Stores > Mills Fleet Farm

• Mills Fleet Far

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"This is the absolute worst Auto Service Center I have ever seen in my life. Twice now I have gone in to purchase 4 new tires and they have bent the rim. Whatever you do avoid the Auto Service Center at all costs. The first time I went in, they at least accepted responsibility after I literally screamed at them, and they replaced the damaged rim they had caused. Today however, there was no accountability whatsoever. I actually asked for my old tires to be put back on my car so I could go elsewhere and when I asked how long it would take the mechanic who is standing there talking to 2 other mechanics doing nothing very smugly responded that he was busy and smiled. I would suggest taking your car anywhere else at all other than the Oshkosh Fleet Farm Auto Service Center."

This review was modified by Adammnelson on November 25 2015 04:58:46 PM

Brian Voss's Avatar

North Branch, MN (Twin Cities MN)

"Having heard of them for many years and with good word-of-mouth feedback from friends, I turned to Fleet Farm when my newly-acquired 2011 Subaru Impreza Sti needed new tires. They offered a fair price on a set of four Cooper Zeon RS3-A tires, which was fine by me since I had several good experiences with the Cooper brand in the past.

On May 8th, 2015 I had the tires installed. The ride was terrific, with excellent handling and luxurious smoothness and comfort. When I went back to Fleet Farm for an oil change in October, I asked if they could have the tires rotated but they claimed they couldn’t do it since they were too busy. No problem I thought, the tires had perhaps 8-9k miles on them. I’ll bring the car back soon.

Shortly after the oil change I started to notice the car had a bit of a vibration at highway speeds (60-75mph), which steadily got worse in a very short period of time. Thinking perhaps one of the rims threw a weight off, I called to schedule a rotation and balance, which they graciously accommodated the same day (Nov 9th - I will give credit for this, despite the 15min wait on the phone).

After about 25 minutes at the auto service department I was asked to come take a look at something. Not good. The photos (if able to be attached to this review) aptly describe what was found; the rear tires had worn excessively to the inside - flirting with the point of imminent failure with the steel radial belts showing - in just 11,000 miles. Alignment, they rightfully said, and because of that the tires were not under warranty and no credit would be given for the short lifespan of these or the front two tires, which were in very good repair with at least 9/32” tread - perfectly fine and useable given the amount of use.

Let’s pause for a moment and talk about alignment: I have owned over a dozen vehicles in the 23 years I’ve been driving and I’ve replaced many sets of tires on these vehicles. NOT ONCE in the past has a tire dealer ever executed a sales discussion or tire installation without mentioning to me the need to perform an alignment when replacing all four tires on a vehicle. In fact, on several occasions it was part of the full service package, the cost included into the package deal (never ‘free’, mind you, but the cost was rolled into the final price one way or another). As such I will admit I was on auto-pilot on the matter; I simply figured that Fleet Farm would have performed an alignment as part of a commitment to quality. Whoops.

Even without the above-mentioned thought, wouldn’t you think their tire installation professional might have taken a look at the old tires being replaced, notice the wear pattern as they were pulled off, and think “Hey, something might be amiss here?” Funny me, I must be expecting too much!

To add insult to injury, when I moved beyond the abrasive “no warranty” stance and asked how much it would cost to replace the two tires, they adamantly stated “we cannot replace just the 2 tires, legally we must replace all 4 tires since your car is an all-wheel drive.” I was incensed!! Here I am with essentially an un-driveable vehicle due to premature tire wear, and now they won’t install two new tires nor offer any discount for lack of professional discretion. I have to buy a full set of 4 new tires. At full price.

NO DEAL. Thanks to social media and a wide array of valuable and knowledgeable friendships (several with ASE certification or significantly better) I was quickly well-informed on the matter. I called a tire dealer close to my home and made arrangements to have 2 new tires installed and a complete alignment which, by the way, this dealership checks on every tire installation and advises the customer before performing the work.

But hey, Fleet Farm, if you don’t check alignment and the customer’s car is out of alignment, you get to replace a lot more tires over time, don’t you??? Funny how that works. More revenue for your professional malfeasance.

Thanks to Fleet Farm’s stoic, immovable stance I was forced to limp my car 30.5 miles back home, at slow speed and on secondary routes only, risking tire failure and general safety. That alone should, in my professional opinion, warrant a full refund for services shoddily rendered. Of course, I’m not a lawyer… but my lawyer is, and I’d suspect he may agree with me. Let’s talk before it gets to that point.

Notice: This review and complaint is being disseminated to the Fleet Farm Facebook page, my private and professional page, Google review, Yelp and any other review site I may find which has the capacity for me to review your services. I’ll gladly edit or remove any negative reviews upon successful closure of this grievance. Thank you. -Brian Voss

This review was modified by Brian Voss on November 11 2015 08:44:01 PM

"This is a 1 star rating based on their unwillingness to honor posted pricing.

Apparently the manager of Mills Fleet Farm in Brooklyn Park, MN, doesn't know that not honoring posted prices can be devastating to a stores public reputation. Word of mouth travels fast!

