Mountain Rose Herbs Reviews - mountainroseherbs.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.17/10 23 reviews

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member
Mountain Rose Herbs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered for the first time a few weeks ago. I received an email within two days informing me my products had shipped. Shipping took a long time but I live in Michigan and knew that ordering from Oregon Ground shipping would take awhile. Plus there were a few snow storms in between that UPS got caught in. I received the products I ordered 2 of my 13 products were missing. I called customer service, someone answered right away took a message and told me someone from returns would be calling me that day. Within an hour I received a call from the returns department apologizing and they are shipping me out the missing oils. I received an email the same day with tracking info. I would definitely order again. This isn't amazon you won't have your products in 2 days but the oils I ordered were packaged great, of great quality and I received friendly helpful service."

modified review This review was modified by kariandjesse on February 19 2014 11:27:48 AM

"I am disappointed with Mountain Rose Herbs and feel their customer service is lacking. I purchased quite a few herbs and tea in bulk, along with beeswax tealights, which I needed. When I checked my online receipt after ordering, everything was accounted for.
Shipping was very slow (almost two weeks), and when my order finally did arrive, the tealights were not included, and the invoice stated they were out of stock. The invoice had been adjusted to reflect the new price. I had not received an email, or any sort of notification that the item was out of stock. When I called to inquire, they told me this happens often, and they simply are not able to notify each customer when an item becomes out of stock. Keep in mind that it didn't show as out of stock on their website, and it went through on my original order form. I only found out that the tealights were out of stock once I actually received my order.
The only thing that the customer service rep could do was offer to put, "a big notation on my account to call me when an item is out of stock." What kind of service is that? They wouldn't even offer to send them to me when they arrive in stock. I do not plan to order from them again. Save your money and go with a company that has higher standards for customer satisfaction.

modified review This review was modified by Sara313 on January 14 2014 01:19:49 PM

"I have been a loyal customer to Mountain Rose Herbs for a few years now. I always had great experiences but my last one has forced me to find a new supplier.

They had sent me a bottle of lavender oil that was "off" and couldn't be used in any product. They refused to offer any help other than stating that others customers had complained, they tested the product and the chemical composition was fine. Unfortunately, when you are buying a high quality oil you expect it to smell good in your products. I have tested oils from many suppliers and have a good nose.

I never once asked for a refund since I was out of my return period, but would have felt much better had the customer service rep offered me anything to help rather than sticking to saying that they were right no matter what. Even 5% off my next order would have helped me try the company again. As a business owner myself, I am disappointed with this level of customer service and won't take the chance of receiving a poor quality product again.

modified review This review was modified by sarahwat on January 13 2014 07:05:59 PM

"The quality of Mountain Rose Herbs products are poor. Their customer service is terrible. Mountain Rose Herbs are unaccountable, their attitude lacks integrity. Terrible experience. Never again. "

modified review This review was modified by SAM1998 on December 04 2013 10:13:32 AM

"HORRIFIC! Placed an order and paid for USPS 2-day priority mail. they shipped the order 5 days later via UPS ground (taking 2 weeks). did not respond to emails, and no one answers the phone. I've notified them that I'm canceling the order, but I'm canceling the credit card charge as well, since it's obvious these fools are going to continue to ignore me.

These people sure don't know how to run a business. Don't bother ordering from them; they're likely to be out of business before your order ships.

modified review This review was modified by culprit on November 05 2013 11:20:56 AM

"They ripped me off and did not honor a policy specifically stated on their website. After trying to contact them several times on the matter, the only response I ever got was something about "a large influx of email requests"- pretty generic excuse.

Funny, they sure did respond quickly to my email order (so they could charge my credit card), even in the midst of this "large influx of email requests".

The policy they did not honor was that they claim they will honor the lowest shipping price selected while still shipping your order via UPS if you've ordered something like essential oils which are required to ship ground. Since I had a very small order, I selected USPS as the shipping method. Because their website was currently down, they had to follow up my email order with a phone call to process payment (they responded very quickly. Amazing. With the "large influx of email requests" and all).

The woman on the phone charged me over twice the amount of shipping costs that I'd selected on my order. I asked if this was the cheapest option, she hesitated and said yes, but didn't sound completely honest. So I checked their website, sure enough it did say that items marked HM would have to be shipped ground, but they would still honor the lower price of USPS shipping if that is what you selected.

