Stores > Mountain Rose Herbs

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
Voice your opinion! Review Mountain Rose Herbs by clicking a star below.
2017-05-04

Poor service

"I sent a email asking for free or reduced shipping if I were to order, I had Shea butter from them from before that lasted three years, they emailed back an excuse saying they don't offer that due to increased cost of fuel. I ordered anyway and ended up returning without opening it, I emailed asking for a return package label, they emailed me back their return policy which tells u how u don't have to contact them for a return label, I emailed again replying that I know that but how do I get a return label, will u guys send me one or do I have to purchase one from the post office , how? No response, so I had to pay again much more for a return label at the post office, and factoring the shipping that also is non refunded I would say that their service is horrible "

2017-04-06

Poor shipping

"When you operate your own business, getting your product in a timely fashion is critical. That being said their shipping is ridiculous. It's expensive and it takes more than a week to ship your order. I placed an order on 3/31, today is 4/6 and it still hasn't shipped.

Other than shipping I love their product, all of their herbs are fresh and beautiful. But when you rely on your order coming in a decent time frame it doesn't work out. For this reason I'm looking for a new supplier.

2017-03-29

Fast response to the email, great customer service so far..

"I ordered some products expecting them to ship out next only to find out they wouldn't be. This was an issue because my sister is in town for her birthday and I really wanted to suprise her. Sent an email to them and they almost responded immediately. When I called I got friendly service from a gal who says she used to live around nebraska where I do and said she would take care of my issues. As a small company with great products and doing everything by hand I can appreciate their honesty. If it hadn't been for my sister I would have been happy for the wait. Look forward to doing business with them again."

2017-03-16

Used to be a good company.

"I ordered from them recently and it took a week to ship the order and then 2 days shipping. No mention of a delay. In this day and age this is ridiculous."

2017-02-18

Whether you are a business looking to purchase or a consumer this is the best company we have found

" Our company decided to use Mountain Rose herbs products because they continue to choose ethics over profit. The quality of the products they provide is the best you can find and the customer service is unbeatable. Trust me when I say, there is no need to look anywhere else to compare, we've already done the work for you. Thank you Mountain Rose Herbs for truly caring about your consumers and our earth. Jen @ High Vibration Products"

2017-01-27

Wonderful customer service experience!

"I had placed a large order with MRH which included 2 essential oil 'starter kits'. My order was shipped all the way across the country from Oregon to New York. It took 6 days for my order to ship and 2 weeks to arrive, in part because of severe snowy weather conditions in OR around the time I placed my order (not really their fault). While most of the items I received were sufficiently packed and protected with bubble wrap, air bubble and paper, the most expensive items in my order (and the most fragile) were not. They unfortunately arrived with shattered glass bottles and leaking oils.

After contacting their customer support via email, I received a response within just a couple of hours. They offered to ship me 2 brand new essential oil kits 3-day air at no cost to me, and I was not required to ship back the damaged items. They also let me keep the bottles that were not damaged in transit.

Upon receiving the new sets there was a note on my order receipt that specifically stated "Please use extra padding/packing materials" ...and they most certainly did! This time they were very securely and carefully wrapped in multiple layers of bubble wrap and all 16 glass bottles arrived perfectly safe and in one piece.

I wanted to say that I'm very impressed with how they handled my issue and their attention to detail. The beautiful containers and boxes their products come in are thoughtfully designed and unlike anything you will find in other stores. I'm thoroughly enjoying my new herbal teas, essential oils and hydrosols. The quality of everything I received is excellent. I highly recommend them for DIY skin care/aromatherapy supplies, their selection is probably the best out here. Can't wait to place a second order with them. Thanks Mountain Rose! :)

2017-01-13

the bloom is off this rose

"they will expedite an order for a fee. before 2009 this company was prompt courteous and timely but they grew along with their ego, and added middle management, which means more money co spends on labor. 2014 or 15 they added solar to reduce their overhead. how is it that one can purchase organic herbs at amazon for less; ie., maca root, shitake mushroom , and gelitain capsules to name a few. hold on to your pocketbook when looking for products here. co did not request this review, ordered week ago with weather caveat and they need more time to process. we got your money and you wait for two to three weeks in a temperate climate, with their weather who knows. seems like a sleezy way to wangle an additional five dollars. "