My boy went to this Fleet Farm after visiting Cabella's and Gander Mountain to compare tripod deer stands and pricing. At Fleet Farm, he found one in their outside yard that was 20' high and marked on sale for $200. When he enquired about it, he was told that was a two year old display model that they didn't have any more. That's OK, because the display model was badly damaged and rusted anyway, but the signage didn't specify any particular model other than a 20' tripod stand. The manager refused to sell him one of the models they had in stock for that advertised price.

Really, Fleet Farm! If you are too lazy and/or incompetent to remove display models you no longer have available and post the correct selling price for the models you do have, that is NOT your customer's fault. You MUST sell products for what you post the price to be!

I used to do a lot of shopping at Fleet Farm in the past, but I will now shop elsewhere first and only go to Fleet Farm as a last resort.

This review was modified by tsjustme on August 31 2015 07:50:58 AM

"Hate this store! In green bay, both east and west side stores must be magnets for rude and incompetent employees. If you work there, fk u!"

This review was modified by MillsFFHater on August 20 2015 09:00:31 PM

"I was looking for a small gas grill to replace my old rusted one. I found one for sale through Mills Fleet Farm's online website ( CharBroil Gas Grill-2 Burner). The price was right ($70 marked down from $100) and the shipping was insanely cheap ($7.95). I live in Georgia and had never heard of this company so I started checking online reviews. The reviews weren't very good in general with problems ranging from bad customer service to damaged merchandise and slow shipping. Based on these reviews, I almost chose not to order through them, but that price was really good, so I chose to call their customer service directly and speak to them about the my concerns. The person I spoke to was an extremely helpful woman who took about 20 minutes to go over each of my concerns and assure me that nothing like that would happen. I wish I could remember her name, because she was great. I ordered the grill on a Saturday, it was shipped Monday and I received it Wednesday. It was expertly packed and arrived without incident. It was a bit of a pain to assemble, but that's not the fault of Mills Fleet Farm. I am thrilled with my purchase and will absolutely use Mills Fleet Farm for future purchases."

This review was modified by fishlip4u on January 24 2015 05:27:29 AM

"Purchased a pair of ladies ice skates in a size 9 box. Got them home and the skates inside were size 10. Returned them and they were unable to replace with the correct size. Disappointed that the customer service at Fleet Farm is not capable of correcting the simplest of issues. Even more disappointing is that a manager was not available. Good luck Fleet Farm with this business model."

This review was modified by buescher on January 11 2015 02:33:52 PM

"Found a great price on a new Uniden answering machine / cordless phone. However when it arrived it A) had been opened, and B) did not work (cordless handset would not charge). Duped and hassled by Mills Fleet Farm - will never shop there again."

This review was modified by Donham on October 30 2014 06:16:17 AM

"would give product after show paid in full receipt to employee and asst. manager or give money back after talking with them for about an hour "

This review was modified by boxer121 on August 17 2014 06:38:26 PM

"Ordered a lefse griddle on 16 Dec. Called and spoke to customer service on 19th as it had not shipped yet and was still shown as "processing" and was informed that they had 5-7 business days to process the order and that it was still at the warehouse. Called the 23rd as it still had not shipped and was told that it might be back ordered. Item never shipped and when I called today, 12/26, I was told that the order was going to be cancelled as it was a clearance item and that they could not fill the order. When it was ordered it was a sale item, it was NOT shown as clearance nor did I receive at any time a notice that it was on back order and would not be honored as it was a clearance item. That would have been helpful information on 12/17 as it was a Christmas present. After Christmas? Not so helpful. Fleet farm website = fail"

This review was modified by Abnanjel on December 27 2013 03:35:53 AM

"I ordered a gift for my son on the 8th of December that said that it was in Stock at Mills Fleet Farm. The price was right and I thought I found a great deal.

I found out while I checked gifts vs our lists that I never received the one from Mills Fleet Farm, which was this gift. The Hot Wheels Tower of Power.

I checked the web site this week and found that they unceremoniously cancelled my gift. No notification at all. I emailed them twice, and called 3 times. I finally waited on the long hold only to get someone who just apologized and told me an email was sent out on the 16th . . . Well after it was cancelled. If they did, they sent it out only to respond to my email . . . not to notify me of the initial cancellation. But in reality, I received neither email. Nothing in my spam box. Nothing in my inbox. I searched and only found the initial email stating that my order was made and nothing else.

According to the lady on the phone, they were overflowing with orders. Sounds like a company swamped with customers should have no problem spending a little extra to field all of the requests.

In the end, all I received were apologies and nothing more . . . Your bad, Mills Fleet Farm . . . And my bad for attempting to shop from someone other than the big guys.

Brooklyn, NY

"always the best price for my pet's dog food. Never have had any issues"

"This is one of the best stores in the country. They have absolutely everything in their stores.The customer service their is awesome and the prices the best."

Share Mills Fleet Farm's store rating

Mills Fleet Farm is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Mills Fleet Farm is not a merchant member
Mills Fleet Farm does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!