Stores > Mountain Rose Herbs

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

Oils Great. Customer Service / shipping not so great

"I am very pleased with the products. My complaint is with shipping/ providing the customers with a tracking number/ customer service. With each order I have placed, I do not automatically receive a tracking number when my order ships. I have to email customer service to receive a tracking number. This a great inconvience and this process with this company needs to be updated as thier competitors provide this. I have provided feedback, however I always receive a less than professional email from customer service with no changes. The hassle is not worth it....and the product is equal with other oil/herb companies I've shopped with. "

This review was modified by alctunbg on September 22 2016 09:42:37 PM

Best Essential Oils

"I just received my first order of a number of essential oils and they are the best quality I have used so far, and very affordable for a high quality product! Highly recommend trying them if you are currently buying through an MLM company as you will save money.

They also sent a free catalog that lists lots of things I'm looking forward to trying. Very reasonable prices for organic products.

This review was modified by DancingLady on September 09 2016 07:47:03 AM

I've ordered a few dozen times over the last 3 years and

"I've been happy with every product I received. I have only ordered spices and herbs, and to my experience they are of the same or superior quality to what you get in the big box stores, and in some cases at about 1/10th the price, while supporting organic fair trade products, and its not Kroger or Kirkland... 5 stars!

I have written some 3 or 4 internet reviews in my life, but I decided to leave one here as the 5/10 seems incorrect. I only saw this rating because I googled the store name to see their hours for in store pickup.

I am suspicious the way these reviews are all either 1 star or 5 stars... not to say mountain rose hasn't made any mistakes whatsoever. I've never purchased oils or had to make a return, perhaps these processes are experiencing regular errors that need to be handled better.

Not my experience though.

This review was modified by samholden161 on May 28 2016 10:10:39 PM

Great Organic and resposably sourced herbs!

"I love Mountain Rose Herbs! I have purchased from other 'bulk herb' stores and have always been disappointed with the lack of quality. The herbs I get from MRH look awesome and I can tell they are fresh. Whenever I order bulk herbs, they get to me super fast. I will never buy my herbs elsewhere!"

This review was modified by SWNMherbal on May 22 2016 08:26:15 AM

"Welp, I was a happy customer until they thought they could try and get over on my by making their Mango Butter double the cost. For example, A gallon of Mango Butter was $139 October 2015. I sold them out of every size. When all was restocked Novemer 2015, the cost of a gallon went to $285! WHAT!! A 4 ounce WAS $7, not its $13.75! I was not happy! I know it cost a lot for shipping coming from India but there's NO WAY it would cost that much extra!!! I hated to end my business with Mountain Rose Herbs but I will not be unappreciated. I own a business and I know how it is and I know when someone is trying to get over on their customers. Maybe I will order again but it will be a long time before I order Mango Butter again. "

"I purchased several lb of Milk thislte seeds, which were rancid and definaltly injurius for health . Customer service said they would refer it to thier " quality control lab" which probably doesnt even exist and passed it as nothing wrong with and did not refund the shipping expenses of about $20.
The items do not have date of manufactur or date of expiry listed - putting peoples health in danger.
After the milk thisle became sceptical of the edible oil purchased as well but was denied a date manfacture or expiry upon asking.
during each of thiese transaction also warned them that i will file a complaint and her it is

"Their website does not accurately represent their stock. I was really looking forward to receiving my order - instead I received the $3.75 muslin bags and a slip of paper telling me the main item was on backorder, for 2-4 weeks, maybe more. I was also charged the full price for shipping ($9.74).

I feel tricked into waiting weeks or months for an item I could have purchased (and received) elsewhere. Not a good customer experience at all.

This review was modified by onbackorder on October 06 2015 05:17:27 AM

cramjfl's Avatar

South Florida

"I love Mountain Rose Herbs! Great product selection and excellent customer service and shipping!"

