Stores > MidwayUSA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.08/10 2.08/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review MidwayUSA by clicking a star below.
2017-05-11

They stole $850 from me!!!!

"On January 31st 2017 I returned two scopes and some rings. Midway has acknowledged that they did receive the items and that they do owe me $850.

Then came the song and dance. They say they are processing the return and there is nothing they can do.

It is now May 11th 2017, more than 4 months later and I still have not received a refund.

I have called, live chatted and emailed numerous times with no results.

I am now filing a claim in small claims court to try to recover my money.

HORRIBLE company, do not do business with them.

2017-05-03

Lately, you will be lucky to get all of your order in one piece.

"I've ordered from MidwayUSA for about a year now, four separate orders. The last was my last. They packed a supposed 100 round ammo can full of .50 BMG inside another cardboard box with the rest of my order. Placed a couple of "air" bags around and in between and sent it on it's way. When it arrived, the 42 lbs ammo can inside the box (remember this was supposed to contain 100 rounds of .50 bmg) had been sliding around inside, pulverizing everything in it's path. After conferring with Customer Service, they decided refunding the shipping costs would cover it. Huh? Seriously. Nearly every other item, smashed to oblivion and they want to refund shipping. Add insult to injury, the 100 rounds of .50 BMG was only 97. They gave me a store credit of $10.00 for that. I gave them the boots. MidwayUSA and Mr. Potterfield can pound sand. I can't believe this company stays in business. "

2017-05-02

Scammers

"First and last order, pay double for what shipping should cost and still haven't received my order. Three weeks and still waiting. If they had use a USPS flat rate box, I would have my order in one week at half the cost. Never again, there are companies that want to keep their customers, MidwayUSA isn't one of them."

2017-04-26

I have bought from Midway for over 20 years

"I have had zero complaints. I ordered from Midway and Cabellas on the same day. Midway shipped in 2 days, Cabellas, 3 days. I want my stuff and I want it now."

2017-04-23

The Same Experience As Most People's - BAD!!

"Ordered a 7 1/2" scoped holster for a Redhawk, and they sent out a 6 1/2". Had to return it, and they insisted I pay for the shipping. I did, and I'm done with them. Old school Scrooges who never let go of the money once it's in their hands."

2017-04-17

MMM"

"THEM ****'CHA EMPTY THY COMEBACK WHIT GUN POWDER..."

2017-03-26

Worst customer service I've ever encountered

"I have ordered items from midway USA for the last 2 years without incident. Shipping though is high compared to their competitors. All said I ordered 6 boxes of ammo and a ar15 **** stock kit, I only receive 5 boxes of ammo. Reached out via email and then again 4 days later, still no reply 10 days later. Guess what guys, I don't do business with people who operate like this, I talk with my money. Cheaper than dirt and Brownell's will be happy to hear this, I will give them a try. This kind of service in unacceptable for an American company, shame on you Midway USA."

2017-01-09

Don't do it

"Order ammo and everyone of the rounds where corroded and they weren't cheap never again will I purchase anything from them"

2017-01-07

Your Order Has Shipped?? Don't Believe It!!

"When you place an order with MIDWAYUSA you'll get an email from Larry Potterfield, Founder and CEO, that says "...I've always been a stickler for fast shipping, we're working hard to get it out quickly." Soon you'll get another email that says "Great news! Your order has been shipped." DON'T BELIEVE IT! All that means is that they've charged your credit card and printed out a UPS label. Your order may not even be put together and boxed yet. Yes, you'll get a tracking number but that doesn't mean anything until UPS has been notified, which in my case, wasn't for several days. And even though I paid extra for faster shipping, it didn't seem to matter to Larry. I'll never order from MIDWAYUSA again. Larry probably doesn't care. "

2016-11-13

Bait and switch NO FREE SHIPPING, No customer service one time buy!

"Midway USA advertises free shipping over $150 but when I went to purchase and use the promotional code none of the codes worked. I called and asked the representative for the correct code and he said there was a code but he would NOT give it to me. I ordered $182 worth of merchandise and had to pay $13.49 additional shipping. Five days after the purchase they sent me a free shipping code for $100 and after that sent a code for free shipping on $150. I emailed customer service and asked for a refund of the shipping. Jessica in customer service said the codes are sent to customers, which I was on their list, and denied a refund. She sarcastically said have a wonderful day and looking forward to your next order. I do NOT recommend Midway USA to my friends or anyone else. Their customer service is non existent. I will NEVER buy from them again!"

