Stores > Office Depot

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-06-25

waste of time and money

"We had brought our PC to Office Depot for a fix. They told us they would need it overnight. they mentioned they could fix my headphone jack on my iPhone 5s within the hour, so I let them. When I came back, after an hour, they said the speakers were malfunctioning, they needed more time. I was patiently waiting when they called saying that my phone would not even turn on. They sent it in to the factory for no cost. We waited four days until we stopped by and they told us not even the factory/workshop could fix it. TWO weeks later, I'm still waiting for my check. SUCH a waste of time and inconvenience., Not only, but all my pictures of my baby were lost because I did not have them backed up."

This review was modified by Marie9087 on June 25 2016 04:14:17 PM

2016-04-01

Unwashable

"Will not order from Office Depot again. Ordered a Danby washer on 20 March 2016 and arrived on 1 April 2016. Only after calling to find where my shipment was because by 30 March 2016 washer hadn't even been shipped yet. The customer service was helpful and made coordination to deliver on 1 April 2016. Was happy until the box was opened or should I say the bottom of the box was barely holding on. I noticed the box was damaged on one side didn't give much though because the packing material should have protected it. WRONG! I called the customer service again but this time about the washer being damaged, was told to wait 4 -5 hours for a response from their team. Waited 5 hours and called back, won't be able to do anything till Monday because now everything is closed. I needed this washing machine No Later Than 5 April 2016 because my household goods are being shipped the next day and Office Depot does not ship oversea. I was offered to have the shipment expedited but won't be here till 7 April or latest 8 April 2016. This does me absolutely no good. Customer service was nice and friendly but could not help me with this issue. I will be refunded the money but I needed the washer. Extremely disappointed!"

This review was modified by lildebo_420 on April 01 2016 03:30:08 PM

2016-03-26

My worst online experience ever

"WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD...I will NEVER use Office Depot online again. They claim to have 24/7 assistance. That is not true. I ordered two weeks before I needed it, so I could have my order delivered on a specific day when I would be home. The order was divided into two orders. The first part got delivered when it was supposed to, but it was the wrong color. The second part of the order was not delivered at all when it was supposed to be. I tried contacting them several times after hours with no luck. When I placed the order via chat, I got an immediate call from Office Depot for payment. However, it was not a person and I was on hold for over an hour. I finally gave up and had to call the next day to pay. Needless to say, I will be getting a full refund."

This review was modified by UnhappyCustomerTX on March 26 2016 06:56:46 AM

2016-02-07

No defective product and won't exchange at origins price

"I bought a Rca 4 line phone at 10960 westheimer Office Depot in Houston, tx 77042. Item was on sale $105, original price is $159. Item was purchased on 1/22/2016, and the product defective. Went back to the store to exchange, the manager Brice, had a bad attitude about the return and refuses to exchange the product at the original sales price as the item is no longer on sale now. We showed him this product is on Amazon for $108, he refuses to match the price as well.

The funny thing is we went to another Office Depot, the sale associate is willing to match Amazon price, telling me Brice doesn't even know his own company's policy and he acts very unprofessional and told his sale associate who was explaining to me about the exchange, " don't worry about explaining to them, I do this all the time."

With this type of store manager, I will not be returning to this store. I have bought multiple printers, toners and lots of printer paper from this store before, they've just lost al my business for $40.

Bad attitude and bad business practice and horrible store manager Brice!

2016-01-28

If they had a option for 0 stars

"Ordered some cables that I needed for a new raid controller. Normally would have went through someone else but Office Depot had the lowest price and I had gift cards to use.

I should have stuck with paying more instead of dealing with this place. I placed my order on Sunday so I figured Monday it would process and ship Tuesday. Monday and Tuesday came and went no status change. On Wednesday the status changed to Pending Authorization where it sat still this morning. So I call them to find out what is going on. They are claiming not enough funds are available. I know they are wrong because my gift card covered all but 81 cents of my order. And I know very well there is more then 81 cents available on my card.

Now here is my biggest gripe about that. Why in the heck did the system not notify of me a issue when I placed the order. Most places will tell you instantly if there was a issue with your card. And even looking beyond that, if there was a issue why did they not contact me and tell me there was a issue and to please verify the information. Instead they say nothing!

To make a long story short. In the end the rep told me to much has passed so the gift card balance is no longer good so she can no longer process the order. I will need to contact the Rewards group to get a new gift card for the balance that was paid for this failed order. After she transferred me to a number that just sent me into a endless maze of automated voice messages and no options to reach a CSR (0 that usually works was not working to force the system into CSR) I decided to just cancel the order. I canceled the order on the website and I instantly had the funds credited back to my gift card.

