Stores > Origin PC

• Origin PC Origin PC Elite Status

• Address: 12400 SW 134 CT Suite 1
    • Contact: customerservice@originpc.com
    • Phone: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Customer Support: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Business Hours: 9-6pm Eastern

Product & services pricing Rating 4.62/10 4.62/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.31/10 7.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.31/10 7.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.04/10 9.04/10

2016-09-01

Origin Millenium

"Very happy with Origin PC. Bought my second rig from them. Best price for components compared to other boutique builders comparing apples to apples parts. Excellent customer service from Jake Netta keeping me informed of any issues with my order, any suggestions for the build and when the PC shipped. Very nice having the ability to trade in parts for future upgrade for a nominal fee"

2016-08-31

Disappointed

"Well, after many days of hassle and wait, I was notified this afternoon (Friday 09/02) around 2 pm that my pc was shipped. I updated my shipping method to next day air earlier this week, so I was really excited to check out on UPS when it can get here. And OMG I WAS SO PISSED when I saw the details. Apparently Origin PC shipped it out yesterday afternoon already without ANYBODY notifying me. And this morning around 10 am, UPS already attempted to deliver already. You might be wondering what is wrong here. Well, for most people it shouldn't be a bad thing, but for me it's a completely different story. So few days after placing my order (placed my order on 8/14), my sales rep Arturo Hernandez emailed me that they can only ship to my billing address because the shipping address and billing address are different. My mom and I actually just moved out a week before I placed my order. Reason we had to move out is that my parents are going through a divorce. So I decided that it's not a big deal for Origin PC to ship to my old address, I would just have to notify my step-dad that my computer is coming.

This entire process has to be done in a timely fashion: Origin PC has to notify me ON TIME to let me know the computer is coming, my step-dad is at the old house by himself now, so someone has to be there to sign the package. Well this was not what happened. I was notified the shipping info AFTER UPS even attempted to deliver already! And UPS said they will attempt to deliver on Tuesday 9/6, because Monday 9/5 is labor day. Well that's 4 days from today!!! And I had to pay $150 extra for next day air shipping! Now because of this mistake I had to wait 4 more days and pretty much wasted another $150!

Well then I decided to call UPS to see if there's another way they can deliver or for me to go to UPS Hub to pick it up. I called them and they said yes, so I will have to drive 30 min to the nearest UPS Hub to pick up a 100lb package and carry it all the way home all by myself! And who knows if UPS "damaged" my package during all this, they had to move my PC several more stops than if I were to wait at the house with a timely notification. So we'll see with that, hopefully after all this at least my PC performs like it's supposed to be.

Guess my history with Origin PC is most likely done. Next PC I'd rather build on my own.

Update 9/4:
Well yesterday Friday 9/3, I drove 30 min to the nearest UPS Hub, then just to figure out how GIGANTIC the wooden crate is. Barely fit into the back of my sedan, almost ruined my leather seats. I had to ask another person to help me carry it up to the 2nd floor where I live. Well, after all this I hooked it up and fired the PC up. Runs fantastic. But pretty soon I figured out that the remote control for the LED strips are not working, I can only tune it by turning a nob on top of the case and the light is only white. And when I'm checking all the programs that they have installed, I found that they did not install Webroot Anti-Virus like I selected. I immediately tried to call Origin PC customer support, but all 3 phone calls resulted in no answer after staying on the line for 5 min each. And tonight Saturday 9/4 around 9pm Central Time, I called them again after I got back from work. A guy answered, and he said someone will call me back in 20 min. No one called me back in the next 4 hours. SUPER DISAPPOINTED! Is this the Origin experience that they promised? I don't see how Origin PC is any better than all the other custom PC companies. The so-called 24-7 customer support hasn't helped me or even get back to me at all.

Update 9/6
On Sunday morning 9/4 around 9:30 am, they did call me back. But still it's a late response regardless. The night before, I figured out that they actually did give me Webroot Anti-Virus like I selected, but they simply provided the code on a piece of paper inside the box where they have the extra power supply cables and stuff, but no one informed me ahead of time. Obviously it's kinda confusing that why they would do this because it seems like they can pre-install other programs like Steam, Battle.net, Origin EA, etc. I didn't let them install any of them as I wanted to do it myself. So on this issue I only hope that I was informed ahead of time.
I have changed my rating from 2/5 to 3/5 because the PC itself has no problem whatsoever, so I'm definitely happy about that part. But thee whole Origin Experience is still bitter sweet, the unnecessary troubles that were created did not have to happen at all.

This review was modified by andyhuang9711 on September 06 2016 07:24:14 PM

2016-08-21

Great Company

"Purchased a laptop (EVO15-S 9-SERIES) in mid-January. Takes about a month to build.

