Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.31/10 0.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. I had ordered the garden gazebo necklace a week prior to when it was out of stock, naive me thinking I was going to actually receive something I had bought online (silly me). I was so excited to receive this unique and cute necklace! But the day that my package arrived, my bracelet and necklace that I ordered were not there. Well, gee golly! Thus, I called the company to discuss my situation. Only to discover the necklace that I ordered was no longer in stock! They offered a refund and to ship my bracelet in express shipping. I dont care about the refund. If I order something I EXPECT to get it. Unprofessional, disappointing, and downright annoying customer service at modcloth. Granted, the people I called were ok, but they only sought out to fix the mistake, not make the customer happy. This company should be ashamed of themselves. I will not be ordering from this site again. Regretting ever ordering from modcloth. "

modified review This review was modified by WritingReview on July 29 2014 12:09:46 PM

"Back in 2013, I placed two orders from ModCloth. Each was processed within 24 hours, and while the quality of the items can be said to be totally lacking, they weren't egregiously expensive. Thus, I wasn't totally turned off and thought it was simply an imperfect major retailer.

In less than one year, everything has worsened in three key ways.

(1) It now takes 3-4 days to even process my order. Then, once processed, it takes 2 days for shipping information to be sent to FedEx (using the not-so "savvy" shipping service). From then it takes 4-9 days to arrive at my home. My items always originate from their Ohio center...strange. I'm STILL wondering where my order is today. Online it says that the estimated arrival is July 23rd (tomorrow), but no shipment updates have been logged since the 18th (when it said it departed some facility in the evening). Additionally, this happened in a previous order, where I received no shipment updates. TWO days after the "estimated" arrival, a whole bunch of updates arrived and suddenly my package was delivered (pushing the 9 day shipment estimate). Then they changed the estimated arrival date to the date of delivery. That's unacceptable!

(2) Pricing has increased, and the noticeable mark-ups from vendor pricing on other sites is insulting. Furthermore, quality has somehow decreased in a year! A skirt I bought in 2013 has lasted a year before faltering structurally (and is still usable). A skirt I purchased two weeks ago is very cute, but is already structurally damaged despite washing it per the instructions (I am deciding whether to make alterations to it). I had no desire to return or complain due to reason number (3).

(3) Customer service seems to no longer be a ModCloth priority (if it ever was). Just read the reviews and you will note how the reputation has declined. Returns are no longer free, exchanges are now known to be shady, and there is no compensation for items decreasing in price after a purchase. Yet free returns, fast exchanges, and compensation for price changes are frankly very commonsense business practices. And at this stage, ModCloth is no longer a quirky, small retailer. With revenues in the millions, and notoriety stemming from their approach, they are in the big leagues. Unfortunately, they cannot seem to play like it. What they have learned is to politely claim that they hear your concerns and that all is okay. But you cannot just talk away these issues. I used the chat service, and asked what was up with the lack of shipment updates and the long wait. The response? "Oh, that's normal." Not even an "I'm sorry your order is delayed." There seems to be a lack of awareness and no understanding of the "customer is always right". Sad.

The Take-Away: All in all, I wouldn't purchase from this store. It will take you ions to receive your item, which will most likely be of poor quality (despite being cute), and it will then take ions to return your item (at your own cost). Wait to buy from them until they understand how to operate professionally and promptly, or allow them to spiral into the abyss and spend your money elsewhere. Seriously, I'm so upset at how awful this company has become I just want to spread to word.

modified review This review was modified by JennyE. on July 22 2014 11:04:28 AM

"Horrible experience!!! And they don't care if their dissatisfied customers say so (that's what the customer service person said to me!). Sarcastic customer service, very poorly made products.
I can not say it strongly enough: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! It isn't worth the time, money, energy.

"International Shipping to Canada No Tracking!
After going through quite a few websites i really like 3 dresses fro Modcloth and decided to purchase 3!
One of the them i planned on wearing to my son's wedding. THE GRAND GUEST (special occasion dress) anyway...I checked out their shipping policy and was delighted they offered different shipping speeds to canada...WRONG!
They only offer USPS (7-21 day) which it states that to Canada is normally 7 business days after paying 23.00 for delivery is an outrage.
When I phoned to see if they could help me they were blaming me that since i picked the cheapest delivery option there is nothing they can do. They have no way of tracking your purchase!
So they take my $500.00 and basically dont care where your package is because they have your money and could care less.
If I have to buy another dress after already purchasing 3 for my sons wedding I will be furious.
I've learned my lesson check the reviews on the company
you will be purchasing from online.
Sounds like from other reviews I'll be lucky just to get my dresses and a return will be almost impossible.

modified review This review was modified by hategettingrippedoff on June 29 2014 07:05:40 PM

"This company is infuriating. Every time I buy something that is low in stock, after I complete my purchase I get an email saying the quantity was incorrect in their inventory and that they actually are sold out of the item. The problem is, It says there are still a few left when I place my order! And this has happened MULTIPLE times.

