Product & services pricing Rating 4.29/10 4.29/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

"At first I liked Neebo until I was trying to received a refund when I was double charged. I had to call six times over a month and a half period trying to get my full refund to only have multiple mistakes and poor customer serves from Neebo. I was told by several Neebo worker I would get my full refund, which never happened till I requested the supervisor. Neebo treated me horrible as a paying customer and barley made up their horrible serves/ mistakes to me. "

modified review This review was modified by NicoleHiltner on October 10 2014 11:46:13 AM

"I'd give this company less than 1 star if I could. I rented some textbooks with them over the summer, returned them in the same condition and yet two months later they sneak in another $30 charge on my card without even contacting me to say why. Shady company. Don't do business with them"

Neebo User

"I placed an order, received a confirmation email, and then heard nothing. After 2 weeks I emailed Neebo asking why I haven't received my book, then got a reply saying my order was on backorder and they were trying to find a book. I asked how long that would take, and received an email saying my order was cancelled. Why was I not made aware my book was on back order when I first placed the order? And why would I have never been told this or that my order was CANCELLED if I didn't contact them? I have no idea, but I'm very annoyed."

Neebo User

"That's fine, but I bought a book with an estimate of 4-14 days with regular standard shipping that got from ValoreBooks to my home QUICKLY (even on a holiday weekend) and I paid for a book with expedited shipping from Neebo.com which still hasn't arrived. I ordered both books on the same day. Food for thought.
I'll definitely use ValoreBooks.com again and suggest it to anyone!

Neebo User

"I definitely would NOT recommend ordering from Neebo for any textbooks. They lack customer service and communication. In my experience I needed to return a textbook because the class I needed it for was canceled, however when I tried to log into my account and access my return information their websites had a plethora of errors and wouldn't allow me to continue. Therefore, I had to contact customer service via email/phone. The first time I tried contacting them I was meet with rude customer service over the phone that said it was my fault that the return part of their website wouldn't open. Next, when I tried emailing them and explaining my situation they stated that I didn't need to worry because I was within the 21-day return policy and they would be emailing me a shipping label. However, I didn't receive the shipping label until a week later. Once I received the label the file was corrupt and wouldn't open. I called once again and they said they would be emailing me shortly with another return label and I need not worry about the 21-day return policy. Soon after I talked to the final customer service representative they sent me four emails from different "e guest service" employees, each one listing a different excuse as to what the problem was. I finally received a shipping label and was able to mail it back. There are so many other online bookstores that sell used, good quality textbooks at cheaper costs and less hassle. I would NOT recommend using Neebo for any reason."

Neebo User

"The most horrible experiences will come with this company. If you are going to a local store, then more than likely you will be in full bliss but until you have ordered from their website or called their customer service, you have truly not see how horrible their service and incompetence is. Their prices are low for a reason. They do not have good communication with their other stores and won't tell you that something in your order is on backorder or has been cancelled. Being a college student, everyone knows that timing is everything and this is unacceptable. It was not the first bad experience with them but it will be the last. Customer service is nice but they clearly have not been given the proper resources or training to be a true professional. I am done with this company. So if you come across it, run in the other direction!"

"I ordered several books from Neebo. I picked up 4 in store and wasn't given an option to pick up the other 3 so I had them shipped. I paid $15 per book for 1-2 day shipping. It's Friday 8/22/14. My classes begin Monday morning and 5 days later I'm still missing a book. Neebo didn't provide me with a tracking number on this missing book. It only informs me that it has shipped. Again...I paid $15 for the promise of 2 day shipping. Only one of three arrived on time and the third will be late and I will either look like a fool or find some way to buy another copy of the book I need. I am immensely frustrated and displeased. "

modified review This review was modified by TristonHall on August 22 2014 07:46:24 PM

"We ordered two books and lab goggles for a summer class. Paid for the two day shipping at a whopping $14 PER ITEM. Not only was the shipping NOT even close to two days but the goggles STILL haven't arrived a week later. Absolutely terrible service. NEVER NEVER again."

modified review This review was modified by flor101 on June 26 2014 06:52:05 AM

"I just chatted with a rep from Neebo. I mailed back one of my textbooks early because I dropped a class and never heard if they received it or not. When I spoke with the rep, she said they received the book, but because there were "beverage stains," they couldn't accept it and would charge me the non-return fee. I barely opened that book, let alone spilled anything on it, and there was no way to prove it, which was really frustrating. All she could tell me was that I could be charged regardless of whether I did it or not. It was a USED book, everything on it was already there. I bet they'll just turn around that rent out the same book to someone else and charge that person the same non-return fee for the "beverage stains." Avoid renting from this company. I regret not having researched them more thoroughly. "

modified review This review was modified by DisgruntledStudent on March 12 2014 04:07:22 PM

