Product & services pricing Rating 3.64/10 3.64/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.25/10 2.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10

"I had the worst experience dealing with Microsoft store online. I ordered a product at around 8:20 am this morning and after reading the specs decided to cancel the order 5 minutes later (the sales rep told me the laptop had Bluetooth and it did not).
I called to cancel, the new rep then told me not a problem and I will receive a refund in two weeks also an email will be sent to me for confirmation. I waited till around 2pm that day, no email.
I called back Microsoft and the third person then told me the second person was mistaken and I will have to first receive the product, pay money to send it back the wait for it to be processed to get my proceeds back. I find it outrageous that a tech savvy company like Microsoft cannot stop an order from leaving the warehouse 5min after the order was placed. That they have to further inconvenient their customers by telling them to receive a package they do not want and to pay extra for that said package to return it only to wait longer still before you get your money back. This is crazy that my refund is delayed days or weeks because they now need a tracking number. I had to raise a fuss before the rep agreed to look out for the tracking number and cancel it them, this could take up to a week. At the time of writing this 3:26 pm I still did not receive an email confirming any of this– why was this not first suggested? Why did I have to first get upset before they agree not to send me something I do not want?
My answer to both questions is bad customer service the rep did not want to take responsibility and handle the issue, they wanted to pass it on to the next person Please remember I cancelled the order 5 min after ordering it – 5 MIN.
This is the first time dealing with Microsoft and it will be the last. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE.

modified review This review was modified by lionofone on December 18 2014 01:31:49 PM

"I have made 2 purchases at Microsoft Store.

The first was Lumia 635 that they took a long time to ship.

The second was an HP Stream 13 that I got because they're basically the only ones who have it in stock. They did not honor their promos, and their support is beyond useless.

Their support is Indian based and can't do anything for you as a customer. They just give you the runaround and try to get you off the phone by telling you something is going to take 5-7 days.

I'd return the item, but they'd probably screw up refunding me the money leaving me in the same position minus a laptop. It was honestly the WORST customer service experience I've ever encountered.

"They don't send e-mails when items are back ordered like every other on-line store does. They have no visibility on when backordered items may arrive in the warehouse even if it's a Microsoft product. There are easier places to shop to get the same items. The sales reps are nice and try to be helpful but the company does not support them with the information that customers want (when can I expect my product?)"

"They don't ship item as quick as other retail stores do. I ordered and paid for a phone online, they didn't even handover phone to fedex for shipping (it says lable created) for four days. Upon calling Microsoft they said FedEx is very busy, didn't pick up shipment. Upon calling fedex, they said they never received any request from Microsoft. Shameful for such a big company and they want to complete other retailers.... Good luck.
They said "your review has been moderated because it did not meet all our website guidelines" because it was not in their favour.. any way good luck

modified review This review was modified by Dashar on December 14 2014 02:00:10 PM

"Avoid Microsoft Store. I ordered a tablet on December 1. Specified 2-day shipping. A shipping label was created but the product never shipped. After three phone calls I finally get an email on Dec. 12 that the order cannot be filled. They offer to recorder the product or give me a refund. Guess which option I selected. "

modified review This review was modified by rich500 on December 12 2014 09:02:05 PM

"I usually do online shopping but Microsoft is awful. You can find less prices on Microsoft online store but DON'T trust their service. I submitted an order on Black Friday (for FIFA 15 & Earbuds) but because of their website, I didn't received confirmation email. I called them but they duplicated my order and I was charged twice. After several phone calls I could cancel one of them (I haven't received refund yet). Then I received two different shipping notifications with the same tracking number! but I received one package including only FIFA 15. I called them again and they said they didn't know what happened with the second item! I am still waiting for the Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds!"

modified review This review was modified by AlirezaSH on December 06 2014 07:05:17 AM

"Shocking and shady.... They "moderated" my review because it was negative and "didn't meet their criterion". Here it is:
****************************
Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Thanks again,
Microsoft Store

Disappointed
I ordered FIFA 15 for XBOX 360 on 11/29/14 as a Christmas gift for my son. It was half price, a great deal, which was offered through numerous other vendors. I chose Microsoft store for their reputation. However..... after several days I had not received a shipping notification, so I checked online and to my chagrin, the item is now showing as "back ordered". I contacted customer service and said I would like to make sure we would receive it by Christmas. The rep said it should take about 2 weeks for it to be back in stock, but that she could NOT guarantee arrival by Christmas. This is extremely disappointing, as I had numerous options to buy it elsewhere for half price. But now everyone is selling it for full price, so I do not have the option of canceling with Microsoft Store and purchasing at the same discounted price as everyone's Black Friday" deal. I cannot say yet whether or not it will arrive by Christmas, but I am not happy. If it does not get here in time, I will be demanding a full refund and never purchase from Microsoft store again.

Microsoft respects your privacy. Please view our online Privacy Statement . To set your contact preferences for other Microsoft communications, see the communications preferences section of the Microsoft Privacy Statement.

