Stores > Musician's Friend

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

2016-05-17

Great store UNLESS YOU NEED TO RETURN ITEM

"I have been working on guitars and tube amps for 20++ years, I bought a pickup from MF two weeks ago and installed it in a guitar the pickup was not working right, It was Intermittent, If you pushed on the pickup top it would work, if you removed your finger it would stop, so I called to let them know there was a problem and they told me I could not return it as I had done the work and I might of cut the pickup wires wrong. I have installed 100's of pickups and fixed tons of amps and built 10++ tube amps from scratch. What A Crock of ****, I will no longer be buying from MUSICIAN'S FRIEND. "

This review was modified by jtr444 on May 17 2016 06:46:50 PM

2016-05-12

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

"I'm blown away after reading SO many very bad reviews! I've been dealing with MF for YEARS (since 1998 to be specific) and never had a bad experience with customer service or any of the items I've bought. My 2 most recent dealing for example: first, I ordered strings, a tuner and something else small. I noticed it was taking a while to arrive (which is very unlike MF to me) so I contacted them. They told me UPS made the delivery and left the box at my door (i hate that they do that btw). I told them I didn't get it so they have me a # to make a claim with UPS which I did. After a few days of no responses I called MF back. Without question or hesitation they refunded my money AND resent me my order!!!! Second, I was shopping for a Rickenbacker 4003 and came across an open box/blem 4003s for over $300 less than new so I took a chance, called and ordered it. Customer service was beyond excellent and helpful even waiting on the phone with me while saving the order for me while I was tranfering funds to make the purchase. The bass arrived WAY faster than I could've expected (only 5 days) and without paying extra! The bass was FLAWLESS! I swear I still cannot find a single thing wrong with it, not a scratch, ding or smudge to be found. All electronics and hardware work perfectly! I couldn't be any happier with my decision to buy this bass and all my other purchases with MF over the last 18 years! Sorry to read so many horror stories, guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.
Peace.

This review was modified by Mjo78p on May 12 2016 05:41:55 AM

2016-05-09

They can't find the order to cancel but found it to ship it.

"I have had my one business dealings with Musicians Friend and WILL NEVER I repeat I WILL NEVER shop with Musicians Friend Again they are one of the worst people online ever. They tell a person with a brain injury to call when they are told of a speech problem. Being brain injured is bad enough but to be insulted too is just too much...never again."

This review was modified by maleman74 on May 09 2016 08:17:51 AM

2016-05-06

No customer service

"First off let me tell you I had a no hassle purchase in 2014 that went off without a hiccup. Now on 5/4/16 I purchased 2 software downloads first red flag I didn't pay attention that it's NOT instant download like everyone else it's delivered via email with a license key then you go to the manufacture and download the product. So it takes them 15 hours to send me my keys to said programs. I install the main program no problem the second key comes back invalid...... Mind you I have a brand new state of the art pc dedicated for recording first excuse is I'm having a hardware or driver conflict...... Um no sir I'm not new to this you sent me an invalid key.... Thier response well this could take up to 48 hours to figure out...... Note that today is the sixth it's been over 48 hours since my purchase. Then I get an email for a coupon so taking a chance I reply and explain I'm unhappy and would like this resolved.the response i got? "I haven't been in the office for 9 days and have just went through 200 emails ill look into it"
Ok so at this point I'm done being nice. It's not my problem for whatever reason you can't solve this issue in a timely manner as a customer i don't want to hear excuses solve the issue thanks.
Update 5/7/16 ok so my code miraculously works now no email no notification on it working. I had a mind to call them but ill wait and see if I get anything from them....... doubt it

This review was modified by drascel on May 07 2016 10:12:44 AM

2016-03-28

Awesome Experience

"I know a lot of people here had a terrible experience but I can only say that my one and only purchase experience went perfectly. I ordered a fairly big item (a piano bench) late into the work day. They shipped it out the next day and it got to me fairly quickly and in excellent shape. Maybe I got lucky, but they also had the lowest price (with 15% discount) and offered free shipping, so I was pretty happy!"

2016-03-20

Ordered twice! Kept telling me discontinued.

"Saw a guitar on their website (A Taylor) and ordered it. The next day i noticed my order sais "Cancelled"!! So i called and the rep told me they no longer carried that model and said they would give me $250.00 off their current model but i didnt like the current model at all. So i chalked it up as a Bad experience. Two days later i get an email stating that the guitar was in stock and ready to ship. Ok....mso confused i go onto MF website and there it is again as available and even had a serial number to go with it. So excited ounce again i order the guitar. The next day i got the same BS email saying it was cancelled. I call MF AGAIN and get the same BS as before!!! Saying its discontinued!!! This place is a freakin joke. Dont waste your time with this incompitent company!!!!"

This review was modified by recordingman1 on March 20 2016 01:50:29 PM

2016-02-14

LATE LATE LATE!!!!

"I have had a back ordered item for 6 weeks now - there response...We are at the mercy of the retailer. This is awful! I have only received 1 email from them asking me if I want a different product. At least have the decency and offer a future discount! Nope just oh well you are just going to have to wait. We have 200 back ordered items. BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

I wouldn't recommend them if you paid me!

This review was modified by rustyjules2008 on February 14 2016 08:23:16 AM

2016-01-06

"Very dissatisfied with their customer service. They DO NOT stand behind their product. They sold us 2 reeds that did not work and the customer service rep said "well, some just don't work" - well then why do we still have to pay for them? They don't stand behind products they sell. I wanted to exchange for the same 2 reeds to see if it was a bad "batch" that we received. But they only offered $5.00 off! Will NEVER stop with them or recommend them again due to their poor customer service and not standing behind their products."

