One Step AheadCoupons

" Be very cautious in doing business with this organization,
I called Monday October13th to order a costume for my daughter, the agent asked for all of my shipping information then my credit card number, i informed her i needed to know the total cost including shipping, I was then placed on hold long enough to get online place the order which was $10.00 less by the way. I hung up the phone received an order conformation ect... Well today I received notification from my credit monitoring service they had done an inquiry, mind you no permission no social security number etc... The operator had apparently placed my order after i hung up and placed it in their pay later option, Funny since she asked for my credit card number earlier in the conversation, so now i have two costumes coming. I also spoke with a person named Lisa in the credit department who was less than helpful. I will be contacting the FTC in regards to this also, letting Equifax know this business is pulling credit files without authorization, Beware if you give them your Address and name they apparently can pull your credit without your social security number!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by Motorsports on October 16 2014 02:05:34 PM

"My first two orders with this company were bad experiences. Both times I ordered items that appeared 'in stock' on their Web site, and then received a vague 'oversold' email that just told me the product was oversold, no details on refunds or in stock dates. And, in one case, the lack of inventory put my order out of free shipping range (so they conveniently tacked on $9 shipping without notifying me)

I like the concept of their site and it seems like they are reasonably priced. My email to customer service was met with a 'call us' response...sorry, but two strikes and you're out. Clearly inventory control issues at best, bait and switch at worst.

"Great store! Bought baby cubes at the cheapest price i've seen, received package quickly. Shipping prices are reasonable. "

"We've ordered a few times from One Step Ahead, and everything has arrived on time and in perfect condition. "

"I would not use this company at all. I was looking for a bed rail for our child's bed. I found one on the website, which showed a picture of both side with rails. I ordered the item. When it was delivered, it only had one bed rail. I called Customer Service, and they said oh, the print says it is only one bed rail (which it does say). However, none of the pictures showed only one side, which I believe is not appropriate advertising for the consumer. My choices at that point were to either pay shipping to return the one sided bed rail or order the other side. I will not use this company for anything again. The bed rail, which is one of the most expensive we found, is not very sturdy either. I do not recommend this company. Spend your money at a more reputable company like Target or Babys R Us - we will next time."

"Shoppers with APO addresses beware!

I am a US civilian stationed in Germany. These people claim they will ship to APO addresses, but they charge far more than the actual postage to do so. They wanted $10.30 to ship a $30 child-sized costume that can't weigh more than a pound.

Their web site also requires APO shoppers to request a shipping quote, which took two days to receive. They treat us like foreign nationals, which isn't much of a way to support the troops.

Verona, NJ

"Ordered online toddler deluxe tub on 09-09-03, received it in the time specified and in perfect condition. They also honored an online coupon I found on the net. Very satisfied, will definitely shop again."

One Step Ahead is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

One Step Ahead is not a merchant member
One Step Ahead does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!