• Nantuckit.com

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2015-02-01

"First, sorry for the long post. This site does not allow paragraphs. You can email me at ebnewsom (-at-) cox.net and I will share my pictures with you and answer any other questions you have. This was my first time in ordering a couch from Nantuckit, and my first time ordering a couch online ever. We purchased a slipcovered sectional. We needed a durable and washable fabric. I chose Nantuckit mostly because of their warranty. Overall, it was not a good experience - the couch is good but the customer service is lacking. So if you are a first time buyer and expecting help through the process, this might not be the company for you. If you understand the details or have someone else who can help you, then I would say that the couch seems to be well made and maybe this is the company for you. The shipping took longer than the 8-12 weeks they advertise on their website. The ordering process was tedious. It took almost two weeks to receive the swatches, and then I wasn't even sent the one I requested. They do have a lot of fabrics to choose from, but they also constantly change and they don't update their website with the changes. So don't get your heart too set on one before you make sure it's available. Their website is awful - unless it has changed in the past 3 months - very cumbersome and difficult to navigate and see exactly what pieces they have for each couch, especially if you are a first time online buyer like me trying to get acquainted with their product. The best thing to do is find a style of couch you like and then look at each piece available for that couch. They have different side pieces and different wedges. Then find the fabric you like. The rest of the ordering process is through email. You will enter into a contract with them. You have to pay for the couch in full before they even start making it. Perhaps this is industry standard but I disagree with it. I think a deposit at the beginning and the rest upon receipt is more fair, 50/50, 60/40 or something like that unless they can build and ship within a month. I have had it for a little over a month. When I first received it, the shipping company put it together where I wanted it in the room and removed all the packing material. One of the movers complained about his job the whole time. I noticed there were threads everywhere which kind of worried me but I didn't see any defects in the fabric. The sectional is held together by interlocking brackets, and it is easy to move yourself. They always have free shipping so that is a plus. It just isn't very quick. They load up a bunch of couches from lots of different companies and then make stops along the way, so the closer you live to Tennessee the quicker you may get your couch. One thing that is nice is that each piece is slip-covered - the arm, the base, the back, each of the pillows - so if something gets dirty, you don't need to wash and iron an entire humongous piece of fabric. I have an extra large washing machine but I think each piece might fit in a standard machine as well. Very manageable. And it is held in place by strips of velcro so it stays put very well. When I received it, the slipcover on the arms was too big, about an inch longer than it needed to be. I pulled it more towards the back to hide it on one arm, but on the other arm you can see the front and back of the arm so I just had to even it out and smush it a little bit in the middle. I ended up washing this arm piece to see if it would shrink and it did. The arm fits great now, but the bottom is shorter than the rest. And more threads at the seams are popping out so I'm not sure what is going to happen with that. The couch is very comfortable. So again, overall a good couch, but I highly doubt that I will purchase anything from this company again, and I won't recommend them to my family and friends. They did send me a small discount off my couch for the time it took to ship. Their customer service is awful. Once I paid for the couch I never heard from them again unless I initiated contact. I didn't even hear from the shipping company once they had my couch and it was on its way (Nantuckit told me this would happen). I did finally get a message from the shipping company but again, only after I called Nantuckit. And then I got the same message from the shipping company 2 weeks AFTER I received my couch. So, they definitely have some work to do in the communication department. I hope this couch lasts 15-20 years, otherwise I paid too much for it for my satisfaction level. "

This review was modified by ebnewsom on February 01 2015 08:28:26 AM

2014-11-17

"This is the third time I've ordered a sofa or sofa sleeper from Nantuckit and I love all three of them. Anna was so helpful and made the process so easy. She's a sweetheart.
I'm getting ready to order another sofa sleeper from them soon. I wouldn't even think of ordering from anyone else.
The most recent purchase was delivered on the exact day they said it would arrive."

This review was modified by carolyncolangelo on November 17 2014 03:53:01 PM

2014-11-04

"I love, love, love our sofa, loveseat, and ottoman. The quality is better than we expected. The fabric is high quality, as is the workmanship..... very well made. Delivery was awesome. Anna was extremely helpful and patient, some of the colors of the fabrics on our computer were not anything like the actual. She was able to get us exactly what we had in mind. It was such a pleasure to shop on the internet and I highly recommend NANTUCKIT. I did shop around quite a bit, before settling. We have purchased many sofas in our 50 years of marriage and we especially love this set."

This review was modified by kjvb on November 05 2014 03:56:05 AM

2013-08-12

"I have never bought furniture online before, but after sampling the rumpled slipcovered offerings at Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel, I turned to the internet to see what was available. After an exhaustive search, I found elegant white slipcovered couches at Nantuckit. The selection of fabrics was excellent and Anna sent as many samples as I requested. She walked me through the entire process, patiently addressing any concerns I had. The couches were carefully delivered by a white glove delivery service and were as well-constructed as furniture I inherited from my grandmother, and the slipcovers were a crisp, clean fit. (They wash well, too.) In addition, when I mentioned that the couches were a little high for my 5ft.2inch frame, Anna sent me shorter sofa legs at no extra charge. I highly recommend not only their quality and craftsmanship, but their wonderful customer service."

2013-04-25

"I am so delighted with my cottage style couch from Nantuckit furniture! It's beautiful, well made and so comfortable I can't get my husband off it on the weekend! Wonderful, personal service. Anna Hill was so helpful too and having so many fabric samples to select from was great."

2013-03-27

"LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my sectional from Nantuckit. I was a little leery buying a couch from the internet because I'm all about comfort. But I must say this is the most comfortable couch (went for all the cushion upgrades). Super easy to purchase and the staff was extremely knowledgeable/helpful. Even the moving company was awesome!!! Would definitely reccommend them to anyone!"

2012-10-23

"I highly recommend Nantucket furniture. I had been looking for small slipcovered chairs and ottoman for my study. I tried everywhere and then started looking on line and was still having trouble and somehow found them. They had exactly what I wanted; it was NOT inexpensive but the furniture is very well made and looks wonderful. No one can believe that I purchased it sight unseen. Anna was simply great to deal with and helped both purchasing the pieces and later when the one yard of extra fabric was wrong, making sure the mill sent the right one."

Share Nantuckit.com's store rating

Nantuckit.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Nantuckit.com is not a merchant member
Nantuckit.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!