Stores > Myrtle Electronics (also: HotBuys Electronics)
  • Myrtle Electron

Voice your opinion! Review Myrtle Electronics (also: HotBuys Electronics) by clicking a star below.
2009-08-06

"I purchased a nikon point and shoot from these guys. Got the whole USA version Crap too and had to pay more for that or got Asia warranty. Got the camera and it was broken right out of the box, so i made the mistake of returning it to them. 5 months later I still do not have my money back, do not have my camera and have wasted HOURS on the phone with Yake and everyone else there who are the epitome of the Going out of Business electronics store from Zohan.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE. THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.

I am reporting them to their local BBB as well.

2009-06-15

"Major headache ! This company does not sell merchandise but advertises goods to involve credit card information for questionable practices. My order was never filled, communications were sparce and the entire experience was shady.

Have yet to get through the credit card mess to clear up the charges against my account. (now in fifth week).

NOT RECOMMENDED, STAY AWAY.

2009-06-08

"I ordered some wireless headphones from MyrtleElectronics almost two months ago. Sent them a follow up email a month ago and they said it was to ship soon. Still no headphones. I then looked up seller ratings and decided to cancel the order. Should have looked up their ratings first. I just hope they don't try to hit my credit card, as I will refuse payment. Try another outfit if you don't want a headache and if you actually want what you ordered delivered to you in a timely fashion"

2009-04-29

"Submitted order on a Tuesday - heard nothing for 2 days. When I called, got an answering machine indicating they were closed until that Friday. Still had heard nothing as of the next Wednesday - emailed and they wrote me back saying that my order had been sold out! I researched the seller (including this site) and called the number they provided to cancel my order. I was brusquely told "OK...no problem." I told them I wanted a FULL refund ASAP. Called 2 days later to check on it - was told it would happen that day. Called on Monday, was told I would be sent a check. I stated that was completely unacceptable and they agreed (again) to a credit card refund that day. I did receive my refund last night, but it was a huge HASSLE - and here it is 2 weeks later and still no new camera."

2009-04-29

"Hie!
I ordered at this shop some photo devices for my friend. He gave me the i-net link to this shop. It was my mistake that i did not check the reviews for this shop... I am conformating that all of "bad" reviews here - it is true!! Because i met the same situations - rude man on phone, too many promices and as a result - nothing...
This shop promised me to ship my order during TWO WEEKS! I heard many times from them: "we will ship it tomorrow... tomorrow..." during that weeks. Two weeks gone! I canceled the order, they promised to refund my card during 10 days but they didn't!!! Now my bank refund my card - i have money again.
!!DO NOT BUY ANYTHING AT THIS SHOP!!

2009-04-17

"This is a scam, new products are promised but old products are sent, i think somebody in phillipines or china or some other country is operating this online shop, i didnt understand a single word what he said, and ended up wasting $300 without any reason (just for returning a $500 product)

I do not have time to get into the whole deal but if you feel u r hosed please contact consumer protection agency and sue these bastards

2009-04-08

"!!! FRAUD- Bait and switch + credit card abuse !!!

I searched Google shopping for the lowest price that was in stock with free shipping. MyrtleElectronics.com had a link on Google Shopping listing the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT for $558.24 and in bold red letters on their Web page, "This Item is NEW." with the matching price of $558.24 and free shipping. So far so good.

Per instructions, I called to verify the order. The man was brusk and had few skills at caring that I was a customer and not an enemy but said that it would ship that day. Then I received a call back the next day from someone talking so fast and with such an accent that neither my wife or I could make out more than "electronics" and the phone number.

I called and after he looked me up by zip code, he asked if I wanted the European maps version for that price or the USA version for $130+ more!

I informed him that I ordered the USA version for $558.24 and expected to get it. He told me I would have to take a refurbished model for that price and could not return it!

They have not updated Google shopping with a the USA price, their own Web site still states it as being NEW for this price, and worst of all, they charged my credit card number so many times that the bank was forced to cancel my card!

I tried to call the company but they are closed from today, Thursday the 8th, until next Friday the 17th and I can't even leave a message on the machine!

Let's hope I am the only one that has these problems.

