Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Being an Expat who lives in Sweden the prices Midway offers are fantastic which was beneficial to them as per this review. The issue I have is I made an order after a couple of others and when I got to the Shipping Address it did not change from the previous addresses. I worked on that several times and finally got the new address to "stay". I then clicked continue. I received an email which indicated the order was being shipped to the previous address and not the new address. The order shipped the same day which is also a plus for Midway. It was obvious Midway has issues with their software as when someone has an account it does not allow for changes in information, hence my lesson learned was IF I ordered from them again I have to start a new account. I am 100% certain I changed the shipping address because I had to re-enter the information at least three times before it remained, and it obviously changed back when I continued.

I then had to contact the first shipping address and have it forwarded to the new address and do so Next Day Air otherwise the individual receiving the order would not have been there to receive it. I may give Midway another chance in the future but will be very wary and will call Customer Service from Sweden to ensure there are no further problems.

"my order was supposed to be 2nd day air but it was sent ground. i was still charged for 2nd day though."

modified review This review was modified by p8ntballr18 on October 22 2014 09:01:25 PM

"I have placed more than 20 orders in the last 5 years. Most of it was good. Then I recently placed an order for an item in stock. There website said if I purchased the item before midnight that I would receive it in two days. I live in the same state just an hour away from Midway. Two days later it said that it was being sent out for shipping. Then they changed by due date from 2 days to 4 days. A little later I looked at the shipping again and they changed it to 7 days out for an item that was in stock less than an hour away and guaranteed to arrive in two days. Not sure what has happened to midway, but my last few orders have had issues. This will be my last order. They have increased there shipping prices and now offer less than reliable services.

"I have been ordering from Midwayusa for years without a problem. 10 days ago I ordered from them and they shipped it to the wrong address. After a couple emails to customer service their answer to me is if the package doesn't get returned to them they keep my money and I never receive my items.

I thought the idea was ridiculous so I called customer service to complain. After some back and forth with their employee I asked him if the package never gets return if I was SOL. His exact response to me was "That's a dim way of looking at it but yes that is correct."

Now it is my responsibility to contact the people living at that address and see if I can get them to return the package or I have to start fighting to save my $300. Either way I'll never order from Midwayusa again.

"I'm surprised at several low ratings. Have been buying from Midway for almost 20 years. Their prices are good, shipping is reasonable. Midway didn't participate in the price gouging that occurred within the past year. They ship their products very quickly and also process any returns the same way. They stand behind what they sell. This is a very legit business that practices very high standards in their dealings.

I have never ordered any backordered items though, but only items that are in stock.

"Ordered ammo on Wednesday night; it was shipped on Thursday and it arrived by Friday. The price was excellent and the shipping was perfect. Thank you. "

"Ordered in Jan 2013. received all items except a couple of cheap hats to use up a visa gift card. then tacked on 10.00 bucks on my CC to complete my purchase. OK fine....
Back order on the hats 8 months. Wow. Not that big of deal since I didn't need them. The thing that ticks me off is the outrageous shipping. They shipped these separately and charged me twice. So two 5 and 6 dollar hats cost me a combined total of 30.00. FU MIDWAY!!! Your Drop ship is over inflated and sucks.

modified review This review was modified by tanner258 on August 15 2013 04:46:21 PM

"I would like to personally thank you for letting me order something December of 2012 and it say it would be here December 27th and I could still use it as a gift, but it not arrive. Then it go to a major backorder and never hear from you again. I chat after December and am told it will here in January. Great. I have a birthday that month for same person and can use it for that. But doesn't arrive. That's 1 Christmas and 1 Birthday ruined. I chat. It will be here March. Nope and no communication from you either, gain. I contact again. It will be here. Nope. I contact again. What the website says is when it will be here - I am told. The website says it is not arriving ever. So, I contact and am told that is correct and my order has been cancelled. I now have to rearrange all my plans and purchase something else because I can't get the product to go with it. So, I do. And last night at 10pm you send me an email telling me you shipped my item. It's 8 months later!!! Without even asking me if I still want the product and telling me my order had been cancelled. When I contact to complain about this, I'm told I have to waste my time to fill out a form, I assume print it (paper and ink), drive to the PO (gas), and return it (time) all at my expense and get reimbursed later. Are you kidding me? Why are you shipping me something 8 months later anyway? Where is your communication, your customer service, your intelligence? You ruined Christmas, Birthdays, my day today, and to top it off charged me for the item last night when I have a kid going to college next week who needs things and I can't afford to spend anything else right now. So, you ruined that, too. Great timing, as always. I am so irate. I don't even have words. All I can is tell everyone had badly you have messed this up and to think I need to even return this 8 months later and my own expense is a joke. Tooth and nail I fought and you won't cover my shipping. How horrid is that? Pretty darn horrid. Shame on you. Everything else I ordered from you was garbage anyway."

modified review This review was modified by gwtterry on August 06 2013 09:16:28 AM

