• Address: 12400 SW 134 CT Suite 1
    • Contact: customerservice@originpc.com
    • Phone: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Customer Support: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Business Hours: 9-6pm Eastern

Product & services pricing Rating 6.11/10 6.11/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.47/10 8.47/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.61/10 8.61/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10

"Purchased the Genesis tower, have to say I love it! The design and the amount of space it provides is perfect for air flow. The reps I have worked with are not only helpful but friendly too, this is customer service done the right way. I will definitely purchase from Origin PC in the very near future!

"I recently purchased a EON15-S from Origin PC and am extremely glad that I did. Their customer service is great and the quality of the PC itself is excellent. I've purchased from Alienware in the past and was not satisfied with the build quality or experience since they were purchased by Dell. That said, Origin PC is my company of choice when it comes to purchasing a new computer and will recommend them to anyone I know looking for a new PC."

"I love ORIGIN PC. I ordered a great x99 Millennium system from Origin PC. Although my original order came with a few hicups (as any new technology x99 in this case), Origin worked hard to fix my issues. The system is top notch, the cable management is great and most importantly the customer service is not only US based but really really good.

I would highly recommend Origin. I cant wait to order my systems and accessories from them.

modified review Rep reply posted Nov-12-2014

originpc, Origin PC rep has responded

“Hi Daniel,

I am very happy to hear that all is well. It's the experience ORIGIN PC works so hard to provide. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com. I will always be happy to help.
Thank you for your business!
And welcome to the ORIGIN family!

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC”””

"while i have had some problems with their product, their customer service seems very good and they have contacted me to try and get it sorted out"

"Purchased EVO15-S.

As an IT professional and an avid gamer, I needed a laptop that is not only light, but powerful enough to meet my gaming needs on the go, provide a decent battery life for a powerful laptop, meet my needs for business, and still be light enough to carry around without having to build a mobile desktop every time I take the thing out of my bag.

The latest EVO15-S from OriginPC was an obvious choice. I have never bought an OEM brand desktop or pre-built one from a company such as Origin, and most likely never will; however when it comes to laptops, it's much easier to have it done by a reputable company with engineers that know what they are doing.

The laptop arrived gloriously encased inside a giant wooden box which now doubles as a place for random things in my home, and has performed flawlessly for all my heavy hitting gaming and IT needs. I easily run 6 monitors off the laptop using docking stations with ease, and have no problems running the latest games on ultra quality comparable to my powerful desktop at home.

I would recommend OriginPC to any of my colleagues and friends to get a well built machine at a competitive price point.

"Origin PC is the best (in my opinion) place to get a custom built computer without doing it yourself. Not to mention they offer financing, which really helped me out.

They have some of the sleekest desktop designs and definitely aren't new to the business of custom built PCs. Through the entire ride, since I placed my order, my salesperson was there giving me updates, answering my annoying questions, and keeping me overall relieved until my computer arrived at my doorstep in a massive crate! Every legendary computer deserves a massive shipping crate!

And while the hardware inside isn't anything special that you could have ordered and built yourself, it's truly the custom design of their cases, the cable management they implemented, and the love and care you could tell was put into the computer. That's what makes Origin absolutely wonderful. And I definitely plan on doing more business with them!

"From the moment I decided I was going to purchase my Computer Desktop from Origin, and even before. The service was stellar.

I was skeptical on buying computers, since I have years of experience building, and modding computer desktops myself. However the ease, control, and clear communication between myself as the customer, and Origin the company felt instantly like a personal experience.

I was given a top notch service rep, who streamlined the process of purchasing, but also building, and further modifications as the process went that I had my computer in no time, ready to enjoy.

Origin PC is an amazing company with superb staff. Of my 7 years experience with commerce, logistics, and customer service, they are the best in the business.

"@ORIGINPC - EVO15-S
Fantastic, is an understatement!
Sales rep., went totally out of his way, at every angle!
The laptop exceeds all needs. business....quick and easy to use!
Gaming.....Can Not Be Beaten!!
#2 Laptop from @ORIGINPC ! Will Never Alter Again!!

