Stores > Microsoft Store

Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

2016-07-18

$50 gift code not received; inept or deceptive customer relations

"I purchased an XBox One Bundle that promised a $50 gift code. AFTER I paid for the product, I was informed in the receipt that the gift code would not be given to me immediately; instead the invoice stated "Your $50 Microsoft Store gift code will be delivered to your email address within 10 business days of purchase." So, after waiting 12 business days with NO GIFT code emailed to me, I phone Microsoft Store support. You would think that the world's greatest high tech company would be able to fix this situation right away, wouldn't you? Instead, I was told to wait three more days, for some reason, and if I still wasn't emailed a gift code, then I should call them back. Can you believe this? I have a feeling that Microsoft is doing this to a lot of customers and hoping they won't notice that their gift codes were never emailed to them.

Shame on Microsoft! I will look into Apple from now on.

2016-05-12

Manufacturers Warranty not honoured

"The first time I came across the Microsoft Store it was actually the result of a search for the HP Stream Tablet 8" - New.

On clicking through the link, it took me to Ebay, It's the product I wanted. it's Microsoft and HP, the product is new, everything should be OK right.

No. Wrong. Within a couple of months of usage, I started getting messages saying my warranty is out on such and such a date, Less then 5 months from receiving the unit, Extend Warranty at $. Was this then a new unit or second hand traded in as having a problem. Everything at that time was working OK, All I used it for at the time was an Ebook reader. Then I had a need for Internet Connection whilst out of town, the product came with a T'Mobile Sim and so much usage a month. On attempting to install SIM, I then found a problem, the SIM slot was faulty, maybe that's why the SIM was loose in the box when it arrived.

Now, you have to understand this is within 4 months of ownership of what should be a new product, it was advertised and sold as new with a years warranty.

On putting the question to HP, the manufacturer, about how to get Service I was told it's not covered, Items bought at an auction site, Ebay are not covered by a 12 month Warranty despite the product being bought not on an Auction but as buy at the advertised price from Microsoft's own Store within Ebay and new to boot.

On questioning Microsoft, I never had a reply. On questioning HP, they actually put it in writing that the product is not covered as having come from an Auction Site even though it's new and purchased at advertised price. HP did not want to know.

I have had multiple HP Laptops for the business and personal use. I have had over 30 desktops starting with the original HP-85 which by today's standards was a transportable, neither one nor the other. Never again will I buy HP nor use the Microsoft Store. It's now 10 months and some odd days since purchase, I should have at least 44 days warranty left from June 26th 2015 when I purchased. It actually ran out on 19th December 2015. I received delivery at end of June 2015.

No more for me.

This review was modified by n1581j on May 12 2016 08:48:46 AM

2016-04-29

Just hope you get it right the first time !

"Purchased a sweet laptop with great specs for a decent price... worked perfectly until I tried the GPU... then everything went wrong ! sent it back for an exchange.. the next thing I know.. the computer is out of stock and they just can't cut a deal on a same or better laptop... well they can go 200$ over what you payed for but every single laptop that is in this range has lower specs OR is out of stock !!! seriously !!! the worst online shopping experience I ever had !!!!! I hope nobody buys from them... I read these reviews before and hesitated... I should of just listen...

This review was modified by danny554 on April 29 2016 09:53:12 AM

2016-03-30

How are they still in business?

"Where shall I start...placed a simple order as a gift and everything seemed ok until I found I accidentally bought the wrong model (headphones). Well let's first comment...you would think as a leader and developer of software a simple cancel button would exist on a basic shopping cart. Nope. You have to call, I did and was told my order was not in the system yet, so I had to call back later.
After a couple of hours...called and was told my order was too far in processing to cancel. I was placed on hold for 15 minutes as they called the shipping department to stop the order from shipping, so I was told. A couple days later knock knock I have the item at my house. Really?? Called back to find out what happened and then they explained the return procedures. WOW! Let's hope I receive my refund and not be a casualty like so many reviews I've seen. I spoke to a supervisor and was offered a $20 gift card for a future purchase. I gladly declined it and informed him he had lost a customer...now I'm receiving spam calls from Microsoft about the order...awesome.

This review was modified by Urnotkool on March 30 2016 02:21:30 PM

2016-03-30

Truly shockingly bad

"Won't honor basic policies, agents lack basic competence. More scam than legitimate business at this point. "

2016-03-22

Unbelievably poor - 1 star seems too generous

"I don't think I've ever written on a review site in my life, but I am so staggered by the incompetence of Microsoft Store, I'm going to make an exception. Their systems are riven with ineptitude and, six months on, I'm still dealing with a badly processed order for a simple keyboard and HDMI cable. I will never make the mistake of using Microsoft Store again."

This review was modified by ClaireSLM on March 22 2016 02:32:11 AM

2016-02-26

Do not ever buy from Microsoft Online Store

"I bought two laptops from Microsoft Store online and I id like the material and wanted to return them. So I took them to the Microsoft Store in the Galleria Houston to return them and they processed the return an told me that it will take two weeks to be processed as they need to ship them the online store warehouse. It has been two months now and yet I have not received my refund. I went to the store three times and called the online store costumer service more than 15 times and I was on hold for hours every time I called and every time i have been told that I should receive my refund in 3-5 business days. I still have not received my refund yet and paid a lot of late fees and interest on my credit card. I really I don't know what to do."

This review was modified by haldmour on February 26 2016 03:29:55 PM

2016-02-04

Can't even place an order with Microsoft Online Store Canada - UPDATE

"I am changing my rating for the better slightly as I was able to discover the issue with this order on my own. The phone that I was trying to order had a glitch when trying to process the order in the shopping cart. Even the phone help line person was not able to process an order for this particular phone. I was able to order a different phone myself online without issue. It also arrived ahead of schedule. I am still not thrilled that this glitch was not able to be caught by their technical support and the hours I wasted trying to work through this. None the less all is good with the product so far and I will order from Microsoft again.

