that onetravel had on my booking confirmation so they cancelled it and just said "your card wasn't charged what's the problem?" The problem is, it is now 2 weeks later and I have no reservation, they didn't notify me, and now the prices are double or triple as the date is quickly approaching for my trip. I was trying to speak with his manager, but when he said his manager's name was Rufus Taco, I knew it was going to be impossible to get any type of service from this company as he was full of it. So not only did they not notify me I had no reservation, they are still, TODAY, listing that hotel as available and they have told me the hotel will not honor their prices so they just tell the customer the card cannot be charged. I asked why they were doing this and he then repeated "your card wasn't charged, what's the problem?".

This is absolutely ridiculous. I am glad I have no reservation with them although it is costing me twice as much to book a room now because it is now two weeks later and the prices have shot up, but hoping others don't end up getting to their destination to find out they actually have no reservation after all. Stay far away from this website onetravel.com and their company Wk Travel.

modified review This review was modified by jwhitney1981 on July 08 2014 05:48:13 AM

"My experience with Onetravel was awesome! They were consistently the best deal on my flight from Kansas City to Brownsville. I searched for months before finally making the purchase. Everything was as I expected. Thanks to the low price from Onetravel my daughter and I were able to have more spending money on South Padre Island. "

modified review This review was modified by TaraMurray on June 18 2014 11:47:59 AM

"OneTravel found the best price and did not charge any extra fees for booking. The website was very easy to use, and I found the flight I was looking for very quickly! Other websites have given me trouble, but OneTravel is not one of those sites :)"

modified review This review was modified by morerunes on June 14 2014 12:45:11 AM

"The website is a little tricky as the prices that show are not guaranteed until the reservations have been confirmed, even if it says "3 seats available." Having said that, the customer service department is outstanding and is able to re-book your flights, at the best available rates, with NO CHARGE.
I work in e-commerce and I have to say that OneTravel has one of the best customer service departments I've ever dealt with online!

modified review This review was modified by GBear808 on February 08 2014 06:41:40 AM

"Be aware this seller. I book 3 ticket to Asia this Feb 16 and end up Feb 18 after i book it, its mean after i book and paid them, they changed the date and i called them, they make me to lose money from $2680 to $1750."

modified review This review was modified by 2014travel on February 06 2014 10:44:42 AM

"Do NOT Use OneTravel Unless You are Absolutely Certain

OneTravel has excellent prices, but if you have to cancel or change your itinerary, you can kiss your money goodbye. I bought a round-trip ticket for an excellent price. However, the cancellation fee was the same amount as the cost of the ticket. The change fee was not so bad, and everyone has to pay the difference in cost, but OneTravel has a requirement that you first have to buy another ticket (at a horrible price), before you can apply what is left of your credit. In other words, the credit was useless. I never took the trip. The money I spent was lost, completely. I don't recommend using this company, UNLESS you are 100% certain that you will not change any part of your booking. So, OneTravel has great prices, but if you need to make changes, their fees and penalties and policies will make you wish you had never heard of this company.

FROM ONE TRAVEL: we appreciate you feedback and are sorry you feel this way. Please be advised that we are bonded by the airlines terms and conditions and yes, sometimes to pay a difference ends up being higher than what the ticket cost but its due to the fare inventory available at the moment and the change fee.

RESPONSE: Today your company denied ever hearing of the Airline for which I bought tickets. I bought the tickets on this airline from YOUR company. The airline is GOL in Brasil. Your company sold me GOL tickets, and then claimed to never have heard of the airline. This is a bad faith business practice. Your company also refused to accept a flight on GOL that I found on my own for about FIVE HUNDRED dollars less. I lost all of the money that I spent with your company. There is no excuse for what your company did in this instance, and there are over 150 complaints about OneTravel on consumeraffairs.com, and tons of complaints on other websites as well.

modified review This review was modified by BossaNova2014 on January 09 2014 06:20:44 AM

"I have used this site for 3 international trips and 2 trips in the US and was happy with competitive pricing and customer service up until the last international trip in may. I booked my flight January 1 and my return trip was changed multiple times from Cape Town to Johannesburg (eliminating the connection entirely) several times without my consent or request. I contacted the agency every time and it was fixed. I contacted one travel on the day of my departure to verify my return flight was still from Cape Town and was told everything was in order. 2 weeks later when I arrived at the Cape Town airport the flight had been cancelled and I was unable to get ahold of one travel - I had to repurchase a new ticket in order to make my connecting flight in Johannesburg and as of today (10/19/12) am still awaiting reimbursement on the additional flight I had to purchase. 5 months for a refund is absolutely ridiculous!"

"Worst site Ever. They do have cheap fares which I got lured in. What I didnt expect was it choosing flights for me totally different from the dates I Actually asked for.

I booked on a weekend and didnt get to check booking confirmation back when at work where I sued my work email. turns out it was 3 days different from my specified departure and arrival dates specified! Flight to vegas was $232 for 2 .. To rebook, it cost me ANOTHER $236 additional. DOUBLE! What a rip off. They got their pound of flesh but I will NEVER EVER use them again. and I'll make sure No one else I know uses them. Should have stuck with Expeedia or ORbitz. I never had this problem with them before. Im sure Ontravel would'nt stick around for long. With dissatisfied NEW customers all the time like me preaching how HORRIBLE they are.

"Convenient and easy! Highly competitive prices."

"Onetravel has an extremely easy to use, user-friendly layout. And the customer service is exceptional. (which is not the case at so many other booking sites!) I'll be back again for more tickets soon."

"One travel is legit! I have used this site several times and didn't have any problem! Cheapest ticket I have found so far!"

"I have used Onetravel 2 times now and I have gotten the best prices and the best service both times. I even got a booking fee discount. When I confirmed my flights, everything was correct. I have recommended the site to several of my friends and co-workers. The site is very easy to use, I was able to find flights coming and going that worked with my time schedule. I will definetely be using Onetravel again."

Onetravel / W K Travel is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Onetravel / W K Travel is not a merchant member
Onetravel / W K Travel does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!