Stores > Origin PC

• Origin PC Origin PC Elite Status

• Address: 12400 SW 134 CT Suite 1
    • Contact: customerservice@originpc.com
    • Phone: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Customer Support: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Business Hours: 9-6pm Eastern

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.54/10 6.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.14/10 7.14/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

2016-12-02

Horrendous Customer Service

"Bought a PC from Origin 2 years ago, and the process was pretty good, probably a 5/5 even.

Now a note for future buyers: if you want to buy a PC at Origin, you better hope that your PC does not break at all, because it will take Origin more than two months to even identify the problem of your PC after you send it back.

I sent my PC back near the end of September, and it’s December now, but I still don't know what caused my PC to break. I had to send emails complaining about the slow response from the customer support multiple times. At the beginning, he will respond after the complaint in around 2 days, but since then I had to wait almost a week for a response.

A week ago I sent another email asking for an update after waiting patiently for another 2 weeks, but I still have not heard back from him.

On top of extremely slow response from the customer support, when I finally get a reply, it will most likely be an apology, instead of an update (I guess they have nothing to update on, though, as no progress has been made since the beginning). He had apologized multiple times for his “sporadic” communication, but somehow still cannot reply in a timely manner for future emails.

When I ask for an update, I don’t expect that the problem is solved, I just want to know what stage of the repair process we are in. Simply replying that the technician is still testing on the PC is still much better than not replying at all; even though they would most likely be lying if they say they still don’t know what is wrong with my PC after TWO MONTHS of testing, unless my PC has just been sitting in a corner of the warehouse.

In addition, the customer support doesn't seem to be able to respond to two or more questions at one time, and assumes that I do not understand the definition of “testing.”

I’ve been very patient, but it is simply unbelievable how inefficient the process has been. If Origin is reading this, please let somebody else that can respond timely handle this case, please. Or if you don’t even want to repair it, please send it back to me, and save yourself from having to deal with me in the future. I will take the loss of over $100 of shipping fees and my wasted two months, and you can keep the 1 star rating as a parting gift. Thanks.

The ticket number is 7299 by the way, in case you need some information on the “manager” that has been dealing with this case.

This review was modified by FRYF on December 02 2016 01:17:24 PM
Rep reply posted Dec-06-2016

“Hello,

My name is Randolph. I am the Customer Service Manager at Origin PC and I want to first thank you for sharing your review with us. Customer Feedback is very important to us and we do appreciate positive and negative responses, as we always use them to provide a positive experience to our customers.
I have looked into your case and I have already spoken with the manager in question about your issue. He has assured me that he has already been in contact with you. Rest assured that even though your system is out of warranty, I will be working with him to get the process completed as soon as possible.
Please feel free to contact me directly at Randolph_roy@originpc.com with any other questions or concerns. I will always be happy to help.

2016-10-31

Origin PC, where a bad job is the customers problem.

"Overall my experience was right around the average give or take. I had a lot of issues at the start (see below). Origin did make this right by having the machine shipped back to them and fixing problems. It ended up taking around 2 months from time of payment to final machine arrival, but they did compensate me with codes for significant game downloads.
As stated above, the experience was average, but I felt some employees were bad and some were wonderful. It is more than likely that many future buyers will have a great and even amazing experience start to finish, I suspect my experience was a fringe case leaning on the negative.

Issues:
Upon first arrival of the machine including the LED control board dying within 10 days of arrival and the machine arriving with what appeared to be water spots on it. Originally with my sales representative I had to pester him for information, and when it arrived and I was unhappy, it took severe complaints and a bad review to see world class support (in my opinion).
The front panel of the machine snagged significantly on close.
Overall the hardware had the feeling of being a refurbished box, not a state of the art, fresh out of the warehouse device.

This review was modified by jgbowers on November 18 2016 03:41:28 PM
Rep reply posted Nov-02-2016

“Hello,

My name is Randolph Roy and I am the ORIGIN PC Customer Service Manager. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as we take our Customer Feedback very seriously.

While ORIGIN PC works very hard to give each customer the most positive experience possible, we understand that sometimes things do happen and in good faith, our team is always more than willing to address our customer’s concerns.

I have looked into your situation and see that your first contact with Support was on 10/24 concerning the $100 Trion Games Credit included in your order. The process to redeem is usually printed on the certificate itself, right under the serial key. An email was sent to you with the proper links and steps to help you redeem the credit.

