Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.54/10 1.54/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.41/10 3.41/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.54/10 1.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10

"easy enough shopping experience -- until I realized that I'd ordered the wrong software download as part of a Surface package. Before I even received the item, I requested an exchange of the Office versions -- which they were offering for the exact same price as part of the package. That was impossible -- the exchange of one product code for another, pre-activation. What the heck? Despite spending close to $2k on the package, no one at customer service could help me with this request."

modified review This review was modified by c.lane on August 26 2014 03:02:56 PM

"Purchased Asus laptop from Microsoft store online and finally got around to setting it up. Product needs to be activated and Microsoft has blocked key for the Win 8 operating system they installed. Tried to contact via chat phone and get all kind of runaround. Never had this happen with any other OEM machine.
Do not ever buy an oem from Microsoft.

"Purchased laptop at Microsoft Store on July 26. Within the first ten days, Windows 8.1 crashed seven times. Took it in for service. Tech said the crashes were a consequence of my installing Avast antivirus, which as a product with 120 million downloads and many years of successful use is clearly not the culprit. Brought the machine back again when another tech seemed more responsive. They held the machine for two days. When I came to pick it up, they said they had run complete hardware and software diagnostics, the machine was fine and did not crash. They refused to tell me what specific diagnostics they had performed, saying it was against store policy to share their technical notes. I booted the machine up in the store and found that they had uninstalled five applications without my permission. When I protested, the store manager came over and berated me for "shouting" at the tech, which I wasn't doing, although I was obviously dissatisfied. When I tried to talk with the second tech, the manager came up to me in a physically intimidating manner and asked me to leave. After leaving, I found a crash log proving that the machine had crashed while in the store, exactly the opposite of what they told me. I don't know how much was dishonesty and how much was incompetence, but there is no excuse for such rude behavior."

modified review This review was modified by djemkitso on August 08 2014 06:34:55 PM

"I placed an order for an Acer S7 8GB RAM 128GB SSD, only to find out after that I can get the 256GB model for only $50 more. Of course the rep didn't tell me that when I placed the order. The 128GB units will be essentially worthless when they sell the 256GB model for almost the same price, so I tried to cancel and found out they "CAN'T CANCEL THE ORDER" despite the fact that I called them within 30 minutes of placing it. THIS IS BORDERLINE FRAUD. NEVER BUY FROM THE MICROSOFT STORE. BILL GATES YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF."

modified review This review was modified by ChrisMMM on August 05 2014 06:16:47 PM

"Worse company I have dealt with bought a dell venue 8 tablet on 03/1/14 with a extended warranty had to bring it back on 03/18/14 because it was not charging now they gave me a new one here it is now 07/15/14 had to bring it back again not charging again this time they told me I had to pay another fifty dollars to get another one I told them that not right because I bought extended warranty answer was it was wear and tear from using charger and assistant manager said it only fifty dollars the store in Salem N.H. Rockingham mall"

modified review This review was modified by jumpa61 on July 21 2014 09:34:03 AM

"Support is great. Lost product key and the options to get it back were satisfactory. Will definitely buy here again. "

"Worst esperience I ever had. I predered Kinect windows v2. The transaction was decilned for the first time. I cleared the fraud with my credit card company and then called Microsoft customer service asking then trying to charge again from the same credit card. I wasted 1 hour on the phone to explain the situation again and again because I was transfered back and forth. The issue was still not resolved. Totally disappointed. I feel being cheated by those customer service representatives. "

"A complete joke. From an on-line order system that does not work, to telephone customer service rep's who you can't hear, barely speak English and give out false information, the whole experience has been a nightmare.

I ordered a new Surface from the Microsoft Store, but when I did the rep failed to tell the product would not be delivered for nearly 3 months! That’s right, 3 months. The new Surface looks like a great product, but with same old Microsoft clowns running the sales and customer service, it is bound to be another enormous failure. You would think Microsoft would have learned something on how to do things from Apple by now. I have ordered stuff from Apple in the past and the order process is crazy easy and fulfillment is unbelievably fast. Once I had a problem with an Apple product and their customer service rep actually cared that I was unhappy and made sure the problem was resolved.

Microsoft is the complete opposite. You can tell an organization that just does not care anymore. It might sell a really good product, but Microsoft is just such an aggravation to deal with it is just not worth it. Save yourself the frustration, spend a few bucks more and buy Apple.

