Stores > ModCloth

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.92/10 2.92/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review ModCloth by clicking a star below.
2017-01-25

You order has shipped...really?

"This was the icing on the cake. I have ordered from them before and have been slightly annoyed by how long it takes to actually get what you order. This recent order was a return for a different size. It was supposed to arrive by 1/20/17, then it was pushed to 1/21/17 coming from Auburn, WA (30 minutes from me). I understand the slight delay because weather coming in was horrible. But, it been "on a truck" coming from 30 minutes away for 4 days. Company said it's weather related. Um, it's been mildly raining and 45-50 degrees. Something's not legit?"

This review was modified by jaimelynnnel on January 25 2017 08:30:02 PM

2017-01-18

Awesome and trustworthy!

"Don't be put off by the other review about not accepting her preferred form of payment. Unfortunate it didn't work out like she'd hoped, but that's being an adult...paying in the way the site accepts payment. I've ordered at least five times over the past few years and have shipped to both USA and Canada. Shipment was always fast and the customer service is LEGIT. I always buy with total confidence. "

This review was modified by Altelle on January 18 2017 08:00:03 PM

2017-01-08

Won't t take your Visa gift card

"They won't accept Visa gift cards and their customer service reps are extremely rude and unhelpful. They kept telling me that the fact that the card was a gift was irrelevant and the problem was easy to solve by purchasing THEIR gift card. Either these reps are complete idiots who don't know how to do their job or extremely rude people who just don't care."

2016-11-12

Horrible Quality

"Everything is from china and the quality proves it. Not worth the cost at all! The pictures of the products are great however, when I ordered my 3 pairs or shoes from them I was extremely disappointed. One of the pairs was on final sale but the quality was so bad (felt like walking on cardboard) that I got them to give me store credit. With that store credit I bought a different pair of shoes that I thought would be better because they looked like cool wooden heals with denim straps but the wood was just paint and the shoes felt hollow. Everything about them just felt wrong."

This review was modified by sasha11111 on November 12 2016 01:09:55 PM

2016-10-29

Poorly made / poorly shipped

"When i spend $130 on a dress I should expect it to arrive in better shape than to be stuffed into a wrinkled plastic bag then tossed on my porch. Honestly the materials on this dress or cheaper than anything I could get a Target! Waste of money and time."

2016-09-20

Concerned about "processing" time, so I made a call....

"After reading all the reviews which slammed Modcloth for having terrible shipping policies, I got nervous that the dress I bought Monday, with the extra 2-5 day shipping option, wouldn't arrive by Friday for a tailgate on Saturday. So I called customer service to find out what my options were. THEY WERE INCREDIBLY HELPFUL AND PATIENT! The representative explained the processing time, told me where I was in their queue, and upgraded my order so I would receive it no later than Friday. She even offered to delay charging me for the extra shipping on the chance my order shipped today, which would negate the need for the expedited shipping. Like one of the reviews below mentioned: this isn't Amazon Prime, so if you need something in 2 days, buy the 2 day shipping. Otherwise, it may take a few extra days to process because they ship out items on a first ordered, first shipped basis. "

This review was modified by WJG1084 on September 21 2016 05:45:12 AM

2016-05-19

the service is SO HORRIBLE that the cute clothes are not at all worth it

"I had an order that was mistakenly returned to sender by the USPS. I had 7 conversations with 7 different representatives, who all gave me misinformation. I never once received any communication directly from them and also never received a single piece of the follow up communication that I was promised multiple times after our conversations. A month and a half later, I still made no headway and continued to be misinformed (at best) or misled (at worst) by their workers. I should've asked for a refund from the get-go. Cute clothes, but by NO MEANS worth the headache, if anything goes wrong."

This review was modified by sarahh183940 on May 19 2016 10:54:09 AM

2016-04-12

Don't shop here

"I ordered a pair of jeans for 50-ish dollars off this website. Shortly after I started wearing them (I mean one wash and about 3 wears) they started breaking down. They weren't by any means overly tight but the but seam started separating and the elastic started fraying. This was around 3 months after I'd received them so they didn't fall within the window of returns and barely within exchanges. They only gave me a credit back because they'd already received them in the mail, and it was for the cost minus return shipping. It shouldn't matter that they'd been worn, washed, or in my possession for almost 3 months, pants SHOULDN'T BREAK DOWN like that, and any company worth their salt would've done something about it. I reached out to customer service twice and they ignored my complaint. They weren't willing to follow-through on quality control. There are plenty of better places to take your business. I won't be buying from them again."

