"I've recently had my first experience with Monsters in Motion and need to alert people to the quality and service I received in my purchase of a 280.00 Dark Knight cowl. I purchased the cowl after looking at the ad on their page for a long long time. It is advertised as "Flawless and Glass Smooth" and is ANYTHING but flawless OR glass smooth. Below is my email to them after I got the cowl. It sums things up pretty well. However, there's more to say about what happened after this email. I called several times and left several voice mails. Not one of them was returned. I finally sppoke to a guy there named "Terry" who gave me the RMA to send the cowl back, and said "well, we've never had a complaint before". These cowls are made by Allan at the Bronze Armory, an Ebay store. I had contacted him too about this. He was very forth coming, but since I didn't purchase from him, he was not going to help me too much. A few words of his which were troublesome were that MY expectations of this product were too high - realize that the MIM ad said "Flawless and glass smooth". My expectations were set my these words, thus, MY expectations were NOT "too high". This cowl is a mess actually. The good side of MIM is that they offered a refund. I told them I didn't want a refund, but a cowl in good condition, as advertised. I sent the cowl back. Jamie, a helpful customer service person said she certainly saw my issues when the cowl arrived. Said she'd try to make things right, and I got an email with new tracking information showing something was coming back to me. Turns out, it's the same cowl. I guess I'm deserving of it because I said even if I had no other choice but to accept the same botched and poor pull from the mold that I got, the that would be OK. In hindsight, I think I should have just taken the refund. So, be very careful when dealing with Monsters In Motion. You could be paying a ton of money for something which is FAR from what is advertised.

The text below is a copy of an email conversation I had with MIM and myself both before the purchase and afterward. Please note; I’m shipping back the cowl as requested using RMA# 1673, as per Terry’s instructions. The pink bubble wrap was used by me to try to protect it on its way back to you from further damage. The air filled wrap it came in is enclosed, but had been popped to keep space down in the garbage. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter, and I look forward to a flawless, and glass smooth cowl.

Hello,

My order number is 108889A.

I received the cowl yesterday, and was filled with happiness until I began to examine it carefully.

Though the cowl is a beautiful representation, and one I've been looking for, for a long time, this product is as far from "flawless" as can be. It is NOT as described on your site. Below is the copy form the description on the site;

"flawless Hollywood quality bat armour. This is the one everyone has been asking for. This full scale screen accurate cowl is finely crafted by professional make-up special effects artists. Cast in silicone molds with high quality flexible urethane. There is never any distortion, blemishes or rough uneven surfaces. Each cowl is as smooth as glass. Pigmented with the color so it will never fade. Comes with full color 8” x 11” COA"

Defects are as follows;

1) Many,many,many,many tiny burst air bubbles all over the cowl. Readily seen when viewing the cowl in the light.

2) small, burst air bubbles on the forehead (between the eye holes above the brow) on the tip of the nose, on the chin and on the left cheek area.

3) a long seam on the back of the head. I get it that it's a mold. . . but this is really visible

4) discoloration on the forehead, above the brows. Once it's seen, it's very noticeable. It's lighter black than the rest of the cowl

5) lot's of urethane under the chin area, against where the physical chin goes.

6) poor cutting out of all openings. Considerable trimming would need to be done further.

7) nostrils are not cut out

8) packaging was very poor. It was placed in a used plastic bag (perhaps where the gold flakes all over the cowl came from?) and put into a box with very little air fill packaging was put around it. When it got to me, the ears were crushed. Speaking of the ears, they're not as sturdy as represented in the blurb on the site.

9) 2 inch long "drip" on the front of the right ear.

This is a big deal considering it was advertised as "flawless" and "glass smooth". It's far from either. It's a VERY expensive item and for almost 300.00 it BETTER come to me as advertised. If I had spent 100.00 on it, I would accept it for what it is (a knockoff of a cowl), but for this money we've now got a really big problem between us.

What now? I see three options. 1) Have them build me another one, as advertised, glass smooth and flawless. Built and shipped in a very very short amount of time.
2) refund at least 195.00 from the purchase price, and I keep what I've got. Or 3) I ship it back to you for a full refund.

Disappointedly -

Christopher Plyem

Monsters In Motion is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Monsters In Motion is not a merchant member
Monsters In Motion does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!