Stores > Office Depot

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Office Depot by clicking a star below.
2017-06-14

Bait and Switch

"Tried to order item # 196553 chair sale price on 1st screen 59.99 go to 2nd screen price jumps to 79.99 bait and switch,great way to PO a customer"

2017-06-11

They kill poor homeless cats

"Use to work there but they threatened me every day I be fired for feeding homeless cats. Never new how rude they were till they started killing cats with poison. Very mean company they ****☹️"

2017-06-10

bad store policies

"My canon printer died and I bought another. The new printer did not use the same ink cartridges. So I went to the Office Depot store where I bought my ink cartridges and wanted to exchange them. Since it had been awhile since I bought them and did not expect my printer to die ...I had not kept the receipt.
So the customer service manager - George Ritter - told me that would not work. Office Depot will only give you a very much discounted price for whatever you bring back...even if you want to exchange for store products.
So I will be taking my business to Best Buy from now on.

2017-05-04

Bad company and lazy employees

"Ordered 7 prints online at noon because they claim that ypu can order online and pick up in an hour. I placed my order and it says they will text when ready for pick up. 2 hours later i called and they said they didnt have my order so i explained it to them and they found it but it wasn't done. I eventually came back at 7 pm almost 5 hours after i ordered and it wasnt dont. I asked for an eta and he told me it would be another 20 to 30 min.

When i finally got my prints all 7 pages.... only 7 pages. They were not cut or anything. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

I will not be ordering here again. They were rude and they do not give ypu what ypu pay for. Order online and pick up in an hour is whay i paid for and is NOT what i got. They also REFUSED to give me a refund.

Buy a printer and do it yourself. You will at least get what you pay for.

2017-04-30

How the mighty are fallen

"This store went from best to worse for me since that merger with Office Max.
I bought a few things online after the local store had closed, and had no problem. This past few weeks, however, have been a nightmare.

First I placed the order by selecting EXACTLY what I wanted -- which I could not get anywhere else, or so it seemed.
When the order came, a) the 2 boxes of pens were so battered and torn I had to wonder if half the pens could even write.
b) the highlighters I ordered -- specifically AVERY, not OD -- were just the generic OD stuff I could have bought anywhere in town (with Staples name on them) -- and these cost $1 MORE. 3) Same with the medium size binder clips -- I specifically ordered ACCO and they sent some generic stuff in a plastic bag -- again, like I could get anywhere else. But I can't, because they are too tight for my hands, and they do not open to full capacity.

So I thought I could send them back and get my refund. Silly me. It took 3 phone calls just to get the return started. Call 1: was with somebody offshore (I don't want to cast aspersions so I won't name it -- suffice it to say it is on the other side of the world from New York City). When I told her the shipping papers indicated they came out of Pennsylvania, she gave me a number for a store in Pennsylvania. Call 2) was to the store in PA. The manager who took the call started in saying "Don't yell at me, don't yell at me or I will hang up!" I said I was not yelling, maybe she should adjust the volume on the phone (and maybe I was her __th complaint that day!) But anyway I explained the problem and said I would ship the items back to the warehouse. She said No, that's not allowed. So I asked about bringing them to the store, and she said No, that's not allowed either. The store has nothing to do with online orders, and does not know anything about them. So I asked if the store could notify the warehouse -- she said no, the store and the warehouse are not allowed to speak to each other. That was it.
Call #3 was back to Overseas Center. This rep said someone from the warehouse would come by and pick the package up on the following (Tuesday, I think it was ) between 8 am and 5 pm. I asked if it could be in the morning, and she said yes, we can arrange to have it picked up between 8am and 12 noon.
Wellgueswhat -- right. Tuesday am was a no-show. Tuesday ALL DAY/NIGHT was a no-show. So I called "customer service" again, and and they wanted to give me another pickup date. But I could not be home that day, and there was no one who could be there for me (we don't have a doorman, either). So I called CS again and demanded they let me ship it back to the warehouse. They said they would email me the shipping information -- in 48 hours! That was 4 days ago.