Their shipping facility is lacking as well. When they tell you something will ship to you in a certain amount of time, it never does. I've had to call customer service for my orders with ModCloth so many times that it makes me sick to think about it. They have to be one of the most unorganized clothing companies in the U.S.

modified review This review was modified by NicoleK211 on June 27 2014 06:50:50 AM

"I really cant fathom how this site has so many good reviews.... you pay $100 for a pair of shoes or a purse thats not even leather made out of some disgusting material that smells like plastic, I have ordered 12 different things from shoes, dresses, bags, swimsuits, bras, everything I have ordered has been disappointing except one bra. It takes 2 weeks for anything I order to get here and literally A MONTH to be refunded. Their "details" lie one of my swimsuits said lightly padded, um there wasnt even cups in it like a normal swimsuit it as so cheap and flimsy! Their customer service is absolutely wretched and I am a customer service supervisor. Once I had a $25 off of total order coupon and all swimsuits were on sale %20, note, ALL, and the one I wanted for some reason was the only one not showing up on sale. They offered to give me a %20 off coupon. I said "No, then I cant use my $25 off the swimsuit is supposed to be on sale. Cant you just refund me $13 I would be saving?" They told me they would put in a request about it and were so incredibly rude about it! Your clothes are outrageous already people come on now! I have had nothing but problems with this website. "Free returns" isnt true either! They charge you $6 if you use their shipping label!"

modified review This review was modified by caitlinmarie541 on June 14 2014 08:11:29 AM

"I had been happy with my orders from Modcloth until recently. I placed an order for two dresses. One on 1-15-14 and one on 1-21-14. Neither dress fit properly (their sizing is CRAZY inconsistent). So I used the provide return policy and returned them. I was a bit late sending them (3-17-14) due to surgery BUT well within their 90 return policy for merchandise credit.
Mod cloth is claiming they didn't get them for 121 and 127 days. I don't know what kind of calender they are using but apparently they cannot count.
Initially they said they would do nothing and keep the $139.98 I paid for both dresses. After arguing with them - they agreed to credit HALF in a merchandise credit. I still think this is totally unacceptable. They have BOTH dresses and $69.99 of my money. TOTAL SCAM.

modified review This review was modified by DressAddict on June 02 2014 09:25:02 AM

"It's honestly hit-or-miss. Most of the clothes that are xs/s are not true xs/s. I ended up having to return all the clothes I bought because of their vanity sizing. Would not buy again."

"I believe this website has improved recently. I've ordered several gift items (not clothing) and everything was shipped quickly and correctly. I enjoy browsing the site because it's full of quirky and unusual things. For example: where else can you get a screwdriver in the shape of a narwhal? Also, their shipping boxes are printed with a pretty design that encourages re-use of the box. Clothes are hard to buy even when you're trying them on in person -- try ModCloth for its fun gift items!"

"Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say that ModCloth is a scam and you should not buy from that website.
Some of their products are "imported", and if you do not know what that means, they are probably from "abroad".
This means they are getting their goods from countries such as China, which has a lot of indirect results that I am not going to get into right now.
Either way, do not buy from this website.
Cute stuff though.
Still cheaply made.

modified review This review was modified by JulieLavoie on December 29 2013 02:43:45 AM

"I will never purchase from Modcloth again! I made a purchase in July for a pair of sandals, needless to say someone Stole my CREDIT CARD INFO, and maxed out my card. There were even purchases that were being denied as I was on the phone with my cc fraud dept. BAD EMPLOYEES WITH BAD INTENTIONS. Thank God Capitol One has an excellent fraud detection dept. and are at this time doing an investigation."

modified review This review was modified by Lisamelendez on September 12 2013 06:02:40 PM

"I wear a size 16 but after reading reviews of the horrendous inconsistencies in sizing of plus clothing at ModCloth I ordered 3X items in my recent order. 3X is listed on their site as a size 24-26, and none of the items I received still fit me and were too small. Again, when holding up my skirts - which claimed to be a 3X 24-26 - against my size 16 jeans, the waists were a full 7 inches smaller in the ModCloth skirts than my size 16 jeans. I did check the tags to be sure, and they say 3X, and are even made by different manufacturers. I had the same issue with all the shirts I ordered, and even a men's t-shirt, which was purported to be a XL but when holding it up to a relative's men's M the shirt I got from ModCloth was even more fitted. I do not have enough words for how disappointed I am by this company, how awful their plus clothing is, in addition to the fabric and construction quality nowhere near being worth the value I paid. They claim to have "free returns" on their site now and I am shipping back today, leery of if/when I will see my refund. Also, I am highly suspicious of all these 5 star reviews on the site (by users with only 1 review, even) having seen elsewhere that reviews for ModCloth are generally not so stellar."

modified review This review was modified by swedegirl84 on July 12 2013 04:26:25 AM

"Modcloth has great clothes and great customer service. They have been very helpful every time I've needed to contact them for advice on what size to order or cancelling an order. Each time I've ordered from them, they have given me free hair clips that I love. I do feel some of the dresses were overpriced once I saw their quality. Overall though, my experience with ModCloth has been mostly positive and I would recommend it."

"I am really happy with the service at ModCloth! I had a necklace from ModCloth that was approximately 3 months old, and my toddler broke it. I called to ask them for replacement links so I could fix it, and they sent me a new necklace for free! They definitely went above and beyond."

"I love ModCloth. I've ordered dresses from them 20+ times. I've returned a handful (mostly because they were too small or too short) and it was very easy. I could print my own return label and return form right my laptop & get it back out quickly. I also love that their site has menu items down the side to narrow my searching down. I'm a primary teacher, so short dresses are a no no when little ones are sitting in front of you on the carpet. I learned that I can click "longer lengths" to in the search column so that I don't fall in love with something that is too tiny. "

ModCloth is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ModCloth is not a merchant member
ModCloth does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!