Office DepotCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"Worst company I have ever dealt with. They ship damaged products and when you ship it back, they refuse to credit your account. I need to go through my credit card company to get a refund. Also, when I reviewed the product, they refused to post."

"I purchased a 2-drawer lateral file cabinet through my local Office Depot store. The cabinet was shipped three days later and delivered inside my entrance gate 20 feet from my front door. The package weighed in excess of 150lbs. Nevertheless, my 103lb body was able to inch it towards the front door where I carefully removed the packaging only to learn that it was dented on the top of the right hand side and back. I also noted that it was Made in USA and NOT China, a change for the good? Not so sure when I saw it was damaged. I immediately put the packaging back as I found it and called Office Depot to inform them it was damaged and I needed a replacement. That's when I learned that they do not provide replacements. One has to arrange for the return and some 3-5 days later, my account would be credited but meanwhile I can order another. That's when I learned that Office Depot's customer service call centers are in Asia.

I requested a pick up window of three to four hours for the very next day because it had to be left outside all night and in my absence the next day. After much back and forth on the telephone the call center gave me a confirmation that someone would pick it up between 9:30 am-11:00 am and promised to email confirmation. I never did receive confirmation from Office Depot, but I went ahead and rearranged my meeting schedule and canceled all appointments in the morning the next day. The next day at 12:30 pm, still no pick up. I do believe I was justified in my frustration. I needed to leave for an appointment but I wanted to make sure I received a receipt from the driver having been told that I only had to ask. I at least expected some acknowledgement for the return since there was no return authorization document (which is normal with many big box companies), no instructions given on the packaging for returning merchandise, and no paperwork on the packaging that would indicate it was charged and delivered to me. After further calls around 12:30pm to the local store and the Asian call center, the goods were picked up around 1:45 pm but alas, the driver reminded me he was a contractor of Office Depot and couldn't give a receipt. After several wasted hours of billable time, a completely dead battery on my iPhone from very lengthy back and forth calls with the Asian call center I'm told that's just the way it (Office Depot) works. Office Depot needs to better communicate with its customers and be accommodating. Even Fed-Ex and UPS will give you a three-hour window, Amazon will offer you same day delivery, and Best Buy the same, so to be told Office Depot will pick up a return between 8:30 and 5:00 pm is ludicrous. No one I know is available for an entire day waiting for someone to deliver or pick up goods.
Office Depot needs to re-evaluate its delivery policies, its customer service programs, and accommodate its customers. The time wasted, lost revenue and erroneous information not to mention the frustration of dealing with offshore customer service agents, store clerks who are unable to be pro-active on a customer's behalf, and poor delivery/pick-up scheduling, is more than one should tolerate in this technological age. As it is, I found an alternative source for a comparable product with free inside, upstairs delivery to a closet location. And yes, the entire transaction including delivery was completed in less than 3 hours, as opposed to Office Depot’s 3-5 days for delivery only, and 9-10 days if the goods happen to be damaged and returned. But hey, I'll never have to see the name Office Depot on my credit card ever again. My purchasing days at Office Depot are over.

"Absolutely the worst experience I ever had with a company. Ordered a printer and ink form them because Staples is worthless. Figured no one can be as bad at them - well Office Depot has risen to a new low! Order online, item was to be delivered within 3 days. 5 days later still no package. Contact them to find that the package is lost, and they have (wait for it!) NO TRACKING INFO< AND DON"T EVEN KNOW THE NAME OF THE CARRIER DELIVERING IT! It;s not UPS< Fed Ex, or the PO, it's a third party carrier they do not know who! After major hassle, and charging my Paypal account three times, I reorder and they give me a $20 discount, now the printer and ink is coming in two packages. Guess what? Ink does not show on day it's supposed to, and my account is saying that driver can not find my address. After major time on the phone again, find out they again ship it with a third party carrier and have no tracking info. I am forced to talk to idiots in India and the Philippines who speak little english, who argue with me when I want to speak to someone in the US. Still no idea where my packages are, and am being told that they will show tomorrow. I am not waiting with baited breathe for them. BTW, the first packages I am still trying to get credited to my Paypal account. "

"Ordered a new desk, lateral file, and supplies for home office online for in store pickup on a Sunday. Picked up order from store on Monday. Credit card was charged twice (this is a bank card so of course OD fees apply)! Once on the day of the order and once on the day of pick up. Now, I know it wasn't the store's issue because the store never asked me for a credit card when I picked up the items and when I called them they said they do not process the payment for online orders. After calling the store, calling customer service 3 times (one time being hung up on/another being told to call Office Depot Credit which turned out to be OD Credit Card services which I do not have their credit card!), and calling my bank, I again am on hold in between some sweet Bangladesh voice tell me 'I'm so sorey' between getting her morning breakfast and lord only knows what else. I am never shopping Office Depot again! "

"So, I wanted a new shelf for a system I use in the garage. Go figure, no one stocks it in the store. The prices among the various folks were about the same but OD had a much better delivery date than others and this was somewhat of a time critical situation so I went with OD.

