Stores > Micro Center

Customer service: Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10

2017-02-22

Compence

"Micro center is competent and efficient."

This review was modified by dwinfield on February 24 2017 07:15:01 PM

2017-02-22

Barely a 1 star

"My recent experience with Microcenter Online was awful.
They had an amazing price on a monitor I wanted to purchase. Very excited I placed an order!
A day or two later I receive a call from someone "claiming" to be from Microcenter informing me my bank requires me to verify the order. OK? The agent 3-way calls in my "bank" who requests from my personal information; account number, dob, etc.
LOL, I'm no idiot. I refuse to give my personal information to a stranger. I offer to hang up and independently verify with my bank. The Microcenter agent tell me, NO! It has to be done via Microcenter calling me and 3-way conferencing the bank. No way am I giving my personal information to a random stranger. The agent says they will have to cancel my order. Convinced this is a scam I say go for it and end the call.
I then call my bank to ask what the procedure is, they immediately put in a fraud claim and lock my funds. Shortly after, I get an actual cancellation of the order from Microcenter. Wait! This is real!?? Now I have no product and no access to the funds I made the purchase with.

This review was modified by kameljabber on February 24 2017 08:45:02 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-22-2017

A rep from Micro Center, Micro Center, has responded

“Thanks for the feedback!”

Helpful, fluent, solid

"They have a very friendly staff. Everyone I have encountered there (I'm there roughly every other weekend) is ALWAYS knowledgable, helpful, and they don't try to sell you something you won't need. I build several PCs a month and I have never been steered wrongly."

This review was modified by Tanner_brandonk on February 23 2017 07:30:02 PM

TheScreenSavers's Avatar

13722 Olive Blvd Chesterfield, Mo 63017 Verified Customer

Good Shop

"No issues with Microcenter's Service. They are good partners to have in the business.

John K
Owner
www.the-screen-savers.com

This review was modified by TheScreenSavers on February 23 2017 01:00:01 PM

Consistent Customer Service

"We have been a customer of Micro Center for several years now and have made a variety of purchases. As always their staff and managers can be counted on for great service and prompt assistance whether shopping online or in the store. We often recommend Micro Center to people who need a new computer, laptop or other devices because of Micro Center's pricing and product availability. It's what keeps us coming back when we need a new system or other items. "

This review was modified by vzeien on February 23 2017 11:30:01 AM

Very satisfied

"Excellent customer service. "

This review was modified by rasuljawad on February 22 2017 12:30:01 PM

Very Satsified

"The Team at Micro Center are very courteous and knowledgeable. They helped me get the right products for my system."

This review was modified by gdsire01 on February 22 2017 08:15:01 AM

Quick Fix

"Monitor was old and outdated..upgraded and worked fine just plug in and play"

This review was modified by lonniew10 on February 22 2017 05:45:01 AM

enforcer5151's Avatar

Houston, TX
2017-02-19

Why I always go to Micro Center FIRST!

"I have been going to MC for a few years now and their customer service just keeps tossing me for loops of how they keep getting better. I think they top my expectations once again. First I want to give a ton of credit to Michael G. in the Computer dept at Micro Center. Then also props to the Manager Vui or Vue* (the Sales ID shows V.LE.) and his professionalism and speed during a busy time. I wish I could remember the name of the sales guy initially.

I went into MC-Houston at about 8p with my wife, I had been really on a heartbreaking debate with myself on what VR headset to buy for a year. Though I finally just went for it to buy HTC Vive. The sales guy in computers and he let us know that the vive is just not on display but he can go get one for us right away. It took him less than 2 minutes to bring the box to us. While my wife was looking at a few things quick, he talked to be and had a ton of knowledge of the HTC vive and great things coming out soon, as well, he told me some of the benefits I didn't even research about how the lasers worked with vive vs their competition ( Oculus and OSVR).

