• Novosbed.com Novosbed.com Elite Status

• Address: #503, 1310 E. Ocean Blvd.
    • Contact: customercare@novosbed.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.57/10 9.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.52/10 9.52/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.95/10 9.95/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.61/10 9.61/10

"Overall I had a great experience with Novosbed. Like many of you out there I did 40+ hours of research before purchasing a mattress online. This was very tedious, but necessary b/c of all the junk out there. Novosbed lives up to the claim that their quality compares to Tempur Pedic. And I feel their mattress is well worth the price. I purchased the Aria King and my wife and I love it. You definitely sink in some, which is great because I am a side sleeper. The mattress is very comfortable and supportive. The smell after opening was minimal.
The customer service is great, the only reason I gave 4 stars is because they definitely mislead you on the "2 free pillow offer" Don't feel rushed b/c the "deal countdown" starts over repeatedly. They say the pillows are comparable to Tempurs $100 contour pillows. They are no were close, the pillows I received were very low-end, poor quality memory foam. Extremely light and just junky. It really surprised me b/c every other aspect of their company is top-notched. Their CEO really impressed me from the videos I watched and he seemed like someone I could relate to. He runs his business exactly how I would do it. Which is why I was even more surprised that the pillows were really just more of a gimmick then anything. My wife and I tried them a few nights then tossed them in the closet. 5 Stars on the Mattress, 1 Star on the pillows.

modified review Rep reply posted May-22-2015

“Hi jbergeron2981!
We are happy to hear your research led you to us! We appreciate that you chose us when there are so many others out there. Your positive experience with your new mattress means a lot to us. Thanks for the feedback on the pillows; we will take that to heart.”

"After diligent online research and discussion with my wife, who was a little nervous about purchasing mattress's online, I bought two Aria XL Twin Mattress's from Novosbed and found that not only did the online purchase go smoothly, the after sale follow up from their Customer Service was beyond compare. My wife and I would not hesitate to recommend Novosbed's wonderful products and service to our relative's, friends, or associates. Thanks, again to Caitlin and Sophie from Customer Service for their patience and cheerful manner.

Kind regards,
Reg and Bev. Coquitlam, B.C Canada

modified review Rep reply posted May-15-2015

“Hi Reg and Bev,

We're always happy to please. Thanks for the feedback and feel free to call us up any time to touch base!

Cheers,
Caitlin”

"Hard to believe I've had it over a year, but my mattress has been great so far. Ordering it was really easy--I was initially worried about picking the wrong firmness, but the staff were very helpful and I'm confident it wouldn't have been hard to exchange if so. (Actually a friend I referred to the company did exchange his, and found the process easy.) Set up was pretty simple (the hardest part was waiting 24 hours!) and it's been super comfortable ever since! A year later it's still in great shape. Would definitely recommend."

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“Thanks for recommending us to your friend, we value all referrals! One year down, many more to enjoy!”

"I bought a Novosbed Harmony twin mattress for my daughter, but she wanted something even softer. (We only found one discount mattress that was softer -- with only a three year warranty.) Novosbed accepted the return of the twin without hesitation. They were courteous, friendly and accommodating. I happen to love the Harmony, and ended up ordering a king size for myself. The mattress is incredibly comfortable -- it seems to disappear beneath me. Overall, Novosbed'sj customer service is second to none, and its products are outstanding. "

“Hi SebastianQ!
No matter the firmness a mattress cannot be "one type fits all". Its great to hear that your Harmony fits you and is relieving all pressure points!”

"I got my Novosbed Aria early last year and am so happy that I did. It took some getting used to, especially for my fiance, but once it broke in we were in heaven. I travel a lot for work and sleep on more mattresses than I can count and every time I'm away from home I can honestly say I look froward to coming home to my bed. It's a supportive but plush feel, I wouldn't call it soft or hard really. Somewhere in the middle. We definitely don't feel trapped in it like we have on other foam beds, it's pretty easy to move around on. The best thing for my fiance is that she can't feel me getting into/out of the bed with my odd hours.

The box was excessively large... it could have used some handles or double thickness cardboard. FedEx probably curses every time they have to deliver one of these suckers.

