MyPublisher.co Coupons
  • Rating 1.83/10 173 reviews

MyPublisher.com is not a merchant member
    MyPublisher.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • MyPublisher.com contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

" I have been a satisfied costumer with Mypublisher for several months now, I have spent a lot of money ordering from their website, and have recommended them to other people (by positive reviews on line and in person) on multiple occasions. Normally, I do not have to call costumer service. Unfortunately, I did have the displeasure of doing just that over the past couple of weeks.

I have been talked down to, put on hold for indefinite periods of time, and denied the opportunity to speak to a manager when asked for one, by Mypublisher costumer service.

On October 24th, after multiple attempts to do so due to website malfunction, I was able to place an order for an album. With rush production, I was guaranteed that it would be completed by 28October2013. I needed it by 31Oct2013 (1Nov 2013 at the latest), so I paid for it to be shipped 2 day FedEx. I got confirmation that the album was completed on 29October2013 (one day late). I tried to track it to make sure it was shipped but was unable to do so. I started calling Mypublisher and was place on hold by several of your costumer service representatives for indefinite periods of time. I would wait for 20 minutes then hang up and call again only to have it happen again. Occasionally, the costumer rep. would say that that she/he would check on my order and call me back. I never heard from them again. On October 31st, I called FedEx, they told me that while the shipping label was printed on the 29th, the order was not given to FedEx. I started emailing and calling my Publisher asking to help figure out where the problem was. On November 1st, I got an email from "Melissa" stating that my order was in transit with her "regards". I tried to respond to "Melissa" for help but my email came back as un deliverable. I also got an email from "Chanavia" who told me that the order was shipped on the 28th, which it was not. The people that responded to me did not have a return email or direct phone extension. You can email their main helpdesk and call main help line and start this process over.

On November 1st at 930 am, I (once again) got a hold of a costumer service representative (named "Allen" this time) by calling 1-877-411-6978 (I believe he was in New Jersey or Philadelphia, not sure) who very boldly told me that Mypublisher did everything right and that I did not pay for 2 day shipping. Even if I hadn't paid for 2 day shipping (which I had) the order still sat "somewhere" for several days after it was rushed produced. I found "Allen" to be extremely unsympathetic and rude. I asked to speak to Allen's manager and was (once again) placed on hold for about 10 minutes.

Eventually, Allen came back on line to tell me that after looking at the order, the manager sees that I did pay for 2 day shipping and that shipping charges will be refunded to me. "The Manager" never came on line to speak tome. I didn't want my shipping refunded, other than my order being here on time, I want a friendly, helpful, respectful costumer service representative. I want an acknowledgement that Mypublisher didn't do what it said it would.

My publisher is in the business of making sentimental presents, presents that are given for special occasions by sensitive costumer base. It was my impression (prior to this experience) that Mypublisher cared about it's costumer satisfaction. I was always patient with my orders, this is the only time that I needed it in a hurry.

When the book did arrive on November 2nd, it was nice. However, I will not work with Mypublisher again because they have horrible costumer service.

I was sent a shipping label to return my book for a refund. I will do that.

modified review This review was modified by avd0401 on November 04 2013 08:03:14 AM

"First off, we were pleased with the final product. But it was a saga to get there. The software was a nightmare to deal with. First, it crashed multiple times, with loss of many hours of work in the course of the project. Secondly, in the final printing step dozens of portrait-orientation photos were re-rotated seemingly at random, starting halfway through the book. What a downer when we got the books. While according to policy we were responsible for catching this, customer service nevertheless promptly issued us a voucher to reprint the books. Three stars overall, with one extra for good service."

modified review This review was modified by Steven_P on September 11 2013 12:37:47 PM

"I live in Canada and my boyfriend's cousin showed me a photobook she had made of her wedding, and told me she made it with mypublisher. It looked great, and I decided to try it out for a book for my sister's bridal shower present. I paid the extra 15$ to have it rush-printed and $15.99 "shipping costs" (really? for a 500g book?) to have it sent to Vancouver Island.

Anyways. The book comes in the nick of time (5pm on a Friday) and everyone is happy. Then I get a surprise notification one week after the book arrives that I owe Fedex a further $15 in customs tax. Huh?

I ended up paying and extra $45 for a $35 book, bringing my grand total to $80 plus tax. I'm not impressed and won't be using this service until they sort out a more reasonable shipping policy that doesn't include gauging the customer. The quality of their photo books is great, but the shipping BS sours the whole experience. After reading other customer service reviews, I'm not expecting anything to happen with my complaint, either.

