Stores > Musician's Friend

Customer service: Rating 0.96/10 0.96/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.56/10 0.56/10
2017-01-16

Run Do Not Walk

"This place has the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They're unable to read the emails or they ignore them. Employee began chastising me when she hadn't a clue (although it was in an earlier email) what the issue was. I never did get resolution but did get some dumbass comments meant to irritate my customer experience that much more. For a relatively small order, they'll lose out on much more. Stay Away"

This review was modified by rawburger on January 16 2017 04:30:01 PM

2017-01-08

Musicians FIEND finds new ways to disappoint daily

" I am literally amazed at how awful this company is. Just when I convince myself that I'm being too hard on them, they find a new way to be the absolute worst.
On NUMEROUS occasions I have made purchases online that they do not actually have. So basically no one updates stock online, I guess. They have tried to make up for these incidents twice by giving me a different product with a lower price and "expedited" shipping. On one of these occasions a week passed so I called and was told someone forgot to "process" the order, it was never put through, and the open box item I was expecting was now sold.
I was sold a guitar and told 24 months no interest payment plan, but actually given a 6 month plan instead so on month 7, over $100 interest had accrued and I was screwed.
Basically I have yet to have a please take transaction without having to work really hard for it on my end. My latest complaint. Having at least 50 effects pedals out of stock, I ordered one that I was told would arrive by January 7th. Today, January 8th, I have received a "back order notice" and told they do not know when they will have more, but I'm on the list when they get there. No estimation, just, "we will get one to you when we can". What kind of business does that!?!?!?!
Musicians Friend is that kind of friend that borrows your stuff, never gives it back, and eventually pawns it.

This review was modified by Evanwenn on January 08 2017 06:58:26 AM

2017-01-04

Worst store to shop

"They charged my credit card more than they submit. After 3 hours calls / cheat session and emails, they finally said that they miscalculated my reward points before so they adjusted the points. That's why they charged more. I calculated my points and the results are not matched. Even if the issue like that, it was not my fault.
Do consider about return shipping cost. It is sometimes much more than the item itself since a lot of musical gears are heavy. So, it would be a better choice to shop from a store or some other web-store that accept FREE return shipping! Be careful about 45-day hassle free return policy! They do not pay for return shipping.

This review was modified by pegasusguclu on January 04 2017 01:18:58 PM

2016-12-30

Backstange Pass A Scam

"Recently I went to the Musiciansfriend site to check on a product and I noticed my Backstage Pass points were missing. To the tune of $320. The customer service was very nice and checked into the situation. I was told that since 2015 I was credited for items for the program that I paid for that did not qualify. So they gave me the points and then took them away. I see something wrong with that. They just lost a very long time customer."

2016-12-12

They sent the wrong Items and refuse to send the correct order immediately

"I ordered a bass and a case. I received 2 cases. My son opened his gift for Christmas and it was 2 cases. I called and tried to get them to send the bass right away and they refused until they received the extra case. Worst customer service. I assured a manager I would send the case back and she refused to send me the bass that I have already paid for. Never again will I order anything from Musicians Friend. Its bad enough that my son had to open a crapy gift, and then they refuse to correct it in a timely manner. Not once did they apologies for the mistake. "

2016-12-11

Cyber Monday Scam

"I placed an order on November 28th as a Christmas present on Cyber Monday. On Dec 1, I found out that one of the items was back ordered. On Dec 11, I found out that the back ordered item would not be available until February. The description, the order confirmation, and everything else about the process indicated that my order should be placed and fulfilled. It is not, and now I have to pay significantly more for an item to replace the item that they could not fulfill... I am unlikely to ever purchase from them again. "

This review was modified by customerAC on December 11 2016 12:28:16 PM

2016-11-16

Fast international delivery, honest pricing, product better than expected

"I have bought from them online twice, shipping to Canada. The first time was just an order for bass strings, everything went fine and they arrived in good time. The second order was for an "open box" bass guitar listed on their site as "Level 2" and "blemished". I was a little nervous about this one because although the damage was described as minor I didn't know how honest they would be, and I didn't know whether it would really be the current model. (I had had a bad experience with a different online store.) But the gamble paid off: the bass is the current model, in excellent condition. I'm not even sure what the blemishes are supposed to be - it's really pretty much good as new.

