Stores > Origin PC

• Origin PC Origin PC Elite Status

• Address: 12400 SW 134 CT Suite 1
    • Contact: customerservice@originpc.com
    • Phone: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Customer Support: 1-877-ORIGIN-0 (674-4460)
    • Business Hours: 9-6pm Eastern

Product & services pricing Rating 6.39/10 6.39/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.44/10 9.44/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.83/10 8.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.82/10 8.82/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10

2016-02-03

Wouldn't buy a high-end pc from anyone else

"I purchased an eon 17 slx from Origin PC a couple months ago. Their service was outstanding, as is the quality of the machine they built for me. It's a 17" laptop with an overclocked desktop processor at 4.5 ghz and 2x gtx980m processors. They did the overclocking, and it's covered under their warranty. They're not cheap, but they're definitely worth it. I'd originally purchased an msi gt80 titan, but returned it because it froze all the time, was loud, and didn't perform like a $3,500 laptop should. My Origin PC laptop is quieter, faster, and has a g sync monitor, and worked great right out of the box. Thank you to the team at Origin PC!"

This review was modified by Ifine63 on February 03 2016 12:13:22 PM

2016-01-20

Origin PC - They Might want to add "and End" to their name

"Just got my EON15-X Pro and I wanted to say that this system exceeds every expectation I had. The system is very quiet and runs everything faster than my 2 year old desktop. I also liked the fact that Origin set up a really good recovery thumb drive and configured the system perfectly down even to my name as the main account. Prior to buying from origin, I tried to purchase a similar system from a competitor and after waiting over a month for a status update, they informed me that the could get the m2. SSD to work right. I canceled the order and gave Origin a shot and they used the same drive with no issues so I can say that their technical team is better than the rest. While there may be cheaper systems out there, but you get what you pay and if you factor the cost of your time and the value you place on the system, I would say their price is effectively low.

I would buy another system from them in a heartbeat.

This review was modified by martytx56 on January 20 2016 05:11:14 PM

2016-01-20

Origin Chronos

"I've had my new Origin Chronos up and running for over a week now. It has been a spectacular experience. Wonderful machine, well packaged, well put together; it is just what I ordered. Our first origin was an eon 13-s almost 2 years ago, and I have never been disappointed. My small business runs on Origin machines. "

This review was modified by kragacles on January 20 2016 02:19:57 PM

2016-01-06

"Extremely fast shipping, they ship your PC in a wooden crate for safety. They surpassed any expectation I had and even their own. I was on the phone with a rep at 3 am their time helping me set up and make sure everything functioned properly after set up. I will shop here in the future and will HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for anything computer related!"

This review was modified by treynolds08 on January 06 2016 05:30:38 PM

2016-01-06

"Ordering was a breeze. Bryant did a great job helping process my order and Erika made sure to keep me updated through every step of the process, even ensuring that my laptop arrived and functioned perfectly! This laptop is the epitome of a desktop replacement. The quality of the laptop is better than I expected. Running new games on Ultra hardly even phases my laptop as it stays cool and quiet. The speakers are almost too good, filling my room with quality audio while I only have them set to 20%. Streaming is insanely easy, the built-in microphone and webcam have good enough quality and raise no complaints from my viewers. This is the laptop you need if you want to game, edit, or stream from anywhere."

2015-12-30

"when i needed a new laptop i shopped around for months trying to find a machine to suit all of my needs. i kept finding myself coming back to originPC.com! configuring and customization was a cinch and the finance procedure was a breeze! their customer service, sales reps, and tech support divisions are top notch and communicate with you every step of the way! i for one am definitely going to return as originPC has earned a customer for life!!!"

2015-12-30

"My system from Origin PC had arrived a few days ago. I was honestly taken by surprised on how well the packaging was. I knew beforehand that it comes in a wooden crate, but actually seeing it was another story. The crate (the crate REALLY protected my system, you'll see why later into the review) itself was HUGE and inside is another box made out of cardboard, this was the box that contains the PC in it.

After an hour, I had everything set up. Aside from un boxing your system, there really isn't much you have to do or worry about. You just plug everything in and start using it!

How do I put this next part? Well I was expecting problems with my new PC and I'll tell you why. The two UPS delivery guys were really rough with the package. The box must have been too heavy for them so as they were carrying the box into my house they dropped it. It was a drop from a 8-10 step stairs. Judging from how well the system looks and runs I'd say the drop did not damage it a whole lot probably thanks to the wooden crate. This also comes to show why sometimes systems shows up defected. Those people who are delivering it does not care about whats inside box. They can damage it without you knowing during the time it is being shipped.

