• Microsoft Store

Product & services pricing Rating 3.85/10 3.85/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.32/10 4.32/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.45/10 0.45/10

" Back in March I purchased a new Lenovo laptop and also a Microsoft extended warranty from the Microsoft Store. I have been pleased with the laptop. I am still awaiting receipt of the extended warranty information!

I finally published a review of the warranty on MicrosoftStore.com and received this reply:

"Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

This is what I wrote:

I bought this extended warranty months ago along with my new Lenovo laptop. The laptop arrived in a few days. I am still awaiting a written copy of this extended warranty. It would be nice to know what exactly is covered and what procedures must be followed if a loss occurs.

Microsoft, I will never buy from you again! And I am still awaiting the written copy of my warranty!

"Purchased an inexpensive Dell laptop - good for light use but certainly not robust enough for a lot of travel. Functionally it would be difficult to find all of the features elsewhere at the price so this is an exceptional value for a light-duty computer. The hard drive "disappeared" on the second day of use (stuff happens, not a microsoft or dell issue). A call to Microsoft Store tech support was totally unhelpful; the tech lady barely spoke English and her only suggestion was to click on the "start" icon even though the screen was completely blank. A call to Dell support was MUCH better. The very knowledgeable lady there was extremely helpful in diagnosing the problem and walking me through removal of the hard drive. A replacement drive arrived in 2 days from Dell and all is now well.
If you buy from Microsoft Store prepare to handle your own tech support.
I tried to submit this review to the Microsoft store site - they refused to publish. Apparently they only accept positive reviews!

This review was modified by Lewrose on September 14 2015 10:51:21 AM

"Wow. Just wow. I bought a laptop with the extended warranty from Microsoft.com The keyboard started having problems. I called the online store for help. After 4 hours on the phone being transferred around I gave in and got off the phone. Next day, 16 hours on the phone (with a one hour lunch break), still no one knew where to send me. Oh they transferred me around but no help. One lady promised to stay on the phone until I got where I needed to be. She lasted 2 hours of being transferred with me and finally told me her shift was over and had to leave. Even had one guy say, oh 'it's a laptop, call Dell" and hung up on me. Next day 4 hours of waiting and transferring. I called a Microsoft store directly, they said to drive it in and they'd look at it. I said the store is 4 hours away and that would be 16 hours of driving over 2 weeks could I ship. They said no, drive it in and they'd see if it was covered. I gave up at this point. That's OVER 24 hours of actually time spent with a phone in my ear for a covered item that Microsoft refused to even get me to the correct people to get it fixed. That's just plain said and I'm thinking of a local court."

This review was modified by poldetson on September 11 2015 09:12:03 AM

"I purchased a new Acer laptop computer last week from the online Microsoft Store. I am surprised by all of the negative reviews posted here on Reseller Ratings. This was my first purchase from the Microsoft Store, and my experience was fine. No problems or complaints. Smooth transaction (used PayPal); fast, free 3-day UPS ground delivery, factory sealed box, double boxed by the store for shipping. The computer I bought is excellent, exactly as described: no bloatware Signature Edition. "

This review was modified by RetiredOldMan on September 07 2015 12:06:14 PM

"Beware: post sales customer service is a call center in the Phillipines with clerks speaking broken english, reading from a script, and not empowered to make exceptions to the rules. Not at all the Apple service I thought that the Microsoft Store was aspiring to.

They put on a nice front on the website, and I foolishly fell for the $100 off promotion offered there. Would never buy again from microsoftstore.com. Next time I'll buy from an American distributor with American customer service staff.

This review was modified by paule123 on August 25 2015 07:03:18 PM

"I have never had such a bad experience buying anything in my life . I bought a laptop from microsoft store. Not only did they double charge me, but it took multiple phone calls, hours of being on hold and about 5 days to get that charge refunded. I could write a book about the details. I will never buy anything from them again. It was a nightmare."

"they refuse to publish negative revies of the products"

This review was modified by bob198475 on July 23 2015 07:46:17 AM

"Support always goes to an Indian call center where they are almost always unable to actually solve any issues. If you complain enough they'll eventually escalate the issue and you'll have to wait two more days before anything happens.

Microsoft Store refused to honor part of a trade in deal. I was supposed to get a gift certificate and a free game according to the flyer (which I saved and eventually had to e-mail to a supervisor for them to actually honor the deal.)

Took four hours on the phone over a period of four days to get the deal they advertised on their website. Really, really disappointing.

