Stores > Musician's Friend

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.71/10 1.71/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.36/10 2.36/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.97/10 1.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Musician's Friend by clicking a star below.
2017-03-19

Always a please to do business with!!!

"I have been a Musician's Friend customer for many years (20ish years). They are always helpful and easy to work with. The majority of their staff are quite knowledgeable or at least willing to get the information for you.
I love watching their Stupid Deal Of The Day every day and have purchased many of them. The are consistent in getting gear to me quickly.

This review was modified by boonekerley on March 19 2017 06:15:01 PM

2017-03-17

Still No Guitar

"Ordered a guitar on Saturday, and their web site said "free two-day shipping." Order status said "processing." Chatted with them on Tuesday, and that evening received an email that the guitar had shipped. It's Friday, and still no guitar. So much for "free two-day shipping." It was a toss-up between ordering again with MF or trying Amazon Prime. I won't make that mistake again. "

This review was modified by cjskama on March 17 2017 05:45:01 PM

2017-03-17

Wish I read the reviews before using this website.

"I only ordered through Musician's Friend because they had the guitar I was looking for in stock. So, I Bought a $1300 guitar on 3/13/17 hoping all they had to do was ship it. The 14th and 15th go by and the status is still processing. I called them and was explained that since it was an expensive item they had to verify it wasn't a fraudulent purchase. This wouldn't be a problem if I was notified I needed to do something before they could move forward. So that wasted two days. Then, I called in on the 16th and they said it had shipped at 9 am that morning. As I write this review on 3/17/17, the tracking info finally started working and I see it did not ship out of Musicians Friend until 7pm on 3/16. There seems to be a lot of wasted time in the process. The customer service was adequate, but I would believe the other reviews of their inadequacy if my order had been more complicated. If I had to do it again, I would undoubtedly go with Sweetwater or any other website. The guitar is scheduled to arrive on 3/20 and if there are any other delays I will be back here updating with a lower star review then I have given them now.

edit:
3/20/17 as a follow up I have received my guitar a week after purchasing it. I was very nervous after reading all other reviews and stayed on them about every step of the process. In my personal experience I didn't have too much of a problem with the process but I wouldn't use them again due to all the other negative reviews. Initially I rated them a 2/5 stars but have amended my rating to a 3/5 stars

This review was modified by guywhoboughtaguitar on March 20 2017 11:15:01 AM

2017-03-06

Screwed by their incompetence

"I ordered a guitar that is always on back order, so I was like a kid waiting for Christmas morning when I received an email with a tracking number stating my order had shipped. I ordered it over the phone, so I could be sure there were no problems Well, whoever took my order transposed numbers in my address. So, they day it was supposed to arrive, I checked the tracking order every 10 minutes. Near the end of the day, the tracking order says "undeliverable" and that the item was returned to the sender!! That is when I realized the person who took my order screwed up my address! After about 5 calls and several emails in which no one could comprehend that I WANTED the guitar and that it was sent to the WRONG address, they told me that I would be getting a refund. I am literally screaming "BUT I WANT THE GUITAR!!!" only to be told I would have to re-order the guitar and wait an additional 2 months for it to be available, AND would not get to use the 15% Presidents Day discount coupon I used when I ordered the guitar in the first place, making it $100 more than I paid the first time. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced and I DO NOT recommend that anyone take a chance ordering anything through this terrible company."

This review was modified by dpaschke71 on March 06 2017 07:00:01 PM

2017-03-01

Take heed of negative reviews on here.

"Purchased a discounted instrument from them advertised to be in "Level 1 Mint Condition". Called them for details and the rep assured me it would be just like brand new.

Instrument arrived with severe blemishes. Returned it for another one and asked the rep to have someone open the box and look inside before shipping it. Rep said that inspection prior to shipping was not possible. He reassured me this one would be like new. He also promised a 10% refund for the delays and hassle.

Weeks later the second one arrived with similar, severe blemishes. Sent pictures to the rep. He informed me that NOW they are being visually inspected at the warehouse.

Contacted the manufacturer. They and took care of the problem....mostly. Even this one shows signs of the blemishes being repaired rather than being a brand new as promised. It's not extreme though, so I never complained.

As for the 10% refund the MF rep promised, Musician's (is not your) Friend sent an invoice showing the refund. The credit never appeared on my card. After several unanswered emails to the MF rep, I had to file a chargeback and provide documentation to the credit card company to get that money.

This review was modified by Cheaptightwad on March 01 2017 10:30:02 AM

2017-02-24

Shipped me the item, had UPS turn it around. Would not honor price.

"Purchased a Line 6 M13 Stompbox at a very attractive price. They shipped the item and halfway to the destination, they notified UPS to return the product to them. They claimed it was a "pricing error" and would not honor the advertised price even after they shipped it out."

This review was modified by khisel on February 24 2017 11:15:01 AM

2017-02-18

Service has deteriorated progressively!

