Stores > Origin PC

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.54/10 8.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.36/10 8.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.86/10 8.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.16/10 8.16/10
Voice your opinion! Review Origin PC by clicking a star below.
2017-07-05

Origin Review

"The service was efficient and everything came working."

2017-07-03

GOOD WEB buying experience.

"I haven't received my order yet but I have to say that the service so far has been exceptional. It's like building the machine myself without the hassle. All of the parts I wanted on my PC were available from your selections. Including the GeForce 1080 Ti video card. To be able to have you build it the exact way I wanted it is perfect. A little mix up with my credit card was handled professionally. I just can't wait till I receive it."

2017-06-29

My experience was BELOW expectations

"I decided to purchase a speedy laptop since my 9 years also sony vaio is dying on me. When I came across Origin PC and saw their attractive gaming laptop, I was sold. I was satisfied with the base configuration (precisely suited my needs for a laptop.) I placed my order and within few hours received a personal sales representative, which was a good thing since you don’t get such a treatment from Dell, Acer, Sony, etc. I was told that my shipping date would be on June 12, and on June 12 I received an e-mail stating that my system is running through final checks. My order was delayed by 2 business days, however, I was surprised that my sales representative did not automatically e-mail me my shipping information, and that I had to inquiry the status of my laptop twice. In addition, I paid for UPS Worldwide Express but Origin PC shipped it via UPS Worldwide Saver. One month has passed since I placed my order and until now no refund has been credited to my credit card.

I did receive the laptop and was very impressed with the quality of the laptop, only to be disappointed that Origin PC did not bother installing Adobe PDF reader, flash player, Winzip, etc. on my laptop, so I had to do all these things myself which did consume time and cause dissatisfaction. This is not what I expect from a boutique company. Furthermore, the “Readme” Manual placed on my desktop did not contain information on how to control my fan speed, use the illuminated keyboard, how to use the FN keys (I only learned that the manual existed in the box that comes with the Recovery USB. Now usually I throw this stuff after purchasing a new laptop but fortunately for me I decided to read the document rather than tossing it in the bin.) Technical support staff is good.

Overall I’m pleased with my laptop, however, the service provided to me was below expectations (especially for a boutique company.) I would definitely not recommend Origin PC and recommend to shop with other companies.

Rep reply posted Jun-30-2017

A rep from Origin PC, originpc, has responded

“Thank you for your feedback and for bringing your concerns to our attention. It is greatly appreciated. My name is Randolph and I am the Customer Service Manager. Customer feedback is very important to us, both good and bad and we use that information to make appropriate changes. I have looked in to the shipping issue and see that the appropriate refund was already processed back to your form of payment. Also, as a “boutique” shop, we usually refrain from installing third party software in the systems unless specifically requested by the customer. I have sent you an email directly so please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. ”

2017-06-28

Top Notch Products / 5 Star Service

"Buying an Origin PC laptop was one of the best retail experiences i have ever had.
Every small detail was covered beit technically or commercially. Hector was great in providing me with sound advice about my selections and constant updates about the status of my build. I even recieved the laptop swoftly and ahead of the scheduled time. Other than the retail experience, i have been using the pc for 2months and its the best peice of technology i have ever owned. It ravages anything i throw at it. And to put icing on the cake, the Aftersales service is really 5 star stuff. I have used them a couple of times and they are very professional, they open a case and follow it up until its closed. I hope ill never use that but if i would, its nice to have that peace of mind for when something goes wrong.
Overall, i recommend anyone to go with origin pc, and i find that its worth every dollar if you add up the product quality will th the procurement experience and the aftersales service.

2017-06-12

ABSOLUTELY STELLAR!

"First and foremost i want to thank Jacob Netta for doing exactly what his title says, Sales representative, for representing a company such as Origin i can imagine the pressure to uphold the standards, reputation and business expectations. I could not be more PLEASED with my purchase from Origin as well as the compensation i received with a minor delay that the Origin technical department found with my machine, updated me and addressed the issue. I am a new streamer on Twitch and i needed this PC to do exactly what it has done for me so far, WORK, i plugged in all my peripherals and such, turned it on and have had no issues AT ALL, it simply just worked and it FEELS AMAZING to have something you have invested your hard earned money into work as good as this, Thank you Jake and thank you Origin PC."

2017-06-10

Phenomenal Service

"Called in with an issue with my RAID1 config. Windows Creator update caused an issue with an Android drive .sys file. Blue screened me. Contacted Tech support. Awesome hold music first off. Was only hold briefly Before David came on the line and pretty much had my issue solved within a minute or two. Great conversation, Exceptional Customer Service, Phenomenal Tech Support!"

2017-06-08

A Great looking and working machine.

"Origin PC provided me with a great looking and working machine. I am glad to have chosen Origin PC."

