Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.14/10 2.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"I'm like some of you I have been a for a long time customer, probably like 30 years. Their prices are compatible, shipment is usually fast but their customer service and return policy are bad to say the least. They sale "some" inferior products with shipping cost and then if the product is substandard YOU have to burden the shipping expense to return it. Then they put stipulations, must be unused, like if you could use it you would be returning it lol. Must be in original container, and so forth. Think about it, you purchase a product for $30.00; you pay the shipping cost of $8.00, thats $38.00. The product is damaged or it's defected no fault of your own. Then you send it back, at customer expense. Shipping to send it back cost is approximately $5.00 or so, that means you have spent $13.00 and you still don't have the product!!! But, they will always thank you for your business."

modified review This review was modified by barber135 on December 17 2014 10:12:22 AM

"My order was canceled 30 days AFTER getting an email from them being assured that It would not be.
I have been a customer with Midway for over 10 years but I will never do business there again.
There many other companies as good or better who will gladly take my money.

modified review This review was modified by Gone4Ever on December 15 2014 10:07:57 PM

"I ordered 22 bullets in Nov. 2013. They cancelled the order in Dec 2014 because they and I quote < "felt it was a wise business decision to cancel ALL back orders over a year old". Now prior to this I would call to check on my order and they would tell me every time that they were expecting them in that day. Seriously told me that each time I called. The day I found out they cancelled the order I went online and located the type of 22 bullets I had been waiting on for over a year. I have received all of them. Why was Midway unable to fill my order and then think so little of my business that they just dropped my back order. I have heard that I am not the only one that they have done this to. "

modified review This review was modified by Imunhappy on December 08 2014 05:24:17 PM

"OK, I have ordered several items from MidwayUSA in the past and have been pleased with the results. I chose to NOT pay attention to all the negative reviews about the company until I ordered several pounds (3) of powder for my reloading press. Now I see where the problems start. Below is a "short" break down of what has transpired with Midway USA and specifically their "for the lack of a better term "Customer Service"

In short their Customer Service people have given me the run around about the delivery of the powder that I ordered from them. They told me that the powders are drop shipped from their suppliers. Then they tell me that they can only ship a maximum of 100 pounds (per truck) of HAZMAT Material from their location at a time.

Midway USA sent me a tracking number for the shipment. Fine, only every time I attempt to track the package all I get is "Item not Found". Finally three (3) weeks later I get another e-mail from Midway saying the order still has a tracking number and is ready to be shipped, and because there is a tracking number, and the order is ready to be shipped that he order cannot be cancelled.

To be fair they do have a lot of great items, but if you want powder or primers they absolutely are a waste of time. Will I go back to them for anything in the future. Not a chance in hell.

Oct 23 2014 Received notice that he powder was in stock.

Oct 23 2014 Ordered the powder

Nov 18 2014 Received notice that the powder had shipped along with a tracking number that only states "Not Found"

Nov 28 2014 I sent an e mail requesting an update on the shipment.

Dec 1 2014 Received an e-mail from MidwayUSA explaining their issue of only being able to place a maximum of 100 pounds of powder on a truck at a time. OH and the powder that I ordered has still not shipped.

Dec 2 2014 Sent MidwayUSA an e-mail about my frustration and telling them that since the order has not shipped that they can cancel the order and I will go someplace else.

Dec 4 2014 I received an e-mail stating that since the order has been assigned a tracking number and is ":ready to ship that the order cannot be cancelled.

"Had a back order for multiple boxes of .22LR ammo. Midway got 1 box of the 4 on backorder in stock, so they canceled the remaining back ordered items just to be able to get their inventory on hand out the door. They also charged me $12.00 UPS shipping which was calculated on the entire 4 large bulk pack boxes for the 1 box, which is absolute highway robbery and refused to change the shipping charges, or credit me back the difference. They basically profited off the shipping by ripping me off. I will not buy from Midway again due to these shady practices. The backordered items were on backorder since November 2013, so they sat on things a year. The cancelation and shipping of the 1 box was today."

modified review This review was modified by banjovial on December 03 2014 11:22:39 AM

"MIDWAY ON THE OTHER HAND WILL NOT DEAL WITH AGAIN COMPANY DOES NOT KEEP IT'S WORD CANCELS BACK ORDERS EVEN AFTER I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD NOT. HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR SEVERAL YEARS BUT NOT ANYMORE
JUST WANT TO MARK PRICES UP AND NOT SELL 22LR IN CASES ANYMORE

modified review This review was modified by SCUBAGLENN on December 02 2014 12:05:20 PM

"Being an Expat who lives in Sweden the prices Midway offers are fantastic which was beneficial to them as per this review. The issue I have is I made an order after a couple of others and when I got to the Shipping Address it did not change from the previous addresses. I worked on that several times and finally got the new address to "stay". I then clicked continue. I received an email which indicated the order was being shipped to the previous address and not the new address. The order shipped the same day which is also a plus for Midway. It was obvious Midway has issues with their software as when someone has an account it does not allow for changes in information, hence my lesson learned was IF I ordered from them again I have to start a new account. I am 100% certain I changed the shipping address because I had to re-enter the information at least three times before it remained, and it obviously changed back when I continued.