Moving on to the system itself I had no problems so far. The people at Origin PC already set up the OS so I just started downloading and playing games. My system generate quite a bit of sound which does not bother me since I use a headset.

Now what I had problems with during this order. I ordered this system around Black Friday expecting some pretty good deals. One deal was if you order a system OVER $3000, you get a free Chroma Keyboard that comes with it. I chose this deal and submitted my order. I checked my receipt and noticed a problem. Everything was correct in there expect for the special offer. Instead of showing that I am getting a Chroma Keyboard, it shows that I ordered it with a taipan mouse which was another deal for systems UNDER $3000.

I contacted Origin and my Sales Representative about it, but never got a real response. The Sales Representative replied to my emails 1-2 after I sent them and sometimes even longer. My Sales Rep told me that he'll send some pictures of my system in progress through Twitter or Instagram. I told him my Twitter but he did not send anything. The problem with my Chroma Keyboard never got resolved either. I sent an email to my Sales Rep stating that I had selected the Chroma Keyboard deal instead of the Taipan Mouse and he never replied. To this I thought he had helped me make the change already. The Chroma Keyboard never arrived with my system. I am not trying to bash Origin PC in any kinds of way but people have to realize that when a person orders online, especially something of high value they would want it to be handled and done correctly. If Origin PC could not keep up in demand to send my the Keyboard, they could have told me instead and we can make out a deal to switch it to something else. I don't want to feel like I am being ignored.

Overall, for my first custom-built PC it was done well. Though there were issues, I'd say if you plan to buy an Origin PC, I would recommend it, but if something is wrong in your order KEEP MESSAGING THEM and KEEP CONTACTING THEM until you get it changed.

Rep reply posted Dec-31-2015

originpc, Origin PC rep has responded

“Hello,

My name is Jamie. I am the customer service manager here at ORIGIN PC. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Feedback is very important to us.
I looked into your order. The e-mails to the sales team I reviewed do not mention missing a keyboard. I then asked the sales manager to look into it further. It appears that you received a free mouse instead of a keyboard. This could be a mix up with a promo. I apologize for this. We going to have a keyboard sent to you. Please feel free to keep the mouse that you were sent for your inconvenience.
Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me directly at jamie_shallenberger@originpc.com with any other questions or concerns. I will always be happy to help.

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC”

2015-12-28

By far the best custom high end computer company left!

"I HAVE FOR MANY YEARS BUILD MY OWN COMPUTERS BUT NOW THAT I AM OLDER, I WANTED TO LEAVE THIS TO THE EXPERTS. I AM A FORMER LONGTIME ALIENWARE FAN, BUT SINCE DELL HAS PURCHASED IT THE TRUE ENTHUSIASTS BUILDING THE MACHINES WERE GONE AND I STARTED SEARCHING FOR ANOTHER FIRM. I BOUGHT FROM TWO COMPETITORS OF ORIGIN; IBUYPOWER AND XIDAX BEFORE FINALLY ORDERING WITH ORIGIN. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH OF HOW OUTSTANDING THE EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN. THE SYSTEM CAME AS WELL BUILT AS IT COULD BE AND WITH WINDOWS ALREADY LOADED, TESTED AND HELP FILES ON THE DESKTOP. ALL THE OVERCLOCKING WAS IN ORDER AND NOT JUST DONE IN THE BIOS AS THE COMPETITORS DID AND CAUSED MAJOR ISSUES. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND ORIGIN FOR THE ENTHUSIAST, AND THEIR PRICES ARE QUITE REASONABLE CONSIDERING THE EXCEEDINGLY GOOD PRODUCT AND SERVICE YOU WILL RECEIVE, GO ORIGIN!"

This review was modified by pdonegan15 on January 16 2016 10:17:00 AM

2015-12-18

""Origin Experience" = meh

First of all, I am not a gamer. I run my own accounting business and have always purchased
high-end business machines. I have purchased Alienware (Dell), Digital Storm, and now Origin as my previous three computers over the last 10 years. Alienware and Digital Storm both gave me the runaround after I placed my order and missed their promised delivery dates by wide margins. Each company had an "excuse" for missing the delivery date, most of them having to do with backordered parts. So, when I placed my order from Origin, I already had some experience.

