• Rating 0.00/10 51 reviews

Microsoft Store is not a merchant member
    Microsoft Store does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Microsoft Store contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 1.82/10 1.82/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.36/10 0.36/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.46/10 1.46/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.54/10 0.54/10

"This site seems to have a very deceptive way of generating traffic to their site. For over two weeks now, they have listed Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm for an extremely discounted price, yet it has been out of stock. It started at around $7 and has even dropped down to $5 (regularly $39.99) while still being unavailable to order. I reached out to their chat support to ask about this and they simply told me (after a 4 minute delay between responses) to keep checking the site or order it from another retailer."

modified review This review was modified by tpgramlich on March 08 2014 03:47:33 PM

"I had THE worst shopping experience with the microsoft online store. It was unclear which product I was ordering, and ended up with a version that didn't work on my mac. I filled in the "contact us" form on the website and never heard back from them. Life got busy, and I forgot to check up on the order. I finally got around to it a few months later. I learned I purchased the wrong version, and was expecting to get the correct version as the thing I paid for was NEVER USED or downloaded. The supervisor of the microsoft store refused to even exchange my version for the correct one! They took my money for nothing in exchange! THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. "

modified review This review was modified by samarairene on January 28 2014 01:06:29 PM

"Absolute worst online shopping experience ever. Returned a laptop almost one month ago, called in 3 times to ask for refund, and they keep saying something went wrong and will follow up in 4-5 business days, each time with no resolution. Agent seems like they have no info about your order and need to confirm your info 100 times over. Never shopping here again in my LIFE and advise you to stay FAR FAR AWAY! (Still havent received refund and last call said wait another 5 days!)"

modified review This review was modified by statick7 on January 28 2014 08:48:33 AM

"This is not a review of product, but of the online Microsoft store. Customer service is a joke. I purchased the wrong tablet cover and need to return it. You would think that a tech company this large could automate that procedure. To return an item you have to have a long phone conversation with someone overseas and request to be approved for a return. Then they tell you it will take up to 72 hours to get a UPS shipping label emailed to you. I've been approved for refund but they won't send the label. I just got off the phone with them for the third time asking for a return label. I will NEVER purchase an item from this retailer again. "

modified review This review was modified by gonecountry-1964 on January 09 2014 12:37:56 PM

"Refused to issue an RMA for return of an XBOX game DVD with an obvious manufacturing error. After a full day of waiting for a call back and providing my email address (they never even asked for my order number) they told me I had to call the manufacturer. as they were just a retailer. Imagine Target or Amazon (just retailers) acting that way."

modified review This review was modified by section83b on December 27 2013 12:27:31 PM

"Terrible. UPS lost the shipment. UPS has accepted and issued this to Microsoft. Microsoft support acknowledges and promises to call me back in 24 hours to issue a new order. It's been 11 days. I have called back 6 times. No one has contacted me back. No email no phone call.

The support experience is outstandingly bad. There is no way to speak to anyone that can actually do something. The first line of support can easily be replaced with an auto attendant. It's THAT BAD. Then at the end of every failed attempt to get support the agent asks "Is there something else I can help you with?"
Really? I just told you that I didn't receive what I ordered and paid for. What else would I need?
The person in charge of setting up this support process at Microsoft needs to be fired immediately. It's completely ridiculous. It's actually worse than not having a human answer

modified review This review was modified by ckatra on December 16 2013 12:55:06 PM

"Horrible experience in dealing with Microsoft store. Despite my order being canceled two weeks prior, they shipped it anyway and have billed me for it. Attempts to receive a refund have been exhausting. Never buy from this company."

modified review This review was modified by fedupconsumer on December 14 2013 11:38:06 AM

"talk about a lousy experience dealing with the Microsoft store - WRT a missing item on a internet order. Have had to deal with a Customer support agent that, regardless of the name he is giving, (Eric, Marc, Edward, etc) there is no doubt in my mind that the Customer service rep does not have English as his mother tongue...... probably isn't his 2nd or 3rd one either.

I am on my 3rd call over 15 or 20 days - in spite of promisses to get back to me within 3-5 days.......

Lousy service...... lousy, lousy, lousy!!!!!!!

modified review This review was modified by geo501 on December 10 2013 03:09:36 PM

"Worst experience ever. Tried to order tablets online but kept getting an error message and my order never went through but Microsoft charged my Paypal account. I called customer service to inquire about the charges. Automated system informed me that there is over three hour wait time and offered to call back. Little over 5 hours larer I received a phone call from a representative. He hung up on me in the middle of the conversation. I had to call back and wait another 4 hours to get hold of the representative. She was rude and wasn't interesred in helping with the situation. She said she can't find an order and said I need to take it up with Paypal about the charges. I informed her that I can clearly see a charge by Microsoft on my Paypal account and there should be an explanation for it. She said she couldn't help. It was frustrating not being able to get any resolution. Even more frustrating was dealing with rude and incompetent staff. I have never been so disappointed anyone as I am with Microsoft. I have been using Microsoft products all my life. This experience makes me want to get rid of every Microsoft product I own."

modified review This review was modified by Patep on December 10 2013 01:21:42 AM

"The experience was awful. I kept getting errors when trying to confirm the order. Later, I received two email confirmation for the same item. . . . . they duplicated my order and I never once recieved a confirmation online.

