Newark Electronics Reviews - newark.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.33/10 21 reviews

Newark Electronics is not a merchant member
Newark Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered what was pictured; they sent what was linked in their listing to a "technical data sheet", which wasn't REMOTELY anything like the product pictured. Bait and switch. Lesson learned, AVOID AT ALL COSTS unless you want to get burned."

"Buyer beware!!! These fraudsters will tell you one thing and do another. Beware that what they don't tell you up front when you order is that they will charge you tax and shipping AFTER you have placed the order! So in other words they can charge you anything they want for shipping AFTER they have shipped your order. I got suckered into this scheme thinking that my invoice reflected what I actually ordered, only to have another invoiced email to me charging my card extra for taxes and shipping! I was fuming! IN 2013 you would think that these crooks should tell you up front what your total would be i.e. tax, shipping, handling fee and so on. I will NEVER EVER o business with such unethical company and would urge everybody to stay clear of these scammers! Stick with the real deal newegg.com or amazon.com.

I'm still fuming at these a****s!!!

Rating 8/104/5

"Newark is not usually our first choice since the usual suspects (digikey and mouser and sometimes allied) usually have lower prices. but once in a while Newark seems to have an item that nobody else has or for some reason it is cheaper than the others. We haven't had any problems that i can recall with their shipping speed as long as the item is in stock. right now free shipping for orders over some amount so i haven't noticed if their shipping is more expensive than the others."

Rating 8/104/5

"I have no problem with Newark as others have. We have a UPS account and they ship to us UPS-Collect.
There is also an option if you want one shipment or multiple shipments.
Pricing is competitive on some items and not great on others, but there are other choices in the marketplace.
They also run many promos that offer free shipping on $100 orders

"Horrible company.
They shipped each line item of my order separately AND charged me shipping charges (high) for each item. They are slow to ship, do not keep sufficient inventory, and play this shipping charge game hoping ou won't notice.
My advice - stay away for Newark.

"The short: They show shipping cost, & I absolutely love this company, i would recommend them to anyone who is located in the US.

The long: their selection is really good. I have found multiple parts on their website that mouser & digikey didn't have. They don't have min quantities or dollar amounts. Shipping is super fast i can order it on Thurs night, and it arrives mon morning via UPS(and that's just standard, located in FL). Also shipping is shown upon checkout, so you don't have to guess. generally it's about $6. If you look, most complaints are those who are ordering from outside the US. Alot of Newarks' stock is in the US, but some parts aren't; and for those you do have to pay $20 per part to ship it, But it's clearly marked under the initial product search results. And substitute parts are easily found.
Then they follow up and send you a coupon in the mail for your next order.
I have also spoken with their customer service via online chat, with question about parts, they know what they are talking about and are very helpful.

"I too have walked smack in a similar situation. Has ordered in them 25 pieces of light-emitting diodes CXA2011 (483$). Has paid attention to absence of the price of delivery. They have only a delivery type. Has chosen more cheaply, (as in Russia mail badly works) and has checked up on site FedEx (~130$) and has ordered. Has been surprised when has seen invoice. The delivery price became 289$. They ostensibly have sent her at once without my consent to such price.
All my attempts to refuse the order and to find out the reason of such disgrace in what haven't resulted. Answers to questions hasn't received.
Has made inquiry in FedEx on my parcel. Their answer 111$.
Children from NEWARK haven't bad profited. They would be closer to Russia ;)
It is affiliated firm Farnell and I didn't think that at them in branch so all badly.

Rating 8/104/5

"I got the delay relay I ordered relatively quickly. The strange thing about this site is the lack of upfront information about taxes and shipping. They offer lots of shipping options and I opted for USPS shipping. In the confirmation email for the order, they charged me $5.65 in freight charges. The product arrived with a USPS label that said $6.65. So no complaints there. However they charged me NJ sales tax plus tax on the shipping charge, which I thought was unusual.

I wrote in to ask them about the NJ sales tax since they're not located in NJ and they replied: "You were charged NJ sales tax because Newark does have physical presence in the state of NJ via work at home sales staff located there. Newark is registered in 40 of the 45 states that have a sales tax and is therefore required to collect sales and use tax in those states."

Overall I can't complain too much since I got what I paid for in 5 days, but they should probably update their checkout and billing processes to be more conventional.

"Have been using Newark for 35 years for buisness, averaging 3-4 orders a week. Invariably excelent company to work with."

