Stores > Office Depot

• Office Depot

Product & services pricing Rating 2.86/10 2.86/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"This has been the worst experience from an online retailer. I ordered a Honeywell Thermostat on Officedepot.com because they had it a really low price. The order status was in processing for more than week. When I contacted customer service I was told this is a special order and it would take 7-10 business days as it is shipped from the vendor. Subsequently I was informed by one of their "virtual warehouse specialist" that my order was shipped and provided a UPS tracking number. Still no change in order status and no tracking info for the tracking number provided. I contacted them again after another 5 days when I was told that my order was cancelled by their system due to lack of inventory and the low price on my order. They still had this item in stock on their website although at the full price. They made me wait for 10 days informing me that my order is on its only to cancel it eventually. It seems their inventory system and their customer service are totally disconnected and incompetent. Needless to say I would not be shopping at Officedepot.com "

"Make absolutely sure that you need what you get. Returning, or exchanging in my case, is not easy here. I bought a bunch of toner cartridges for a printer that died too soon. When I went to exchange the remaining toner cartridges for ones that fit the new printer, they wanted receipts, even though I had bought them on their site with stickers clearly identifying the product as ones bought from them. Not shopping here again."

"Over a month and my order is still in processing! So I called to see what was going on, And they were really rude to me and they did not help me at all! So I am just going to get my money back now! I am never doing business with this company again!"

"Worst experience getting furniture delivered. This is the 1st time I have ever had office Depot deliver to me. An order of 2 chairs were to be delivered on Sep 1st. I received just one delivery on Sep 3rd. The other chair is yet to be delivered, today being Sep 11th. The customer service as well as the store manager has no information on when it will be delivered. All I hear is "they should have contacted you or they should have sent you an email." Whereas there has been no communication at all. Yesterday was a new story that they made 45 attempts to deliver it to me, but it wasn't and no one even contacted me with a status update. I am home all the time. They were just trying to cover up their lie. Everyday I call up twice and all I hear is "it will be delivered 1st thing tomorrow morning." and that morning does not come. Worst experience ever!!! The store where I made a purchase was 9610 Pineville Matthews Rd, Pineville NC 28134."

This review was modified by pissedcutstomer on September 11 2015 11:34:29 AM

"Worst customer service ever. They couldn't be less concerned about their customers if they tried. I ordered a desk that requires assembly and is shipped in two cartons. Surprisingly, they noticed one carton was damaged before it was shipped, but they went ahead and delivered the other one. When i called to ask about the second carton, they said they were going to have the carton that had been delivered picked up in a week, then issue me a refund, then i could start all over. It has been two weeks, the carton has yet to be picked up, i am still out the money for the desk and i have little hope that it will be resolved. Every time i call, they tell me they have sent my case to the resolution team who will call me back in 4 business hours or the next day. Only once have I received a return phone call. That call came in at 9:15 AM to tell me the carton would be picked up between 8 AM and 5 PM that day. It wasn't. They did offer to let me order, and pay for, another desk while I waited for the return and refund of the first one. Oh, and they sent me a link to write a review, which they then refused to post. Apparently the ability to actually get the merchandise has little bearing on whether or not you should buy something."

This review was modified by txlorig on September 04 2015 10:08:01 AM

"Worst experience from an online retailer. I had an order that included a $6.99 pack of 3 markers. They completely sent the wrong item. They sent me an Avery bottom-tab divider. I called them and they said they would fix it and ship it next day. Even sent me a confirmation email. Then nothing happened. The next week, I called again and they said they will take care of it. Then I get a call two days later saying that the item was originally delivered right and that it was my fault. I spoke with a manager, he said he would take care of it. 2 weeks later, I am still waiting for my stupid pack of $6.99 markers. It is beyond ridiculous the service they have. I would not order from them again. Go with Amazon or Costco!"

This review was modified by gelin14 on August 26 2015 03:38:43 PM

"Difficulty in getting exchange pick up and delivery, multiple phone calls, no response

The issue started with a phone call to exchange a damaged desk I had just purchased a few days earlier. A pick up of the old item and drop off of a new one was processed on 7/25 and scheduled for 7/29. Someone was supposed to call the day before to give a 2-hour window. No call, and no pick up or delivery took place, I called and inquired and was escalated to the customer service team, then received another call for another delivery day, and again no pick up or delivery took place. Then called again and was told to wait until 5 and that the item is going to be delivered that day. I waited at home and it did not happen. Then called again, and was told to wait until 7 because delivery can be delayed, and sure enough nothing happened, then called again, and I was told delivery will happen the next day, and that I should leave the damaged item on my porch and they will let the drivers know to pick up and leave the new item at the porch. Did not happen, then called again, and was told they will check with the driver but the driver went howe already, so wait until the next day and someone will call me in 4 business hours to schedule a delivery (and was given a confirmation number for the request). Of course no one called, and I returned how and no pick up or delivery was made. Then I called again, and was told that the item was delivered already 2 days ago and was singed for my DRLS and was left on my porch. Of course, there is no DRLS or anyone else in in my household, and the damaged item is still on the porch, and no delivery was made.
Now, I have been on hold for exactly 33 minutes (because the supervisors are in a meeting and dont care I guess...still on hold as I type)... oh now after over 40 minutes she hung up, must be a way to deal with things at Office Depot!!!!
Problem not resolved.
What I need to know- does this company have any degree of self respect? How shameful...How can they treat customers like that?
The damaged item contains a big piece of glass, and as such is hazardous if mishandled, and is sitting for days distorting my front porch. Not to mention I still do not have my desk as I still did not received my item.

