• ModCloth

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10

2015-07-14

"Unless you want to over pay for items that run too small when listed "true to size" and then pay MORE for return shipping.... I suggest staying away from ModCloth.

The only thing they have going for them is their customer service is polite and helpful when inquiring about orders."

This review was modified by seaworship on July 14 2015 02:00:16 PM

2015-06-22

"I ordered a dress on Modcloth 10 days before I knew I would want to wear it. I paid $8 shipping, which said 2-5 business days for shipping. What Modcloth did not state next to that is that it can take up to a week just for them to process your order before it ships. It is now day 8 and my order has not even processed and left their warehouse. I told them to go ahead and cancel it, but the said they cannot do that after 60 minutes after the order is placed. Therefore, I have to now return it, if and whenever it arrives, because my family photos will be long over."

This review was modified by Kathart06 on June 22 2015 06:31:48 AM

2015-05-25

"I ordered the Falling in Puppy Love tunic. It ran small, so I am returning it. I paid $4 shipping, plus $39.99 for the tunic. Now it is 5.99 to return it. $10 to try on a shirt that is probably worth $10, so they are making money without having to sell anything. Learned a lesson here where most will do free shipping."

This review was modified by luciearl on May 25 2015 12:28:45 PM

2015-05-21

"I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Modcloth. In fact, i rarely order elsewhere now. The items may be priced a tad bit high but the service quality more than makes up for it. I have made probably 50 orders, and returned a number of things. Never anything bad, but just after trying I discovered something wasn't right for me. In fact, the two times (in so many orders) there were defects CS resolved it promptly with no effort on my part. I have chatted with CS many, many times as well. I frequently have questions regarding items and returns and they are 95% extremely kind and helpful. I have had a few that were, less than enthusiastic, but never really BAD. Love the company, love the service, love the products. New items released same time daily, which is convenient if you are awaiting a highly anticipated "coming soon" item! Only complaints: Return shipping not free unless you want store credit (which I often do). Also, fewer coupon codes. Unidays no longer offers limitless 10% off codes (and used to be 15%), So that sucks pretty hard. Overall I don't mind paying a bit extra just because I am enamored with the overarching experience and service I have received. In a couple instances, agents or stylists did MORE than I requested (in terms of finding an item, or offering a discount for a minor issue). I have have had next to no shipping issues, everything comes quickly. Returns are taking a bit longer to process lately but it's not a big deal. Unless something catastrophically changes (I fear the free shipping minimum will go up - it's at $50 now which is easy enough to meet) I will continue to be a loyal and enthusiastic customer for years to come."

This review was modified by TheBlueSwan on May 21 2015 04:48:53 PM

2015-05-19

"I am so happy with this company! I returned some shoes I loved but didn't fit my swollen feet. I just called to ask if they had received it yet and she let me know it was on its way. She also said that she would not charge the $5.99 shipping fee since I used their labels because it's my first time returning something. I was also past the 30 days (which I didn't know was from when the item shipped) but she would make sure I get a full refund since it was my first time. I am so happy and so pleased that she went out of her way to make sure I was taken care of without me even asking. I will definitely be a return customer with them!!!"

This review was modified by Kaywolf on May 19 2015 12:47:31 PM

2015-02-25

"I wanted to express how deeply disappointed I have been with ModCloth. My daughter and I have been loyal customers for years and have fell in love with what this company has to offer. Unfortunately after this recent interaction with Modcloth, I was left exhausted with the non-sense and in disbelief that a company’s “Customer Care” would be so, well, careless. After many phone calls, and even speaking with a manager, the situation is still not resolved. Over Christmas break I order several items from ModCloth, along with a couple of items from Urban Outfitters. Both of which were not cheap. One of ModCloth's dresses did not fit my daughter, so she wanted to exchange it for another. Likewise, one of the purses she wanted from UO was not what she was hoping, and decided to send the product back. Being a busy mom in the midst of the holiday season, I made a mistake and sent the wrong items to the wrong companies. The purse went to ModCloth and the dress went to OU. I take full blame for that. Thankfully, about a week later (late December), I get a call from Urban making me aware of my mistake. They were SO NICE! They said it is a common mistake, sent the package directly back to me, and said I had until the END of February to return the purse. That should leave me with more than enough time, right? I immediately called ModCloth and told them about the mistake. They said they couldn’t find the package, but would let me know when they did. Well, after waiting for a while with no response, I call back. They did in fact receive the package and were going to send it back. Praise the Lord! But, after waiting….and waiting….and waiting, still no package. I call AGAIN asking to speak to a higher authority. Finally getting in touch with a manager, she tells me the package is now missing, or if you ask me, stolen. Why wouldn’t someone want to take a cute purse, that isn’t even reflected on their inventory? Their product is returned. The manager proceeds to tell me there is nothing she can do. She says that customers make this mistake more often than I would think and she apologized for the lost package. She used being a “small company” as an excuse for the loss, when I would think that just means packages are that much easier to keep track of. She also suggests I call Urban Outfitters and ask if they can give me some store credit! I actually laughed at this one. Why the heck would UO do that? Even though it was my mistake, they handled the situation with grace, so the problem could get resolved. They did their part and the err is not on their end. ModCloth has so much to offer, but unfortunately, service sometimes speaks louder than the product. After reading several customer review sites, I guess I’m not surprised. It sounds like there is a management problem. Owning a company of my own, I know that sometimes you run into difficult situations. Over the years I’ve learned that bending over backwards for a customer (which isn’t always the most enjoyable) is sometimes worth the immediate loss, because it results in way more business in the future. Word of mouth is one of the most powerful marketing tools and I can guarantee I won’t be spreading positive feedback about ModCloth any longer. "

