• Rating 8.17/10 145 reviews

Mobal is not a merchant member
    Mobal does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Mobal contact information

• Address: 853 Broadway, Suite 1516, New York
    • Contact: support@mobal.com
    • Phone: 212-785-5800
    • Customer Support: 212-785-5800
    • Business Hours: Sales: 9:00am - 5:00pm Mon-Fri Closed Sat & Sun Technical Support: available 24/7

"This is an automated money sucking machine with a very good marketing.

I used once for 7 days in Philippines, charged more than $700.00 for 50 MB data usage and no more than 4 calls and 20 text messages.

There are 10 times more cheap options if you do the home work, I did not. You can buy a local SIM card in the Manila Airport with unlimited calls and data and cost 10 times less.

Aparently only 1 customer service representative for credit department, if 10 customer calls at the same time and each one take 4 minutes do the math for a long distance phone call.

Do not give your credit card to be charged without detail invoice charges unless you have a tree that grows money.

Almost cost more than the airplane ticket.

modified review This review was modified by smesterj on June 13 2013 07:49:55 AM

"Don't do it! I bought a phone for use for my trip to Vietnam. I am good at technology, but the transition from my iphone (back) to the Samsung was awful. Worse, much, was the incredible expense. I only used the phone for a couple of weeks, to check in with my husband a couple of times a day, but the total bill was over $700. Much better option was facetime via the simcard I bought for my ipad, cost about $10. I am just sorry I didnt figure this out earlier.
Once I got home, I got a series of very annoying phone messages on my home phone about my remaining
balance. I kept checking my online account, but all the invoices there had been paid in full. I finally got a letter demanding $15 more, instructing me to check my online account. I did. It is still not there. I sent an email to customer support, expressing my frustration and intent to cancel my service and sell the phone asap. The response curtly told me that I was not allowed to do that but did not deal with where I was to find the invoice correlating to the outstanding balance. Finally I called, and was on hold for 10 minutes. Then I was told that the balance does not appear on invoices; those are what have already been paid?????
I paid them off and will never ever deal with them again.
My advice: steer clear, buy a verizon iphone5 and install a local sim card!

"The phone was easy to order and use. We used it in Spain, France and Germany and it worked fine."

"I bought a euro buzz phone for my trip to Bulgaria and it worked great even in the countryside!"

"My ordering of phone and delivery went smoothly. It takes a bit of time to figure out the features of this phone so do read the literature and play with the phone in advance. I had to call Customer Service to ask a couple of questions. They were friendly and helpful. The phone is very small. You can fit it into a small place but the numbers and screen hard-to-read. I'm eager to see what the service is going to be like in Italy. "

Rating 8/104/5

"Just bought the Samsung E2530 world phone for a trip to Nepal and Qatar. The phone is compact and seems to be easy to use. I was able to test call to the phone in the USA on a land locked phone and to phone to a land locked phone from this phone. The Mobal website was helpful and gave me further prompts on how to operate the phone and the terms of their service"

"Purchased this for a one month trip to England. It was very east to set up and get going to call my parents as soon as I landed. They were also very happy they could contact me whenever they needed. Even if they forgot about the time difference. Really great service everywhere I went, I was never in a dead zone. Also bought the phone and it was at my door in less than 48 hours."

Rating 8/104/5

"The phone was shipped promptly. It took a long time to charge but we were able to test it (the budget phone) and to enter numbers easily. very compact and practical"

"I received this as a gift from my daughter. The phone was easy to set up and seems fairly straight forward on instructions. "

"I ordered $29 international phone because I was planning on visiting few friends in multiple European countries in about a week. The phone is very light, compact and the internaitonal adapter that came with was awesome. Because I was going to stay in each country for about 3-4days, I was hesitant on ordering each countries' sim cards so I was very glad to find this option. Now I feel so much more secure about the trip even though I am flying alone. "

"I ordered a Classic Mobal WorldPhone (LG GU230) for my upcoming trip to Brazil. Ordering was straightforward and I received my phone (with a free adapter set!) very quickly. Also, I realized I had accidentally ordered the wrong model; I spoke to a customer service representative who immediately fixed my order and got the correct model sent out. I've tested the phone and everything seems to work great. So glad that I will only have to pay for phone calls made and received (no monthly service charges!) and I won't have to worry about getting my regular phone stolen or lost. Looks like it will be a great phone for this and many more future, international trips. I recommend reading Mobal's extensive FAQs and tips on making international calls."

"Mobal has one of the best customer service programs of any company I have worked with. They have been nothing but helpful and informative. I am encouraged to travel the world freely, knowing that Mobal always has my back. Thanks!"

"I recently purchased a Nokia 2730c WorldPhone from Mobal. I needed a phone I could use while I am traveling internationally, including in Japan and Korea. The Worldphone is the perfect choice for me since it works in over 200 countries, you only pay for the minutes you use (no other fees) and you get to keep the same phone number for as long as you have the phone. Ordering the phone was straightforward and it was shipped by Fedex from the UK to the US in a couple of days. The phone works great. I strongly recommend the Mobal Worldphone."

"Used the phone in Munich, Germany last week and it worked just as advertised. Very pleased with the phone and service."

Rating 8/104/5

"The Classic Mobal phone is a perfect size. It is small, compact, and great quality. I also like the fact that a worldwide travel adaptor set is included with the phone."