On Nov 30, I called Origin and the sales department looked over my proposed configuration. The sales rep said the configuration was fine and there should be no build problems. The ship date was set at Dec. 14th, but the rep said that most orders are shipped well before the ship date. I told him I needed the new machine before the end of the year for depreciation purposes
(a Federal and IL combined tax savings of approximately $2600 on my $6300 machine. Having learned the hard way from Dell and Digital Storm, I did purchase some of the components on my own to install when the computer arrived, to avoid the dreaded "backorder" excuse. I purchased the 5 -4TB WD Blace hard drives from Newegg and had them in three days with free shipping and saved $400 by not having Origin supply them. I was going to do this with other components also, but after reading a lot of Origin review, I thought they would be different from their competitors.

The day after my order, I received an e-mail from Jake welcoming me to the "Origin family" and promising me updates and pictures during the building process. I e-mailed him back and again stated my need for the delivery prior to year end. His response was that he would inform the production department about the need but saw no problem with the scheduled shipping date of December 14th. The progress reports and pictures sound nice, but there are just three statuses--ordered, processing, and shipped In other words, after your credit card payment is accepted we will build your unit and not tell you anything until it is shipped. Wow--talk about being kept in the loop! I never did get any pictures either, but it would probably have been a picture of a credit card, then a factory, and finally a UPS truck.

On the date it was to be shipped, I got an e-mail from Jake saying that a "slight backlog due to high demand" would delay my order by A WEEK. I was just notified on the day it was to be shipped--did they not know this a week or ten days before? Then, when I responded, I received an e-mail on Dec 15th saying that the delay was due to "a backorder on the RAM." Two different excuses in two days--that is a new record in my experiences.

When I again expressed my concern about receiving the unit by year end, I was told via email the following "If you would like the system to arrive sooner, I recommend upgrading shipping, since you only chose UPS ground." UPS ground shipping was included free as part of the inducement to order, and if the order had been processed as promised, would have resulted in the unit being delivered already.

When my electric service is out for more than a day, the electric company issues me a credit. When my cable is out for more than a day, my cable company, though often maligned, issues me a credit. When businesses contract with individuals, there is often a "penalty clause" if the business does not fulfill is part of the contract in the specified time. Origin is not that type of business--in fact if you cancel your order you are charged a 20% restocking fee on the total order. Presumable this restocking charge would include a 20% fee on parts that were not in stock or backordered.

Origin is no different than Alienware or Digital Storm; they all talk a good game but do not walk it. It would be refreshing for one of the custom computer builders to man up and provide accurate shipping dates and timely information to their customers instead of treating them as an afterthought after the order is paid for.

I do expect the computer to be a good one when it finally arrives, which is why I gave the company 2 stars instead of one. I will amend this review after I have received and tested the product, but I am not holding out much hope for saving the $2600 on my taxes for this year.

This review was modified by JOHNHYNEK on December 18 2015 08:10:18 AM
Rep reply posted Dec-18-2015

originpc, Origin PC rep has responded

“Hello,

My name is Jamie. I am the customer service manager here at ORIGIN PC. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Customer feedback is very important to us.
Unfortunately, delays to custom builds do sometimes occur. If it does happen, ORIGIN PC always works in good faith with the customer to address it.
I have spoken with the sales manager. It looks like your system will be shipping out shortly and you should receive it before the end of the year. He stated that you were already informed, but would double check with the sales team.
Also, there are no restocking fees before delivery. Thus, you could cancel now without any penalty. You can read our Terms and Conditions here: https://www.originpc.com/legal/terms-n-conditions.aspx

Sincerely,
Jamie Shallenberger
Customer Service Manager
ORIGIN PC”

2015-12-14

"Exceeded my expectations!
I knew my laptop was going to be great, but once I received it I was blown out of the water with how well it performed. It's surprisingly quiet and stays cool even on your lap. The customer service I received through the whole process was also superb! They stayed in contact with me through the entire process and answered any questions I had quickly. Overall I'm glad to be part of the origin family as they take great pride in making high quality products while listening to their customer base. If you're out on the market for a new gaming computer I would highly recommend origin!

2015-11-25

"Fantastic company, I was struggling choosing a high end gaming laptop among Alienware, MSI and Origin PC, called up the local office in Australia, spoken to Timothy, 20 minutes conversation later, no doubt, Origin PC became my only choice :)

Big thumb up to Tim, his knowledge and honesty is beyond any sales rep I've ever spoken to. Dell/Alienware and MSI sales ppl are both from overseas call centre and sales script is the only thing they can read. Tim has told me all the background and stories for Origin PC , immediately, I made my decision to go with their EON17-X G-Sync.

Well, a $8000 laptop ain't a small number but they delivered the laptop to me within 10 days as they promised on their website, it's amazing, the performance of this laptop makes my old Alienware Area 51 like a toddler.