So I can't support a company so dishonest that they will greedily respond to any email order before they've charged your credit card, but will blow you off after collecting your money, claiming a "large influx of email requests." Especially when it has to do with a policy they've spelled out on their website. It's a shame really, because they do offer good products at fairly reasonable prices.

modified review This review was modified by Secondtimecustomer on September 10 2013 10:27:40 PM

"I am surprised with the negative reviews here. I have been ordering from mountain rose for about a year now. Their essential oils have been very high quality and prices are fair. Shipping is efficient. I had to contact customer service only once when one thing I ordered was missing. They not only replaced it but sent be a second bottle for free. Very pleased with them. It is a shame if these negative reviews are coming from a competitor. They should spend their time improving their products instead of trashing a good company like mountain rose. "

"I purchased recently some items from this company. Out of three items, two of them were defective. In addition to not returning my calls. I had to speak with a sale representative just to get an answer. The rep stated that they wanted me to return the items at my expense and that they would not refund me the shipping costs for these items from the initial purchase or the return. Also, they claimed they had sent this claim to a quality laboratory to determine whether I was lying or not. They ignored my voice messages and didn't seem to care whether I was dissatisfied or not. I am very disappointed and will never do business with Mountain Rose Herbs again!"

modified review This review was modified by JoeKM on May 02 2013 05:06:10 PM

"Wonderful products. Love the Teas most!"

"After seeing some glowing reviews and checking out the selection and prices on the Mountain Rose Herbs website, I figured it would be a great place to start gathering supplies needed for homemade soaps and lotions. I would really like to review my products from MRH...problem is, I have yet to receive them. The website promises a confirmation email immediately upon placing an order, and orders shipped within two business days. Well, I placed my order on 12/11/12 and got no confirmation. On 12/13, I sent a polite enquiry on the status of my order (which was still showing "Order Placed" status in the account section of the site) and as of 12/15 have yet to receive a response. I'm well aware that shipping from OR to IL can take time, but the fact that my order doesn't even seem to have been packed after 4 days makes me leery of this company's promises and reputability. All of the items were in stock with no shipping restrictions when I ordered them, so I really can't imagine what the issue could be. If I get my order or at least a response to my email, I'll be happy to update this review, but so far I'm going to have to suggest that people take their business elsewhere if they'd like good customer service and timely shipping."

"RIP OFF WEBSITE BEWARE OF TOXIC TEAS & HERBS!!! Poor quality oils that smell off and nothing like organic oils, teas had mold in them my friend got sick drinking it, and the customer service are RUDE! Bad packaging: herbs spilled in shipment. They refused to refund, I returned the stuff and they claimed it wasn't their responsibility and only offered partial 25% refund claiming the products were not resellable. Well duh they sent me expired, moldy damaged garbage and they scammed me out of my money. I placed a large order from this website because of internet recommendation and reputation but I was treated like a 3rd rate customer. I say to everyone: STAY AWAY!!! I would not trust the customer service not to temper with edible items and herbs. You can find better quality elsewhere only whether on auction sites or natural product stores. Shop around & buy from reputable company. MOUNTAIN ROSE HERBS IS NOT REPUTABLE!! Maybe MRH was good 5 years ago but in 2012 they and they send you perished products. Please BEWARE OF FAKE REVIEWS WRITTEN BY STAFF AND AFFILIATES: you should know that MRH PAYS MONEY to website owners to plug their garbage products!!! "

"I too, wonder who is writing this review. I and many of my friends in the wellness industry have used Mountain Rose Herbs for many many years. They have the best prices for the most pure products and ingredients and also have great, FREE, information on the website. In 10 years, have NEVER had a single problem. Shipping is quick, they include free catalogs and products are always shipped safely and are very fresh. Strange to see the other reviews. I work in a spa and the customers that I refer to them, email with much thanks for all the money that they save with Mountain Rose."

"I honestly wonder if a competitor is writing these reviews. I myself have used mountain rose herbs several times and have been extremely satisfied with every aspect of the company. I have really severe allergies to corn and so i need to call companies to make sure that their products aren't going to cause me health issues upon use or consumption; Every time that I have called them they have - without a doubt been some of the most friendly and willing to go the extra mile of nearly any company that I have called - and trust me when I say that I have called a lot because of my allergie. Their products are absolutely unrivaled as well as their customer service. If I had to compare this company to another I would say that the first that comes to mind is edenfoods.com (eden organic). "

"I used to order large orders up to 4 times a year with Mountain Rose FOR 5 YEARS. Never claimed a loss package. Never returned a package. My address is international. In 2012, out of nowhere they sent an email out announcing the end of all international orders. No exceptions. SHAME ON THIS COMPANY! THEY GOT SO GREEDY AND SO NARROW MINDED THE MINUTE THEY BECAME POPULAR. A GREAT EXAMPLE OF SUCCESS POORLY MANAGED. DISGRACEFUL!"

modified review This review was modified by MOUNTAINROSEISMIDDLEAGECOMPANY on October 19 2012 01:41:06 AM

"I ordered the rosehip seed oil. It comes in a large quantity, for a really affordable price. I should have known something was up by the cheap price of the product. Rose hip oil can cost as much as $14.99 for .5fl oz. This stuff looks and smells like sesame oil. I smell like a bowl of dan dan noodles when I apply it. This is a really bad practice. I was really hoping for a good quality product. "