Product & services pricing Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"We ordered two books and lab goggles for a summer class. Paid for the two day shipping at a whopping $14 PER ITEM. Not only was the shipping NOT even close to two days but the goggles STILL haven't arrived a week later. Absolutely terrible service. NEVER NEVER again."

modified review This review was modified by flor101 on June 26 2014 06:52:05 AM

"I just chatted with a rep from Neebo. I mailed back one of my textbooks early because I dropped a class and never heard if they received it or not. When I spoke with the rep, she said they received the book, but because there were "beverage stains," they couldn't accept it and would charge me the non-return fee. I barely opened that book, let alone spilled anything on it, and there was no way to prove it, which was really frustrating. All she could tell me was that I could be charged regardless of whether I did it or not. It was a USED book, everything on it was already there. I bet they'll just turn around that rent out the same book to someone else and charge that person the same non-return fee for the "beverage stains." Avoid renting from this company. I regret not having researched them more thoroughly. "

modified review This review was modified by DisgruntledStudent on March 12 2014 04:07:22 PM

"Same thing as everyone else!! Returned the books and the inept people didn't process it correctly so they charged me for it. When I returned the books, I asked for a receipt and they said one would be emailed to me. When one wasnt I went back to the store and they told me I had no books due and not to worry about the receipt. Later I was charged for the books. I tried calling and got the run around and the person basically called me a liar and refused to return my money. I had to get my credit card to reverse the charge!! This company is pathetic and all who work there should be ashamed!!!"

"This company is absolutely awful. Not only was the book late, but it was damaged when I received it. I tried contacting the company regarding the quality of the book, but of course there was no option for it. Trying to contact a real human being was pretty much not a possibility. I have received an email today stating that the book was damaged when the company received it back and now I will be getting charged for the full price of the book. Why should I have to pay for a book that was already damaged when received from this no good rip off company?"

modified review This review was modified by RMBJPB on February 04 2014 07:23:03 AM

"I rented a book from them, turned it in over 30 days before the due date, and now; 2 months after I sent the book back (I sent it back on August 8, 2013, they have sent me an email and charged my account for the book charge because according to them they cannot find my book. When I call the rep says that the only person in the entire company who can track the return shipping labels is out until Monday! I do not get paid until Tuesday and the money in my account was for my son's daycare next week so I can work to put myself through school! Now I am pretty much SOL according to them because there is nothing they can do....are you kidding me? This company is a rip off! DO NOT RENT FROM THEM FOR ANY REASON! THEY MAY SEEM CHEAP AT FIRST BUT THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF TO BECOME THE MORE EXPENSIVE AND UNETHICAL COMPETITOR IN THE BOOK RENTAL BUSINESS!"

modified review This review was modified by Lacey05 on October 11 2013 12:17:12 PM

"Horrible company. Do not buy anything from this company. They will be out of business someday. I used coupon to purchase items, and I placed my order successfully. After a week I still didn't get my stuff, and I logged in and check. Then I found that they canceled my order. The reason is the item is out of stock. And I enter the number of item, the website shows that it is in stock. And the coupon was expired too, because I already used it to "purchase" some stuff. And then I have to pay full price to buy those bs. That's how they make money."

modified review This review was modified by mxy9944 on October 07 2013 09:17:24 PM

"This company is absolutely horrible. First, they charged me for turning in my books late, but then said that if I returned them that they'd reimburse me. Second, I shipped back my books A MONTH AGO and NEVER heard anything back. Third, when I tried to call them about my books, the guy on the phone said that he could reimburse me for it, but then he got an ERROR message on his screen, so he had to escalate it to another manager...which will take 3-5 business days for a response. Fourth, not only did he not reimburse me, he said that one of the books had WATER DAMAGE, which it didn't have when it left my house, so they won't give me the money back from that one...which, OF COURSE, is the MOST EXPENSIVE ONE!!! I fought with the man a little bit on it, but he was extremely apathetic and said that it was probably something that happened IN THE MAIL! I asked him, "So, if something happened to it IN SHIPMENT, it's still MY FAULT?" and he said, flatly "Yes." What is wrong with this company!? Warn EVERYONE you know not to do business with this company. I had no choice because the store in my town got shut down, so I couldn't take them to the physical store...just go to textbooks.com or amazon and SAVE YOUR MONEY!"

modified review This review was modified by cinnamonbonescrunch on October 04 2013 10:44:03 AM

