• Address: 3990 Varsity Drive

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Hello,

I purchased the Chaos 1313-A laptop from Mythlogic about 6 months ago and wanted to write a review about my experience in dealing with the company and the product itself.

First, my interactions with the company pre-purchase were great, the customer service department was very helpful in helping build a system that suited my purposes of both gaming and engineering applications. They even pointed out a processor sale that saved me about $300 for a minimal loss of performance, which allowed me to upgrade my hard drive to a 1TB SSD, which made me very happy.

After placing my order, the build process took longer than quoted and the responses from customer service were lacking a bit but the laptop made it to my door in great condition and working well. My dissatisfaction with the post-order customer service was quickly forgotten once I had my laptop in hand and got to using it.

Now, for my laptop's specs:
Processor: Intel Core 17-4810MQ @ 2.80GHz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB mSATA
Network Adapter: Killer Wireless-N 1202

This laptop is great overall, boots very fast due to the large SSD, the display looks amazing and I like that it is a matte screen, the graphics card allows me to play games like Bioshock Infinite on ultra graphics settings, the laptop is very light at around 4lbs, and the i7 processor handles the demands of engineering software quite well. The negatives about this machine are minor, the rubberized finish on the lid picks up fingerprints and whatnot like it is its job and it is kind of hard to clean, it usually takes some serious elbow grease to get it clean. Upon resuming from hibernation, when the login screen is visible, it often takes a few taps of the enter key to actually get in, instead of logging in on the first button press. Lastly, the case structure is a little lacking, I have developed a few spots where the finish has worn off despite always being stored in a slappa case at all times when not in use.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend Mythlogic to others interested in a high performance machine. I will likely purchase my next laptop from them as well.

"These guys are the best. I was tired of buying out of the box computers and wanted something custom made. After much research I brought in the specs. of what I thought I wanted based on my needs. I am not a gaming enthusiast but utilize my laptop for business purposes - running multiple applications at the same time.

Their honesty was refreshing. Again...based on what I wanted they said I would be spending too much money on what I would be using the computer for. We walked through each item of the build and Mythlogic saved me hundreds of $$$. The turn-around time was great along with their customer service.

Trust me. These gents are honest...they know what they are doing and will take care of you. - Hal (Ann Arbor)

"Mythlogic worked with me in replacing Nyx 3713 with Pollux 1613 and 'm very happy with the new system. Pollux 1613 was tested thoroughly and shipped with Windows 8.1 with all the updates. Jeff Cline was very helpful and kept me updated in the process of building the system Pollux 1613.

In testing phase, Mythlogic ran different benchmarks with PCMark8 with specifics to photoshop modules. Jeff also updated the system with compatible windows8 BIOS/EC.

I would highly recommend mythlogic and Thanks to Mythlogic to work with me in replacing Nyx 3713.

modified review Rep reply posted Dec-06-2013

clineman, Mythlogic Corporation rep has responded

“Thank you for the kind words Prasad.”

"Excellent communication and support throughout payment to order, and thereafter. The most honest business I've ever dealt with. Highly recommend them. "

"Top of the line products are mirrored by top of the line service and support. I was looking at purchasing an Alienware when a friend told me about Mythlogic. Mythlogic was able to offer BETTER equipment for several hundred dollars less than Dell. Not to mention, Dell was ZERO help in answering my technical questions about equipment specs. Mythlogic's teams of extremely knowledgeable technicians were able to answer every question (and I had several).

I purchased this system almost two years ago and have had ZERO complaints about the system. I am in the process of upgrading my GPU and SSD, so I reached back out to Mythlogic. They answered all of my questions and addressed every concern - even without the guarantee of a sale! Where else can you find that level of customer service?

Great job Mythlogic! I wish you guys all the best!

"*I apologize ahead of time for this rambling review; i dont write these very often...*
I spent weeks comparing resellers to find the "best build" for my clevo w110er; eventually I found Mythlogic to be superior in many ways. First thing that got my attention was the vast amount of great reviews for the company and not one unsatisfied customer to be found. Second benefit was the huge amount of winter freebies and discounts that made Mythlogic not only competitive in price but gave me the cheapest laptop for the features i wanted. After deciding on Mythlogic, i became familiar with their unmatched customer service; every time i tried to contact "One Smart Nerd" through their live chat found on the website; i was greeting with a polite and honest answer. there was a slight delay in the testing (nothing compared to horror stories i heard from people who went with other companies, my delay was like 2 or 3 days, hardly worth mentioning really but i wanted to mention a downside to make my review a bit more balanced) anyway the delay was over before i knew it and Mythlogic has earned themselves a very satisfied customer! To all of you deciding on which company should build your rig, remember that a "Sager"(most popular clevo reseller brand( is almost always sold from a middle-man; go with somebody(Mythlogic) who builds it from scratch themselves, they have work ethic(one of the few online companies that does)

modified review This review was modified by DaleAM on March 14 2013 10:38:40 AM

"There are many choices for those of us looking to buy a Clevo-based high end laptop. Mythlogic seems a bit unique to me in that they are pretty small for a company building from Clevo shells and not reselling Sagers (not that there's anything wrong with that). My perception of Mythlogic was of a small, detail-obsessed company made up of a handful of gamer-nerd-geek guys. That appealed to me, and with their pricing being only negligibly more than your basic Sager I felt like they were a no-brainer based on the added individual attention your system receives. I would suggest you go to their website and take advantage of the live chat and read through what they have to to say about their approach, then price out what you're looking at side by side with your favorite Sager re-sellers. I am not affiliated in any way. I am a paying customer."