I immediately tried to cancel the second order online. . . . they do not even have that capability.

I then called the service desk and was told there was a more than three hour wait queue. I requested the callback option.

I then found a chat feature online and got a chat going with a service rep. . . . After some time, he confirmed that the duplicated order was cancelled.

three hours later, I got the call back and that person also confirmed the order was cancelled.

the next day, I received an email notification that some of the items on both orders (first and duplicate) shipped.

the next day, I received an email with a return shipment authorization.

two days later, I received another email stating that another item on the good order is not available.

Meanwhile, my credit card is charged with duplicate charges. In addition, there is a mysterious #360.11 pending charge that nobody can explain.

I just spent about two hours on the phone with them trying to clear it up and go zero satisfaction.

This has been the worst online shopping experience ever.

"I bought a cheap i5 touchscreen laptop on BlackFriday,but 6 days later it still not ship out,I ask the online support twice,they said the just provide technology support,they don't have the tool to check it,just give me the useless store phone number,and then no reply me again.
OK,I call the 1-877-696-7786 line,after a long long auto reply,said they are busy,I have two choice,watis for call back,keep waitting.No call back till now and I've ever chioce waiting somebody answer me 20 min.
Finally ,I write a email ask for refund but no reply now.

modified review This review was modified by Bibu on December 02 2013 09:28:26 PM

"I ordered an Acer laptop computer and Microsoft shipped the computer to my billing address, not shipping address. I called Microsoft and asked to redirect the computer to my shipping address. Microsoft gave me the reference number but they NEVER contacted me later. I called again. After waiting for 3 hours (Yes, it is 3 hours!), I got to talk to a representative but the call was disconnected and I never got the call back.

I tried to ask for an RMA to return the computer but I had to wait for hours to talk to someone. I still couldn't get anyone to talk to me about the return yet up to now.

"How can an online store not have an online cancellation process! All I want to do is cancel my Xbox one pre-order quickly without being asked a million questions and waiting on hold for hours. Pathetic."

modified review This review was modified by steve12311 on November 02 2013 03:19:53 AM

"I feel your pain @fckyoumicrosoft!! I am in exactly the same boat!
I'm a student at the University of Minnesota and I really need a new laptop, so I ordered the Surface Pro 2. However, my order didn't go through because my credit card was apparently denied. I thought this was because my card was just put on hold because my bank suspected credit fraud because of an earlier purchase I had made (ironically for the Touch Cover 2). I was told to update my payment method for my purchase through an email. Because I had cleared up my credit card with my bank, I thought it was ok to use again, but when I resubmitted my payment method, I was immediately greeted with an error and was told that my purchase was CANCELLED. I wasn't even given another chance to submit another payment method. I called in several times to microsoft customer service and they reassured me that this was a mistake and that I would receive future contact to update my payment information, but more importantly they assured me that my preorder was still INTACT. Just received a call telling me that my order was permanently cancelled and that I had to place another order to receive my surface and that I would have to wait another 2 months to receive it and that there was nothing I could do. Note that this is after I had JUST received the touch cover 2 with the docking station just about to ship to me. I will have the touch cover 2 and the docking for 2 months and they will sit there and mock me until I receive my surface, after I have finished just about all of my classes at the U, which was the real reason I wanted the Surface Pro 2 so soon. I blame Microsoft and their website. Customer service was great and helpful, but misinformed and it wasn't their fault. I AM QUITE PEEVED.
I am an avid user of Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 and a technology enthusiast, so this is really disappointing. I am still shocked that this couldn't have been settled in a more direct and customer friendly manner and that my original order status couldn't have been preserved.

modified review This review was modified by ninjazn13 on October 27 2013 11:19:25 AM

"Microsoft store blows hard. I thought I was the only person to experience this level of crap after dealing with them, but CLEARLY I am not.

Long story short, I placed a preorder about a month ago. In the Ensuing weeks, I was told in no uncertain terms on several occasions by MS staff over the phone and through live chat that my order was good to go and set to ship on the 21st. THIS morning, 10/18,not 2 weeks ago, or a week ago, I get an email saying my orders been cancelled... citing problems with my credit card info (???????; which really makes no sense because my order consisted of several deliverables, many of which were already charged and shipped to me. They tell me my only course of action is to re-process my order effectively moving me back to the end of the line.

Considering how much rescheduling I've done so that someone could be home to sign for the package on the promised date, this was not at all acceptable.

So now I'm stuck with a bunch of peripherals (which were all on the same order, but shipped to me in advance for unknown reasons). I wasted the time of family members, and I bought things I no longer have use for.

The only logical course of action was to cancel my entire order on principle. Yes I realized that I just cut off my own nose to spite my face, but I hate Microsoft THAT MUCH. I always hated Microsoft before, but now I really do.

I know this was supposed to just be a rant about the MS store, but I really just hate MS as a company, and will do everything I can to avoid having to use any of their garbage products even if it means having to invest money in more apple products or learning how to use Linux.

My kids will be taught Linus from the moment they are born so that they will never have to deal with Microsoft.

Fuck you Microsoft :]

modified review This review was modified by fckyoumicrosoft on October 18 2013 10:01:47 AM