Stores > Microsoft Store

Customer service: Rating 0.37/10 0.37/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

2016-02-04

Can't even place an order with Microsoft Online Store Canada

"I just spent over 2 hours trying to order a windows phone. I used multiple browsers, cleared cache in between and spoke to 2 different Microsoft help people. Every time I input the shipping address and click next, it just kicks me back to that same page. The help staff spoke to online tech support and they say the online store is working fine. Then the help people each tried to place my order for me with the same result. If I can't even order one of their products what the heck is going to happen if I have an issue with that product if I am able to get it. Sorry Microsoft... you are too big and think too small to make it in this new world. Go take some lessons from Apple & Amazon on how to serve your customers."

This review was modified by KevinC600 on February 04 2016 06:17:35 AM

2016-01-28

EASY TO BUY NOT SO EASY TO RETURN

"I brought two surface Pro 3 's in Aug 2015, one has now become defective
I called to get it repaired under warranty and was put through to four different departments. Not one department talked to the other so I had to explain the whole thing each time taking around 15 mins each. The last time I was put through to a different department I said is this some kind of joke so that you go around in circles and not have to replace anything. The guy just hung up on me. DO NOT purchase anything from this store. It is made so easy to buy if if you have any problems you will not get any satifaction. I am now stuck with a $2400 broken lap top. BEWARE

This review was modified by sharonJackson on January 28 2016 07:05:50 PM

2016-01-13

They censor their reviews to only reflect positive reviews

"I wrote a scathing review of their Assure premium tech support product which they promptly rejected for no stated reason. If you want to buy MS stuff just get it from somewhere else because their reviews are all lies and fluff. I had a few orders and had generally good delivery times and communication but fake reviews makes this site a no go. Maybe stick to Amazon who has more real reviews than fake. At least they are not behind their fake reviews."

2016-01-12

I hate leaving bad reviews, but I was unsatisfied with the online Microsoft Store

"I talked to an associate to complain about receiving a broken product. He was very nice to me; however, he offered me no satisfactory solution. He just directed to a page to give feedback. It left me feeling empty handed. This was my first order from the Microsoft Store. I'm astounded that they did not have better customer service, or rather, customer policies.

When I've shopped at other stores they would offer me credit to compensate me for my time. I didn't wnat a refund, or an exchange, just some sort of compensation maybe. A coupon for my next purchase? I don't know, but it felt like talking to the Microsoft associate, I was kinda talking into the wind, because he probably couldn't do much beyond what he did. His hands were tied, and I don't blame him. He was courteous to me.

Yet it was all very convoluted, and by the end of it, after spending all that time, I felt dissatisfied. I don't want to be a bitter customer, who complaints at every corner, but receiving a broken product, and getting no compensation is not really acceptable. Especially from a company as large as Microsoft.

However, I have to say one thing, shipping was very fast. (5 days!) But a broken product shipped fast is not something I really wanted...

Anyway, maybe your individual experience will differ. I hope you can judge for yourself. My rating is only indicative of my personal experience. That's all.

2016-01-07

"What a pathetic excuse for a "professional" company. I ordered a laptop from them on the 1st of January and received zero correspondence from them following the initial order confirmation. My account showed that I had never even placed any order on their site when I tried to see the status. On the 7th, I received an email from them saying they shipped my item. I have been out of town, so I was hoping I could reschedule the delivery with the carrier once I was given a tracking number. Like I said, I received that email on the 7th.... and the tracking number with UPS said it was delivered on the 5th. So I received the shipping email a full 2 days after it was already delivered... And left at the front door no less. What a joke. "

This review was modified by Frladyz on January 07 2016 10:47:35 PM

2016-01-06

"The order was easy and the price was fair. My only issue is that I live chatted with Microsoft customer service today since the order said "in process" and I was of the impression it had not even left the facility. The chat person said it could take up to 10 days total and up to 4 days to leave the facility. However the site said 3 to 5 days in total. That said though this chat person was wrong. We received the Xbox One hours later. "

This review was modified by annearendt on January 06 2016 02:48:00 PM

2015-12-19

"Order a laptop on December 12th, got an email with confirmation, got charged immediately, another email received on the 14th, item ready for UPS and nothing happened.
Call costumer service, lots of BS, I want my laptop, more bla bla bla, no luck
December 18th, got an email, MS wants me to buy the same item but for $50 less.
I called again, ok, we will try to give you the difference back, we will try...what about my laptop? Still ready for UPS, maybe UPS stop working? Or they cant pick something that doesn't exist?
I told costumer service that I want to cancel my order, can't, not shipped.
Why? No ones knows.
Anyone can give me a email address to contact someone in Microsoft Corp? They need help.
I say, Microsoft Online Store is a scheme, a way to charge people for dust!
They charge me 1 week ago for something that I don't have and is neither shipped.
If I would have means I would take them to court! Bandits!
And in the meanwhile I will not have the laptop for Christmas. Unless I get a Mac.
Stars for MS? Minus many galaxies of stars!

UPDATE: My items went from ready for UPS to delivered in 1 day...one of the persons that I spoke in Costumer Service send me an email asking for confirmation on the delivery...the item was delivered on the 7th day.
In the end I got my items on time but still disappointed for the lack of information during the process.

