Stores > Origin PC
  • Origin PC Origin PC Elite Status
    • Address: 12400 SW 134 CT Suite 1
    • Contact: customerservice@originpc.com
    • Phone: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Customer Support: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Business Hours: 9-6pm Eastern

Product & services pricing Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.09/10 9.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.21/10 8.21/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.93/10 8.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Origin PC by clicking a star below.
2017-03-13

Awesome Rig!

"I bought an Eon X15Pro notebook, took a bit less than 2 weeks to have it built, shipped and in hand. Pretty impressive for a complete custom build. This is flat out the fastest PC I have ever used. Nice looks too. A bit on the large & heavy side, but when you pack desktop components into a notebook chassis, that is to be expected. I'm not a "gamer" so I can't speak for game performance. I am a CAD-guy, and this thing cruises in AutoCAD 2017 without breaking a sweat- CPU usage averages less than 15% even when creating a 30-sheet+ pdf.
I am very pleased with the performance of the PC, and with Origin's engineering and sales team. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who wants a top-flight performance rig, and doesn't mind spending the bucks to get it. Build and finish quality are also superb, everything looks and "feels" precise.

This review was modified by DanS1963 on March 15 2017 01:00:08 PM

2017-03-10

A desktop PC on my back.

"I work in feature film and television vfx and I needed a system that was 100% a desktop that I could take on site or on set. I decided Origin would be the right path. From the moment I placed my order I had an actual person email me and go back and forth answering questions and keeping me up to date on the build progress. It took a little longer than some (they are a boutique shop that does everything in US), but it was worth the wait. This thing handles anything thrown at it like a champ. And on my days off I can now game at 4k with everything maxed on all new titles! Even the speakers sound really nice and are much louder and clearer than I was expecting. Fans blow under load...but it's actually quieter than my 2 year old Aorus X7....so no big deal.

The only negative I would call out (and it's not really fixable yet) is the 2 massive power bricks I need to carry with it....basically doubling it's already massive weight. I do deadlifts....so it doesn't bother me...but I wouldn't dare let anyone else carry it!!

This review was modified by rservello on March 14 2017 12:15:12 AM

2017-03-02

Best of the best gaming PC

"We have six Origin's in our office so I was determined to get one for gaming at home. Origin didn't disappoint - rock solid hardware, blazing performance and great service. 10/10. This is hands down the best PC you can buy if you are a gamer. "

This review was modified by vrpc on March 07 2017 12:00:35 AM

2017-02-23

Speechless

"Everything about the EON17-SLX KABY is fantastic and I couldn't ask for anything else. Origin has provided me with a device that I've dreamt of having. With every use, I notice something different that's just fantastic. BUY WITH COLOR CALIBRATION. Color Calibration may not seem like a big deal BUT IT IS. I could not even imagine it without the color calibration. Absolutely beautiful on the 4K screen.

This review was modified by smcrae97 on February 28 2017 12:00:20 AM

2017-02-22

A gift from the Gods!

"I'm currently living in a deployed location. Ordering things and having them sent here usually takes around 2 weeks to receive.I decided to get myself a gift this year and went to Origin PC. 5 Days later I had a box delivered directly from the Gods. This laptop was superbly built. This thing is so fast, it does things before I even know I want to do them. "

This review was modified by Moosheep on February 24 2017 03:00:01 AM

2017-02-19

Nice computer and good service, too!

"I needed a replacement computer for my old desktop that finally bit the dust. Origin's products have a good reputation, so, after looking around a bit, I placed my order for a custom-built Millenium.

Origin responded promptly with a verification of my order and an estimated shipping date. The order was finished a couple of days early, and I was notified when it shipped.

My computer was shipped in a wooden crate, the sturdiest thing I have ever seen! It was also one of the heaviest, so if you go this route it would help to recruit some "muscle" to help take delivery. Their online video instructions for uncrating the shipment is very helpful.

The computer itself is attractive and extremely sturdy. I had one issue out of the box. Two of the four USB ports on the front panel were DOA. I contacted Origin's Tech Support and received a reply the same day, directing me to inspect the site on the motherboard where the USB cable plugged in. Indeed, it had come loose during shipping, and I was back in business within seconds.

Accompanying documentation included a quick-start guide and a User Guide, which deals mostly with assembling the computer from component parts. What I didn't see was an explanation of the preinstalled utilities. They are quite useful for monitoring and tweaking system performance, but I had to learn by playing with them.

Bottom line? This is a very solid computer that delivers its promised performance, and the folks at Origin PC are easy to deal with.

This review was modified by brucesmall73 on February 21 2017 12:00:08 PM

2017-02-17

WOW I'm impressed!