"I don't usually write reviews for products or companies but I felt that this company provided such a good buying experience I owed it to them to come here an let everyone know how good they are.

Customer service. So many companies extol how important that is to them and so many fail so horribly at it. That's not the case with Mythlogic. They are attentive, patient and might I say humble. I received replies to emails within an hour on many occassions (even in the middle of the night Michigan time). It's rare to find people in this field (computers) who are so good at what they do yet humble enough not to brag, tout or put down others who may be less knowledgeable.

While I could have saved a few bucks (debatable) if I had gone with a big clevo reseller, I didn't because these guys build high perfromance machines themselves and know what they are doing and their warranty backs that up.

These guys provide great value.

"I browsed the web for quite some time looking for a laptop when I stumbled upon the whole Clevo/Sager thing. I didn't like what I heard about Sager, so to avoid that I wanted a company that built their laptops instead of just reselling them. Mythlogic did a great job with my laptop and answered my questions quickly with good honest answers. The laptop came around a week and a half after I ordered it and I've been happy with it and Mythlogic ever since."

"My Pollux 1612 just arrived last week. I am very happy with it. The guys working over at mythlogic were very helpful throughout the process. I changed my mind a few times, they always accommodated my change of mind!
I'd definitely recommend them to my friends.
GO mythlogic!!

"I am very happy with the service and product from Mythlogic. I had placed and order, and then changed it in the middle of the process. They were able to make the change and keep the order going. All correspondence (IM and emails) were professional and the people I talked to were very knowledgeable and helpful. They were also patient with me, even though I being a bit of a pest. I would recommend your next custom machine/laptop come from Mythlogic.

Should also add, I think the shipping box could have been dropped from 20' and the goods inside would have been safe. Very well packaged.

"I'm an older geek, having been dealing with computers since the mid 1970s and PCs and laptops since the late 1980s. I will simply say that my Mythlogic experience was the best I've ever had in dealing with system dealers. I proudly own a new Nyx 1711 laptop, and every part of the process was easy. Like another reviewer here, I had Mythlogic talk me out of spending more money on a component they felt wouldn't make much difference in the way I use my machine. That, to me, is an attention grabber. They obviously care more about their customer and long term relationships than milking out the last buck from a quick sale.
And the laptop? Quite simply the best I've owned. Almost ridiculously fast, and the upgraded screen is a joy to behold. Overall, a solid machine, more than capable of running my games and applications.
I had heard that Mythlogic was more expensive than some of their competition. First, they have no true competition; while there are Sager resellers out there, Mythlogic is really a custom builder, using Clevo shells. That means that they can offer more than a typical reseller. Better warranty, better repair service, and unique policies like the Phoenix Upgrade Plan, which is as close to “future proofing” as any computer system can get. When I compared prices of Mythlogic machines with Sager resellers, Mythlogic was not only not more expensive, but when you add the value of their unique policies and their focus on the customer, you get much more than you are with the other guys for the money.
Not only have I become a Mythlogic customer for life, but I’ve been raving about them to friends and family all over the country. Working with them, you will end up for the most bang for your buck, and a system that reflects what you do, not some mindless marketing package. Combine all of the above with friendly, knowledgeable staff who often return emails within minutes, and they blow all other vendors out of the water.

"Great pricing, awesome service. These guys know their stuff. I walked in and they laid everything out for me and was able to get the parts I wanted plus a little. Buying all my parts from here from now on."

"I have been nothing less than impressed with my order from Mythlogic, not only were the staff extremely polite and knowledgeable, they never tried any forceful sales strategies and let me take my time making a decision. If your looking for supreme quality and service than look no further, if Mythlogic doesn't have it believe me they can get it. I look forward to buying a hardcore gaming laptop from them in the future."

"I'm not big on leaving reviews, but I feel obligated in this case. A few years ago we were having some issues with our laptop and were contemplating getting another one (only computer in the house at the time). We were referred to Mythlogic via our neighborhood chat forum. I'm not very technical so I was a little intimidated about taking it to a stranger. After meeting the staff, especially Charlie, we were immediately set at ease. They were not only extremely knowledgeable about the system, but they provided one of the best examples of customer service we have ever experienced. Charlie and staff took the time to correctly analyze the problems we were experiencing and worked hard to resolve them. That day we ended up leaving a happy customer with a working laptop. Since then I have returned to Mythlogic to purchase our 2nd laptop. Now my wife and I each have one! I HIGHLY recommend Mythlogic.

Paul

Mythlogic Corporation is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Mythlogic Corporation is a merchant member
Mythlogic Corporation participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,921 merchant members.