I just sent another message that I am NOT changing my mind and keeping the package, and to give me the shipping info and my refund NOW.

We'll see. It's sad -- I had really liked OD, and was rooting for them when Staples tried to take them over. I especially cared about the employees, because I have never seen a single merger/acquisition/takeover in 40 years where the employees were not the worst off in the deal.

Not anymore. Maybe they should just go quietly the way of Woolworth's et al.

2017-03-03

worst online store ever

"Absolutely the worst online buying experience ever. This store sells products that they don't stand behind and then gives a run around when trying to return the defective merchandise. I purchased a Pyle PLCM7200 back up camera that quit working 3 days after purchasing it online from Office Depot. Was told I would receive a call back within 4 hours on shipping instructions. Never received call back even after 3 other attempts to call. They have an offshore call center that makes a lot of false promises. I'm finally going to have to dispute charges with my credit card company because Office Depot has 0% customer service skills."

2017-01-24

Terrible customer service

"Ordered a case of paper for delivery next day. Didn't arrive.
Took over 20 days and 5 calls to get refund. They continued to lie and postpone the credit over and over.
They must be having money issues if they can't refund $32.00
Don't buy anything from them
Staples is much better and honest and reliable.

2016-11-27

Cancelled my order without notifying me

"I ordered a TV during the Black Friday holiday season. I received an email confirming my order, with an estimated delivery date.
A few days later, I checked the status of my order, and saw it had been cancelled! No email or phone call/text or any form of notification had been sent to me. Office depot just cancelled my order without notification or explanation.

Now, thanks to Office Depot deplorable service, I don't have a tv and black friday deals are over everywhere.

Avoid buying at Office Depot, unless you enjoy people wasting your time.

2016-06-25

waste of time and money

"We had brought our PC to Office Depot for a fix. They told us they would need it overnight. they mentioned they could fix my headphone jack on my iPhone 5s within the hour, so I let them. When I came back, after an hour, they said the speakers were malfunctioning, they needed more time. I was patiently waiting when they called saying that my phone would not even turn on. They sent it in to the factory for no cost. We waited four days until we stopped by and they told us not even the factory/workshop could fix it. TWO weeks later, I'm still waiting for my check. SUCH a waste of time and inconvenience., Not only, but all my pictures of my baby were lost because I did not have them backed up."

2016-04-01

Unwashable

"Will not order from Office Depot again. Ordered a Danby washer on 20 March 2016 and arrived on 1 April 2016. Only after calling to find where my shipment was because by 30 March 2016 washer hadn't even been shipped yet. The customer service was helpful and made coordination to deliver on 1 April 2016. Was happy until the box was opened or should I say the bottom of the box was barely holding on. I noticed the box was damaged on one side didn't give much though because the packing material should have protected it. WRONG! I called the customer service again but this time about the washer being damaged, was told to wait 4 -5 hours for a response from their team. Waited 5 hours and called back, won't be able to do anything till Monday because now everything is closed. I needed this washing machine No Later Than 5 April 2016 because my household goods are being shipped the next day and Office Depot does not ship oversea. I was offered to have the shipment expedited but won't be here till 7 April or latest 8 April 2016. This does me absolutely no good. Customer service was nice and friendly but could not help me with this issue. I will be refunded the money but I needed the washer. Extremely disappointed!"

2016-03-26

My worst online experience ever

"WORST ONLINE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD...I will NEVER use Office Depot online again. They claim to have 24/7 assistance. That is not true. I ordered two weeks before I needed it, so I could have my order delivered on a specific day when I would be home. The order was divided into two orders. The first part got delivered when it was supposed to, but it was the wrong color. The second part of the order was not delivered at all when it was supposed to be. I tried contacting them several times after hours with no luck. When I placed the order via chat, I got an immediate call from Office Depot for payment. However, it was not a person and I was on hold for over an hour. I finally gave up and had to call the next day to pay. Needless to say, I will be getting a full refund."

