• Newegg.ca (Cana Newegg.ca (Canada) Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.39/10 9.39/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.80/10 8.80/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.32/10 9.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.83/10 8.83/10

"Be very very careful on "good" deals at Newegg. Best to buy at Memory Express or NCIX.

Legal Disclaimer: "The following discussion is my opinion."

It certainly appears that for all intents and purposes Newegg colludes with vendors that are desperate to unload faulty computer equipment in Canada, knowing that warranties will not be exercised due to prohibitive shipping costs to the USA as they will not service them in Canada. It is also apparent that the equipment was faulty to begin with, thus the dump and low prices. Whether 'collusion' is by simple inaction or denial that the product is faulty is irrelevant. Bad equipment is being dumped in Canada and the consumer suffers.

Case in point: Hanns G HT231HPBUFT01 touch point monitor. This monitor has a ground loop between the Video adapter ground and the USB ground. The colours are changed to a sickly yellowish tinge. You have to isolate one of the grounds, or operate a laptop on battery only to get the proper colour. If wired in, you must buy a VGA/CAT 5 extender to break the ground loop. Good thing ebay has those... (If you don't know electronics you would never know to do this...)

The big problem: Hannspree refuses to service the monitor under warranty by making it too expensive for you, the customer, to get warranty service. They have no warranty service in Canada. You must pay for shipping to the USA, there and back, which amounts to the same cost of the monitor itself. Inescapably conclusion: they dump monitors in Canada knowing that they are faulty and that you won't return them for warranty service.

Certainly Newegg knows this. Hannspree has never had a service centre in Canada. The reviews of the monitor on Newegg also clearly indicate that the monitor is defective

My conclusion: Newegg dumps faulty equipment in Canada knowing there isn't a damn thing you can do about it to get it fixed. I have watched a lot of things on Newegg, and there are comments that support my experience with other products.

If it sounds to good to be true, do not buy from Newegg. If it clearly is stated that there are no returns on the equipment, DO NOT BUY IT. Clearly Newegg will not accept returns on faulty equipment that it sells, and it appears that Newegg knows full well that the equipment is bad -otherwise why the no return policy?

I'l buy my big pieces of equipment locally, and the occasional keyboard deal at Newegg. But monitors, printers etc? Go to Memory Express or NCIX. Memory Express has enough deals to keep anyone satisfied. And they service what they sell. You have been cautioned!

"Great Customer service! Helped me resolve an ongoing issue with crappy Asus Rampage V motherboards. Will again buy from Newegg, but not another Asus related product!
Thank s guys.

"I previously had an issue with ASROCK about a mail-in rebate when i purchase a motherboard at newegg.ca. The asrock mail in rebate center where not helpful at all and ASROCK customer support simply just dont care. When contacting Newegg.ca customer support, they where VERY HELPFUL. They really seems to care a lot about customer satisfaction. They are very professional in every way. The are very polite, the issue was resolved quickly and with efficiency.
Definitely a great experience compare to other customer support department.

"My one order got misplaced in shipping, but Newegg was energetic and proactive in getting the trace started and having an action plan ready explaining how long it would take before the issue was resolved or new items would be shipped out in replacement.

I appreciate knowing whats happening, having a plan in place and the effort the newer rep, put forth.

"I bought a laptop after extensive research. Reputation was good and the prices for most products were the lowest and they offered the same warranty as other resellers so it was a no-brainer.
However, the information that I had seen on the screen while I ordered was a bit different than the final order. I had added a SSD drive to a laptop that had a HDD. The cost difference made sense considering that was not voiding manufacturer warranty. However at time of processing the order, the HDD just had disappeared from the order. Also, there was a little delay in the processing of the UPS order(tracking number not working). I called and got an agent fairly quickly. Aaron was professional, courteous and handled my concerns like no other reps at any company so far. (I have been in sales and customer service for years so my expectations are out of this world) I can appreciate the willingness to help from a rep and also his listening skills.
The thing I would like to see different though is the website. I wish I would have seen somewhere an expected delivery time for my order, because they ship with UPS and I was expecting 48 hours.( I had pushed meetings and worked from home to receive this order)
Even after the little challenge that we got with my order and I can say that because of that rep I am really happy with Newegg.ca

Keep up the good work!

"Angelina.E.Gongora is an amazing client service representative she has helped me in every way possible to solve an issue i recommend newegg all the way"

"They are VERY helpful and have the fastest deliveries. Would recommend 10/10. Bess.S. helped me with a mistake I did and I was very happy with the outcome."

"Elena H. was my customer service agent and looked after my concerns quickly and efficiently. The service she provided was in my opinion excellent! That is why I will continue to send my business at Newegg!"

I am extremely satisfied. The order came with a broken part. They took my word for it and immediately gave me a refund.

That is how I rate a company.

"Newegg.ca + Edgar.E...= Outstanding customer service. Thank you Edgar E ... for your above and beyond service. Edgar provided me with an RMA and shipping label for a defective rectified Seagate Pipeline HD ST3500321CS 500GB 8MB. Seagate would NOT honor their 90 day warranty, drive failed 40 days after it was purchased. Newegg has great products and prices, and top of the line employees with great working ethics.

Thanks again... Mark

"Bought an EVGA GTX 980 ti here. They were the first in Cadan to have them in Stock at a reasennable price. Shipped from California. Took longer to arrive than would have liked but no big deal. Got a key for Batman Arkham Knight. Since the game have been pulled from steam. They just gave me a key for Metel Gear Solid V. Great move NewEgg!"

"I got the best customer experience by Norma.E.Gamas"

"Clover S was my agent and he helped me sort through my issue quickly and efficiently. This company is great and really looks out for its customers"

"I'm very happy with their customer service. Honestly, nicest people on this earth and one of the best customer service crew ever. I recently bought a 980Ti which had a promo where they were giving away free copies of Batman: Arkham Knight when you bought a GeForce graphics card except I missed that promotion by 2 days (they ended it because of problems everyone was experiencing with the game) and a few weeks later they returned the promo except with a different game, Metal gear Solid V, which I really wanted, so I called in and then a very nice lady called Abbi helped me get what I needed. She was very nice and understanding and by the end of that call she made me love Newegg that much more. I will be buying from this site again :) Thanks again Abbi :P"

"***HIGHLY RECOMMEND***Great Comprehensive Staff & SUPER NICE Service***
Here is my story:
I purchased an Asus Motherboard on June 15th when it was on sale and Newegg shipped out my package on next day, but I did not open the box till July 26th because I was waiting for other parts. After I put everything together, I realized I cannot set up SLI config for my GTX970 due to one of the "broken, defective" PCIE Slots. I was very clear that I was out of return period so I called ASUS tried to set up RMA. However, ASUS's service is such a disappointment. I waited on the line for over 45mins and they just hang up the phone. At first, I don't think Newegg will allow me to return the product since I was already out of the policy period, but I still want to give it a shot. I called the Newegg Canada on the next day and they picked up the phone almost !!!IMMEDIATELY!!!. I explained my situation to the customer service and they made an exception for me to return the MB for replacement!! I was sooooo not expecting this!!!!
Thank you, New Egg!! Thank you sooooo MUCH~
Be honest, I will give them six stars if I can!!

Share Newegg.ca (Canada)'s store rating

Newegg.ca (Canada) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newegg.ca (Canada) is a merchant member
Newegg.ca (Canada) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,686 merchant members.