2017-06-06

Awesome Technical Support!

"I had amazing help from Robert, Iggy, and especially Sean!
I was put through the ringer though. Just to get the RGB lights to actually work, and work with the Sentinel software.
My biggest complaint would be the lack or inconsistent communication with the Customer (me). I was the one that had to keep emailing and calling, just to find out any updates, or why someone had not gotten back to me about a particular issue.
I wish the shipping crate could be unscrewed on all sides, so it can be stacked. That was the first, and biggest problem. You are expected to hang on to a large wooden crate. What if someone else like me, doesn't have any place to store the crate?
I was told from day one, I could throw it away, because I had no where to store it. BIG mistake! Then I had a particular Technical Support Representative tell me "well...didn't you read the poster that came with your computer?"
When I called to speak with Sales before making my initial purchase, I was never told, or even encouraged a little to purchase the extended warranty. I was also not told of the benefits of getting the "Evolve" coverage.
However, the nice folks at Origin stepped up and took care of all of that. At my own cost, which was mostly my own fault, but I am glad I have all of that now.
I had to send in my PC to get the RGB control board replaced, again. I thought that I would have my graphics card upgraded to a 1080 ti FE, and add a second, larger SSD.
When I got my PC back, there was a loose screw rattling around inside the PC Case. I have no idea where it was supposed to actually be, or if it was just left there by accident.
The new SSD I got, had not been formatted or initialized before I got it.
This lead to yet another long string of emails no phone calls to Origin's Technical Support.

With Sean on the phone, and remoted into my PC, he took care of the new SSD. He also had to uninstall, reinstall, and recover the Sentinel software several times before it finally worked.
Sean then ran the Benchmark Program, "Heaven", because he wanted to make sure everything was working with my PC, before I got off the phone. The Benchmark program ran, I started to smell an electrical type burning smell, and the GPU Temperature had reached 104 Degrees Celsius, and the metal Vent grate on the back of the card (where I connect the Display Port cable, was hot enough to burn my fingers when I touched it to see if there was any actual air flow coming out!
The GPU was replaced with another 1080 ti. Except it was from the manufacturer Zotac, which is fine, but nobody told or notified me that I would be getting a different brand card. A heads-up would have been appreciated as far as that.
The new GPU was running around 80 Degrees Celsius. No one from Origin, ever informed me that the Founders Edition cards, were apparently designed to run that hot. I had to find out, and research that on my own.
After much trial and errors, I was able to finally set all of the case fans, and the GPU fan to 65% and now it runs between 74-80 Degrees Celsius running the same Benchmark.

I know a fair bit about PCs, and have 17 years previously working in Technical Support. It's just my opinion, but a lot would have gone smoother if I as a Customer, who had paid a lot of money by this time had been forearmed with some of if not all of this information. Before purchasing it, and throughout the whole process up until today. I will probably wind up selling my upgraded Zotac card, just so I can get an aftermarket GPU that comes with two r three fans, to keep things cooler. Even though again, it's apparently designed to run that hot.
End this on a positive note.
The final decision to buy from Origin, was of the fact that they were the original Alienware Company/Team. The fact that they offer free 24/7 (most of the time) Technical Support that is actually in the United States, is unheard of!
I would say 99% of the people I spoke with went way way, above and beyond to help me. They also seemed to really care that I was satisfied. As opposed to the alternative which is the norm.

I can't say it enough, they have what other Companies either don't care about, or whatever, but their Technical Support people really do provide a very valuable service for their Customers, and seem to really care.
Thank you all again, for all of the help!

2017-05-31

Noise is an issue

"Overall I had a descent experience with Origin PC and I would somewhat recommend them but only if you don’t want to build your own PC. It is far better to build your own PC, if you know what you are doing, than going with a boutique builder or pre-built system. You might even consider highering someone. I believe Microcenter charges a $50 premium to put together a system you purchase from there store and that is far less than amount I paid. In January of 2017 I was debating to build or buy and decided to buy my first system (I needed a total of four). So here are the pros and cons of my Origin PC experience:
Pros:
1. Computer arrived in relatively timely manner
2. Shipping packaging was excellent
3. No surprises on prices or parts
4. Sales rep was okay
5. Machine worked well
6. No mistakes in configuration (except one see cons on fans)
7. Installation and cable management was excellent
Cons:
1. Machine was very loud due to 80mm fan in the hot swap 5 bay tray. I contacted tech support but all their suggestions did not work. This fan cannot be disabled permanently. I tried everything including reaching out to the manufacturer, so eventually I just took it out and the noise level dropped from 95 decibels to 63 decibels. This was a very irritating issue and even though the 5 bay tray is valued at about $100 it was worth pulling it out, but note that’s a $100 wasted.
2. I paid about $900 premium over what it would have cost me to build the machine.
3. The Sentinel software which controls the LED lights is very unstable under Windows 10. Again I contacted tech support and we tried everything before I simply gave up on the software and stopped using it.
4. Front USB ports are pointed away from you making insertion a bit clumsy
5. Case can only hold 120mm fans
6. All fans were attached to the motherboard instead of the internal fan controller, so I ended up wasting time with tech support trying to figure out why my front fan controller knob wasn’t working.