"Do not do business with these people! At first, I thought this was a great website that I found...prices were reasonable for the rentals and shipping was free both ways. What's not to like. Well, after I returned all of the books on time, I got an email from them stating that I had not returned a couple of the books. I replied to the email that there must be a mistake that they were all mailed together. I didn't get a response, so I called them. The phone rep then told me that they had in fact received the books in question, but that they were water damaged, that the mailman must have dropped them in a puddle (clearly a scripted response). Again, I stated that this is impossible as I had returned all of the books in a very large box, and how could only 2 be damaged? They apologized and reversed the charges for the books. So, I thought I would use them again the following year, but guess what...they pulled the exact same thing when the books were returned...this time they refused to reverse the charges. Clearly, this is how they make money. I will never use them again!!"

modified review This review was modified by cemmwilson on August 27 2013 01:22:42 PM

"HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY. I rented a book from a local book store, they said they would be closing but I would receive an email with a shipping address, and a free shipping label. Never received any information from Neebo. So I had to call to figure it all out. I finally got the label and I sent it (well before the due date). Now several months later I get an email saying they never got it and I'm getting charged."

modified review This review was modified by Sam9215 on August 03 2013 09:24:27 PM

"Horrible experience and even worse customer service. I rented 3 different books from their company...2 from online and 1 in-store. I returned all 3 books just as instructed. 6 weeks later I noticed a charge on my bank account. When I called Neebo's "customer service" I was advised that the charge was because they never received the book I took back to the store. I was told to call the store because it was bought by another company and all of Neebo's records were sold with it. They refused to contact the other company (even though I was told to turn the book into them and assured that Neebo's would get it) to try to resolve the issue. After an hour on the phone, they discovered that the charge was for a different book...one of two books that I had mailed back to them IN THE SAME PACKAGE. They finally agreed to refund my money for the "missing" book but they refused to take responsibility for losing the book. I was told "in the future, the book was MY responsibility until they received it in their warehouse." I will NEVER deal with them again."

modified review This review was modified by jeffani on June 26 2013 03:22:47 PM

"DONT NOT BUY! I didnt listen and I fell for a cheap price. They had a mymathlab code for $25. I ordered 2nd day shipping(+$15), but they still shipped it UPS ground(5-7). Then they tried to cover it up by not giving me a tracking number on my statement. LASTLY they left my apartment number off of the address they gave UPS! There are a thousand apartments in my complex how am i supposed to get my package?! I have nothing but complaints for this company and I hope they go out of business.

modified review This review was modified by neebosuckmydck on January 16 2013 04:43:37 PM

"I should have known not to order from Neebo again when I returned my rental book the prior semester and they kept sending me emails about not receiving it. Well, for some dumb reason, I decided to give them another try. I ordered two more books from them and only one was delivered to me. When I checked the status on the other book, it still showed "processing". That was three weeks after I placed the order. I called customer support and they told me my order was canceled because the book was out of stock and asked if I received an email about it, which I did not. I was told to keep checking back with them to see if it was available. When I couldn't find the book any where else, I called them back and spoke to a different rep that told me the book was in stock, so I placed my order again and paid for 2 day shipping since I needed the book immediately. The next day, I get an email telling me that the book is not available as a used rental but it is as a new rental, of course for $50+ more. When I originally placed the order, it showed used was available. I told them to just place the order for the new rental because I needed the book like three weeks ago. Hopefully, I will receive the book before the semester ends 3 months from now. After this semester, I do not plan on using them for text books ever again. Save yourself the hassel and look for your text books some where else as well."

"Hello,
I just wanted to let anybody who is considering using Neebo to please reconsider. I was just informed that I will be charged the cost of a book that I rented because it was returned with "water damage", which is how I received it from Neebo. Neebo will rent to you what they consider "unusable" books and then try to charge you once it's returned. Also, they just take it from your card with only an email as warning before they do it. These are things I ask you consider before renting from Neebo, so you may avoid having the same disappointing experience I had.

"DO NOT USE THIS FOR BUYING BOOKS! Terrible customer service...I sent my book back following the instructions in the email and used the pre printed label, apparently I sent it to the wrong place and was charged for the book, they said they never received it and could not even track there own shipping label! Use bookrenter.com I saved $350 on 5 books renting over Neebo for the upcoming semester."

"Horrible, just horrible. First the book was late because they cancelled my order by accident claiming they thought it was a fake order. I used the website. Now, I was late returning the book and they charged the full price of the book. What!?!?! A late fee I understand, but the full price is unreal? They say the book is mine now so we'll see if they return it to me. I couldn't get through to a manager and supposedly they'll get back to me."

Neebo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Neebo is not a merchant member
Neebo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!