• Musician's Frie

Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.31/10 5.31/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.44/10 3.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"The guitar showed up brand new and very well packaged. This was my first purchase in Musician`s friend and it wont be my last."

"One of my recent orders for a brand new $200-ish pedal turned out to be a used one. Then another recent order ended up returning both items. The return process was harsh. More than 10% ($19.xx out of $170) lost in shipping. Keep away form MF, which is no longer Musician's Friend. Try the local MF's parent store, Guitar Center. The return is no hassle. Don't be tempted by any coupon/promotion/10% off gift card off posted on MF's website. You'll get the same or better after mentioning it at a local Guitar Center store."

This review was modified by macki on June 15 2015 02:22:07 PM

"I'd ordered a few times with them with no problem, and was even pleasantly surprised when contacted via e-mail over an item that was out-of-stock and offering assistance to find similar items that were in stock. The first time, I'd known it was out-of-stock and was willing to wait. The second time, there were substitutes available and so I wrote back. No response.

A few weeks later, I get an identically worded e-mail from somebody else at Musician's Friend. Again, I write back and got no reply. I suppose I could've called, but with my busy schedule, this was not my highest priority. Eventually, they did ship it about three months late.

So, I'm not exactly irate, just rather disappointed. They had been my go-to merchant for purchasing musical gear, and I think I'll be dropping them down a few notches.

"this is the 3rd time I have bought something on sale that was cancelled after taking the order, presumably because it was out of stock. They need to fix their system so that it properly handles both preorders (that it views as backorders) and orders to out of stock items on sale. I still shop here because you can get some really good sales pricing for some items - but it can be really frustrating when they get you excited for a good deal that just later is cancelled."

This review was modified by whormongr on April 14 2015 12:34:30 PM

"Very dissatisfied with recent order! Took way too long to ship. Well be going elsewhere for my online musical purchases!"

"This is the best music place to buy from. Lowest prices, super fast and free shipping. Great customer service....etc."

This review was modified by imarvincr on February 05 2015 01:26:36 AM

"I've received a sudden letter from Caine & Wiener, a debt-collecting company, stating that I owe Musician's Friend a 201$!, Although I've never bought anything on credit from them, and I've been their customer for years.
After asking them to resolve this issue,They still refuse to resolve anything, saying that "there's nothing they can do about it", and asking me to resolve it myself with Caine & Wiener.(who also insist that I've to pay the specified due).
Make sure not to deal with them again, even for a single time, or you may find yourself receiving an annoying letter asking you to pay a debt you haven't taken!

This review was modified by Halloweening on January 26 2015 01:30:54 AM

"These guys won't honor their "Lowest Price Commitment" that states "We'll beat any verified price from any authorized US dealer for the identical new item up to 45 days from purchase".
Apparently, the deal I found was too good and they didn't want to beat it. First they told me that the other retailer wasn't an authorized dealer so they couldn't help me. The retailer was listed as an authorized dealer on the manufacturers website, so I sent them the link. Then they told me that the other retailer needed to have a storefront. So, I sent the other retailers storefront address (which was also on the manufacturers website). After that, they just ignored me and wouldn't reply to my emails until I threatened to contact the FTC. Then they gave me a price that did beat the other retailer by a couple of dollars, but they would not provide information on how to redeem that price and check out with Paypal. The last couple emails I've sent asking for more information have gone ignored. So, bottom line is they will not honor their advertised policy. What really pisses me off is that I spent $7159.94 with them since August 4, 2007 and they're willing to lose a customer over a price match of $74. The item was a TC Electronic G-Major that they had listed for $469 and I found it for $394.99 at Pitbull Audio in California. The hell with them, they'll never get another penny of my money.

This review was modified by matthewl0799 on January 24 2015 06:47:45 PM

"I have ordered about $2000 worth of gear and not one thing was defective. From drums and cymbals, to guitar pedals.. This place rocks. I called in and asked for a discount in which they worked out a great deal for me. I had recently been robbed and finding the money to make a purchase seemed quite hard.. So when I had the money MF hooked me up. I appreciated that. I have not had one problem to date with this company. When they sent me a extra $9 drum part, I wanted to return it but they just told me to keep it for the hassle. Great company. "

"Ordered a high priced Gibson guitar along with a 2 year warranty ($300). The guitar was flawed and MF would not honor the warranty because they claimed it was still under manufacturer's warranty. Why did they offer the warranty then in the first place? Now I have to ship it back to Gibson at my cost and see if they honor their warranty. Not pleased with MF's customer service at all."