Great company overall - excellent customer service, sturdy packaging for delivery, and follow-up support was great too. No issues with the computer noticeable. If I want a desktop in the future, would definitely return.

2016-08-02

Monster PC Build.

"I purchased my PC after months of research and it was the best thing I ever did, they went above and beyond to make sure i got my rig before i had to leave for Germany for my cancer treatments. This thing is an absolute monster and you can feel the love that went into creating it, when you purchase from these guys you don't just get an amazing pc, you get a family. One that will absolutely take care of you in the long run"

This review was modified by SamuelBlazer on August 02 2016 07:46:49 PM

2016-07-26

It doesn't matter even they build the best PC if you can never receive it.

"08/04
They lied just as I expected. They didn't ship it yesterday, they will actually ship it tomorrow. Sigh! I will never shop from them again, ever!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, they called me and told me that they placed my order and they would ship it a couple days sooner to apologize for all the inconvenience. Today, I got a email from them which said the estimated ship date is 8/3. Which is a week from today, 15 days from the day I placed my second order. And there will be probably another week on the road for ground shipping.

From the day I placed my first order, it will take almost a month to get a computer, and when I get it, I still have to rent a car and carry a huge heavy box which is larger and heavier than me back home. Thanks for their weird shipping policy. I totally thought I was buying a 30 million dollar private jet regarding all the trouble and so called secure.

However, after all, their customer service was trying to fix things, and always can be reached out.
My company was buying me a PC for bonus. So I decided to give Origin PC a try, and their Omni does look very good. So I placed an order on July 15th. Since the payment is on company's card which of course the billing address is my company address. After 4 days they told me that they cannot verify my home address for shipping because my home address is not on the card. I had to cancel the order.

Then I re-ordered it on 19th right after I canceled my first order. Until today 26th, my order is still pending and I haven't heard anything from them. Then I emailed them ask them how's the verify going. They got back to me said they could only ship the PC to my company. After email back forth, finally they told me that my order will be placed tomorrow at the latest. But who knows, it might be another year of waiting.

Even they put my order in tomorrow, according to their website, it will be another 15 days before leaving the facility, and probably another week for ground shipping. Assume that I finally got my PC after a decade, a 34'' system with box plus their handle-less wooden crate, neither I can carry it, nor it will fit in many cars including mine. I still have to rent a car or something to take it home.

So I looked up other custom PC sellers and contacted their customer services, there are couple of them offering a shipping authorization form so you can fill out and then shipping PCs to different address other than the billing address. I wish I looked up earlier. If they don't put my order in tomorrow, I will cancel my order again.

This review was modified by IceColdCoke on August 08 2016 07:28:01 AM

2016-07-11

Love at First Sight

"Wow... I must say I was nervous at first on purchasing my first gaming PC. As being a traditional console gamer I decided to take the leap when the Genesis ORIGIN PC caught my eye. Man is it a thing of beauty. The transition has been smooth and the performance is unreal. This beast is capable of accomplishing anything from gaming to video editing. Perfect computer all around. I also dealt with a staff willing to put up with my second guessing and last minute changes, haha. Kudos to Bryant and the team! You guys are amazing!! and I am really satisfied with my PC and I'm proud to be in the ORIGIN family! A choice that I am glad I made. I'm a customer for life! "

This review was modified by rmoise on July 11 2016 10:08:39 AM

2016-07-05

Amazing pc!

"If you are looking for an incredible pc put together thoughtfully with an eye out for your future pc use then Origin is the place to shop. I have an amazing gaming machine, with fantastic customer service, and I will save money down the road because this pc is fully upgradeable. I received periodic emails about my order status and never felt like I was just a number. Origin really thought about every detail to make getting started easy. "

This review was modified by Kellhell1 on July 05 2016 07:11:41 PM

2016-05-26

Everything I expected!

"Genesis is really an amazing case, it's look fabulous, impressive and has great wire management. Before this purchase I was exploring Internet for best PC building company and I decided to go with Origin PC based on reviews about their customer service, and I do not regret it . I wanted to change some things after my order was placed and Bryant, the sales supervisor was very helpful. Overall experience with Origin PC was everything I expected and I highly recommend them to anyone searching for a high end gaming PC! "

This review was modified by Ivan85 on May 26 2016 05:54:19 PM

2016-05-17

#freePJ

"This company goes above and beyond to provide you options with any requests you have! Totally professional and willing to help you! I work in customer service and the few times I needed to call their tech support I honestly felt they wanted to help! Thank you Towellie for recommending them! Best in the business!!!!!"

2016-05-02

A Lot of money for what you get, and buyer beware!