"EDIT: I have since been speaking with Daniel, and he has greatly helped me. Origin customer service seems to be a lot better than before, or at least working with Daniel is. Origin is currently helping me work out a new system. I appreciate their efforts to help their customers. In this case they are one of the more expensive companies but the way that i have been helped in my case is hard to find elsewhere.
-----------
I purchased a laptop through Origin on 4/09/13 and overall everything has been okay. I have had a few issues with the computer from time to time. the screen clicks when I move it if I apply pressure to the left hand side (not anything crazy, I'm not slamming my laptop screen down, just regular movement). I had an issue with a loose hdmi input thing a while ago, and my power button is inconsistent (sometimes it would turn the computer on, other times it wouldn't. I have to press it in a sweet spot or it wont do anything). One of my USB ports will only work half the time, and the speakers are now crackling when I play music at half of the max volume. I have never been rough with my computer. I have never dropped it, blared music from the speakers, throw it around, and have never been even the slightest bit careless with it.

In my experience, dealing with staff is a grab bag. Some emails I had sent never got replied to, no one seemed to really be on board with me when I ordered my laptop. I was told different company policies. I had someone tell me one part would cost this much, and then another person quote me differently. I had asked for advice on what components to install based on games and programs I would be running. I was told that my configuration would play the games I wanted on a high setting, and should run the programs fine. Overall it does the things I need it to well, but not as well as I was led to believe by the people in tech support I spoke with. I had people telling me different shipping prices and overall I was just glad to get the computer and not have to deal with any more emailing or calling.

But this wasn't the case as I mentioned before with the clicking in the screen and the power button issue. Maybe it was rushed when they built it? I'm not sure. Those problems brought me right back to them.I had mentioned these new problems to tech support, they were essentially useless.

The power button and the clicking from the screen happened right out of the box. When I mentioned this to customer support they basically told me I must be imagining it, or pressing things too hard. I put more money into this build than any computer I had ever purchased before and I don't feel like these minor little snags should occur. I would have sent it back for them to look it over, but they said it would take a couple weeks. I didn't really have a couple weeks at that point. I had already waited a couple weeks using a friends extra laptop, (college student off campus, computer access is necessary). So they told me this annoying clicking couldn't be happening because there is nothing to cause a clicking noise in that area. The power button is super frustrating though.

The computer itself has held up well though besides those few annoyances. The only issue is now I have gotten fed up with the little issues my computer keeps throwing at me and less than 2 years later I'm not sure what to do with it. I would like to get a desktop but no place will give me credit to this computer. I can't find a place to trade it in or swap it out. Origin wont give me any credit to the almost 3k in parts that are in this computer, and no big retailers will offer me anything because it's not a company they deal with. So I guess I am stuck with it. This is especially frustrating to me because I had called tech support one night to ask for advice on my system that I was in the process of ordering. I don't recall his words specifically, but he basically said that with their systems you are able to exchange parts for credit or something like that, I don't remember the exact details. This isn't the case for their laptops I guess.

Overall, I spent a TON, got a powerful laptop, but the casing felt a little cheap. The minor issues I had with clicking, power button issues, HDMI input, speakers and USB added to that cheap feeling. The computer didn't fully meet my expectations for the tasks I threw at it, despite being told it would. Based on the techs I spoke to, I had really high expectations. I take very good care of my stuff, the computer doesn't have a scratch on it, never dropped or tossed around. I hoped my little issues would go away, but they didn't. Here I am still playing with the power button, still hearing the clicking in the screen. I can't play music from my computer in my apartment because it just doesn't sound good. I don't think I would shop for a computer with Origin ever again.

"As soon as I found Origin I knew that I had finally found a place that I can go to for custom laptops that can handle anything. I purchased two Eon15-S laptops and we could not be happier with the products or the order process. The options that Origin is able to offer - parts, customization, graphics, paint, even financing - is amazing. Origin has an awesome website and a great reputation so you know you have nothing to worry about when you place the order. Our systems were shipped out exactly when they said they would ship. I was truly impressed by the performance of the laptops and the professionalism of the team at Origin. They were always kind and willing to answer any questions that we had. Perhaps best of all, when you purchase and Origin PC, you know they are with you 100%. From the greetings and updates you get from your sales account manager (shoutout to Bryant!) to the support that is included with the system, and anything else that may happen along the way. You know that if you have any issues they are willing to help get them resolved. If you're looking for a lighter gaming machine the EVO15-S looks pretty sharp too and I feel that Origin offers competitive pricing. Thanks Origin!