By this time I am sold, the unit was a lot of money $800! and he really made sure I understood what I needed for PC requirements. Keep in mind this is just the first guy, which I can not remember his name. I hope the manager can find who this was. Now we were about to head to the front, when Michael G, walked by with another customer and said, " hey" Those guys are buying the vive we have a coupon up here for MC that. He grabbed the coupon and talked to my wife a bit and told her it's $100 off vive, that was wasn't sure it's still valid but he didn't wanna see us walk off without trying to get the best deal possible. Now, please excuse my langue here but this, right here? is flipping true Customer Service! seriously. I am sure these guys are working off commissions and to still make 100% sure we are not overpaying is truly caring for the customer needs and wants.

This is a long review I know, but it does not end here, can you believe that? My wife and I grabbed a few small things and got the checkout. We got the Cashier Thanh T, which immediately noticed the product and let us know " You guys are going to have soo much fun, seriously" when you're buying a high-end pricey item like this, that is exactly what you wanna hear. He gave some information on what he knew about it while ringing up the items and tried the coupon they gave us. It wasn't working. He said " I'm really sorry it's not taking, but don't worry. let me get my manager over here to get this discount for you. Here is when V. LE showed up in less than a minute. Asked how we were doing and talked to his employee to see what the problem was. I watched V quickly run through getting the coupon to work and ran his manager override to the system then told us "there you go, sorry about that". Took maybe a total of 4 minutes for the manager to get over to us and fix the issue. He shook my hand and went off to the next issue of the night. The cashier had everything already bagged by ad ready to go, I shook his hand and we were off happy as ever with an extra $100 saved.

Overall this is why I always buy my high-end items from Micro Center. You just will not find the same at their competitors, I dear you to find one that has high knowledge of the products and have your best interest in mind when buying something. I was in and out of that place within 20min that that was spending some time to grab a few other items. I've been to other places, you go in with HIGH-pressure sales guys, that make you wonder if they even know anything that is in their department because they sell you w/e is the highest price, then talk about something you know about and you know they are just WAY off. I hate those places it's like going to a run down used car dealership in the 80s. Micro Center deserves every praise I have written here and is more than worth my time to write it. Thank you, Mico Center in Houston really made my night and even made my wife happy with my purchase, trust me that is a HARD sell. This is not the first time MC has done right, keep it up guys and I hope management sees this review and lets you know.

This review was modified by enforcer5151 on February 21 2017 02:15:02 PM

2017-02-19

Was advertised to work with 1151 sockets but does not.

"Your wesite claims this works with 1151 sockets but it does not. "

This review was modified by jimithing40 on February 21 2017 05:30:02 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-20-2017

A rep from Micro Center, Micro Center, has responded

“So Sorry for the inconvenience, thank you for the feedback! ”

2017-02-18

Great product at super price

"Shipped quickly as well. So far my Buffalo has worked as it should."

This review was modified by todat on February 21 2017 12:30:13 AM

2017-02-18

Sales needs help

"I've made 2 purchases at Microcenter...both weren't great experiences. First purchase, I ordered online to hopefully bypass the checkout line. Fail. 2 checkout people. 1 busy with another customer the other, continuously looking at me, but doing whatever she was working on. After 6minutes and 43 seconds, she calls me up to get my item. Sigh
Next time, I said screw it, I'll just go get what I need and face the line. As I'm looking for the part I need, 2 sales reps are discussing their personal lives. One was talking about his sleeping disorder. As they walk in FRONT of me, they made no effort to apologize or be quick or really recognize that I was even there.
While I like the store and their prices, I really need to lower my expectations of human relations while in there.

This review was modified by christinaheeren on February 21 2017 12:30:11 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-20-2017

A rep from Micro Center, Micro Center, has responded

“Sorry to hear of your experience, thank you so much for your feedback! ”

2017-02-17

Quick and easy

"Friendly. Quick and easy pick up"

This review was modified by iking912 on February 21 2017 12:15:10 AM

2017-02-16

Great in store pickup

"I ordered in their off hours and they still had the order pulled but the time they opened. Easy pick up and was able to check out at the pickup counter instead of going through line again."

This review was modified by ponicki-28041 on February 21 2017 12:00:15 AM

2017-02-15

"micro took care of me quickly and took care of my computer fix nd I was very happy micro center customer."

This review was modified by jckhs6040 on February 17 2017 02:00:06 PM

Share Micro Center's store rating

Micro Center is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Micro Center is a merchant member
Micro Center participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,442 merchant members.