This review was modified by pnb12 on February 25 2015 08:46:57 AM

Philadelphia, PA, USA
2015-01-06

"I've been shopping at ModCloth for a while, and I always receive compliments on my unique clothing and shoes that I have purchased through the site. There is something for everyone here, including a vast array of sizes. I've been happy with most of the items I have ordered, though a few have been quite pricey (I do like their sales, though) for the quality. I discovered a few brands I love and know the quality will be excellent, but among the fails have been a really adorable Bea and Dot retro-record print dress that shrunk at least two sizes when I washed it (in cold water and hung to dry) and another dress that fell apart after about two months of sporadic wear (maybe I wore it twice). Also, I had to replace the buckles on a pair of shoes after the second wear, and that cost me about $30 at the shoemaker, so...I was sad about that, but the shoes are cute and have held up well, so it was worth it in the end.
But overall, I have been very happy with the experience-- great variety and fun, unique clothing. I'm waiting on a shipment of a few dresses I bought during the "sale on sale" event, so hopefully, they will be as amazing as I expect them to be! "

2014-12-31

"Modcloth sent me a discount code for an additional 20% off sale items a mere TWO DAYS after I made my purchase and they wouldn't give me a price adjustment. Every other online retailer that I deal with gives price adjustments in this same scenario. "

This review was modified by wwestcoas12345 on December 31 2014 01:03:52 PM

2014-12-31

"Wow! I have shopped at ModCloth for almost 3 years now, and I can say mostly great things about the site. I've found great vintage-looking pieces and also a lot of other fun things from this site. Their dresses are adorable in my opinion. Some of their products can be expensive though, but their quality is usually great. Please keep in mind that most reviews are negative because the people who are upset are more likely to leave a review than someone who is already satisfied. "

2014-12-29

"I can comment only on their shipping and their customer service at this point - because I have not yet received my order. I was ordered more than a week ago and it is still pending. First I was told that they could not find a piece and it was held up for that, then I was told that I changed the delivery address and it was held up for that. Then I was told that it would be delivered Fedex overnight, needless to say that never happened and it is now 6 days later and it is still pending. Overtime you call or chat, you get a different answer, and they are ALL LIES. If I ever receive this crap, you can believe that even if it is the best clothing ever, I will NEVER order again!!! Save your time and your sanity and DON'T BOTHER"

This review was modified by bonnie1235 on December 29 2014 01:38:43 PM

2014-12-18

"Ordered multiple items on three seperate rate occasions. Delivery time is misleading and each shipment was delayed. Items purchased were increadingly disappointing. Cheap material and poor craftsmanship. Don't waste your time or money. "

2014-11-30

"I shop here at least every few months. Rarely have I been disappointed with the quality of the merchandise or the customer support. Usually they have a sale going every few months, and the reviews on each item are so extensive that I find it easy to avoid purchasing items that will likely disappoint, so I rarely have to return things. When I do, I find the process easy."

2014-11-26

"Product price is high but quality is ok. shipping is ok."

2014-11-25

"I contacted customer care three times about an order because I was afraid the stylish surprise would be oversold and look at that, it was. It also took them 4 business days to tell me that, when the 2nd time I contacted customer service, the woman told me my items were ALL accounted for and ready to ship--which was FALSE. I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I am because this has happened to me so many times when shopping at ModCloth. I've been a customer for over 8 years now and it's absurd that in EIGHT YEARS they still have not been able to fix the problem of overselling items. I am so furious. I don't care that I was refunded, I want to receive the items that I was confirmed to have ordered. And now I will have to wait another six months or however long for it to come back, and I'm sure this will happen then as well. On top of this entire fiasco, they send me 10% off, which is basically a slap in the face. Unidays gives me 15% off my ModCloth order every time! I won't even use the 10% because it is essentially worthless. If I buy something for $50, I get $5 off, wow. I don't want a coupon, I want the items I ordered. $5 is not nearly worth the inconvenience and annoyance I have endured with this order.

I'm getting to the point with ModCloth where it's such a frustrating experience that it's not even worth the clothes. Half the time I don't end up getting them anyway. "

2014-11-20

"Like the last reviewer, I'm really surprised at the bad ratings. Almost makes me suspect a smear campaign or something. I've ordered lots of stuff from modcloth and (while most of their hemlines are too short for the office) I LOVE their clothes for parties and casual wear. I've ordered from them a bunch of times, and only ever had one package delayed. I wear a different size top than bottom, so sometimes dresses fit me weirdly and I need to send them back. I've never had a problem with returns and they've always been very helpful. *shrug* I think they're a great store with great customer service."

Share ModCloth's store rating

ModCloth is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ModCloth is not a merchant member
ModCloth does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!