2016-11-01

Best on-line Shooting supplier

"I have always had great service and delivery from MidwayUSA. My orders (4+ per year) arrive in 2 and no more that 3 days except on the rare occasion that the item is back ordered. I don't find the service varies between my orders of clearance items or high dollar items, it is always speedy, correct and complete. This last order was a new scope for Deer Hunting trip in two weeks. The delivery was on time and correct with a quality product. The naysayers need to try the other on-line stores and compare selection, service and delivery when they consider total performance. Midway matches or outperforms day in and day out."

2016-09-16

Midway to where.....????

"This company used to be decent with reasonable shipping charges, now it has become an absolute horrible place to do business with and I'm done! Placed an order over two weeks ago for merely 2 100 count boxes of 22 caliber projectiles and a small reactive swinging target. Where is my order now....? Your guess is as good as mine! Upon calling customer service, I was told "oh you should have paid more for shipping"...... Really! I was charged $18 for shipping that had they used the USPS would have only been $7

To all thinking about ordering from this company, please think again..... they are terrible and dishonest, there are better options out there with far more reasonable shipping rates.

2016-08-18

Midway customer no-service

"Order received quickly, (Aug 2nd) but 1 item was incorrectly described by Midway. This resulted in tearing of product rubber gasket ( XGrip magazine adapter). After talking with customer service, online "chat" with a person that has English for a second language and leaving an email for Larry, the owner (with no response), today...an email! A person named Heather apologized for the delay and the poor product information, AND THAT WAS IT!
Nothing about a credit or refund !!
Misrepresentation is bad, but poor customer service will get you drop kicked from whom I order from.
Caveat Emptor!

2016-08-10

If it wasn't for shipping...

"I really liked them when I first began using them. My first order was shipped super fast and at my door step the next day. My theory is that they go out of their way for first-time buyers, but maybe it was just a coincidence. Since then, shipping times and costs have increased and continue to do so. I currently have two orders for which I am waiting to arrive. One of them is a reloading manual which was an in-stock item when I ordered it. The tracking is somewhat unclear, but it took somewhere between 3 and 4 days just for Midway to ship it. In addition, it was shipped via USPS Media Mail (slow service) for a cost north of $9. I went to the USPS site to calculate the actual cost of the shipment. According to USPS, this service for this particular package costs just over $4. Why am I being charged $9??? I ordered the book on August 5th and the estimate delivery date is August 12th. You might say to yourself, "Not the fastest, but definitely not the worst I've seen". Well, allow me to throw in the fact that I live less than 3 hours away from Midway. Yes, it's going to take 7 calendar days fro my package to travel 3 hours. Why am I blaming Midway and not USPS? Because USPS states that Media Mail can take up to 9 days. Midway should have shipped my book much sooner, and for over $9, it should have shipped via a much faster service. This is, by no means, an isolated incident. It is the worst example, however.

Those examples of poor shipping practices aside, they're actually not a bad company. Sometimes they do ship fast via a proper service. I also like their website. It could use a few improvements in terms of menu organization, but it's pretty easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing. They have a good selection and competitive prices. They sometimes also have cheaper options than their main competitor, Brownells. They do a good job of advertising their specials. They provide product support via online tutorial videos.

I have spent a lot of time and money with Midway over the last couple of years. However, I find myself gravitating toward Brownells more and more. Their shipping costs are more reasonable and they are MUCH faster. If I can't get it at Brownells, then I try Midway next.

2016-05-18

Shop elswhere!!!!! Never buy again. Bad customer service, High prices, inflated shipping cost.

"I purchased an item in haste. After I ordered, I found several other places selling the item much, much cheaper - $50 -$75 cheaper plus free shipping. I also paid inflated shipping cost (they marked the cost up). But I decided my mistake, next time look fist. Well, if that bad feeling of knowing I got a bad deal wasn't enough they (MIDWAY) send me a email AFTER with the same item I just purchased offering the item for $50 less. So I email them asking if they will credit me, no reply. email again, no reply, 3rd time no reply. I finally called them, I was polite and explained the situation and requested a credit and they refused to credit me saying it was impossible to do... What? insult me now and assume I am stupid, its not impossible to return, refund, partial refund or even provide a credit. I own a business, its done all they time, they aren't "special" that's code for screw you we don't care! I asked to speak to a manager and she told me she was the person I needed to talk to and they would not do it. I will NEVER refer anyone or buy from them again. their loss..."

Share MidwayUSA's store rating

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member
MidwayUSA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!