Stores > Musician's Friend

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.91/10 1.91/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.13/10 3.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.91/10 0.91/10
Voice your opinion! Review Musician's Friend by clicking a star below.
2017-08-14

Horrible & rude customer service

"Our business orders a lot from this company. I needed something overnighted and I ordered from my phone. NO WHERE during the ordering process on my phone did it give me a cut off time for shipping. I ordered at 4:00 on a Thursday and paid the extra $32 for overnight. Here it is Monday and I still don't have my package. I phoned customer service and I was told that if I was to shop via computer, I could hover over the shipping and it would have given me the cut off time. But it does not show when placing an order from a phone. He told me it is buried in the terms & conditions somewhere and that I had the option to order from a computer instead of my phone and I would have seen I placed my order 3 minutes too late. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained the ordeal to him. He said they held up their end of the bargain so they would not refund me. I explained we spend tons of money a year with their company and asked for a gift card or something. He said, again, they held up their end of the bargain so he would not issue any type of compensation. Well, what about customer service? To a great customer? And they need to make this visible to customers ordering from their smart phone because so many of us do this now. I'm taking our business elsewhere. "

2017-07-23

New Guitar Rip Off

"I ordered a new Fender Special Edition Stratocaster HSS Electric Guitar from their website advertised as brand new. After going thru some kind of buyer confirmation process after they had already deducted the purchase price from my bank account, I received the guitar in about a week but it was not brand new. It was either an out of box store display or a customer return. It was covered with fingerprints and the plastic film that protects the pick guard was all nicked up from someone playing it. Hair line scratch on the body and a visible repair where a chip in the lacquer finish was touched and buffed. The Humbucker Pickup pole piece screws were stripped and could not adjust string volumes. The neck was about 1/8 inch out of alignment. After one month of moderate playing ,the humbucker stopped working all together .Tell tell signs of pick guard mounting screw wear, which tells me that someone may have swapped the original humbucker for a faulty one. To say the least I am not a happy customer and am considering filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. As dealing with these people directly would be a waste of time since this was an obvious con job. I would not recommend buying anything from this place."

2017-07-11

Will not do business with them again

"I ordered a digital download plug in from them and it took 3 days to "verify" my info even though the charges came out of my card immediately. Finally they released the order with a back order status??? How can software be on back order when I can go directly to the manufacturer and buy it immediately. Needless to say I'm flustered by this because any other plugin retailer will deliver immediately after payment. I will be canceling my order and buying from someone else. "

2017-07-03

Fast to take my money

"Made a purchase with MFs and they were really fast to take my money for the purchase but I needed to cancel the order just "minutes" after the purchase and I've been waiting for a refund now for over a week !"

2017-07-02

Shysters

"Bought 999 dollar acordeon went out of tune on on first try called talked to Glenn Send me to another Shyster louis Mickey mouse repair they said only once it broke again threw in trash bought real acordeon Italian made with no bs"

2017-06-03

The worst customer service ever

"Placed the order for the headphone which appeared to be defective upon arrival. Contacted the customer service but nobody responded. I have already had bad experience with musician friend store before but decided to give them another chance. They screwed up again. Absolutely unacceptable customer service and unresponsiveness makes this web store the worst."

2017-05-27

Slow and unreliable

"Placed orders with Sweetwater and MF on the same day; the one from Sweetwater arrived on Saturday, MF's won't arrive until Wednesday. Embarrassing."

2017-05-27

They do not honor stated warrantties

"Musician's Friend tells you on their website they have a 2 year Musician's Friend warranty on the items they sell, but it's a total lie. I purchased a Warlock from them less than 2 years ago. Today was the first time I changed the strings on it and discovered that the screw that holds the high E string tuner is stripped out. I called Musician's Friend to exercise this 2 year warranty, but they told me that since it was over 45 days since I made the purchase, there was nothing they could do about it other than to give me the phone number to BC Rich.

When I asked them about the two year warranty they advertise on their website, I was told that the 2 year warranty stated on their website is actually a manufacturer's warranty, not a Musician's Friend warranty even though it clearly says on the website that the warranty is a Musician's Friend and not a manufacturer's warranty; moreover, it says on the website for someone to exercise that 2 year warranty they should contact Musician's Friend and not the manufacturer, but when you contact Musician's Friend, they tell you they will give you the manufacturer's phone number so you can contact them about the problem. Basically, the two year warranty you see on their website is nothing more than a lie to get you to buy from them; they do not actually honor that warranty.

I would not recommend anyone buy from Musician's Friend. They are not honest and do not honor their stated warranties. You could pay for a very expensive musical instrument like I did and then be stuck with a piece of garbage; their only answer is to pass the buck to someone else.

