Stores > Monsters In Motion

• Monsters In Mot

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-08-05

Monsters in Motion Offers a unique Nexus Accessing Amazing Science Fiction, Action Adventure, and Horror Products from across the Galaxy!

"Although you might not be able to tell from the above disgruntled customer comments above, MIM is mainly a DISTRIBUTOR of distinctive specialty and often rare merchandise tied in to the science fiction, action adventure, superhero, and horror universes. They do offer their own products and services, which I have personally known to be excellent. They do make it their primary business however to offer from various vendors across the modern world, merchandise that would probably largely go unnoticed unless people were extremely meticulous in utilizing search engines to locate these often near-impossible to find items. It is a shame when a vendor misrepresents something about their products which MIM then has to distribute, but I have always found the people at MIM more than eager to please a customer over a transaction that didn't meet with satisfaction. They will hold orders for as long as it takes to fulfill them usually, unless of course something goes wrong with the particular merchant. It is NOT their responsibility to regulate FedEx deliveries, or go into the various factories of their diverse merchants and regulate quality control. Even the complaints listed here seem to testify to their willingness to refund or exchange. But let's face it, a garage kit can often be lacking in "high quality" and it is the modeler's work which brings out the excellence of the particular offering. This year, I have had the pleasure to place orders for unique stands for Star Trek hand props and a 1966 Batman cowl which I could not locate anywhere else or for the same price. MIM does not charge credit cards until the order ships, which has been their policy for as long as I can remember, going back almost twenty years! In the past, I have waited over a year for a merchant to supply them with a lighting kit I ordered, the fulfillment of which they had no control over with regard to its production by the vendor - however I can also say that this particular kit was the best available on the market anywhere at that time! I loved getting it when it finally arrived! They maintain fantastic access to unique model kits, statues, books, masks, et al, making them a "must see vendor" every few weeks! They are outstanding in what they do and how they do it. "

This review was modified by Paul350 on August 05 2016 06:37:28 PM

2015-09-11

"I'm currently trying to cancel a preordered due out in two months and have sent various emails to do so and get no responses whatsoever. After this and reading here I'm very worried about buying from them. I used an Amex card so may contact them to not accept the charge on this order."

This review was modified by texhonolize on September 11 2015 03:32:42 PM

2015-09-07

"I have bought several items from MIM and have found it a pleasant experience. I would add that their customer service does seem overwhelmed and confused often, but I have always received my merchandise on time and in good condition. It would be good if more expensive items came with free shipping like other stores like this often do."

This review was modified by Sprockateer on September 07 2015 01:52:30 PM

2014-11-23

"Monsters in Motion has terrible customer service and terrible business ethics. I purchased a $240.00 Nautilus sub model which they were happy to take my money. FedEd just dropped the thing at my door and left it. This was their response when I complained,

From me:
Tracking Number 61292700125720661813

Their reply:

They refuse to do anything. There is a Better Business Bureau complaint on file;
Complaint ID: 10305846 Complaint Type: Business Complaint Date Filed: 11/13/2014 5:49 AM
Dispute Center: BBB of San Diego (San Diego, CA)
4747 Viewridge Ave Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92123
Email:
Web: www.sandiego.bbb.org

I ordered an item from Monsters in Motion, paid over 240.00 for it. I was notified by tracking number the item was delivered by FedEx. I informed Monsters in Motion I did not receive the item. These are the actual emails; #1 Sent by me - This order not received. According to FedEx package was left at 4:45PM. I live in an apartment. I did not arrive home until 10:00 PM - no package. There is a sign on my door not to leave packages as my door is visible from the street and the morons keep leaving packages. Please re-send and do not ship FedEx any future orders unless they get it together. Note: They left a package friday from Seventh Avenue the same way, that time I found it at about 9:00PM. Tracking Number 61292700125720661813
#2 Their Reply - You will need to contact the US post office regarding this issue. This was delivered by the us post office with fedex Smart post and we show it was delivered, so there is not much we can do from our end. MIM #3 From me - This item was not received by me even though FedEx claims it was delivered. If it was left at my door it was taken. I have a sign on my door NOT to leave packages and have for years even though FedEx continues to leave packages. #4 Their Reply - Hello Mr ___ I am sorry that you have not received your item. You did not post in comments when you placed the order to not have the package left at the door or with a signature required. So we have fulfilled our part which was to deliver the package to the address you provided. Whether or not a postal employee did not follow instructions for delivery left on your door is out of our control. Your dispute is with your local post office. Not with us. If we can help you please let us know. - Monsters In Motiion, November 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM So they are claiming unless I specifically say not to leave a package they can dump it anywhere? This is not right, unethical and I have NEVER heard of a business with this kind of attitude.