I also see that you mentioned having issues with the remote not responding. This was replied to within a few hours with some troubleshooting steps to try and fix that problem. While the support agent never wrote that “the remotes aren’t very good”, he did mention that they are not very sensitive and have to be pointed directly to the IR reader along with a number of other troubleshooting tips. The agent did also mention that if the troubleshooting tips didn’t work and the problem reverted back to the remote, it would not be an issue to provide you a replacement.

About your login issue, it appears that you are trying to use your customer account login in our Support Login page without verifying your email. I have just resent an activation email to you which will direct you to the proper login page as the tickets cannot be viewed on the regular customer account page.

I see that our Tech Support Supervisor Robert has spoken with you and provided the proper labels to you to bring in your system for testing. Once the system comes in, Robert and myself will continue to follow your case to make sure the system is running smooth and that we can turn it back to you in a timely manner.

I know that you have Robert’s contact information, but if needed my direct email is randolph_roy@originpc.com and I’m always happy to help.

Regards,
Randolph Roy
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC

2016-10-17

Origin for life

"I ordered an Origin PC, the Genesis, and it is an extraordinary buy. Arturo at Origin kept me up to date on my order as it was going through the process. He was extremely helpful with the questions I had and even more helpful after I received the PC. It's absolutely amazing to have a company reach out of their own accord to make sure I got the PC and that it is what I was expecting. I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for a custom computer and will definitely be buying from Origin again in the future. Excellent shipping speed as well. Happy customer right here :-D"

This review was modified by Wyern on October 17 2016 02:53:02 PM

2016-10-14

Phenomenal Gaming Laptop

"I have built PC's and Laptops for over 15 years after awhile you get tired of it especially when your still doing it to make a living.. So I decided to give Origin PC a shot.. I can say it went smooth my laptop showed up a couple days early and best of all the whole laptop is upgradable... With Pascal out these Laptops and Desktops can last well over 3 years... Thanks Origin I wanted someone to build me something for once and you guys did a great job:).. I put my finishing touches on it such as overclocking and tweaking a few things and I am good to go.. I will for sure keep doing business with you guys... THANKS"

2016-09-28

WoW--- fasssssssssssssssssssssssssssst

"I am one happy camper with my new Origin desktop PC. The computer is lightening fast and the graphics are amazing. I can finally play all my games in maximum resolution without having any negative effect on the game. The computer is a great value for the money. The customer service was very helpful. The computer arrived when it was promised and the setup was a breeze. One happy camper!"

2016-09-28

Gaming at its finest

"Received my new laptop a day earlier than expected, and I was blown away by the performance. I did unfortunately have a motherboard problem after about a week, so I contacted Origin. They told me to check a couple things, but I had to send it in. They paid for the shipping of the system to them, and I received it in a little over a week. After that it was smooth sailing. I will definitely buy from them again, their service and quality was top notch!"

This review was modified by kefern on September 28 2016 09:48:27 AM

2016-09-27

Never Again!

"In my opinion, the product is way over priced, and the components only average. I purchased a laptop from this company and it began failing almost immediately. The company refused a refund; refused to take responsibility for their defective product; and the customer service was atrocious; taking up to 30 days to reply to support emails. The repair process was a joke! I shipped the laptop back; they had it for 26 days; once I finally got it back the windows log showed
that they had only had it turned on for a whopping 1 hour and a half of those 26 days. Check the BBB and other complaint/review sites before purchase !! I wish I had !!

11/03/16 - Update
Customer service contacted me and replaced the machine with a brand new one with matching specs at their cost. It is working much better than the prior machine. They do seem to have a good/improved customer service; and are making a solid effort to provide customer satisfaction.

This review was modified by gtcobbs on November 03 2016 01:39:03 PM
Rep reply posted Sep-29-2016

A rep from Origin PC, originpc, has responded

“Hello, My name is Jamie. I am the Customer Service manager hear at ORIGIN PC. ORIGIN PC works very hard to give the most positive experience possible. Unfortunately, things sometimes do happen, and if they do, we are always more than willing to work in good faith to help address our customer’s concerns. I looked into your situation and have spoken with the Technical Support manager. He has been attempting to contact you and assured me that your concerns are being addressed. Also, as was previously explained to you, we cannot honor a refund since the unit was physically damaged while in your possession and it has been several months since the time of purchase. Additional information can be found in our Terms and Conditions. Please feel free to contact me directly at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com with any other questions or concerns. I will always be happy to help.”

