Stores > Mountain Rose Herbs

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Mountain Rose Herbs by clicking a star below.
2017-03-16

Used to be a good company.

"I ordered from them recently and it took a week to ship the order and then 2 days shipping. No mention of a delay. In this day and age this is ridiculous."

This review was modified by blknwhite on March 22 2017 03:22:38 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-22-2017

A rep from Mountain Rose Herbs, mountainroseherbs, has responded

“Hi blknwhite! We are greatly apologetic about the shipping delay with your order and understand the frustration. Unlike many online businesses, we are still a small company doing everything from the filling to the labeling to the packaging and shipping by hand. Because we can’t predict demand, sometimes we get behind when we have an influx of orders resulting in delayed shipping. We are working hard to improve our processes and very much value the feedback. Your shipping costs have been fully refunded and we apologize once again for the inconvenience. Our hope is you shop with us again as we truly strive to provide a positive experience for every single customer. Feel free to call if you have any other concerns: 800.879.3337.

Kindly,
-Mountain Rose Herbs”

2017-02-18

Whether you are a business looking to purchase or a consumer this is the best company we have found

" Our company decided to use Mountain Rose herbs products because they continue to choose ethics over profit. The quality of the products they provide is the best you can find and the customer service is unbeatable. Trust me when I say, there is no need to look anywhere else to compare, we've already done the work for you. Thank you Mountain Rose Herbs for truly caring about your consumers and our earth. Jen @ High Vibration Products"

This review was modified by eventpromostaffing on February 18 2017 09:15:01 AM

2017-01-27

Wonderful customer service experience!

"I had placed a large order with MRH which included 2 essential oil 'starter kits'. My order was shipped all the way across the country from Oregon to New York. It took 6 days for my order to ship and 2 weeks to arrive, in part because of severe snowy weather conditions in OR around the time I placed my order (not really their fault). While most of the items I received were sufficiently packed and protected with bubble wrap, air bubble and paper, the most expensive items in my order (and the most fragile) were not. They unfortunately arrived with shattered glass bottles and leaking oils.

After contacting their customer support via email, I received a response within just a couple of hours. They offered to ship me 2 brand new essential oil kits 3-day air at no cost to me, and I was not required to ship back the damaged items. They also let me keep the bottles that were not damaged in transit.

Upon receiving the new sets there was a note on my order receipt that specifically stated "Please use extra padding/packing materials" ...and they most certainly did! This time they were very securely and carefully wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap and all 16 glass bottles arrived perfectly safe and in one piece.

I wanted to say that I'm very impressed with how they handled my issue and their attention to detail. The beautiful containers and boxes their products come in are thoughtfully designed and unlike anything you will find in other stores. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new herbal teas, essential oils and hydrosols. The quality of everything I received is excellent. I highly recommend them for DIY skin care/aromatherapy supplies, their selection is probably the best out here. Can't wait to place a second order with them. Thanks Mountain Rose! :)

This review was modified by airene on January 27 2017 06:45:03 AM

2017-01-13

the bloom is off this rose

"they will expedite an order for a fee. before 2009 this company was prompt courteous and timely but they grew along with their ego, and added middle management, which means more money co spends on labor. 2014 or 15 they added solar to reduce their overhead. how is it that one can purchase organic herbs at amazon for less; ie., maca root, shitake mushroom , and gelitain capsules to name a few. hold on to your pocketbook when looking for products here. co did not request this review, ordered week ago with weather caveat and they need more time to process. we got your money and you wait for two to three weeks in a temperate climate, with their weather who knows. seems like a sleezy way to wangle an additional five dollars. "

This review was modified by whocaresanyway on January 13 2017 11:00:03 AM

2016-11-15

Great product high priced shipping

"The products are great but the shipping and handling is outrageous. $14.00 for shipping and handling no matter if you order 1 or 2 Oz of oil. Anyone can send a 10lb package for that amount anywhere in the US. I personally cannot pay as much for shipping as I did for the oil. I did write them to tell them. They stated they offer bulk discount, I cannot afford bulk discount. I will be forced to look elsewhere. "

2016-09-21

Oils Great. Customer Service / shipping not so great

"I am very pleased with the products. My complaint is with shipping/ providing the customers with a tracking number/ customer service. With each order I have placed, I do not automatically receive a tracking number when my order ships. I have to email customer service to receive a tracking number. This a great inconvience and this process with this company needs to be updated as thier competitors provide this. I have provided feedback, however I always receive a less than professional email from customer service with no changes. The hassle is not worth it....and the product is equal with other oil/herb companies I've shopped with. "

This review was modified by alctunbg on September 22 2016 09:42:37 PM

2016-09-09

Best Essential Oils

"I just received my first order of a number of essential oils and they are the best quality I have used so far, and very affordable for a high quality product! Highly recommend trying them if you are currently buying through an MLM company as you will save money.

