• Origin PC Origin PC Elite Status
    • Address: 12400 SW 134 CT Suite 1
    • Contact: customerservice@originpc.com
    • Phone: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Customer Support: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Business Hours: 9-6pm Eastern

Product & services pricing Rating 6.34/10 6.34/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.84/10 8.84/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.32/10 9.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.11/10 9.11/10

"Excellent laptop. Easily the best customer service I have experienced in the computer world. The folks at Origin have created a company that should be modeled by others. They are responsive and take the time to understand the needs of the customer. I would not hesitate in buying a system from them. "

"Very happy with my new laptop! I was looking into an alienware computer when a friend turned me on to origin.
Computer: 5/5 love it. Great speed, cools quickly, long battery life, awesome keyboard, plays any game!
Website: 5/5 easy to use. Lots of options, with little confusion. Build your own, or take advantage of a prebuilt package. They also offer specials and promos!
Customer service: 10/5 unrealisticly great! your giving your business to real people, not a corporation. My representitive Jake Netta kept in contact from start to finish. After receiving my product I noticed I was missing an item from my order. He contacted his team and got the item shipped out immediately with no questions asked.

"Just got my Evo-15s and I am very pleased with it so far! It has held up to every game I've run and looks absolutely beautiful! System is cool, quiet, and light! Fans can get going under extreme conditions, but I didn't even notice they were running until I took my headset off. Overall I would definitely buy again! Thanks Origin!"

"As a current Alienware (Dell) customer, switching to a new vendor for my next gaming PC was an exciting thing. Being a fanboy of Alienware most of my life it's been a good journey being a part of the alienware family. Well until Dell took over and the customer service and company polices ruined everything. Needless to say I became a fan of Origin PC due to their history of Alienware employees and their great PC line-ups. Okay, now to business, I began shopping around and looked and research most of the computer boutiques and finally choose Origin over digitalstorm and Maingear mainly for their history but most importantly their Highly Rated Customer Service and oh boy has their customer service been disappointing thus far. Every from the beginning with the configuration that I wanted their website said it could not be possible and I had no problem setting up the configuration with any other vendor. I called them on it and they told me that yes after evaluating the setup it was not possible so I called up every other vendor and they again told me that it was possible. So again called Origin to cancelled my order since I found other vendors that will be able to configure my PC as I wanted and then the story changed to oh we are sorry we thought you wanted the other motherboard with the one you have it will be possible (bad customer service). Once that was settled I started working with my PC sale rep and she was good for the most part even asked for my instagram profile so that they will send me progression pics of the PC during production. I was impressed and said wow never had this before. Disappointingly, I never received the pics and the PC was shipped without any confirmation e-mail or tracking information (its the little things that count). At least it shipped before expected date but it was annoying to have to contact Origin for Tracking information. They shipped it freight and the company was given the wrong number so when I contacted them they told me they were trying to reach me for delivery but couldn't so I lost two days because of the mistake. And finally after receiving the PC one of the 3 video cards was not working and after troubleshooting this with the tech team they concluded that I will have to ship the PC back to them since I have the cryogenic tubing system. Very frustrated about my situation not blaming Origin for the damage since it could had happened during shipping. Anyways, I shipped the PC as soon as they sent me the shipping label so I only had the PC for one day and they ensured me due to my situation that they will try their best to get it back to me ASAP. After checking they received the PC which was on a Tuesday Morning (4 days later), I called back the following week giving them some time. When I called Monday I was told that it was already fixed and they were only stress testing. I again gave them a couple of day before I called back and when I did they told me it fixed and ready to ship. Excited I asked will it be shipped today or by the end of the week and I was told yes in a few days. So i called back Friday since I never received a shipping confirmation. Again, I was told I had to wait a couple of days to which I replied what's the hold up isn't it ready? I was told since they had to ship it freight that they had to schedule a pickup so I said okay can you find out what day they scheduled it for so that I will have an exact date of shipping. After being put on hold and the tech when to find out he came back on the phone to tell me the same thing it a few days. Long story short they could never give me an exact scheduled pick up time (which makes no sense) and it took about two weeks for them to finally ship coincidentally a day after I called and complaint that if it wasn't ship the next couple of day to cancel the order since they apparently had no urgency to sent it back to a customer that paid top dollar to get a machine damaged on day one. Horrible experience so far definitely regretting the decision to join the Origin family. Even Dell at this point sounds like an upgrade. Waiting now for my PC hoping that it's finally fixed. If not def cancelling my order and moving to another vendor. "