2016-11-15

Great product high priced shipping

"The products are great but the shipping and handling is outrageous. $14.00 for shipping and handling no matter if you order 1 or 2 Oz of oil. Anyone can send a 10lb package for that amount anywhere in the US. I personally cannot pay as much for shipping as I did for the oil. I did write them to tell them. They stated they offer bulk discount, I cannot afford bulk discount. I will be forced to look elsewhere. "

2016-09-21

Oils Great. Customer Service / shipping not so great

"I am very pleased with the products. My complaint is with shipping/ providing the customers with a tracking number/ customer service. With each order I have placed, I do not automatically receive a tracking number when my order ships. I have to email customer service to receive a tracking number. This a great inconvience and this process with this company needs to be updated as thier competitors provide this. I have provided feedback, however I always receive a less than professional email from customer service with no changes. The hassle is not worth it....and the product is equal with other oil/herb companies I've shopped with. "

2016-09-09

Best Essential Oils

"I just received my first order of a number of essential oils and they are the best quality I have used so far, and very affordable for a high quality product! Highly recommend trying them if you are currently buying through an MLM company as you will save money.

They also sent a free catalog that lists lots of things I'm looking forward to trying. Very reasonable prices for organic products.

2016-05-28

I've ordered a few dozen times over the last 3 years and

"I've been happy with every product I received. I have only ordered spices and herbs, and to my experience they are of the same or superior quality to what you get in the big box stores, and in some cases at about 1/10th the price, while supporting organic fair trade products, and its not Kroger or Kirkland... 5 stars!

I have written some 3 or 4 internet reviews in my life, but I decided to leave one here as the 5/10 seems incorrect. I only saw this rating because I googled the store name to see their hours for in store pickup.

I am suspicious the way these reviews are all either 1 star or 5 stars... not to say mountain rose hasn't made any mistakes whatsoever. I've never purchased oils or had to make a return, perhaps these processes are experiencing regular errors that need to be handled better.

Not my experience though.

2016-05-22

Great Organic and resposably sourced herbs!

"I love Mountain Rose Herbs! I have purchased from other 'bulk herb' stores and have always been disappointed with the lack of quality. The herbs I get from MRH look awesome and I can tell they are fresh. Whenever I order bulk herbs, they get to me super fast. I will never buy my herbs elsewhere!"

2015-11-28

"Welp, I was a happy customer until they thought they could try and get over on my by making their Mango Butter double the cost. For example, A gallon of Mango Butter was $139 October 2015. I sold them out of every size. When all was restocked Novemer 2015, the cost of a gallon went to $285! WHAT!! A 4 ounce WAS $7, not its $13.75! I was not happy! I know it cost a lot for shipping coming from India but there's NO WAY it would cost that much extra!!! I hated to end my business with Mountain Rose Herbs but I will not be unappreciated. I own a business and I know how it is and I know when someone is trying to get over on their customers. Maybe I will order again but it will be a long time before I order Mango Butter again. "

2015-10-08

"I purchased several lb of Milk thislte seeds, which were rancid and definaltly injurius for health . Customer service said they would refer it to thier " quality control lab" which probably doesnt even exist and passed it as nothing wrong with and did not refund the shipping expenses of about $20.
The items do not have date of manufactur or date of expiry listed - putting peoples health in danger.
After the milk thisle became sceptical of the edible oil purchased as well but was denied a date manfacture or expiry upon asking.
during each of thiese transaction also warned them that i will file a complaint and her it is

2015-10-06

"Their website does not accurately represent their stock. I was really looking forward to receiving my order - instead I received the $3.75 muslin bags and a slip of paper telling me the main item was on backorder, for 2-4 weeks, maybe more. I was also charged the full price for shipping ($9.74).

I feel tricked into waiting weeks or months for an item I could have purchased (and received) elsewhere. Not a good customer experience at all.

Share Mountain Rose Herbs's store rating

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member
Mountain Rose Herbs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!