They also sent a free catalog that lists lots of things I'm looking forward to trying. Very reasonable prices for organic products.

This review was modified by DancingLady on September 09 2016 07:47:03 AM

2016-05-28

I've ordered a few dozen times over the last 3 years and

"I've been happy with every product I received. I have only ordered spices and herbs, and to my experience they are of the same or superior quality to what you get in the big box stores, and in some cases at about 1/10th the price, while supporting organic fair trade products, and its not Kroger or Kirkland... 5 stars!

I have written some 3 or 4 internet reviews in my life, but I decided to leave one here as the 5/10 seems incorrect. I only saw this rating because I googled the store name to see their hours for in store pickup.

I am suspicious the way these reviews are all either 1 star or 5 stars... not to say mountain rose hasn't made any mistakes whatsoever. I've never purchased oils or had to make a return, perhaps these processes are experiencing regular errors that need to be handled better.

Not my experience though.

This review was modified by samholden161 on May 28 2016 10:10:39 PM

2016-05-22

Great Organic and resposably sourced herbs!

"I love Mountain Rose Herbs! I have purchased from other 'bulk herb' stores and have always been disappointed with the lack of quality. The herbs I get from MRH look awesome and I can tell they are fresh. Whenever I order bulk herbs, they get to me super fast. I will never buy my herbs elsewhere!"

This review was modified by SWNMherbal on May 22 2016 08:26:15 AM

2015-11-28

"Welp, I was a happy customer until they thought they could try and get over on my by making their Mango Butter double the cost. For example, A gallon of Mango Butter was $139 October 2015. I sold them out of every size. When all was restocked Novemer 2015, the cost of a gallon went to $285! WHAT!! A 4 ounce WAS $7, not its $13.75! I was not happy! I know it cost a lot for shipping coming from India but there's NO WAY it would cost that much extra!!! I hated to end my business with Mountain Rose Herbs but I will not be unappreciated. I own a business and I know how it is and I know when someone is trying to get over on their customers. Maybe I will order again but it will be a long time before I order Mango Butter again. "

2015-10-08

"I purchased several lb of Milk thislte seeds, which were rancid and definaltly injurius for health . Customer service said they would refer it to thier " quality control lab" which probably doesnt even exist and passed it as nothing wrong with and did not refund the shipping expenses of about $20.
The items do not have date of manufactur or date of expiry listed - putting peoples health in danger.
After the milk thisle became sceptical of the edible oil purchased as well but was denied a date manfacture or expiry upon asking.
during each of thiese transaction also warned them that i will file a complaint and her it is

2015-10-06

"Their website does not accurately represent their stock. I was really looking forward to receiving my order - instead I received the $3.75 muslin bags and a slip of paper telling me the main item was on backorder, for 2-4 weeks, maybe more. I was also charged the full price for shipping ($9.74).

I feel tricked into waiting weeks or months for an item I could have purchased (and received) elsewhere. Not a good customer experience at all.

This review was modified by onbackorder on October 06 2015 05:17:27 AM

cramjfl's Avatar

South Florida
2015-06-10

"I love Mountain Rose Herbs! Great product selection and excellent customer service and shipping!"

This review was modified by cramjfl on June 10 2015 01:02:03 PM

2015-05-15

"Love everything I get from here, and I shop the online store a lot! "

2015-04-03

"I am stunned by all the negative reviews here... not sure what that's all about. I am a budding aromatherapist in Las Vegas. I've been ordering essential oils, herbal teas, and other products from Mountain Rose for over a year now. I've placed about 7 orders. Every single item has been TOP quality, and packaged beautifully. Can't beat the prices, especially for ORGANIC items that are manufactured to these impeccable standards. I only had to deal with customer service once, and it was a pleasure. I had accidentally given them the wrong shipping address, and didn't realize that for quite some time... so my package wound up sitting at my local post office for two weeks before I figured out it was there! Meanwhile, I had contacted Mountain Rose to inquire about my "missing" package. So when I finally fetched my package from the post office, I emailed them just to let them know all was well. Next day I received a reply saying "Please return the package, as we cannot now be certain that your essential oils are still of the highest quality, due to possible temperature changes related to the delay in delivery." They sent me a whole new $125 order, even though the mistake was all my fault! Now if that isn't stellar customer service, I don't know what is! Order from Mountain Rose with confidence. Delivery is not Amazon-fast, but that's because this isn't Amazon, it's an herbal "boutique" store of sorts, and its super natural products are well worth the wait! "

This review was modified by tanguera5 on April 03 2015 12:48:12 AM

Share Mountain Rose Herbs's store rating

Mountain Rose Herbs is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Mountain Rose Herbs is a merchant member
Mountain Rose Herbs participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,426 merchant members.