This review was modified by victorconceicao on December 23 2015 04:53:35 PM

2015-12-18

"Worst online shopping experience ever! Customer service lies! They tell me I cannot cancel my order because it doesn't have a tracking number! This is after an order was place more than 2 weeks ago and still not shipped yet. Spoke to two different reps, same story. Finally the product shipped, and of course, they cannot cancel it because it's shipped! Will never buy from them again."

This review was modified by egyh on December 18 2015 07:23:25 AM

2015-12-12

"Worst online shopping ever, period.
No response since the order was confirmed. Have to call them to ask after five days, then received an email that completely like alien language. No way to reply or email back.

This review was modified by hh001 on December 12 2015 07:42:42 PM

2015-12-08

"Item was marked to ship on 12/06/2015 but that day came and went. Called Ms order support on 12/02/2015 (MS Store Service Request 1315636904) (1-877-696-7786) and was told that it was ready to ship on 12/06/2015. Again that day came and went and nothing. Today 12/08/2018 and call again and after 22 min, the representative told me that the item is still "pending" and no explanation why. The item I requested is showing that is in stock but he didn't know why it hasn't shipped. All he can do is "escalate my case and someone will call me within 24 hours. I asked if there was any other Surface 4 PRO he can replace it with and he said "not without a new order". I forgot to mention, they already collected the money from my Paypal account.. Why ? The item hasn't shipped and Paypal only releases the money if the store marks the item as shipped. I requested to talk to a supervisor and had to wit 15 min on the phone. I talked to supervisor "Andrew" who still didn't have no explanation as of why the product has not shipped even though it shows that is in stock. He said that all he can do is to escalate the case and someone will call me back. He created Case# 1316726756 and the conversation ended. This is the worst support call I have ever experienced . I will never buy from them ever again and will make sure no one I know will too. "

2015-12-05

"This place is a joke. Ordered 11/25, charged 11/28, and no other movement on the order. It has not even been processed, yet the card was charged over a week ago. Tried to call and cancel, and can't get anyone on the phone, and their call back system apparently is just another way to get people to hang up. I have already purchased the ordered product elsewhere, and received it. It's no wonder Microsoft is losing market share in every division they are a part of.

Update: on queue, the order is finally processed after yet another horrible review for these people.

This review was modified by Thunder_PC on December 05 2015 07:06:27 PM

2015-12-05

"Unless you are a microsoft freak avoid them at all costs. Item not in stock at store had to be ordered. They said it would arrive in 3-7 days. 4 days later checked the site and the item had not shipped. Called customer service, got an overseas person on the phone. Clueless. Disconnected me. Typical. All I wanted to know is when will I get my order. Sounds simply eh? Not for MS. They kept reading to me from a script. BS. I was then told the item would arrive in three days. Called three days later, Item had not shipped. Told it would ship next day. More BS. Bottom line, order arrive two weeks later. Total time from order date: three weeks. Never again. I'll stay with amazon. Screw MS and Gates"

This review was modified by silvermount on December 05 2015 06:11:51 AM

2015-12-04

"I will add my voice to the chorus of critical reviews. I normally do my research on vendors before I order but failed to with this Microsoft purchase because I thought that I had the protections that come with dealing with a larger company. I mean, it's not like I was buying something out of the back of a mini van, right? The ordering process itself went well and they certainly charged my credit card quickly and efficiently. In fact, I got an email within a couple of days notifying me of shipment. All was well until the actual shipment arrived and most of it was missing. They had only shipped one game out of an order of 2 games, an Xbox 1 console and a controller. After 30 minutes on hold with customer support, I spoke to someone I can guess was offshore. MS has probably outsourced their support. Her customer service strategy was to read the same two lines of a script over and over again. Surprisingly, that did nothing to resolve the issue or make me a happy customer. I'm fine if it takes a little longer to fulfill my order, just communicate to me throughout the process. Also, MS really needs to better equip their employees. This person was clearly out of her league and not knowledgeable or empowered enough to actually do anything to resolve my concerns."

This review was modified by sparky9-44482 on December 04 2015 01:46:53 PM

2015-12-03

"Worst experience I ever had. There is no customer service at all, you have to wait 45 min to an hour on the phone to get somebody from India to tell you, "you can't cancel your order" even though your order haven't ship yet. Its been a whole week and my order haven't ship and they already charged my card. Stay away from the microsoft store , go to walmart or order from amazon, new egg or somewere else."

This review was modified by mrfrank431 on December 03 2015 09:45:11 PM

2015-12-01

"If I could give negative stars I would. After placing Cyber Monday online orders at microsoftstore.com, and I waited the amount of time to receive the download code. I never received the code in an email. I called their customer service, and was informed that they cancelled the order. After an hour on the phone a new order was placed. I then waited for the email with the download code again. I called my credit card company, and was told the charge was approved and there should be no problems. I called customer service again, and again cancelled. After a lot of run around a third order was placed, and cancelled again. All of this at the fault of Micrsoft. They asked if I would like to place it again. I said NO, and that I would not be ordering from them again. If anyone has an Xbox that need something, go to GameStop where they will always take care of a gamer's needs. I should have gone there instead of looking for a discount."

Share Microsoft Store's store rating

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!