"Same thing as everyone else!! Returned the books and the inept people didn't process it correctly so they charged me for it. When I returned the books, I asked for a receipt and they said one would be emailed to me. When one wasnt I went back to the store and they told me I had no books due and not to worry about the receipt. Later I was charged for the books. I tried calling and got the run around and the person basically called me a liar and refused to return my money. I had to get my credit card to reverse the charge!! This company is pathetic and all who work there should be ashamed!!!"

"This company is absolutely awful. Not only was the book late, but it was damaged when I received it. I tried contacting the company regarding the quality of the book, but of course there was no option for it. Trying to contact a real human being was pretty much not a possibility. I have received an email today stating that the book was damaged when the company received it back and now I will be getting charged for the full price of the book. Why should I have to pay for a book that was already damaged when received from this no good rip off company?"

modified review This review was modified by RMBJPB on February 04 2014 07:23:03 AM

"I rented a book from them, turned it in over 30 days before the due date, and now; 2 months after I sent the book back (I sent it back on August 8, 2013, they have sent me an email and charged my account for the book charge because according to them they cannot find my book. When I call the rep says that the only person in the entire company who can track the return shipping labels is out until Monday! I do not get paid until Tuesday and the money in my account was for my son's daycare next week so I can work to put myself through school! Now I am pretty much SOL according to them because there is nothing they can do....are you kidding me? This company is a rip off! DO NOT RENT FROM THEM FOR ANY REASON! THEY MAY SEEM CHEAP AT FIRST BUT THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF TO BECOME THE MORE EXPENSIVE AND UNETHICAL COMPETITOR IN THE BOOK RENTAL BUSINESS!"

modified review This review was modified by Lacey05 on October 11 2013 12:17:12 PM

"Horrible company. Do not buy anything from this company. They will be out of business someday. I used coupon to purchase items, and I placed my order successfully. After a week I still didn't get my stuff, and I logged in and check. Then I found that they canceled my order. The reason is the item is out of stock. And I enter the number of item, the website shows that it is in stock. And the coupon was expired too, because I already used it to "purchase" some stuff. And then I have to pay full price to buy those bs. That's how they make money."

modified review This review was modified by mxy9944 on October 07 2013 09:17:24 PM

"This company is absolutely horrible. First, they charged me for turning in my books late, but then said that if I returned them that they'd reimburse me. Second, I shipped back my books A MONTH AGO and NEVER heard anything back. Third, when I tried to call them about my books, the guy on the phone said that he could reimburse me for it, but then he got an ERROR message on his screen, so he had to escalate it to another manager...which will take 3-5 business days for a response. Fourth, not only did he not reimburse me, he said that one of the books had WATER DAMAGE, which it didn't have when it left my house, so they won't give me the money back from that one...which, OF COURSE, is the MOST EXPENSIVE ONE!!! I fought with the man a little bit on it, but he was extremely apathetic and said that it was probably something that happened IN THE MAIL! I asked him, "So, if something happened to it IN SHIPMENT, it's still MY FAULT?" and he said, flatly "Yes." What is wrong with this company!? Warn EVERYONE you know not to do business with this company. I had no choice because the store in my town got shut down, so I couldn't take them to the physical store...just go to textbooks.com or amazon and SAVE YOUR MONEY!"

modified review This review was modified by cinnamonbonescrunch on October 04 2013 10:44:03 AM

"Do not do business with these people! At first, I thought this was a great website that I found...prices were reasonable for the rentals and shipping was free both ways. What's not to like. Well, after I returned all of the books on time, I got an email from them stating that I had not returned a couple of the books. I replied to the email that there must be a mistake that they were all mailed together. I didn't get a response, so I called them. The phone rep then told me that they had in fact received the books in question, but that they were water damaged, that the mailman must have dropped them in a puddle (clearly a scripted response). Again, I stated that this is impossible as I had returned all of the books in a very large box, and how could only 2 be damaged? They apologized and reversed the charges for the books. So, I thought I would use them again the following year, but guess what...they pulled the exact same thing when the books were returned...this time they refused to reverse the charges. Clearly, this is how they make money. I will never use them again!!"

modified review This review was modified by cemmwilson on August 27 2013 01:22:42 PM

Neebo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Neebo is not a merchant member
Neebo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!