2016-02-07

No defective product and won't exchange at origins price

"I bought a Rca 4 line phone at 10960 westheimer Office Depot in Houston, tx 77042. Item was on sale $105, original price is $159. Item was purchased on 1/22/2016, and the product defective. Went back to the store to exchange, the manager Brice, had a bad attitude about the return and refuses to exchange the product at the original sales price as the item is no longer on sale now. We showed him this product is on Amazon for $108, he refuses to match the price as well.

The funny thing is we went to another Office Depot, the sale associate is willing to match Amazon price, telling me Brice doesn't even know his own company's policy and he acts very unprofessional and told his sale associate who was explaining to me about the exchange, " don't worry about explaining to them, I do this all the time."

With this type of store manager, I will not be returning to this store. I have bought multiple printers, toners and lots of printer paper from this store before, they've just lost al my business for $40.

Bad attitude and bad business practice and horrible store manager Brice!

2016-01-28

If they had a option for 0 stars

"Ordered some cables that I needed for a new raid controller. Normally would have went through someone else but Office Depot had the lowest price and I had gift cards to use.

I should have stuck with paying more instead of dealing with this place. I placed my order on Sunday so I figured Monday it would process and ship Tuesday. Monday and Tuesday came and went no status change. On Wednesday the status changed to Pending Authorization where it sat still this morning. So I call them to find out what is going on. They are claiming not enough funds are available. I know they are wrong because my gift card covered all but 81 cents of my order. And I know very well there is more then 81 cents available on my card.

Now here is my biggest gripe about that. Why in the heck did the system not notify of me a issue when I placed the order. Most places will tell you instantly if there was a issue with your card. And even looking beyond that, if there was a issue why did they not contact me and tell me there was a issue and to please verify the information. Instead they say nothing!

To make a long story short. In the end the rep told me to much has passed so the gift card balance is no longer good so she can no longer process the order. I will need to contact the Rewards group to get a new gift card for the balance that was paid for this failed order. After she transferred me to a number that just sent me into a endless maze of automated voice messages and no options to reach a CSR (0 that usually works was not working to force the system into CSR) I decided to just cancel the order. I canceled the order on the website and I instantly had the funds credited back to my gift card.

Sadly I admit I went through the re-order process as I want to use this gift card. Because once this gift card is used. Office Depot/Office Max will NEVER see my business again.

2015-12-06

"Issue is with their bogus "refund" offers. In Aug I sent in a completed request for a $18 "mail-in savings offer". After 2 months I went to the store and the GM called the 'refund department' to find out that "invalid because of 1)damage 2) missing or 3) unreadable". I showed the store GM the photo copy of what I sent in and it was 100% correct and readable. He told them to send the refund and I finally got a check in December, 3.5 months and all this hassle. Not, again. They lost my business. It is evident to me this ruse was to get me to buy and get them not to pay. "

2015-12-06

"DO NOT order anything to be delivered from this company. It has been a horrific experience that has yet to be resolved. I ordered some office furniture from the store to be delivered to my home as some pieces were not in stock. It was promised 12/2 but never arrived. I called the general customer service number that evening and was assured I would hear something by noon the next day. I did not. On 12/3 at 1:00, I called customer service again and was told they were in the "resolution process". When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for a half hour. It was clear I was not going to get a response so I had to take off work to go to the store so someone would have to deal with the problem. I was told the furniture was on the truck to be delivered that day. It was not. The store manager did arrange to get some pieces in and set aside for me. However, I had to find someone to help me go to the store to get the items. I was told the heaviest piece was 100 lbs when it was a 157 lbs. This presented a problem as well. Then the store insisted they had to cancel the order from the warehouse, fine. But they cancelled the credit card charge also then rang it up again at a higher cost due to sales tax differences and charged my card again for a second time. The second charge came right up on my account but the first charge was never credited as of this post. Am sure it will be a nightmare to get this sorted out as well. I will never order anything from Office Depot again. It was not worth the money saved. "

Share Office Depot's store rating

Office Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!