Stores > Omaha Steaks

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.75/10 2.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.75/10 4.75/10
Voice your opinion! Review Omaha Steaks by clicking a star below.
2017-10-16

Crock pot meals

"Tried to put a review on Omaha’s site but no place to do it. So disappointed in the crock pot meals. Overpriced and very small portions to feed 4. Everything frozen separately so you have to open each little packet, which is messy and then put other ingredients back in freezer to add 1 hour before done to cook them, then you have to microwave rice. Not worth anywhere near the ridiculous price they charge. "

2017-10-13

They just get worse

"Hadn't ordered from them for a few years. A "sale" on Good Morning America got me to try something they call "skillet meals". In today's world of grass fed and organic foods, this company just keeps on marketing and selling products that seem to get worse and worse.
I can't figure out why, but the end must be coming if they are willing to put their name on these awful and way overpriced frozen offerings that feature little meat or chicken protein, lots of sugar and salt, and clearly very processed and unhealthy garbage.
Shame on them and shame on me for buying this nasty stuff. Go to your local takeout or even the freezer section of your grocery store and you will surely find better.

2017-09-14

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL ALL AROUND

"OMAHA STEAKS
Letting everyone know
!!!!! WATCH OUT !!!!!
I placed an order they billed ME at my right address and sent it to my old address from over 7 years ago.and it's my fault I didn't ch5the ship to address. THEY HAD MY RIGHT ADDRESS TO TAKE MY MONEY. And they
will !!! NOT !!! Send a replacement order they offered me a 50% discount to reorder Lol yah I'm going to pay you again for something I already paid for. Amen as I was talking to a MANAGER , after talking to a phone operator
I COULD HEAR SOMEONE LAUGHING, very professional , I'VE NEVER BEEN TREATED LIKE THAT FROM ANY BUSINESS BEFORE. I will NEVER ORDER from
!!!!!! OMAHA STEAKS !!!!!
again.
PLEASE PASS THIS ON
To let everyone know how they care about there CUSTOMERS.

2017-07-07

****! Save your $$$

"I've read of Omaha Steaks in advertisements and my first experience was with a gift certificate plus I added ± $40 to that. The label said "Filet Mignon" but there is NO WAY that POS was a filet mignon with white tendons (not marbled) throughout.

I cooked it medium rare (as a filet should be) and it was tough as hell. I was going to give my remnants to my dog, but I respect her enough to not do that **** to her.

Seriously, I think the business is run by the kids now. I've heard it take a generation and a half to kill a business because the first generation built it and respected their work but then the kids move into it when the "old man" is done and all they think about is profit and run the place into the ground.

My first experience and all I can say is RUN ! Never will I do this, or refer this site again!

2017-07-05

worse steaks ever

"I received a gift package and have purchased before. The steaks were tougher than shoe leather and the hamburgers were at least 40% fat, terrible terrible and more terrible. Please don't send these gifts to anyone, I feel embarassed to tell my family.

2017-06-30

Like your steaks

"Went to the Willow Grove, PA store after receiving a Happy Hour card which states you were to come between 3 - 6 pm "Happy Hour". Was in the store at 3:00 p.m. and the gentleman in front of us received the last set of pub glasses which were the display glasses. We were told by an employee of the store you didn't receive a large supply and that they were giving them out during the regular store hours. Really. Why bother putting a time on the card. Just glasses, but it is the principal. Tell you I don't know that your promotions are to be believed. Very dissatisfied customer. Over a set of glasses, yes...

2017-06-16

They sent wrong item

"I ordered a Father's Day gift item and was sent the completely wrong thing that is more expensive. I called and was told nothing could be done since they sent an e-mail and I did not contact them then. Not only that, I was told if you continue shopping sometimes when you go back to your cart the item may have changed! REALLY!?! How does that happen?!? I do not have a chance to check my e-mail often because of work schedule so I guess I am stuck with what I got. I will not order from Omaha Steaks again."

2017-06-15

Omaha Steaks isn't they used to be!