2017-05-30

NEURON PC BUILD REVIEW

"I just received my new Neuron PC last week, everything arrived in perfect condition and packaged very well. The PC turned right on and I was able to start working right away. Super Fast! Everything was professionally installed and looks great! This is my first custom built PC and I'm very glad I went with it. My Rep at Origin was very informative and helpful whenever I asked a question, kept me updated until I received my PC.

I'm very happy with my purchase and would do so again. Origin has been great and glad to have their support!

Thanks again!

2017-05-29

Amazing company, and great support

"This is the best company when it comes to having support for your machine. I've twice had issues, and both times they have taken complete care of me without any hassle. I'm very glad I purchased from them. Amazing computers, with amazing support."

2017-05-26

Greatly surpassed all expectations

"To start off explaining my experience, I went through what I'm sure every person (novice or expert) has and will continue to go through as they go down the journey of purchasing either their first computers, replacements, or additional computers with better specs. The only difficult part, in my opinion, was the small learning curve with the Origin software which only takes about an hour to fully understand if you're an experience PC user. Aside the set up, The Genesis PC performs so well that I barely touch the macbook and previous computers I've used for specific tasks. I guess you can say I've turned it into the mother-ship of my entire lab. Overall, I'll always recommend Origin PCs to everyone I know, especially enthusiasts that love to stream on Twitch and create content for Youtube. "

2017-05-23

Glitches Everywhere, Support Nowhere - UPDATED

"I have a $2,300 Origin PC laptop which I purchased 6 months ago. When I first got it, Pro Tools wouldn't work, saying the specs weren't high enough, which they were. Various other issues like Photoshop, audio interfaces, and even Web browsers crashed on launch. Fans stayed on high around 50% of the time.

Set it aside for a month or two to keep using my old MacBook.

Called support and they spent a long time changing a ton of settings to get some basic functionality out of it. Ended up just reverting back to the OS+Origin extras that it shipped with.

Photoshop and audio interface still didn't launch, so I set it aside.

Left it on a shelf for 4 months and went back to my MacBook.

Mac starts giving me trouble last week, so I try using the Origin PC. Same issues.

Emailed support 3 times this week, still no response. Called 24/7 customer support 8 times over 3 hours yesterday, no answer, still no response.

This has been the most frustrating and disappointing purchase of my life. I wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

I don't mind the computer having issues, but the problem not being solved really stinks. Feeling ignored by customer support stinks most.

Responding to Origin response: I received a call the day after I called numerous times. Their call came around an hour after I left a bad review. Their main concern was having me change my review.

Update: Still having issues with PC, called support and no one is answering. WORST CONSUMER EXPERIENCE I've ever had. Upon new installation of Windows 10, no video output working. During install of drivers, NVIDIA installer says it can't find a video card. AVOID ORIGIN PC.

Rep reply posted May-24-2017

A rep from Origin PC, originpc, has responded

“My name is Randolph Roy and I am the Customer Service Manager. Thank you for taking my call earlier and discussing your experience with me. ORIGIN PC works hard to provide the best experience possible for its customers and feedback, whether good or bad, is always helpful. As we discussed over the phone, I did investigate the calls and our records show that our agents tried to contact you that evening and left a couple of voicemails and a follow up email. I am sorry that you did not receive them. Concerning the issues with your computer, you are still within warranty and we will always be ready to assist with anything needed. You have my direct information so please feel free to contact me with any more questions or concerns.”

2017-05-19

Great service

"They forgot my anti virus key, but i didnt tealize until 5 mos later, while the "wannacry" malware was in the news. Sent me my key, with no hassle! Thank you."

2017-05-18

My Origin Genesis Computer purchase experience

"My experience with this purchase was remarkable. Jake from Origin kept me informed during the build out and after shipping. My computer arrived in excellent condition thanks to the wooden armor crate that it was shipped in. The crate had received damage in the form of a gouge in the side apparently from a forklift fork the cardboard inner package was scored but not penetrated. My system was easy to setup and all programs and items requested were installed properly. I had one small issue with one of the vouchers not working but Jake and the support department got that corrected very quickly. I would highly recommend this company, and will definitely use them again in the future. Definitely a 10/10 "

Share Origin PC's store rating

Origin PC is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Origin PC is a merchant member
Origin PC participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,384 merchant members.