This email was sent by: Microsoft
One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA, 98052, USA

modified review This review was modified by GamerDad on December 05 2014 09:22:19 AM

"Worst online shopping experience... and I shop a whole lot! I decided to buy my products through Microsoft... they weren't priced better anywhere else, so why not? I will tell you why not. If you ordered from anywhere you would receive it in a couple of days... I ordered a surface 7 days ago and still haven't received it. I should have bought from Best Buy - price was the same and they ship almost always by the next day. Shame on you Microsoft."

modified review This review was modified by shopshopshop05 on December 04 2014 05:48:40 AM

"My computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing."

modified review This review was modified by GarySwing on November 20 2014 08:00:12 AM

"It's shipping service is pretty bad at-least with my first experience (second experience it was overnight shipping), refund process is okay. First time I asked to cancel an order while in transmit, it didn't go through, and my second order it did go through though."

modified review This review was modified by hellator on November 20 2014 11:32:56 AM

"I placed an order for an xbox one about a week ago - it was a very easy process. I wanted to change the ship to address on it so it doesn't sit on my doorstep when it gets delivered. I went to the site to chat about it first, the rep started by asking me if she understood me correctly by writing my question back to me... What??? I just wrote it, doesn't get much clearer than that. It took over a minute for her to respond to me after I answered her questions, so I gave up and exited chat - for someone who works at computer company, she typed slow as hell (or they had her chatting with 15 people at the same time) either way, not great CS there. So I decided to call instead, where they did the same thing and asked my question back to me- this really isn't rocket science, all I want to do is change the shipping address on my order. This person took all the new shipping information and then informed me that they don't ship to commercial addresses - uhm, yeah you do, how do you get your products into the stores? Then she told me that it was too far along in the order process to change the address... my order will not ship for over a week, it's not supposed to be in stock, so what is the problem?? Then she told me that she could change the shipping address, but I would have to cancel the order and start again. WHAT?? This make sense to anyone else? I told her she wasn't cancelling anything - and that she was going to have to request signature required on the order so it doesn't sit on my doorstep all day. Microsoft, you need to simplify - this was a Yes or No question that ended up taking up 30 minutes of my day. All i want to do is make sure no one steals my stuff - easier for me and, in the long run, easier for Microsoft. I hope, with all my heart, that nothing is wrong with this thing when it gets here, I can't imagine having to deal with these people about a serious problem..."

modified review This review was modified by ONDINEXY on October 25 2014 11:19:28 AM

"We went to the Microsoft store in Scottsdale, AZ. Ann help in our purchase, because of her our Grandson is going to have a wonderful birthday. Thank you Ann at Scottsdale Microsoft store."

modified review This review was modified by Tabby-cat on October 12 2014 02:36:55 PM

"I bought a laptop in May this year from Microsoft Online Store and it died before I had it 30 days. Hard drive was bad. I called MS and they told me I had to go thru ASUS and unfortunately I felt for their assurance that ASUS would make it right. To make a long story short, it was repaired twice and died the day after I got it back (motherboard and hard drive) needed. I had actual possession of the laptop 46 days and ASUS wanted to give me a re-certified replacement when they couldn't fix mine 3 different times. Spoke with MS several times (6 or 7 times) once promised a refund but I didn't have laptop, ASUS did. Now I have it unfixed and MS refuses to call me back. Stay away from both companies. Neither stands behind their products or ones they sell."

"Horrible! The store did not deliver my products, and would not give me a refund. I have recently ordered the Surface Pro 3 from the Australian Microsoft store and 10 days later (which is the promised delivery period), the delivery company didn't even receive the products from them. I called customer service and a supervisor told me that they have lost the products and need to find it first. And he could not give me an estimated delivery time because he said he didn't know when they will find it. So currently I just want my money refunded to me. I asked the supervisor whether he can give me a refund and he said he can only give a refund 5 - 7 days after the products were found. What?! "After the products have been found" is not really a promise though! That just means it could be forever and I might never get my money back! Th product was not mailed so it is Microsoft's responsibility to find the product and I should not have to wait for the products to be found right? Plus if I wait too long I cannot even get a chargeback from my bank (normally you have to do it within 30 days). So now they lost my Surface 3 products (yes, they lost it, because the delivery company didn't even get it), and will not refund me money. My only way is to probably get a chargeback from my bank. This is ridiculous. Blatantly scamming my money."

modified review This review was modified by mrnatemare on September 25 2014 06:08:58 PM

"What a horrible experience. DON'T bother ordering from them. I ordered my PRO 3 on expedited shipping (Paid Extra) and find out on day of delivery that UPS can't deliver because microsoft didn't send right documentation. I spend 2 hours with the support and all they could do in the end is escalate the ticket. Here is the best part (Expedited shipping is suppose to be 2 days) there supposed escalation team can take 1 - 3 days before responding. It takes them that long to provide service to someone who has already paid. They don't care now that they have the money. All support is off shore so those guys can't do anything about it except send an email. THE WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. STILL NO RESOLUTION. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Easier to go to bestbuy etc."

modified review This review was modified by tariqchaudhry81 on September 25 2014 03:11:26 PM

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!