Stores > Microsoft Store

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.95/10 2.95/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.19/10 0.19/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"I ordered a laptop because mine had stopped working not too long ago, I needed it fairly quick for school reasons, So I ordered, got tracking said it would be delivered by Wednesday of that week, I check on Tuesday, and it says the sender has requested a return. They did not email me a reason, when I called they said they didn't have an explanation. How can you not have an explanation for something that the company you work for did? Then, they asked me to repurchase the product, so they can overnight ship it, but I would be charged twice. They did say I'd get a refund once the original gets back to the warehouse. Well, 10 days after it reaches the warehouse. This is the second time I've had an issue ordering from them in the past week. I will no longer be ordering for Microsoft store, Might end up getting a MacBook now."

This review was modified by Tony19 on November 17 2015 09:55:34 AM

"The store shows the order to be delivered in 3 to 7 business days but that never happens. I didnt receive the product on time and when I check with their rep I was told that time taken was 7 hours and 10 hours and not 8 days. The fortunate part of the story is I never received the package."

This review was modified by araveeti on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I am writing to document my recent problems trying to order a Surface and possibly get some support/direction on how to address this issue.
The basic story is that I pre-ordered a new Surface Book at the beginning of October, but for some reason the pre-order triggered my credit card fraud detector and held the transaction. I tried entering a different credit card on the MS Store website, but the website kept giving me non-credit card related errors, leading to the order being cancelled.
I called the MS Store customer service to see if I could get the order corrected, but was informed that it was too late. All this was a bit frustrating, but understandable due to website errors.
But here is where things start to go really downhill.

After being promised a call back within 24 hours, I didn't hear anything so I went and pre-ordered a Surface Book from Best Buy. Four days later, I received a call from MS Store Customer Service saying that they COULD get me my Surface Book if I placed the order online with them again, and they could give my a 10% discount as a university professor. So I cancelled my Best Buy order. 48-72 hours later, I got another call from MS Store Customer Service (level 2 agent Ben), saying that they could not get me the Surface Book on time, as promised in the previous phone call. I asked him to double check, and he called back a few days later saying that he COULD get the device (after missing his 2 day call-back window by several days). I then got a call a week later, saying that the device was shipping soon. By the end of that week, I got ANOTHER call, saying that he was wrong and now they COULD NOT get me the device. I was very annoyed by this back and forth (and now the Surface Book was sold out at all other online retailers) and we agree to confirm with a level 3 agent before cancelling the order. I was promised a call within 12-24 hours. About 48 hours later, with no call, I called again and spoke to another level 1 agent (Jerome) who was very nice, but also promised me a phone call from an agent, promised me a $50 gift card for my troubles, and promised me an email, all within 24-48 hours. None have arrived.

So, MS Store Customer Service has promised me at least 4 calls that I have never received, 3 emails that I have never received, a credit, and a Surface Book that have all be cancelled.
I don't know what their policies are, but this is remarkably unprofessional and a complete waste of my time.
I now plan to go and cancel any open orders with MS Store and find a different product instead.

Has anyone else had similar problems with MS Store Customer Service and have any advice on how to actually communicate with them? I wanted the email address for their complaints department, but unsurprisingly, that email was never sent to me...

Robert B

"I think Microsoft should stop opening stores and they should stop selling products.. Their customer service is the most terrible on the market. I just called to ask a question (When the new phone will be available in Canada on their website to buy). I called the number on their website it says "Do you have a question call us"
They transfer me I don't know where which country. Why I would spend 1 hour so on he phone to ask a simple question? (That's how much I could have waited on the phone, I had to hang up)
I was wasting my valuable time with them. I am a Microsoft Certified person and buy products for my clients. I you can't give immediate support you shouldn't be doing business.
I tried to chat online to see if I can get a result. On their website always says Text chat or Video chat is unavailable!

You might have good products but you have the worst customer service. Other big company who sells their famous phones does better job at supporting customers than Microsoft. They should learn from them.

Microsoft you just lost my business.

"Worst interface for consumers I have ever experienced. The irony is that Microsoft is one of the world's premier software companies, and yet cannot take an order without aggravating customers. Simply unbelievable."

"The worse experience ever. I've been trying to make a large purchase for my school since September 28, 2015. The online system is unable to handle large orders, so I had to work with a live person. You would think this would be easier...WRONG. Finally, on October 14th we were able to get the order through and I paid by credit card. The purchase was not able to honor discounts given or our tax-exempt status. Therefore I was told that we would receive a credit once the order and credit card had been processed. Order shipped. I was so happy since it took 3 weeks to get the order processed. So you can imagine to my surprise when I receive an email advising me that the idiot at Microsoft did not issue a credit for the amounts discussed, but for the full amount of the purchase and my order was returned to sender. I then called today to speak with the help line and surprise...surprise...NO HELP AT ALL. Very disappointing and I still don't have laptops for my school. Not even 1 start is deserved."