This review was modified by WCA1227 on December 30 2014 01:16:57 PM

"Really dissatisfied with my ordering experience with MF. I ordered a Gibson Hummingbird Pro that was on sale and was a great deal. I had been checking MF for at least 4 weeks given that I have bought other merchandise from them and it went smoothly. All seemed well until I received an email about 6 hours after I placed my order that said that the serial number guitar that I ordered was already sold but there were several left. I then contacted them and asked which ones were left. At first the rep kept evading my question, offering a more expensive guitar as an alternative. After asking several times, the rep said that all 6 had been sold and that their website had not been updated. Here's the thing though... just the day before the page did not have the sale price. In less than 18 hours someone had accessed the page and updated the price yet, not the number that was left nor the banner that says: In stock and ready to ship! I a completely dismayed with this and will never buy from MF again. "

This review was modified by menardst on December 26 2014 10:38:02 PM

"Ordered a NEW amp on Thanksgiving day. Kinda a Christmas Present to myself. Head arrived defective. They sent me one someone already returned. Cabinets backorder date was 12/6/14. Now its in the middle of January. Canceled order and sent back head. A week since they received it, and still no refund. Almost all their salesman dodge you. Wont return my calls or emails. I am not mean or cursing. Always getting stuck with a new person. TOTAL NIGHTMARE. BELIEVE THE BAD STORYS! bought my first amp from MF 15 years ago. They are not a good company to deal with anymore. I ordered mine during 15% off and it is worth the extra money to go somewhere else."

This review was modified by dickdangerous on December 17 2014 06:27:01 PM

"I went on line to purchase and Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro. I entered the 15% discount code and received a message that the discount doesn't apply to this piece of equipment. So I went to read the discount exclusions. They are as follows: "Only one coupon may be used per transaction. Not valid on past purchases. Coupon is valid on select products only and does not apply to: Stupid Deal or On Sale products, Restocks, Gold Coverage, AppleCare, Gift Certificates." This guitar was not a stupid deal, onsale, a restock, etc....

So I contacted them by online chat. I explained that the exclusions did not apply to the Epiphone guitar I was going to purchase. He then gave me a list of over ten manufacturers which were not covered by the discount. I asked him why this wasn't specified in the ad or in the exclusions. He hung up on me.

You want great service and lower prices than Musician's Friend, buy at SWEETWATER MUSIC. I have been dealing with them for over 15 years and any problem I may have encountered, they took care of right away. More importantly, SWEETWATER MUSIC doesn't bait and switch. What you see is what you get.

"Good and Bad. Got a great deal on an Epiphone es339 Ultra.
Recieved on time. So far so good. Opened box and found cracks in the finish where the nut meets the neck. Not just small cracks but very noticeable cracks. I'm sure they were caused by whomever in China put the nut in.so they replaced the guitar promptly. Second guitar recieved withy he same issue , though not as bad as first. Who as fault? Is it Epihones poor quality control? Is it Musicians Friends ? Are they knowingly selling seconds when they say they are not? I would give MF the benifit of the doubt except for all the negative reviews they have. Spotty but From now on I'll buy elsewhere,deal or not.

This review was modified by rob_mon on December 21 2014 08:37:22 AM

"This is a terrible company, period. Unfortunately, there are a few really good guys working there, but the overall company is out for one thing - to take your money, and then abandon all responsibility after that, from horrible packing to even worse shipping services. They simply don't stand behind the products they sell. Almost everything I've ever ordered from them has arrived damaged. Sure, they will return everything, but why not take more care before it ships out? We'd all save more money that way. I give up on this company, after many years of trying to give them more chances."

This review was modified by weve1272 on December 12 2014 06:00:28 PM

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!