"I ordered a $12.42 Lithium C battery from Newark because they came up with the most affordable price on-line for the battery I needed. I should have been suspicious when Newark did not quote shipping or tax, but I figured they were legit. Turns out "Freight" was $32.81--Are you frickin' KIDDING me?! The battery weighs less than 2 ounces and theoretically came UPS Ground. "Sales Tax" was $3.73 (where is sales tax 30%?!) No itemized invoice came with my shipment. I had no idea I was going to pay almost FOUR TIMES the price quoted until I saw the bill on my credit card statement. I had to go back to Newark.com and pull up my invoice in order to see the ridiculousness. I wish I had checked their on-line reviews before I'd placed my order. LOOK SOMEPLACE ELSE FOR YOUR ITEMS! "

Rating 4/102/5

"They do not show shipping and handling costs at checkout so you are left trusting them. I did receive the part in reasonable time and it was the correct part but their business practices are unacceptable to say the least. I would suggest that you call them to get the total cost before you order so you are not surprised."

"This company is a joke. I ordered a few hundred small cable clams for $22.00 and it took them over 2 weeks to ship while I was charged for 3 separate shipping charges. That's $18 in shipping. Called them up and they tried to explain the reasons this happens but wouldn't do anything about it. There was no way for me to foresee this situation and I wouldn't have done it in the first place if I knew either the cost or the lead time. But I have to deal with it because they can't get it together."

Rating 4/102/5

"I Placed an order on a Sunday – the total in the cart came to $103.88 without shipping etc.

My card was charged $126.70 that day.

On the following Tuesday I received another charge from Newark for $145.43? I Called to find out what was going on – was told I was charged tax (fair enough) but the package was expected to weigh about 5 lbs so $34+ shipping UPS Ground seems a little insane – especially as I was left to trust them to be fair on shipping costs as they do not calculate shipping costs in their shopping cart before checkout...

I told the guy on the phone that if I knew that the shipping was so unreasonable I wouldn’t have placed the order.

“before we make assumptions let’s wait until your invoice becomes available” he says...

Later that Tuesday night – the invoice shows up via email – $120.95 including shipping and taxes etc... Which Sounds about right...

The next morning (Wednesday) another charge on my card for $120.95 – the amount on my final invoice.

So then 3 charges to my card – still reflected as deductions on my account balance
$120.95
$145.43
$126.70

I expect that two of those charges will roll off before the end of the week but still... Visa and MasterCard card processing rules require a business NOT charge a card before an item is shipped. This is to prevent the inconvenience of multiple charges being deducted from a person’s account for the same order.

I doubt I will do business with these clowns again... The final charge seems reasonable enough, but If I didn’t have $393.08 on my balance to pay for this $103.00 order I would have run into serious overdraft charges like at least one other reviewer had experienced due to Newark’s sloppy processing procedures.

This is the first review I have ever written on any company and the only reason I'm writing this review is because people do need to be aware that if you do order form Newark.com you should have at least four times the cost of your order available on your card to avoid running into overdraft charges or etc...

I’m a businessman. Rule number one – the very first thing you learn in business is.... You Don’t Mess Around With A Customer’s Money..

That’s Bad for Business..

modified review This review was modified by M.B.Denham on November 12 2013 11:01:36 AM

"Don't order from Newark. Just don't do it. I have, on different occasions, requested pricing from Newark and 99/100 x's their price is 3x higher than Digikey, or Mouser. For any item that is directly shipped from the factory they add on a $20 charge, NCNR, in addition to your freight charges. What is wrong with Newark? Example: 1592ETCDBK - check $ at Newark and Mouser/Digi for one piece and you will see what I'm talking about. I could give you more examples. I really stopped by this site to see WHO are the people who actually LIKE buying from NEWARK, but, I still can't figure it out."

modified review This review was modified by shantelf on November 17 2010 01:56:32 PM
Rating 4/102/5

"I order from Newark frequently for work. When it comes to ordering components things tend to get shipped relatively fast, although they could definitely improve. However when it comes to purchasing large items and test equipment they are severely lacking in speed and service. They don't seem to stock what I would consider pretty common oscilloscopes and multimeters, even from major companies like GwInstek, Agilent and Tektronix, despite listing most of their products as available. They also don't really seem to follow through on lead times, since 14 day lead time items seem to take 1-2 months to arrive. There are definitely better places to go than Newark for this type of stuff, although my purchasing department might beg to differ. Overall for test equipment I pretty much always head to Test Equity first now."

modified review This review was modified by krotchy on October 02 2010 03:24:18 PM