• MidwayUSA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.06/10 3.06/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.32/10 1.32/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.27/10 2.27/10

"I'm frankly astonished that MidwayUSA has such poor reviews. My experience with them, after a couple dozen orders over the last few years, has been excellent. I've often purchased ammo, gun parts and other shooting supplies with never a problem. However, I've never needed to return anything before my latest order, so I wasn't sure how dealing with customer service would go. I followed the site's instructions, which was to simply fill out a paper form, enclose it with the return, and ship it back. The item (a red dot sight) arrived back there this morning according to the tracking, and this afternoon I received an email from them saying my account had been credited. Couldn't have been more painless. No need to call first for an RMA#. I have to admit, every time I order there I wonder, "is this the time they're going to show me their bad side." But having spent quite a bit of money there, it still hasn't happened. "

modified review This review was modified by Skribnitz on May 20 2015 07:47:43 PM

"I'm increasingly dissatisfied ordering from this online reseller. I've ordered from them several times over the years and it seems to become a costly/cumbersome process each time. They charge a "surcharge" for handling which is just another way they increase profit margin but aside from that, shipping and finding something in stock can be atrocious. Recently I ordered some Leupold bases and rings but MidWay shipped the wrong bases. It was clearly the wrong item # from what was listed in the order. Unfortunately, their mistake is on my dime b/c their policy dictates the customer pays return shipping. Combined with that, the correct item I ordered is now listed as unavailable, so I had to return the whole order."

"Very dishonest company to deal with - Especially when it comes to shipping policies - - And dealing with their customer service is an exercise in futility - - They charged me more than what it would have cost to ship my order by 3rd day priority mail... then shipped it by the cheapest and lowest rated method available - - Almost 3 weeks later it has still not arrived - - Then I got nothing but lies and smoke screens when I tried to discuss it with their customer service - -

modified review This review was modified by JungleMedic on April 07 2015 11:16:57 AM

"Placed an order, was notified that it was backordered. My order stayed on backorder for over a year and then they just cancel my backorder. Price gouging"

"Where do I start.this is the worst company I have ever dealt with online.After placing one small order with no problems ,there the fun ended.I placed a large order on 3/3,they sent the package to the wrong address.After 2 weeks I called and they said the package was returned to them, but never informed me. So i gave them the correct address again,2 days later I check the status of my package,They sent it to the wrong address again. I called them and they had it sent back to them while it was in transit. I was assured I would receive my package on 3/20 . I called today 3/23 ,they have'nt even got the package returned to them.Every time I call there is a 8 to 20 minute wait. Some bozo that owns the company comes on an says, due to a high volume of calls be patience and wait. Well Larry Potterfield , if your that busy hire some help. After hundreds and hundreds of online purchases from many, many companies this is by far the worst.Read there reviews, lots and lots of complaints.So Larry stick it where the sun dont shine ,I'll go to Cheaper than Dirt ,Midwest or and other company,never ever Midway again ,nothing but incompetent jerks.Thanks for nothing"

"I hope others read this info unlike myself BEFORE ordering.
Granted I only paid 38 dollars for a rifle bag. But for one I felt 14 dollars for shipping was pretty steep. Especially since the item only weighs 2 pounds.
But no more than 5 minutes after I opened the box I was pretty pissed. I open the Midway rifle case so I can place my weapon in it and zip it back up. Guess what, because of poor design the case will NOT zip back closed. Even if it is empty.
Does the words Quality Control still work here? I have not shipped it back as of yet but I have no intention of paying for return shipping either.

modified review This review was modified by Pauliewog63 on March 13 2015 11:02:51 AM

"Midway is selling what they present as General Dynamics government overrun ammunition under the product number 855219. Midway describes this ammo as being "loaded with a true SS109 steel tip penetrator bullet..." They present an illustration of it being a Canadian C77 projectile bearing a steel penetrator followed by a lead slug enclosed in a copper jacket. By virtue of both these descriptors it is explicit that the projectile contains steel. Unless there's some sort of new hi-tech, non-magnetic steel out there that only money thirsty companies selling ammo amidst a scare can get a hold of that defies the laws of physics by its being 100% non-magnetic; unless you want to overpay for steel-free rounds that you can get preferably elsewhere for less and want costumer service (for lack of a better term) to try to Jedi mind trick you into believing that suddenly steel does not have to be magnetic and that they checked your batch before it went out and oh how magnetic it was before it left; or unless you want to be made to feel like you're a liar who has nothing better to do than spend $500+ on something and then complain aimlessly because [we accept no returns on ammo so you basically are stuck with whatever we decide to give you in spite of whatever we may have erroneously described it as]... Unless you want to go through all this, don't buy these rounds or any other they present to contain steel at this time. "

