Stores > Omaha Steaks

Customer service: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
2017-02-19

Don't waste your money!

"Everything I've tried so far from my order has had an issue with it.
First order was wrong. Should've taken that as a sign. Replacement took 10 days.
The bratwurst is so salty I couldn't even eat it.
Steaks are very tough. It's terrible. They've got so much gristle in them that you end up throwing half the steak away.
The packaging is awful. Frozen meat comes with holes in the plastic packaging. How sanitary is that?
The BEST part? The bison tips I opened for dinner tonight had a long, human hair wrapped tightly around one of the pieces of meat. Absolutely unacceptable!
I will never order from here again.

This review was modified by LindsayK824 on February 19 2017 07:00:01 PM

2017-02-19

bad advertising

"Nothing that I received as a gift looks like anything resembling the pictures you see on tv. Just look at the actual steaks or burgers. They don't come close to looking like they show on tv. Bad choice for a gift and will never buy for anyone....."

This review was modified by tequesta2 on February 19 2017 04:15:01 AM

2017-02-13

not looking a gift horse in the mouth

"I have been getting a gift package from well intention-ed parents for many year now. Each time the package arrives the contents changed and we are less impressed. There used to be some free gifts like a pepper grinder, or knifes. There used to be better sides too. It seems that Omaha Steaks cuts on the contents now. In fact the last order did not have the steak fries that were listed on the order form. I called the 800 number and was on hold for so long - multiple times over 5 minutes this past December. Could not even complain about the missing steak fries. Could not get through. Can not leave a message. I gave up and hung up. Also be advised that they advertise their burger to look like a home made chuck burger - all plumb and roundish. What you get is a fast food stamped beef patty. Taste is good - plenty of run-off. Would like tell them to make it special - not just tell me that someone thinks I'm special in the gift message. I just cant say stop sending me the packages......"

This review was modified by bsbrad94 on February 13 2017 03:45:01 PM

2017-02-01

salmon patties with milk and sawdust

"factory food. look at ingredients. sick for a day. terrible."

This review was modified by johnq3 on February 01 2017 07:30:02 AM

2016-12-30

Where's the fish???

"I bought the scallop and crabmeat-stuffed sole. I wasn't impressed with this one at all. The fish was paper-thin and the stuffing was over-salted and there was no real indication of scallops or crab in the mix. I'll finish what I purchased, but won't buy it again."

2016-12-29

Terrible- Christmas present missed

"Ordered from Omaha steaks, expecting quality product as I had heard great things. As a result, my Christmas present recipients stayed expecting as the order was never delivered. Order placed well in advance with their gift box option and all. Nothing. No notification of it getting lost or not on time. Called 3 days after Christmas only to be told that they can resend. This was a Christmas present with expectations that it would be delivered by Christmas. No effoty by customer service to try and make things right for holiday snafu. I will never order from these guys again. Asked for a refund."

This review was modified by CM82 on December 29 2016 04:34:24 PM

2016-12-29

What you see is not what you get

"The ads on TV for Omaha Steak products depict superb, thick, juicy beef filets, burgers, etc., kind'a like a fast-food chain advertises their products. The reality is entirely different. It's called "puffing". In the case of fast-food burgers, what you often actually get is a smushed down object wrapped in a piece of paper. In the case of Omaha Steaks, the burgers that you actually receive look like they have been sliced off one of those stuffed plastic sleeves of commercial pre-packaged hamburger. There is nothing appetizing about the appearance of the actual products received. I can do better at Kroger, Publix and Whole Foods, where what I see is what I get."

This review was modified by Cus-Tomer on December 29 2016 06:26:07 AM

2016-12-23

Ruined Christmas!

"Please do not trust this company with any important event. We received our order for Christmas (in 2 days) and it was missing the lobster tails! The only reason we bought it in the first place. I was told they couldn't get them to us by Christmas and offered no recourse unless we wanted to wait to celebrate Christmas on the 29th! Very disappointed and now I must run off to the busy grocery store (what I was trying to avoid) to try and salvage Christmas dinner!"