"Have to say I'm more than a little disappointed in placing my order with Midway. Ordered an item that was on backorder and assured it would ship in 5-8 weeks because of high demand. Okay, what can you do when everybody out there is saying the same thing? So lo and behold 8 weeks later I check in and am informed that no 5-8 weeks wasn't even close and that it will actually be more like 15-16 weeks before THEY receive the item much less ship it (mid to late September). So now I'm screwed and even if I order it from someone else I'm back to zero waiting at least 5-8 weeks again. They're done getting my business."

modified review This review was modified by cowboycoffee on August 02 2013 06:39:09 AM

"I've been trying to purchase hard to find ammo. I received the email which stated it was in. I signed in to make the purchase. It put 5 boxes in my cart then it says congratulations go to your email to confirm your order once there the order is now no longer available. I have done this 5 times with them. When I called to complain they said unfortunately that's how it works. I said that's a bait and switch scheme. The fact that the web site clocks you off is highly irregular and very deceptive. I have seen this before and it's always because they are selling it to their big friends which is not the way to do business. I even have the email concerning this.

When I go online to see if there are any other complaints and see complaints and then I see responses by individuals that take the time to counter the complaint with a small narrative, I become suspicious that it is an insider of the organization responding to the complaint. This should raise your awareness as well. Doing business with people in the right manner is a reasonable response not trying to bash the individual that tells the truth regardless of his or her writing skills.

This said I won't bother with them anymore I think trying 5 times is enough so you make the call read and see if your willing to waste your time here or go elsewhere. Remember, everyday product is easy to receive its when you are trying to buy hard to get product and the fulfilment is rare or hard something is more than likely rotten.

Thanks

modified review This review was modified by steven-94793 on July 19 2013 08:38:55 AM

"Will not order from again. Yes, they have good prices, but not good enough to make up for horrible customer service.

After placing an order, i realized i wanted to add an additional item. I wanted to save on shipping, so i called in and sent an email. 5 days later, still no call back nor an email. When i called in on day 5, i was told that the order already shipped. The guy on the phone was unwilling to do anything, and could not explain to me why they had not followed up on a call.

The least they could have done is offer to help me out by discounting the shipping.

modified review This review was modified by WestonDahn on July 15 2013 09:20:22 AM

"I ordered a reloading press and extra turret back in February, 2013. Several notices were rec'd telling me the press was in, but extra turret was backordered. To save shipping costs, I told them to wait and ship both together as originally intended. Months passed and similar notices rec'd offering to ship press immediately, but turret still not in. Last notice indicated turret expected June 1. On July 1, I get email from company saying that new backorder policy is in effect and that if item has been in stock for over 90 days, they're going to ship and you're going to have to pay extra for backorder shipping if/when it comes in. I called and then wrote to explain situation. Despite their email insisting that this policy was in MY best interest, I pointed out that no, it was in the company's interest. Phone OP told me it was due to their warehouse being overloaded with previously ordered items, and most likely awaiting backordered items yet to be rec'd, like mine. I offered a solution ... that if an item was backordered for the same amount of time (90 days) that they were going to be shipping in-stock items, that they agree to ship backordered item free of charge when it arrived. I thought that fair and truly "customer friendly." It's not the customer's fault they continue to take orders from company's who are not reliably fulfilling their orders. Well, one phone call and several emails later from different customer service reps showed me plainly that no one was interested in hearing a practical solution and accommodating my request ... for an item I've been waiting for 5 months for. I told them ok ... ship the press, but cancel the extra turret. I will take my business elsewhere. What irks me is their insistence that this policy is to benefit the customer. Total BS. One rep wrote to say that customers want their backordered items to be shipped. Well, DUH. That is NOT the issue dumba**. You offer the customer the option to have their item shipped at least 1X / month. Who wouldn't want you to ship out an item immediately upon receiving? No ... it's the items we're waiting for to accompany a single order for which we've already paid a high average shipping cost for. I hate when people or a company assume you're a sheep, or worse ... a dumba**. I will only purchase this item from another company (whose advertised prices are lower than MidwayUSA's anyway). I won't say I will never do business with the company again, but I will check all other options first and use them only as a last resort ... and ONLY for items IN STOCK! I was really disappointed with this experience and the company's reaction/response."

"While in the past I have ordered from Midwayusa, I now find their shipping cost are out of line with other suppliers and can not no longer use them, the have began charging a good bit more than actual costs"

modified review This review was modified by rcott on June 30 2013 02:02:41 PM

"I was reluctant to order Ammo from Midway due to some bad reviews that I had read but, they were the only ones that claimed to have ammo in stock. I wnet a head and ordered 5 boxes. I was notified on the order, shipment and delivery. Got my order via UPS in 3 days. No complaint here. Good job MidwayUsa, "

"I have bought 9mm ammo and M&P magazines from Midway USA earlier this year. They provided exemplary service and shipping as promised. I buy from them whenever possible."

modified review This review was modified by sleepingdino on April 01 2013 10:58:28 AM

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MidwayUSA is not a merchant member
MidwayUSA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!