"Been dealing with them since the days of catalogs and free shipping, i.e 30 years. Absolutely no problems. They aren't usually the cheapest, but they were reliable. My last order was for some 303 British milsurp that they said had been "sealed away in a British armory" and was non-corrosive. The cartridges had absolutely no headstamp. The Brits, like us, mark the heads of all their ammo. Also the cardboard boxes were totally unmarked. Again, just like the US, they mark their ammo boxes. So I am disappointed that they were so disingenuous in their ad. I gave them a chance to explain using a review which I assume somebody reads, but after two weeks nothing. Point: It is not British and should not have been represented as such, but it shoots OK and I just clean my rifles like it was corrosive which the great bulk of British ammo was. "

"Sent me the wrong item. I needed it for a hunt with my new gun. Now i'll just use an old gun. I'm currently on chat hold for 42 minutes. Phone hold was going to be approximately 34 minutes. Their customer service is a joke. Don't ever buy from these people.
It's only a $20 dollar barrel nut, but guess i'll still wait on hold. Just b/c of general principal.
Also received it 3 days after their estimated delivery, but wasn't a big deal. Just one more thing i thought i would list.

modified review This review was modified by elduderino2412 on March 02 2015 07:24:45 AM

"I ordered 22LR on 12-05-2013
was told and received emails that product was still on order and I would receive my product, also confirmed with phone calls to Midway.
I have been a long time customer, recommended a friend to also purchase 22LR back before the price increased.
He ordered his two weeks after I put in my order, he has received his order, and mine has been canceled.
Called Midway and sales rep stated: we had them on order over a year, that was against policy, No Ammo, not even another brand.......never again,,,I recommend you make all you purchases with Cabela's.
Even Kmart would be better then Midway!

modified review This review was modified by shit-on on February 20 2015 06:26:34 PM

"I don't know way midway is a 1.5 star I've placed 2 orders of 1000 rounds of 22lr and i received the order within 2 days great company couldn't ask for more "

"Terrible experience on my first order. They tell me it's in the mail and never gets here. Nothing but a run-around and no refund. Decent prices but terrible customer service and you may not get your stuff."

modified review This review was modified by MadinGeorgia on January 27 2015 04:29:18 AM

"I've finally had it with Midway USA. This company truly doesn't understand customer service. I order thousands of dollars of firearm parts a year. I keep giving Midway a chance, and they keep screwing it up.
This time i ordered a magazine well for a Glock I was going to be using for a three gun shoot this weekend. I placed the order on 1/2/15 and I paid the up charge for delivery by 1/6/15. My package did not even ship until the 6th and so i was forced to sit at my office while the business was closed to wait for the UPS delivery on the 9th. So here I sit in my empty office waiting for UPS. Well UPS didn't see lights on in the lobby so they assumed the business was closed and didn't come in. I got an email from UPS stating that there was a failed delivery because the business was closed. I called UPS and the lady was VERY helpful and said that Midway set it up so that i could not come pick up the package at the UPS branch. I was told i needed to contact Midway and have them do a delivery intercept allowing me to pick up the package in person. So i called midway and waited on hold for 10 minutes while i had to hear "Larry" tell me how much they care. So i finally got through to customer service who was rude, talked over me, and offered no help in solving the problem. SHE EVEN ARGUED WITH ME SAYING THAT A DELIVERY INTERCEPT WOULD RETURN THE PACKAGE TO MIDWAY NOT ALLOW ME TO PICK IT UP. I called UPS back to see if i heard them wrong, but nope. All it would have taken is someone at Midway placing a delivery intercept and i could have driven and picked up the package.
I could go on and about problems in the past, shipping fees after the wrong item was shipped, requiring a signature for a home delivery on an inexpensive item that could not just be left on the porch with the other deliveries from Amazon....but this is it. I'M DONE WITH MIDWAY. Save yourself the trouble and order from Brownells. Brownells has great customer service and always ships on time.

modified review This review was modified by bab5422 on January 09 2015 12:26:31 PM

"I'm like some of you I have been a for a long time customer, probably like 30 years. Their prices are compatible, shipment is usually fast but their customer service and return policy are bad to say the least. They sale "some" inferior products with shipping cost and then if the product is substandard YOU have to burden the shipping expense to return it. Then they put stipulations, must be unused, like if you could use it you would be returning it lol. Must be in original container, and so forth. Think about it, you purchase a product for $30.00; you pay the shipping cost of $8.00, thats $38.00. The product is damaged or it's defected no fault of your own. Then you send it back, at customer expense. Shipping to send it back cost is approximately $5.00 or so, that means you have spent $13.00 and you still don't have the product!!! But, they will always thank you for your business."

modified review This review was modified by barber135 on December 17 2014 10:12:22 AM

"My order was canceled 30 days AFTER getting an email from them being assured that It would not be.
I have been a customer with Midway for over 10 years but I will never do business there again.
There many other companies as good or better who will gladly take my money.

modified review This review was modified by Gone4Ever on December 15 2014 10:07:57 PM

Share MidwayUSA's store rating

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member
MidwayUSA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!