I then had to contact the first shipping address and have it forwarded to the new address and do so Next Day Air otherwise the individual receiving the order would not have been there to receive it. I may give Midway another chance in the future but will be very wary and will call Customer Service from Sweden to ensure there are no further problems.

"my order was supposed to be 2nd day air but it was sent ground. i was still charged for 2nd day though."

modified review This review was modified by p8ntballr18 on October 22 2014 09:01:25 PM

"I have placed more than 20 orders in the last 5 years. Most of it was good. Then I recently placed an order for an item in stock. There website said if I purchased the item before midnight that I would receive it in two days. I live in the same state just an hour away from Midway. Two days later it said that it was being sent out for shipping. Then they changed by due date from 2 days to 4 days. A little later I looked at the shipping again and they changed it to 7 days out for an item that was in stock less than an hour away and guaranteed to arrive in two days. Not sure what has happened to midway, but my last few orders have had issues. This will be my last order. They have increased there shipping prices and now offer less than reliable services.

"I have been ordering from Midwayusa for years without a problem. 10 days ago I ordered from them and they shipped it to the wrong address. After a couple emails to customer service their answer to me is if the package doesn't get returned to them they keep my money and I never receive my items.

I thought the idea was ridiculous so I called customer service to complain. After some back and forth with their employee I asked him if the package never gets return if I was SOL. His exact response to me was "That's a dim way of looking at it but yes that is correct."

Now it is my responsibility to contact the people living at that address and see if I can get them to return the package or I have to start fighting to save my $300. Either way I'll never order from Midwayusa again.

"I'm surprised at several low ratings. Have been buying from Midway for almost 20 years. Their prices are good, shipping is reasonable. Midway didn't participate in the price gouging that occurred within the past year. They ship their products very quickly and also process any returns the same way. They stand behind what they sell. This is a very legit business that practices very high standards in their dealings.

I have never ordered any backordered items though, but only items that are in stock.

"Ordered ammo on Wednesday night; it was shipped on Thursday and it arrived by Friday. The price was excellent and the shipping was perfect. Thank you. "

"Ordered in Jan 2013. received all items except a couple of cheap hats to use up a visa gift card. then tacked on 10.00 bucks on my CC to complete my purchase. OK fine....
Back order on the hats 8 months. Wow. Not that big of deal since I didn't need them. The thing that ticks me off is the outrageous shipping. They shipped these separately and charged me twice. So two 5 and 6 dollar hats cost me a combined total of 30.00. FU MIDWAY!!! Your Drop ship is over inflated and sucks.

modified review This review was modified by tanner258 on August 15 2013 04:46:21 PM

"I would like to personally thank you for letting me order something December of 2012 and it say it would be here December 27th and I could still use it as a gift, but it not arrive. Then it go to a major backorder and never hear from you again. I chat after December and am told it will here in January. Great. I have a birthday that month for same person and can use it for that. But doesn't arrive. That's 1 Christmas and 1 Birthday ruined. I chat. It will be here March. Nope and no communication from you either, gain. I contact again. It will be here. Nope. I contact again. What the website says is when it will be here - I am told. The website says it is not arriving ever. So, I contact and am told that is correct and my order has been cancelled. I now have to rearrange all my plans and purchase something else because I can't get the product to go with it. So, I do. And last night at 10pm you send me an email telling me you shipped my item. It's 8 months later!!! Without even asking me if I still want the product and telling me my order had been cancelled. When I contact to complain about this, I'm told I have to waste my time to fill out a form, I assume print it (paper and ink), drive to the PO (gas), and return it (time) all at my expense and get reimbursed later. Are you kidding me? Why are you shipping me something 8 months later anyway? Where is your communication, your customer service, your intelligence? You ruined Christmas, Birthdays, my day today, and to top it off charged me for the item last night when I have a kid going to college next week who needs things and I can't afford to spend anything else right now. So, you ruined that, too. Great timing, as always. I am so irate. I don't even have words. All I can is tell everyone had badly you have messed this up and to think I need to even return this 8 months later and my own expense is a joke. Tooth and nail I fought and you won't cover my shipping. How horrid is that? Pretty darn horrid. Shame on you. Everything else I ordered from you was garbage anyway."

modified review This review was modified by gwtterry on August 06 2013 09:16:28 AM

"Have to say I'm more than a little disappointed in placing my order with Midway. Ordered an item that was on backorder and assured it would ship in 5-8 weeks because of high demand. Okay, what can you do when everybody out there is saying the same thing? So lo and behold 8 weeks later I check in and am informed that no 5-8 weeks wasn't even close and that it will actually be more like 15-16 weeks before THEY receive the item much less ship it (mid to late September). So now I'm screwed and even if I order it from someone else I'm back to zero waiting at least 5-8 weeks again. They're done getting my business."

modified review This review was modified by cowboycoffee on August 02 2013 06:39:09 AM

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member
MidwayUSA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!