Stores > MyPublisher.com

• MyPublisher.com

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

Good product, but beware of hidden delivery charges.

"Great quality and prices, but with one major flaw for non US customers.

We've used them for a few years without complaint, (except for the awful design software) and have always been pleased with the price and the quality, but this time we have been hit with customs? charges which almost doubled the cost of the book.

As a consequence, we will not be ordering from them again as the cost becomes very prohibitive, especially when it is sprung on you on the doorstep as a condition of delivery.

Time to look for a decent UK supplier of photo books.

this company ****

"I had to re-order three times. They kept messing up something different. Never were they responsive. I had to badger them to even get a return email. They were rude and they didn't care. At all. And I mean AT ALL. They obviously don't give two sh*ts about loyalty but rather just rely on volume. Don't ever use this company or shutterfly or tinyprints or any of the other names they go by. They are huge and they definitely don't care about you."

This review was modified by snapsorlando on July 07 2016 10:24:38 PM

"I started my wedding album book process back in January. I had the design team design it. I got the link, made some corrections and waited.... and waited... and waited... nothing. I called and they said I need to click on the approval link in the email. I never received the email. They resent, I approved. Still weeks went on, nothing. I contact them again, we go through the process, I was able to check out on 3/11. Its now been another 2 weeks and no response. I called today 3/25 and they told me last time I contacted them it resets the clock for the process... really?? really??? I asked for the customer service rep to have her supervisor or the design supervisor to call me. I am once again waiting. They seriously lack customer focus and satisfaction. I"

This review was modified by bonniemacbos on March 25 2016 01:37:08 PM

Faulty software that CRASHES and loses created albums!!! Customer service is horrible.

"I have been working on my wedding album for the past 3 years but when I was about to place the order on Feb 10, 2016 their system crashed. I called on Feb 11, 2016 and was advised tech ticket was created, and that technical support will call me. I followed up with 3 more phone calls ( and emails) as nobody was calling me to fix faulty software, and finally my call on Feb 25, 2016 we started working on fixing their crash. After being on the phone for 2 hours and 38 minutes of troubleshooting, I was advised the latest version of my album can not be found (half the album was lost!!), and that I will need to recreate it again. I was advised by Tina that I will be given a compensation of 300$.

Of course I will not be using MyPublisher’s services in the future, however I needed to be smart about my time, so I decided to re-create my album and use that 300$ towards it.
I stayed up at night and re-created my album, however I did not find any 300$ credit on my account when I was ordering. Today, after spending another 27 minutes on the phone, I was advised there are no notes about 300$ compensation, but they can offer me a DISCOUNT.

I had a HORRIBLE experience with MyPublisher, they have faulty software that crashes and their customer services does not follow through with what they promise to do.
Deeply disappointed.

This review was modified by EditaD on February 26 2016 12:16:03 PM

Terrible quality books and covers, abysmal customer service aftercare!!! Go Elsewhere.

"Ordered two books, a cover and presentation box in Jan 2016. Products arrived looking scuffed and creased and the print quality was awful! Skin tones were grey, images dull, it had lost all impact and I was not at all prepared to present it to my client as it made my photos look terrible despite taking days polishing them all in Photoshop. Sent numerous emails to the customer service and returns team with pathetic automated responses which took days and weeks to recieve. Still no satisfactory conclusion or any personal correspondence or calls to me after over 3 weeks of anguish. I would have been open to a reprint but now I'm fighting for a refund as in the time MyPublisher has wasted in responding I've had to go to another supplier to satisfy the timeframe, quality and happiness of my client. DO NOT USE MY PUBLISHER!!!! IGNORE THEIR TEMPTING PROMOS!!!!! GO ELSEWHERE IF YOU WANT A QUALITY PRODUCT!!!!! "

This review was modified by AlexLanx on February 23 2016 01:29:06 PM

misleading ads

"I received an ad during the past couple of days to reprint my book which originally cost $208.32 for $50. I was very interested in reordering a number of books at this rate, however, when I tried to do so it would not give me the special rate. I phoned Mypublisher and was told that the price increase was due to special features. I explained I wasn't adding any additional features that were not in the book that I paid $208.32 for. He stated he understood my position, but stood firm that I would have to pay extra fees. I asked to speak with a manager, but he said it was a manager who was giving him the information. I am very disappointed with their misleading ad. Confirmation for shipping of the book was sent 7/28/15."