Sadly I admit I went through the re-order process as I want to use this gift card. Because once this gift card is used. Office Depot/Office Max will NEVER see my business again.

This review was modified by Neihn on January 28 2016 07:30:24 AM

2015-12-06

"Issue is with their bogus "refund" offers. In Aug I sent in a completed request for a $18 "mail-in savings offer". After 2 months I went to the store and the GM called the 'refund department' to find out that "invalid because of 1)damage 2) missing or 3) unreadable". I showed the store GM the photo copy of what I sent in and it was 100% correct and readable. He told them to send the refund and I finally got a check in December, 3.5 months and all this hassle. Not, again. They lost my business. It is evident to me this ruse was to get me to buy and get them not to pay. "

2015-12-06

"DO NOT order anything to be delivered from this company. It has been a horrific experience that has yet to be resolved. I ordered some office furniture from the store to be delivered to my home as some pieces were not in stock. It was promised 12/2 but never arrived. I called the general customer service number that evening and was assured I would hear something by noon the next day. I did not. On 12/3 at 1:00, I called customer service again and was told they were in the "resolution process". When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for a half hour. It was clear I was not going to get a response so I had to take off work to go to the store so someone would have to deal with the problem. I was told the furniture was on the truck to be delivered that day. It was not. The store manager did arrange to get some pieces in and set aside for me. However, I had to find someone to help me go to the store to get the items. I was told the heaviest piece was 100 lbs when it was a 157 lbs. This presented a problem as well. Then the store insisted they had to cancel the order from the warehouse, fine. But they cancelled the credit card charge also then rang it up again at a higher cost due to sales tax differences and charged my card again for a second time. The second charge came right up on my account but the first charge was never credited as of this post. Am sure it will be a nightmare to get this sorted out as well. I will never order anything from Office Depot again. It was not worth the money saved. "

This review was modified by lkrun on December 06 2015 04:22:04 AM

2015-10-31

"This has been the worst experience from an online retailer. I ordered a Honeywell Thermostat on Officedepot.com because they had it a really low price. The order status was in processing for more than week. When I contacted customer service I was told this is a special order and it would take 7-10 business days as it is shipped from the vendor. Subsequently I was informed by one of their "virtual warehouse specialist" that my order was shipped and provided a UPS tracking number. Still no change in order status and no tracking info for the tracking number provided. I contacted them again after another 5 days when I was told that my order was cancelled by their system due to lack of inventory and the low price on my order. They still had this item in stock on their website although at the full price. They made me wait for 10 days informing me that my order is on its only to cancel it eventually. It seems their inventory system and their customer service are totally disconnected and incompetent. Needless to say I would not be shopping at Officedepot.com "

2015-09-29

"Make absolutely sure that you need what you get. Returning, or exchanging in my case, is not easy here. I bought a bunch of toner cartridges for a printer that died too soon. When I went to exchange the remaining toner cartridges for ones that fit the new printer, they wanted receipts, even though I had bought them on their site with stickers clearly identifying the product as ones bought from them. Not shopping here again."

2015-09-17

"Over a month and my order is still in processing! So I called to see what was going on, And they were really rude to me and they did not help me at all! So I am just going to get my money back now! I am never doing business with this company again!"

2015-09-11

"Worst experience getting furniture delivered. This is the 1st time I have ever had office Depot deliver to me. An order of 2 chairs were to be delivered on Sep 1st. I received just one delivery on Sep 3rd. The other chair is yet to be delivered, today being Sep 11th. The customer service as well as the store manager has no information on when it will be delivered. All I hear is "they should have contacted you or they should have sent you an email." Whereas there has been no communication at all. Yesterday was a new story that they made 45 attempts to deliver it to me, but it wasn't and no one even contacted me with a status update. I am home all the time. They were just trying to cover up their lie. Everyday I call up twice and all I hear is "it will be delivered 1st thing tomorrow morning." and that morning does not come. Worst experience ever!!! The store where I made a purchase was 9610 Pineville Matthews Rd, Pineville NC 28134."

