• Nuts.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

"Very disappointed with my last order. I ordered on Feb. 12 got a confirmation, shipping date of the 13 and arrival on the 18th. On the 21st I called to see where it was and they said they cancelled it due to not being able to verify my address (no phone call, email, or text)(also same address they sent the last order to....duh). Bottom line I never got the order....they never contacted me....also their solution was that I was more than welcome to place another order...thanks...but I'll shop somewhere where the customer is appreciated and honestly dealt with....goodbye nuts."

modified review This review was modified by biggred474 on February 22 2015 03:26:39 PM

"I'm a snack person. I like having healthy options in my desk, car, cupboard, etc. so I'm not tempted to go eat things that aren't so healthy. And these guys met every expectation I could have had.

The website is easy to navigate and understand. Their branding is great! (I'm a designer...so it impressed me). I was thoroughly satisfied with every product I've ever ordered from them. Their shipping is prompt. And the pricing was as good or better than buying locally. Overall, I can honestly say I'll definitely be purchasing again.

" I am very, very disappointed in the very poor customer service given when my son called in to talk about the large green bug and bug sack found in the products I ordered for him for Christmas !!! A woman named Jane answered and when told my order had bugs she actually laughed. NOT FUNNY ! She said it happens sometimes. IT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN !!! When asked if someone else to talk to, she said no, she was hired to answer the phone and she was the only one to talk to. I will never order from Nuts.com again. This was just TOO much. It was bad enough getting very poor customer service, but for a Christmas order ? I sent a pic of the bug. Tasty Huh ? I was to get a refund. Finally got a partial refund on 12/29/14. Two refunds of $4.99. Order was $74.44. Threw out the whole bag of product. Stale and unsafe to ingest. Never again purchasing from this store !!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by nuts.gone on January 06 2015 04:59:02 AM

"I ordered Red Pistachios and I am very pleased. They are so delicious and will purchase from them again in the future. The shipping was very quick had my pistachios in two days. Extremely quick service. I will recommend this company to everyone. One very happy customer."

"I ordered sweet creame almonds from Nuts.com. The almonds have a sweet cream coating and are very crunchy. The order I received was very poor quality. The nuts were stuck together in a big blob and were stale tasting. I called customer service and she grabbed a bag of sweet creme almonds and tasted them and said they tasted bad and to ship them back. Ity cost me $10.00 to ship them back at my costs. This was the worse tasting almonds I have ever tasted. I will never order anything from these jokers again. You got me once but you won't get me again. Don't order anything from these crooks."

modified review This review was modified by ervincawthon on October 23 2014 06:49:58 AM

"I ordered from this store several times in the last 3 years. Generally I was quite satisfied with the products. Only once or twice nuts were over-roasted and way too salty, and I was given refunds.

The reason why I give only 2 stars is a recent negative experience with a product and subsequent review posting that has undermined trust in this company.

I ordered black sesame seeds that, when added to cereal, revealed that most seeds in the bag were dyed with a black stain that was released, leaving many white and brown seeds, and very few black ones. This is a common problem with batches from other vendors, probably due to shortcuts by producers and wholesalers adding cheaper dyed seeds to make a bigger profit. These seeds, even the organic varieties sold by Nuts.com, originate from India or China. The dye is not listed in the ingredients, so I am not sure whether it is safe. These are raw seeds, so they shouldn't be roasted.

Due to this experience I submitted a negative review on the company's website, but it was never posted. The company only posts positive reviews.

This quality issue and the fact that my negative review was never posted has undermined my trust in the company's products, and especially the organic label (certified by whom ?) that always comes with a steeply higher price. I am sure Nuts.com has been growing fast and is making lots of money from health conscious customers. It seems they are growing too fast and have to make up demand with diluted products.

One more thing. There are multiple 5 star review for the store posted to resellerratings on 11-11-18, very suspicious.

modified review This review was modified by TFK55 on September 28 2014 08:47:56 AM

"Update: I think they have resolved this successfully. Time will tell!"

modified review This review was modified by Shannon-K on July 01 2014 11:30:24 AM