This review was modified by Molazoey on January 29 2016 08:38:08 AM

Pixelated photos and mixed orders

"If you are an amateur or professional photographer, do NOT go with MyPublisher. Your photos will come out pixelated despite it being high-res photos. Also, I opted for glossy printing which you have to pay extra for and they didn't do that for my orders. When I emailed customer service, it took them 13 days to reply and then it was a "bad luck" kind of reply. Since the glossy printing requires paying extra, it is a product that they failed to deliver despite taking money from their customers. "

This review was modified by scebta on January 27 2016 10:17:39 PM

"I have purchased multiple books through my publisher. Up until the last one the quality was good. The last one the print changed and printed all to the left margin and the font changed. When I called immediately to have it fixed the customer service was atrocious!! I was hung up on twice. The wait time is a massive lie and good luck getting anyone to answer you in under 72 hours!!! What kind of customer service takes 72 hours to respond?!?! Finally after hours of being on the phone they transferred me to another department that agrees it was their error and they are looking into possibly fixing it!! Why do I have to fight to have an error in their program to be fixed in my book that I paid really good money for. I won't work with them again which is a disappointment since I have used them for years"

This review was modified by Jennifersatt on January 05 2016 09:11:31 PM

"Horrible company. Plan on waiting forever on the phone... plan on waiting forever for a response to your emails... plan on the order status never being updated... They have the option to chat, but it never works because apparently they can't keep up with all the complaints. When you finally get a response.. their replies are snarky and unapologetic. Can't rate the product because it never got delivered."

This review was modified by terry.cleeton on December 29 2015 07:35:57 PM

"I’ve used MyPublisher for the past 4 years in spite of inconsistent quality and inadequate customer service when problems occur because they offer massive discount codes every other day that lure me back. This time, I am done with them. If you are lucky, 50% of the time you will receive a good quality book in a timely matter for a decent price (although their shipping costs are ridiculously expensive). When things go bad, have no confidence that MyPublisher will fix the problem and anticipate that you will spend hours contacting customer service. I recently made a book and ordered 10 copies of it. Almost 2 weeks later I had received no email updates and no books and had to contact the company to verify that the order went through. It had but they were experiencing delays. A few days later 3 or 4 books arrived. They all had defective covers and spines. I contacted customer service. I then had to wait days if not over a week more for the remaining books to arrive so I could call back customer service, tell them that they were all defective, and email them photos of the books. They agreed to remake them. Over a week later, the books started arriving again in multiple packages. There were only 9 books when there should have been 10. Only 1 was made without defects. The other 8 all had the same problem with the cover and the spine. To make matters worse, 2 out of the defective 8 were missing 4 pages of content inside! I called customer service for the 3rd time. They said they would pay shipping for me to send the books back for “their review”. I don’t trust them to make the books correctly – they’ve demonstrated that they can correctly make a book 5% of the time. And I don’t trust them to provide the full refund that I want if I send them all of the defective books back and have them out of my hands. I’m cutting my losses and moving on to another book maker. "

This review was modified by SC00 on September 20 2015 08:17:42 PM

"I purchased the "de luxe" 30 pages book, had no problem with their customer service. I was designing the book myself (sizing/placement) and found the software hard to use (wish the zoom was smooth, that would have helped). After a lot of trials and errors I managed to design a nice album. It came pretty fast (about 2 weeks) and was very nice except for one thing, although it all looked good on the review provided the pages were printed a little too low (1.5 mm), not as perfect as I was hoping but close enough. Besides that the book is superb, nice thick pages, good colors, great cover. For the 38$ I paid I'm satisfied. I must have been lucky, seeing the numerous bad reviews. "

This review was modified by bodhide on September 10 2015 01:48:57 PM

"Poor Customer Service and Shipping Policy.

