• Address: 6020 Progressive Ave #100

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Let me just say that you might as well take some cash, shred it, and then flush it down the toilet if you're thinking of shopping at Moddeals.

Well, no. That's not entirely accurate. Their items are obviously cheap, and while some of them reflect this price in the tackiness of their design and the poor quality of the materials used, some are passable. So at least you'd have some clothes (of questionable quality) as opposed to nothing at all.

I ordered two dresses, a pair of leggings, yoga pants, and a bottle of nail polish. One of the dresses looked rather tacky online but decent on me. The other one looked rather nice online and extremely tacky on me. Neither of them fit all that well. The leggings were practically falling apart. The yoga pants were weirdly long. The nail polish was okay, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a well-done fake OPI.

I debated whether or not I should return my items for a while, since I really hate paying shipping and paying return shipping on top of that seemed too odious to even contemplate. But eventually, I gave in and decided to get at least some of my money back. So I returned them, but it has been over two months, and I have not been refunded.

Naturally, I emailed them. The first reply told me that my refund hadn't been processed because it had been over 90 days and my bank wouldn't accept it. WTF???? So if I hadn't emailed them, they would just have kept their items and kept my money and said nothing at all. She did offer me a gift card.

I didn't really want a gift card at this shady store, so I asked for a check instead. I didn't receive a response, so I emailed again, asking for a check. Finally, I got a response. But from someone else! Someone who informed me that my card would be refunded and that if I would prefer store credit to mark that on my return form. Um....I didn't freaking ask if I could get a gift card and I also made it clear that I had already returned my items...so, fail on their part. Again.

So I explained my situation to Idiot #2 and asked for my refund. She then emailed me saying that she had looked into the system and that I had already been refunded. Funny, given how Idiot #1 told me I hadn't been. Also funny given that I checked all of my statements during that time period and I hadn't been refunded.

I conveyed this to Idiot #2, who unsurprisingly gave me a semi-automated message where she basically regurgitated what Idiot #1 had told me, which was that it had been over 90 days so the refund didn't go through to my bank. She, too, offered me a gift card, or the option of a check, which would take up to 30-60 days for approval before processing. That time period is quite frankly ridiculous.

I emailed Idiot #2 back asking if I could maybe get a free shipping code with my gift card (since I didn't want to want 30-60 days and I didn't want to pay shipping again), and she emailed me back one line "What will be the billing address?" So she just completely ignored my question. Whether she found it a reasonable request or not, it wouldn't have been fucking hard for her to respond to it.

Oh, and all of their messages include a link to Nice Reply, whatever that is, asking me to rate their messages. Surprise surprise, it leads nowhere, probably because they don't actually want to be rated on their crappy customer service.

TL;DR Moddeals is a store that sells really low quality clothing for cheap. You're better off buying from Forever 21 or H&M. Their customer service is actual shit, and it is debatable whether or not you will ever get your money back if you attempt to return your low quality items. Run in the opposite direction.

modified review This review was modified by dressaholic on December 09 2014 03:55:21 PM

"I love this store, have never had any problems with them and have found their items to be more then I expected.
I needed a work wardrobe fast and put it together here for a very low budget. I am super happy with them and hope that all my future orders come as quickly as the last three and are just as beautiful. I am sure there are mistakes made, but from the SOO many items I have bought, I have never had any trouble. Worth it, great clothing website!!!!

modified review This review was modified by jillys on November 21 2014 05:33:48 PM

"I had heard of moddeals and read amazing reviews online. I wanted to give it a try so I purchased two Blazers and a simple purse. Everything looked very trendy and I was excited for my purchase. The shipping was rather quickly except that when I got the 2 Blazers one of them fit me extremely big, althought it was the same size as the other one. Also the purse's zipper stopped working within a day!!! I tried contacting them to see if I could return the oversized blazer for a smaller size and return the faulty purse. They responded and said they they couldn't do anything about it because the items "had been used" and instead gave me a 10% coupon!!!! Like I would shop there again!! I wasn't expecting high quality items but I was expecting some type of satisfaction that was not at all met!! I really regret spending money on the website, but I guess I should've known better. "

modified review This review was modified by Jocelyn9 on October 27 2014 07:33:23 PM

gvm's Avatar
gvm

"Got a defective item. After like 10 emails never got a reply from them. Worst ever customer service. "

"I love this site. Great deals, super fast shipping and they always put a little something extra in the package. The clothes are affordable but wearable. I have placed 4-5 orders now and I've yet to be disappointed. "

"bunch of Imbeciles, poor customer services"

"I ordered over $300 worth of merchandise from this store ranging from dresses, tops, jewelry, and shoes. AND I had never ordered from them before ! (courageous i know)anyway i got everything all at once and earlier than I even expected ! The prices were so cheap i was worried about cheap material but everything is beautifully made and exactly what i wanted. I love love love them !!"

modified review This review was modified by morganpea on April 08 2014 06:12:35 PM

"LURVE this online site. Esp for really great chic and inexpensive jewelry!"

"I Ordered My Items On November 21st Its December 2nd And My Items Are STILL NOT Here...Great Prices...HORRIBLE Shipping And Customer Service I Emailed Twice Still No Response.! This is all bad"

modified review This review was modified by Jsmith12345 on December 02 2013 10:18:56 AM

"Awesome product, true to size, fast shipping and great prices."

"My experience with moddeals was awesome.I ordered from Nigeria to be delivered in Houston.it was not stressful at all.Nice work"

"The items were great and just what i expected!"

"The Shoes were not what I had expected the zipper portion did not open to a pocket as I anticipated. When attempting to open the zippered portion the shoe was very thin in the back. I am glad I only pruchasede one pair!!1"

"..i ordered bags.. they came from a box so theyr all flat and i have to put crumpled papers inside so that itl be back to its shape..but everything was good..delivery was on time..and price was great...il definitely order again next time."

modified review This review was modified by rani218 on September 08 2013 08:45:08 AM

"It was great. Item as described, and arrived quickly. No effort at all. Thanks!"

Moddeals.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Moddeals.com is not a merchant member
Moddeals.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!