Stores > Microsoft Store

Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.71/10 0.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

2016-11-29

Dont buy from them anymore!

"So I ordered a street hopper music system as soon as they posted for Black Friday, as item was in stock. Four days later I checked and it said Backordered. They were also still selling item. I tried to email , but you cant. I tried to call and they have this new magic system that you can use with your Smartphone with a link and no app. Great it brings you back to the same website where you cant do anything. I called, 34 minute wait. Press 3 to have a callback, pressed 3 but the system couldn't here me press the the 3. Cancelled order. Done with Microsoft for selling stuff they don't HAVE! They used to be good, not so much anymore!"

2016-11-27

Will never buy from again

"I ordered a raspberry Pi bundle : rasp Pi + flash card+case + power adaptor for $75

The power adaptor was never shipped. The packing slip showed all parts except the adaptor. At first I thought that I had incorrectly read that the adaptor was included in the bundle but sure enough it was.

I called to inquire and was told that they were out of inventory. After an hour on the phone, was told that they would give me a $5 credit for the store that expires in 3 months. The problem is the adaptor retails for $10.

I think they should have either sent me an adaptor when they received some more inventory as this was part of the original bundle or give me enough credit to purchase one without any additional cost to me.

Very shoddy.

2016-10-25

SCAMMERS

"OH a new post - GREAT - I WANT TO LET EVERYONE KNOW that MICROSOFT - AKA SCAMSOFT / BING has SCAMMED MY KIDS & I out of 60,000 REWARD POINTS, and even closed my 1 kids account for NO REASON , my name wasn't even on his account as the guardian . SCAMMERS , THEY CAN SUSPEND U AND TAKE UR POINTS FOR ANY REASON WITHOUT A REASON, the CATCH IS they DONT SUSPEND U AND TAKE UR POINTS UNTIL YOU TRY TO REDEEM THEM, other than that if you have an account and are in violation THAT IS OK WITH THEM AS LONG AS YOUR USING CLICKS ON THEIR PROGRAM, but as soon as YOU TRY TO REDEEM THEY SUSPEND U"

2016-10-03

Don't buy digital Xbox gift cards on line!

" I purchased a $50 digital Xbox gift card for my grandson online at the Microsoft store. Within minutes my PayPal account had paid them $50. I received an email from PayPal and also an email from Microsoft with the order confirmation. The digital gift card is supposed to be sent to the email address listed on the order form. After 24 hours we had not received anything. After numerous phone calls to Microsoft support and being handed around to different extensions and having to tell the story over again each time I spent a total of 57 minutes on the phone at one time and nothing was resolved. I called back this morning as we still had not received anything and was given to a person in a department that finally refunded my $50 to my PayPal account. I have been told yesterday that they didn't do refunds on digital gift cards. I understand that if you had received it! They never could tell me what happened to the order even though I had received confirmation.
it would've been nice to get some resolution the first time instead of talking to over eight different people telling the story again and again. I went up to Safeway and bought a $50 Xbox card from their gift card tree and everything's good! never again will I use Microsoft online store.

This review was modified by Pam55 on October 03 2016 09:21:37 AM

2016-09-22

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID

" I purchased a Surface Pro 4 on Microsoft Store's website and chose 'express' shipping at a cost of £10 extra, which claimed to dispatch the following day.
When I didn't receive any notice of the dispatch occurring, as promised, I searched online and found hundreds of customers who experienced the same appalling customer services.
I telephoned the store to cancel my order and was told I couldn't because it was 'being dispatched' - the terms and conditions quite clearly state that the item can be cancelled up to the point of dispatch.
The guy was incredibly rude, spoke over me, was aggressive and sarcastic, and when I asked for his name, refused and told me he was putting the phone down?!
Some 5 hours later and still no dispatch - I phoned back and received exactly the same message from another representative, although this one was admittedly polite and apologetic.

Microsoft claim to have NO way on contacting the warehouse, so when you receive your parcel is literally *anyone's guess*.

I now have to wait for a parcel I no longer want in order to refuse delivery, with no idea of when it will arrive.
I can't express this strongly enough - if you can possible avoid it, don't even consider shopping with this company. The incompetency is unbelievable.

This review was modified by neveragainneveragain on September 22 2016 07:41:56 AM

2016-09-14

Preordered video game garenteed release day delivery is 100% NOT GARANTEED

"Spent over 3 hours on the phone with Microsoft store because the tracking info Microsoft provided for ups tracking wouldn't work because UPS didn't receive my package.
Microsoft store customer service is absolutely horrible and can't even tell me when I should receive my GARANTEED release day delivery video game because tracking info takes 24 hours.