I have used Mypublisher before and been impressed by their quality of their books but when things go wrong it is bad news for the customer. After doing several previous books with them I decided make another book with my publisher, however this time it would not upload to the site, this lead me to five or 6 calls and a month with customer service before being able to upload the book to their website which then after 3 weeks the book was mailed to the wrong address to which Mypuvblisher refused to send a replacement copy of issue a refund stating their return policy below:

All items, materials or Services purchased through MyPublisher are made
pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and
title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to our carrier.

This is absurd to spend hours creating a book spend $100+ dollars on it wait 3 months and then never receive it or be issued a refund,run away

This review was modified by twilson37 on September 09 2015 06:25:43 PM

"Like some of the other reviewers on this site, I've been a little frustrated with MyPublisher's delays in printing and customer service response, but I was very happy with how my last order turned out in the end. This is my 4th time using MyPublisher since January 2014. The first two books went smoothly--they were printed in the advertised 2-4 days. The third book, submitted mid-June of this year, took 8 days to print, and my queries to customer service always took several days longer than advertised. When the book finally came, though, the quality was very good.

With my latest book, submitted 1.5 weeks ago, the printing was again taking longer than expected and customer service queries took a long time to be answered. And then when I read some of the horror stories other customers had experienced, I was really starting to worry. However, I received my order today--even though the website was still saying "Received/printing" and the email shipment notification didn't arrive until my book was actually delivered. I had paid for 2-day FedEx, but MyPublisher ended up shipping it 1-day for me. And the quality looks great, so I am pleased. (I was also on a time deadline. I had three copies of my book in the order, and I needed to ship one of them to my parents for their 50th wedding anniversary next week. I was worried the books wouldn't arrive early enough for my parents to get their gift on time. But, the order came today, so I can mail their book tomorrow and they should receive it a couple days ahead of their anniversary.)

I know that MyPublisher was acquired by Shutterfly and has been moving their operations, so I understand that this transition has probably been the cause of the problems. Despite the frustrations in delays, I haven't had a problem with quality (although I learned that the photos do tend to come out a little darker than what I see on my computer, so I've learned to lighten them slightly first). And, while customer service responds much later than advertised, they have been courteous.

I'm hoping that the kinks will finally get worked out after the Shutterfly transition, and MyPublisher will return to smooth operations. Still, I think it would have been helpful if they would have explained on their website to expect some delays. For me, having my expectations set properly is very important.

Finally, MyPublisher's software is indeed a little buggy at times, although it is a very complex program. Hopefully these bugs will get worked out soon. I would like to still use MyPublisher in the future.

This review was modified by MusicGirl91 on September 03 2015 06:00:28 PM

"I would give them half a star if I could. Just to be clear I did not have a groupon.
I have used this company before in the past and loved them. Recently I ordered some books for my family and for my son's first birthday. One book was damaged. I emailed customer service, which states that you will get a response in 24 hours, and no response was given in 3 days. Then I called customer service who promised me a replacement book which would be sent to me overnight.

I waited 3 weeks and hear absolutely nothing from the company. I called today and was told that they are moving their facilities from New York to South Carolina so everything is slow. Customer service did not tell me when I would get my book. I had to ask. She said at least another week!

They were barely apologetic. Lesson learned. NEVER ordering from them again. Save yourself time and money-DO NOT use MyPublisher. Find another company. I don't care how good the deals look. They are a scam.

Also look at their BBB rating. They are not a BBB certified company, which says a lot, and they previously received a ton of complaints and have a D- rating.

Like I said, I was a previously loyal customer. This has been ridiculous. I just hope I get my book.

"I ordered a photo book from mypublisher on Aug 3, website stated 3-6 days, and they would email when shipped, after 2 weeks I looked at status, and it stated should be ready in 2-4 days. Then I came to read reviews, and got VERY worried! SO, I contacted service rep via email, and was told they would look into it, and get back with me within 2-3 days. In the meantime that very day it came in the mail, no pre-email that it had been shipped, then 2 days later got an email stating that it had in fact been shipped and delivered. They also informed me that the company was moving their printing from NY to Shutterfly in NC. I was above and beyond pleased with the book, guess they had some issues, but maybe resolved now with their move. Due to confusion they did reimburse my shipping, which was greatly appreciated! "

Share MyPublisher.com's store rating

MyPublisher.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MyPublisher.com is not a merchant member
MyPublisher.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!