"I recently ordered a notebook computer from www.microsoftstore.com. I only looked up microsoftstore.com in resellerratings.com after I placed the order. If I had read the consistently negative reports earlier, I would not have ordered the computer from microsoftstore.com.

However, my experience was completely positive.

On June 19, 2014 I ordered an HP Envy 17 computer. I applied an offer code that reduced the price by $100. Shipping was free, but for about $17 more, I could get next day delivery, which I chose.

On the website I did a live chat and asked when I could expect delivery. The answer was "the next day".

I got the machine the next day, and as far as I can tell, the configuration is the exact configuration I ordered.

One real plus was there was zero crapware installed. The only program I had to uninstall was a small program that allowed users to purchase MS Office.

My only cause for concern was that the shipping box was not completely securely sealed with tape on the top. But nothing was damaged or fell out of the box en route.

I am 100% satisfied with this purchase, and I will consider ordering from microsoftstore.com in the future.

modified review This review was modified by EricTerrell on June 20 2014 04:26:15 PM

"MSstore sent me 3 parcels. 1 was a mistake generated by their broken website. 2 arrived, the 3rd has been sent to the wrong address and is now back with the sender. No correspondence throughout the entire procedure. Their customer service department is terrible. The representatives and I cannot understand each other. Our accents are too strong it seems and they are reading from scripts. I do not know where my laptop I ordered from them is. I do not know how to get a refund as communication is nearly impossible. This has been the worst shopping experience of my life and I highly recommend anybody to simply not use the msstore."

modified review This review was modified by berty2 on May 20 2014 05:12:34 AM

"ordering process just fine. however, there was a defect with the ordered item. microsoft store reps refused to replace the item or offer an reasonably priced upgrade to the next best available item. instead, they wasted 90 minutes of my time trying to give me the run around and lying about product availability and pricing. it's truly a shame that this crappy organization is associated with the microsoft brand"

"This site seems to have a very deceptive way of generating traffic to their site. For over two weeks now, they have listed Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm for an extremely discounted price, yet it has been out of stock. It started at around $7 and has even dropped down to $5 (regularly $39.99) while still being unavailable to order. I reached out to their chat support to ask about this and they simply told me (after a 4 minute delay between responses) to keep checking the site or order it from another retailer."

modified review This review was modified by tpgramlich on March 08 2014 03:47:33 PM

"RUBBISH
I ordered a microsoft surface and touch pad online. A day after I am told that my order was cancelled, firstly because they didnt have the touch pad in stock, but the next day I'm told it was because of security reasons. Basically they cancelled it for no clear reason. I phone up microsoft and they tell me I need to order again, but the money is missing from my account. I am told this is because the money transaction went through before they cancelled the order so the money is still pending. For it to return to my account it will take 5-7 working days. So I don't have the money or an order being processed and they still expect me to order with them. Customer service was ok but they don't understand that I want to wait till I get my money back before ordering with them again and say I will just have to wait! I do not plan to order with them again...I wish i had seen all these reviews before I ordered as I'm not the only one having trouble with them! For a sucessful, multinational corporation, they really have bottom class service - online anyway.

modified review This review was modified by Lauracccccc on March 05 2014 03:58:14 AM

"Microsoft Store Takes Customer Service to the next level. I purchased a Surface tablet and I am very happy with it. I was planning to go out of town and the place I stay at has spotty wireless but a strong wired connection. I ordered a USB Ethernet adapter for my Surface. UPS destroyed the item in shipment. The MS store team gave me an instant credit and paid for overnight shipping so I could get the product before my departure. Not only do they make a great product, they offer terrific customer service. I wonder if I would get the same service from Cuppertino?"

"I had THE worst shopping experience with the microsoft online store. It was unclear which product I was ordering, and ended up with a version that didn't work on my mac. I filled in the "contact us" form on the website and never heard back from them. Life got busy, and I forgot to check up on the order. I finally got around to it a few months later. I learned I purchased the wrong version, and was expecting to get the correct version as the thing I paid for was NEVER USED or downloaded. The supervisor of the microsoft store refused to even exchange my version for the correct one! They took my money for nothing in exchange! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. "

modified review This review was modified by samarairene on January 28 2014 01:06:29 PM

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!