My original review below shows my frustration...

I just spent over 2 hours trying to order a windows phone. I used multiple browsers, cleared cache in between and spoke to 2 different Microsoft help people. Every time I input the shipping address and click next, it just kicks me back to that same page. The help staff spoke to online tech support and they say the online store is working fine. Then the help people each tried to place my order for me with the same result. If I can't even order one of their products what the heck is going to happen if I have an issue with that product if I am able to get it. Sorry Microsoft... you are too big and think too small to make it in this new world. Go take some lessons from Apple & Amazon on how to serve your customers.

This review was modified by KevinC600 on February 12 2016 08:35:57 AM

2016-01-28

EASY TO BUY NOT SO EASY TO RETURN

"I brought two surface Pro 3 's in Aug 2015, one has now become defective
I called to get it repaired under warranty and was put through to four different departments. Not one department talked to the other so I had to explain the whole thing each time taking around 15 mins each. The last time I was put through to a different department I said is this some kind of joke so that you go around in circles and not have to replace anything. The guy just hung up on me. DO NOT purchase anything from this store. It is made so easy to buy if if you have any problems you will not get any satifaction. I am now stuck with a $2400 broken lap top. BEWARE

This review was modified by sharonJackson on January 28 2016 07:05:50 PM

2016-01-13

They censor their reviews to only reflect positive reviews

"I wrote a scathing review of their Assure premium tech support product which they promptly rejected for no stated reason. If you want to buy MS stuff just get it from somewhere else because their reviews are all lies and fluff. I had a few orders and had generally good delivery times and communication but fake reviews makes this site a no go. Maybe stick to Amazon who has more real reviews than fake. At least they are not behind their fake reviews."

2016-01-12

I hate leaving bad reviews, but I was unsatisfied with the online Microsoft Store

"I talked to an associate to complain about receiving a broken product. He was very nice to me; however, he offered me no satisfactory solution. He just directed to a page to give feedback. It left me feeling empty handed. This was my first order from the Microsoft Store. I'm astounded that they did not have better customer service, or rather, customer policies.

When I've shopped at other stores they would offer me credit to compensate me for my time. I didn't wnat a refund, or an exchange, just some sort of compensation maybe. A coupon for my next purchase? I don't know, but it felt like talking to the Microsoft associate, I was kinda talking into the wind, because he probably couldn't do much beyond what he did. His hands were tied, and I don't blame him. He was courteous to me.

Yet it was all very convoluted, and by the end of it, after spending all that time, I felt dissatisfied. I don't want to be a bitter customer, who complaints at every corner, but receiving a broken product, and getting no compensation is not really acceptable. Especially from a company as large as Microsoft.

However, I have to say one thing, shipping was very fast. (5 days!) But a broken product shipped fast is not something I really wanted...

Anyway, maybe your individual experience will differ. I hope you can judge for yourself. My rating is only indicative of my personal experience. That's all.

2016-01-07

"What a pathetic excuse for a "professional" company. I ordered a laptop from them on the 1st of January and received zero correspondence from them following the initial order confirmation. My account showed that I had never even placed any order on their site when I tried to see the status. On the 7th, I received an email from them saying they shipped my item. I have been out of town, so I was hoping I could reschedule the delivery with the carrier once I was given a tracking number. Like I said, I received that email on the 7th.... and the tracking number with UPS said it was delivered on the 5th. So I received the shipping email a full 2 days after it was already delivered... And left at the front door no less. What a joke. "

This review was modified by Frladyz on January 07 2016 10:47:35 PM

2016-01-06

"The order was easy and the price was fair. My only issue is that I live chatted with Microsoft customer service today since the order said "in process" and I was of the impression it had not even left the facility. The chat person said it could take up to 10 days total and up to 4 days to leave the facility. However the site said 3 to 5 days in total. That said though this chat person was wrong. We received the Xbox One hours later. "

This review was modified by annearendt on January 06 2016 02:48:00 PM

2015-12-19

"Order a laptop on December 12th, got an email with confirmation, got charged immediately, another email received on the 14th, item ready for UPS and nothing happened.
Call costumer service, lots of BS, I want my laptop, more bla bla bla, no luck
December 18th, got an email, MS wants me to buy the same item but for $50 less.
I called again, ok, we will try to give you the difference back, we will try...what about my laptop? Still ready for UPS, maybe UPS stop working? Or they cant pick something that doesn't exist?
I told costumer service that I want to cancel my order, can't, not shipped.
Why? No ones knows.
Anyone can give me a email address to contact someone in Microsoft Corp? They need help.
I say, Microsoft Online Store is a scheme, a way to charge people for dust!
They charge me 1 week ago for something that I don't have and is neither shipped.
If I would have means I would take them to court! Bandits!
And in the meanwhile I will not have the laptop for Christmas. Unless I get a Mac.
Stars for MS? Minus many galaxies of stars!

UPDATE: My items went from ready for UPS to delivered in 1 day...one of the persons that I spoke in Costumer Service send me an email asking for confirmation on the delivery...the item was delivered on the 7th day.
In the end I got my items on time but still disappointed for the lack of information during the process.

This review was modified by victorconceicao on December 23 2015 04:53:35 PM

2015-12-18

"Worst online shopping experience ever! Customer service lies! They tell me I cannot cancel my order because it doesn't have a tracking number! This is after an order was place more than 2 weeks ago and still not shipped yet. Spoke to two different reps, same story. Finally the product shipped, and of course, they cannot cancel it because it's shipped! Will never buy from them again."

This review was modified by egyh on December 18 2015 07:23:25 AM

Share Microsoft Store's store rating

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!