Product & services pricing Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10

"Wow! Wish I would have found this website before! Looks like most of us are having the same experiences. Time for a BBB complaint? I encourage you to do so if you are as unsatisfied with this business as I was: http://www.bbb.org/losangelessiliconvalley/business-reviews/lingerie/my-divas-closet-in-cerritos-ca-264034

This company - which I would assume is just Lisa - not only let me down on this order, but deceptively lied to me about available stock in the process. To summarize, this lie ultimately crushed my entire month-long of research in finding the right wardrobe because it will now not be complete.

For what it's worth in the betterment of humanity, I provided her my experience:

Monday (10/27, all times in their store's PST):

7:00pm: I have bookmarked 5 different stores with this wig/color in stock, but decide to go with My Diva's Closet. Knowing I have all week, emergency issues appeared highly unlikely. Before placing my order, I decided to wait until the morning when the store opens so I could call and ask about which shipping service would be necessary.

Tuesday (10/28):

11:38am: My first call to My Divas Closet as a precaution, curious about which shipping service to order (2 day or 3 day, seeing both services should make it in time). I wanted to clarify which service would ensure my product arrives in a timely manner. I left a voicemail kindly asking for a call back as soon as possible.

11:56am: My second call to My Divas Closet, increasingly becoming eager to place my order "well in time" before the website's stated "items ordered before 3:00pm ship the same day" statement to ensure my product arrives in a timely manner. I left another voicemail kindly asking for a call back as soon as possible, stating that I will be placing my order with the more "secure" bet, 2 day shipping, just in case.

12:00pm: Placed the order and received receipt from website with order number as well as PayPal's receipt.

1:56pm: Called again to leave another voicemail but the mailbox was full!

2:05pm: As a last (and only other) effort to ensure everything will be alright, I emailed them at support@mydivascloset.com.

6:19pm: Finally, an email response came, however stating "Do you have the order number? I couldn't find an order under your email."

6:24pm: I immediately forward my receipts over, both the website's and PayPal's also stating "This is a very time sensitive matter so I hope you understand my distress."

6:34pm: I get a response, "Unfortunately, the items you've ordered have sold out."

6:36pm: I get a follow-up two minutes later, "Please ignore the last email! I sent it by mistake! The wig you ordered will be ready to ship tomorrow for delivery on Friday. Would this work for you?" I respond, "Please ship only if the item will make it by Friday-- it is, after all, an item that will be used that day for Halloween."

Rest of evening: For as big of a pain in the ass this ordeal was, I was happy it would finally work out. At this point, I knew there would be no need to order through one of the other businesses with a 1 day delivery. That night I slept peacefully, knowing everything would be fine.

Wednesday (10/29):

6:23pm: I get a follow-up, excited to click the email, anticipating a tracking link with shipment confirmation but only to read, "Hello, we apologize that we could not fulfill your order. We will cancel the order and issue a full refund. Please allow several business days for the refund to appear in your bank statement. We appreciate your patience in this matter!"

I can already tell this experience doesn't matter to this company-- this is quite evident by now; apologies already would have normally been offered 10 fold. Customer satisfaction is the basis of all professional business models, but that's a key word there missing from my experience-- professional. In fact, it has come to my attention that there may not even be a business model. Their limited correspondence has been so insincere and draining-- the complaint to explain my experience itself even felt like a waste.

I'm still doing it for the better of human kind, as all of you should.

modified review This review was modified by the-ownage on October 29 2014 07:24:08 PM

"Awful. I ordered a Halloween costume, with some accessories. They then sent me an email 4 days later stating what I ordered was out of stock and I could replace it with something else! How handy! NOT! The entire order was based off the costume obviously. Now I won't have a costume for Halloween, as its 2 days away. I could have ordered it from any where else and had a costume - will never order from them again. Lame. "

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They are horrible! I ordered my Halloween costume and spent extra money for fast shipping because I had a Halloween party to attend before Halloween. It came late! Then when I opened the packaging the zipper was broken! It screwed me over so bad for my party. Then I requested a new one and in time for Halloween. Then they told me they were all out and if I wanted to order a different costume! I said no and said I wanted a refund. Then I had to pay to return it! During this process they wouldn't answer when I called and took forever to respond to emails. I have never been treated so rudely or so poorly!"

modified review This review was modified by kkelner on October 28 2014 04:30:48 PM

"One of the worst online retailers I've ever tried to do business with. I placed an order, and they charged my card right away, but days later told me the item was sold out. They offered an alternative and confirmed that it was available, which I accepted, but then days later they told me that it was sold out as well. Thus, after eleven day of back and forth trying to confirm the order, it was canceled, allowing me no time to find a replacement with another vendor. Don't use this company if you're counting on them to deliver or be accurate. "

"Absolutely suck. Never answer phone, can't leave a voicemail because the box is full. You never know the status of your package and can never get in touch with anyone to find out about it. Come to find out my package was on back order and never received an email about it. I even paid for fast shipping and didn't find out about this until one week later. There business should be shut down because they're so unprofessional and unorganized. They're clearly trying to lose money because they don't care about their customers. I will never order from this website again or even refer anyone to it. I'll make sure to have people avoid this website."

modified review This review was modified by Ahuerta on October 03 2014 10:26:17 AM

My Diva's Closet User

"I wrote them an email asking about a product and they responded promptly! When I made my order it was shipped very quickly and the product was of good quality. No problems at all!"

