Stores > MyPublisher.com

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.81/10 2.81/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10

2016-01-29

misleading ads

"I received an ad during the past couple of days to reprint my book which originally cost $208.32 for $50. I was very interested in reordering a number of books at this rate, however, when I tried to do so it would not give me the special rate. I phoned Mypublisher and was told that the price increase was due to special features. I explained I wasn't adding any additional features that were not in the book that I paid $208.32 for. He stated he understood my position, but stood firm that I would have to pay extra fees. I asked to speak with a manager, but he said it was a manager who was giving him the information. I am very disappointed with their misleading ad. Confirmation for shipping of the book was sent 7/28/15."

This review was modified by Molazoey on January 29 2016 08:38:08 AM

2016-01-14

Pixelated photos and mixed orders

"If you are an amateur or professional photographer, do NOT go with MyPublisher. Your photos will come out pixelated despite it being high-res photos. Also, I opted for glossy printing which you have to pay extra for and they didn't do that for my orders. When I emailed customer service, it took them 13 days to reply and then it was a "bad luck" kind of reply. Since the glossy printing requires paying extra, it is a product that they failed to deliver despite taking money from their customers. "

This review was modified by scebta on January 27 2016 10:17:39 PM

2016-01-05

"I have purchased multiple books through my publisher. Up until the last one the quality was good. The last one the print changed and printed all to the left margin and the font changed. When I called immediately to have it fixed the customer service was atrocious!! I was hung up on twice. The wait time is a massive lie and good luck getting anyone to answer you in under 72 hours!!! What kind of customer service takes 72 hours to respond?!?! Finally after hours of being on the phone they transferred me to another department that agrees it was their error and they are looking into possibly fixing it!! Why do I have to fight to have an error in their program to be fixed in my book that I paid really good money for. I won't work with them again which is a disappointment since I have used them for years"

This review was modified by Jennifersatt on January 05 2016 09:11:31 PM

2015-12-29

"Horrible company. Plan on waiting forever on the phone... plan on waiting forever for a response to your emails... plan on the order status never being updated... They have the option to chat, but it never works because apparently they can't keep up with all the complaints. When you finally get a response.. their replies are snarky and unapologetic. Can't rate the product because it never got delivered."

This review was modified by terry.cleeton on December 29 2015 07:35:57 PM

2015-09-20

"I’ve used MyPublisher for the past 4 years in spite of inconsistent quality and inadequate customer service when problems occur because they offer massive discount codes every other day that lure me back. This time, I am done with them. If you are lucky, 50% of the time you will receive a good quality book in a timely matter for a decent price (although their shipping costs are ridiculously expensive). When things go bad, have no confidence that MyPublisher will fix the problem and anticipate that you will spend hours contacting customer service. I recently made a book and ordered 10 copies of it. Almost 2 weeks later I had received no email updates and no books and had to contact the company to verify that the order went through. It had but they were experiencing delays. A few days later 3 or 4 books arrived. They all had defective covers and spines. I contacted customer service. I then had to wait days if not over a week more for the remaining books to arrive so I could call back customer service, tell them that they were all defective, and email them photos of the books. They agreed to remake them. Over a week later, the books started arriving again in multiple packages. There were only 9 books when there should have been 10. Only 1 was made without defects. The other 8 all had the same problem with the cover and the spine. To make matters worse, 2 out of the defective 8 were missing 4 pages of content inside! I called customer service for the 3rd time. They said they would pay shipping for me to send the books back for “their review”. I don’t trust them to make the books correctly – they’ve demonstrated that they can correctly make a book 5% of the time. And I don’t trust them to provide the full refund that I want if I send them all of the defective books back and have them out of my hands. I’m cutting my losses and moving on to another book maker. "

This review was modified by SC00 on September 20 2015 08:17:42 PM

2015-09-10

"I purchased the "de luxe" 30 pages book, had no problem with their customer service. I was designing the book myself (sizing/placement) and found the software hard to use (wish the zoom was smooth, that would have helped). After a lot of trials and errors I managed to design a nice album. It came pretty fast (about 2 weeks) and was very nice except for one thing, although it all looked good on the review provided the pages were printed a little too low (1.5 mm), not as perfect as I was hoping but close enough. Besides that the book is superb, nice thick pages, good colors, great cover. For the 38$ I paid I'm satisfied. I must have been lucky, seeing the numerous bad reviews. "

This review was modified by bodhide on September 10 2015 01:48:57 PM

2015-09-09

"Poor Customer Service and Shipping Policy.

I have used Mypublisher before and been impressed by their quality of their books but when things go wrong it is bad news for the customer. After doing several previous books with them I decided make another book with my publisher, however this time it would not upload to the site, this lead me to five or 6 calls and a month with customer service before being able to upload the book to their website which then after 3 weeks the book was mailed to the wrong address to which Mypuvblisher refused to send a replacement copy of issue a refund stating their return policy below:

All items, materials or Services purchased through MyPublisher are made
pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and
title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to our carrier.

