• Rating 7.00/10 170 reviews

ModCloth is not a merchant member
    ModCloth does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • ModCloth contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I believe this website has improved recently. I've ordered several gift items (not clothing) and everything was shipped quickly and correctly. I enjoy browsing the site because it's full of quirky and unusual things. For example: where else can you get a screwdriver in the shape of a narwhal? Also, their shipping boxes are printed with a pretty design that encourages re-use of the box. Clothes are hard to buy even when you're trying them on in person -- try ModCloth for its fun gift items!"

"Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say that ModCloth is a scam and you should not buy from that website.
Some of their products are "imported", and if you do not know what that means, they are probably from "abroad".
This means they are getting their goods from countries such as China, which has a lot of indirect results that I am not going to get into right now.
Either way, do not buy from this website.
Cute stuff though.
Still cheaply made.

modified review This review was modified by JulieLavoie on December 29 2013 02:43:45 AM

"I will never purchase from Modcloth again! I made a purchase in July for a pair of sandals, needless to say someone Stole my CREDIT CARD INFO, and maxed out my card. There were even purchases that were being denied as I was on the phone with my cc fraud dept. BAD EMPLOYEES WITH BAD INTENTIONS. Thank God Capitol One has an excellent fraud detection dept. and are at this time doing an investigation."

modified review This review was modified by Lisamelendez on September 12 2013 06:02:40 PM

"I wear a size 16 but after reading reviews of the horrendous inconsistencies in sizing of plus clothing at ModCloth I ordered 3X items in my recent order. 3X is listed on their site as a size 24-26, and none of the items I received still fit me and were too small. Again, when holding up my skirts - which claimed to be a 3X 24-26 - against my size 16 jeans, the waists were a full 7 inches smaller in the ModCloth skirts than my size 16 jeans. I did check the tags to be sure, and they say 3X, and are even made by different manufacturers. I had the same issue with all the shirts I ordered, and even a men's t-shirt, which was purported to be a XL but when holding it up to a relative's men's M the shirt I got from ModCloth was even more fitted. I do not have enough words for how disappointed I am by this company, how awful their plus clothing is, in addition to the fabric and construction quality nowhere near being worth the value I paid. They claim to have "free returns" on their site now and I am shipping back today, leery of if/when I will see my refund. Also, I am highly suspicious of all these 5 star reviews on the site (by users with only 1 review, even) having seen elsewhere that reviews for ModCloth are generally not so stellar."

modified review This review was modified by swedegirl84 on July 12 2013 04:26:25 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"Modcloth has great clothes and great customer service. They have been very helpful every time I've needed to contact them for advice on what size to order or cancelling an order. Each time I've ordered from them, they have given me free hair clips that I love. I do feel some of the dresses were overpriced once I saw their quality. Overall though, my experience with ModCloth has been mostly positive and I would recommend it."

"I am really happy with the service at ModCloth! I had a necklace from ModCloth that was approximately 3 months old, and my toddler broke it. I called to ask them for replacement links so I could fix it, and they sent me a new necklace for free! They definitely went above and beyond."

"I love ModCloth. I've ordered dresses from them 20+ times. I've returned a handful (mostly because they were too small or too short) and it was very easy. I could print my own return label and return form right my laptop & get it back out quickly. I also love that their site has menu items down the side to narrow my searching down. I'm a primary teacher, so short dresses are a no no when little ones are sitting in front of you on the carpet. I learned that I can click "longer lengths" to in the search column so that I don't fall in love with something that is too tiny. "

"Amazing customer service! I ordered a dress and some earrings from Modcloth, and the package was unfortunately stolen from in front of my door. Grr! But I contacted customer care and they had a replacement out to me within 2 days. And I could not be happier with my merchandise. The dress fits like a dream/is beautiful and the earrings are awesome! And I loved the little bonus gift they threw in, thanks guys! :) I will definitely be shopping with them again in the future."

"I've been buying dresses from ModCloth for a few years now, all with great results. A recent purchase came with a defect, and because my size was sold out, I couldn't exchange it (it'd have to be a return). The defect was easy enough to fix on my own, but I posted a review of the dress to give other shoppers a heads up in case they might have the same issue. Within 1 business day, customer service contacted me with apologies and a partial refund! The email was clearly written for me--not a cookie-cutter response--and was a pleasant surprise! I'll happily continue business with ModCloth for years to come!"

"LOVE Modcloth! I had a winter dance coming up and couldn't seem to find the right dress in stores. Went online to Modcloth -my friend had recommended it- to find plenty of gorgeous, decently priced dresses, and with easy return policies (which was probably the best part)! It is usually such a hassle ordering dresses online; most places make you pay fees to return or can't return at all. With Modcloth, I ordered tons of dresses and multiple sizes, and the return steps are so easy. It makes finding that perfect dress that much simpler! Thanks Modcloth :)"

Rating 8/104/5

"Daughter bought Savoir-Fairy Tale Dress for formal winter event. She loved the dress but was sad to find the top part ran a little large.

Great company and great clothing.

"ModCloth is the most excellent merchant I have ever bought from! Their customer service is outstanding and simply unmatched. I had an item that was not in ideal condition - nothing was wrong about the product but the packaging it was in looked pretty worn down and it was for a gift. They contacted me right away and put a credit of the item's full price into my account and gave me a coupon! They are simply lovely and want to make sure their products meet your needs!"

modified review This review was modified by Sare on January 29 2013 11:17:14 PM

"I cannot speak more highly of ModCloth...beautiful vintage one-of-a-kind clothing, accesories and shoes. If I fall in love with in item but they are out of stock, ModCloth will do their best to bring it back & will inform you immediately if it is. (A button is provided "I Need It!" And they will e-mail you when that item comes back in your size) Their customer service is seriously phenomenal! I ordered some adorable earrings and one little bead was missing, not a huge deal, but that same day I emailed customer service they promptly refunded my money and apologized. Returns are fast & easy, and while browsing there are plenty of customer reviews to read if youre skeptical about an item....while some merchandise is way out of my price range, TONS of items go on sale daily at very reasonable prices. Honestly this site is just the whole package. =) I <3 ModCloth!"

"Not so good. With the endless variability in body types and cuts of clothing, it's pot luck whether an item will fit you properly. Online clothing stores need a good returns/exchanges policy, sadly this one aint so good for international customers."

"I ordered from ModCloth- not for the first time- and was satisfied by their quality and service.
This time I got a defected item and since they didn't have another one to replace it with, they reimbursed my within 24 hours from the moment I sent them an email.
Not to mention that they didn't even ask for the defected item back- which saved me the trouble of mailing it back.
Love their products- LOVE their service!