Nuts.com Reviews - nuts.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.00/10 41 reviews

Nuts.com is not a merchant member
Nuts.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"First, the good. Their proportions are respectable for their pricing. Some items are great as well. Some are just really bad and how do you know when that is going to happen? Toasted coconut that is almost burnt. One order of pumpkin seeds that have so much salt you almost go into shock and I love salt. I complained and was told they are normal. I complained again and was told to order the ones with regular salt not the extreme salt. I have this in writing! If they have extreme salt than why not say that on the web site!!??!! I saw pumpkin seeds in the shell so I ordered, who knew they were extreme salt and not normal?
There are so many businesses' that do not argue with you when you are unhappy, why do business with one that does? After first telling me the salt was normal and then telling me it was extreme salt, then arguing with me about how the wording on the product is misleading I was credited $5 but I had to pay another $10 in shipping to get the order where the $5 was taken off?!?!? Never again for me or anyone I know. In fairness I will point out that their shelled pumpkins seeds are great and their diced coconut is also great. I also really like their resealable and colorful bags. I am sure they have other great items but not worth the crap shoot to me and I do not like retailers that argue with me when I am not happy. Especially when it is just one $5 item from an order, just replace it and ship it for free and keep me happy.

modified review This review was modified by n2wata on December 06 2013 01:38:13 PM

" Perhaps the most overhyped company in the U.S. Lots of rah rah then phone banks of minimum wage people taking orders. Twice in a row, that is two years running they have shipped me fruit pectin that was just BUNK. There is no recourse with these rat sellers. They make you pay return shipping and hand out a line of B.S. about " quote"other people use it. So don& buy the lousy weak pectin from these frauds. Besides they include a bag of over sulphered nuts with each order, big whoop. We throw the lousy preserves away as they stink of sulpher. These folks run a racket, beware..."

"This is my second order from http://nuts.com. While the first order I placed came the next day ( NJ to NJ shipping) this order is now on day 7 (5 business days). Called the customer service and while very apologetic they are not helpful at all, saying they need to verify the package is lost in USPS system. They refused to cancel my order and ship out a replacement order. Very frustrated! Will find another source to buy dried fruit"

modified review This review was modified by morbidz on July 23 2013 09:37:57 AM

"Terrible customer service. I ordered two bags of organic cacao beans. They were terrible. They are nothing like what is advertised on the web site. They were wet, bad tasting and impossible to peel. When I called customer service I was first offered to send them back at my expense then after a long discussion I was honered store credit . I insisted to get a refund. It took 30 minutes discussion with several people to convenience them that the product is bad. Finally the refund was accepted but I haven't received an email confirmation yet.

I am an old customer of nuts.com. (it used to be nutsonline.com) It seems like they also changed quality of their products and customer service when they changed their domain name. I googled reviews and saw that they indeed have terrible reviews. I am not going to order from them than again.

modified review This review was modified by anotherunhappycustomr on July 12 2013 10:51:52 AM

"I placed my order late on Wednesday night, and with their regular delivery it arrived on my doorstep by 9:37 AM on Friday. "

"I placed an order with nuts.com - they shipped me two orders. When I phoned they told me they not only shipped two orders, but they had charged me for two orders. They said to clear the matter I would have to print out a label, send back one of the boxes via UPS, and they would then release the funds.

The box of nuts was too large to fit in a UPS box - so I had to make a special five mile trip to the nearest UPS store to ship them back.

At no point did nuts.com offer any real apology, or any recompense for the inconvenience.

I shall be finding a new on-line merchant for nuts.