Rep reply posted Aug-11-2015

originpc, Origin PC rep has responded

“Hello,

My name is Jamie. I am the customer service manager here at ORIGIN PC. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Customer feedback is very important to us.
ORIGIN PC works very hard to give the most positive experience possible, I regret that this has not been your case. Unfortunately, things like shipping damage do happen and if they do, ORIGIN PC is always more than willing to work in good faith to resolve the issue.
I have spoken with the Support Manager and he has briefed me on your case. Your system is in route to you. I am confident that it will meet your expectations.
Regardless, your overall satisfaction is very important to us and I would like to speak with you about this . Please call or e-mail me directly at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com.

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC”

"LOVE Origin PC!!!! I am very happy with my system. Erika, Customer Service rep, was helpful, friendly, and professional. Emails were answered very timely. Like with any tech, it does help to know what you are buying - PC gaming systems are not quiet, though my Millennium is quieter than most. I called Tech Support after my system arrived for some informational questions - and was thrilled not to have to push 10 buttons and two codes to talk to someone. They guys were knowledgeable, and seemed very concerned with answering everything I needed - and they actually USE these systems. Sure, you can save $$$ building one yourself - but if you want to spend your time otherwise - an Origin system is well worth it. Windows was set up properly, the unit had wrapped cables, and they provided all the extras the hardware came with - extra wrapped cables, an SLI bridge, etc. PC shipped 9 days after I ordered it in a wooden crate. I am just over the moon with my new FAST PC!!"

"Do not buy from this company! Here is my nightmare adventure with OriginPC and how I can save you the aggravation of dealing with them. I called Origin to looking for a quiet video editing pc that could be rack mounted. It needed to be quiet because I also do a lot of sound mastering and a very loud computer can be difficult to deal with in that situation. I spoke to a female on the phone who told me that their rack mounted pc was a very quiet unit. I told them that I was also interested in buying a liquid processor cooler if that made the system quieter. She told me that the liquid cooling would make it even quieter. I told her that I was skeptical until I heard it for myself and if they had db. noise ratings to give me an idea. She told me that they didn’t but that the computer was returnable as long as I got it back to them. I placed my order online on 2/25/15. This is my first mistake DO NOT buy online if you have any special needs from them, get it writing via an email because they will turn around and tell you it was never said.
Weeks went by and I finally got my PC around 4/10/15 should it really take this long? I get the PC and it isn’t quiet at all. Next they tell me that they don’t think I got the “quiet” fans in my case and that they would ship some out to me. So much for a pc builder now I guess I would have to reinstall the hard to get to fans. A month goes by with no answer, finally at the beginning of May they write back and say that they looked it up and I did have the quiet fans after all! The support person told me this is as quiet as its going to get so I should ship it back to them and they can put it in one of their other cases. Oh and he also tells me the liquid cooling makes it louder contradicting my original sales person.
I return the pc and they say the fans where on full blast and that it’s much quieter now that they have turned the fan speed down. They sent me several videos but it was difficult to judge. Then they lay out the cases for me that they would have to replace my case, none of these fit my rack and they couldn’t say if they would be any quieter so I say I would like to return it. Then they hit me with Restocking fee – -$ 496.71 USD Shipping costs – -$ 154.38 USD. The shipping cost I can understand but I was not told about a restocking fee and at that price who would return a computer? I told them that this isn’t what was told to me and they said they do not have it in writing so I can’t prove it. Do you need to read more? In desperation I suggest to them maybe using one of their home theater cases would work. They respond with a Silverstone case that might fit and I ask them the cost of this case. Much later when they finally respond to me they inform me that my computer had already been moved to the new case without my consent. At this point I sort of gave up had them send it back. When I got the case back to my office it was just as loud. I would never use that in a home theater! When I examined the inside of the case I found that all of the fans were coated in dust and very old sata cables had been used. My profile picture shows this. I brought this issue up to support including a photo and they told me the fans were new. I have pc’s that are 5 years old that don’t have that amount of dust on them.
I gave up at that point again and just said wanted to write their owner an email. When I asked support for his contact info they stopped answering my emails. If all of the actions above don’t make you question OriginPC then that should. The staff doesn’t want the owner to know about anything happening there. My last email to them was 7/13/15 just to give you an idea of how long the process has taken.

