"Purchased a snow windshield cover for my van. I paid shipping and tax for what I thought would be a nice priced item. What I received was a very small package of a weird shaped, paper thin piece of material with no clue as to how it was to be used. I called and was told they had no instructions and I could return it with me paying shipping both ways. What I thought was a reasonable deal of $20 I would get a return of about $10. My first and las purchase from Miles KIMBALL."

flatquasar's Avatar
Ann Arbor, Michigan

"I buy everything I want from them about twice a year, when they offer free shipping. I've been a customer of Kimball, Walter Drake, Harriet Carter & Carol Wright (mostly Carol Wright & Harriet Carter) for many years, buying from them products I could not find in local stores. Two years ago I stopped buying from Carter & Carol Wright because they failed to evolve adequately from traditional mail order to Internet Retailer.

The quality of Carter & Wright products declined and their shipping is too slow by today's standards. Now, I buy most of our hard to find products from StarCrest of California. They frequently offer special prices and free shipping.

Periodically, I buy from Kimball, whose prices are usually higher than the others but they have maintained product quality & they have really stepped up their shipping processing & speed. These are all old mail order catalog companies that have continued long after kings of mail order, Sears abandoned it and J.C. Penny's seriosuly scaled back.

I recommend Kimball. They sell hard to find products at competitive prices and they have modernized their processing and shipping to better match the big online stores such as Amazon, Newegg, Tiger Direct, & eBay "Top Rated Sellers." Kimball, like Starcrest, always gets my order right and unlike Harriet Carter and Carol Wright these days, Kimball doesn't offer complex confusing "free Shipping" deals, or ship out much cheaper products than you expected from the photo & description.

modified review This review was modified by flatquasar on July 26 2012 01:57:49 PM

Razeous's Avatar
New York

"I was skeptical about this company at first, so I did some googling and found that they have mediocre reviews. Some were good and some were really bad. Here's my experience.

Ordered two air conditioner supports on May 2, 2010 and got free shipping. The website says it can take 2-3 days for processing. Then allow another 5 days for the actual delivery. I received it today, May 7, 2010. Not bad at all for the cheapest ground shipping option. Items were heavy so I can't complain. I should also note that I received an email providing me with the tracking number the next day after my order (a lot faster than the 2-3 days time frame). They charge a weird processing fee ($1.99) and standard shipping depends on how much your total is. It might be overpriced depending on what you buy. But if your items are heavy, it is a definitely reasonable shipping charge.

Packaging was reasonably good. A big box for two small packages. It was stuffed with paper. The box got very slightly crushed but did not cause any damage at all. This was probably because of all the empty space in the box. So it was easy for pressure to damage it a little.

I found what i needed for a lot cheaper than anywhere else. I would definitely buy from them again.

modified review This review was modified by Razeous on May 07 2010 12:10:31 PM

Miles Kimball is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Miles Kimball is not a merchant member
Miles Kimball does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!