• Old Will Knott Old Will Knott Scales Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.78/10 7.78/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10

2015-07-18

"I red about this product on the net, I am into reloading and this came highly recommended. I bought the gem pro 500, didn't open it, put it on the shelf until more of my reloading supplies came in. Finally ready to get going, plugged the unit in a day ahead for warm up as recommended by users. When i turned it on it would count down then show" err 0" this is not shown in the manual or trouble shooting sheet. Tried calibration, took all steps as indictated by both, didn't work. Called Old Will Knott and quess what I was 4 days past the 30 day limit. Remember this is a BRAND NEW out of the box unit, I got the, Old Will Not, cover it story and said I would have to send it to the manufacturer for a replacement. This cost me about $20.00 not a lot but for a brand new never been used unit it might as well been $2000.00. As a side note I believe these DOA units are quite common, the people that helped me were not the least bit surprised and the web site lists DOA's first on the return, what to do if, section. ADVICE if you buy one of these plug it in and try it out the first day you get it. By the way, Amber, who assisted me on the phone at Old Will was very kind and helpful I could not ask another thing from her."

Rep reply posted Jul-22-2015

Old Will, Old Will Knott Scales rep has responded

“Good morning Matt,

I feel bad that you weren't able to try your scale about before 30 days had passed, and that you had to spend $20 to ship your scale to the manufacturer (seems to me like somebody took you to the cleaners on that).
We do deal with a lot of DOA units in our line of business, Matt. That's just part of dealing with super delicate instruments (like yours, that weighs stuff that's so tiny you can hardly see it). But usually folks let us know about a DOA before 30 days is up, so that we can take care of it for them, instead of dealing with the manufacturer.
I sure think that's some good advice you gave folks when you said "if you buy one of these plug it in and try it out the first day you get it".
If you run into any problems with your replacement, or have any questions at all, just give us a shout, okay? We're here to help.”

2015-07-06

"I paid for 2 day shipping only to receive the wrong scale. Customer service (Brandon) could care less and will not expedite the shipping for the right scale when I return the wrong one.

CORRECTION: Customer service sent out the right scale 2 day shipping, and was very courteous in making things right. WILL do business again in the future. Thank you for your prompt and courteous reply."

Rep reply posted Jul-07-2015

Old Will, Old Will Knott Scales rep has responded

“Good morning Andrew,

Well, I have to agree with you that this mistake on our part was poorly handled. We certainly should have done (and usually do) what we did immediately after I read your review by correcting the mistake and sending you the correct scale out via FedEx 2 Day. I'm really truly sorry that our mistake wasn't handled as we've taught our customer service folks to handle situations like this. I'm not yet clear why it wasn't, but I can assure you that I've talked with all of our guys to again make sure they know how to handle this type of situation in the future.
As for the original 2 Day shipping, you ordered at 3:47 pm on Wednesday, well after our 2:00 pm cutoff. We shipped Thursday and your order was delivered on Monday, in 2 business days as promised (order was shipped over the FedEx July 4th holiday weekend). But of course that in no way makes up for the fact that we shipped the wrong dang product, and then botched the handling of our mistake.
Apologies again, Andrew, and I truly hope to see you back so that we can prove how we usually go about our business!

Sincerely,
Will Knott”

2015-06-24

"I needed a weight scale to monitor my weight loss progress. I searched online and found Old Will Knott Scales. I was so pleased with what they offered that I purchased two of their scales. One, the Health o meter 142KL, a great analog scale; and the second, a food scale, the Salter 021 which is the perfect size for measuring food portions. The delivery was spot on! I received my items in two days time. Old Will Knott offers an amazing array of scales for many purposes. I also needed a formal receipt of the weight scale for medical supply records and Rachel, in Customer Service, handled my request with prompt dispatch by email. I recommend their site to anyone who needs a scale and I will use them again in the future."

2015-06-24

"Excellent customer support! Called about 4 years old scale with a fluctuation problem with no real expectation of any help and received excellent help instead. What a treat! I was informed that the scale I bought has a 30 year manufacturer warranty and instead of me resurrecting my archived receipts, Rachel of Old Will Knots found and send me a copy of the invoice and a warranty card with shipping address to send in my scale for repair or replacement!

This an A1+ in my book!

Thank you Old Will Knot and thank you Rachel!

Oliver Braun"

2015-06-19

"My company needed a new scale for quality assurance, replacing an old iBal 201 200gx0.01 with a newer one i found on their site.