Update on August 5, 2015, I have taken this pc and moved it into a Fractal Design quiet case. Origin PC contacted me after this review and agreed to pay for the new case. Their CEO got back to me via twitter and asked if there was any way that they could help the situation.

Rep reply posted Jul-30-2015

originpc, Origin PC rep has responded

“Hello,

My name is Jamie. I am the customer service manager here at ORIGIN PC. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We take customer feedback seriously and use it to improve our services.
The Support Manager and I have reached out to you, but have not heard back. Our CEO has even reached out to you. We are more than happy to discuss and help address your concerns.
You can call or e-mail me directly at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com. I will always be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC”

"Great service, they get back to you extremely fast so all your problems and questions can be solved pretty much same day. Financing is extremely easy and I would recommend it if you can't pay the whole price immediately. The laptop itself is amazing and I could not be happier, gaming wise it is perfect and it is amazing for work also. I cannot imagine a better service, Origin PC can expect me as a loyal consumer and I will be returning to them in the future for a desktop when I have more money."

"Website: 5/5 - fully customizable laptop and desktops available with good flow. ( 0 confusion when creating your own - unlike most websites)
PC availability and quality : 5/5
Customer service 10/5 (if that were possible) these guys went beyond my wildest expectations. Prompt responses and near unrealistic shipping goals of mine - were not only met, but also beaten without any resistance.

After unpacking:

NOT DISAPPOINTED

Last but not least Payment - #shutupandtakemymoney , quality of these pcs for this price , unmatched.

Will be a customer again.

"One word, Fantastic!! First of all Origin has provided a great customer service from ordering to shipping thousands of miles all the way UAE. I'm glad that I chose Origin simply due to their quality of build. Here are some examples:

1. During the order processing phase I had to requested to upgrade the liquid cooling for the CPU to a dual fan radiator setup. Although this option was not available for the chosen rig (Corsair 250D), Origin really helped out and upgraded to my requirements.

2. During ordering processing phase, I had requested to upgrade the CPU and power supply, which was again addressed immediately.

3. Although some delay was observed (1 week) for the order processing but in my opinion, this was compensated by their excellent logistics. Within 3-4 days of shipping from USA, my rig was at my front door in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The packing was export quality and received the rig in perfect condition.

I used to be console gamer and out of the box the PC rig is tremendously powerful. All the components were neatly installed and with very good cable management. I'm actually sad what I have been missing out on the quality of gaming on PC. I'm glad I chose Origin and would recommend them in the blink of an eye.

Thanks for the great service and product.

"customer service at its finest. like seriously. would recommend to any one. also superb product!"

"Where do I start! I got a Genesis and it is super fast and runs really well! Along side of the great computer was the outstanding customer service! My sales representative was Jake Netta. He was always their when I needed help and helped me when their were problems with my configuration to get it fixed as soon and easily as possible! The customer service is some of the best I have ever used! After joining the Origin family, I know I will never leave it!"

"Origin PC's machines are of the highest quality, as is their customer service. The Eon15-X is a powerful mobile workstation with a sleek design that is able to handle any load. The customization options for all of their machines is outrageous and welcome. My personal representative was Jake, and he held my hand through the entire process, which is absolutely astounding. There's one last thing that I want to emphasize, and that is you're not only getting an amazing machine, but you're also joining a family."

"Every other laptop I've purchased has had something I wasn't satisfied with-- a crummy gpu, shoddy build quality, a buggy trackpad-- but my origin laptop has been exactly what I wanted.

The frame and build quality are excellent, the components are top of the line, the keyboard and screen are a joy to use. Very happy I went with Origin.

"What a great company! From start to finish they kept me informed the whole way through. My son is very happy with his laptop. He always brags how fast it boots up and how quick it shuts down. These guys are world class and I'm glad they are in business and make not just pcs but create relationships. Customer service is key and you get that. Thanks again a loyal customer for life.
Lorna

"Just received my Origin Omega gaming PC. Christopher Bire was my sales rep and he did a fantastic job keeping me up to date through the whole process. Top notch product and top notch service clear down to the shipping which is sent in a crate packed perfectly. Not a single complaint with my purchase!"

Share Origin PC's store rating

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,702 merchant members.