Compare this to receiving a new item, No problem, but when it comes to exchange they make you go through all this. And lying to say they delivered it is another story that contradicts itself. If it was signed for by someone, then how come they claim it was left on the porch? If truly delivered, then how come they did not pick up the damaged item? and when I asked about where they delivered it and who is DRLS they said they dont know!!!

This review was modified by a2hs on August 05 2015 09:52:03 PM

"I recently purchased a new LED computer monitor from Office Depot/Office Max. The site promises next day delivery free and I chose this over paying for Amazon next day. When my order was to arrive it didn't, I checked the tracking information and the order says "shipper rejected". I called a day later and spoke to customer service, i was outside the shippers service area so they rejected my order and issued my card a refund. I asked why i was never notified of this and the typical response of "were really sorry". She then said if id like to reorder the monitor she can have UPS next day it at no charge and made a note on the order information to have it shipped UPS, so i gave her all of my card information and proceeded with the reorder. Again the order never arrived, tracking says "shipper rejected" I called CS again and got the same run around about the service area and she could do another order and ship UPS. I quickly rejected the offer and noted that was already have supposed to happened. I ordered from Amazon and like usual, it was here the following day. I will not be using Office Depot or Office Max again if i can help it!!"

"Items ordered did not arrive by the promised date. Call to Office Depot did not resolve problem. They claimed item was delivered and signed for. UPS tracking showed item was delivered 400 miles from my location and signed for by someone I do not know. Turns out the item was damaged in shipping and returned to sender. Office Depot promised to expedite shipping a replacement. Again, promised date missed. Second call was again met with claim item had been delivered. Order cancelled, new supplier found. Attempt to post a complaint on Office Depots web site rejected. No negative comments allowed."

This review was modified by mjordans2000 on May 05 2015 09:25:56 PM

"I ordered a Dell XPS laptop which was delivered 2/26/2015. Now it is 4/5/2015, computer does not boot giving me an error message that the hard disk drive is not found. OfficeDepot declined a refund and instructed me to go through manufacturer's warranty. I had found Staples to deal with issues like this in a much more customer-friendly way. OfficeDepot will not see me coming back."

"I placed an order online, which was broken up into 2 shipments by Office Depot. One shipment was delivered as expected; however, when I went to check on the second order, Customer Solutions at Office Depot said that I signed for the second shipment, which I did NOT. After waiting over 30 mins on the phone with Customer Solution to credit my account $12, I spent another 30 mins on the phone waiting for them to reship the order I never got. I will NEVER shop at Office Depot again. Happily switching to Staples!"

This review was modified by ML2015 on March 27 2015 02:28:29 PM

"Never download software from Office Depot. Software purchase of TurboTax. Website offered automatic upgrade for prior year users. When that didn't happen I called Office Depot. First call disconnected me after holding 4 minutes. Second call I spoke to a rep that said they were only a reseller. The erroneously delivered product cannot be returned. I would have to take it up with the manufacturer Intuit (even though the offer was on Office Depot's website, but they would be happy to transfer me. It took about 4 minutes to transfer, then another 5 minutes on hold only to be answered by a robo from Microsoft, not Intuit. "

This review was modified by SSant on March 26 2015 03:42:15 PM

"I bought 2 tablets with extended warranty. office depot doesn't want to honor the warranty. I will only buy from best buy in the future. They actually honor their extended warranty. Buyer beware office depot will give you the run around with their extended warranty."

"The rewards program is somewhat of a farce and a disappointment. You have to be able to time your purchases very well in order to make use of it. Under 1,000 points that you accumulate at the end of a quarter are worthless and will not carry over, even to the next month. So, having spent $800 on December 30th, we get no credit whatsoever.

So, if you're basing any purchases on rewards for customer loyalty, you will have to make sure your business lines up with the Office Depot calendar.

If you have a problem with a product, Office Depot has a process for dealing with issues. It may or may not address your actual problem. You must go through their process, and if it doesn't work, THEN they may replace the defective product. It's an unnecessary hassle.

Products are generally acceptable and reasonably priced.

"I bought an office chair that cost $368.04 back in may of 2013. This past December of 2014 the chair stopped staying elevated so I chatted in with an office depot rep who stated they would process a warranty exchange. The next day I was checking on my order and it showed cancelled. I look back now and think that should have been my first warning sign. So I chatted back again on 01/05/2015 and was told by the second rep that they were sorry and would process the warranty exchange. This time it went through. I got my new chair a few days later and a couple of days after that someone from office depot came by my job and picked up the defective chair. Everything seems fine right? Not at all. The day they picked up the chair they charged my account for $ 368.04!! First I have never had to pay anything when doing a warranty exchange and second NO ONE ever told me that is how they process an exchange and last but not least I never authorized a charge to my debit card!! I have called 4 times now to try and get my money back and I am being told no because they are trying to say that no one picked up the chair and it has not gone back to the warehouse. I have spoken with supervisors still nothing. I have filed a complaint with the BBB. I have had to call my bank and file a dispute for an unauthorized charge which they have had to cancel my debit card so the only way I have access to my account is to go to the bank which is not easy with the way I work. I have also sent in a complaint email which I doubt will do any good at all. I am filling this out and I will be putting this information on my face book and anywhere else that I can tell everyone about what is going on. "

Share Office Depot's store rating

Office Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!