"First, the good. Their proportions are respectable for their pricing. Some items are great as well. Some are just really bad and how do you know when that is going to happen? Toasted coconut that is almost burnt. One order of pumpkin seeds that have so much salt you almost go into shock and I love salt. I complained and was told they are normal. I complained again and was told to order the ones with regular salt not the extreme salt. I have this in writing! If they have extreme salt than why not say that on the web site!!??!! I saw pumpkin seeds in the shell so I ordered, who knew they were extreme salt and not normal?
There are so many businesses' that do not argue with you when you are unhappy, why do business with one that does? After first telling me the salt was normal and then telling me it was extreme salt, then arguing with me about how the wording on the product is misleading I was credited $5 but I had to pay another $10 in shipping to get the order where the $5 was taken off?!?!? Never again for me or anyone I know. In fairness I will point out that their shelled pumpkins seeds are great and their diced coconut is also great. I also really like their resealable and colorful bags. I am sure they have other great items but not worth the crap shoot to me and I do not like retailers that argue with me when I am not happy. Especially when it is just one $5 item from an order, just replace it and ship it for free and keep me happy.

modified review This review was modified by n2wata on December 06 2013 01:38:13 PM

" Perhaps the most overhyped company in the U.S. Lots of rah rah then phone banks of minimum wage people taking orders. Twice in a row, that is two years running they have shipped me fruit pectin that was just BUNK. There is no recourse with these rat sellers. They make you pay return shipping and hand out a line of B.S. about " quote"other people use it. So don& buy the lousy weak pectin from these frauds. Besides they include a bag of over sulphered nuts with each order, big whoop. We throw the lousy preserves away as they stink of sulpher. These folks run a racket, beware..."

"This is my second order from http://nuts.com. While the first order I placed came the next day ( NJ to NJ shipping) this order is now on day 7 (5 business days). Called the customer service and while very apologetic they are not helpful at all, saying they need to verify the package is lost in USPS system. They refused to cancel my order and ship out a replacement order. Very frustrated! Will find another source to buy dried fruit"

modified review This review was modified by morbidz on July 23 2013 09:37:57 AM

"Terrible customer service. I ordered two bags of organic cacao beans. They were terrible. They are nothing like what is advertised on the web site. They were wet, bad tasting and impossible to peel. When I called customer service I was first offered to send them back at my expense then after a long discussion I was honered store credit . I insisted to get a refund. It took 30 minutes discussion with several people to convenience them that the product is bad. Finally the refund was accepted but I haven't received an email confirmation yet.

I am an old customer of nuts.com. (it used to be nutsonline.com) It seems like they also changed quality of their products and customer service when they changed their domain name. I googled reviews and saw that they indeed have terrible reviews. I am not going to order from them than again.

modified review This review was modified by anotherunhappycustomr on July 12 2013 10:51:52 AM

"I placed my order late on Wednesday night, and with their regular delivery it arrived on my doorstep by 9:37 AM on Friday. "

"I placed an order with nuts.com - they shipped me two orders. When I phoned they told me they not only shipped two orders, but they had charged me for two orders. They said to clear the matter I would have to print out a label, send back one of the boxes via UPS, and they would then release the funds.

The box of nuts was too large to fit in a UPS box - so I had to make a special five mile trip to the nearest UPS store to ship them back.

At no point did nuts.com offer any real apology, or any recompense for the inconvenience.

I shall be finding a new on-line merchant for nuts.

"I've ordered merchandise (almost always candy) from Nuts.com over the past couple of years, and have been completely satisfied without exception with the product quality, customer service, and speed of delivery. It was a pleasure each time I ordered, knowing that the transaction efficiency would be far above average. Most of my orders were for business associates and friends, but I couldn't resist buying some items--usually black licorice--for myself. Though I live in a major metro area, Washington, DC, many of the items that I wanted to order were not available in the city. The huge selection of high-quality products on Nuts.com allowed me to order just what I wanted for myself and others. Deliveries are lightning fast; in a couple cases I sent ordered items in the evening and the packages arrived the next morning! Just incredible. In terms of customer service, it's very gratifying to get an almost immediate and personal response from someone in the Nuts.com family when I have a question or comment. Really great responsiveness. Of all the online vendors that I've used, Nuts.com is the only one that can rate a 5.0 on my scale. Bravo! -Kevin"

modified review This review was modified by KevinDC on January 01 2013 07:28:27 AM

"TERRIBLE. I ordered multiple bags of dried fruit (bananas, apples, pears) and every bag was stale, or had ZERO taste at all. The bananas tasted like chalk. I emailed the company about the quality of the products and had no response at all from them. I ended up throwing every single bag away, as I was not going to waste another dollar shipping it back to them. I will never buy from them again - and don't recommend them to anyone else."

Share Nuts.com's store rating

Nuts.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Nuts.com is not a merchant member
Nuts.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!