Delivery Day (Tuesday) came and... no shelf. So Tuesday evening I contacted customer service and they said they would put in a service request and someone would call me the next day.

Weds came and went and... no shelf and no call. So Weds evening I contacted them again. They were very rude and basically said, we put in a service request what else do you want us to do?

So I got busy and we got to Friday evening... still no shelf and no phone call. I was pretty steamed at this point. I contacted customer service and basically told them, get it to me Saturday (I was out of time) or cancel the order. He says, we don't deliver on Saturday. I say, ok cancel the order. Fine, he says he cancelled it and I should get an e-mail.

The middle of the next week comes and still no shelf, still no call, no e-mail and no credit on my credit card. I contacted customer service again. I know, I'm a slow learner. Anyway, they said, well it can take up to 5 business days for you to receive confirmation of the order being cancelled and only after that do we refund your credit card. Now keep in mind they had no problem QUICKLY charging my card. Anyway... 5 business days would be Friday and I was busy so I let it slide again.

Not surprisingly, we get to Friday evening and no shelf, no call, no e-mail and no credit on my credit card. If I was steamed before, well let's just say this is a different order of magnitude. I contacted my credit card and disputed the purchase. The only bright side here is that OD paid the credit card the same amount of attention they paid to me. They never bothered to respond to the credit card. Charge back was quickly approved and I got my money back.

This experience has taught me to never use OD again. Hopefully you won't have to learn the hard way like I did.

modified review This review was modified by Spacey88 on August 15 2014 05:19:32 PM

"Let it be known that after 20 years of doing excellent business with this company, this church will no longer place any orders with Office Depot. There are no words to describe the frustration I have encountered over one single box of Xerox paper. After many many calls for help in trying to find the paper nearly two weeks after placing order. I am told that not only are they shipping me 10 reams. They will also ship another 10 reams free of charge. The next day, a box comes to the church without a lid and the paper is filthy in places. (no doubt from the shipping process I suppose) I only received 10 reams which doesn't surprise me at all. But, I have an email stating that there will be no charge for the paper. I am okay with that. BUT, today, I receive a bill from Office Depot charging me for the paper in full. I could scream. So yet again I am on the phone for another 20 minutes in an attempt to resolve this issue. I HAVE HAD IT!! I will pay the balance of this bill which is very little and rest assured I will never order again."

modified review This review was modified by Mon-AetnaBaptistChurch on August 13 2014 08:24:55 AM

"We'd been shopping around for a new laptop. Office Depot advertised, in our newspaper's Sunday flyer, a Toshiba 6gb Touch screen laptop, for $349.99. When we arrived at the store, the Toshiba laptop had a sales tag under the laptop claiming it was a touch screen, also. It wasn't a touchscreen. The manager was called and he tried squirming out of it, saying Office Depot was not responsible for typing errors in the newspaper. I said, "That's false advertising. Even your in-store tag advertises it as a touch screen." Long story short, he offered another laptop at a discounted price.

modified review This review was modified by itsudeb on March 16 2014 05:09:09 PM

"as an employee or in this case a manager you are pressured to sell and when sales and survey's are not going good your store manager finds a way to write you up and he walks away with his hands clean. Also when you are hired they start your pay right then they take you pay reduce it and grantee 8 hrs over time for a few months then say that you will no longer get overtime"

modified review This review was modified by boomercasares on February 21 2014 06:33:30 AM

"This company is horrible. I will absolutely never spend money with them again.

My husband and I will be closing on a new house in a week and wanted to buy him a new desk. Being thrifty, I stalked what I wanted online and swooped in when it was on sale. Before making the order I went into a web chat with a customer service agent, Marvi, to see if the shipping could be delayed until we moved in, about 2 weeks from order date. Marvi told me to go ahead and place the order, and that he would change the shipping date once I've given him the completed order number. Here is what Marvi had to say "Marvi: Here is your reference number 408721719 for the delivery date change on this order." Awesome! I was so happy! That is, until this morning when I received an email letting me know that the shipment had been processed and was going to be delivered tomorrow. I immediately got on the phone with Office Depot, only to find out that their customer service center is overseas. I was asked to call back the first time. I'm not really sure why. I think the girl was getting off work. I called back a 2nd time and got ANOTHER non-native English speaker. She kept telling me someone would call me back within 4 hours and she was making a ticket (in very broken English.... I'm not really sure she understood what I was telling her.) I called back on my lunch break after 5 hours of non-communication, and was told there would be another ticket filled out. I tried calling my local Office Depot store to see if they could help, and I finally got in touch with someone whom I felt understood me and who I could also understand. After being bounced around for a while I'm pretty sure I was speaking to an assistant manager. Unfortunately, they had no way of looking up this information, and there was no alternative phone number he could give me to help.