"I've ordered merchandise (almost always candy) from Nuts.com over the past couple of years, and have been completely satisfied without exception with the product quality, customer service, and speed of delivery. It was a pleasure each time I ordered, knowing that the transaction efficiency would be far above average. Most of my orders were for business associates and friends, but I couldn't resist buying some items--usually black licorice--for myself. Though I live in a major metro area, Washington, DC, many of the items that I wanted to order were not available in the city. The huge selection of high-quality products on Nuts.com allowed me to order just what I wanted for myself and others. Deliveries are lightning fast; in a couple cases I sent ordered items in the evening and the packages arrived the next morning! Just incredible. In terms of customer service, it's very gratifying to get an almost immediate and personal response from someone in the Nuts.com family when I have a question or comment. Really great responsiveness. Of all the online vendors that I've used, Nuts.com is the only one that can rate a 5.0 on my scale. Bravo! -Kevin"

modified review This review was modified by KevinDC on January 01 2013 07:28:27 AM

"TERRIBLE. I ordered multiple bags of dried fruit (bananas, apples, pears) and every bag was stale, or had ZERO taste at all. The bananas tasted like chalk. I emailed the company about the quality of the products and had no response at all from them. I ended up throwing every single bag away, as I was not going to waste another dollar shipping it back to them. I will never buy from them again - and don't recommend them to anyone else."

"I have placed a couple orders with nuts.com back when they were nutstoyou and had fair experiences with them untill I had an issue about shipping. Customer service was horrible. They gave me excuse after excuse as to why the shipping was so high. I just recently got an e-mail from them regarding a free product with an order of $25 or more. I followed the instructions to the T but the "free" item shows up as $6.99. I tried contacting them leaving several messages over a span of 3 days and still no response. They have lots of items but their customer service SUCKS and does their shipping costs."

"I just placed a order for Nuts.com,, I must say there the best ever!! fast shipping, cute bags that there products are in. So very fresh! And if you have any questions thee on it! Plan on getting all I need from them from now on.. I give them a five star!!!!"

"I ordered online from nuts.com they substituted without notifying me. The item I received actually ended up being a poison! I ended up in the hospital fighting for my life."

Rating 6/103/5

"I've ordered from Nuts.com twice now. The first time I was very impressed. However, the second time I had several issues. The biggest issue was the customer service. I was overcharged and I had to contact customer service 5 different times to get the issue resolved. This was very frustrating and not even worth the $3 issue.
Secondly, when I received my order one of the bags of nuts wasn't sealed properly and had spilled throughout the box. I ordered some wheat fig newtons. They were so great the first time, but the second order tasted very stale. So far, everything else seemed ok.
I'd have to rate their products inconsistent at best. Too bad as they have some really cool items and a great selection.

"I've had mixed experience with this company. I ordered porcini mushrooms from them few years ago and was very impressed: great mushrooms and the price was unbeatable. When i ran out of them recently i was not hesitating about ordering again. What i received was 2 packages of mushrooms covered in white spots. They call it something naturally occurring, i call it mold. I have picked and dried enough mushrooms in my life to know that if a fresh mushroom is picked and dried there won't be anything white on it. It seems that they sell cheap products and the quality is hit or miss: you may get lucky or you may not. They don't answer emails, you have to call if you have an issue. They did not mind it if i returned the product but the shipping here and back would be on me. When ordering from this company a person is taking a risk in my opinion: you may score or you may loose. I am staying away from them from now on.

I wonder if they changed their name from nutsonline.com because of all the bad reviews they received under that name? Well, the name may be different but the service is still the same.

modified review This review was modified by WhiteRussian on May 15 2012 02:54:51 PM

"This is only my second time but I will be back month after month. The fruit slices were very fresh and tender and I loved the bridge mix. Also the pumpkin seeds I bought last month for my grandson and this month for my son-in-law were the BEST I have ever seen and tasted. So pleased with a company that delivers as promised. Took me a few years and many other places but NUTS.com is the one I will always return to. See you next month. Thank you."

"I ordered a bag of cashews and a bag of macadamia nuts, both were extremely stale, and the free dried figs they threw in were uber dry and nasty. I emailed and asked what my options were and the reply I got was "we can give you a store credit." I complained and they said they could refund the cost of the product but not the $10.08 shipping cost. This is very disappointing. Why would a place that specializes in nuts send stale nuts???"