I never received game on the day it was GARANTEED to be delivered. UPS in another state received my package at 6:30 pm on the day I'm suppose to receive the delivery.
Microsoft store said they can't do anything to make up for it and packages are not GARANTEED event how it says it when purchasing.
I will never again order another item from the Microsoft online store again.

2016-09-06

The worst online customer service experience I have EVER had!

"I bought the Microsoft Pro 4 with Cover Type Keyboard in Feb 2016 from the UK Microsoftstore.com site. In July 2016 a key became detached from the cover type (it had 100% not been miss treated at all, so obviously some sort of manufacture or design fault). What a joke the MS Store and service center are. After calling to explain the problem, they said there is nothing they could do about it. After asking to speak to a manager (as I was not at all happy), the same person (Alex in Customer Support), then put me on hold. After holding for 5 mins, he then returned and said that they would replace the product, but I was to send my product back to them first and they would then send a replacement. I packaged my keyboard up perfectly in the original packaging with the faulty detached key. After it arrived at their center, I then received an email saying the replacement keyboard had been sent to me. When it arrived, I was horrified to find that they had sent my original keyboard back in a beat up old box WITHOUT my original packaging and WITHOUT the detached faulty key!!
I then called their service center to speak to Alex and to explain the issue. Again to my horror Alex stated that it was not covered under warranty and that was the end of it! I then asked to talk to a manager as it was a ridiculous scenario. He said there were no managers and he would schedule a call back. I said no, I would hold until a manager was available. He said there was no point in holding as no manager could talk to me. I said I was holding until one was available. He then said he would have to cut me off so I said I was still going to continue to hold and it was his choice to cut me off. He kept me holding for 15 to 20 mins checking every few minutes to see if I had gone. What a surprise after 20 mins, there was a manager that I could talk to after all !!!
I then expected to have a sensible conversation and be treated like a good customer should be treated....... well then it got even worse.... having explained the scenario, the manager stated that my problem was not covered under warranty as the problem was 'damage'. When I pressed for an explanation (as there is certainly no damage on my keyboard), the manager (Sarah, who is apparently the 'Supervisor Escalation Team on Duty') stated that the damage fell under the 'Dented' statement on the 'not valid under warranty' clause. I was so shocked with this, I asked her to spell it to make sure I had heard her correctly and yes, DENTED was what she quoted out to me. When I a) offered to send her multiple photos to show there is no damage and certainly no DENT and b) asked her how a plastic key can possibly be described as 'DENTED', as expected she then simply avoided talking about the reason any further.
So.... I then demanded my faulty key be returned..... I am now awaiting a call back to confirm when I will get it back!! But, she stated she could not provide me any number for me to call her back directly and that she could not give me any time frame. It took me a further 10 mins to get a commitment from her that she would at least call me back within 48 hours to at least say it is still in progress!
AFTER THIS DREADFUL EXPERIENCE I WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM MICROSOFT STORE AGAIN AND I ADVISE OTHER PEOPLE TO TAKE NOTE OF THESE EVENTS AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS.......

This review was modified by wartim00 on September 06 2016 03:14:46 AM

2016-07-18

$50 gift code not received; inept or deceptive customer relations

"I purchased an XBox One Bundle that promised a $50 gift code. AFTER I paid for the product, I was informed in the receipt that the gift code would not be given to me immediately; instead the invoice stated "Your $50 Microsoft Store gift code will be delivered to your email address within 10 business days of purchase." So, after waiting 12 business days with NO GIFT code emailed to me, I phone Microsoft Store support. You would think that the world's greatest high tech company would be able to fix this situation right away, wouldn't you? Instead, I was told to wait three more days, for some reason, and if I still wasn't emailed a gift code, then I should call them back. Can you believe this? I have a feeling that Microsoft is doing this to a lot of customers and hoping they won't notice that their gift codes were never emailed to them.

Shame on Microsoft! I will look into Apple from now on.

2016-05-12

Manufacturers Warranty not honoured

"The first time I came across the Microsoft Store it was actually the result of a search for the HP Stream Tablet 8" - New.

On clicking through the link, it took me to Ebay, It's the product I wanted. it's Microsoft and HP, the product is new, everything should be OK right.

No. Wrong. Within a couple of months of usage, I started getting messages saying my warranty is out on such and such a date, Less then 5 months from receiving the unit, Extend Warranty at $. Was this then a new unit or second hand traded in as having a problem. Everything at that time was working OK, All I used it for at the time was an Ebook reader. Then I had a need for Internet Connection whilst out of town, the product came with a T'Mobile Sim and so much usage a month. On attempting to install SIM, I then found a problem, the SIM slot was faulty, maybe that's why the SIM was loose in the box when it arrived.

Now, you have to understand this is within 4 months of ownership of what should be a new product, it was advertised and sold as new with a years warranty.