This review was modified by atchman007 on November 23 2014 04:36:23 AM

2011-10-06

"I've recently had my first experience with Monsters in Motion and need to alert people to the quality and service I received in my purchase of a 280.00 Dark Knight cowl. I purchased the cowl after looking at the ad on their page for a long long time. It is advertised as "Flawless and Glass Smooth" and is ANYTHING but flawless OR glass smooth. Below is my email to them after I got the cowl. It sums things up pretty well. However, there's more to say about what happened after this email. I called several times and left several voice mails. Not one of them was returned. I finally sppoke to a guy there named "Terry" who gave me the RMA to send the cowl back, and said "well, we've never had a complaint before". These cowls are made by Allan at the Bronze Armory, an Ebay store. I had contacted him too about this. He was very forth coming, but since I didn't purchase from him, he was not going to help me too much. A few words of his which were troublesome were that MY expectations of this product were too high - realize that the MIM ad said "Flawless and glass smooth". My expectations were set my these words, thus, MY expectations were NOT "too high". This cowl is a mess actually. The good side of MIM is that they offered a refund. I told them I didn't want a refund, but a cowl in good condition, as advertised. I sent the cowl back. Jamie, a helpful customer service person said she certainly saw my issues when the cowl arrived. Said she'd try to make things right, and I got an email with new tracking information showing something was coming back to me. Turns out, it's the same cowl. I guess I'm deserving of it because I said even if I had no other choice but to accept the same botched and poor pull from the mold that I got, the that would be OK. In hindsight, I think I should have just taken the refund. So, be very careful when dealing with Monsters In Motion. You could be paying a ton of money for something which is FAR from what is advertised.

The text below is a copy of an email conversation I had with MIM and myself both before the purchase and afterward. Please note; I’m shipping back the cowl as requested using RMA# 1673, as per Terry’s instructions. The pink bubble wrap was used by me to try to protect it on its way back to you from further damage. The air filled wrap it came in is enclosed, but had been popped to keep space down in the garbage. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and I look forward to a flawless, and glass smooth cowl.

Hello,

My order number is 108889A.

I received the cowl yesterday, and was filled with happiness until I began to examine it carefully.

Though the cowl is a beautiful representation, and one I've been looking for, for a long time, this product is as far from "flawless" as can be. It is NOT as described on your site. Below is the copy form the description on the site;

"flawless Hollywood quality bat armour. This is the one everyone has been asking for. This full scale screen accurate cowl is finely crafted by professional make-up special effects artists. Cast in silicone molds with high quality flexible urethane. There is never any distortion, blemishes or rough uneven surfaces. Each cowl is as smooth as glass. Pigmented with the color so it will never fade. Comes with full color 8” x 11” COA"

Defects are as follows;

1) Many,many,many,many tiny burst air bubbles all over the cowl. Readily seen when viewing the cowl in the light.

2) small, burst air bubbles on the forehead (between the eye holes above the brow) on the tip of the nose, on the chin and on the left cheek area.

3) a long seam on the back of the head. I get it that it's a mold. . . but this is really visible

4) discoloration on the forehead, above the brows. Once it's seen, it's very noticeable. It's lighter black than the rest of the cowl

5) lot's of urethane under the chin area, against where the physical chin goes.

6) poor cutting out of all openings. Considerable trimming would need to be done further.

7) nostrils are not cut out

8) packaging was very poor. It was placed in a used plastic bag (perhaps where the gold flakes all over the cowl came from?) and put into a box with very little air fill packaging was put around it. When it got to me, the ears were crushed. Speaking of the ears, they're not as sturdy as represented in the blurb on the site.

9) 2 inch long "drip" on the front of the right ear.

This is a big deal considering it was advertised as "flawless" and "glass smooth". It's far from either. It's a VERY expensive item and for almost 300.00 it BETTER come to me as advertised. If I had spent 100.00 on it, I would accept it for what it is (a knockoff of a cowl), but for this money we've now got a really big problem between us.

What now? I see three options. 1) Have them build me another one, as advertised, glass smooth and flawless. Built and shipped in a very very short amount of time.
2) refund at least 195.00 from the purchase price, and I keep what I've got. Or 3) I ship it back to you for a full refund.

Disappointedly -

Christopher Plyem

Share Monsters In Motion's store rating

Monsters In Motion is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Monsters In Motion is not a merchant member
Monsters In Motion does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!