Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10

"great
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very good

modified review This review was modified by janiceangel on January 27 2015 06:00:44 PM

Philadelphia, PA, USA

"I've been shopping at ModCloth for a while, and I always receive compliments on my unique clothing and shoes that I have purchased through the site. There is something for everyone here, including a vast array of sizes. I've been happy with most of the items I have ordered, though a few have been quite pricey (I do like their sales, though) for the quality. I discovered a few brands I love and know the quality will be excellent, but among the fails have been a really adorable Bea and Dot retro-record print dress that shrunk at least two sizes when I washed it (in cold water and hung to dry) and another dress that fell apart after about two months of sporadic wear (maybe I wore it twice). Also, I had to replace the buckles on a pair of shoes after the second wear, and that cost me about $30 at the shoemaker, so...I was sad about that, but the shoes are cute and have held up well, so it was worth it in the end.
But overall, I have been very happy with the experience-- great variety and fun, unique clothing. I'm waiting on a shipment of a few dresses I bought during the "sale on sale" event, so hopefully, they will be as amazing as I expect them to be!

"Modcloth sent me a discount code for an additional 20% off sale items a mere TWO DAYS after I made my purchase and they wouldn't give me a price adjustment. Every other online retailer that I deal with gives price adjustments in this same scenario. "

modified review This review was modified by wwestcoas12345 on December 31 2014 01:03:52 PM

"Wow! I have shopped at ModCloth for almost 3 years now, and I can say mostly great things about the site. I've found great vintage-looking pieces and also a lot of other fun things from this site. Their dresses are adorable in my opinion. Some of their products can be expensive though, but their quality is usually great. Please keep in mind that most reviews are negative because the people who are upset are more likely to leave a review than someone who is already satisfied. "

"I can comment only on their shipping and their customer service at this point - because I have not yet received my order. I was ordered more than a week ago and it is still pending. First I was told that they could not find a piece and it was held up for that, then I was told that I changed the delivery address and it was held up for that. Then I was told that it would be delivered Fedex overnight, needless to say that never happened and it is now 6 days later and it is still pending. Overtime you call or chat, you get a different answer, and they are ALL LIES. If I ever receive this crap, you can believe that even if it is the best clothing ever, I will NEVER order again!!! Save your time and your sanity and DON'T BOTHER"

modified review This review was modified by bonnie1235 on December 29 2014 01:38:43 PM

"Ordered multiple items on three seperate rate occasions. Delivery time is misleading and each shipment was delayed. Items purchased were increadingly disappointing. Cheap material and poor craftsmanship. Don't waste your time or money. "

"I shop here at least every few months. Rarely have I been disappointed with the quality of the merchandise or the customer support. Usually they have a sale going every few months, and the reviews on each item are so extensive that I find it easy to avoid purchasing items that will likely disappoint, so I rarely have to return things. When I do, I find the process easy."

"Product price is high but quality is ok. shipping is ok."

"I contacted customer care three times about an order because I was afraid the stylish surprise would be oversold and look at that, it was. It also took them 4 business days to tell me that, when the 2nd time I contacted customer service, the woman told me my items were ALL accounted for and ready to ship--which was FALSE. I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I am because this has happened to me so many times when shopping at ModCloth. I've been a customer for over 8 years now and it's absurd that in EIGHT YEARS they still have not been able to fix the problem of overselling items. I am so furious. I don't care that I was refunded, I want to receive the items that I was confirmed to have ordered. And now I will have to wait another six months or however long for it to come back, and I'm sure this will happen then as well. On top of this entire fiasco, they send me 10% off, which is basically a slap in the face. Unidays gives me 15% off my ModCloth order every time! I won't even use the 10% because it is essentially worthless. If I buy something for $50, I get $5 off, wow. I don't want a coupon, I want the items I ordered. $5 is not nearly worth the inconvenience and annoyance I have endured with this order.

I'm getting to the point with ModCloth where it's such a frustrating experience that it's not even worth the clothes. Half the time I don't end up getting them anyway.

"Like the last reviewer, I'm really surprised at the bad ratings. Almost makes me suspect a smear campaign or something. I've ordered lots of stuff from modcloth and (while most of their hemlines are too short for the office) I LOVE their clothes for parties and casual wear. I've ordered from them a bunch of times, and only ever had one package delayed. I wear a different size top than bottom, so sometimes dresses fit me weirdly and I need to send them back. I've never had a problem with returns and they've always been very helpful. *shrug* I think they're a great store with great customer service."

"I'm really confused about the recent awful reviews of Modcloth on this website, because I've never had a bad experience with them! I've made ten orders with Modcloth over the past few years and I've never been dissatisfied with the service or the products. My clothes have ALWAYS arrived at least a day before the scheduled shipping time, my card has been charged right away, and my order has never processed for longer than two days. Yeah, the clothes are expensive, and the sizing isn't always spot-on, but I love modcloth."

modified review This review was modified by lunatunarox on November 17 2014 09:08:54 PM

"This is the worst company I've ever ordered from. It's such a shame because the website has such cute clothes but when I made my order, it took over 2 1/2 weeks to receive it. The website asks for "1-3 business days" to process an order but it wasn't until the 6th day until it was finally processed and sent out. I didn't receive my package until 18 days after I made the purchase.

After my first order, I received a nice email from the co founder, Susan Gregg Koger, suggesting that "my happiness is really important to her" so when I sent an email about my frustration, I never received a reply back.

In addition, the company never charged my bank account until a month after I made the initial purchase. This normally wouldn't be such a big deal but I spent over $200 on clothing from this company. That was a giant blow that caused me to mismanage my account.