This review was modified by pissedcutstomer on September 11 2015 11:34:29 AM

2015-09-04

"Worst customer service ever. They couldn't be less concerned about their customers if they tried. I ordered a desk that requires assembly and is shipped in two cartons. Surprisingly, they noticed one carton was damaged before it was shipped, but they went ahead and delivered the other one. When i called to ask about the second carton, they said they were going to have the carton that had been delivered picked up in a week, then issue me a refund, then i could start all over. It has been two weeks, the carton has yet to be picked up, i am still out the money for the desk and i have little hope that it will be resolved. Every time i call, they tell me they have sent my case to the resolution team who will call me back in 4 business hours or the next day. Only once have I received a return phone call. That call came in at 9:15 AM to tell me the carton would be picked up between 8 AM and 5 PM that day. It wasn't. They did offer to let me order, and pay for, another desk while I waited for the return and refund of the first one. Oh, and they sent me a link to write a review, which they then refused to post. Apparently the ability to actually get the merchandise has little bearing on whether or not you should buy something."

This review was modified by txlorig on September 04 2015 10:08:01 AM

2015-08-26

"Worst experience from an online retailer. I had an order that included a $6.99 pack of 3 markers. They completely sent the wrong item. They sent me an Avery bottom-tab divider. I called them and they said they would fix it and ship it next day. Even sent me a confirmation email. Then nothing happened. The next week, I called again and they said they will take care of it. Then I get a call two days later saying that the item was originally delivered right and that it was my fault. I spoke with a manager, he said he would take care of it. 2 weeks later, I am still waiting for my stupid pack of $6.99 markers. It is beyond ridiculous the service they have. I would not order from them again. Go with Amazon or Costco!"

This review was modified by gelin14 on August 26 2015 03:38:43 PM

2015-08-05

"Difficulty in getting exchange pick up and delivery, multiple phone calls, no response

The issue started with a phone call to exchange a damaged desk I had just purchased a few days earlier. A pick up of the old item and drop off of a new one was processed on 7/25 and scheduled for 7/29. Someone was supposed to call the day before to give a 2-hour window. No call, and no pick up or delivery took place, I called and inquired and was escalated to the customer service team, then received another call for another delivery day, and again no pick up or delivery took place. Then called again and was told to wait until 5 and that the item is going to be delivered that day. I waited at home and it did not happen. Then called again, and was told to wait until 7 because delivery can be delayed, and sure enough nothing happened, then called again, and I was told delivery will happen the next day, and that I should leave the damaged item on my porch and they will let the drivers know to pick up and leave the new item at the porch. Did not happen, then called again, and was told they will check with the driver but the driver went howe already, so wait until the next day and someone will call me in 4 business hours to schedule a delivery (and was given a confirmation number for the request). Of course no one called, and I returned how and no pick up or delivery was made. Then I called again, and was told that the item was delivered already 2 days ago and was singed for my DRLS and was left on my porch. Of course, there is no DRLS or anyone else in in my household, and the damaged item is still on the porch, and no delivery was made.
Now, I have been on hold for exactly 33 minutes (because the supervisors are in a meeting and dont care I guess...still on hold as I type)... oh now after over 40 minutes she hung up, must be a way to deal with things at Office Depot!!!!
Problem not resolved.
What I need to know- does this company have any degree of self respect? How shameful...How can they treat customers like that?
The damaged item contains a big piece of glass, and as such is hazardous if mishandled, and is sitting for days distorting my front porch. Not to mention I still do not have my desk as I still did not received my item.

Compare this to receiving a new item, No problem, but when it comes to exchange they make you go through all this. And lying to say they delivered it is another story that contradicts itself. If it was signed for by someone, then how come they claim it was left on the porch? If truly delivered, then how come they did not pick up the damaged item? and when I asked about where they delivered it and who is DRLS they said they dont know!!!

This review was modified by a2hs on August 05 2015 09:52:03 PM

2015-06-22

"I recently purchased a new LED computer monitor from Office Depot/Office Max. The site promises next day delivery free and I chose this over paying for Amazon next day. When my order was to arrive it didn't, I checked the tracking information and the order says "shipper rejected". I called a day later and spoke to customer service, i was outside the shippers service area so they rejected my order and issued my card a refund. I asked why i was never notified of this and the typical response of "were really sorry". She then said if id like to reorder the monitor she can have UPS next day it at no charge and made a note on the order information to have it shipped UPS, so i gave her all of my card information and proceeded with the reorder. Again the order never arrived, tracking says "shipper rejected" I called CS again and got the same run around about the service area and she could do another order and ship UPS. I quickly rejected the offer and noted that was already have supposed to happened. I ordered from Amazon and like usual, it was here the following day. I will not be using Office Depot or Office Max again if i can help it!!"

Share Office Depot's store rating

Office Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!