2016-09-01

Origin Millenium

"Very happy with Origin PC. Bought my second rig from them. Best price for components compared to other boutique builders comparing apples to apples parts. Excellent customer service from Jake Netta keeping me informed of any issues with my order, any suggestions for the build and when the PC shipped. Very nice having the ability to trade in parts for future upgrade for a nominal fee"

2016-08-31

Disappointed

"Well, after many days of hassle and wait, I was notified this afternoon (Friday 09/02) around 2 pm that my pc was shipped. I updated my shipping method to next day air earlier this week, so I was really excited to check out on UPS when it can get here. And OMG I WAS SO PISSED when I saw the details. Apparently Origin PC shipped it out yesterday afternoon already without ANYBODY notifying me. And this morning around 10 am, UPS already attempted to deliver already. You might be wondering what is wrong here. Well, for most people it shouldn't be a bad thing, but for me it's a completely different story. So few days after placing my order (placed my order on 8/14), my sales rep Arturo Hernandez emailed me that they can only ship to my billing address because the shipping address and billing address are different. My mom and I actually just moved out a week before I placed my order. Reason we had to move out is that my parents are going through a divorce. So I decided that it's not a big deal for Origin PC to ship to my old address, I would just have to notify my step-dad that my computer is coming.

This entire process has to be done in a timely fashion: Origin PC has to notify me ON TIME to let me know the computer is coming, my step-dad is at the old house by himself now, so someone has to be there to sign the package. Well this was not what happened. I was notified the shipping info AFTER UPS even attempted to deliver already! And UPS said they will attempt to deliver on Tuesday 9/6, because Monday 9/5 is labor day. Well that's 4 days from today!!! And I had to pay $150 extra for next day air shipping! Now because of this mistake I had to wait 4 more days and pretty much wasted another $150!

Well then I decided to call UPS to see if there's another way they can deliver or for me to go to UPS Hub to pick it up. I called them and they said yes, so I will have to drive 30 min to the nearest UPS Hub to pick up a 100lb package and carry it all the way home all by myself! And who knows if UPS "damaged" my package during all this, they had to move my PC several more stops than if I were to wait at the house with a timely notification. So we'll see with that, hopefully after all this at least my PC performs like it's supposed to be.

Guess my history with Origin PC is most likely done. Next PC I'd rather build on my own.

Update 9/4:
Well yesterday Friday 9/3, I drove 30 min to the nearest UPS Hub, then just to figure out how GIGANTIC the wooden crate is. Barely fit into the back of my sedan, almost ruined my leather seats. I had to ask another person to help me carry it up to the 2nd floor where I live. Well, after all this I hooked it up and fired the PC up. Runs fantastic. But pretty soon I figured out that the remote control for the LED strips are not working, I can only tune it by turning a nob on top of the case and the light is only white. And when I'm checking all the programs that they have installed, I found that they did not install Webroot Anti-Virus like I selected. I immediately tried to call Origin PC customer support, but all 3 phone calls resulted in no answer after staying on the line for 5 min each. And tonight Saturday 9/4 around 9pm Central Time, I called them again after I got back from work. A guy answered, and he said someone will call me back in 20 min. No one called me back in the next 4 hours. SUPER DISAPPOINTED! Is this the Origin experience that they promised? I don't see how Origin PC is any better than all the other custom PC companies. The so-called 24-7 customer support hasn't helped me or even get back to me at all.

Update 9/6
On Sunday morning 9/4 around 9:30 am, they did call me back. But still it's a late response regardless. The night before, I figured out that they actually did give me Webroot Anti-Virus like I selected, but they simply provided the code on a piece of paper inside the box where they have the extra power supply cables and stuff, but no one informed me ahead of time. Obviously it's kinda confusing that why they would do this because it seems like they can pre-install other programs like Steam, Battle.net, Origin EA, etc. I didn't let them install any of them as I wanted to do it myself. So on this issue I only hope that I was informed ahead of time.
I have changed my rating from 2/5 to 3/5 because the PC itself has no problem whatsoever, so I'm definitely happy about that part. But thee whole Origin Experience is still bitter sweet, the unnecessary troubles that were created did not have to happen at all.

This review was modified by andyhuang9711 on September 06 2016 07:24:14 PM

2016-08-21

Great Company

"Purchased a laptop (EVO15-S 9-SERIES) in mid-January. Takes about a month to build.