"So I order a Chronos PC and all looks good until Origin says my PC will be delayed because they are experiencing a large number of orders. Two weeks After the promised delivery date I email and ask for the first time 'WTF', only to find out that it shipped two days before (but still 12 days after promised), OK, fine, I understand newer companies having growth pains - but the PC arrives Without a power cord or a manual!
Fortunately I have an extra power cord, so I fire it up. Origin doesn't install anything extra other than Windows and a browser of your choice, so no crapware - a good thing. BUT when I put in a CD, there was nothing to indicate what was 'up' and I put it in upside down. OK, duh on my part, but w/o a manual and removable 'feet' for any configuration, entirely possible. Then the machine didn't want to boot because it kept reading the CD regardless of what I set up in the UEFI. I call tech support, and the support (which by the way, WAS excellent but overworked) says open the case and remove the CD. I do so and there's the hidden eject button!, I remove the CD, reboot, and then the PC decides to turns off on its own. The tech says it's 'probably a loose power supply to the liquid cooler.' Sure enough, that's the problem, it came loose during shipping. Reopening the case, hooking a 3 to 4 pin power connector, 20 seconds and some electrical tape takes care of the issue. They can't do this? THEN I find out that I have so slightly misaligned the rescrewing of the CD and next time I put a CD in, it bounces against the inside of the front bezel and reinserts until I reopen the case and move the screw holding in the CD so it aligns exactly with the slot of the front bezel. Oy vey! Now, EIGHT days later, I still do not have a power cord nor an instructional manual because the company is moving offices - really?

This review was modified by sfwnw on May 02 2016 08:11:22 PM
Rep reply posted May-05-2016

A rep from Origin PC, originpc, has responded

“Hello,

My name is Jamie. I am the customer service manager here at ORIGIN PC. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Customer feedback is very important to us.
ORIGIN PC works very hard to give the most positive experience possible. Unfortunately, things sometimes do happen, and if they do, we are always more than willing to work in good faith to help address our customer’s concerns. I looked into your situation and I have spoken with Technical Support Manager. It does appear that your part order was delayed. The manager states that he had already reached out to you and assured me that the order went out via expedited shipping at our expense to help make up for the delay.
Please feel free to contact me directly at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com with any other questions or concerns. I will always be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC”

2016-04-08

Origin chronos vr

"First off let me say this is amazing machine it's expensive but it's really worth it first I was worried about getting this PC because I always been a mac User and I always have trouble with PC but this pc it is freaking awesome it's fast boot up and web browsing is fast but the shutdown takes a while but it's not bad but again thank you very very much you are the best I recommend this 100% too friends and family and strangers thank you again A++++!"

This review was modified by Orginpcboy1234 on April 09 2016 03:39:07 PM

2016-04-05

Well Worth It!

"I was in the market for a new gaming PC, but I was not sure what I wanted. I spent approximately two months looking at different vendors, configurations, reviews, testimonials, etc. After all my research, I decided to purchase from Orgin and I am not disappointed. I paid a fair amount for my system and it is well worth the cost. The build quality is outstanding, everything about it, from the keyboard, screen, speakers is absolutely amazing and I could not be more happier. I would buy from Orgin again and I would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends. I would like to thank the entire Orgin team, sales, customer service, the builders, etc for making one very fine machine and one very happy customer. OrginPC for life!"

2016-03-24

Nice and easy

"Buying my new laptop was super easy and the person helping me was very helpful and nice. Glad I bought from Origin because now I have a computer that I can actually play games on!"

This review was modified by aciddoubloon on March 24 2016 10:09:19 PM

2016-03-22

My Origin PC Laptop

I purchased my EON15-X laptop shortly after my home-built desktops power supply died for the 3rd time in one year. I was convinced to get a laptop by my girlfriend, who knows I love to game and have been wanting to play my games away from home. My main concern however was my online game design classes, which I had just paid for and wanted to take as a way to learn more about something I love so I can get out of a job that I hate and into a career that I’d love. I had heard a lot of great things about Origin PC and knew they offered financing, as I didn’t have time to just save my money for a new computer, so I went out on a limb and ordered it. During the process, the representative I had spoke with was on top of it and helped me understand where my order stood, from the financing to the final shipment, which got to my house much faster than I anticipated. So far, I have started back to work on my classes, recorded video for my Let’s Play videos, streamed when I was making art for a podcast and even tested all sorts of games, including newer games like The Division on the highest graphic settings. It is safe to say I am beyond pleased with my new Origin PC Laptop.

-Piratepoots

This review was modified by Piratepoots on March 22 2016 02:06:39 PM

2016-03-09

Origin PC tech support

"Had an issue with my 5 year old Origin PC that I LOVE and was able to talk to a real person (Sergio Marin) very late in the evening. Their tech support is stellar! Sergio logged into my machine, took care of the issue I had, and was happy to explain the problem to me so I could learn from the experience.
These guys are the best!
Rob Morgan, St. Louis, MO

This review was modified by artytexan12 on March 09 2016 01:22:11 PM

Share Origin PC's store rating

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.