Newark elementCoupons

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"I ordered two capacitors (total price $2.02). At the time of order they said they could not give a shipping rate. I figured ground shipping on a few ounces would be cheap. I was billed $20.88 for shipping. I immediately called to cancel the order and no one would answer the phone. I sent an email - no response. I finally got on a live chat - they told me that one of the capacitors was coming from the UK and was non-cancellable. I asked why I was not told it was coming from the UK and they said it was on the website, but he could not tell me where. He said that they were shipping a different capacitor than one I ordered (listed at a lower cost and different size). I was finally able to cancel the order. (Hopefully it actually happens)"

"I'll add my $0.02
Same story: ordered a few small parts for $5.74, selected ground shipping. Clicked on order and got an e-mail telling me that I was charged $18 "freight".
On a positive side I was able to cancel the order, so they deserve one star.

modified review This review was modified by alexfreed on September 20 2013 11:32:21 AM

"I ordered what was pictured; they sent what was linked in their listing to a "technical data sheet", which wasn't REMOTELY anything like the product pictured. Bait and switch. Lesson learned, AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless you want to get burned."

"Buyer beware!!! These fraudsters will tell you one thing and do another. Beware that what they don't tell you up front when you order is that they will charge you tax and shipping AFTER you have placed the order! So in other words they can charge you anything they want for shipping AFTER they have shipped your order. I got suckered into this scheme thinking that my invoice reflected what I actually ordered, only to have another invoiced email to me charging my card extra for taxes and shipping! I was fuming! IN 2013 you would think that these crooks should tell you up front what your total would be i.e. tax, shipping, handling fee and so on. I will NEVER EVER o business with such unethical company and would urge everybody to stay clear of these scammers! Stick with the real deal newegg.com or amazon.com.

I'm still fuming at these a****s!!!

"Newark is not usually our first choice since the usual suspects (digikey and mouser and sometimes allied) usually have lower prices. but once in a while Newark seems to have an item that nobody else has or for some reason it is cheaper than the others. We haven't had any problems that i can recall with their shipping speed as long as the item is in stock. right now free shipping for orders over some amount so i haven't noticed if their shipping is more expensive than the others."

"I have no problem with Newark as others have. We have a UPS account and they ship to us UPS-Collect.
There is also an option if you want one shipment or multiple shipments.
Pricing is competitive on some items and not great on others, but there are other choices in the marketplace.
They also run many promos that offer free shipping on $100 orders

"Horrible company.
They shipped each line item of my order separately AND charged me shipping charges (high) for each item. They are slow to ship, do not keep sufficient inventory, and play this shipping charge game hoping ou won't notice.
My advice - stay away for Newark.

"The worst customer service on the planet! I work for a very large company that buy's millions of dollars in components every year and Newark is my last choice in parts. It can take up to a week for them to even notice that I've placed an order. An email directly to my rep is ignored for days. Phone calls receive the run-around.

Fortunately for me, Digikey, Mouser, and Arrow usually have what I need and an immediate response (especially Digikey) to all inquiries and orders. I avoid Newark at all costs unless it's my only choice.

"The short: They show shipping cost, & I absolutely love this company, i would recommend them to anyone who is located in the US.

The long: their selection is really good. I have found multiple parts on their website that mouser & digikey didn't have. They don't have min quantities or dollar amounts. Shipping is super fast i can order it on Thurs night, and it arrives mon morning via UPS(and that's just standard, located in FL). Also shipping is shown upon checkout, so you don't have to guess. generally it's about $6. If you look, most complaints are those who are ordering from outside the US. Alot of Newarks' stock is in the US, but some parts aren't; and for those you do have to pay $20 per part to ship it, But it's clearly marked under the initial product search results. And substitute parts are easily found.
Then they follow up and send you a coupon in the mail for your next order.
I have also spoken with their customer service via online chat, with question about parts, they know what they are talking about and are very helpful.

"One word for this store, very very overprice in shipping cost, and they dont give their customer a chance to choose whether they want to continue their order or not with that kind of high shipping cost."

"I too have walked smack in a similar situation. Has ordered in them 25 pieces of light-emitting diodes CXA2011 (483$). Has paid attention to absence of the price of delivery. They have only a delivery type. Has chosen more cheaply, (as in Russia mail badly works) and has checked up on site FedEx (~130$) and has ordered. Has been surprised when has seen invoice. The delivery price became 289$. They ostensibly have sent her at once without my consent to such price.
All my attempts to refuse the order and to find out the reason of such disgrace in what haven't resulted. Answers to questions hasn't received.
Has made inquiry in FedEx on my parcel. Their answer 111$.
Children from NEWARK haven't bad profited. They would be closer to Russia ;)
It is affiliated firm Farnell and I didn't think that at them in branch so all badly.

"I got the delay relay I ordered relatively quickly. The strange thing about this site is the lack of upfront information about taxes and shipping. They offer lots of shipping options and I opted for USPS shipping. In the confirmation email for the order, they charged me $5.65 in freight charges. The product arrived with a USPS label that said $6.65. So no complaints there. However they charged me NJ sales tax plus tax on the shipping charge, which I thought was unusual.

I wrote in to ask them about the NJ sales tax since they're not located in NJ and they replied: "You were charged NJ sales tax because Newark does have physical presence in the state of NJ via work at home sales staff located there. Newark is registered in 40 of the 45 states that have a sales tax and is therefore required to collect sales and use tax in those states."

Overall I can't complain too much since I got what I paid for in 5 days, but they should probably update their checkout and billing processes to be more conventional.

"Have been using Newark for 35 years for buisness, averaging 3-4 orders a week. Invariably excelent company to work with."

"I placed my first order at newark on sunday 8/28/11, After going through the online ordering process this site kind of freaked me out on what the shipping cost might be.
I ordered
40 x Transistors - stmicro 2n7000
5 x Hall sensors - Honeywell ss449r
the product total was $6.15
shipping was $2.09 to texas

Sounds good so far.. when I was checking on my order today it showed as backordered..
I called and explained I order sunday and there was 10,000+ each of these parts what happened.. I was told a glitch in their software does that or orders placed during the weekend..
and i was told its shipping today...

i'll agree it is a little nerve racking that shipping cost are not exposed up front, but In my case can anyone say they turned a profit on my order.. It seems like some times you win and sometimes you loose in their shipping game according to reviews here

I'd like to think newark will fix this issue or at least call and confirm a cost prior to any commitment.. maybe even charge a small handling fee per order to cover this..

"I ordered a $12.42 Lithium C battery from Newark because they came up with the most affordable price on-line for the battery I needed. I should have been suspicious when Newark did not quote shipping or tax, but I figured they were legit. Turns out "Freight" was $32.81--Are you frickin' KIDDING me?! The battery weighs less than 2 ounces and theoretically came UPS Ground. "Sales Tax" was $3.73 (where is sales tax 30%?!) No itemized invoice came with my shipment. I had no idea I was going to pay almost FOUR TIMES the price quoted until I saw the bill on my credit card statement. I had to go back to Newark.com and pull up my invoice in order to see the ridiculousness. I wish I had checked their on-line reviews before I'd placed my order. LOOK SOMEPLACE ELSE FOR YOUR ITEMS! "

Newark element14 is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Newark element14  is a merchant member
Newark element14 participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,858 merchant members.