Stay away.

modified review This review was modified by synthetica on September 01 2013 07:30:50 AM

"They stole nearly $1,000 from my bank account by accident without us ever actually confirming or receiving any purchase, said they would return with-in 1 to 3 day. It's day 5 and now my bank has charged me fee's. I don't want to waist anymore time on this (10 minutes with bank, 37 minutes with mypublisher support, 17 minutes with bank again) but thought I should contribute to their rating."

modified review This review was modified by mattbrown2001 on August 02 2013 01:12:35 PM

"I was in the process of planning/making photo coffee-table books for my wife and my most recent trip when I decided to check MyPublisher's reviews. The reason is that I knew that MyPublisher had recently been merged with another photo company and was concerned that the quality might have dropped. You see, I have been a MyPublisher customer since 2007 and have made about 20 books. Yes, I've had some minor issues in the past, but MyPublisher has always made good on them.

So in the past few weeks I have made and bought three Deluxe-sized leather cover books with photo-glossy paper and lay-flat pages. Also, a couple of the smaller "Classic" books with the linen covers. After reading some of the reviews on this forum that were so negative, I was concerned about my order -- would the books come back defective? Would I have other problems?

The only problem that I had was uploading the books during the "Fathers Day Special" offer. They had server problems and I had to resubmit the books more than once. But the books that I just got? Absolutely beautiful!!!

With as many books as I've done, I've come to appreciate the quality of the printing and the speed of delivery. I'm not sure that I can get that quality any other place, and I have no reason to go elsewhere, anyway! I won't doubt them any more.

modified review This review was modified by CLTKiter on June 24 2013 05:34:33 PM

"I never write customer reviews - ever, but this time I'm so disappointed I actually have to. I ordered two copies of a deluxe photo book ~ 100 pages each. It took me three times to upload the photo book because of server problems to their end. I chatted to a help desk after attempt no. 2 but she simply suggested I would try again later....anyways, I finally managed to upload the book and then when they arrived, both were damaged. I sent a message right away and was told be contacted after max. 72 hours. Of course until today, nothing....and sending another message is no use, you just receive an autoreply. Calling them is also no use, because either you get a voice mail (rather then a representative) or you just get disconnected....

maybe instead of sending out so many discount offers - the company could focus on how to provide some service - and keep some customers. In the end that's how you can make a business successful.

I should have read the reviews before ordering from them, what a pity, 200 US$ spent, and 2 damaged books, worst deal ever!!

modified review This review was modified by disappointedHilda on June 03 2013 02:21:49 PM

"I ordered 4 orders from them. During the upload of one of the books, my computer crashes. The money has already been taken out of my account at this point. I call them, they assure me I will be refunded. Its I now almost 2 weeks later and I have not been refunded and now my numerous emails have been ignored. Scam artists! They are theives! Do not trust your credit card information with them. Also I had 2 identacle orders and both orders had a different duty charge. Use mix book! Much more credible. This company is a joke."

modified review This review was modified by Lisaliger on June 03 2013 01:03:02 PM

"While I am fairly pleased with the books I had printed I do have strong issues with their shipping charges. I recently ordered 13 books from MyPublisher and asked that they be shipped standard ground by FedEx. The charge for the shipping was $87, or almost $7 per book. When my shipment arrived, I checked the weight, size of box, etc that was on the FedEx slip. It came to a little over 13 lb. with a box that was 19 x 12 x 4 inches. Based on these calculations and the city from which it was shipped I contacted FedEx. The rate for the shipping via standard ground was $15.12. For 2 day delivery (which I did not order) was still only a tad under $35. It seems to me that MyPublisher is adding a very hefty surcharge..what a ripoff! To top it off I contacted MyPublisher and was informed by their customer service folks that they had not control over the shipping costs; that it was up to FedEx. I responded that that was a crock as I have worked in business and was involved in shipping and there is no way that FedEx would charge the premium price of $87. I asked them to send me the invoice that they get from FedEx for that shipment...I have yet to receive a response. So customers beware...MyPublisher will rip you off on the shipping costs... crooks!"

modified review This review was modified by RogerLVA on May 22 2013 10:59:59 AM

"Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I ordered 2 books from them and paid for over night shipping because their website advertised the books would be here in time for mother's day if that shipping option was selected. Just got off the phone with them (for the 3rd time) and the book not only will not be here in time but they have been rude the entire time about it and will do nothing to speed it up or refund my extra shipping costs. When I tried using the online 'chat' for customer service I was basically hung up on. I have printed almost 10 books now through http://Blurb.com and http://shutterfly.com and never had a problem like this with either of them before. I will definitely be going back and never, ever using http://Mypublisher.com again!!"

modified review This review was modified by brittywill on May 10 2013 08:59:54 AM

"I began to create a photo book and went through the last steps of purchasing. The software was having issues processing my book and I was told multiple times, via My Publisher Chat, that I would not be charged until the book had shipped. Meanwhile I decide not to purchase my book due to the hassle of the program and transactions were not verified nor did I get an email saying I bought the book. A day later I check my bank statement and I see that My Publisher charged me 3 times! I called and expressed my thoughts to a customer "support" agent named Kamaldeep K. After explaining my concerns about the security of my billing information he literally laughed and treated my situation like it wasn't a big deal. After 30 minutes of convincing him why I needed a refund, he finally did so. I then decided that once I got my refund, I would let the problem go.... until I saw my bank statement a week later. Yet ANOTHER transaction to My Publisher and again, NO EMAIL verifying the transaction. I just got off the phone with another agent and she claims to have my money returned. My Publisher is not a trustworthy company and a waste of time. End of story. "