I FINALLY got a call 7 hours after my original call from someone in Boca Raton, who told me that it is against company policy to delay order shipment, and that it would have told me at checkout what my delivery date was estimated to be. I told her I was advised this from a customer service agent and she said that wouldn't have been the case. I finally gave her Marvi's confirmation number and she finally apologized that company policy was misrepresented to me, and said that the ONLY way to ensure that my order was not going to be delivered tomorrow was to cancel the order and place it again closer to my move-date - at full price.

I told her to go ahead and cancel the order, cancel the shipment, cancel everything so it's not delivered, I don't live there yet! I don't want the current owners inconvenienced! The woman said she would work on it and call me back in 1-2 hours. This was a good 4 hours ago and at current it is past end of business day with no word from Office Depot.

I cant WAIT to shop at Office Max. Screw you, Office Depot.

modified review This review was modified by TeresaLB on February 18 2014 03:13:46 PM

"ATROCIOUS! (Yes, I'm yelling. You would, too). Horrifically incompetent, outsourced company. RUN, don't walk away from this hot mess of a "business". Placed an online order after VERIFYING with their online chat that the item (an Epson printer) was in stock. Received a confirmation email showing it available and shipping by the next week. Funds on hold on my Visa. Waited days. Spoke to Chat line again. Told weather was bad. Shipping delayed. Waited again. Spoke to Chat & was told item in warehouse shipping out their truck on following Monday. Friday came, no emails but checked online--item listed now as "backordered". Called on phone. So sorry. We actually never had item for sale. Doesn't exist. Funds still not back on my card. Called & asked for Office Depot supervisor (in the Philippines, it turns out) to contact Visa to have hold removed. Had Visa supervisor on 3-way phone conference ready & willing to clear the hold. She asked Office Depot person for the authorization code for charge. He didn't know how to find it. Told me to call their credit dept. 800#. Said good-bye to Visa. Called the number he gave me only to find out it is the phone for the Office Depot credit card, not for any form of customer service for sales. Will be calling the Better Business Bureau next. I repeat: Run, do not walk, away from attempting any business transactions with this staggeringly incompetent company. "

modified review This review was modified by RunAwayFast on January 10 2014 02:06:13 PM

"An absolute joke. No customer service. They delivered a package to me which clearly had someone else's shipping and billing information inside.

It took two weeks for them to even pick up the package and I never received the item I actually ordered.

Skip Office Depot, Amazon is 100% better.

"I have shopped at Office Depot for years. I have always taken advantage of their recycling programs, sales, cash back rewards, and recycling programs. There have been a few times when I have not gotten the promised rewards but I stayed on top of them and continued to use them. However, today was the day that I decided I would be better off to never do business with them again. I ordered a printer online and didn't like it. When I took it to the store they would not take it back because it wasn't an item they carried. I called the 800 number and had to wait 4 hours for approval of the return and a label. The label was a jpeg I couldn't get to print without the use of photoshop. When I took the printer back to the store to ship using UPS they wouldn't take it. They said anything over 50lbs would be too hard on the driver and my 70lb printer (that I lugged into the store) exceeded the limit, label or no label. When I took it across town to UPS they said the limit was 150 lbs. Needless to say, I'm done with Office Depot."

modified review This review was modified by xtrememotives on November 21 2013 04:21:35 PM

"Had purchased a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium. They didn't have it in stock. We went ahead and ordered it when we were told it would be delivered to us at no chg. on a specific date. On the delivery date I went on-line to see if it was scheduled and it was,it showed delivery between 8:30-5:00. At 3:15 when I hadn't heard anything I called the number that they give and was told it would not be delivered it would be at least 3 more days! This is the POOREST way of handling business I have ever seen. If you say it is being delivered, show it on your site, where you put in your order # to track, and it shows it is being delivered and it won't be, you should update the site or contact the person. So I am writing this, preparing to leave, since it won't be delivered for 3 more days and there is a knock at the door and it is the printer being delivered! Really... this company doesn't have a clue what is going on! Had I left they wouldn't have left the printer (which I wouldn't have wanted to happen), but I would be going through the cycle again! I assume they plan on delivering another one in 3 days since that is what they say (like that is accurate)! How poorly managed are they!?!?"

modified review This review was modified by 501c on November 18 2013 12:58:56 PM

"they lie. Said they would deliver on Tuesday. We scheduled locksmith for Wed. They still had not delivered by Wednesday morning despite numerous phone calls and many minutes on hold. THEY LIE."

modified review This review was modified by petestein on November 13 2013 10:12:48 AM

"All I care is that word gets out about Office Depot. I just had a HORRIBLE experience with them. I ordered a product. It was wrong. I called-the person I spoke to could barely speak English. Two days later UPS came to pick up the product, but no word of a credit. I called a week later, was told the product was received, and I would see a credit on my CC in two days. The next day someone called to tell me that I wouldn't be credited for 3-5 days. I objected, was told to hold for a supervisor. I was on hold for a long time, and then told that she would have to call back. She never did. So here I wait-they have their defective product AND my money!!! What a SHLOCK company!!!"

modified review This review was modified by dogprovet on October 26 2013 05:47:23 AM

Office Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!