2017-05-24

G&L Tribute Fallout Sonic Blue

"This was suppose to be a slightly use guitar with pic marks...i live in Canada so I have to pay a additional 67$ to get the guitar from the Canadian Custom fee...upon opening the box...i notice that all the strings were all in tune...they did not loosen the tension on the strings.. the worse was a 2 inch by 2 inch chunk of the body rip out and reglued offset..plys on the neck the finish was worn off on both side..sow when you slide your hand up and down you go from slick to ruff...i would never sell a guitar in this condition...total B.S... .they told me to send it back...but I need to repay the Canadian Custom fee...they won't pay for it...no class...very poor customer support..they should be a shame for selling a piece of sh t like that...if you order a use guitar from them...be smarter than me and asked for many pictures of all the guitar..."

2017-05-23

Con artists and fraudsters - stole my money - never shipped product.

"I paid for a Headrush pedalboard they claimed (in writing) was in stock. They gladly took my $999.00 and even sent me emails on Ebays like "musiciansfriend: Im stoked for you to get this - These guys came to our corporate office and did a demo for us. Super cool and versatile - sounds great. I love the touch screen!" and "We ship them from our warehouse in Kansas City MO" and "These are in stock now and ready to ship. The will most likely be in only the manufacturer box."
But they never sent a tracking number and never shipped. I contacted Paypal who got "Brady" on the phone who kept putting me on hold and finally came back on the phone to tell me that my account has been closed since 2011. When I asked him why he said he did not know why. I asked for a refund which he agreed to. But no refund came. Paypal put in a claim of non-receipt against Musicians Friend and to date they have not responded. I had bought from them on Ebay before and even got a glowing review from them "Good buyer, valued customer, highly recommended.".
If you look at their rating on BBB you will note they got an A+ despite the fact all of their two reviews were negative and 41 customer complaints were not accepted by the customer. And all the BBB complaints show "Complaint Details Unavailable". Take a look at the 2010 investigation "Better Business Bureau: The Best Ratings Money Can Buy - ABC News". Seems Guitar Center affiliates like Musicians Friend have capitalized on BBB weakness for money and willingness to compromise ratings for membership fees. This is why peer driven review sites, such as "resellerratings" have much more credibility and give the true story of Musicians Friend's dismal customer service record. By the way ... Ebay does not record order numbers. The only number you will be able to enter for any complaints is the Paypal transaction number.

2017-05-18

Music books

"I needed some new music books for my son's lessons. With the discount for multiple copies I decided to order 2 of each of the ones I needed. I gave the 2nd copy of each to our school's band instructor. The books came so quickly the product tracking showed up on the day they came. With the free shipping, the books were a really good deal and for it to come so fast (ordered on a Fri. afternoon and they came Tues. eve.), I was thrilled. Thank you!"

2017-05-17

Will not honor an ad.

"The ad is running on Yahoo and Facebook now, 5/17/2017 at 8:34pm EST. I wanted to but a pair of Converse that was normally $65, the add had the $65 marked through and the price of $35 was listed. When I tried to buy they would not honor the add. I wanted to pay with Paypal which they accept and they would not do A payment with Paypal. If they aren't going to honor their prices, they should not have the sale all over the internet!"

2017-04-29

"Free Shipping" is NOT FREE when its defective?

"I ordered a Gretsch 9100 ukelele from Musicians friend and it comes DEFECTIVE and rattle when you play it. I look at the shipping info and it says their "FREE SHIPMENT" is charged to if I return the instrument, PLUS I have to pay to ship it to them PLUS pay for insurance. thats half the cost of the defective trash. NONE of those details are mentioned at the time of sales."

2017-04-27

Above Average Service.

"I needed some guitar strings and call Musician's Friend to order them. They had the cheapest price out of anyone 4.99 a sset. Also shipping was free so I ordered 10 sets of strings strings. They got to my house within two days. Thats incredible!! Thank you Musician's Friend and I will not use any other music shop except you from now on. "

2017-04-17

How do any companies do business with them?

Hello, I am still very interested in your product and I also realize this is not the fault of Reloop. I was looking into the Mixon 4 and came across a level 2 discounted Mixon 4. I put the order in for $639 last Tuesday then I received an email on Thursday saying they needed confirmation from my account (exp. bank statement or screen shot from a phone) I understand this maybe policy for them. I then made a call to company on Friday of last week regarding the status of my order, I spoke to a gentleman named Jordan who told me that the controller just finished the prossing, and should be shipped promptly. I then checked the status online today at 3pm, It still said prossing. So I then called again today and spoke to a woman named Navan who informed me they did not have the controller any longer. Then she gave me a speech on how the computer would leave the pending process for up to two week before the status would be changed to canceled, also it would be about 5 business until the money is transferred into my account.
I then looked up this company online they have a 1.72 rating out of 5 stars. I should have look them up before doing business with them even though I have been doing business with Guitar Center for 15 years.
As I said I know this is not the fault of Reloop. But with all the retailers available, I urge you to cut ties with this company.

I will be buying this product at full retail price now, the only reason I choose the discounted controller we'll Hey I have 2 children and a stepson lol. Money's tight and it said a two year warranty was available.

Share Musician's Friend's store rating

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Musician's Friend is not a merchant member
Musician's Friend does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!