"I wish I had thought to read online reviews before I got involved with MyPublisher!My problems began 3 weeks ago when I ordered the latest edition of a book I made about 2 years ago. MyPublisher had printed this same book for me 3 times in the past 2 years and the quality was really good overall. Each time I printed a new edition of the book, I added a few more pages to what I already had. Three weeks ago I did the same thing – added a few more pages to the same book I started 2 years before and had printed 3 times before, then I uploaded my new edition to MyPublisher. When I received the 10 copies back (at the cost of nearly $300!) I was dismayed to find that all of the pictures in the book – both the prior ones and the few new ones added to the current edition – were printed so dark as to render the book useless. The pictures where not a little dark, they were very dark and reddish.
These things happen and I thought that all I needed to do was call MyPublisher, explain the situation and they will simply reprint the books correctly and rush them to me. That is not at all how it went.
After not being able to reach them by phone, I decided to send an email to customer service explaining my issue. The reply I got back was pretty straightforward in its message: Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we are not responsible for the design of your book and we never alter customer designs before printing them. If you don’t like your book, too bad.
I thought surely they must have misunderstood my explanation, especially the part that explains that the book is exactly the same book with the same exact pictures they have printed correctly 3 times before, with just a few new pages added. Surely something went wrong with the physical printing to make ALL the pictures come out consistently dark, some being almost totally black. I wrote back and got the same response: We are a young and dynamic company; we do great work and value your input and will strive to do better for our customers. As for you, though, your book is bad because you screwed up the design. We are not responsible so no reprint and absolutely no refund.
At this point I got mad. The next 2 weeks turned into a daily back-and-forth series of increasingly angry emails – me asking for my money back and MyPublisher standing firm to their intent to make me go away. I called American Express and explained the situation to them; they put my payment on hold and contacted MyPublisher.
This review will get way too long if I wrote the extent of my horrible experience and communications with this company. I did get to the point where I was copying every email address of individuals at the company to make sure more people, not just customer service and the returns department where aware of my situation. I believe the CEO’s email address is Carl@MyPublisher.com. I was guessing at the email addresses based on the email address of my primary contact (firstName@MyPublisher.com). In the end, likely because of American Express getting involved, I received an offer to reprint the 10 books free of charge – but I had to lighten all of the pictures; I refused on the grounds that the pictures are fine as they have printed the exact same pictures correctly 3 times before. Besides, I’m sure they would have blamed me when the reprints came out way too light! The following day, 3 weeks after this began, I abruptly got a full refund.
I am at a loss to understand how a company that must do a lot of business can be this bad to a customer and risk their reputation for less than $300 retail -- in this age of online reviews that never go away. Never again!

"Avoid at all cost. Finished layout the books, previewed it, and photos were all good, and submitted. However, website sent me a proof of what was about to be printed, some of the pictures were cut off. This happened twice. Their app was a headache to use.

The company needs to work on their in house software and execution. Also, their fee schedule is a bit ridiculous.

"I was hesitant to place the order based on reviews I read but, after spending 2 weeks setting it up, I had to take a chance. The product was beautiful, a coupon gave me 2-for-1, I ordered on the 13th of the month and received the completed book on the 19th without having to pay for expedited shipping! This experience dispelled all of the bad reviews and I couldn't have been more pleased!!!! I don't have any upcoming special events but, next time I do, I would DEFINATELY use My Publisher!!!!!"

"I will be brief and add one more unsatisifed customer. My photobook had pages from someone elses order and it took nearly a month after my original complaint to their customer service department for them to give me a code to reorder the book and hope it comes out better. During that month I had to call them continuously to move it around to the right people within the company and eventually get it flagged for faster service. After that it still took 4 days to issue a code (not refund) for a new book. All along the way I was frequently told that it would be handled "right away" or that they would "personally" see that the issue was resolved. That never seemed to happen.

Because they make you use their software, it is impossbile to use a different ventor to print the book you spend so much time making if you are unsatisfied. It seems like they know this and that is why all their efforts are put into gaining new customers with promo codes, but lacking in customer service once they recieve payment. My advice, do NOT use mypublisher on anything important that you need quality results.

"Beware!!! I placed an order and it was supposed to arrive 6-8 business days and it was a lie!!! It took them 10 days to deliver a package. It was an anniversary gift for my fiancé and we had a trip planned so when the package finally arrived we were already on the plane. The most unreliable company and I'm highly upset If you making a gift for a special date avoid this company because they will ruin it!! Never again I will use their services"