"I purchased a Night Owl system and I think the system itself works great. However getting techincal support is HORRIBLE. We have everything up and running but are having trouble figuring out how to access the system from another computer. I have left messages and emailed and got 1 phone call that did not resolve our issue. We have had the system for 3 weeks now. The last email I sent to tech support was on 3-22 and it is 3-29 today. They claim they will reach you in 24-48 hours. NOT SO! Another problem is the tech support hours are only to 5 Eastern time. I am in a different time zone so the window of time for me to chat with them is limited. I have asked that they tell me what day they are calling and I will be home. NO RESPONSE! Over all like I said the system works well. I am still trying to find a way to get a hold of someone. That is how I stumbled on this site. It looks like other people have had good luck, just wish I would too!"

"Night Owl was great! I had to pre-order my Panasonic FZ5 camera because it was out of stock. I called first before pre-ordering and all of my questions were answered fully. Once the camera came in, they preferred to CALL me rather than email. (One call to check that I still wanted it. Another the same night to say it was ready to ship.) No attempt at upselling. Standard delivery was then very quick. "

"I preordered a camera from NightOwl because of great recomendations on the camera forums. Later I decided to order it from another company that had it in stock and ready to ship. My youngest son's baptism was near and I wanted time to practice with the new camera before the big event. Ken was extremely nice and understanding about my order cancellation and I would highly recommend them. Had it not been for my needing the camera right away I would have waited just to patronize such a decent company with excellent customer service. I hope to order from them again at some point. Don't hesitate to buy from NightOwl; they have great prices and are respectable. (They are NOT scam artists like many online camera stores) Hint: Avoid most any store in Brooklyn NY!!! except B&H..."

"I was somewhat reluctant to buy from Night Owl because there weren't many reviews here, but they still had the best price that I could find on the product I wanted.

I placed my order for a Panasonic FZ-3 on Sunday, October 24. Their online store software sent me an invoice and billed my card immediately. I hadn't recieved any order confirmation by Tuesday the 26th, so I called their toll-free number and was connected with one of their call representatives right away. He was helpful and said he would follow up on my order to check for it in the morning since the shipping department on the east coast had closed. The next day, Ken called and left a message that the order had been shipped and that it would arrive by Monday. From my experience with other online retailers, I was used to getting the tracking number at this point, so I called back the next day and I got the UPS tracking number over the phone. When I asked the operator if I should have recieved an e-mail, he said that they no longer send out the tracking numbers, but instead perferred that people request them. I recieved the package on Monday, November 1, and the product was in all of its original retail packaging and in perfect condition.

Other than the delay in shipping, the transaction was very smooth, though a little different that what I was used to.

Norcross, GA

"Ordered Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20K digital camera on 11-15-04 along with SanDisk 512MB Ultra II SD card. Received SD card on 11-18-04 and camera on 11-19-04. Both were Brand New in box with all parts present and USA warranty. Ken was very helpfull and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend NightOwlCamera.com."

The first contact I had with Nightowl Camera was with Garret. Garret was extremely patient and helpful...and very knowledgeable - no pressure at all, just great information to help me decide between the cameras I was considering.
The follow up phone conversations with Ken were also very patient and full of information. The camera was shipped as promised (Panasonic FZ20)and I am very pleased with it. I appreciate the professionalism, courtesy, and knowledge your company offers. Thank you again...Dalene

"Great communication! Pre-Ordered a Panasonic FZ20. Ken, the sales manager, kept me informed of the release date. Item shipped on schedule. Would buy from again!"

"Digital Camera order received within a week. Great service and communication via email. Product package brand new with U.S. warranty. Learned about this seller from the camera review forum. Nightowl Camera and One Call had the best recommendations."

"This company was an amazing company to deal with. Heard about them through a Panasonic Forum on dpreview.com and took a chance. I knew they only had 3 reviews, but I was willing to take the chance. Therefore I ordered my Panasonic FZ15 as a Preorder, (way under price, about $70), and a ScanDisk Ultra II SD card. The camera was on preorder and they had been getting a few at at time. Ken, the sales manager, e-mailed me back any questions I sent him in a timely fashion and also let me know when he got a batch of FZ15s and that he was going to be shipping my order Thursday, September 30th. It did ship as her said, and will be here Monday. Talk about fast service. This company gets a two thumbs up and five stars."

"These are great people! Ken was a big help in making my purchase. It was a real pleasure to deal with a real person, not a corporate automaton. He gave me good advice, based on his own experience with the camera I bought. It was a nice touch on the website to have a little mini-review, however brief, done by their own staff who had actually used the camera, not just the manufacturer's marketing blurb. They even posted a couple of photos they took with the camera. They have an excellent return policy, great prices, and shipped amazingly fast. All cameras come with full manufacturer's warranty--no gray-market goods.

All in all, a highly pleasurable experience. It will be my first choice for future camera purchases.

modified review This review was modified by noguilt on May 13 2004 02:48:47 PM

"After looking for decent prices and shipping for a 128MB XD Picture Card for my Olympus camera,I came accross Night Owl Camera. Not knowing if they were reputable, I looked them up on Reseller Ratings.com. They had one review that tempted me to order from them. I generally try to order on line from who I perceive to be reputable businesses and have had no bad experiences to date. I placed my order on Monday May 27, received my E mail confirmation number immediately, and received my picture card on Wednesday May 29. Now that is outstanding service. I will have no problem placing another order with them in the near future even if I have to wait a few days longer. Their prices seem to be very fair and competive with other online and walk in stores. "

"No Problems! Purchased a Nikon Coolpix 5700 camera. Even though this item is in great demand, It was priced $100 under the street price, had a full US warranty and serial number, and I received free shipping. What's not to like. I'd recommend them to anyone."

Night Owl Camera is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Night Owl Camera is not a merchant member
Night Owl Camera does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!