"very easy to use and very informative. Puts Amazon to shame. The prices are pretty good too."

"I don't usually bash businesses and I want to give everyone a fair chance but I feel I must write a harsh review for nexcomdirect so that others will be aware and maybe nexcomdirect will rememdy the problems I faced."

"I believe this company is out of business. Does anyone have any more information? Their phones don't ring and their web site is unreachable. I purchased a lot of equipment (I'm a reseller) through them in the past - the last order I had from them was missing a few parts and they threw in a few extra floppy drives (not sure why). I wasn't able to resolve the issues with NexComDirect, but as it wasn't anything expensive, I let it go. Actually, it was when their phones quit working and their web site said (Under Maintenance) or some such that I quit pursuing the matter.

It's too bad they seem to be out of business. I placed about 20 orders with them from about June of 2003 through about December - with only one order being goofed up (the last one). The last few orders were late and they were out of stock on a few things (as others have said) so I started purchasing things elsewhere, and I'm glad I did!

Louisville, KY

"One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. First of all they shipped me a card that didn't work longer than 30 days. When I called the guy to get it shipped back for a refund they stalled for 4 or 5 days. That way I was out of the refund time alotment. So, he sent off an RMA request to the manufacturer of the video card. After three short months of waiting I got a new video card that won't even post. I had a friend look at it and he said a chip had been pulled off the board. All Im saying is this company is flat out horrible. I will never deal with them again and highly discourage you from dealing with them."

"I ordered a hard drive from them because they were the cheapest. 5 days later, I got an email saying my order was cancelled. No explanation was given."

"I did not hear anything from the company after 5 days and made numerous failed attempts to access Web site which was always "under maintenance". I finally threatened to cancel in an email to them (at least they DID provide their email address on the web site) and they replied that they are sorry and my order would be cancelled.

They did not even answer the phone # I found on www.switchboard.com for either of the 2 superstores listed.

I think they shut down everything abruptly.

The good news is my card was not charged yet.

"Unbelievable. Foolishly, I did not check these bums out here before placing my order for a CPU. Four days has gone by without so much as a peep out of this company. Their home page has said 'Site Under Scheduled Maintenance' for days, their 800# and emails to sales@ go unanswered. Obviously, they are either bankrupt, completely incompetent, or simply a fraud setup to harvest credit card numbers. I've yet to see a charge (and have just sent an email to cancel my order), but can't wait to sick my bank on them if they have the nerve to charge me."

"i have absolutely nothing good to say about nexcomdriect and they are the bottom of the barrel resellers. they are the worst company (if you can call them a company) i have ever made a purchace with to date. i strongly STRONG-LY recomend not placeing an order with them for any reason!
i placed an order with them 10 days before i began to wonder what the status of my order was so i checked their sites status page nothing changed there then tried to call and got no answer! waited a day then sent them an email no responce. i was going to be out of town for the next few days so i sent them one more email after a few days this was my responce......

" Unfortunately at this time, NexcomDirect is unable to complete your order. We do apologize for the inconvience that we may have caused. Your order will be cancelled at this time. Thank you and have a great day.

NexcomDirect Management"

oh well i live and i learn i hope that anyone who reads this dosent get the same lesson i did.

"I dont even know where to start. Unfortunately for me, i ordered something from Nexcrap direct before i checked them on resellerratings. Huge mistake, I would have never ordered if I read this first.

I ordered on nov-27 didnt hear ANYTHING from them at all till i threatened to cancel if I wasnt provided with a tracking number by dec-3rd noon. I got an email the next day from the manager stating they cant fulfill the order. WHY THE F34K did you take the order in the first place?

Shady retailer, BEWARE, read others posts, Nexcom SUCKS

"Place a order on 10 27 03 and paid for 3 day shipping today Check there site for the Tracking #
thay shipped my package ground the same package i i paid for 3 day tryed to called them 6 times with no pickup.

"I place an order on Oct 20. No status update until 24 so I called them. I was told it's on backorder although it was in stock when I ordered it. I requested a cancellation of order. I wish they would have contacted me sooner so I wouldn't have to wait.

The representative I spoke with was nice, and it helped lessen the frustration.

"I ordered an MSI K7D MASTER L AMD 762 MOTHERBOARD from nexcomdirect on Oct 7th. I paid extra for 2nd day air but did not recieve the board for 4 days AFTER it was marked on their site as shipped.The board has a corrupt cmos and went down after 3 days. Testing proved this. I put in an RMA request and read on their site that they would respond in 2 business days. On the 3rd business day it took multiple calls to their office to even talk to someone about the return. They had not even begun processing my request. I now have to pay shipping to return their defective product with only a "we'll ship a new one when we can" to bide me over til I eventually recieve the replacement board.
It is now 20 days after returning the motherboard and they still have not refunded my money after telling me 4 times on the phone, "we will do it today". I have never seen worse customer service in my life. EVER!

modified review This review was modified by Dehumanizerx on November 12 2003 09:11:19 AM

"Horrible service. I ordered 2 IDENTICAL hard drives. I got 1 like I ordered and 1 NOT like I ordered. How they could pull 2 different hard drives is beyond me. It took 4 calls to get this straightened out. Never got 1 apology. Hasseled me about sending me a new drive out right away. Took 2 days processing to ship the replacement, now I have to wait over the long holidy weekend for it. Hasseled me about shipping the drive back that they mis-shipped.

******Update******
Thanks to UPS for kicking it into gear on shipping I got it on Friday before the holiday weekend. At least they are not as incompetent as these guys. Sometimes the best price isn't always the best.

modified review This review was modified by alphateam on September 05 2003 12:00:57 PM

"I placed online order,invoice #14977. Writing to thank you for your prompt service and quick shipment of this order. Great price with free shipping, and fantastic service. What more could anyone want. Keep up the excellent work!!!..... first time costomer.....D L :-) "

"Ordered Weds morning, shipped out Thursday night. Did not receive any confirmation emails that the order was recieved but did get a tracking number after the product was shipped. It should arrive in about a week, via ground shipping (CA -> MD), so far everything is good. Bought a Retail Sony DVD Burner(DRU510A). When product arrives, I will update.

** Update **
Product arrived on time and no problems. Good service.

modified review This review was modified by c70hokie on August 22 2003 11:18:04 AM

NexCom Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

NexCom Direct is not a merchant member
NexCom Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!