On-Disk.com Reviews - on-disk.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 3 reviews

On-Disk.com is not a merchant member
On-Disk.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Been over 90 days,order still pending.We were told on the site that bad weather had everything behind,so I gave the guy a break.
After a while and a few emails,no answers.Contacted PayPay but over 45 days so no can do.But still wanted to know the situation.
I told them but no response from PayPay either.
My 3rd. order from this guy,each time problem,should have known better.I like what he offers but for the service he should be put out of business.

modified review This review was modified by dalemills1944 on April 08 2014 09:54:31 AM

"I ordered a bootable Linux usb from on-disk on 2/10/14. While the company immediately charged my PayPal account, the item was never received and still shows as "pending".

On-Disk has ignored the 2 messages I have submitted via their web site and the matter is now under investigation with PayPal.

modified review This review was modified by Zahner on March 10 2014 08:07:02 PM

"Ubuntu is by far my favorite Linux distribution. However, the free disks they ship are of such poor quality that I no longer trust using them for installation. Instead, I have come to rely on the custom disk vendors, which include 3 official Ubuntu distributors in the U.S.

One of these distributors sells the deficient Ubuntu disks alongside their own disks, causing me to question their commitment to quality. The second vendor sells the deficient Ubuntu disks at a high price. In addition, the disks supplied by these vendors are in cardboard envelopes, which are prone to scratch the disks, which usually arrive scratched, often resulting in read errors.

Then, there's On-Disk.com. Their prices are very reasonable and they ship Ubuntu releases on Verbatim CD-R media, which has a limited lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. The disks are in a great holder which not only won't scratch the disk, but cleverly protects it from dust. Ordering is easy and their site uses very secure technology. Their communication after the order is very good and orders are well packaged.

There are also several unofficial Ubuntu distributors that ship cheap product at cheap prices. I have ordered from some of them with unsatisfactory results.

In summary, if you wish to install the Ubuntu Linux distribution or any other open source software, I recommend On-Disk.com very highly. Spend the extra couple of dollars to get installation media from them that you know is going to be reliable!