Stores > Newegg.com (USA)

• Newegg.com (USA Newegg.com (USA) Elite Status

Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.4/10 8.4/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.93/10 8.93/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.72/10 8.72/10

2016-05-03

Customer Service that just won't quit!

"I caused what I'm sure was a major headache for Customer Service. I had an RMA, and sent it back in the wrong box, emails to me from the new egg returns department. I contacted customer service to see what a was going on and Missy M. came to my rescue. She got me a shipping label for the correct box, and it was on its way. Before the correct box hit their receiving dock, the original RMA expired and my defective equipment was sent back to me. I contacted Missy, and she had the correct box for my RMA held and got a new shipping label and RMA made for me. A day after my new RMA hit the dock, my replacement is being shipped.

Thanks again, Missy. Sorry for all the extra work!

This review was modified by Dmelvin_12 on May 03 2016 05:49:27 PM

The real hero is Darlene E

"Fantastic service! Darlene E. helped me out big time and in a timely fashion. She is my hero!"

Eggcellence is Hatched!

"We are pleased to work with Monique P. Rightnour and team on our past few orders. It has been awhile since items and it is great to find NewEgg still offers personal service in place of endless button pushing that never resolves a thing. Monique been a guiding light to work beside to resolve some technical difficulties that happen from time to time and the entire NewEgg team over the past month has been Very Helpful to assist us in accomplishing our project. We will be around more often as our business grows, thanks to good people when they are needed!"

This review was modified by tenantservices-inBuilding on May 03 2016 04:54:20 PM

The Customer Support was absolutely Eggcelent

"Marvin X. Also along with Newegg, was able to ensure that I was given a replacement for a part that I do indeed wish to have in my current system build. Steps taken: I contacted customer support, Live chat ensued for less than 5 minutes, and walla! I had my RMA for my replacement part! That simple! Anyone please feel free and safe to rely on newegg.com whenever purchasing anything online. Trustworthy with credit card information, trustworthy with fast shipping, and absolutely trustworthy Customer support if your product is defective. I haven't been a long time customer, but I think that is about to change. Quality parts, prices, and selection make newegg.com the best place to get your computer hardware hands down!"

This review was modified by evildmanarc on May 03 2016 12:38:13 AM

Patricia POWAAA

"Man when my laptop came in with a broken screen i was heart broken but patricia and the other customer service reps ive worked with have been super helpful and even got me a refund on the shipping cost to send the laptop back. newegg is great 10/10 will shop again

This review was modified by Stigias on May 02 2016 08:57:56 PM

The Greatest Technician in the known UNIVERSE

"I found that as a technician, the exportations are high and the gratitude is fleeting in society. we as customers, need to give credit where credit is due. By not showing our appreciation to those that go above and beyond in order service their customers, we end up losing a highly valuable commodity in the world of customer service. I was fortunate to have such a technician, this technician by the name of Andrew P. Bjornson went out of his way to assist me in solving my DYI personal computer dilemma. I must confess that prior to using Newegg for my computer needs, I shopped at Tiger Direct. After dealing with this below average online company, I must admit I lost faith in all online computer resellers. It was only due to Mr. Andrew P. Bjornson and your companies exquisite customer service staff that has renewed my faith and trust, but not in all online computer sites, JUST NEWEGG!!!!!

Thank you very for hiring exemplary services oriented individuals such as Mr. Andrew P. Bjornson, not for nothing but that man deserves a ginormous raise.

Sincerely,

Mr. Leon Armstrong

This review was modified by LeonArmstrong on May 02 2016 06:52:06 PM

2016-05-02

Seems slow. THEN, order cancelled AND THEY TOOK MY MONEY!! UPDATE: got my money back.

"I ordered a small light weight in-stock product today, and everything they are emailing me seems to want to explain to me how slow they have permission to go, since they want to take absolutely forever. Just according to their automated system, they have given me excuses about why they might want to take at LEAST two days just to ship the item, and another day for me to receive it. So far, this is not a confidence inspiring experience, and they seem like they want to go out of their way to deliver very slowly.

For the record, I ordered 1 day shipping ($28 for a very light item!!! exceedingly expensive), and paid the $4 rush fee (something that other vendors don't charge), and even though I paid a $4 rush fee, they are claiming this only obligates them to try to ship tomorrow, not even today, despite me ordering early in the afternoon!!!

I have a very bad feeling about doing business with this company.

UPDATE:

They automatically cancelled the order because unlike hundreds of other orders I've put in at other businesses at that address I've had for a decade with a bank account I've had for over a year for hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of products, NewEgg has no idea how to handle an online order, and they can't figure out how to ship after ALREADY TAKING MY MONEY. They say now I have to wait a week for me to get my money, and meanwhile, I have no product as ordered. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

UPDATE: I got my money back. However, not before having to spend half an hour cobbling together money from many other cards, maxing them out, to get the part from another source at a higher price, when I could have gotten a kit with the enclosure as an option if I had known about this false advertising NewEgg has been doing to garner customers. I could have ordered this part earlier today for delivery a day earlier if I knew of the quality problems at NewEgg, and I could have not had my credit cards ran up making up for these problems at NewEgg. This is altogether a woeful experience at NewEgg.

