Goedeker's Reviews - goedekers.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Write a review »
Rating 6.67/10 454 reviews

Goedeker's is not a merchant member
Goedeker's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered a refrigerator for my rental beach cottage from Goedeker's in July based upon the price, their customer reviews and the promise of free shipping the week that I arranged. I followed every protocol they had in place to insure that my refrigerator would in fact arrive the week following Labor Day - a week that was free of renters. I checked back numerous times to make sure everything was schedule appropriately and the delivery would go smoothly. I was assured all was fine.

I took off a week from work without pay to be there to supervise the installation and hired my handyman to be on call that week as he would also be installing a new range that was delivered Wednesday of that week. I received emails stating that delivery was set for September 3rd and that the local trucking company would contact me. When no one contacted me I tried to find a number for the trucking company. Finally they contacted me and informed me they'd be delivering on Monday the September 9th when I'd have guests arriving from Germany and I would be back to work. As my handyman had already removed both my old range and old refrigerator in anticipation of both deliveries, obviously this was not a great situation! I now had no refrigerator and faced unhappy guests arriving to a house without a refrigerator.

I was completely frustrated especially after I was told by Goedeker's customer service that I should call the trucking company to resolve the issue. Considering it was Goedeker's fault that the trucking company had not received the appropriate delivery time frame, I was more than upset. It was not by job to try to fix things. Additionally, the woman in customer service had the audacity to suggest that I should perhaps drive 2 hours north to pick up the 400lb refrigerator. I not only don't have a truck or the strength or time to do so, but I PAID FOR DELIVERY!! It was beyond belief that she had made such a suggestion.

I continually got either no response via email or email asking if I'd resolved the issue when I repeated phoned and emailed them to explain they needed to fix things and get the refrigerator to me by the 6th at the latest as promised. After emailing the owner of the company I got a lame $100 refund offer. At this point I got really angry as I was now out a week's wages and had to pay my handyman and his assistant to pick up and install a loaner refrigerator a kind neighbor offered me. Additionally, as I needed to go ahead and install the new range (which DID arrive on time from another company I might add) I will have to pay my handyman to come back another day to install the new refrigerator and return the other one to my neighbor. Also, I now have to pay my housekeeper to wait all day for the delivery as I have to be back at work.

I'm out over $3000 at this point and they've only offered at this point a $220 refund. I would NEVER ever use this company again. I could have paid a little bit more for another company and I wouldn't have had these issues. In my estimation, if they are genuinely concerned about their reputation, they would offer to not charge me for the refrigerator at this point. Even though it's less than the amount of money I'm out, I'd be happy with that offer. It's the least they can do!!!

modified review This review was modified by TinaM51 on September 11 2013 10:57:32 AM

"I originally placed my order on Aug. 7, 2013 and told them that I needed my appliances by Aug. 19th for the contractors to install in a kitchen remodel. I was told that there would be no problem! I get an email Aug. 15th telling me that the exhaust hood was back ordered. I called customer service and asked when to expect the hood. They immediately told me that the email was a mistake. The Samsung range was back ordered and that the dishwasher and hood were at the warehouse. I cancelled the range. The man from Goedekers told me he would walk my order to the warehouse and get it on the truck and to expect it in 3-4 days. Today is Aug. 26 and I still do not have my goods that were promised. I will never ever order from this company again until they make this right!"

modified review This review was modified by YouYou on August 26 2013 04:32:02 PM

"I ordered a GE downdraft gas cook top and an electric GE oven and microwave combo from Goedeker's in September of 2012 to install in my new house. The appliances came in a very timely manner and were in excellent condition. I live in a rural area, so it took me a while to find a good installer, but once I did, he installed every appliance without any trouble. Since that time all the appliances have worked well and reliably. I loved Goedeker's prices, name brands, and fast shipping. I'm very happy with my appliances. I'll definitely order from Goedeker's again."

modified review This review was modified by rebkoneig on July 09 2013 09:27:04 PM

"Took a couple of weeks before they shipped my oven, which was listed as being in stock. When it arrived, there appeared to be no external damage.

Installation was easy, but the igniter was dead on arrival. So the thing wouldn't even light the gas. Also, the broiler door scrapes against the oven body, tearing the porcelain coating off the metal. Can't forget to mention the lack of a silicone seal on the broiler door either. Quality product from Summit.

Now Goedeker's people are faffing about, trying to pass the buck onto several other manufacturers (not just Summit) to handle the repair. Essentially giving us the run-around, and wasting days of my life.

Goedeker's ought to be the ones making sure they have authorized service people available in the areas they sell products to, not us.

