"Do not conduct business with One Kings Lane! Do not purchase any of their products! I have purchased a few items from them within the past few years. They just lost a customer though. I had ordered a faux hanging plant, what I received in the mail was a bistro table instead. Yep, they screwed up my order and sent me the wrong item. #2 I also ordered a polish stoneware large serving bowl. When I opened up the box, it was completely shattered! Getting a refund from these people is next to impossible. They wanted me to send them photos of the shattered bowl, and the vender may or may not decide to issue a refund. I am appalled with this company. They won't be in business for long. Bad karma!"

"I am not a customer of One Kings Lane and have never purchased from them. All of a sudden they are bombarding me with spam, a couple a day."

"After ordering a rug from OKL and waiting as the delivery date came and went, I spent the subsequent 6 weeks following up to absolutely no avail. Though OKL answered their phones and were cordial to speak with, they had zero control over the merchants intent to ship the product, saying that their only 'protocol' was to 'email' the manufacturer once every three days and hope for the best. They could not call, email more frequently, or extend the process any further than that. Not only that but until I insisted on it, they were not following up with me either on the status. I had to follow up with them, for a total of 6 weeks without any progress at all other then...there was nothing that they could/would do. They did once say, the manufacturer responded and promised a ship date of two weeks (for the second time). This never happened. At the end of week 6 long weeks of me continuing to follow up, OKL sent m a simple email saying they were just going to cancel my order all together. At 9 months pregnant, and this being a rug for the infants room...I was perturbed. I can't physically carry a rug at this point and ordering another online was not on my agenda. Of course I complained. They were again cordial, offering a discount on my next purchase plus free shipping. I had no other recourse and accepted. I decided to purchase a bracelet, what looked to be a beautiful emerald green and gold cuff (a treat). I was actually pretty excited to receive it. It arrived yesterday and to my disappointment but not surprise, the cuff looks like an incredibly cheap and dull version of what was depicted on their site. It's awful (dare I say junk), nowhere near the value, quality, or attractiveness they claimed it was worth. The 'emerald green colour' was more of a pasty white with a tinge of green' and it's not returnable (I can see why). What a shame. I will never order from this company again. Never. It was a complete waste of money, time and energy. "

modified review This review was modified by lbarber on April 29 2014 06:39:22 AM

"I am sad to report that One Kings Lane has some major problems in packaging, customer service, and pricing.
Packaging/Customer Service: Several items have arrived broken (only the ones in One Kings Lane boxes). There was a period I received 5...FIVE broken items. IN.A.ROW. Customer Service did not care. They didn't apologize or take ownership a single time. You're told to look for an email from them and to send pictures as proof. They then respond telling you someone will "investigate" and follow up. They never did follow up, but I ended up with a refund. Guess that's ok.
Pricing: I bought a pair of lamps from One Kings Lane for over $200 dollars. I love the lamps, they arrived just fine and are good quality, HOWEVER, I found the same pair of lamps on Overstock for $70 less.
Based on pricing, advertising, and marketing, One Kings Lane wants to have an upscale approach to their home offerings, and I respect that. My advice to OKL would be this; upscale is a feeling, not a price. In order to be upscale you have to deliver a much higher standard of service quality to your customer than what you offer today. Refusing to provide service excellence eliminates your shot of ever being upscale. Your status will remain where it is today, expensive.

"Just ordered a beautiful Vintage Hereme's Scarf for a gift for a 60th Birthday for my dearest friend ! It was the PERFECT gift with so much meaning and I know she will think of me whenever she wears it! The site works well and functions GREAT but the shipping for a scarf was $23.95!!! That is CRAZY!!! Just outrageous for regular shipping. That may keep me from buying again - if it wasn't for the truly one of a kind item - and the special occassion - I would not have paid that price to ship a piece of thin silk. Refine your shipping!!!"

rcp

"This is a bait and switch company that lures the user into giving them an email address in order to get price quotes and then sends repeated email solicitations (SPAM) without acknowledging unsubscribe requests. I am on my second month trying to get off of their list."

One Kings Lane is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

One Kings Lane is not a merchant member
One Kings Lane does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!