This review was modified by BradAllen11 on May 02 2016 06:32:16 PM

Spectacular Customer Service

"Using the chat system I was able to contact a customer service representative in 10 seconds. The woman I dealt with researched my problem and found a satisfactory resolution in under five minutes. She was helpful, knowledgeable, and clear. I have never received anything less than great customer service whenever dealing with Newegg"

This review was modified by gravitydreams on May 02 2016 02:52:18 PM

2016-05-02

Awesome Customer Service, Dealt With Uncommon Issue Perfectly!

"I recently received a headset from newegg, but it was incompatible with my computer. However, it also came with a free mouse pad which I gave to my mom. She threw away the box, so when I wanted to return the headset, I did not have the original packaging. Dustin helped me very quickly and efficiently, and it was a great customer experience. "

This review was modified by ASineev on May 02 2016 01:18:53 PM

Davyon is the best

"He helped me tremendously with my order and my service needs. Very knowledgable and great customer service. Newegg is lucky to have Davyon!"

This review was modified by Jackloco on May 02 2016 01:11:51 PM

2016-05-02

Feared all hope had been lost

"I recently ordered a router off of newegg and was under the assumption that I was also receiving a free wireless adapter to go along with it. This wasn't the case when I checked my order history, and felt absolutely defeated. I contacted newegg chat department and they told me that they could not do anything about it.

Here I was facing the abyss, with little to no light on the other end. That's when I decided that this became an all or nothing situation, so I decided to call up newegg as a last ditch effort.

That's where our paths first crossed, Melanie Hays of newegg came swooping down no different than a knight in shining armor and made amends. She fixed all that was wrong and brought order back when it was feared to be lost.

I transformed from a disgruntled customer to a happy little bugger, and it was all thanks to her effort.

P.S. No thanks to their chat team though.

This review was modified by fuzalert on May 02 2016 10:26:25 AM

Great customer service

"I recently purchased a computer that was having wireless connection issues. Monique helped me tremendously. She went over and above to resolve my issue painlessly. I am leaving the country and her help and input made things way less stressful. She offered me an incentive which I am still awaiting but I know she will follow through with it. Great work newegg I will refer others to you!"

This review was modified by Jbradstreet413 on May 02 2016 05:10:57 AM

2016-05-01

NewEgg is an Excellent Store

"I had to cancel my order for a new PC because I had given NewEgg the wrong address. Once I realized that the next day, their online help chat canceled the order for me and told me to reorder with the correct address. When I went to do so the price of the comp had increased $200 from the day before. I went back to online help chat, and after about 20 minutes they agreed to honor the old price, even though the snafu was on my part. Definitely will be using them again in the future. "

This review was modified by Romney_p on May 01 2016 11:14:02 AM

2016-04-30

From former call center worker, excellent customer service!

"This past Friday was my birthday, and I was happily surprised with a visa gift card towards a new computer. I went to NewEgg to buy the components only to find out that A) I couldn't get my free NewEgg Premier trial, and B) They cannot accept partial payments (so I couldn't just use the gift card and charge the remainder to my other card).

This definitely put a thorn in my side, where after spending several hours researching what I needed to fit my budget I was at a roadblock. So, I called into NewEgg expecting the usual crap. After a short wait time, I got on the phone with Marc. He was concise, informative, friendly, and went out of his way to not only help me with my issues but also give friendly banter.

Due to my trial not working, he managed to waive the shipping costs and apply the same 3 day shipping as if I was using the trial. He also explained how that wouldn't apply to one of my products due to the fact it was from an outside vendor, and he helped me use the visa gift card for the rest of the purchase. I was then able to use the remainder of that visa gift card to buy credit towards the case, and apply that towards a separate order where I used my normal debit card. To top it off, because of my headaches he also managed to send extra promotional material from NewEgg as an added bonus.

All in all, both Marc, and NewEgg helped remind me that not all customer service representatives are garbage. I used to work in a call center, and I was one of very few people who actually seemed to try and please their customers. Marc reminded me of my former self. I am very pleased with the service over at NewEgg, and will continue to shop there.

This review was modified by vVvPlattypus on April 30 2016 03:33:37 PM

2016-04-30

Juan of the best

"Juan helped me with a problem that was related to an internal billing discrepancy. Basically I did not know that you could not use promo codes under certain circumstances.
Once the issue was made clear to me, he agreed to grant me the promo code anyways. A fantastic job of customer service: very little time on the phone, very coherent explanation, and rewarded me for being a long -term customer.

I hope Newegg remembers to reward their best associates like Juan.

This review was modified by dontwannamakeaprofile on April 30 2016 12:02:02 PM

Share Newegg.com (USA)'s store rating

Newegg.com (USA) is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newegg.com (USA) is a merchant member
Newegg.com (USA) participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,609 merchant members.