Newegg.com (USCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.09/10 9.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.88/10 8.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.26/10 9.26/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.98/10 8.98/10

"I give them 5 stars. Shipping is frequently free and only takes 2 or 3 days. Couldn't be much nicer (or more thorough) on the phone. Wide list of products"

"I was pleased to receive my goods quickly, but unfortunately the PC I ordered was not fully functional. ( Bad Power Supply fan and bad NIC )

While it was a refurbished unit, I am somewhat tolerant of failures. I was very unhappy when I called the company that had done the refurb. ( Joy computers I think? ) They did not answer at the time when I called.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I contacted Newegg. An agent named Eugene was extremely helpful and found a way to get me a replacement in the short time frame I had. ( Well I have yet to receive the replacement, but I trust I will. )

"I had an RMA mixup and Rebecca Z persisted and was able to help me retrieve my original RMA from the system. Thanks so much, you really made my day!"

"I just returned a power supply and Mark helped me with the returned. I told him I was planning on swapping the power supply for a different one. He ended up taking off the shipping cost for the return package. Now that I have a little extra money I plan on making a few more extra purchases when I order the new power supply "

"As a long-time customer of Newegg I have nothing but great things to say about them. In my many years of shopping there I have yet to have a single issue that Newegg customer support couldn't handle in a professional, timely manner. This is why I continue to get all my PC components and peripherals from them. On top of that they're always doing sales, promos, discounts, coupon codes, etc so I almost always get what I want at a better price than any other competitor.

Just recently I bought a video card that should have included two different promotional giveaways but they weren't displayed on the product page and didn't come with the card, an understandable mistake. I contacted customer support via live chat the other day and she(forgot her name, Sarah maybe?) sent me out the first item. This morning via e-mail, Yvette W. got me set up with the second item. A shining example of how hassle-free and fast their customer support is. Whenever I buy an item from Newegg I know that if I have any issues at all with the order or the product, Newegg will make it right without inconveniencing me like other retailers might do.

"Wow, Christine Z is one of the best customer representative I've ever talked to.. She definitely deserve a 5-Star review and a outstanding award.. Definitely what others say... A company designed to satisfy customer's needs. "

"If it wasn't for Keira. Y .Hsiao this would be the worst experience I've ever had with an online retailer.

The entire ordeal was a nightmare of defective products and denied warranties with both new egg and the manufacturer.

However, Keira actually stopped to discuss the situation with me and attempted to help resolve the issue.

Even if my defective item isn't replaced or refunded... I will not be angry.

Keira made me feel valued as a customer and I believe newegg and asus could learn a thing or two from this person about customer service.

10 / 10 for Keira

"This is the absolutely best company to deal with. Their service is excellent. We have never had a problem reaching them or explaining our issues to them and receiving a clear answer. They are fair and generous regarding refunds. They are polite and accommodating. I have the utmost trust in this company."

"I ordered an MSI Laptop with a promotional code. There were also special free items being offered with the purchase which did not get included so I contacted customer service via live chat. That rep then referred the issue to Newegg's internal helpdesk. I got an email from them and they had misunderstood the issue I was having.

So, I called and spoke customer consultant Austin Thelen. I am a call center supervisor myself, and the kind of treatment Austin provided is the kind of treatment everyone should give. He was extremely patient, knowledgeable and helpful. He was able to duplicate my issue, elevate it to the correct people, and now the special offer items are on their way to my door.

I cannot stress enough how excellent his service, and Neweggs, was.

"Recently ordered a new monitor with a free SSD combo that Newegg was promoting over the weekend for $599.99 to replace our existing monitor that had failed. Monitor in the combo turned out to be defective (line of dead pixels) but the normal Newegg RMA process would've left us without a monitor for several days as the RMA is processed and a replacement shipped. Newegg rep suggested that if we really needed a monitor to order a new one before shipping back the old and they'll refund us for the defective monitor once they received it.

We ordered an exact replacement and shipped back the defective monitor as soon as the new one arrived. As it turns out, Newegg only gave us the partial refund due to the original promotional offer (we wanted and kept the SSD) despite ordering an exact replacement at the full price of $599.99 which did NOT include any promotional items. Called support and spoke with Edgar who listened and realized the refund disparity issue. After speaking with his supervisor, he was able to help me get the full refund.