This review was modified by annamarieb89 on April 12 2016 02:24:21 PM

2016-01-08

"Love their quirky clothes, accessories and gifts! Easy to use site, and nicely presented. I'm sad because they just slashed the prices on the tree items I just bought two days ago, so my heart and wallet are hurting right now. :( Modcloth takes a long time to process and ship items. Each time it has taken about two weeks or more to deliver. So if you need it right away, don't bother! If they were more prompt at the processing and shipping of their orders, I would give them five stars! "

2015-08-07

"2nd time this happened, ordered dress on monday paid to get next day to have in time to try on and figure out a plan B if need be. Purchased for a party on saturday (six days later)...it is now 9:30 on Friday night, no dress, no plan b...horrid awful insanely livid. DO NOT TRUST THERE SHIPPING PROMISES. I did contact them on wed in concern that it was still "pending" in status, they assured I'd get it before Friday. they reimburesed the shipping after second complaint tonight, however I am stuck with the dress whenever it comes being a sale item, and have nothing to wear for this big event tomorrow. They lost a valued customer and hit me up if need be to vent your horrid experience and I can share previous one. Lame!!! Danigirlholiday@gmail.com "

This review was modified by daniholody on August 07 2015 09:07:42 PM

2015-07-14

"Unless you want to over pay for items that run too small when listed "true to size" and then pay MORE for return shipping.... I suggest staying away from ModCloth.

The only thing they have going for them is their customer service is polite and helpful when inquiring about orders.

This review was modified by seaworship on July 14 2015 02:00:16 PM

2015-06-22

"I ordered a dress on Modcloth 10 days before I knew I would want to wear it. I paid $8 shipping, which said 2-5 business days for shipping. What Modcloth did not state next to that is that it can take up to a week just for them to process your order before it ships. It is now day 8 and my order has not even processed and left their warehouse. I told them to go ahead and cancel it, but the said they cannot do that after 60 minutes after the order is placed. Therefore, I have to now return it, if and whenever it arrives, because my family photos will be long over."

This review was modified by Kathart06 on June 22 2015 06:31:48 AM

2015-05-25

"I ordered the Falling in Puppy Love tunic. It ran small, so I am returning it. I paid $4 shipping, plus $39.99 for the tunic. Now it is 5.99 to return it. $10 to try on a shirt that is probably worth $10, so they are making money without having to sell anything. Learned a lesson here where most will do free shipping."

This review was modified by luciearl on May 25 2015 12:28:45 PM

2015-05-21

"I have had overwhelmingly positive experiences with Modcloth. In fact, i rarely order elsewhere now. The items may be priced a tad bit high but the service quality more than makes up for it. I have made probably 50 orders, and returned a number of things. Never anything bad, but just after trying I discovered something wasn't right for me. In fact, the two times (in so many orders) there were defects CS resolved it promptly with no effort on my part. I have chatted with CS many, many times as well. I frequently have questions regarding items and returns and they are 95% extremely kind and helpful. I have had a few that were, less than enthusiastic, but never really BAD. Love the company, love the service, love the products. New items released same time daily, which is convenient if you are awaiting a highly anticipated "coming soon" item! Only complaints: Return shipping not free unless you want store credit (which I often do). Also, fewer coupon codes. Unidays no longer offers limitless 10% off codes (and used to be 15%), So that sucks pretty hard. Overall I don't mind paying a bit extra just because I am enamored with the overarching experience and service I have received. In a couple instances, agents or stylists did MORE than I requested (in terms of finding an item, or offering a discount for a minor issue). I have have had next to no shipping issues, everything comes quickly. Returns are taking a bit longer to process lately but it's not a big deal. Unless something catastrophically changes (I fear the free shipping minimum will go up - it's at $50 now which is easy enough to meet) I will continue to be a loyal and enthusiastic customer for years to come."

This review was modified by TheBlueSwan on May 21 2015 04:48:53 PM

2015-05-19

"I am so happy with this company! I returned some shoes I loved but didn't fit my swollen feet. I just called to ask if they had received it yet and she let me know it was on its way. She also said that she would not charge the $5.99 shipping fee since I used their labels because it's my first time returning something. I was also past the 30 days (which I didn't know was from when the item shipped) but she would make sure I get a full refund since it was my first time. I am so happy and so pleased that she went out of her way to make sure I was taken care of without me even asking. I will definitely be a return customer with them!!!"

This review was modified by Kaywolf on May 19 2015 12:47:31 PM

Share ModCloth's store rating

ModCloth is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

ModCloth is not a merchant member
ModCloth does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!