• Newark element1

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2015-06-24

"Ordered 3 $90 switches online to be shipped to a customer 6/2/15. System said in stock and ship in 2-3 days, customer called 20 days later to check on shipment. When I called on 6/22 for status the rep said would ship on 6/24 and he would send a confirmation email which I received. 6/24 I checked online for status and it said "cancelled"! When I called a woman said that they sent a second email on 6/22 asking for credit card address confirmation (email that I could never find) and because I never replied they cancelled my order without even a phone call! SO, I asked that they reactivate the order and ship it today 6/24. The reply was they would have to process order that would take 6-8 days for them to receive from Schneider OR I could pay an additional $50 to drop ship it directly!!!!!! No sense of urgency at all regarding my needs and got the "oh well" you never replied to our email from the reps. "

This review was modified by airvac911 on June 24 2015 07:19:18 AM

2015-04-30

"They charged me tax while their company does NOT have any branch/store in Michigan! I called the first time and the representative says it's not Tax, but instead a charge they implement on new buyers just because you haven't bought items from us before (wtf?). So I went on LIVE CHAT to get the matter resolved and the lady there said that "I think we do have something in Detroit, Michigan. That's why you have to pay tax. But I'm not sure, so please email us the question instead". So I called them one more time over the phone and a stupid guy name Ray told me that he pays tax for everything. That's why they have to charge me Tax even though I don't live in Illinois and they don't have any branch in Michigan. I was dumb-found by his answer and ask if he ever makes online purchases anywhere outside of his own Newark.com. He said he goes to the barber to cut hair and has to pay tax. And I, from Michigan, am obligated to pay tax for a company in Chicago Illinois! It's so frustrating to talk to theses idiots who really has no idea and just want to rip you off in the name of GOVERNMENT TAX! When I tried to explain to him that his company's practice is non-sense and asked how what percentage tax rate they base on (Michigan or Illionois rate?) and where will this purchase's tax money go to (Michigan or Illionois). He just beg the question and told me to go talk to my Congressman if I want to avoid tax.

Please, guys. Next time just mark up the item's price double and get rid of these cheesy, robbing trick all together. NO BODY CHARGE TAX FOR ONLINE PURCHASES UNLESS SELLER AND BUYER ARE IN THE SAME STATE! Get it?

Now I cannot even cancel my order because their order confirmation email does NOT even have an order number. Yes, REALLY!!

PLEASE PLEASE stay clear from theses crooks!!!"

2014-10-21

"I just closed my account with Newark and canceled my pending orders. No one seems to know what they are doing when you call them. No customer service, communication or on time deliveries. Last order took 6 to 8 weeks to receive and lots of phone calls to get this done (order Number: 591650). The order I just canceled (confirmation-37223691) had been placed on Oct 2nd and as of Oct 21st no one knew where it was and never got shipped. Always some type of excuse and no results. Maybe they don't like clients from California.
Newark did not ask me for this review."

2014-10-13

"Overall rating for Newark is 3.5 out of 5. The reason I take off 1.5 pts is due to, pricing is one of the highest but shipment does not necessarily go out the same day, some do, some don't. I purchased a product "knowing" I'm paying premium, also assuming it would ship the same day. Did it ship the same day? No.

2014-10-03

"I am a hobbyist. I am pleased with Newark's comprehensive web site. Considering the vast number of products that they carry, Newark provides a good tool for finding the right product. Having the technical specifications available is a big help in designing the project. When I called with a questions, the representative was very helpful. The one recommendation that I have is to add an estimate of the shipping costs to the order before payment. "

2014-10-02

"Newark element 14 has been a friend. From a large variety of parts to good prices to prompt delivery - we at Fancort.com are truly impressed.
Your customer service by chat, phone & email are also superb.
Thank you again and keep up the good work."

2014-10-02

"everything has been done expertly as always...no complaints....I think you had a small problem last week with part of online order entry screen, but my rep entered order over phone, so all was well..."

2014-10-01

"There was difficulty getting the quote I wanted. It seemed the sales rep did not understand what I wanted even though I had to provide the make and model. "

2014-09-29

"I was so impressed as my order was confirmed/acknowledged that day and shipped the next day"

2014-09-24

"Cari Spitzer is my customer service rep and she has provided great support."

2014-09-20

"Fast service. Easy ordering. Would like to not have to create an account, just quick order. Otherwise good service. "

2014-09-17

"With no minimum purchase requirements, my order arrived as offered. QUICK shipping!.....A+"

2014-09-04

"Fast turnaround, reasonable prices, huge selection of products, including the latest - it's all great!
But sometimes "5 weeks delivery from UK stock" means 4 months of waiting and receiving dented caps in the end.
Also, finding a component sometimes is much harder, than it should be (e.g. try to find a resistor with temperature coefficient, say, < 50 ppm/K using "Select a Min" and "Select a Max" fields) "

2014-09-02

"Easy purchase process. Parts needed are almost always in stock. Fast shipping. Easy Invoice retrieval."

2014-09-02

"Very good service with this order. quick delivery."

Share Newark element14 's store rating

Newark element14 is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Newark element14  is not a merchant member
Newark element14 does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!