Old Bike Barn Reviews - oldbikebarn.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 5.17/10 27 reviews

Old Bike Barn is not a merchant member
Old Bike Barn does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered 4 spark plugs for my XJ750. I got 3 in the mail, and I emailed them asking if they could send the 4th that I ordered. I sent them a picture of what I received and a person responded promptly and they sent another one without any hassle. The initial order was a mistake I'm sure, but major props for the customer service and free extra delivery. So rare in online orders these days."

modified review This review was modified by Zakm on February 04 2014 05:51:45 PM

"Trash.. purchased a few items on a thursday, friday received an email with trouble with transaction, problem solved perhaps..monday was silent..tuesday there were no funds exchanged and so i proceeded to inquire-trouble with payment..hmmm, thinking ' money in the bank, correct information, what the F?"...low and behold, its been five days since transaction was processed, and I didnt hear anything as to any difficulty. When I inquired why THEY HADN'T TAKEN MY $43 FROM MY ACCOUNT, they replied that there was an error..AND SO..we cancelled the order and looked elsewhere.. I cannot wait all this extra time for parts for my bike build.. exactly bullshit and a few people need to be sterilized. Thanks for your time. Hope I can help you make the right decision. "

modified review This review was modified by fuckyoucommayoufuckinidiot on May 22 2013 12:21:54 AM

"These guys are THIEVES! Sold me a part for my bike that was for a lawnmower, or close to it, called numerous times and get a long ass message, did give me an RA # but not a return tag for shipping so I spent the 18$ to ship it back and it's now been returned to me TWICE as it keeps coming back undeliverable. Meanwhile I'm out about $70.00 for a part I have no need for, and apparently the return address is a hoax. DO NOT USE THESE CRIMINALS!"

"I ordered a headlight for my motorcycle from this business and when it arrived two weeks later it was nothing like the photo or description of the product. The quality was extremely poor and it would not fit the bike a all, it was 1" too wide at the mounts and 2" larger around overall, as well as having the wrong wiring harness. Contacted the customer service and after multiple e-mails was given a return authorization. Since the product was not as described I also asked for a refund on the return shipping and was instructed to ship it back via "the cheapest USPS method." I followed all instructions exactly and never heard anything back, never recieved a refund. Contacted the customer service again and was asked for a tracking number because they "do not see it as being received yet." Since I shipped it "the cheapest USPS method" there is no tracking number. I e-mailed a copy of the shipping receipt and and for the next 8 months was told I would receive a check and then would hear nothing back until I again contacted them and the situation would repeat.

After posting this review on Facebook along with similar reviews from others in January of 2012 I was contacted by "bear@oldbikebarn.com" and after 1 week was given store credit for the price of the headlight. I ordered a shop manual and received it a few weeks later.

modified review This review was modified by Tech5457 on February 11 2013 03:31:49 PM

"I don't know much about motorcycles but the guys at Old Bike Barn helped pick out a gift for my biker husband it arrived fast and he was super happy all at a great price. Thanks guys."

"Great election of parts for my Cafe Racer build along with fast and courteous service. I even spoke directly with "Bear" when I had a question on installation. Old Bike Barn Rocks!"

"Old Bike Barn is amazing! I ordered a part that didn't end up fitting, I contacted them and they found the correct part and told me to keep the wrong parts and that they would send me the correct part at NO CHARGE. That is quality service."

"great experience shopping with OBB. They have a really helpful customer service and the delivery process is fast and neat. they also have a vast variety of good quality parts which are easy to find on their user friendly website. Will for sure buy more stuff from them."

"Just want to say "Thank-You" to Jai Molloy. I received a wrong part on my order, but after a quick phone call the problem was corrected. I received the correct part very quickly. Thanks again. Dale "

"Ordered an item awhile back (just now saw this site and thought it worth reporting my experience) and after weeks dragging into months of emails from Bill saying it was on backorder, then eventually no response at all, I investigated their reputation with the BBB, followed by contact with the New York Attorney General. Case # 2009-820833. In the end, the AG wrote: "We have presented your complaint to the company. Unfortunately, despite our repeated efforts to obtain a statement of their position, they have failed to respond. I regret that we will not be able to assist you further..." Previous correspondence from them indicated this was by no means their first complaint regarding this company. Never did get a refund from Old Bike Barn. Wells Fargo took the loss and credited my card. I can only hope that Bill has changed his management policies since my experience."

"Old Bike Barn.com
I ordered a sheepskin gel seat cushion for my Harley. Their web page doesn't tell you if items are in stock or not. They e mailed me back and said it was out of stock, but they had the same thing in the Brand "Royal Riding". I said "OK, if it is exactly the same." When I got it, it WASN'T sheepskin! It was neoprene!!! Easily confused right?!?! It comes in a clear plastic package, and Sheep's wool and neoprene look SO much alike!! Well I called their phone number, which they never answer, and left repeated messages. Sent several E mails that were never replied to. Then checked the Better Business Bureau. UH OH!! Stupid me!! I should have checked there before ordering!! It says they ship out the wrong parts and have terrible customer service! (Imagine that!) I never got a reply from them, so I returned the package and had to contact my credit card company and have them remove the charge. BOTTOM LINE....DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE SORRY!!

"People that write negative reviews are usually negative people themselves. You normally attract what you are alike and you don't give much chance for something positive to happen when you are negative. I ordered (4) carb rebuild kits on Tuesday 1/11/11, got confirmation right away and shipping email the next day. I received my package Today Friday 1/14/11. The part was just as described and I received it practically in less than 3 days. Keep up the good work OBB. To all those negative people out there, I hope 2011 can replace your negativity with positivity and you will see that everything is going to be allright.
Sincerely,
R.Joubert

modified review This review was modified by rjoubert on January 14 2011 10:35:10 AM

"Website listed parts as in stock. Received confirmation of order (and was charged for Priority shipping), but after waiting for a week, still no order. I called customer service and was told the parts were on back order. I finally received the parts 3 days later but they were the wrong parts."

Rating 8/104/5

"I have ordered a double lead ignition coil from old bike barn and i am awaiting the arrival of said item which i know will come.As i have ordered a throttle pull and push cable and recieved them before.I SEE THAT THERE IS A LOT OF NEGATIVE THREADS ON A SITE OLD BIKE BARN GETS A BASHING i think people let there frustrations get the better of them sometimes.All i can say is that i have not had any bad experiences with old bike barn as of yet for the past 3 years and still will do business with them.Hope they keep up the good work as the old saying goes "

"Placed an on-line order on 21 Dec. 2009. Initial contact w/ OBB.com was via e-mail on 28 Dec. requesting status of my order. Since then, it has been nothing but "ring around the may-pole" with these guys. Family ran business -- much like -- the James boys or the Clantons. Kept telling me that the sprockets were ordered and that the manufacturer kept forgetting to put them in the shipment. Finally on Feb. 19th they shipped the chain with a promise to refund the $$ for the sprockets and the chain since they screwed my order up so badly. Patience is a virture, but not with these guys. It is now approaching 3-months since I ordered with them and I have the chain and am still working a refund for the sprockets they probably never had or intended to expend any energy getting. Please investigate these guys before you order through them! I will never do business with them again!"