Very good customer service, they really want your business. Despite being a new customer, they were willing to give me a price match versus Amazon's 83.92 for the same scale.

I contacted their customer support line and asked about the scale's specifications and if they did Price matching like Walmart or Bestbuy does. I was required to provide an advertisement or source of the price i declared.

I emailed a Brandon that spoke to me on the phone the amazon link and he very promptly asked his boss if this would be possible. I was given the same item price but with free shipping, so it was actually cheaper buying it from them.

They pretty much have a return policy akin to Amazon's. 30 Days, if it's not used/opened, and returnable/exchangeable if damaged or dead on arrival.

Great retailer"

2015-06-13

"Very good service. Item out of stock, but they called and emailed me offering a replacement product. I called to validate and was impressed by the customer service. So much so, I am wanting to order another set of scales, but will wait until I actually get the product, and use it. "

2015-06-06

"When I ordered a KD 700 for Old Will Knott, I didn't care much about brand name, or cuteness, just wanted something that worked the way it was supposed to. Previously, I had a light, thin, national brand scale that was adequate. It only lasted a few months and(in spite of the advertising) was never accurate to less than three grams. Before there was a considerable wait time; while the scale decided whether it liked the current readout. Surprise!!! It usually didn't. Oh yes, the old one read two grams heavy to start with. The main benefit of the old one is that it shows me just how good this one is. The KD 7000 scale is impressive. Of course, there has not been time for durability rating, but there has been no problem. All good scales are delicate, so don't be banging it around or maxing out the weight limit. But this is a scale that is easy to hold securely and stays where you put it. Small ones aren't like that. It has a countertop footprint not that different from the "cute" ones and is not at all heavy. In use, it is very quick and easy and reads to 1 gram(accurate to 1/2 gram) the way it should. No guessing whether the scale is happy, yet. I bake a lot of bread, so there is a lot of fine powder to get out of control. The flip-up lid is very convenient and makes clean up a snap. There are few to no seams on this one, but that stuff gets in everything. The platform comes off if things get sticky. This scale has more capacity than I really need, but this was the smallest that had a hold button. You never know what you will be weighing next. By the way, all but the smallest measuring tools are now obsolete and prep time is greatly reduced. Wonderful for my back."

2015-06-06

"I ordered My Weigh Triton T3 660 primarily for weighing chemicals for special effects for our haunted house. I was incredibly impressed with the speed and efficiency with which my order was handled and shipped. It was in my hands 4 days after the order was place.

The unit itself is a marvelously compact little scale that immediately found it's way to my kitchen counter. ( I am diabetic and need to weigh and measure my food intake.) I have ordered and received a second scale with the same impressive handling and shipping time.

I highly recommend this little scale. It is accurate, and small enough to slip into my purse. As a bonus, the lid is removable and can double as a tray for weighing stuff. I love my little Triton!

Thank you Old Will Knott!"

2015-06-03

"Scale works just like it should. I like the two cases for storing them safely away. "

2015-05-28

"The vendor I went through was The Digital Scale and how they are affiliated with Old Will, I do not know. I can say my experience overall was terrific. It was a great find and I plan to go back for future purchases. Not only did they have the scale I wanted, when others said it was not available, but also the best price and free shipping to boot! They shipped quickly and I had my purchase in hand in under a week despite ordering late on a Friday. KUDOS! Also, they seem customer focused always inviting the consumer to call with any questions or issues."

2015-05-28

"Thanks will for the scales!!! Awesome shop"

2015-05-23

"ordered Taylor projection scale #7801 and received it in 3 days. Projection did not work. Called and informed them of this and the man I talked to was very nice asked me a few question on the operation of scales and informed me another one would be tested and sent out to me. Received new scale in 3 days and it worked great. Great service and courtesy people at service center"

2015-05-21

"Well packaged. So far it has performed very well"

2015-05-17

"Excellent service. Quick delivery time. Very satisfied. "

2015-05-15

"I have no complaints about the baby scale(Jennings) or the fast delivery of it. I did call customer service today to return.I spoke with Rachel. It is not defective, just not using it. It was 1 wk past the 30 day return policy so they will not let me return for a refund. Seriously? They still make out, they keep a 9% restocking fee and can resell it. I can't believe with all the pkg and the box intact and not used they will not let me return it. This is ridiculous. Not happy. Order from somewhere that give 30-60 days return policy. I just never got around to making this call, until today. "

Share Old Will Knott Scales's store rating

Old Will Knott Scales is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Old Will Knott Scales is a merchant member
Old Will Knott Scales participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,833 merchant members.