• Mountain Rose H

Product & services pricing Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.75/10 8.75/10

"Love everything I get from here, and I shop the online store a lot! "

"I am stunned by all the negative reviews here... not sure what that's all about. I am a budding aromatherapist in Las Vegas. I've been ordering essential oils, herbal teas, and other products from Mountain Rose for over a year now. I've placed about 7 orders. Every single item has been TOP quality, and packaged beautifully. Can't beat the prices, especially for ORGANIC items that are manufactured to these impeccable standards. I only had to deal with customer service once, and it was a pleasure. I had accidentally given them the wrong shipping address, and didn't realize that for quite some time... so my package wound up sitting at my local post office for two weeks before I figured out it was there! Meanwhile, I had contacted Mountain Rose to inquire about my "missing" package. So when I finally fetched my package from the post office, I emailed them just to let them know all was well. Next day I received a reply saying "Please return the package, as we cannot now be certain that your essential oils are still of the highest quality, due to possible temperature changes related to the delay in delivery." They sent me a whole new $125 order, even though the mistake was all my fault! Now if that isn't stellar customer service, I don't know what is! Order from Mountain Rose with confidence. Delivery is not Amazon-fast, but that's because this isn't Amazon, it's an herbal "boutique" store of sorts, and its super natural products are well worth the wait! "

modified review This review was modified by tanguera5 on April 03 2015 12:48:12 AM

"On my first order, I had an issue with one of the products seeming to be spoiled. I read these reviews and got quite worried that I was going to be stuck with it. I emailed them and was told that they would do a quality inspection of the retention lots of the item I ordered and would let me know what they found out. I emailed them back and told them that was fine but that no matter what they find in their investigation, that I still rec'd a bad item and that it should be replaced regardless. After 4 days, they emailed me that they found their retention lot to satisfactory, but as a one time courtesy they would send me a replacement at no charge. I am very pleased with that decision and look forward to receiving my item that is to be here today. Thanks Mountain Rose Herbs! That was great customer service!"

modified review This review was modified by Lisa2015 on March 02 2015 10:27:53 AM

"I e-mailed them a few times and received satisfactory customer service. I live in Canada but it didn't take long to get to me. When I received the package, it was packaged very well. I got a lot of amber glass bottles and was very impressed with how well it was protected. My only gripe is the shipping to Canada. It was a fairly large package but the shipping was very expensive. Also they don't charge tax so I had to pay an additional handling fee upon arrival at my house on top of the large shipping cost."

modified review This review was modified by jHeat on February 25 2015 01:08:42 PM

"I love this company. Great products, fast shipping, great pricing and customer service."

modified review This review was modified by cindystjohn on November 30 2014 10:59:58 AM

"Online scam!!!
Hello,
I just order some products from Mountain rose herbs website in Nov 2014. They already charged my credit card but suddenly canceled my order a few days later. They did not refund me and even my emails.
I want to warn those who intend to shoping online with this rip off company.

modified review This review was modified by tamle_o on November 25 2014 12:23:32 AM

"UPDATE: wanted to change to 3 stars but had a hard time getting that clicked on my iPad so I feel ok putting in 4 stars... after asking to speak to someone who could decide to go against there policy the manager granted my request to have the tins shipped later without further shipping costs. I also noticed that bulkapocrathy has a similar policy, so this might be the norm with these companies. My recommendation is to use Mountain Rose but say that you want them to attempt to contact you in the notes so you know if your getting the whole order.

horrible customer service! I ordered several items with two day shipping bc I needed one of the items immediately. All but that item came because it was suddenly out of stock. When I asked then to send the item without further shipping fees, upset that they hadn't notified me it was out of stock, they told me that their policy is not to notify people and that I should have known that by reading all of their policies. No attempt at all to try and actually rectify the situation. Instead they out the onus on customers to protect themselves by writing special instructions in case THEY have made an inventory error. I also suspect they over charge the shipping costs to make profit. Ridiculous!

modified review This review was modified by sahra_lynne on November 20 2014 11:58:16 AM

"Mountain Rose Herbs is a horrible place if you are LOCAL. I happen to live in Eugene, Oregon where they are based. They used to have great customer service, about eight years ago! I went to their shop in Pleasant Hill (they relocated to the downtown area). I could go in and get any herbs or oils I wanted without calling or paying ahead. Now they do not do this anymore - you have to order online and say you will pick up your order. And most of the time, it's not even ready when you go pick it up. The people who work there ignore you, they have a bad attitude and they are not welcoming at all. I do NOT get my herbs or oils there any longer. I urge others to try out www.pennherb.com. Excellent place."

modified review This review was modified by disirdevi on July 27 2014 08:44:09 AM

"My case exactly mirrors the reviewer about the rosehip oil that smelled like sesame oil. the first incident happened a year ago, I ordered a very expensive oil, I think was pomegranate oil that smelled like sesame. I assumed they switched the far cheaper sesame oil for the expensive one. I've let it go after getting a full refund upon return of the item with shipping included. But my recent order in which a 16 oz almond oil smelled undeniably like sesame oil, I was floored. I use almond oil to mix with vitamin E for a supplement. After taking a dropperful, I suffered serious colitis. Something's going on at that place that I no longer trust. I'm afraid of ending up taking something that is potentially harmful; either possibly contaminated, or even switched product where you don't know if it is meant for internal use. I would be very weary of this company. "