Although things worked out in the end, it seems like Newegg should have a return policy that doesn't leave the customer without a key item especially if the customer is willing to temporarily pay for an exact new replacement at full price while the return is being processed.

Also, the current policy for dealing with defective items in a combo promotional offer seems to be more complicated than it has to be. I would've had to return the SSD with the defective monitor to get the full amount of the refund and then turn around and purchase an exact replacement combo and be without a monitor for a week or so. This policy would make me think twice about buying such combos in the future.

Kudos to Edgar for listening and fixing this issue.

"Hello,
I was assisted by Steven A Payan and he was great. Before Steven I was helped by 2 other customer service reps who both spoke very little English and I became very frustrated. Steven immediately changed everything! He was understanding, patient and over all very nice. Thank you Steven for having such great customer service skills! and Thank you Newegg for hiring Steven.

"I have used Newegg for years, and have had minor issues with their payment system, and have mainly used PayPal to expedite the process. This evening, I had to use their system due to the circumstances of my order, and this is where my nightmare began. Lucky for me, a customer service rep on the phone was able to resolve what should have been a simple transaction for such a major website. Permit me to explain:

A few days ago my daughter, who is away at college, informed me that the CD/DVD player in her laptop was not functioning well and seemed on its way out. I told her I would do my best to figure out a reasonable solution. After checking out the cost factor of an OEM replacement, I thought an external unit might be a reasonable substitute. After a little research, I found a good alternative on the Newegg site and lo and behold it was on sale and had FREE shipping. After the euphoria wore off , I went to the site to order the item and thus begins the saga.
All went well when I put the item into my cart and I began the checkout process. I had called the company earlier in an attempt to order over the phone and was informed, that if I needed the item shipped to an address other than mine, the order must be placed on the website. Additionally I could not use PayPal due to their shipping restrictions. After logging in, putting in all the info and making sure ALL the boxes were filled in properly, I clicked the continue button. I never felt the hole under me open, but the downhill slide started there.

I spent the next twenty minutes or so going in circles courtesy of the website, so I decided to use the chat line to walk me through the morass. After a significant wait, the rep asked for my story and made a feeble attempt to resolve the issue, referring me to a few useless links.When she exhausted all her bag of tricks, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told her supervisor was not available and I should try the site later in the day. I then asked for clarification about there being no supervisor there, and she avoided handing me to another. I then asked for a manager at which point she asked me to hold. (?) After a few minutes of no contact, I pinged her to see if she was still there. She responded and asked me to be patient, at which point she ended the chat abruptly. I was a bit confused.

I then tried the support phone line and finally caught a break. I was paired with Pepper S. and had a completely opposite experience. She listened, responded appropriately, walked through the process several times saw the frustration I had experienced. She carefully took my information and helped me complete the order in spite of all the roadblocks the system threw at us. She was professional, highly competent, and did her best to stay friendly. I wanted her supervisors to know what a asset she is, as she is the reason I will use Newegg again.

"Had a great customer service experience with Steven.A.Payan. He was kind, helpful and patient. Thanks so much!
Nicole

"Made good on the Iron Egg guarantee within 12 hours of my e-mail. Awesome customer service as always."

"I bought a refurbished ASUS notebook with a 90 day warranty. At 5 months, it failed, fan out, no replacement fan so you can't do it yourself. You have to send it back in. THANKS FOR NOTHING, NEWEGG!! I just spent over $400 on a boat anchor. NEVER EVER BUY REFURBISHED FROM NEWEGG, THEY FAIL!!! It was an ASUS notebook, I thought they were supposed to have good components, looks like newegg has figured out a way to have them fail right after the 90 days. NEVER BUY FROM NEWEGG!

UNRELIABLE REFURBISHED PRODUCTS, LOOK ELSEWHERE, NEWEGG'S REFURBISHED are ROTTEN EGGS! RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM NEWEGG REFURBISHED UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE STUCK HOLDING A ROTTEN USELESS LAPTOP!!

Newegg.com (USA) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newegg.com (USA) is a merchant member
Newegg.com (USA) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,843 merchant members.