Very satisfied with this purchase and have since picked up a duvet from them for my mother in law for Christmas. Now that warmer months are coming, I'll be getting one for our bed as well.

And I just have to say it... they are great for non-sleeping activities.

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“Thanks for the feedback on packaging, it is very helpful! We actually have a team working on the redesign right now. Soon we will have a brand new Novosbed box coming to a house near you!”

"I received the Opus Pillow as a Christmas gift. I didn't know what the big deal was about a memory foam pillow until I tried it. I sleep in various positions and the pillow is comfortable no matter what position I'm in. The pillow is firm enough for support but soft enough for comfort. It's not too high which is nice because sometimes I like to sleep on my stomach. I suffered with neck pain until I received my pillow. As a senior citizen, there is nothing better than waking up pain free. I am so much more rested in the morning and I am sure it's because of my Novosbed pillow.

modified review Rep reply posted May-15-2015

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“Wow! ConFor what a great gift to be given! The right pillow is just as important to have as the right mattress!”

"I bought a Novosbed Aria for our spare bedroom for my sister in-law who lived with us for a few months. It is a heavy, solid, very comfortable mattress. My wife and I ended up sleeping on it for a few nights out of curiosity. We should have bought it for ourselves! The order process was painless. I spoke with someone at their office who was super helpful. It was left at our back door (no signature required by FedEx) 3 days later.

It is a heavy mattress - probably more than 100lbs. It was a workout to bring into the bedroom and a wonder that such a big mattress can fit in a box like that. We unrolled it onto the bed and it expanded over a few minutes. There was a very slight odor when we first opened it, but we aren't particularly sensitive and hardly noticed.

Novosed hasa lot of good reviews and I can see why. There were some where things went wrong, but it looks like the CEO got into fixing the issue and was transparent about it. that was a nice touch that I haven't seen before.

All in all, very satisfied and will recommend this company to my friends.

modified review Rep reply posted May-06-2015

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“Thanks for the review UncleOwlbow!

Happy to hear the Aria is suiting your needs to a tee. And we're here for you if you decide that you just can't live without one for yourselves.

Although we strive to provide excellent products and services, issues can arise from time to time. We do our very best to address customer concerns in a timely, efficient and transparent manner. It's helpful for prospective customers to see that we are here in case they have any, and we do encourage open communication at all times.

We wish you many great nights for all of your guests, and look forward to working with your friends and family in the future!

Novosbed Customer Care”

"I purchased the Aria bed in August of last year. And things were ok for a while. But over the past few months, the bed just feels softer and my back has felt worse. I contacted Novasbed.com but I was beyond the 120 night period. They told me to put in on the floor for more support.

Update: They contacted me and worked with me to a happy solution. I recognize that I was beyond the 120 day window, and they could have easily said "Sorry - it's our policty", but they didn't. I am blown away with how accommodating they were. This is a great company with amazing customer service.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-28-2015

“Hi ChristinaF,

We apologize for the confusion regarding the suggestion to try the mattress on the floor, it was offered as a step to narrow down the cause of your discomfort. Improper support underneath a memory foam mattress will transfer through the bed and cause misalignment. It was in no way intended to brush off the issue at hand, simply to gather more information to be able to come to a resolution; a first step at troubleshooting, if you will.

We have an industry leading, generous 120 days to trial the mattress to decide if the mattress is suitable to your needs, and we make every attempt to followup with our customers to ensure that there are no issues or concerns regarding their quality of sleep. It is our sincere regret that these issues were not brought to our attention during that time.

We would love to discuss your scenario further. Please feel free to contact us toll free at 1-877-496-3626 or by email at customercare@novosbed.com

Kind regards,
Novosbed Customer Care

Update 5/12/2015:
Hi Christina,

The last thing we wanted to do was to cause frustration for you! Our goal is to serve as customer advocates with hope that you will "always" feel validated. If our requests caused you to experience anything less than full support, we sincerely apologize.

We hope our final action to resolve this issue was most satisfying and we are certainly available if you ever choose to sleep with Novosbed in the future.