To make matters worse, when I returned some items, it took 16 days for the package to arrive at their site in Pittsburgh. Once they received the package the company once again asks for 3-5 business to process and it has now been 6 days.

When I contacted a representative to ask when I would receive my money back, I was PROMISED that I would get a confirmation email, but never did. And when I asked her about contacting someone just to share my feedback (because perhaps the owner doesn't know how terrible their service really is), the representative told me I could email support@modcloth.com and direct it to a manager. But I'm still waiting to hear anything.

modified review This review was modified by mcwil019 on October 27 2014 12:24:37 PM

"I am really disappointed with my experience with this website. They have really cute dresses but it's so not worth the hassle.

First of all...they take forever to do anything. I ordered two dresses for two separate weddings a month and a half in advance. It took that whole time for them to get here.

Secondly...I usually wear a med-large in dresses. I checked measurements and "buyers reviews" when I purchased the dresses to make sure they'd fit. Both dresses were labeled as pretty true to size, though a little small here or there. So I ordered a med thinking at the time that with a month in advance I would have enough time to exchange it. When the dresses came in, the mediums were what an extra small would be...and one of the dresses was terrible quality. So I returned one, and exchanged the other for the next size up. I sent them back the same day I got them, knowing i (now) only had two and a half weeks before the wedding. It took another 25 days to get the dresses there...and to get my refund.

THEN. They finally sent the exchange back... surprisingly only took a week to get here. And the dress was way too small around the waist..and too big around the bust. So here I am looking at the dress..and it looks like it was designed to fit the typical "barbie doll" shaped person. News flash, hour glass shape does not mean 5'7", size 4 waist, and DD bust... I just decide to return the dress..but not without a $5 shipping fee for the second return! Which by the way is less than that if I just paid for the return shipping myself.

Whatever... I won't buy from this website again...and if you are shaped like an average woman prepare to do a lot of alterations yourself, or don't bother at all. Plus give yourself more than double the amount of time for shipping.

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. I had ordered the garden gazebo necklace a week prior to when it was out of stock, naive me thinking I was going to actually receive something I had bought online (silly me). I was so excited to receive this unique and cute necklace! But the day that my package arrived, my bracelet and necklace that I ordered were not there. Well, gee golly! Thus, I called the company to discuss my situation. Only to discover the necklace that I ordered was no longer in stock! They offered a refund and to ship my bracelet in express shipping. I dont care about the refund. If I order something I EXPECT to get it. Unprofessional, disappointing, and downright annoying customer service at modcloth. Granted, the people I called were ok, but they only sought out to fix the mistake, not make the customer happy. This company should be ashamed of themselves. I will not be ordering from this site again. Regretting ever ordering from modcloth. "

modified review This review was modified by WritingReview on July 29 2014 12:09:46 PM

"Back in 2013, I placed two orders from ModCloth. Each was processed within 24 hours, and while the quality of the items can be said to be totally lacking, they weren't egregiously expensive. Thus, I wasn't totally turned off and thought it was simply an imperfect major retailer.

In less than one year, everything has worsened in three key ways.

(1) It now takes 3-4 days to even process my order. Then, once processed, it takes 2 days for shipping information to be sent to FedEx (using the not-so "savvy" shipping service). From then it takes 4-9 days to arrive at my home. My items always originate from their Ohio center...strange. I'm STILL wondering where my order is today. Online it says that the estimated arrival is July 23rd (tomorrow), but no shipment updates have been logged since the 18th (when it said it departed some facility in the evening). Additionally, this happened in a previous order, where I received no shipment updates. TWO days after the "estimated" arrival, a whole bunch of updates arrived and suddenly my package was delivered (pushing the 9 day shipment estimate). Then they changed the estimated arrival date to the date of delivery. That's unacceptable!

(2) Pricing has increased, and the noticeable mark-ups from vendor pricing on other sites is insulting. Furthermore, quality has somehow decreased in a year! A skirt I bought in 2013 has lasted a year before faltering structurally (and is still usable). A skirt I purchased two weeks ago is very cute, but is already structurally damaged despite washing it per the instructions (I am deciding whether to make alterations to it). I had no desire to return or complain due to reason number (3).

(3) Customer service seems to no longer be a ModCloth priority (if it ever was). Just read the reviews and you will note how the reputation has declined. Returns are no longer free, exchanges are now known to be shady, and there is no compensation for items decreasing in price after a purchase. Yet free returns, fast exchanges, and compensation for price changes are frankly very commonsense business practices. And at this stage, ModCloth is no longer a quirky, small retailer. With revenues in the millions, and notoriety stemming from their approach, they are in the big leagues. Unfortunately, they cannot seem to play like it. What they have learned is to politely claim that they hear your concerns and that all is okay. But you cannot just talk away these issues. I used the chat service, and asked what was up with the lack of shipment updates and the long wait. The response? "Oh, that's normal." Not even an "I'm sorry your order is delayed." There seems to be a lack of awareness and no understanding of the "customer is always right". Sad.

The Take-Away: All in all, I wouldn't purchase from this store. It will take you ions to receive your item, which will most likely be of poor quality (despite being cute), and it will then take ions to return your item (at your own cost). Wait to buy from them until they understand how to operate professionally and promptly, or allow them to spiral into the abyss and spend your money elsewhere. Seriously, I'm so upset at how awful this company has become I just want to spread to word.

modified review This review was modified by JennyE. on July 22 2014 11:04:28 AM

ModCloth is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ModCloth is not a merchant member
ModCloth does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!