This review was modified by cramjfl on June 10 2015 01:02:03 PM

"Love everything I get from here, and I shop the online store a lot! "

"I am stunned by all the negative reviews here... not sure what that's all about. I am a budding aromatherapist in Las Vegas. I've been ordering essential oils, herbal teas, and other products from Mountain Rose for over a year now. I've placed about 7 orders. Every single item has been TOP quality, and packaged beautifully. Can't beat the prices, especially for ORGANIC items that are manufactured to these impeccable standards. I only had to deal with customer service once, and it was a pleasure. I had accidentally given them the wrong shipping address, and didn't realize that for quite some time... so my package wound up sitting at my local post office for two weeks before I figured out it was there! Meanwhile, I had contacted Mountain Rose to inquire about my "missing" package. So when I finally fetched my package from the post office, I emailed them just to let them know all was well. Next day I received a reply saying "Please return the package, as we cannot now be certain that your essential oils are still of the highest quality, due to possible temperature changes related to the delay in delivery." They sent me a whole new $125 order, even though the mistake was all my fault! Now if that isn't stellar customer service, I don't know what is! Order from Mountain Rose with confidence. Delivery is not Amazon-fast, but that's because this isn't Amazon, it's an herbal "boutique" store of sorts, and its super natural products are well worth the wait! "

This review was modified by tanguera5 on April 03 2015 12:48:12 AM

"On my first order, I had an issue with one of the products seeming to be spoiled. I read these reviews and got quite worried that I was going to be stuck with it. I emailed them and was told that they would do a quality inspection of the retention lots of the item I ordered and would let me know what they found out. I emailed them back and told them that was fine but that no matter what they find in their investigation, that I still rec'd a bad item and that it should be replaced regardless. After 4 days, they emailed me that they found their retention lot to satisfactory, but as a one time courtesy they would send me a replacement at no charge. I am very pleased with that decision and look forward to receiving my item that is to be here today. Thanks Mountain Rose Herbs! That was great customer service!"

This review was modified by Lisa2015 on March 02 2015 10:27:53 AM

"I e-mailed them a few times and received satisfactory customer service. I live in Canada but it didn't take long to get to me. When I received the package, it was packaged very well. I got a lot of amber glass bottles and was very impressed with how well it was protected. My only gripe is the shipping to Canada. It was a fairly large package but the shipping was very expensive. Also they don't charge tax so I had to pay an additional handling fee upon arrival at my house on top of the large shipping cost."

This review was modified by jHeat on February 25 2015 01:08:42 PM

"I love this company. Great products, fast shipping, great pricing and customer service."

This review was modified by cindystjohn on November 30 2014 10:59:58 AM

"Online scam!!!
I just order some products from Mountain rose herbs website in Nov 2014. They already charged my credit card but suddenly canceled my order a few days later. They did not refund me and even my emails.
I want to warn those who intend to shoping online with this rip off company.

This review was modified by tamle_o on November 25 2014 12:23:32 AM

"UPDATE: wanted to change to 3 stars but had a hard time getting that clicked on my iPad so I feel ok putting in 4 stars... after asking to speak to someone who could decide to go against there policy the manager granted my request to have the tins shipped later without further shipping costs. I also noticed that bulkapocrathy has a similar policy, so this might be the norm with these companies. My recommendation is to use Mountain Rose but say that you want them to attempt to contact you in the notes so you know if your getting the whole order.

horrible customer service! I ordered several items with two day shipping bc I needed one of the items immediately. All but that item came because it was suddenly out of stock. When I asked then to send the item without further shipping fees, upset that they hadn't notified me it was out of stock, they told me that their policy is not to notify people and that I should have known that by reading all of their policies. No attempt at all to try and actually rectify the situation. Instead they out the onus on customers to protect themselves by writing special instructions in case THEY have made an inventory error. I also suspect they over charge the shipping costs to make profit. Ridiculous!

This review was modified by sahra_lynne on November 20 2014 11:58:16 AM

Share Mountain Rose Herbs's store rating

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member
Mountain Rose Herbs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!