"Their customer service has deteriorated during the over 10 years I've bought from them. 3 of last 5 items purchased arrived defective or damaged. Now taking up to a month to issue credit for returned items. Also, Backstage Pass points keep disappearing and they do not resolve the issue! "

This review was modified by soundwayvz on February 18 2017 12:45:01 AM

2017-02-03

Awful going to small claims ☹☹

" Bought almost $2000 worth of gear including in the Alesis DMX 10 electronic drum kit. Sale price on it was $1100. The kid has been sent to them four times. Each time it comes back there's no itemization of what they are fixing . The kit simply remain is broken . Triggers don't respond the module glitches out . The worst part about it is I bought it over the phone. If I had any idea it was a third-party warranty I would have never bought it ! Musicians friend gets away with using words like replacement warranty. Come to find out in Wisconsin it's illegal to sell warrantees and third-party warranty is without full disclosure . So off the court I go !!! Word of advice don't Buy them !!! third-party warrantees are just insurance companies and scam artists !!!"

This review was modified by Homerhead on February 03 2017 01:45:01 PM

2017-01-18

Musician's Friend

"Spoke with upper management and resolved my issue. "

This review was modified by stratmansblues on January 18 2017 07:15:02 PM

2017-01-16

Run Do Not Walk

"This place has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They're unable to read the emails or they ignore them. Employee began chastising me when she hadn't a clue (although it was in an earlier email) what the issue was. I never did get resolution but did get some dumbass comments meant to irritate my customer experience that much more. For a relatively small order, they'll lose out on much more. Stay Away"

This review was modified by rawburger on January 16 2017 04:30:01 PM

2017-01-08

Musicians FIEND finds new ways to disappoint daily

" I am literally amazed at how awful this company is. Just when I convince myself that I'm being too hard on them, they find a new way to be the absolute worst.
On NUMEROUS occasions I have made purchases online that they do not actually have. So basically no one updates stock online, I guess. They have tried to make up for these incidents twice by giving me a different product with a lower price and "expedited" shipping. On one of these occasions a week passed so I called and was told someone forgot to "process" the order, it was never put through, and the open box item I was expecting was now sold.
I was sold a guitar and told 24 months no interest payment plan, but actually given a 6 month plan instead so on month 7, over $100 interest had accrued and I was screwed.
Basically I have yet to have a please take transaction without having to work really hard for it on my end. My latest complaint. Having at least 50 effects pedals out of stock, I ordered one that I was told would arrive by January 7th. Today, January 8th, I have received a "back order notice" and told they do not know when they will have more, but I'm on the list when they get there. No estimation, just, "we will get one to you when we can". What kind of business does that!?!?!?!
Musicians Friend is that kind of friend that borrows your stuff, never gives it back, and eventually pawns it.

This review was modified by Evanwenn on January 08 2017 06:58:26 AM

2017-01-04

Worst store to shop

"They charged my credit card more than they submit. After 3 hours calls / cheat session and emails, they finally said that they miscalculated my reward points before so they adjusted the points. That's why they charged more. I calculated my points and the results are not matched. Even if the issue like that, it was not my fault.
Do consider about return shipping cost. It is sometimes much more than the item itself since a lot of musical gears are heavy. So, it would be a better choice to shop from a store or some other web-store that accept FREE return shipping! Be careful about 45-day hassle free return policy! They do not pay for return shipping.

This review was modified by pegasusguclu on January 04 2017 01:18:58 PM

2016-12-30

Backstange Pass A Scam

"Recently I went to the Musiciansfriend site to check on a product and I noticed my Backstage Pass points were missing. To the tune of $320. The customer service was very nice and checked into the situation. I was told that since 2015 I was credited for items for the program that I paid for that did not qualify. So they gave me the points and then took them away. I see something wrong with that. They just lost a very long time customer."

2016-12-12

They sent the wrong Items and refuse to send the correct order immediately

"I ordered a bass and a case. I received 2 cases. My son opened his gift for Christmas and it was 2 cases. I called and tried to get them to send the bass right away and they refused until they received the extra case. Worst customer service. I assured a manager I would send the case back and she refused to send me the bass that I have already paid for. Never again will I order anything from Musicians Friend. Its bad enough that my son had to open a crapy gift, and then they refuse to correct it in a timely manner. Not once did they apologies for the mistake. "

2016-12-11

Cyber Monday Scam

"I placed an order on November 28th as a Christmas present on Cyber Monday. On Dec 1, I found out that one of the items was back ordered. On Dec 11, I found out that the back ordered item would not be available until February. The description, the order confirmation, and everything else about the process indicated that my order should be placed and fulfilled. It is not, and now I have to pay significantly more for an item to replace the item that they could not fulfill... I am unlikely to ever purchase from them again. "

This review was modified by customerAC on December 11 2016 12:28:16 PM

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!