Regards,
Novosbed Customer Care”

"The Classic model ended up being a bit too firm so we called Customer Service to talk about our options & they suggested the softer one Aria. It was delivered in two days! When we had tested that one all we had to do is wrap the old one in the plastic the new one came in & let them know we were ready for them to pick it up. The next day a delivery service came!! It couldn't have been easier. The reps I dealt with were amazing! Would definitely purchase from Novosbed again & refer them to my friends & family!"

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-30-2015

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“Thanks for the feedback on the return process! It's very helpful to know that it's a quick and painless process so we're glad you shared your experience.”

"I was in the market for a better mattress, not knowing what was best for me, I contacted Novosbed customer service where I spoke with customer service rep Lisa, she recommended the Aria for my needs, which I purchased and received within a few days as promised, at this point I am very pleased with the service, product, and the followup to see if I was satisfied, which I am, thanks to Lisa's professionalism, I would recommend the Novosbed Aria to anyone. MIchael Dixon "

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-15-2015

“Hi MichaelJ.D.,

Thanks for your awesome feedback! We hope your satisfaction with Novosbed continues.

Please know that we're here with any future questions or concerns.

Warmest regards,
Lisa”

"It's now been almost a year since we purchased a Novosbed memory foam mattress in the soft version, king size, and it continues to amaze us the quality of sleep we were missing. Every day is a challenge, it's nice that each night, sleeping well is NO longer a challenge, and just so you know, we got rid of a very expensive spring mattress, less than 2 years old, after trying out our new Novosbed mattress for a week, and we haven't looked back. We appreciated the quick service then, and we continue to appreciate the quality of this mattress, for the price we paid...it was worth every penny. Thank you for an excellent product, and even better customer care!
Mike & Sandie
Dundas, Ontario.

modified review Rep reply posted Apr-09-2015

“Hi Mike and Sandie,

We greatly appreciate the time you took to update us on how your Harmony is going so far! Almost one year down, many more to come.

Sincerely,
Novosbed Customer Care”

"I ordered an Aria on January 15 and two shipping delays later I received it and followed the instructions. After three weeks of very poor sleep it is determined that the mattress is defective. I receive a replacement 12 days later. Turns out second Aria was also defective (did not inflate properly).

Specific issues that contributed to a lower rating in this review include shipping delay on the replacement, miscommunications in email correspondence, and of course six weeks of discomfort. I ultimately went with a different company.

Even though there were some misfires, I do feel that Novosbed's customer service is excellent. They gave me reasonable options to deal with the defects (including trying a third Aria) and handled all the logistics for removing the mattresses.

The only recommendation I have for anyone purchasing Novosbed (or any mattress over the internet) is to wait before buying any accompanying items like a foundation or a mattress cover. Wait until you are sure the mattress is not defective and/or works for you. Otherwise you may end up stuck with purchased items that are not compatible with the final outcome.

UPDATE 4/9/15: Novosbed reached out to me after reading my review and went the extra mile to resolve my concerns. They really wanted to do what they could to turn a negative experience into a positive and they succeeded. So kudos to Caitlin for your efforts.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-26-2015

“Hi RedwoodCoast,

I want to apologize for the trouble this has caused you, and thank you for being so patient with us while we've tried to fix these issues.

Our factory runs a tight ship with a strong quality control program and high manufacturing standards. We strongly assure you, and any customers for that matter, that defects are a rare occurrence for our products. When a customer is faced with any kind of defect we consider it to be a priority issue to be resolved immediately.

I have emailed you in regards to your billing issue, if it is a separate situation, please let us know so that we can rectify it immediately.