This review was modified by RyanKnight982 on July 08 2015 08:44:10 PM

"Purchased a laptop from the online store. The package arrived in a completely broken box with a hole in it wrapped with a scotch! When i contacted the customer service they asked me to FIX the box is ship it to them. To my argument that the box is almost broken into two halves they suggested to use more tape :( ... I don't want to pay 1000 dollars for an item that looks like someone kicked it with their feet!

I purchased the laptop to be used during a conference that is happening in two days from now, because of their crappy service i will have to improvise as i won't have it by then. No one cared in the customer service that they in-part ruined my trip.

Do not purchase from this store - if something goes wrong, you will regret.

This review was modified by brightsguy on June 24 2015 09:40:00 AM

"Absolutely horrible service. Idiot customer service reps and they have stolen 211.99 from me and probably put me out of business for another two weeks."

This review was modified by ihatemicrosoft on June 16 2015 07:51:57 PM

"Worst online retail experience ever.

I shop a lot online. I've purchased from Dell, Best Buy, Newegg, etc. Microsoft Store is the WORST ordering experience I've ever had.

I had to place an order 4 times over the the course of several days just to get my laptop. Microsoft WILL CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND DOES NOT BOTHER TO CONTACT YOU, so be sure to look for a confirmation e-mail to make sure your order goes through.

My order was cancelled due to the following reasons:
1. If the purchase sets off a fraud alert on your credit card, they will cancel your order or blame a glitch in their system.

2. If your shipping address does not match your billing address, Microsoft will cancel your order. I get that this is a security measure to prevent fraudulent transactions, but Microsoft does not tell you that or bother to verify. Instead, it will simply cancel your order. So instead of having the laptop sent to my work where I or a coworker can sign for it, it was left at the front door all for the sake of "security."

3. Their system is glitchy. If you do not get a confirmation email within 4-6 hours of placing an order, it probably got cancelled, and no one will contact you.

After the fourth time, my order finally went through, but my god. If it weren't for the 10 percent education discount, I would've shopped elsewhere. Their ordering system is really, really stupid.

At least shipping was fast.

"Extremely bad customer service. Their support people are confrontational, rude and have a 'cannot do' attitude. The video chatting showed one of them laughing at my trouble as if it's amusing him to torture clients. I ordered 7 HP tablets from the store as a gift to a school. A the top of the screen they advertise $25 gift card with purchase. Before ordering I had a chat session with them and asked about the offer and whether it's one gift card per tablet. They confirmed it was. After ordering I got an email with a link to get the gift card. I followed the instructions and got an error "PC does not qualify". Connected to support again and they told me that I had to click that link ON THE TABLET. Since I ordered this as a gift and shipped it to another state, it was impossible for me to do this, thus I couldn't claim the gift card. They don't tell you this on the HP info page, and they never mentioned it when I inquired about the offer via chat. The only time I learned about it was after I ordered and when I tried to redeem. Their support refused to help saying they cannot help. I asked for a supervisor that just repeated what the support said. Even worse, they were confrontational in their attitude and even challenged me to get a resolution from the supervisor! Wow! MS, you can copy Apple's store and ideas, but you also need to copy their SERVICE if you want to compete!"

"Microsoft's online store lives in the dark ages of the internet. I have (or had) an individual membership for Office 365. I simply wanted to upgrade my membership to the Home version (more licenses). At most sites, you'd simply login to you account, select the current plan you have and hit an upgrade button. Not at Microsoft. So far it's taken an online chat, four emails, and two phone calls. At this time my personal account has be deactivated and I have not received the promised code to activate my Home account. That means that right now I cannot use Office 365 and I cannot access my files on OneDrive. CRAZY!"

This review was modified by RottenRod on April 18 2015 10:29:04 PM

"Biggest waste of time and headache a person can imagine. It is unreal how hard it is to figure out what went wrong or why as my order was pretty simple and one single item.
Throwing errors on their site that their representatives do not seem to have a good understanding of, order get put "under review" after it eventually successfully makes it to order completed and all for nothing.
Ended up attempting their chat feature (dont waste your time unless it is a pre-sales question. That's right, software giant MS cannot help you with actual order issues through chat like the rest of the world).
The phone representative was friendly enough but wasn't much of help. We shared quite a streak of dead air on the phone until I figured out she was waiting for me to attempt to order again. Same error of course so my time is wasted and will just find another vendor.
I really expected more from Microsoft.

"Laptop froze within 24 hours. Spent time with 4 support people on the phone. Realized that support was very poor. Returned laptop."

This review was modified by eggertson on March 04 2015 06:15:38 PM

Share Microsoft Store's store rating

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!