-Matt

"Buying a new laptop from Origin has been an amazing experience. Their easy configuration options on the website made it simple for me to get the best gaming laptop I wanted. The staff are knowledgeable and friendly and took the time to always answer my questions. Definitely recommend them and will only be buying PC's from them in the future! "

"Ordered a Genesis system from them nearly 2 months ago (July 11th). The expected ship schedule was approximately 2 weeks from the order date. Time passed... and the delivery date kept getting pushed back. I finally posted a complaint on their Facebook site, because for some reason, I couldn't access their forums, at which point their customer service manager, Bryant Vallejo contacted me.

Around the last couple of weeks of August, I was assured that I would have my system soon... Nothing happened! I complained again, and was contacted once more by Mr Vallejo on August 27th, who told me that my system was in QC, and after a quick check, it would be shipped the following day at the latest. Didn't happen... Complained again, and was told that the system got held up in QC. It finally shipped on Sept 3rd.

The package arrived in good condition. I have to give the company a plus for the wooden crate, and more than adequate packing. Unpacked, and set up the system. My first impression was that the interior was well built, but the Genesis case was made of cheap thin plastic. It ran fine... with one exception. The ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard isn't compatible with the industry standard minijack connectors. According to the soundcard manual, a 'Y' adaptor connector for this was supposed to be included with the soundcard, but wasn't. I finally found one in a local store, and hooked up the sound system. It didn't work! The only sound coming out of the system was like a controlled feedback noise. I called Origin's tech support, and was told that there were no technicians available. Since I was going to be in and out of the house, I left them my email address, and was told that someone would contact me by end of business that day. Again... it didn't happen... and still hasn't happened! I started troubleshooting the problem myself, and after a couple of hours of frustration, I finally found the problem. The speakers were turned off in the driver section of the card, and the S/PDIF Pass through device was turned on (where the speakers should have been), and was causing the feedback. I reconfigured the drivers, and got it to work. This should have have been found before leaving Origin.

The company's big sales pitch is the great "Origin Experience". Sorry, but my experience was anything but good. I was lied to about shipping schedules, and when the system finally arrived, it was not yet ready for prime time. The system is nice, but customer and tech support are not.

PROS:
Well built system
Great packaging for shipping
Good quality hardware

CONS:
Poor customer support
Terrible technical support
Cheap plastic case
Expensive

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-15-2014

originpc, Origin PC rep has responded

““Hello mcbarker69,

My name is Jamie. I am the customer service manger here at ORIGIN PC. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.
I do wish to apologize for your inconvenience. It is not the ORIGIN experience we work so hard for.
I looked into your case. It appears that Dan (our Tech Support manager) has been reaching out to you over the last few days and has not heard back. Please reply when you have a moment. I am confident that we can address your concerns and make you a satisfied customer.
You can also e-mail me directly at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com. I will always be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC””

"I purchased my EON17S last month from Origin, the system has just been a dream out of the box. They provided me with a personal representative that takes you through every step of the process. - That's the way to treat your customers. The quality of service is outstanding, my order was handled personally and professionally. There was a special part that was not available on the site that I wanted and Origin was able to get it for me. If you're looking for a truly custom machine from start to finish with personal attention, incredible quality and reasonable price. Origin PC is the way. "

"Really had a great experience with Originpc. I ordered a Millennium desktop with their new case. The computer arrived safely thanks to the wooden crate and incredible packing job. Feels like a lot of work and care went into everything they did. From my sales agent to building the unit to my specs. Tech support was also very helpful when I had questions about my over clock. The Origin case is beautiful! Everything runs great. Completely satisfied with my purchase. I would buy from them again."

" I recently needed a replacement PC since my current one was struggling with all the new games. I am a big gamer so was interested in a custom PC.  My current PC was from one of the larger companies, but I decided to try Origin after reading some of their reviews. They have a great website, easy to use with great custom options.  Origin offers a wide range of options, so it will fit anyone’s budget.  It was simple for me to build out the exact PC I wanted.

My sales guy was top-notch. He kept me posted with email updates on the progress of my PC.  It took a little longer than scheduled to ship, but it was no big deal.  I was kept well informed.

I fell in love with the machine I received.  I have built PCs before and was impressed by the quality of the work they put into it.  The guy who built it really knew what he was doing.   It was very cleanly layout and looks beautiful.  Their custom case is really phenomenal.  The system powered up perfectly with no hiccups. I was up and playing games within

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,920 merchant members.