This is absurd to spend hours creating a book spend $100+ dollars on it wait 3 months and then never receive it or be issued a refund,run away

This review was modified by twilson37 on September 09 2015 06:25:43 PM

2015-09-03

"Like some of the other reviewers on this site, I've been a little frustrated with MyPublisher's delays in printing and customer service response, but I was very happy with how my last order turned out in the end. This is my 4th time using MyPublisher since January 2014. The first two books went smoothly--they were printed in the advertised 2-4 days. The third book, submitted mid-June of this year, took 8 days to print, and my queries to customer service always took several days longer than advertised. When the book finally came, though, the quality was very good.

With my latest book, submitted 1.5 weeks ago, the printing was again taking longer than expected and customer service queries took a long time to be answered. And then when I read some of the horror stories other customers had experienced, I was really starting to worry. However, I received my order today--even though the website was still saying "Received/printing" and the email shipment notification didn't arrive until my book was actually delivered. I had paid for 2-day FedEx, but MyPublisher ended up shipping it 1-day for me. And the quality looks great, so I am pleased. (I was also on a time deadline. I had three copies of my book in the order, and I needed to ship one of them to my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary next week. I was worried the books wouldn't arrive early enough for my parents to get their gift on time. But, the order came today, so I can mail their book tomorrow and they should receive it a couple days ahead of their anniversary.)

I know that MyPublisher was acquired by Shutterfly and has been moving their operations, so I understand that this transition has probably been the cause of the problems. Despite the frustrations in delays, I haven't had a problem with quality (although I learned that the photos do tend to come out a little darker than what I see on my computer, so I've learned to lighten them slightly first). And, while customer service responds much later than advertised, they have been courteous.

I'm hoping that the kinks will finally get worked out after the Shutterfly transition, and MyPublisher will return to smooth operations. Still, I think it would have been helpful if they would have explained on their website to expect some delays. For me, having my expectations set properly is very important.

Finally, MyPublisher's software is indeed a little buggy at times, although it is a very complex program. Hopefully these bugs will get worked out soon. I would like to still use MyPublisher in the future.

This review was modified by MusicGirl91 on September 03 2015 06:00:28 PM

2015-08-31

"I would give them half a star if I could. Just to be clear I did not have a groupon.
I have used this company before in the past and loved them. Recently I ordered some books for my family and for my son's first birthday. One book was damaged. I emailed customer service, which states that you will get a response in 24 hours, and no response was given in 3 days. Then I called customer service who promised me a replacement book which would be sent to me overnight.

I waited 3 weeks and hear absolutely nothing from the company. I called today and was told that they are moving their facilities from New York to South Carolina so everything is slow. Customer service did not tell me when I would get my book. I had to ask. She said at least another week!

They were barely apologetic. Lesson learned. NEVER ordering from them again. Save yourself time and money-DO NOT use MyPublisher. Find another company. I don't care how good the deals look. They are a scam.

Also look at their BBB rating. They are not a BBB certified company, which says a lot, and they previously received a ton of complaints and have a D- rating.

Like I said, I was a previously loyal customer. This has been ridiculous. I just hope I get my book.

2015-08-21

"I ordered a photo book from mypublisher on Aug 3, website stated 3-6 days, and they would email when shipped, after 2 weeks I looked at status, and it stated should be ready in 2-4 days. Then I came to read reviews, and got VERY worried! SO, I contacted service rep via email, and was told they would look into it, and get back with me within 2-3 days. In the meantime that very day it came in the mail, no pre-email that it had been shipped, then 2 days later got an email stating that it had in fact been shipped and delivered. They also informed me that the company was moving their printing from NY to Shutterfly in NC. I was above and beyond pleased with the book, guess they had some issues, but maybe resolved now with their move. Due to confusion they did reimburse my shipping, which was greatly appreciated! "

2015-07-30

"I order a lot of photobooks. Lately I've noticed MyPublisher customer service people being rude & unhelpful and the quality of the product going downhill fast.

I just ordered a premium album from them-- $600 without discounts. I pretty much ordered all the upgrades. I wanted an acrylic cover with rounded corners-- but when I went to check out they wouldn't let me choose both those things (after they fact they have informed me you automatically get rounded corners if you get an acrylic cover--- would have been nice to know--- site is very unclear on these things).

Designing the album was a lengthy process... I didn't like their designs and made my own and send them images and they redid them... It took a few weeks of going back and forth-- but they were very accommodating--- though not usually thorough (hence having to go back and forth so much).

I placed my order July 13--- and after paying $26 for shipping I didn't get my album until July 29th. By then I was ready to tear into my product. My face soon fell as I went through the pages--- most of the images had a dark quality about them (and I've printed these photos before without a problem). I tried to shake it off--- but later in the day my spouse came home and made the same observation. I also noticed some white and gray borders I put on pictures were pink and chopped off on two sides in one instance.

I sent a message -- very detailed and full of photos. The email I got back was not at all kind and the message was pretty much "tough" and "it's your fault" was heavily implied.... "The images you sent in had a Thin Pink/Grey border around the image. This was not something we added." "We do not color correct the images. We will print the images just like you see in the files. Keep in mind, when viewing them on a back lit monitor it will always be brighter than a print."