This review was modified by disguestedwithservice on January 07 2016 11:38:49 AM

2015-12-10

"I'm just not sure how a company like this stays in business. They cannot get anything right. Every shipment is wrong or simply never shows up. I wonder if MF is a scam. I've spent so much time calling them, trying to figure out where my orders are. Their "customer service" (haha) staff is clueless. I'll never buy from MF again, and cannot understand why anyone else would."

This review was modified by shopper10708 on December 10 2015 06:56:58 PM

2015-10-29

"THEY LIE AND RIP YOU OFF!

I ordered a set of recording mics and paid extra for 4 day expedited shipping so they would arrive in time for a weekend event I was recording. Paypal notified me within 30 minutes that my payment was waiting for Musicians Friend to ship.

Musicians Friend didn't even pack the order until 5 days later. UPS received it 7 days later.

I complained and Musicians Friend lied and told me that PayPal delayed my order. I sent them the PayPal approval and pointed out they were lying.

Then they said they would credit me for the expedited shipping charge but they never did.

They lie.

2015-09-15

"I came across the reviews for Musicians Friend here, AFTER I had already ordered an open box synth from them. After reading several negative reviews with only the occasional positive review sprinkled in, I got a little nervous. Luckily, my experience turned out to be quite excellent.

I ordered my synth on a Friday morning around 8am est. I paid the 4.95 for express ground shipping, as the website stated that express orders ship out the same day as long as they are purchased before 5pm est. Come Saturday morning I still had yet to receive any type of shipping confirmation. All the negative reviews I read had me quite anxious so I went ahead and called MF customer service. I spoke with John who let me know that my order had not shipped Friday because my card was under a 24 hour verification delay. He offered to refund the 4.95 shipping charge, and assured me that my synth would ship out Monday. I received a shipping confirmation email later that evening. Knowing that Saturday isn't a business day, I didn't expect to see any kind of actual tracking info until Monday. My package showed up in Hodgkins, IL early Monday morning and left the IL hub later that same afternoon. I received my synth Tuesday, less than 24 hours after it left IL. Even if my package had left on Friday as I expected it to, I didn't think I would get anything until at least Wednesday or Thursday.

Although MF had exceeded my expectations shipping-wise, I was still nervous about the condition of the open box synth that I had purchased. I opened the box and was pleasantly surprised to see that my synth was physically brand new, and likely never used at all. The protective plastic still covered all the keys and screen, the power supply still sealed in it's original box, and after a thorough inspection I found no blemishes. I immediately plugged everything in and tried everything out. It works perfectly.

I got a brand new Dave Smith synthesizer for 450 dollars less than retail, and I got it in 2 business days. Needless to say, I am satisfied with my first MusiciansFriend.com purchase.

This review was modified by formulalton1 on September 15 2015 04:30:53 PM

2015-08-15

"Worst company ever!! I stay in Glasgow and couldnt find a local retailer with what I needed, ordered a 10" tom with Mucisians Friend and received a 13" so refused delivery which Ups told me to do and then the item is sent to germany and declared abandoned!! Ups wont deal with me but request that Musicians Friend contact them and pay for return shipment. They wont do this as it costs too much and so I have payed £150 for nothing!!! Im more than un-happy, dont ever use this company!!!!"

This review was modified by RichKennedy13 on August 15 2015 07:38:47 AM

2015-07-30

"Ordered an instrument overnight shipping,,, they sat on the order for 3 days. Once I finally received the instrument it had a cracked neck, evident as soon as the item was unboxed. Someone amed Luke Waala spent 2 days trying to convince me to take a lesser instrument, but i wanted the one I ordered. He finally sent me a replacement. The second instrument had a crqack in the resonator, its obvious this company sells blems or refurbished items as new. Fat forward 7 months later, I get a message from Credit Karma alerting me that potentially negetive information is on my credit report. I log in to fins a collection agency on behalf of Musicians Friend put 3 derogatory remarks on my report saying they never received the first instrument back!!!! Do not use this company. Research it and you will see many complaints similar to mine"

This review was modified by Kevin83165 on July 30 2015 09:18:47 AM

2015-07-03

"I purchased an RSQ K-2 player online on 07.01.2015 for use in a show scheduled for 07.04.2015. I paid the extra $54.60 for next day delivery so the unit would arrive in time for the show. I received an order confirmation email at 3.11 pm on 07.01.2015. The unit did not arrive on 07.02.2015 when it was supposed to, and their website said that the order was "processing." Giving them the benefit of doubt and assuming the order was placed too late in the day to ship on the 1st I was not overly concerned. I called customer service on 07.03.2015 to inquire about the time of delivery. I was first told that the order had not yet been shipped. I told them to cancel the order and return the funds to my card so I could purchase the unit elsewhere. Then I was told that the unit was put on a truck this morning and was on the way, and I would have to wait for the order to be returned to their warehouse before the money could be credited back to my account; in a week to 10 days. Now I have no money to purchase a unit to use in the show and the delivery is scheduled for Monday the 6th. After receiving the order and payment, it took this company almost 40 hours to "process" the order, pull a box off a shelf, put a shipping label on it and put it on a truck for "next day" deliver, for which they were paid an extra $55.00. The only upside to this is that they said that they would refund the delivery charge, but I will have to wait several days to receive the unit and to make sure the delivery charge gets credited back to the account. Poor service all the way around."

This review was modified by ka2thompson on July 03 2015 08:36:46 AM

2015-06-17

"The guitar showed up brand new and very well packaged. This was my first purchase in Musician`s friend and it wont be my last."

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!