" Back in March I purchased a new Lenovo laptop and also a Microsoft extended warranty from the Microsoft Store. I have been pleased with the laptop. I am still awaiting receipt of the extended warranty information!

I finally published a review of the warranty on MicrosoftStore.com and received this reply:

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

This is what I wrote:

I bought this extended warranty months ago along with my new Lenovo laptop. The laptop arrived in a few days. I am still awaiting a written copy of this extended warranty. It would be nice to know what exactly is covered and what procedures must be followed if a loss occurs.

Microsoft, I will never buy from you again! And I am still awaiting the written copy of my warranty!

"Purchased an inexpensive Dell laptop - good for light use but certainly not robust enough for a lot of travel. Functionally it would be difficult to find all of the features elsewhere at the price so this is an exceptional value for a light-duty computer. The hard drive "disappeared" on the second day of use (stuff happens, not a microsoft or dell issue). A call to Microsoft Store tech support was totally unhelpful; the tech lady barely spoke English and her only suggestion was to click on the "start" icon even though the screen was completely blank. A call to Dell support was MUCH better. The very knowledgeable lady there was extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem and walking me through removal of the hard drive. A replacement drive arrived in 2 days from Dell and all is now well.
If you buy from Microsoft Store prepare to handle your own tech support.
I tried to submit this review to the Microsoft store site - they refused to publish. Apparently they only accept positive reviews!

This review was modified by Lewrose on September 14 2015 10:51:21 AM

"Wow. Just wow. I bought a laptop with the extended warranty from Microsoft.com The keyboard started having problems. I called the online store for help. After 4 hours on the phone being transferred around I gave in and got off the phone. Next day, 16 hours on the phone (with a one hour lunch break), still no one knew where to send me. Oh they transferred me around but no help. One lady promised to stay on the phone until I got where I needed to be. She lasted 2 hours of being transferred with me and finally told me her shift was over and had to leave. Even had one guy say, oh 'it's a laptop, call Dell" and hung up on me. Next day 4 hours of waiting and transferring. I called a Microsoft store directly, they said to drive it in and they'd look at it. I said the store is 4 hours away and that would be 16 hours of driving over 2 weeks could I ship. They said no, drive it in and they'd see if it was covered. I gave up at this point. That's OVER 24 hours of actually time spent with a phone in my ear for a covered item that Microsoft refused to even get me to the correct people to get it fixed. That's just plain said and I'm thinking of a local court."

This review was modified by poldetson on September 11 2015 09:12:03 AM

"I purchased a new Acer laptop computer last week from the online Microsoft Store. I am surprised by all of the negative reviews posted here on Reseller Ratings. This was my first purchase from the Microsoft Store, and my experience was fine. No problems or complaints. Smooth transaction (used PayPal); fast, free 3-day UPS ground delivery, factory sealed box, double boxed by the store for shipping. The computer I bought is excellent, exactly as described: no bloatware Signature Edition. "

This review was modified by RetiredOldMan on September 07 2015 12:06:14 PM

"Beware: post sales customer service is a call center in the Phillipines with clerks speaking broken english, reading from a script, and not empowered to make exceptions to the rules. Not at all the Apple service I thought that the Microsoft Store was aspiring to.

They put on a nice front on the website, and I foolishly fell for the $100 off promotion offered there. Would never buy again from microsoftstore.com. Next time I'll buy from an American distributor with American customer service staff.

This review was modified by paule123 on August 25 2015 07:03:18 PM

"I have never had such a bad experience buying anything in my life . I bought a laptop from microsoft store. Not only did they double charge me, but it took multiple phone calls, hours of being on hold and about 5 days to get that charge refunded. I could write a book about the details. I will never buy anything from them again. It was a nightmare."

"they refuse to publish negative revies of the products"

This review was modified by bob198475 on July 23 2015 07:46:17 AM

"Support always goes to an Indian call center where they are almost always unable to actually solve any issues. If you complain enough they'll eventually escalate the issue and you'll have to wait two more days before anything happens.

Microsoft Store refused to honor part of a trade in deal. I was supposed to get a gift certificate and a free game according to the flyer (which I saved and eventually had to e-mail to a supervisor for them to actually honor the deal.)

Took four hours on the phone over a period of four days to get the deal they advertised on their website. Really, really disappointing.

This review was modified by RyanKnight982 on July 08 2015 08:44:10 PM

"Purchased a laptop from the online store. The package arrived in a completely broken box with a hole in it wrapped with a scotch! When i contacted the customer service they asked me to FIX the box is ship it to them. To my argument that the box is almost broken into two halves they suggested to use more tape :( ... I don't want to pay 1000 dollars for an item that looks like someone kicked it with their feet!

I purchased the laptop to be used during a conference that is happening in two days from now, because of their crappy service i will have to improvise as i won't have it by then. No one cared in the customer service that they in-part ruined my trip.

Do not purchase from this store - if something goes wrong, you will regret.

This review was modified by brightsguy on June 24 2015 09:40:00 AM

Share Microsoft Store's store rating

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!