2009-04-08

"I placed an order on Sunday, the 5th of April. I emailed them on Monday asking for information on shipping, like date it will be shipped and tracking information. I received no email back, and tried again on the Tuesday. I then called on Wednesday to confirm, as I had not yet been billed for the device yet, and the message on the 800 number indicated that the office was closed from the 8th-17th for Passover. So at the earliest, my device would not have gone out until the 18th, nearly two weeks after ordering it. And after reading the reviews here and seeing myself headed down a similar path, I have cancelled the credit card and been issued a new one, and will never be doing business with this company in the future.
Thank you.
Unsatisfied customer

2009-04-08

"DO NOT RISK THE HASSLE! I purchased an item. Experienced the personnal call to sell you an alternative item (more money). I received my item in a timely manner and appeared to be what I ordered. But I ordered from MYRTLE and invoice was from HOTBUYS.
I changed my mind but had not noted the restock fee of 15% (who does that anymore?) Returned item per instructions. Multiple contacts (e-mail and phone) and eventual refund minus rediculous restock fee AND...GET THIS...A FEE equal to 3% of purchase was added. A fee? For what? To place it back on the shelf? Refund also comes via PAYPAL so there is a 1 to 3 day delay to hit your account. (I called PAYPAL in California to verify the refund was being processed, again my dime).
I will pay the difference and only shop at known, quality sites from now on. These guys are stereotypical New York cons. I bet they have trenchcoats full of watches...

2009-04-07

"Basically the worst online retailer that I've ever ordered from. I wished I had paid attention to the bad reviews before I purchased. Their customer service is poor and unresponsive to requests. They are slow and/or unresponsive unless provoked and try to add dubious extra charges."

2009-04-06

"I bought a DMR-EZ48VK Panasonic VCR DVD recorder for $238.18 that was stated as NEW on their website. After purchasing I found this site and the negative reviews. I was hoping for the best but sure enough they sent a refurbished item. I could have bought a refurbished one on eBay with an HDMI cable for $150. If I sent it back it would cost $20 shipping and $35 restocking fee,and I still would not be guaranteed to get a refund, so I decided to eat this piece of crap as a learning lesson. STAY AWAY FROM THESE LIARS AND CROOKS!!!"

2009-02-27

"AVOID THIS COMPANY! After placing the order it took a week to "process" the order and another week after that to ship it. They obviously didn't have it in stock.

Then the Panasonic SDR-S10 camcorder came without the 2 gig SD card advertised as included. The documentation is stamped to indicate that the card isn't included, but the sticker on the camera itself says it is included and nothing in the advertising indicated that the card wasn't included.

I didn't bother to make an issue with the company--I got an 8 gig card for $14 and it's not worth my time to deal with shysters like this.

Camera does work fine once I finally got it and bought the card.

Don't be fooled by their low prices--it's not worth your time or aggravation to deal with them.

2009-02-23

"Wow! AVOID AVOID AVOID - Ordered $1456 order on feb 16th with Frank's promise to get it to me by friday for a monday install - great price on items HOWEVER apparently not in stock nor orderable nor did they feel it worth it to give me a call even though they had all of my info! Fudge, they could have snail mailed me and I would have been in better shape. So I called friday but too late in the day, they are closed on Sat but on Sunday I talked to a guy named Victor who yelled at me! Then when I called on monday they told me they called me on sunday and told me that the item was out of stock... Well gee thanks, F-N liars and a**holes. Do Not buy from these guys!"

2009-02-12

"I ordered a micro stereo shelf system that was advertised as new. When I received it, it was VERY beat up, not in an original box, and obviously NOT even close to new. I called and asked for an RMA number, and the guy tried to get me to keep the item, but finally gave me the #. The invoice was from Hot Buy Electronics at a different address that my FedEx Ground shipping software indicated is a residential address. These guys are scammers running this out of a basement. I immediately filed a dispute with my credit card company, as I figured they would not issue my refund, which they did not. My credit card company issued the refund to me after a month of "no respnse" from the scammers. These are nothing but SCAMMERS -- AVOID them. "

2009-02-10

"The area on their website for tracking orders doesn't work. I called to check on the order and they told me my item was out of stock and no idea when they could expect it in. There was no place on the site when I ordered that told me they were out of stock. They also told me they called me to let me know but they never did. They have good prices, but I'll never order from them again. "

Share Myrtle Electronics (also: HotBuys Electronics)'s store rating

Myrtle Electronics (also: HotBuys Electronics) is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Myrtle Electronics (also: HotBuys Electronics) is not a merchant member
Myrtle Electronics (also: HotBuys Electronics) does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!