It also arrived very promptly. There was a delay of about 3 days between the order being submitted to their international processing centre and it being shipped by the courier. I mailed a question to them but didn't get an answer; however my question would have reached them just as it went to the courier anyway. Not sure whether the question had any part in prompting that, but once passed to DHL it only took one day to arrive. Also, the borderfree tracking display does not get updated once it's handed over to DHL, so you have to use DHL's tracking from then on. Total international shipping time was only 5 business days - at the low end of what they state on their site.

So overall I have been pleased with their service and would buy from them again. I like the way their international shipping guarantees no extra charges on delivery by charging the Canadian tax upfront.

2016-10-13

Paid in full for a Gibson 59 reissue case 4 months later it came in, they wanted 140.99 more to ship

"Ordered and paid in full for a 59' Les Paul reissue case for my sons Birthday, They said 4 to 9 weeks, that was on June 20th 2016 . His birthday is October 14th so I figured no problem. well they kept assuring and thanks for being so patient, I received a cancellation notice on the 6th of October, I called them and was informed I owed another 140.99 for the case and they had been trying to get in touch with,, I was in constant contact with them ( 9 Emails from them to be exact ) so that was a lie, the next day she called me back, after she had to check on something. She Said we tried to refund your money but my cards had been canceled, The card I have had for over 10 years and still have it , so just more excuses, Then on 10/12/2016 at 9:00 pm I said I will pay you the 140.99 more so I will have my son's present. Then I was informed it would be 280.99 instead of 140.99 because she said we have already sent you a refund check for the original amount , so it goes like this, " The Check is in the Mail " which means they have my original " Paid in full " up front money and 4 months later, " We can get that case to you in time for your sons birthday, even though it;s 9:00 pm on Wednesday Night and his Birthday is Friday and all I have to do is pay them 280.99, because they say that they have sent me a refund for the initial full payment . Which of course I haven got this check.. I would be The Stupid Deal Of The Day... If I paid for one case in full 3 times and still didn't have the case
I have been advised by Musicians Friend that they cannot talk to me anymore because I have informed them I will take them to court if they did not give me the case I ordered and paid for 4 months ago. They did tell me this twice, they called me back and after telling me the first time offering the 280.99 deal and after I said no they said it again, I could hear a guy in the background instructing Amanda to say it to me. I will update this after court

This review was modified by pegfl1 on October 13 2016 10:55:23 AM

2016-10-12

Very bad service

"I've bought things from them for many years. They get worse and worse. They have lied to me numerous times recently. They said they would email me a gift certificate and my return to my credit card. I called back the same evening and said they would before they leave. I woke up the next morning and I still have not gotten the emails. They continue to lie to me. I will be reporting them. They are a fraud. "

This review was modified by Illusionfive on October 12 2016 01:59:49 AM

2016-10-10

It does not matter if your a long time customer, you will see poor customer facing \ service.

"I bought a lot of items from this company for YEARS. Even though there some 5 stars reviews, the negative reviews show the downwards spiral of this company.
Here is what happened to me..
Over the years, I've spent "a lot" of money at Musicians Friend noted below as M.F. A few months back, I had an issue in regards to buying a new synthesizer from M.F. and I have not bought anything since. On Sunday Oct 9th, I decided to give this company another chance, and I purchased an electric guitar. I was told twice that it would be shipped out on Monday, and I would have my tracking number on Monday afternoon as I paid for two day shipping. After not getting any tracking number in the late afternoon, I found out from another customer service representative that there was an issue with my order, but could not say what that issue was. So I canceled my order today as I dont want any issues trying to get the guitar, and to be fair.. I giving them a REAL second chance.. I even told the associate that! To Musician's Friend: If you don't want to treat people with honesty in regards to shipping products out, then have a basic "in two weeks" shipping clause... or better yet.. if there is a problem with a customer's order.. have the decency to at least contact that customer ahead of time. But I don't have to worry about your customer facing issues.... I gave your company a 2nd chance.... but as the saying goes, fool me once.. shame on you.. fool me twice.. shame on me. And I truly do feel that shame today.

