• MobileCityOnlin

"Bought an Xperia z Ultra from this store (in person). Only to have problems with its charging and connectivity to the computer. I am an Android developer so connectivity to the computer is crucial for my development. Called Sony to send the phone back for warranty repair (Since I had the phone for a little over a month) and found out that the phone was not in warranty in this country. When I called mobile city online I was told that in very fine print on their website product page it states that the phone doesn't carry a warranty. HOW SHADY!!! Take it that I went in and bought the phone in person, how would I know this if they never mentioned or I asked beforehand...? Who buys a phone expecting it to crap out shortly after...?

!!!BUYERS BEWARE!!!

This review was modified by GordonFishSticks on August 26 2014 01:00:38 AM

"Purchased products at the store several times with no issues. They have a huge selection items and have better prices than most places. Employees are friendly and easy to work with. Needed to return an item once and had no problems."

This review was modified by rbzgolf on January 30 2013 12:16:39 PM

"Ordered twice from this merchant through Amazon. Got what I order the first time, confident what I ordered the second time will show up as promised. However, first time I ordered the next day received a call from someone claiming to be UPS with my package. Called the number back (876) 503-3098. ( call this number if you don't believe me, just simple say you got a message about your package, they will take it from there) They wanted my cc number and money to deliver package. After a few min. seemed like they where just trying to keep me on the phone. I was right, turned out to be a phone scam from Jamaica and $25 charge on my cell phone bill. Thought this was just some strange coincident. Ordered from them again yesterday, this evening got a phone call same as above, missed call so I dialed it back, same people. Doubt the vendor is involved but I suspect someone in their shipping department is grabbing phone numbers off their shipping invoices and forwarding them to their partners in crime in Jamaica. Has anyone else had this problem? I rate them poorly for not protecting customer information, will never do business with them again. Also will be following up with Amazon, the phone company and possibly authorities if they are interested."

This review was modified by caseyt123 on October 17 2012 07:10:09 PM

"I bought a phone from their store in NYC.
I couldn't use the phone. The signal is poor and poorer when you hold the phone in your hands. (BLUE DECO PRO)
I only tested calling myself and the sound quality is awful.
This is a garbage phone.. I'll never buy from this manufacturer again.
When I was at the store he never mentioned a stocking fee. I'm buying from the store! The person in the store OPENED the box not me.
No doubt that they have the worst customer service and bad phones too!
I'm willing to go all the way with my claim.. The New York State consumer division, ripoff, bbb all will hear from me.

"5 Stars, Best price ($380 total, exact same phone in BestB is $520 +tax) , fast shipping (3 days to WA), Product was 100% brand new (all seals, decals where perfect).

I bought the Nexus S 9020T. No complains at all.

Recommended.

"This is the second time IV ordered from Mobilecityonline and I must say they are grade A! I have ordered both items and had them overnighted and both times I had them the very next day. Pretty awesome! Their customer service is out of this world! Called them up and they were pleasant and helpful. I will use them from now on!!!"

"I ordered my item and was pleased to find that they had shipped the item. Then 2 days later, they say we could not ship your item because we don't have it in stock. SO WHY DID YOU POST IT ON AMAZON IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! I'm so upset and I will never do anymore business with them ever again!"

"I am very happy with my order received from MobileCityOnline. Will order from them again."

"I had a great experience and fast shipping from MobileCityOnline. I ordered a Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth/FM dongle on a Thursday night and it arrived Monday afternoon."

"GRREAT! BEST SELECTION OF UNLOCKED PHONES AWESOME PRICES"

"These guys bring horrible service to an art form.

The latest--and last--issue with them was pre-ordering a product, not being sent the email asking me to confirm, calling them long after it was to have arrived, getting the wrong product sent, finding out that they knew they had sent the wrong product to everyone--but not telling anyone who didn't call--and having to send it back. If I hadn't caught the mistake, I'd have been stuck with the other, older, cheaper product (I had ordered a newer version of the product I was sent).

I've got more stories as well. I'm so gullible, but this is really it!

"Horrible experience. Sent me the right part but for the wrong phone. Customer service does not exist - yet they have no problem sending me online ads. I am stuck with back door for an EVO 4G - when I have a Droid Incredible. Had to spend another $15 from Siedio to get the right battery cover. Purchase this company at your own risk. "

"I purchased the Lg BL40 on Monday and today they called me that my phone was back ordered. I heard the company is excellent but for now, I went to get the same phone in another company and see if I'm going to get it in 2 days because I'm going on vacation. If it doesn't work, I'll wait till they have it in stock so I can get it on the next day. Very good site. Go buy whatever you want on MCO"

"Ordered the Nokia 6700 classic black unlocked phone on 7/1. On 7/6, I was emailed that the phone is on backorder for 10 - 14 days and asked to consider switching to the chrome color or cancel the order. I emailed back to cancel unless definitely available in next 10 - 14 days. On 7/8, I received notice that the order was cancelled. I was never charged for the phone.

It is turning out to be frustrating ordering unlocked phones from online retailers, who can't seem to keep their online stock status up-to-date (the phone is now out-of-stock). Still, I appreciated the prompt and professional communication, and just as importantly, that they did not charge my credit card without verifying item availability. I may order from them again.

"Bought a wireless headset from them, and it was priced quite cheaper than a lot of other places. Called to confirm it was legit, and it was. The customer service rep (Louis?) was very cordial. IMO, shipping cost was a bit excessive, but that is probably not up to them. Website was easy to navigate as well. Very happy with purchase."

Share MobileCityOnline's store rating

MobileCityOnline is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MobileCityOnline is not a merchant member
MobileCityOnline does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!