• Address: 3662 Cindys Trl
    • Contact: sales@microcontrollershop.com
    • Phone: 775-636-7755
    • Business Hours: 9am-5pm PST

"The cheapest I found for the product I wanted. Delivery came on the estimated day.

Was very satisfied with the customer service department. There originally was an issue on my end dealing with the billing address and was solved immediately.

Thank you MicroControllerShop.com, you have won a customer out of me!

"Only after receipt of the order was I told via email that the items were not in stock (I am somewhat OK with this). I received an estimated shipping date and later received shipping information. The goods were received in good condition and were as expected. Very happy.
Previously I have used Microcontrollershop and been very happy.
I still expect to purchase from them in the future.

"the company shipped my order very quickly and it was packed very securely to prevent shipping damage.
I will be doing more business with this company in the future.

"Twice I have ordered and both times received a notice of backorder. To be fair, the first time they did ship a partial order after I requested so, but neither time did they actually have the parts in stock as ordered. Apparently the website does not reflect actual on-hand quantity, so beware of this. In spite of the products not being available, the charge was immediately cleared on my card although. Also this second time they did give me the option of either getting a product which did not have the necessary options needed or paying more for a product which had additional options which I did not need. I did suggest that they send the product with extras without the additional charge, but they chose instead to give a minimum 2 week wait while having already taking my money. Guess what Microcontrollershop, that earns you a 1 star review.

I cannot recommend Microcontrollershop based on my experiences.

05/17/2013 Update: After having posted this review, the merchant has now notified me that my order is hereby canceled and that my business was not wanted. Although once again, they have already taken my money and a refund for the "accidental charge" has not been issued. As far as my suggestion that they send the more expensive product that was actually in stock, they berated me for making such a suggestion as being completely unreasonable.

I am in absolute shock about how poorly this merchant treats it's customers.

05/21/2013 Update to ucpros response: First I think most people can read your response and see that your concern is in "being right" rather than for the customer's satisfaction, and that is your prerogative. However, it does further my assertion that you provide an extremely poor customer service experience.

Next you did cancel my order over a week after you had cleared the charges on my card and the refund did not show up until several days later, which was after I posted the last update. I did not lie and I resent being called a liar, another great example of your poor customer interactions.

The events as you present them are actually untrue. I was NOT contacted by phone the same day or any other day. If I had been contacted and options had been presented in which we came to a mutual agreement, then it is quite likely this poor review would have been avoided. Instead what really happened was as I had stated. First you showed on your site as having an item in stock which in reality you had absolutely no stock available to deliver. I was notified by email the same day that there would be a 5 day delay and I was OK with that. It was the next day that I was then told via another email that the first delivery estimate was wrong and it was to be over 2 weeks before the item was to be delivered. I was given the options of either purchasing an item that did not have the options I needed or purchasing another item that had extras I did not need for 20% more (ie "very high priced"). I suggested that I was willing to take the more expensive item that you did actually have in stock but was not willing to pay more, this is when the communication ended on your side. I was immediately charged for the original order without any further communication.

About a week later while I still had not received the item ordered, there was a request for this review. I gave an honest review, I have no idea what you thought was going to happen? And that is where things really fell apart on your end. You then responded by canceling my order without any other communication. Then when I again suggested that there was a way to resolve as I had originally stated, I was met with extremely derogatory and hateful responses in personal email and also now here.
So now I have had to deal with false availability statements when ordering, followed by a bait and switch, and then when I did not take the bait, simply taking my money without delivering a product. Finally when I do not give a stellar review for this poor service, I am met with a cancellation without notice and retaliatory messages both here and on my personal email.

This has been by far the worst interaction I have ever had with any online merchant. I certainly do think that I will have good luck doing better business elsewhere - as will anyone else who tries.

"Exceptional fast delivery and good packing. Very professional. A+ seller. Thank you."

"Received the item quickly and in great shape. Exactly what I ordered."

"Pleasantly surprised. Was a little skeptical because the website is pretty bad but my order was filled perfectly and arrived well- packaged and quicker than I expected. I will do business with them again. "

"Microcontrollershop has good prices and fast delivery. I was very happy with the items I purchased from them. The only thing that I didn't enjoy was the high shipping cost for such a small package."

"I ordered a cooking hack raspberry pi to arduino shield. I was informed the next day that the item was on back order and would be shipped within 5 days (the time they expected to receive stock). I do agree that you shouldn't charge my card until you ship my order. Amazon, fry's, best buy all operate this way. With that said, I received a notice of shipment 4 days (not business days) later, which I was very happy about. Even though I had three day shipping, I received my product in 2. Overall, I was extremely happy and will continue to do business with microcontrollershop.com in the future. The price I paid was also very reasonable (I would even say that it was cheaper then buying directly from cooking hacks)."

"I actually had to place the same order twice.
Both times it was a seamless order and delivery just as requested

"Part on back order was delaying the rest of shipment. Upon my request, the back order was cancelled and the remaining order was quickly shipped. Great customer service."

Arizona USA

"The LCD modules shipped within hours and I got them in 2-3 days. I've ordered before from here and always after shopping around, I don't know why I waste my time as they always have what I need and at a good value."

"not received all the parts yet, and they did not notice me that the part was out of stock, even though I have paid for it. The items also were two days late from predicted arrival.

3/12/2013 I still have not been noticed about the part that was out of stock or when they expect to get it in, or if they will give me a refund for it. When I first ordered it they knew that it was out of stock and still ran my card for the money, without the option of canceling the out of stock item, being able to order it from some one else. They noticed me after the fact, when they knew it was out of stock! I am still left up in the air! They don't seem to care much about customer care.

3/12/2013 Notified that the item would be refunded and would receive the refund in 5 to 7 days. I will then give a better response after the refund. They still should have noticed me before placing the order that it was out of stock and how long it would take, and given me the option.

In all fairness, everything else did arrive okay and I checked it out and they are in perfect order and working correctly. Had they notified me before that the item was out of stock I would have given them 5 stars. The products are very good and the packaging was great. I just do not like being charged for something out of stock. The cost is very good, the shipping cost great, and the speed was okay.

modified review This review was modified by ssedlmayr on March 12 2013 01:18:08 PM

"This is good item and good shipping thank you so much for everything."

"Fast shipping, item as described, good price. Very reliable business"

Microcontrollershop.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Microcontrollershop.com is not a merchant member
Microcontrollershop.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!