"Used to buy Omaha Steaks for my parents, 20 + y rs. ago. Last Christmas '16, I received a "gift package" from my nephew. The
"potatoes au gratin" were a joke, shredded potato balls, in bread crumbs. and they had an awful taste. Burger's were awful also, so I'm am telling relatives, no more gifts from Omaha Steaks. I live in Orange County, NY and I have a few places where I can get all natural "fresh" beef, pork and lamb!

2017-05-16

Leaky packages and bad customer service

"I have called twice now to complain about packaged being thawed in the refrigerator and leaking blood into my fridge. The last time i called they said they would be willing to replace my steak tips and instead i aked for a refund. Well it still hasnt come bc they have to mail by check. So today when I called about my leaky hamburgers and soggy potatoes the man was very rude and acted as if it was my fault they were leaking in the fridge aND refused to send a replacement. Instead he is refunding me another check that will take who knows how long To arrive and I'll have To make an unwanted Trip across town to the bank. Rediculous! He said since they refunded last time, he would not replace them! I will never waste money on their over priced crappy food again! "

2017-05-15

Beef Short Ribs

"Very Very fatty, 2 of the pieces of the meat had fat almost wrapped around it. Also cooked it for over 7 hours and it never come out tender. VERY TOUGH meat. Waste of good money."

2017-05-13

What happened to Omaha Steaks?

"Received a variety pack as a gift. I believe the givers would be disappointed to know the poor quality of this gift. Cost was around $100 --and of course the company claims the value to be almost twice that amount. I would not have paid even $40. I must say though, that I contacted customer service to track the delivery date. The associate that assisted me was beyond professional and helpful! "

2017-05-07

Omaha Steaks -- Getting Worse as They Expand Product Line and Advertise on TV

"This is a review I posted on Amazon -- could not find a place to review on Omaha site. It parallels reviews read on this site which seem to average between 1.0 and less than 2.0. Skewed to high side as reviewers must give at least one star to be able to post.
I actually bought directly from Omaha online. Customer service people were polite and professional but they can't fix bad products and corporate business models. I'm posting a review here because Omaha shows "testimonials" but I could not find a place to review. Unless I missed it, it appears they do not want any reviews. The Simons, who own Omaha , should be ashamed of themselves. The meatloaf, which looks nothing like the pictures on their website is bland and average at best. I could taste no onion or garlic and the meat looks like it was ground in a blender and has the consistency of liver or baloney. Not somewhat chunky as shown in pictures on the site. Onion is probably powdered. Make your own at 1/3 the cost. Convenience is good but not at the sacrifice of quality.
Steakburgers are also not as pictured. They are very thin and cook up tough -- again no chunkiness. I bought new crockpot meals and tried Beef Stroganoff which is average and about like supermarket frozen dinners. Have not tried stews and other meals.
Filet mignons still pretty good but should be at over $30/pound plus shipping. Warehouse stores like Costco better at about $18/pound. I would only buy Omaha original filet mignons to send as a gift which is what they built their business on. What is not to like about a "case of steaks" free, but way overpriced for the sender. Convenience at a price , perhaps OK for corporate customers.
And then there is their deceptive advertising and emails. They advertise discounts on entire cart but then when you try to use, customer service will tell you it doesn't apply to your selection.
I was a long time customer at the corporate level sending gifts to employees and for personal use but no more. The Simon kids are running ancestors' business into the ground. But then again their reduced quality and sharp business practices may be working for them financially.

2017-05-03

Excellent service.

"All orders always arrive in good order, and in a timely manner. Additionally, they are very competent on the phone. Everyone with whom I have spoken a Omaha Steaks has been very helpful, and well-familiar with their products. I highly recommend Omaha Steaks."

2017-05-01

Awful service.

"Ordered and everything was spoiled due to having an incorrect delivery address. Called them and they said it was our fault that we put the wrong address in there the delivery. Offered no help whatsoever pretty much too bad so sad."

2017-04-28

Beware

"If you order over the phone for a special seen on tv like I did - be Very careful and listen and ask Omaha to read back order and all prices and shipping and total. I felt like I was extremely manipulated by the wording and was charged more with no way to prove my side. Will never do business again do not trust Omaha Steaks"

Share Omaha Steaks's store rating

Omaha Steaks is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Omaha Steaks is not a merchant member
Omaha Steaks does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!