Product & services pricing Rating 3.89/10 3.89/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.35/10 2.35/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.59/10 3.59/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.11/10 1.11/10

"We went to the Microsoft store in Scottsdale, AZ. Ann help in our purchase, because of her our Grandson is going to have a wonderful birthday. Thank you Ann at Scottsdale Microsoft store."

modified review This review was modified by Tabby-cat on October 12 2014 02:36:55 PM

"I bought a laptop in May this year from Microsoft Online Store and it died before I had it 30 days. Hard drive was bad. I called MS and they told me I had to go thru ASUS and unfortunately I felt for their assurance that ASUS would make it right. To make a long story short, it was repaired twice and died the day after I got it back (motherboard and hard drive) needed. I had actual possession of the laptop 46 days and ASUS wanted to give me a re-certified replacement when they couldn't fix mine 3 different times. Spoke with MS several times (6 or 7 times) once promised a refund but I didn't have laptop, ASUS did. Now I have it unfixed and MS refuses to call me back. Stay away from both companies. Neither stands behind their products or ones they sell."

"No surprise that it is a great place for anything Microsoft related. I got a great discount for a Lenovo tablet which was not on sale on any other site. Fast shipping! "

"Horrible! The store did not deliver my products, and would not give me a refund. I have recently ordered the Surface Pro 3 from the Australian Microsoft store and 10 days later (which is the promised delivery period), the delivery company didn't even receive the products from them. I called customer service and a supervisor told me that they have lost the products and need to find it first. And he could not give me an estimated delivery time because he said he didn't know when they will find it. So currently I just want my money refunded to me. I asked the supervisor whether he can give me a refund and he said he can only give a refund 5 - 7 days after the products were found. What?! "After the products have been found" is not really a promise though! That just means it could be forever and I might never get my money back! Th product was not mailed so it is Microsoft's responsibility to find the product and I should not have to wait for the products to be found right? Plus if I wait too long I cannot even get a chargeback from my bank (normally you have to do it within 30 days). So now they lost my Surface 3 products (yes, they lost it, because the delivery company didn't even get it), and will not refund me money. My only way is to probably get a chargeback from my bank. This is ridiculous. Blatantly scamming my money."

modified review This review was modified by mrnatemare on September 25 2014 06:08:58 PM

"What a horrible experience. DON'T bother ordering from them. I ordered my PRO 3 on expedited shipping (Paid Extra) and find out on day of delivery that UPS can't deliver because microsoft didn't send right documentation. I spend 2 hours with the support and all they could do in the end is escalate the ticket. Here is the best part (Expedited shipping is suppose to be 2 days) there supposed escalation team can take 1 - 3 days before responding. It takes them that long to provide service to someone who has already paid. They don't care now that they have the money. All support is off shore so those guys can't do anything about it except send an email. THE WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE. STILL NO RESOLUTION. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Easier to go to bestbuy etc."

modified review This review was modified by tariqchaudhry81 on September 25 2014 03:11:26 PM

"Shopping at Microsoftstore is like buying a 1980 online store. I want to purchase 2 Surface Pro 3 bundle. But, I can only buy one at a time and you can't increase the quantity. When I tried to use my credit card to pay for my order it failed. So, I used my Paypal account to make the purchase, it didn't give me an option to log into my Paypal account to change my payment method to credit card. It just charged to my Paypal account and took the money off my checking account. So, I called and try to cancel my orders. I was told I have to wait 4-6 hours before I can cancel my order. So, I called back 6 hours later then I was told I have to they need to wait until the tracking number before I can stop the shipping of the packages and now I have to wait for 24-48 hours and call back again to get my refund. Once again, I called back 48 hours later and I see they deducted $3510 off my checking account at the point. Now, I was told there is nothing they can do to get my refund except wait for the escalation team to get back with me. This is could take up to 7 business days before I can hear back from them and the floor manager told me "don't worry about it we will refund your money". Are you kidding me!!!!! Don't worry about it???"