Kindest regards,
Caitlin H.
Team Lead, Customer Experience
Novosbed”

"Read lots of reviews, researched online, thought some reviews were canned - but I don't think so... My whole experience of ordering online with Novosbed was awesome, even if there was a snag for me (see below). I chose Novos over bedinabox and casper due to them being a local Canadian company in Edmonton. Yes, since most things like bed type, ratings, etc. were similar from these online companies, that made the difference to me... lol! So far, I'm only night one into my Aria King size mattress and it feels very comfortable for me to sleep on - I had one of the best sleeps in a while. Wife will need some time to adjust so we are hoping she's satisfied 60 days in. Small hiccup with my order: I had FedEx ground delivery for my home and some signals were crossed on weather a signature was required or not at the door - it was inputted as not required from myself and Novosbed customer service, but FedEx marked the shipment as one was required. Shipment was missed at my home. I would have slept on the couch for the night if it wasn't for great customer service. Novosbed fixed the issue and I received the mattress later the same evening, after hours. Customer service and follow up was amazing and I'm very happy with my purchase. Let's hope the wife is convinced after 60 days this is the right choice :) "

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-05-2015

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“Thanks Jdhatt! We're confident that both you and your wife will grow to love the Aria!”

"My experience has been a bit of a roller coaster ride. I ordered the first mattress on Feb. 13. After 2 shipping delays, the first mattress arrived on Feb 26. A $55 credit was issued for the lateness. After 2 days of terrible sleep, i called and informed Novosbed that i was very unhappy. Turns out the mattress was 1/2 inch short on foam - defective. We then chose to go with the Aria. The $100 difference in price was never even discussed. No charge. The second mattress arrived on 3/6 with an 8" tear in it. At this point I am not a happy camper to say the least. Novosbed 2 day shipped the third mattress and it arrived on 3/11. The next day The Salvation Army took the 2nd mattress for donation and we were back to normal. I have to give this company credit. They went out of their way to make me happy. I was contacted personally by Mr. Prochazka and asked what they could to make it right. A final credit was issued to me for a substantial amount off of the original price. I'm satisfied and The Aria is very comfortable."

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-05-2015

“Hi verytiredperson,

Wow, you've certainly had a bad experience with Novosbed, and I sincerely apologize. We ship thousands of mattresses to customers with absolutely no issue, and to hear of the trouble you've had is truly awful.

I'm going to reach out to you personally to see what we can do to make this situation right.

Sincerely,
Sam Prochazka
CEO - Novosbed”

"What a wonderful experience with Novosbed! My wife and I were new to memory foam, had done some research and tried out beds in stores, but were a little apprehensive about ordering an unknown brand online, sight unseen. It was Novosbed's amazing return policy that put us at ease. I can tell you that even though we fell in love with our Aria king mattress and won't be returning it, I have complete faith in their policy. I'll tell you why.

When we received our mattress, the box had a small hole in it due to the shipping company banging it up a bit. We were dismayed to find this caused a small tear in the underside cover of the mattress. We contacted customer service at Novosbed, and found them to be exceptionally responsive and gracious. They immediately offered that we could have the bed picked up immediately and a replacement sent at no charge... OR we could keep it and receive a decent discount back... OR we could keep it for the normal trial period, and still return it for a brand-new version of the same bed, a different model altogether, or a full refund. There were truly no options they didn't cover, in fact we were kind of overwhelmed by our choices and it took a while to decide.

One additional note about the return process, to put you at ease. We first had nightmarish visions of trying to stuff the unrolled mattress back into the box, get a shipping label and somehow get it sent back to the factory. "That's how they get ya!" we thought... "Sure you can return it, but it's physically impossible!" Nothing could be farther from the truth. All you have to do to return a mattress you don't like is say the word, and Novosbed contracts a local delivery person to pick it up personally. They drag it out and you're done. So even though it arrives via parcel, it's taken away by an actual person at no charge. (My understanding is they even take your unwanted mattress to a local charity organization for donation, since they can't resell it and don't want to throw it away.)

As to the mattress: it's perfect for us. My wife wanted a soft bed for side sleeping, I prefer something a little firmer for occasional back sleeping - the Aria truly appears to be the perfect happy medium. This is more than comparable to mattresses we tried in stores that would have cost a minimum of $800 more.

I don't generally Yelp or write reviews, but this experience was so outstanding that I had to share. First time buyers, you can't go wrong with Novosbed.

modified review Rep reply posted Mar-09-2015

novosbed.com, Novosbed.com rep has responded

“We're humbled by your kind words! Making life easy for our customers makes life easy for us too, so it's really win-win!”

Share Novosbed.com's store rating

Novosbed.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Novosbed.com is a merchant member
Novosbed.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,838 merchant members.