2016-12-20

Christmas down the drain

"I put in an order and was missing 1 item. Had to wait another week to receive the replacement. Messed up my Christmas gathering. They tried to make it right with a $40 gift card. Decided to take the $40 gift card and use it with a new order and use up my rewards. After that I am closing my account. Such a shame as I was a long time customer. Food is excellent but the service is horrible."

This review was modified by jwall111571 on December 20 2016 09:41:47 PM

2016-12-05

Make Them send replacement

"I placed a 275.00 order for Christmas . When I received it , it was short 4 chicken breasts. They asked if I wanted it to be reshipped and trying to be nice said no. Send me a Refund. WELL there lies the problem 5-6 weeks before they issue the check.. Great customer service isn't it.

POOR POOR too many retailers selling custom steaks to put up with that crap. If you have to order from them so be it but their are other options. Did not get any satisfaction over a $12.35 check. That's ridiculous.

2016-12-04

Won't Honor their "Unconditional Guarantee"

"Ordered a product on Cyber Monday deal. They claim it shipped on time. Received it finally with no dry ice and product was malleable (ie not frozen). Called in to customer service and they refused to honor their guarantee, claiming that UPS is not required to ring doorbells or knock on doors and let you know which entrance to your house they have dropped at.

Omaha Steaks is a TOTAL SCAM!

This review was modified by CBoomer on December 04 2016 09:57:44 AM

2016-11-16

Small portions for a big price

"The portions were small for the price paid. I have to say the quality of the products were good. But I probably could have bought locally for a way cheaper price."

This review was modified by VanessaAJ66 on November 16 2016 12:55:08 PM

2016-10-27

Disappointed!!

"I heard good things about Omaha Steaks so decided to order. The filets were fatty and full of grissle or something. I advised the company and they immediately replaced the steak; however those were just as bad so I have to figure all the steak is bad. Only bout half was able to be eaten. Also purchased beef wellington at a pretty substantial price and they were horrible. The way they say to heat, the meat overcooked and the mushroom pate was awful. Will not order from Omaha again."

This review was modified by jstuc on October 27 2016 02:48:13 PM

2016-09-20

Our Groupon/Omaha Steaks "EXPERIENCE"

"ACTUAL CORRESPONDENCE from Groupon concerning Omaha Steaks and REFUND of SAME!
Zeeshan P, Sep 19, 7:33 AM CDT:
Hi Ron,
I am truly sorry to hear about the experience you had redeeming this Groupon. We're always working to make sure every deal is unique, fun, and a great value. I sincerely apologize that we haven't delivered in this case. Zeeshan....It wasn't your fault or Groupon's Fault the Omaha products weren't up to our liking. We have been Happy with Groupon also other than the CHEAP shorts I ordered and HAD to send back.
To help make up for the trouble, I just issued you a full refund and removed this Groupon from your account. Please allow up to 10 business days for this to be reflected on your statement. I thank you for removing this from our account and crediting our Visa back for the purchase price of $59.99 too.
I hope this helps to right the situation. We love having you as a customer and want you to continue to love using Groupon. Your feedback is appreciated and will help us to determine the types of deals we run in the future. We also address these kinds of issues with the business directly to ensure they don't happen again. We WILL continue using Groupon as we've been 95% Happy so far.
Thank you again for reaching out to us. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Thanks again for reaching out and solving this problem WE had with Omaha...NOT Groupon.
Ron B.
Cape Coral, Fl.
Regards,
Zeeshan P
Groupon Customer Support

This review was modified by RonBrandich on September 20 2016 06:34:26 AM

2016-07-29

VERY disappointing/ Customer service is a nightmare

"The steaks are OK but I'm not sure if they're worth the price. I've ordered a few times and had problems at least twice. Customer service does NOT care about your opinion, or if you are happy...once they have your money THEY DON'T CARE..they did replace items I didn't receive but when I asked for something because the didn't represent themselves honestly and when I told them I was very disappointed, they tuned me out. For the money they charge they could at least be sympathetic. "

This review was modified by MarthaCR on July 29 2016 02:29:36 PM

Share Omaha Steaks's store rating

Omaha Steaks is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Omaha Steaks is not a merchant member
Omaha Steaks does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!