• Nordstrom

Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10

"Having shopped at Nordstrom for almost 30 years, the luxury retailer has maintained and escalated luxury prices while cutting all of the luxuries, customer service, and quality. Nordstrom can regularly sell items at 50 percent off and still make a healthy profit so the company is constantly overcharging customers. Now the retailer has eliminated its Half Yearly sale - the one time every six months customers have an opportunity to purchase mediocre quality, brand-name clothing at a marginally competitive price."

This review was modified by alamorteguy on June 14 2015 01:59:29 PM

"I love Nordstrom! Loyal customer for my entire life! Best customer service I've seen!"

"Found a great blouse that I'm very happy with. Prices seem the same as in store, but it's possible to find discount coupons from time to time. Good shipping"

"I've been a big fan of Nordstrom for the convenience. I like high-end perfectly tailored clothes, but I'm a bargain-hunter. I want the best bang for my buck. I also want convenience. I want a pleasant, easy and fast shopping experience.

For years Nordstrom gave me all of that and more. The reason I’m giving 1 star isn’t because they’re really awful now, but they have dropped so far from what they were, that I don’t feel like shopping there anymore. I used to spend a lot more there than I normally would have because I didn't have to haunt sales and second-guess my purchases. If I saw something I liked I just bought it. Several times their wonderful return policy meant that if I noticed something I bought went on sale I could get the cheaper price, even over a month later. That really gave me the confidence to just buy whatever I wanted. I didn't always bother to check for sales, but I knew that if something was really outside what I wanted to spend I didn't have to wait to see if it went on sale. I could just buy it when I saw it.

This last Christmas changed my perception of the whole chain. I bought a beautiful and very expensive silk robe from the San Francisco store while visiting. I came back home to Seattle after the holidays, and found out it had gone on sale. I didn’t have time to go into a store, so decided to email the customer service line. They told me they could adjust the price if it was placed in the last two weeks. Since it was longer than that since I bought it, I was told I needed to call the location I bought it from and ask them if they’d give me the discount. They were very polite about it, but I would have to make time for a phone call with a different person, and may or may not get the sale price out of it.

All in all I’m very disappointed. I'm sure many stores will still be wonderful. Some sales people will be more interested and empowered to help; but I'm no longer confident I'm going to get that same great experience everywhere. I’m sure I’ll buy something from Nordstrom’s again, but it will now be my last choice instead of my first, and I’ll probably drop my credit card account at some point as well.

This review was modified by Hermione on February 26 2015 11:58:09 AM

"Nordstrom is generally great at handling customer concerns. I bought a dress that had a rip in the shoulder and I had to make the hour long commute to return it. While I wish they would have credited me something extra for my trouble and money returning it, they did reorder the dress to have it shipped to my house. I am very pleased with the dress, and I am glad I was able to get a replacement."

This review was modified by rebka on February 07 2015 11:18:46 AM

"Ordered 6 items and get them shipped to Canada.
With their Border-free service, paid only Canadian taxes and $10 shipping free. 10 days after, everything arrived with no problem. Great job, Nordstrom. Will buy again.

"Love this place. Order all of the time. Frequently visit stores. On the rare occasion that I have had a problem it has been taken care of immediately."

"I found this same Shelli Siegel dress at another dept store so I knew it fit before I ordered it online.
Nordstrom's price was 40% less than the other store's(since it was on sale)
Love the shape and fit of this dress. It looks like a skirt/blouse but is actually one piece. Looks amazing with black textured tights and boots!

This review was modified by GracieandSophiesmom on November 18 2014 02:32:50 PM

""Very disappointed with Nordstrom.com. I never received a pair of shoes for my Flower Girl in my wedding. I called a customer service and they send for a second and third time and we still waiting for the shoes for the past 20 days. We have accurately spoken with 3 different customer service reps in the past two weeks and they just returned my money without the taxes, so I am still paying the taxes for the shoes I never received and on top hat I spend my wedding day, looking for shoes for my daughter (my flower girl). This has been a worst experience and nightmare lesson for me. Nordstrom DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD LOGISTIC SERVICE AT ALL..."

Nordstrom User

"FRAUD and DISINTEREST.
I noticed that a fraudster has been using my debit card to shop at Nordstrom. On calling customer relations, 'Amanda' told me to call Customer Financial Services, anytime day or night. They would not accept my call due to "under staffing". I then called customer relations again, 'Pam' took my number and told me that Financial Services would call me as soon as they had somebody free. Guess what? No call! Clearly my Fraudster shouldn't shop at this awful store again and nor should you!

"Very disappointed with Nordstrom.com. Received rug which didn't look anything like the picture on the website. I sent a picture of the actual rug I received to prove that rug was not accurately represented on website and have spoken with 3 different customer service reps in the past few days to no avail. They all reiterate that rug is non-returnable, despite picture not representing rug accurately. I've asked to speak with a Manager and two days have gone by with no response. This has been an expensive lesson for me-- Nordstrom does NOT have good customer service."

This review was modified by cstpls on July 16 2014 12:17:23 PM

"I bought a pair of boots online on sale and I love them. They were originally over $200 but I got them for $80. They are extremely high quality. I wear them almost every day and I walk a lot. After nearly a year of wear, they are still fully intact. Those were $80 well spent!"

zeta's Avatar

Arizona, US

"12/11/2013 Placed order
12/12/2013 Shipped order from UT
12/16/2013 Item delivered

I placed the order and it got delivered timely. I made a return in-store and it was fast and easy without the need to pull out my credit card. Done in less than 10 seconds.

"I writing about the online service which was terrible. I cannot speak for the stores because I haven't been to any. Shopping online from the UK I bought a dress for what i thought was £210. After I checked out, they charged an additional £78 in taxes and postage which was excessive. When we tried to return it for a refund because it was the wrong size, they would only refund £238 charging us twice for 'services and handling' even though we had to pay for the postage our end too! They didn't respond to emails and couldn't find order details on live chat. The website and merchandise suggest real quality, but all we found was sharp practice and shabby customer service. Would avoid if I was you."

This review was modified by Bellahound on November 28 2013 12:52:25 PM

"Great quality of products and also great customer service. You get your money's worth! Although shipping as not very fast (ordered in the store, product was out of stock and was shipped to me), but atleast shipping was free."

Share Nordstrom's store rating

Nordstrom is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Nordstrom is not a merchant member
Nordstrom does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!