Microsoft Store User

" Horrible experience! I ordered an Acer Aspire S7 laptop by calling the Microsoft store on August 7th. When I read the email confirmation I realized that the rep didn't give me the next day shipping that was part of the promotion. I called back and she said that the order is in processing and she can't change the shipping method. I told her to cancel since I needed the laptop sooner than the 5-7 business days of ground shipping. She suggested that I cancel the slow shipping order and order another one with an overnight shipping. I would be charged twice, but would get the refund within a week on the cancelled order. Guess what? After several email apologies, escalations and time wasted on the phone calls, one month later, still no refund posted. • • •"

"easy enough shopping experience -- until I realized that I'd ordered the wrong software download as part of a Surface package. Before I even received the item, I requested an exchange of the Office versions -- which they were offering for the exact same price as part of the package. That was impossible -- the exchange of one product code for another, pre-activation. What the heck? Despite spending close to $2k on the package, no one at customer service could help me with this request."

modified review This review was modified by c.lane on August 26 2014 03:02:56 PM

"Purchased Asus laptop from Microsoft store online and finally got around to setting it up. Product needs to be activated and Microsoft has blocked key for the Win 8 operating system they installed. Tried to contact via chat phone and get all kind of runaround. Never had this happen with any other OEM machine.
Do not ever buy an oem from Microsoft.

"Purchased laptop at Microsoft Store on July 26. Within the first ten days, Windows 8.1 crashed seven times. Took it in for service. Tech said the crashes were a consequence of my installing Avast antivirus, which as a product with 120 million downloads and many years of successful use is clearly not the culprit. Brought the machine back again when another tech seemed more responsive. They held the machine for two days. When I came to pick it up, they said they had run complete hardware and software diagnostics, the machine was fine and did not crash. They refused to tell me what specific diagnostics they had performed, saying it was against store policy to share their technical notes. I booted the machine up in the store and found that they had uninstalled five applications without my permission. When I protested, the store manager came over and berated me for "shouting" at the tech, which I wasn't doing, although I was obviously dissatisfied. When I tried to talk with the second tech, the manager came up to me in a physically intimidating manner and asked me to leave. After leaving, I found a crash log proving that the machine had crashed while in the store, exactly the opposite of what they told me. I don't know how much was dishonesty and how much was incompetence, but there is no excuse for such rude behavior."

modified review This review was modified by djemkitso on August 08 2014 06:34:55 PM

"I placed an order for an Acer S7 8GB RAM 128GB SSD, only to find out after that I can get the 256GB model for only $50 more. Of course the rep didn't tell me that when I placed the order. The 128GB units will be essentially worthless when they sell the 256GB model for almost the same price, so I tried to cancel and found out they "CAN'T CANCEL THE ORDER" despite the fact that I called them within 30 minutes of placing it. THIS IS BORDERLINE FRAUD. NEVER BUY FROM THE MICROSOFT STORE. BILL GATES YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF."

modified review This review was modified by ChrisMMM on August 05 2014 06:16:47 PM

"Worse company I have dealt with bought a dell venue 8 tablet on 03/1/14 with a extended warranty had to bring it back on 03/18/14 because it was not charging now they gave me a new one here it is now 07/15/14 had to bring it back again not charging again this time they told me I had to pay another fifty dollars to get another one I told them that not right because I bought extended warranty answer was it was wear and tear from using charger and assistant manager said it only fifty dollars the store in Salem N.H. Rockingham mall"

modified review This review was modified by jumpa61 on July 21 2014 09:34:03 AM

"Support is great. Lost product key and the options to get it back were satisfactory. Will definitely buy here again. "

"Worst esperience I ever had. I predered Kinect windows v2. The transaction was decilned for the first time. I cleared the fraud with my credit card company and then called Microsoft customer service asking then trying to charge again from the same credit card. I wasted 1 hour on the phone to explain the situation again and again because I was transfered back and forth. The issue was still not resolved. Totally disappointed. I feel being cheated by those customer service representatives. "

"A complete joke. From an on-line order system that does not work, to telephone customer service rep's who you can't hear, barely speak English and give out false information, the whole experience has been a nightmare.

I ordered a new Surface from the Microsoft Store, but when I did the rep failed to tell the product would not be delivered for nearly 3 months! That’s right, 3 months. The new Surface looks like a great product, but with same old Microsoft clowns running the sales and customer service, it is bound to be another enormous failure. You would think Microsoft would have learned something on how to do things from Apple by now. I have ordered stuff from Apple in the past and the order process is crazy easy and fulfillment is unbelievably fast. Once I had a problem with an Apple product and their customer service rep actually cared that I was unhappy and made sure the problem was resolved.

Microsoft is the complete opposite. You can tell an organization that just does not care anymore. It might sell a really good product, but Microsoft is just such an aggravation to deal with it is just not worth it. Save yourself the frustration, spend a few bucks more and buy Apple.

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!