Stores > Omaha Steaks

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-02-08

Classic Bait and Switch!!

"Received a letter from Omaha Steaks touting free shipping. I attempted to order three items, and BAIT and SWITCH...it's now 12.99 for shipping...I contacted with online and spoke (typed)with a "William" at 5:04 pacific time. Showed no customer service skills at all...he did at my request remove me from their mailing lists (I hope)...Can't stand companies who do things like this...buy from Kansas City Steaks! They at least honor their offers..."

This review was modified by nichoj19 on February 08 2016 05:46:27 PM

2015-12-29

"I ordered Christmas gifts through Omaha Steaks gifts packages on 12/13/15, it's 12/29 and the gifts have yet to arrive. We spoke with a manager and she told us there was nothing they could do about it and we should have ordered it online instead of in the store. That's ridiculous! The Associates in the Amherst NY Store are 1st class, but I can't say that for the bumbling of my Christmas gifts by corporate. We spent good money with this franchise, but this love affair is over. They didn't deliver for me!!!"

2015-11-02

"did not get my food, was shipped to the wrong address buy paypal confirmed the address"

2015-09-08

"I bought steaks,hambugers,and the potatoes,everthing was horrible,i would never order from them again,filets.top sirloin,and strip,awful,cooked stuffed potatoe according to directions,top almost got burnt,coverd with foil cooked 10 minutes longer potaoe still was not cooked it was hard,
never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! again waste of money Costco,s 100 times better

2015-02-05

"We receive a gift certificate yearly from a friend, very pricey merchandise. Fortunately we live near an Omaha Steaks store, so no shipping fee. They are very heavy handed on pepper for the steak fries and chicken fried steaks. I cannot find a way to leave feedback on their website. I don't know how all the feedback posted on their website is positive. "

This review was modified by Lambstudio on February 05 2015 11:34:26 AM

2015-02-02

"Thanks for your reviews. I will pass on this. Too much completion that's way better for the price. "

2014-10-19

"I myself would never buy Omaha Steaks again. I had an order of steaks that were never delivered. I called Omaha and they sent replacement steaks out - typical good customer service. However, I am now blackballed with Omaha as now they will not guarantee delivery any future order of the steaks. If the shipper does not get them to me, then I am out of luck. It does not help to contact UPS as the contract to ship is between Omaha and UPS. They say it is because of repeated issues with me as a customer... 1 issue ... 1 strike and you are out!!!!"

This review was modified by dream_cowboy on October 19 2014 10:05:44 AM

2014-06-16

"Omaha Steaks is a big rip off. They have a 100% guarantee on there site but they will not honor it. My father did not receive his fathers day gift and I am out $80 or so with nothing to show. I'm done with Omaha Steaks."

This review was modified by wolfpk31 on June 16 2014 07:21:39 AM

2013-12-22

"Ordered online while they had a free gift promotion of a few burgers going on. I received my order 4-5 days later and my package was missing items from my order and the free gift. I called customer support and they offered me a 10$ gift card. I was rather insulted as it wouldn't even hardly cover the cost of shipping on re-ordering those items. Also my online invoice at their website went *poof* I had to dig through my email confirmations to double check the order.
I suggest staying away from this company. It's pricey and has terrible customer support. For the price you pay they should be bending over backwards for their customers making sure they are satisfied instead of treating them so poorly.

This review was modified by af1968 on December 22 2013 09:19:43 AM

2013-06-21

"Please do NOT give a gift from Omaha Steaks to anyone. My wife got me a "Special Package" from Groupon for $55. I immediately asked her to cancel the Groupon. Unfortunately she bought it more than 7 days ago so we were stuck with it. They said we could give it to someone else but I wouldn't do that to a friend or family.

Since we were stuck with it I called to place an order. Well the $55 was basically just a store credit towards an order. If I ordered the lowest price package I would have had to pay $18 shipping, but ... "If you order the $99 package shipping is free!" Rather than waste $18 for shipping I paid the extra $44 since it was more than twice the steak.

Most of the $55 "Special Package" was hot dogs and burgers. Really? Whoa wants to pay $73 for two steaks and some hot dogs and hamburgers.

2013-05-24

"Horrible company and customer service!

I placed an order with them from a voucher I purchased through Living Social. I received an order confirmation email, but after a week, still no product. I checked my order status on their website and it stated "cancelled!?!" I emailed Omaha to find out why, and they wouldn't give me an answer.

Horrible, stay away from Omaha Steaks!

This review was modified by dancergrrrl3 on May 24 2013 10:08:48 AM

2013-02-19

"This is the GREATEST meat ever. I would suggest this to anyone who loves a great steak. I also love their chicken, hamburgers and hotdogs. I wouldn't suggest their fish but that is the only thing I've had from them I didn't like. Everything else has been wonderful. The best thing about their products is you don't have to thaw them before cooking so if you forget to take something out in the morning before work you still have a good dinner after work. Great company Go get your awesome meat!!"

2012-05-06

"I THOUGHT I was buying the "Turf and Tails' deal of 4 Filets and 4 Tails that should have been worth >$120.00 for $65. via AmazonLocal. Amazon Local charged my CC for $65. back in Feb. I couldn't find the eMail Confirmation in my eMail until tonite [6 May]- My Bad. Luckly, the 'deal' exp. 30 May-so I'm GOOD (so i Thought).
I logged on found the deal, put in the code and I STILL OWE $59.90 WHAT? So i call. Turns out they are saying the Amazon deal was a Bait and Switch for a $65. 'deal' that you get buy just logging on!!!!! Sunday night the customer service office is closed and anyway they want me to go to Amazon for the money back.....

2012-02-16

"Do not order from Omaha Steaks – you'll be immediately bombarded with telemarketing calls from them, (while you're at work) trying to get you to buy more. It's absolutely ridiculous. Have you ever heard of any reputable company employing such practices? It's tacky, it's harassment, and it's an invasion of my privacy to use my phone number in this way."

2012-01-25

"Received an pack order before Christmas. Strip steaks were good but small, the sirloins were not very good and small, beef franks were average and beef pattis about what as what you get from Costco for much less. As with all Omaha Steak packages, it was advertised at a big discount but in reality even their discount prices are absolute financial rape! Extremely overpriced for what you get. I looked at some other packages on their website recently and seen a pack of something like a total of 48oz. of strip steak for over $80....that's over $25 a pound for something you can get at your local high end butcher shop for less than half the price! My order was puny for what I paid for and I won't use them again. If you are lazy and can't pick up your own meat with other groceries, you might at least pick up a jar of Vasoline and lube up before order from Omaha Steaks because you will get financially raped by them."

Share Omaha Steaks's store rating

Omaha Steaks is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Omaha Steaks is not a merchant member
Omaha Steaks does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!