On putting the question to HP, the manufacturer, about how to get Service I was told it's not covered, Items bought at an auction site, Ebay are not covered by a 12 month Warranty despite the product being bought not on an Auction but as buy at the advertised price from Microsoft's own Store within Ebay and new to boot.

On questioning Microsoft, I never had a reply. On questioning HP, they actually put it in writing that the product is not covered as having come from an Auction Site even though it's new and purchased at advertised price. HP did not want to know.

I have had multiple HP Laptops for the business and personal use. I have had over 30 desktops starting with the original HP-85 which by today's standards was a transportable, neither one nor the other. Never again will I buy HP nor use the Microsoft Store. It's now 10 months and some odd days since purchase, I should have at least 44 days warranty left from June 26th 2015 when I purchased. It actually ran out on 19th December 2015. I received delivery at end of June 2015.

No more for me.

This review was modified by n1581j on May 12 2016 08:48:46 AM

2016-04-29

Just hope you get it right the first time !

"Purchased a sweet laptop with great specs for a decent price... worked perfectly until I tried the GPU... then everything went wrong ! sent it back for an exchange.. the next thing I know.. the computer is out of stock and they just can't cut a deal on a same or better laptop... well they can go 200$ over what you payed for but every single laptop that is in this range has lower specs OR is out of stock !!! seriously !!! the worst online shopping experience I ever had !!!!! I hope nobody buys from them... I read these reviews before and hesitated... I should of just listen...

This review was modified by danny554 on April 29 2016 09:53:12 AM

2016-03-30

How are they still in business?

"Where shall I start...placed a simple order as a gift and everything seemed ok until I found I accidentally bought the wrong model (headphones). Well let's first comment...you would think as a leader and developer of software a simple cancel button would exist on a basic shopping cart. Nope. You have to call, I did and was told my order was not in the system yet, so I had to call back later.
After a couple of hours...called and was told my order was too far in processing to cancel. I was placed on hold for 15 minutes as they called the shipping department to stop the order from shipping, so I was told. A couple days later knock knock I have the item at my house. Really?? Called back to find out what happened and then they explained the return procedures. WOW! Let's hope I receive my refund and not be a casualty like so many reviews I've seen. I spoke to a supervisor and was offered a $20 gift card for a future purchase. I gladly declined it and informed him he had lost a customer...now I'm receiving spam calls from Microsoft about the order...awesome.

This review was modified by Urnotkool on March 30 2016 02:21:30 PM

2016-03-30

Truly shockingly bad

"Won't honor basic policies, agents lack basic competence. More scam than legitimate business at this point. "

2016-03-22

Unbelievably poor - 1 star seems too generous

"I don't think I've ever written on a review site in my life, but I am so staggered by the incompetence of Microsoft Store, I'm going to make an exception. Their systems are riven with ineptitude and, six months on, I'm still dealing with a badly processed order for a simple keyboard and HDMI cable. I will never make the mistake of using Microsoft Store again."

This review was modified by ClaireSLM on March 22 2016 02:32:11 AM

2016-02-26

Do not ever buy from Microsoft Online Store

"I bought two laptops from Microsoft Store online and I id like the material and wanted to return them. So I took them to the Microsoft Store in the Galleria Houston to return them and they processed the return an told me that it will take two weeks to be processed as they need to ship them the online store warehouse. It has been two months now and yet I have not received my refund. I went to the store three times and called the online store costumer service more than 15 times and I was on hold for hours every time I called and every time i have been told that I should receive my refund in 3-5 business days. I still have not received my refund yet and paid a lot of late fees and interest on my credit card. I really I don't know what to do."

This review was modified by haldmour on February 26 2016 03:29:55 PM

2016-02-04

Can't even place an order with Microsoft Online Store Canada - UPDATE

"I am changing my rating for the better slightly as I was able to discover the issue with this order on my own. The phone that I was trying to order had a glitch when trying to process the order in the shopping cart. Even the phone help line person was not able to process an order for this particular phone. I was able to order a different phone myself online without issue. It also arrived ahead of schedule. I am still not thrilled that this glitch was not able to be caught by their technical support and the hours I wasted trying to work through this. None the less all is good with the product so far and I will order from Microsoft again.

My original review below shows my frustration...

I just spent over 2 hours trying to order a windows phone. I used multiple browsers, cleared cache in between and spoke to 2 different Microsoft help people. Every time I input the shipping address and click next, it just kicks me back to that same page. The help staff spoke to online tech support and they say the online store is working fine. Then the help people each tried to place my order for me with the same result. If I can't even order one of their products what the heck is going to happen if I have an issue with that product if I am able to get it. Sorry Microsoft... you are too big and think too small to make it in this new world. Go take some lessons from Apple & Amazon on how to serve your customers.

This review was modified by KevinC600 on February 12 2016 08:35:57 AM

Share Microsoft Store's store rating

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!