"When I was deciding what laptop to get for myself I looked through many companies. I was looking for a gaming style laptop that would also be able to do video editing. I looked through all the basic companies and what they had then found Origin. When I looked through their computers I was blown away at the selection and the parts they used inside the laptops were top notch! I decided to order the EVO15S. I couldn't wait to get it! Once it finally arrived and I opened up the package their was a free t-shirt and a free poster. The best part was underneath. The laptop came in a very nice Origin sleeve and when I took out the laptop I was amazed at the quality! It was beautiful, I wasn't expecting that well made of a laptop but this blew me away. I think they use aluminum and it was black in color. Opening the laptop an turning it on, it took about 5 seconds and I was at the home screen. The buttons on the keyboard feel great to push and the mouse pad is just as amazing to use! I love that they provide 24/7 support if I ever need it and a long time for parts and repair if something ever happens. I will definitely be recommending Origin to my friends and co workers. Even if your not a gamer it is a great laptop to video edit on or do photo editing. Over all this is an amazing laptop. Thank you Origin! "

This review was modified by Timofey_karas on February 21 2017 12:15:03 AM

2017-02-05

OriginPC Support Team

"I recently had a rash of dll issues and within 30 min of sending a help email to OriginPC, they were with me on the phone, walking me through the steps to reinstall and setup my custom PC. Top notch support and my computer was back up and running in no time. They are always available and very helpful and worth every penny I spent with them. I cannot recommend OriginPC enough to folks."

This review was modified by mojo_mackay on February 07 2017 02:45:02 PM

2017-01-29

Awesome PC-Custom Company

"The computer (Millennium system) I bought from them is a beast. It runs great, no overheat issue, and the cable management done by Origin Tech is neat and awesome to look at. I bought their laptop EON 17 SLX 2.5 years ago, and it was a great laptop as well."

This review was modified by ngobanhatminh on February 02 2017 03:45:01 PM

2017-01-28

They "revive" my laptop!

"I made a fatal mistake overclocking my laptop. The computer was death. Blank. I called them and within a phone call and a mail they bring the machine back to life. EXCELLENT JOB!"

This review was modified by victorhugo360 on January 31 2017 12:03:02 AM

Good, so far...

"With this review I hope to help people considering Origin and also to contribute to Origin PC's improvement:

Quality / price (3/5): The ratio might not be very high, but hey, some of us are more concerned about quality than quality / price . I am very satisfied with the performance of my new Laptop. The only flaw I would say is the color calibration, I believe the monitor does not look very good but I think it should be easy to arange. (Quality: 5/5, this laptop is a beast)

Reliability (5/5 so far): after spending 3.5k in a laptop, we definetily do not want to lose our money or have reliability issues. So far the system looks quite stable, temperature with GPU overclock never exceeds 81 C, and if I lock top games to maximum 60 fps at ultra settings the temperature may stay around 70 C. I got 2 years warranty and hope that I will never need to use it. Believe me, if my laptop fails I will be the first one to come and review here. This forum definetily made my mind about getting an Origin rather than a Sager, despite the very long wait.

Order and delivery experience (3/5): although they do let you know that it will take long to deliver the computer, still I feel it is way too long and they should work to improve their delivery times. I got ground shipping and it took 3 weeks after spending that much money, to be able to finally enjoy the computer. I almost ordered sager due to their promise of delivering in less than a week vs 3 weeks for origin, but I had very few feedback on Sager's reliability and their reccord looked a little bit bad actually, when doing some research.

Costumer service (4/5 so far): although they took time to contact me right after paying, they always responded within 12 "business hours" and were very polite. I think , if their delivery is going to take so long, that they should keep more informed to costumers as to what is going on with their order.

Since I have got the quality I desired and my computer looks that is working just fine, I will give it a 5 stars, more like 4.6 but 4 seemed too harsh haha.

This review was modified by davidrmm on January 31 2017 12:00:50 AM

2017-01-26

My Dream Machine became reality, Thank you Origin PC!!!

"I have watched hundreds of videos on building pc's and researching other PC builders. It took months. I always found my self going back to Origin PC videos and website. I fell in love with the Millennium. I was close to getting the Lenovo Y900 Razer Edition but my heart kept me coming back to the Origin Millennium. I finally decided on the Millennium and configured it the way I wanted it and made a change on the mother board in the process. Couldn't wait to get the machine like a child at Christmas. Couldn't be happier with there service. Much continued success to Origin PC and Thank you so much!"

This review was modified by mumguy on January 31 2017 12:00:39 AM

Better than expected

"I ordered a PC from Origin right afterChristmas, 2016. I couldn't be happier with the experience. My sales rep, Hector, was timely and professional responding to questions. The PC itself performs great. I would recommend them to anyone."

