• Newegg.ca (Cana Newegg.ca (Canada) Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.35/10 8.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.02/10 8.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.98/10 7.98/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10

"I bought an LG CD RW drive from Newegg, new in the box. The warranty is void outside the USA. I have had lengthy email correspondence with Newegg about it, and that email speaks for itself. I will provide and publish the entire email exchange and it alone will speak to the potential customer as to whether one should buy from Newegg. Essentially, what Newegg sells should be regarded "AS IS" and without warranty. They gave me the run around and refused to address the issue. Each subsequent person who responded to me displayed a lack of concern. Anyone who want's to can read the email between us and see this for themselves. "

"So far... Awesome items and service. Nothing is perfect and yet Newegg.ca isn't far from it."

"Good day! I'm just writing a quick review to relate my customer service experience with "Glenn" through the Newegg telephone department.

My family purchased a Belkin 12 outlet, 8 foot Surge Suppressor through the Newegg site, and we liked it so well that we decided to purchase 3 more of the same Brand and similar model with slight differences in configuration.

When we were about to place our order we noticed that the shipping cost was prohibitively high. We decided to call in to inquire as to the reason.

Glenn was very professional and courteous in his explanation as to the reasons for the shipping cost. He explained that the Suppressors would be coming from 2 separate warehouses (one in Canada, one in New Jersey) and that this accounted for the need to charge shipping for each separate shipment. Logical.

Glenn then gave us a generous gesture of appreciation for being repeat customers. I signed up on Newegg's website and I will be considering the Premier membership if my family decides to ramp up our electronic purchases.

So, to conclude, Newegg provides excellent prices (usually the best I can find anywhere) and, as per the experience, very courteous, excellent customer service.

Thanks Glenn and we'll be back. : )

"I was really disappointed with a product (still is!) and the company refused to do a refund, even though the product did not work as advertised. But after some negotiations, Newegg accepted to issue a store credit and even send a pre-paid shipping label. This is a nice solution, where both parties win. Glad it could be sorted out. "

"I contacted Drea A. of Newegg on 3/14/2015 to cancel an order I had made. Drea contacted the third-party merchant immediately and, within two hours, the order had been canceled before the merchant had had the opportunity to ship. She also insured that I had a copy of the merchant's assurance sent to me the same day.

Unfortunately, 4 days later, the merchant notified me of a UPS number just as it was about to ship the rather expensive item despite its assurance of 3/13. I contacted Drea still again and she spent almost 90 minutes in insuring that the merchant had already acknowledged it would not send the item and in insisting that it abide by its word. She did this despite the fact that the merchant could not be reached by phone and she had to send e-mails to this seller. Ultimately, this provider sent Drea a letter of apology for causing such anxiety for him, a letter which Drea also sent on to me. I am very grateful to this girl for being so steadfast and persistent in her determination to insure that this product was not shipped, and that I was satisfied that this was so, She truly went out of her way to help me. Her conduct reflects most creditably on herself, and on Newegg.

"I was making a purchase from Newegg for the first time and also paying using Visa Checkout for the first time. By using this payment option I was to get a $25 discount. I was encountering problem after problem and was not able tomake my purchase online so I called customer service and spoke to James who was incredibly patient with me and walked me through the process. Very helpful, thank you! :)"

"Long story short, the web system sucks, but the customer support rocks. I thought about not buying from them again, but I will. Just because of the customer support quality.

Their website order system isn't great. The order process wasn't smooth with my credit card. In addition, when you want to cancel the order, you can click a cancel button, but nothing happens. They pack the order and ship like nothing happened.

"Purchased a laptop on sale on their site, unfortunately the credit card provide refused the transaction due to mismatch of "billing" information
Tried to reorder the same laptop and promotion was over + shipping (ground) was charged !!
Newegg, was unable to honor me with the same price, nor remove the shipping address
Instead, they said that 20$ would be credited to my credit card after the purchase was completed
20 versus over 60 $ in saving the day prior, not a great customer service experience
Rather continue shopping around
Very dissapointed

"Bought a Asus GTX 980, but it was overheating badly out of the box, requested for a RMA which was fast and easy, dropped it off at the facility , they processed on the same day, new card shipped out after one day.

"After reading some of the reviews I was surprised to see any negative reviews. My experience with Newegg.ca has been outstanding. Pricing is competitive, Shipping is fast, and Customer Service is stellar.

Things I would like to see is duration of Promotions and Technical Support

J|C

"I also bought a GTX 980 and was sent a GTX 970 instead. When I talked to the CSR about returning it because they pulled the listing from their site they tried to pull a fast one but only refunding the price for the product and not the shipping even though this was their mistake. Eventually they relented but made it seem like they were doing me a favour in refunding the shipping charges for their mistake.

Now I'm without a proper video card and $460 until they decide to graciously give me back my money for their mistake.

"I ordered a GeForce GTX 980 from Newegg.ca at the advertised price. Unfortunately they advertised it incorrectly and it was actually a GeForce GTX 970. Classic bait and switch."

"I've ordered from Newegg.ca numerous times before, however the last order I placed resulted in an email from Newegg stating that there was a mistake and the wrong items were shipped to me five days after I already received the order confirmation.

Now the items are out of stock so I can not reorder from Newegg. I could have bought similar items from a competitor had I been informed about this error sooner, alas the email came to me too late and I missed some good clearance sale prices. Now I am out $200 because of Newegg's mistake.

update: received an email from Mike at Newegg offering to take 20% off for my next purchase of an equivalent product. Updated my rating to reflect this.

"Long story short. Ordered a product, was shipped something else. Have to waste my time trying to get a FULL refund and shipping costs back for an error on their part. Horrible correspondence with customers related to this issue just cookie cutter responses with no actual solution that helps us."

"I purchased a GeForce GTX 980 from newegg.ca for what I thought was a good price. I received the shipping confirmation so I immediately listed my previous video card up for sale on the classifieds and sold it that same night for less than market value because I just wanted to move on with what I expected to come from Newegg.

I received my order from Newegg quickly (great!), however when I opened the shipping box the completely wrong product had been sent to me, an inferior and much cheaper GTX 970.

I spent half of my day dealing with customer service and the only "solution" I was given was to return the product for a refund. Now I am stuck with my PC missing a vital component, and newegg did not offer to do what I would have considered the "right thing" in replacing my order with another comparable product for the price that it was sold to me. I have wasted half my day on the problem and had to trek to the UPS store on my own time and my own dime to return the completely wrong product that was sent to me.

I also had to contact them separately to get them to begrudgingly (after stating it isn't their policy to do so) refund me for the shipping fee that I paid. That is an incredulous insult to injury considering the situation.

Amazingly the packing list in the box listed correctly what was in the box, which does not match my order online.

Even worse is that the product that they did send me is available for purchase at newegg.ca for significantly cheaper than the price they charged me if I had actually wanted to order that product in the first pace.

Share Newegg.ca (Canada)'s store rating

Newegg.ca (Canada) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newegg.ca (Canada) is a merchant member
Newegg.ca (Canada) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,859 merchant members.