This morning I received the free kingston headset from Origin PC as a part of the promotion. I am so happy.

So yeah, it's being a pleasure of dealing with Origin PC Australia and hope they can continue their awesome service in the future.

2015-11-06

"The Millennium from Origin PC is without question the BEST computer out in the market right now. When it comes to style and performance these guys know what gamers want! Not to mention the customer support I received was phenomenal. Thank you Jake and everyone from Origin who made this dream rig possible.

2015-10-20

"I ordered the EON15-X Pro. It was really nice, because I could customize everything and get exactly what I needed. It has a really cool design and it's insanely fast! I couldn't be happier!
Their custom service are really good! They were very helpful and kept me informed during all the process. Once the system was completed, it was shipped very fast! I wasn't expecting it when it arrived! It was a really nice surprise!

2015-10-10

"I am rating my experience with the company and not the product itself as I have not received it yet. I went to origin after receiving a trouble plagued MSI premade that crashed the first day. I then decided to return it and try to find a company that would put out a product with features I want and provide the necessary QC process to make sure when I received it I would be able to use it without fear of failure. As always did the necessary research of reviews of the system and the negatives such as bulkiness and lack of battery life were not concerns of mine because I never use my laptop unplugged and when I do it is for exceptionally short periods of time. Company has good ratings on this site, so I took the plunge and ordered my EON17x. Let me begin by saying that everyone I have talked to has been friendly. They use a pleasant tone on the phone and they come across respectful during chat. I had two reps. One from the gear store who handled my extra ac adapter and another for the laptop. So general customer interaction is overall good but unfortunately this is overshadowed by a lack of dependability. You see when you give an estimated ship date, the consumer assumes that it will be the ship date barring any unforeseen exceptional circumstances. Not meeting that date should come with a detailed explanation and the best estimations as to when it will ship and a solution from the company as to how they will makes sure that the additional wait time is reduced. It's customer service 101. If you miss the ship date and have no idea how much longer it could be it does not give the customer a sense of confidence. Case in point. I was given an estimated ship date of 10/9. I was then told it was pushed back because my system was in integration and would ship after completing integration and passing QC. Naturally I asked how long before it shipped. I was told Integration takes 2-5 days and my rep had no idea how long it had been there, and therefore he could not give me a new ESD. As a customer that dropped a significant amount of money on a product, it is a little disconcerting. They have 3 statuses (pending, processing and shipped) but apparantly have multiple tiers through which the system processes. This is so frustrating. If you opt not to update the orders online showing each step of processing and the dates they begin, then your staff should have some method of knowing and relaying that info to the customer. But this is not an uncommon occurrence almost all of their Origin Anticipation forum entries have this last minute notification of the ESD being pushed back. It is almost surreal to read. The moderators even joke about it. It is hard for me to comprehend with 24 years of Customer Service experience. Traditionally the best practice would be a conservative ship date and regularly shipping it earlier so that it looks like you went the extra mile. My only explanation is that they are afraid if they give actual ESDs they will lose customers so they set an arbitrary date and then just notify people on the last day and bank on them just accepting it because of the money they have tied up and the fact the remaining time is probably less time than they could get a system elsewhere. It really is just a poor practice. It makes me the customer feel that you have no concern about meeting my expectations. It works obviously(I am waiting the extra time and they have my money) but it makes for frustrating customer service experience. It also makes me have to hope that this same disinterest doesn't extend to the Quality Assurance and Testing departments. So in short when you order from this company do not expect to have your system near the expectations given by the ESD. Add a week to be safe. If the system is as good as I hope I will bump it to 4 stars. But so far it has been a 3 star experience. If the system has issues it will be a 2 star.

Edit: I stand by my original assertion that there needs to be more precise communication of ship dates and delays, but my system only shipped one business day later than originally stated so bumping it to four stars. So hopefully the company will accept the criticisms as constructive to improve future interactions.

Edit: Just realized they shipped it two days to make my receipt date the same. Therefore I am bumping to 5. Still want to emphasize, an improved order tracking system and better communication would be a benefit to everyone, but have to give kudos for the good customer service to get my machine here the day I expected it.

2015-10-01

"I just wanted to say how this is the best laptop i've ever owned. It meets and exceeds my expectations and satisfaction. Its got everything i could dream of and more and i wanna thank everyone at Origin that made it possible for me to have such a great computer.I've been recommending you to all my friends and family. And I hope to buy a new Desktop from you guys someday real soon."

Share Origin PC's store rating

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,638 merchant members.