This review was modified by Brant77 on January 31 2017 12:00:38 AM

2017-01-25

Excellent computers- but Tech Support has growing pains -- UPDATE 2/27

"UPDATE 2/27-
This review got a lot of attention from Origin's upper management (it is good that they pay attention to this stuff) and a manager worked with me directly to get my problem looked at properly. I finally got my crate, I shipped it out, and Origin did an awesome job fixing it and returning it unexpectedly fast. It is working once again, and even included benchmarks and other data to show that Origin went the extra mile on this. Good job! :)

Everything below still happened, but it's clear that the right people learned from my struggle and the right steps are being taken to try and avoid this kind of thing on the future. While it doesn't negate the pain I felt getting this solved, it is nevertheless admirable when a company admits their mistakes and goes the mile to win back the faith of their customers.

If anything it shows that sites like these can be a boon for customers and companies alike. Good on you, Origin. You guys did the right thing in the end.

=======================================

I purchased up a VERY expensive gaming PC from Origin. Right at the end of the first year it stopped booting, which lead to calling tech support. After some back and forth we attempted to swap out the CPU- which did not solve the problem. This meant I had to ship back the OLD CPU.

After this it was back to support. When calling the support number I continually got what was essentially a receptionist that simply told me that no one was available to help. Really? I was told I would get a callback. This callback never happened.

So the next day it was back to calling tech support AGAIN. And again, I got a (really rude) receptionist that told me no one was available to help me.

Eventually, I finally got the long awaited callback.

It was the weekend. The person I got couldn't actually access Origin's ticketing system. Seriously. So some dude working from home without proper system access calling me back after two days of just trying to get someone to talk to me about my problem is what you guys call "World-class Lifetime 24/7 US Based Customer Service 365 Days a Year".

That's extremely disingenuous. Maybe you guys should consider staffing more than a single person on the weekend? Perhaps having a receptionist that can't help anyone isn't such a smart strategy? Especially a rude one?

So in the end it was decided to have me send my PC back to origin for repair. To do that, I need a crate (which strangely the tech seemed to think the average person would keep. who keeps a huge wood box around? who even has room for that?). So that means we needed to get a crate shipped to me. Which I had to pay for. Seriously.

Weeks later I thought it was weird that I never got a tracking # for the crate. So once again - it was back to tech support. I used chat. What I learned was that no one had actually bothered to send the crate. If I had not become suspicious about your tech support- I would still be waiting! A little while later the crate FINALLY shipped to me, and I have not packed the PC and shipped it back.

Meanwhile my very expensive gaming PC has been down for over two months and I have no idea when I will get it back.

So let's review the highlight reel of origin's terrible tech support:
- Phones are often manned by a receptionist that can't actually help you. She also isn't remotely friendly, and you may or may not actually get a callback.
- Weekend support is clearly a single person working from home who may not even have system access.
- If you have to send your PC back for repair (which is still under warranty) you get to pay the shipping. This is not cheap when you need the crate and to then send the crate itself over.
- All of this also relied on Origin not forgetting to send you said crate.
- Don't expect timely responses in your Tech Support tickets. If you ask a question in the ticket- it's all crickets. You actually have to call tech support and make someone look at it.
- My PC, two moths later, is still dead in the water.

If you never have an issue- these guys are awesome. But man oh man- if you have an issue be prepared to hound these guys to actually help you because you are screwed if you simply trust them to do the right thing.

I hope someone in the company looks into my extraordinarily bad experience and considers making internal changes that will lead to customers having a less aggravating experience.

Also, let me again say, my PC is still dead in the water.

This review was modified by runesong on March 15 2017 01:34:07 PM

2017-01-22

Contacted by Tech Support and Issue Resolved

"Origin PC was swift in assisting me after this review. They are experiencing growing pains due to all their success from making great systems and providing a comprehensive support structure for those systems. At this time it my be difficult to reach support but after working with them I'm confident they have a strong desire to improve and recover to a level worthy of their reputation. Thank you for your help. Even with difficulties and an overworked support team the systems they make are still the best. I just want other customers to be aware of their situation. "

This review was modified by afhron on January 27 2017 10:30:02 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-25-2017

A rep from Origin PC, originpc, has responded

“Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is greatly appreciated. ORIGIN PC works hard to provide a positive experience to all of its customers and regret that this has not been your case. As discussed earlier this week, we have looked into your concerns and have worked to address them. We have shipped overnight (at no cost to you) the part to you along with a few goodies for your inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me at Randolph_roy@originpc.com with any other concerns. I will always be happy to help. ”

Share Origin PC's store rating

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,426 merchant members.