This review was modified by TheRealMrTom on October 10 2016 02:13:24 PM

2016-10-06

Worst online music store

"I ordered a very expensive Custom Shop Telecaster from them (list price around 7K). I called and confirmed that it was in stock and I then placed my order over the phone and the customer rep said it went through. I then get an email the next day saying that the order did not go through and that no more guitars of this kind were available and no more were being ordered. I tried to complain to no avail. I tried get them to let me buy a different guitar around the same list price with the same discount, but no go. All they did was over me a $25 gift certificate to which I told them where they could shove it. Please please do not do business with this company."

This review was modified by JaredNowlin on October 06 2016 01:49:06 PM

2016-08-08

Horrible!!

"I bought a scratch and dent Taylor Koa GS Mini only to get an email 3 days later that it had sold to another buyer. When I called they refused to give any sort of discount on another Taylor. I work for a church and we were about to spend 10 to 20 thousand dollars on lighting and sound. We'll be taking our business else where. "

This review was modified by Jpark1230 on August 08 2016 10:52:30 AM

2016-07-23

Manager Named Duran Is a Jerk, Account Erroneously Banned

"I've been a great customer of Musiciansfriend.com for over 3 years and I've spent thousands of dollars with them, primarily on guitar related items. I tried to order a keyboard stand this week and they cancelled my order. When I called in they claimed there was a problem with my account. After two days of talking with a supervisor , who was very nice and was trying to work it out, I called in on Saturday to get an update. Duran, a manager, says that my account is banned by guitar center. The local guitar center knows nothing about this and is trying to help. I asked Duran to help but he refused to assist and also told me I didn't deserve any customer service because I was no longer a customer. Finally, Duran hung up on me. I feel betrayed as I've been a great and loyal customer to Musiciansfriend for many years and before this incident they've always given me great customer service and pricing.

A local guitar center manager is helping me out and apparently my work address is flagged because another fraudulent individual has worked in the same multi tenant building as I do. I have things shipped there because someone needs to sign for them. This could have all been worked out if Duran had actually worked with me to understand the problem , rather than being a jerk. Instead a guitar center manager and I have spent an hour of our lives sorting this mess out because of Duran's inability to clean out his ears and get over his ego. Even though this is being worked out by my local guitar center manager, who got my order for a new keyboard and stand, I'm not sure if I'll ever do business with Musician's Friend, because they obviously are no friend of mine.

ARE YOU READING THIS DURAN? I hope someone above you does.

This review was modified by nashsnazzy on July 23 2016 08:45:41 AM

2016-07-08

Order goes to wrong address and I'm told I'm liable?

"Like many on here I had very good experiences prior. I had purchase a guitar and additional items here and there with no issues. This changed recently though. I had purchased a BA108V2 1x8 Bass Combo Amplifier and got it for a good price. Everything seemed good through the purchase experience. I'd updated all my information with new billing, shipment, and payment methods and it showed that all changes were accepted. I waited for a few days and the day came when it was to be delivered. That day passed, so I logged in to see where it was and to my surprise it said delivered. I checked with my apartment office to see if they had signed for it, but no luck. So I called guitar center and was told that it was accidentally, delivered to an old address. So, I asked what we do from here. The customer service rep told me he opened a ticket to have UPS go and get the package and that the package would be sent back to Musician's Friend and a new one would be sent to me. So I said ok. I waited for a few days and hadn't heard anything so I called musicians friend back and was told that the return was being worked and to call them back in a few days. So I did, which brings me to today, July 8th. I called customer service and was told UPS wasn't able to retrieve the package, but I was welcome to go try to get it back from the address. I explained that this was not my problem that all my information had been updated so I didn't feel it was fair or safe to send me to a house to try to get this back, especially one withholding a delivery. The girls response, well you ordered it online so that kinda makes you liable. I said I didnt understand how this was the case and she responded with nothing other than, I'm sorry we weren't able to help you. Save yourself some time, don't but from this vendor. Check out places like sweetwater.com or buy local. Savings isn't worth the gamble, that things may or may not go right with your order. "

This review was modified by Jsmitty80 on July 08 2016 10:43:02 AM

2016-07-01

Mix up with order

"They sent me the wrong item twice. Finally have been promised a refund from someone who sounds professional, after weeks of mix-ups and mistakes. Best not to order major purchases from these guys. (Probably fine for accessories, etc...) "

This review was modified by lbarca on July 01 2016 12:38:35 PM

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!