Great company overall - excellent customer service, sturdy packaging for delivery, and follow-up support was great too. No issues with the computer noticeable. If I want a desktop in the future, would definitely return.

2016-08-02

Monster PC Build.

"I purchased my PC after months of research and it was the best thing I ever did, they went above and beyond to make sure i got my rig before i had to leave for Germany for my cancer treatments. This thing is an absolute monster and you can feel the love that went into creating it, when you purchase from these guys you don't just get an amazing pc, you get a family. One that will absolutely take care of you in the long run"

This review was modified by SamuelBlazer on August 02 2016 07:46:49 PM

2016-07-26

It doesn't matter even they build the best PC if you can never receive it.

"08/04
They lied just as I expected. They didn't ship it yesterday, they will actually ship it tomorrow. Sigh! I will never shop from them again, ever!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday, they called me and told me that they placed my order and they would ship it a couple days sooner to apologize for all the inconvenience. Today, I got a email from them which said the estimated ship date is 8/3. Which is a week from today, 15 days from the day I placed my second order. And there will be probably another week on the road for ground shipping.

From the day I placed my first order, it will take almost a month to get a computer, and when I get it, I still have to rent a car and carry a huge heavy box which is larger and heavier than me back home. Thanks for their weird shipping policy. I totally thought I was buying a 30 million dollar private jet regarding all the trouble and so called secure.

However, after all, their customer service was trying to fix things, and always can be reached out.
My company was buying me a PC for bonus. So I decided to give Origin PC a try, and their Omni does look very good. So I placed an order on July 15th. Since the payment is on company's card which of course the billing address is my company address. After 4 days they told me that they cannot verify my home address for shipping because my home address is not on the card. I had to cancel the order.

Then I re-ordered it on 19th right after I canceled my first order. Until today 26th, my order is still pending and I haven't heard anything from them. Then I emailed them ask them how's the verify going. They got back to me said they could only ship the PC to my company. After email back forth, finally they told me that my order will be placed tomorrow at the latest. But who knows, it might be another year of waiting.

Even they put my order in tomorrow, according to their website, it will be another 15 days before leaving the facility, and probably another week for ground shipping. Assume that I finally got my PC after a decade, a 34'' system with box plus their handle-less wooden crate, neither I can carry it, nor it will fit in many cars including mine. I still have to rent a car or something to take it home.

So I looked up other custom PC sellers and contacted their customer services, there are couple of them offering a shipping authorization form so you can fill out and then shipping PCs to different address other than the billing address. I wish I looked up earlier. If they don't put my order in tomorrow, I will cancel my order again.

This review was modified by IceColdCoke on August 08 2016 07:28:01 AM

2016-07-11

Love at First Sight

"Wow... I must say I was nervous at first on purchasing my first gaming PC. As being a traditional console gamer I decided to take the leap when the Genesis ORIGIN PC caught my eye. Man is it a thing of beauty. The transition has been smooth and the performance is unreal. This beast is capable of accomplishing anything from gaming to video editing. Perfect computer all around. I also dealt with a staff willing to put up with my second guessing and last minute changes, haha. Kudos to Bryant and the team! You guys are amazing!! and I am really satisfied with my PC and I'm proud to be in the ORIGIN family! A choice that I am glad I made. I'm a customer for life! "

This review was modified by rmoise on July 11 2016 10:08:39 AM

2016-07-05

Amazing pc!

"If you are looking for an incredible pc put together thoughtfully with an eye out for your future pc use then Origin is the place to shop. I have an amazing gaming machine, with fantastic customer service, and I will save money down the road because this pc is fully upgradeable. I received periodic emails about my order status and never felt like I was just a number. Origin really thought about every detail to make getting started easy. "

This review was modified by Kellhell1 on July 05 2016 07:11:41 PM

2016-05-26

Everything I expected!

"Genesis is really an amazing case, it's look fabulous, impressive and has great wire management. Before this purchase I was exploring Internet for best PC building company and I decided to go with Origin PC based on reviews about their customer service, and I do not regret it . I wanted to change some things after my order was placed and Bryant, the sales supervisor was very helpful. Overall experience with Origin PC was everything I expected and I highly recommend them to anyone searching for a high end gaming PC! "

This review was modified by Ivan85 on May 26 2016 05:54:19 PM

Share Origin PC's store rating

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,607 merchant members.