Stores > Microsoft Store
  • Microsoft Store

Product & services pricing Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Microsoft Store by clicking a star below.
2017-06-21

Would give 0 stars if I could

"This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with a company. They are so incompetent at every step of the operation it's almost impressive that they're still in business. My warning is simple: if you can avoid, do so.

I won't write the whole story but I'll try to give a quick summary. I ordered a PC game online, and the order never went through, although they never told me that! I called them and they said I must wait "5-7 business days" before something is wrong and they will investigate the issue. After about 8 business days I called and spent literally 2.5 hours on the phone. I was put on hold at least 10 times for up to 25 minutes at a time, and the interaction involved at least 5 representatives and as many transfers. At each stage there was no hand-off so I had to re-explain the issue and go through a process involving confirmation that I was who I said I was.

I hoped this was the end of my saga but issues on their end continued to fail at EVERY STEP OF THE WAY and every step took the same "5-7 business days" before something is wrong and they will investigate the issue. So long story short, I dealt with the company through multiple phone calls, representatives, and failures on their end FOR 6 WEEKS before I finally got my refund. Honestly this almost seems illegal.

They wasted so much money in personnel costs on this one very simple issue that I can't imagine how they are still in business. In fact, isn't Microsoft a relatively respected brand? Baffling. I will never shop with them again and will warn everyone I know to stay away.

2017-06-20

Don't go by MS name - they are Like any other third rated online store

"I ordered for a dell xps laptop on the 11th of June 2017. Very next day, got a mail from Ms with the FedEx shipping number and that's it.
When I called fedex , they said only the shipping label is created and the product is not handed over.
I called up MS store support atleast 6 times till today, but no updates. All they do is create support ticket and nothing else.
Now my money is gone and am not sure when I will get the product.
Absolutely unprofessional customer support

2017-04-24

The most horrible support for their Online Store.

"I've called twice today to activate their Microsoft Complete warranty on my 2 ASUS T102HA Signature tablets. I purchased in December with the warranty and now I have a crack on both tablets. The first support staff told me that I would have to go to the nearest store which is over 200 miles from me in Tyson Corner ( Virginia) I'm in Richmond, VA. She sent me over to a supervisor and the phone disconnected. By the way it took one half for the call back. I called a second time and got a man and he stated he didn't work in that department and sent me over supposedly to Consumer Affairs Department. I was on hold for 65 minutes and ,I finally hung up on the elevator music. This is the worst experience I've had with any online order. Next time I'll purchase from a more competent group at Amazon. They need to honor their warranty and I'm not driving 200 miles after I've already paid for the Microsoft Complete Warranty. I am a former Purchasing Professional and this is outrageous. Can I get a call from the President /Supervisor or any responsible person at that company,"

Niagara Falls, NY / Toronto, ON
2017-03-31

Order under review.

"This store holds orders for more than 4 hours to review orders. DO not buy from them if your in a rush."

2017-02-16

Guilty until proven innocent!

"Purchase a surface book from Microsoft Store on 23 Jan 2017, has not yet arrived! UPS have lost it and apparently investigating. Whilst the investigation is underway I am apparently not entitled to receive the goods purchased or a refund! I can only conclude that I am considered guilty of actually having received the goods and am being dishonest by telling Microsoft I have not received anything.

When I consider my options for seeking legal recourse it get's difficult because Microsoft Store is a company registered in Ireland.

All I want is to receive is the laptop I purchased or a refund!. As it is Microsoft, I can only conclude that at some point this will be resolved because I ultimately did not receive the laptop and UPS's investigation will prove it, but buyers beware of Microsoft's position in such a scenario.

I will not be buying from their on-line store again and presumption of guilt is apparently an acceptable position to adopt by the mighty Microsoft and so far I have not been able to do anything about it..... but I will persevere!

2017-01-29

Software

"Recently purchased Microsoft Office software. Works great no problems with purchase or instalation. "

2016-12-20

BUYER BEWARE!

"Ordered 8" tablet on Dec 9th, received confirmation and UPS tracking # the same day.

Tracking 10 days later still says label created but not picked up by UPS???

Called 3 or 4 times and service agents were not able or willing to inform me what the problem
with delivery was?

Their customer service stinks!

2016-12-19

never recieved microsoft rewards

"on 11-24-16 I purchased a xbox one s the promo that week was buy thru Microsoft account and receive 60 reward points for each dollar spentI have called 4 times and each rep gave me a different answer.I never got the rewards,if I didn't buy this as a gift I would of returned it to a store I will never buy anything from them again.It baffles me a company like this is instructed to lie to consumers............."

2016-12-19

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

"Ordered a Surface pro 4 online. Called to make a small changed to the order. They end up shipping and BILLING me the same order twice. Still waiting 3+ weeks to see a refund. Not sure I ever will. "

2016-12-12

Horrible service, stay away.