"I ordered for the first time a few weeks ago. I received an email within two days informing me my products had shipped. Shipping took a long time but I live in Michigan and knew that ordering from Oregon Ground shipping would take awhile. Plus there were a few snow storms in between that UPS got caught in. I received the products I ordered 2 of my 13 products were missing. I called customer service, someone answered right away took a message and told me someone from returns would be calling me that day. Within an hour I received a call from the returns department apologizing and they are shipping me out the missing oils. I received an email the same day with tracking info. I would definitely order again. This isn't amazon you won't have your products in 2 days but the oils I ordered were packaged great, of great quality and I received friendly helpful service."

modified review This review was modified by kariandjesse on February 19 2014 11:27:48 AM

"I am disappointed with Mountain Rose Herbs and feel their customer service is lacking. I purchased quite a few herbs and tea in bulk, along with beeswax tealights, which I needed. When I checked my online receipt after ordering, everything was accounted for.
Shipping was very slow (almost two weeks), and when my order finally did arrive, the tealights were not included, and the invoice stated they were out of stock. The invoice had been adjusted to reflect the new price. I had not received an email, or any sort of notification that the item was out of stock. When I called to inquire, they told me this happens often, and they simply are not able to notify each customer when an item becomes out of stock. Keep in mind that it didn't show as out of stock on their website, and it went through on my original order form. I only found out that the tealights were out of stock once I actually received my order.
The only thing that the customer service rep could do was offer to put, "a big notation on my account to call me when an item is out of stock." What kind of service is that? They wouldn't even offer to send them to me when they arrive in stock. I do not plan to order from them again. Save your money and go with a company that has higher standards for customer satisfaction.

modified review This review was modified by Sara313 on January 14 2014 01:19:49 PM

"I have been a loyal customer to Mountain Rose Herbs for a few years now. I always had great experiences but my last one has forced me to find a new supplier.

They had sent me a bottle of lavender oil that was "off" and couldn't be used in any product. They refused to offer any help other than stating that others customers had complained, they tested the product and the chemical composition was fine. Unfortunately, when you are buying a high quality oil you expect it to smell good in your products. I have tested oils from many suppliers and have a good nose.

I never once asked for a refund since I was out of my return period, but would have felt much better had the customer service rep offered me anything to help rather than sticking to saying that they were right no matter what. Even 5% off my next order would have helped me try the company again. As a business owner myself, I am disappointed with this level of customer service and won't take the chance of receiving a poor quality product again.

modified review This review was modified by sarahwat on January 13 2014 07:05:59 PM

"The quality of Mountain Rose Herbs products are poor. Their customer service is terrible. Mountain Rose Herbs are unaccountable, their attitude lacks integrity. Terrible experience. Never again. "

modified review This review was modified by SAM1998 on December 04 2013 10:13:32 AM

"HORRIFIC! Placed an order and paid for USPS 2-day priority mail. they shipped the order 5 days later via UPS ground (taking 2 weeks). did not respond to emails, and no one answers the phone. I've notified them that I'm canceling the order, but I'm canceling the credit card charge as well, since it's obvious these fools are going to continue to ignore me.

These people sure don't know how to run a business. Don't bother ordering from them; they're likely to be out of business before your order ships.

modified review This review was modified by culprit on November 05 2013 11:20:56 AM

"They ripped me off and did not honor a policy specifically stated on their website. After trying to contact them several times on the matter, the only response I ever got was something about "a large influx of email requests"- pretty generic excuse.

Funny, they sure did respond quickly to my email order (so they could charge my credit card), even in the midst of this "large influx of email requests".

The policy they did not honor was that they claim they will honor the lowest shipping price selected while still shipping your order via UPS if you've ordered something like essential oils which are required to ship ground. Since I had a very small order, I selected USPS as the shipping method. Because their website was currently down, they had to follow up my email order with a phone call to process payment (they responded very quickly. Amazing. With the "large influx of email requests" and all).

The woman on the phone charged me over twice the amount of shipping costs that I'd selected on my order. I asked if this was the cheapest option, she hesitated and said yes, but didn't sound completely honest. So I checked their website, sure enough it did say that items marked HM would have to be shipped ground, but they would still honor the lower price of USPS shipping if that is what you selected.

So I can't support a company so dishonest that they will greedily respond to any email order before they've charged your credit card, but will blow you off after collecting your money, claiming a "large influx of email requests." Especially when it has to do with a policy they've spelled out on their website. It's a shame really, because they do offer good products at fairly reasonable prices.

modified review This review was modified by Secondtimecustomer on September 10 2013 10:27:40 PM

Share Mountain Rose Herbs's store rating

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Mountain Rose Herbs is not a merchant member
Mountain Rose Herbs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!