Stores > Newark element14

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
Voice your opinion! Review Newark element14 by clicking a star below.
2017-05-28

Beware of Hidden Charges

"I am from Canada and I ordered a small piece, after completing the order, I was surprised to see an additional Fright Charges of $20 for a $4 piece.

Unbelievable!!

2017-05-04

Avoid at all cost

"I'm from Canada. I ordered a small tool on Sunday from their site which came at $10.85 but shipping quote was unavailable at time of order because of weight issues or something. Strange but okay. I went ahead anyways because I thought ok they seem reputable and will probably contact me with the final price before shipping but was I wrong. They just sent me a new invoice Tuesday at 1h07 AM with the added amount of $20 for shipping telling me my invoice was paid, no balance is due. I never agreed to this? I tried to cancel the order at 3h50 PM the same day but everything was already shipped.

Then, I tried to contact them about the issue and bad business practice but only got generic responses on how orders to Canada are $20 even though at the time of ordering this information was nowhere to be seen on their site.

Finally, I did a charge back on the shipping amount ($20) with my financial institution.

I would avoid Newark element14 like the plague if I were you.

2017-02-14

Website glitch nightmare and customer service ****!

"Same day shipping means when they get around to it. Why pay for next day air if they don't look at the website orders until next day. THE WEBSITE STATES SAME DAY SHIPPING!!!! Links in their emails don't work. Checking order status doesn't work. Tech support gives you email address that are invalid and talking to a manager in customer service is like talking to a wet noodle."

2017-01-23

Massive shipping prices

"This is partly my fault, but I wasn't shown the shipping cost until they sent me the receipt of payment. I never ended up checking the receipt until the order had already shipped and I'd been charged. You could blame me for not being vigilant, but OVER $165 AUD IN SHIPPING? For one tiny part that was worth $3.50. Plain evil."

2017-01-05

First order was the last.

"I'm just echoing what other reviewers have said here. The Newark/E14 website is a buggy nightmare, and it took far too long to enter and pay for a simple 3-item order. When the package didn't arrive, it turned out that they had addressed it to "VALUED GUEST GUEST" (even though I'd entered my full name and company address as the ship-to at several points in the order process). "GUEST GUEST" doesn't fly when a package arrives at the mail room of a 5000-person company.

Contacting Newark customer service was a similar experience to what others have reported - they didn't seem to care at all, basically shrugged their shoulders and blamed the problem on a computer 'glitch', as if their website was some force completely outside their company's control. No ownership of the problem, no desire to fix or even understand issues they brought upon themselves, no thought that this was something needing investigating and fixing. I guess "process improvement" is not high on this company's priority list?

Finally, to add insult to injury, they began spamming us with 3-4 marketing emails per _hour_ starting today. Enough. Our first order with NewarkElement14 was our last one.

2016-12-15

Trying to explain buggy website to customer support

"I placed an order and tried to cancel it immediately after. They couldn't find my order and ended up shipping half of it anyways. CS says some items are un-cancelable/un-returnable, but website does not state that for what I ordered. Every CS agent says the same thing: I don't know what's going on about the website. ??????? What? So basically blame it on the 'system'. "

2015-09-03

"1. Didn't dispatch on same day as promised. I had to make several calls & emails before I could get my material in about a week.
2. Live chat was never available on in.element14.com
3. Couple of weeks since I received my items, but haven't received free items as displayed on the website.
4. No response to my emails for last 7 days from any of these - "in-sales@element14.com", "sg-sales@element14.com" & "sales@farnell.com"

I think element14 is really like a sinking ship with a hole in its bottom.

2015-06-24

"Ordered 3 $90 switches online to be shipped to a customer 6/2/15. System said in stock and ship in 2-3 days, customer called 20 days later to check on shipment. When I called on 6/22 for status the rep said would ship on 6/24 and he would send a confirmation email which I received. 6/24 I checked online for status and it said "cancelled"! When I called a woman said that they sent a second email on 6/22 asking for credit card address confirmation (email that I could never find) and because I never replied they cancelled my order without even a phone call! SO, I asked that they reactivate the order and ship it today 6/24. The reply was they would have to process order that would take 6-8 days for them to receive from Schneider OR I could pay an additional $50 to drop ship it directly!!!!!! No sense of urgency at all regarding my needs and got the "oh well" you never replied to our email from the reps. "

2015-04-30

"They charged me tax while their company does NOT have any branch/store in Michigan! I called the first time and the representative says it's not Tax, but instead a charge they implement on new buyers just because you haven't bought items from us before (wtf?). So I went on LIVE CHAT to get the matter resolved and the lady there said that "I think we do have something in Detroit, Michigan. That's why you have to pay tax. But I'm not sure, so please email us the question instead". So I called them one more time over the phone and a stupid guy name Ray told me that he pays tax for everything. That's why they have to charge me Tax even though I don't live in Illinois and they don't have any branch in Michigan. I was dumb-found by his answer and ask if he ever makes online purchases anywhere outside of his own Newark.com. He said he goes to the barber to cut hair and has to pay tax. And I, from Michigan, am obligated to pay tax for a company in Chicago Illinois! It's so frustrating to talk to theses idiots who really has no idea and just want to rip you off in the name of GOVERNMENT TAX! When I tried to explain to him that his company's practice is non-sense and asked how what percentage tax rate they base on (Michigan or Illionois rate?) and where will this purchase's tax money go to (Michigan or Illionois). He just beg the question and told me to go talk to my Congressman if I want to avoid tax.

Please, guys. Next time just mark up the item's price double and get rid of these cheesy, robbing trick all together. NO BODY CHARGE TAX FOR ONLINE PURCHASES UNLESS SELLER AND BUYER ARE IN THE SAME STATE! Get it?

Now I cannot even cancel my order because their order confirmation email does NOT even have an order number. Yes, REALLY!!

PLEASE PLEASE stay clear from theses crooks!!!

2014-10-21

"I just closed my account with Newark and canceled my pending orders. No one seems to know what they are doing when you call them. No customer service, communication or on time deliveries. Last order took 6 to 8 weeks to receive and lots of phone calls to get this done (order Number: 591650). The order I just canceled (confirmation-37223691) had been placed on Oct 2nd and as of Oct 21st no one knew where it was and never got shipped. Always some type of excuse and no results. Maybe they don't like clients from California.
Newark did not ask me for this review.

2014-10-13

"Overall rating for Newark is 3.5 out of 5. The reason I take off 1.5 pts is due to, pricing is one of the highest but shipment does not necessarily go out the same day, some do, some don't. I purchased a product "knowing" I'm paying premium, also assuming it would ship the same day. Did it ship the same day? No.

2014-10-03

"I am a hobbyist. I am pleased with Newark's comprehensive web site. Considering the vast number of products that they carry, Newark provides a good tool for finding the right product. Having the technical specifications available is a big help in designing the project. When I called with a questions, the representative was very helpful. The one recommendation that I have is to add an estimate of the shipping costs to the order before payment. "

2014-10-02

"Newark element 14 has been a friend. From a large variety of parts to good prices to prompt delivery - we at Fancort.com are truly impressed.
Your customer service by chat, phone & email are also superb.
Thank you again and keep up the good work.

2014-10-02

"everything has been done expertly as always...no complaints....I think you had a small problem last week with part of online order entry screen, but my rep entered order over phone, so all was well..."

2014-10-01

"There was difficulty getting the quote I wanted. It seemed the sales rep did not understand what I wanted even though I had to provide the make and model. "

Share Newark element14 's store rating

Newark element14 is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Newark element14  is not a merchant member
Newark element14 does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!