"I bought a surface pro 4 bundle with a free type cover on Nov 27 2016. The very next day the same bundle had a free sleeve. I talked to the customer service about this. They said I would have to cancel the previous order and create a new order. So I cancelled the previous order and created a new one, but, alas, the 1st order had already shipped, which I would have to return. They couldn't have shipped the sleeve separately? Why go through hassle of cancelling 1st one and create a 2nd one?

Well, The 1st order came fine. The 2nd order, which was supposed to reach my home on 2nd Dec, did not. Fedex tracking said they had delivered to my home, and yet, there was no package. So, I called up MicrosoftStore support and told them about the missing package. They escalated the case internally. Even after 8 days, there was no update from them. I thought that perhaps the package was stolen from my doorstep and that I had lost the 1000$ item. Get this: They deliver a 1000$ package with "no signature required".

After 8 days, a couple came to my house to deliver the package. Fedex had dropped it off at their place. They had called Fedex to let them know about the wrong delivery. Fedex said that they would send someone to pick it up and no one came. Therefore, the couple had to bring it to our house personally.

I just can't believe the service of both these companies. At this time, I am returning both of these orders. What a hassle. Just to get a sleeve!

2016-11-29

Dont buy from them anymore!

"So I ordered a street hopper music system as soon as they posted for Black Friday, as item was in stock. Four days later I checked and it said Backordered. They were also still selling item. I tried to email , but you cant. I tried to call and they have this new magic system that you can use with your Smartphone with a link and no app. Great it brings you back to the same website where you cant do anything. I called, 34 minute wait. Press 3 to have a callback, pressed 3 but the system couldn't here me press the the 3. Cancelled order. Done with Microsoft for selling stuff they don't HAVE! They used to be good, not so much anymore!"

2016-11-27

Will never buy from again

"I ordered a raspberry Pi bundle : rasp Pi + flash card+case + power adaptor for $75

The power adaptor was never shipped. The packing slip showed all parts except the adaptor. At first I thought that I had incorrectly read that the adaptor was included in the bundle but sure enough it was.

I called to inquire and was told that they were out of inventory. After an hour on the phone, was told that they would give me a $5 credit for the store that expires in 3 months. The problem is the adaptor retails for $10.

I think they should have either sent me an adaptor when they received some more inventory as this was part of the original bundle or give me enough credit to purchase one without any additional cost to me.

Very shoddy.

2016-10-25

SCAMMERS

"OH a new post - GREAT - I WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW that MICROSOFT - AKA SCAMSOFT / BING has SCAMMED MY KIDS & I out of 60,000 REWARD POINTS, and even closed my 1 kids account for NO REASON , my name wasn't even on his account as the guardian . SCAMMERS , THEY CAN SUSPEND U AND TAKE UR POINTS FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT A REASON, the CATCH IS they DONT SUSPEND U AND TAKE UR POINTS UNTIL YOU TRY TO REDEEM THEM, other than that if you have an account and are in violation THAT IS OK WITH THEM AS LONG AS YOUR USING CLICKS ON THEIR PROGRAM, but as soon as YOU TRY TO REDEEM THEY SUSPEND U"

2016-10-03

Don't buy digital Xbox gift cards on line!

" I purchased a $50 digital Xbox gift card for my grandson online at the Microsoft store. Within minutes my PayPal account had paid them $50. I received an email from PayPal and also an email from Microsoft with the order confirmation. The digital gift card is supposed to be sent to the email address listed on the order form. After 24 hours we had not received anything. After numerous phone calls to Microsoft support and being handed around to different extensions and having to tell the story over again each time I spent a total of 57 minutes on the phone at one time and nothing was resolved. I called back this morning as we still had not received anything and was given to a person in a department that finally refunded my $50 to my PayPal account. I have been told yesterday that they didn't do refunds on digital gift cards. I understand that if you had received it! They never could tell me what happened to the order even though I had received confirmation.
it would've been nice to get some resolution the first time instead of talking to over eight different people telling the story again and again. I went up to Safeway and bought a $50 Xbox card from their gift card tree and everything's good! never again will I use Microsoft online store.

2016-09-22

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

" I purchased a Surface Pro 4 on Microsoft Store's website and chose 'express' shipping at a cost of £10 extra, which claimed to dispatch the following day.
When I didn't receive any notice of the dispatch occurring, as promised, I searched online and found hundreds of customers who experienced the same appalling customer services.
I telephoned the store to cancel my order and was told I couldn't because it was 'being dispatched' - the terms and conditions quite clearly state that the item can be cancelled up to the point of dispatch.
The guy was incredibly rude, spoke over me, was aggressive and sarcastic, and when I asked for his name, refused and told me he was putting the phone down?!
Some 5 hours later and still no dispatch - I phoned back and received exactly the same message from another representative, although this one was admittedly polite and apologetic.

Microsoft claim to have NO way on contacting the warehouse, so when you receive your parcel is literally *anyone's guess*.

I now have to wait for a parcel I no longer want in order to refuse delivery, with no idea of when it will arrive.
I can't express this strongly enough - if you can possible avoid it, don't even consider shopping with this company. The incompetency is unbelievable.

Share Microsoft Store's store rating

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!