Their philosophy as stated on the website is "We believe everything we do should be for the greater glory of God. Our priority is to serve our fellow man to the best of our ability. We want our customers to see Christ in us and in everything we do." They just don't seem to live up to that anymore.

modified review This review was modified by anonymoushurrdurr on June 05 2013 04:13:43 PM

"Bought a Samsung dryer and it works great. Delivered on time and in perfect condition. My family and I have shopped at Goedekers for years and have always been very happy. A+ service and great prices!"

modified review This review was modified by cbw12 on May 14 2013 08:27:47 PM

"Excellent price and great customer service. Couldn't be happier! Have bought many items before and will definitely be back "

modified review This review was modified by phil6268 on May 13 2013 02:50:14 PM

"I love shopping online and I do buy most of my stuffs from Amazon.com. This time, I want to experience with a different store and I found Goedeker's Store. I am very disappointed after things happened after I placed my order.
I ordered the refrigerator, double wall oven, counter top gas cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer from them on 3/8/13. They did not ship my order until 20 days later, that was 3/28/13. Their reason was that the washer that I order was discontinue and they have to look around the whole country to see if there is any one left. They finally located one left and they waited to receive this item at their warehouse so that they can ship all together.
First of all, if I knew that the washer is a discontinued item, I would not order it. No one wants to buy things that are discontinued unless there is a big discount. Their price may be 25% off. I could buy at local store with 50% discount if the item is discontinued. I did not receive my order until today April 16.

This is what happened:
1) Once you placed your order, you are stuck with it. You can't change your order because you will be charged with 30% restocking fee even if they haven't shipped your order yet.
2) When I receive my order, there is some dents on the back of my refrigerator and they don't want give you a discount or take it back. They said that even there is a dent, it still work.
3) My double wall oven did not fit my cabinet although I carefully measure accounting to the manufacture. I called them and they checked the specification and I told them the spaces I have exactly what is required by the manufacture, they said it is not their fault or the manufacture's fault if it is not fit. They will charge me $700 restocking fee any way if I don't want to take it.

I don't think it is worth to order from this company because they will blame on you and force you to take responsibility even you follow all the requirements. They do whatever it take to make you keep the item even the item is cosmetically defected. They will charge you restocking fee of 30% and the shipping. It is not worth for the wait and the service from them.

modified review This review was modified by dhhdds2005 on April 16 2013 07:15:48 PM

"Shaky organization. My credit card was charged the date of the order, not the shipping date. Eight days later, the product has not shipped. Told that the product was on the way from the manufacturer to Goedeker's. Told that I should receive the product within another seven (7) days. I'm having a trust issue with Goedeker's. "

"Although the ice maker I ordered arrived broken (from shipping, box was dented) the replacement was sent immediately with no hassle. In fact this was one of the nicest customer service interactions I have ever had. I was treated as though I mattered, it really makes all the difference!"

"Couldn't be happier that I decided to order my new cooktop from Goedeker's. I am 100% satified in every way. Great price, delivery was faster than expected and customer service was phenominal. Goedeker's deserve extra credit for the special extra layer of packing to protect my purchase. I watched the FedEx guy roll the box off the back of the truck but there was no damage thanks to the extra layer of protection. I would definitely order from this company again and recommend them to anyone else."

"We purchased the Profile Gas Range and matching Microwave. Due to a combination of events, (some things our fault) the range was damaged. We thought that we were going to have to bear the brunt of the experience when Chelsea of Customer Service came to our rescue. This company truly proved to us that they intend to honor God with what they do. Chelsea was our advocate and got us a good deal. Her actions made the difference between us never using Goedeker's again and being completely satisfied. Thanks Chelsea for all that you did for us and Goedeker's -an honorable company through and through. We look forward to recommending Goedeker's and using them the next time we need an appliance. God Bless all at Goedeker's!
Chris & Tracey from Colorado.

"Ordered a dishwasher and range; both coming very quickly. Customer service department was polite but did contact me with the same question at least three times. Would buy from them again!"

"I ordered appliances from Goedeker's to use in a kitchen remodel. For everyone that has been through this you know how stressful it can be. Well I am glad i chose them as the place to get them. They arrived on schedule and were delivered in perfect condition. The trucking company they contracted with could not have been better. Professional, worked around my schedule, helped unpack the items so I could inspect them and even offered to take away the packing.
I would recommend Goedeker's to anyone and will be sure to use them in the future.

Thank you for making my project a little less stressfull.

"Unbeatable pricing, personalized sales & service, and effective follow-up; not to mention it's a family run business and rooted in my belief system.
Thank you Goedekers!

"I bought a range through Goedeker'S . I wish I would have known about this company a long time ago. This was a very good experience . I would purchase from them again , my range came before the time I was expecting and in perfect shape , the delivery company call and set every thing up.. Great place to do business with.. "

modified review This review was modified by pauljackson14 on February 25 2013 02:25:20 PM