My personal experience. Once you order --- they don't care how you feel about an item. They aren't going to be kind & certainly aren't going to reprint (etc) unless you go through a big hassle and even then ... good chance not.

This is a $600 prize I actually won--- so not a big loss for me--- but the way they treated me just left me feeling icky.I assumed they even gave the prize so that people would experience their new product and tell other people how awesome it is... but at this point I can't recommend them. I certainly would never spend so much of my hard earned money at a company that treats people with a --- "sucks for you" attitude.

Mixbook. I have a problem--- they apologize & quickly send me a code or put it in a reprint right away themselves. I think I know where I'm going to be doing my business from now on. (though fair warning-- they have a problem with the binding on their last page almost always... though they usually give me a reprint.)

2015-07-13

"TERRIBLE!! At first I was super excited to of found this company. But that quickly went down hill. I wanted a premium album with almost all the upgrades(thicker pages, glossy print, foiled edging, premium leather, rounded corners the list can go on) I spent a pretty penny on this album(Over $1000.00).

I was amazed by how the designers put together the pictures in perfect order in roughly 5 business days. They changed anything I wanted. After that I put in my order. Expecting the order process to be done within 5 business days as stated on the website(lies), I went to check to see were my order was. When I punched in my order number it tells me my order can not be found. WTF?! So I called customer service. Well when they mean customer service they mean people who don't know anything. The person I talked to wasn't able to tell me anything!! She said I'm sorry I don't have the permissions to see where abouts your order is in I'll have to put in a request to my supervisor to look into that. Well come on why on their website does it say please call customer service to see the status of your order!!

Anyways I left it for a couple of days and then proceeded to again punch in my order number to see where it was. Again it tells me my order can not be found. I phone over to customer service AGAIN. They were unable to find my album. Eventually another few days later I get a call from Martha at MyPublisher. She wasn't very helpful either. She blamed the designers for the delay. And that I would have to call them to see why my album was not being processed.

WILD GOOSE CHASE!! When I got ahold of the designer let me tell you she was a real PEACH! NOT!! So rude. Asking why MyPublisher is sending me over to them and that the album is in the hands of MyPublisher. Again just a game of point the finger.

I was FURIOUS by this point! I then try phoning back to MyPublisher to talk with Martha. Well guess what she is now gone for a few days and will get back to me then. At that moment I am very very mad and start to show my frustration with the agent on the phone. When I finish there is no response. She had passed me off to Tianna in customer resolutions or something. Tianna was ok to deal with. In the end she basically tells me that my album was pushed aside for all the fathers day albums that were submitted. SERIOUSLY??? She then tells me that my album should be mailed out EXPEDITE by the end of the week.

Well it did ship out but not in the manner they told me. It then took another week to finally recieve it. By this time I'm just happy to have it....That was short lived. After only flipping through it with family in ONE evening the pages started to peel. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I have left numerous voicemails with MyPublisher to try and get this fixed! NO RESPONSE! I've emailed Martha again NO RESPONSE!!

NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS COMPANY! THEY ARE UNRELIABLE AND A COMPLETE JOKE! I WILL NEVER EVER REFER THEM TO FRIENDS FAMILY OR CLIENTS!!

STILL WAITING TO HERE FROM YOU MY PUBLISHER!!

PS YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT THE BEST! PLEASE CHANGE YOUR WEBSITE! ALL IT IS IS A LIE!!!

2015-01-14

"I'M GOING BACK TO SHUTTERFLY! Everything about MyPublisher SUCKED! Had I done my homework, I would not have purchased 6 Groupons, now I'm stuck with them and rather throw them away that try to use them. Everytime I made a book, or attempted to make a book, I ran into issues during every single step of the process. Their folks in customer service are complete idiots and completely useless! I hope they go out of business so no one else gets suckered into using them. "

2014-12-04

"I have been using MyPublisher for years. The last 2 books I ordered were horrible. I couldn't get a supervisor to speak to me was on hold over 27 min. then disconnected. Told to return the books (I checked with PO actual cost to mail $6.49 was originally charged $56.97) Told to calibrate computer and reorder which I did and they turned out worse. Pictures blurry & dark. Told to take pictures of the problem and email them to the returns dept. i never heard from them. SOMETHING has changed at MyPublisher. No longer customer friendly & No longer superior quality. I am completely frustrated and now I'm in a bind trying to get new albums made in time for Christmas. They could care less!!!!!!"

2014-12-03

"Never again. I've used MyPublisher for years, since 2008, and been increasingly dissatisfied with the service. This year however, despite the annual photobook looking fine on the software when uploading, when it arrived most of the photos were arbitrarily rotated through about 90 degrees. The book was unusable (as a present) and a call to the customer service revealed they were completely disinterested in helping, fobbed me off with a range of "can't help you" responses, leaving me to redo the entire book with another publisher at considerable extra cost and waste of time. I will never use them again. "

This review was modified by ajbb on December 03 2014 03:00:41 AM

Share MyPublisher.com's store rating

MyPublisher.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MyPublisher.com is not a merchant member
MyPublisher.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!