"I would NOT recommend this company. I ordered a colored wig and never received any confirmation of my order. Two days later, I emailed to check the status and to get confirmation. After not receiving a response for two days, I called several times, and each time, no one answered the phone, and the call was disconnected. I contacted the company via Facebook. Still no response. A few days later, the number on the website changed. I called, still no response.
After reading the other reviews with similar experiences, and seeing other reviewers indicate not being able to get in touch with the vendor, the number frequently changing, I set up a dispute in Paypal. THEN the seller contacted me, saying they had "moved" and would be late with my shipment, and would email me shipping info within 3 days. Apparently they move once a month because so many other people have had the SAME experience with late orders, no confirmation, phone numbers that frequently change, and not being able to get in touch with anyone! I cancelled the order, as I did not want to deal with such poor business.

I did get my money back fast, and I'm certain it's because I involved Paypal. This company operates like a scam, and I would avoid them.
Everything negative that is being said is true. Do NOT deal with this company.

modified review This review was modified by indygodawg on July 29 2014 12:43:51 PM

"I ordeedr 8 items from this company. delivery was extremely late. I could never reach anyone via phone. To check the status of my order. I received an email stating that the items had been shipped. When I finally received my order over 10 days late, there were 3 items missing. I have received several emails promising to credit my money for the unpaid items.. NO REFUND as of the posting of this review.. Stay away from this company! "

modified review This review was modified by tiann1crook on March 11 2014 03:42:56 PM

"Tried to order a Halloween costume last minute for the weekend. The website offers 2-day shipping, which I thought would be worth the additional cost to get everything to me in time, even with a day to spare. I was wrong!

The day after I ordered, I e-mailed to inquire about the status of the shipping and to make sure everything was still on schedule. They apologized for the delay and told me that it would be shipping out the following day. The next day, it did not ship out, and my e-mail received no response.

A couple of days later, I finally managed to catch someone on the phone (most of the time no one picks up), fully intending to cancel my order. They told me that one of my items was sold out, but they had a size larger if I wanted to switch to that. Still skeptical, they offered overnight shipping and told me that everything would ship out in a few hours, so I agreed.

By the end of the day nothing had shipped yet. I called (no answer) and e-mailed to inquire again, and was told that the larger size was ALSO sold out, but that I could get everything by Monday, past when I needed it. Had they informed me one of the items was sold out, I would have left the one item behind and continued with everything else. But communication with this company is atrocious.

This place is a total waste of time. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else.

modified review This review was modified by naisudhfiaf on October 25 2013 05:08:29 PM

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. I placed an order several weeks ago and paid extra for faster shipping. I haven't received a single email or call about my order. I have attempted to contact them through email and phone multiple times. My Diva's Closet has been very quick to charge my card for the order, though! This is the first time I have dealt with such a horrible company. If you're looking for cute lingerie or costumes, try yandy.com. They are an actual company with real representatives and actually give you the items you paid for. "

modified review This review was modified by darisa on July 21 2013 03:59:39 AM

"I ordered my corset on june 5th and needed it by june 28th, after two weeks of not receiving any confirmation email from them that my item was shipped i finally emailed them and they told me the item has been out of stock for several weeks and they will not receive new shipment for another few weeks. they didnt even have that next to the item when i ordered it that it was out of stock and when i tried calling them after they sent me that email no one answers and they wont respond to my email either. thankfully i paid thru paypal so they will garuntee my money back if they dont hear from them either. TERRIBLE SELLLER **SCAM** will NEVER order from them AGAIN!!"

modified review This review was modified by tessa_p08 on June 24 2013 11:55:53 AM

"I thought my package might have not been shipped- turns put it was delivered to the wrong apartment . Before I knew someone else had received it, I tried calling the listed number. No answer any time I called. If it would've not fallen into the hands of an honest neighbor I would have lost my money. There are lots of comments here talking about great customer service- I don't know how that's possible when they don't have a working number listed. I will not order from here again, nor will I recommend it to anyone. "

"I ordered a costume and the website stated it was ready to be shipped next day- I paid extra money to have it sent in 3 days- The 3 days came and my costume was not at my home. I call there customer service line and no one picks up- Finally I get my costume today and it is not even what I ordered- wrong size and wrong costume- I looked up what they sent me and it is much cheaper- I keep calling and no one will pick up the phone. Never use them- they are horrible! SCAM!"

"TERRIBLE experience, merchandise never arrived. I was only contacted ONCE to be advised that my merchandise would be "3-4 days late as they were out of stock". After 1 month never received anything. No one answers the phone "even during business hours", no one replies e-mails.

To me, this is a SCAM and they should be accused of FRAUD. I have already done my part through the business bureaus and the credit card company. My advise: Stay away!

"Got my order on time, I think a bit faster than the website predicted. I got it in 6 days. Some or the reviews here gave low ratings I think because it looks like a lot of those people ordered costumes and its october so maybe the costumes are just hectic this time? Idk if it would effect it. But mine came on time and I ordered a body stocking and a corset. They also gave me a 10% discount for my next purchase."

My Diva's Closet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

My Diva's Closet is not a merchant member
My Diva's Closet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!