• Address: Merle Dress Inc. 383 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China
    • Contact: service@merledress.com
    • Phone: +1-917-563-2528 (US)
    • Customer Support: +1-917-563-2528 (US)
    • Business Hours: 9:00 UTC+8 - 18:00 UTC+8

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"Merle Dress is a joke. My daughter's wedding is coming up and I ordered a lavender dress since her colors are lilac and navy. The dress came and fit fine on the bottom but the top could not be zipped and had a 12 " gap in the back. I had ordered a size 12 even though I can usually fit into a size 10. In addition, they put a gold lace overlay on the skirt which looked ridiculous. They offered me 50% off on a new dress (like that would ever happen) or 10% of the cost of the dress for alterations (which would cost far more than 10%) or I could return the dress and get 50% back (like that would happen either). I just say "lessons learned"....never order anything from this company! I am surprised someone hasn't sued them yet and taken them out of business! My ex is a lawyer...hmmmmm."

modified review This review was modified by katwomandu on June 25 2014 03:15:50 PM

"Over 40 emails between us. They do not hold up to their warranty. My dress sleeves were not as pictured on website. They advised me to have it altered. I did. I asked for a shaw to cover (now sleeveless) dress. They offered shaw as long as I paid $30.00 shipping. I refused to pay. I asked for "some" money to be returned instead and for them to back up their warranty. They made up every excuse to avoid taking care of me. I will never do business with this company again. I highly recommend doing business with a company that cares about their business and this is not the company. Never received a "Thank you", Business Card, Invoice, or any paperwork with their business name on it since day one of ordering dress.
Very Dissatisfied Customer - Rayetta

modified review This review was modified by Rayetta on May 26 2014 08:56:16 AM

"DO NOT PURCHASE from this company. they send you the wrong dress,wrong color and wrong size and you can not return it or they will tell you that they will only give you 10% of what you paid for the dress. you cant speak to a live person everything is by email which its a piece of shit because they answer your questions half ass or they have no meaning of your question. Very bad place to do business with. never again!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by ramosmom35 on November 01 2013 12:35:23 PM

"You would be wise to not do business with Merle Dress. Although I contacted them during the seven day limit, provided pictures of the mis-sewn dress and how it does not cover my daughters breast and indicated she can not wear it to a high-school function they indicated we should take it to a tailor! So unhappy with the customer service. I indicated I would do all I can to get the word out about what a bad company they are to work with."

modified review This review was modified by kepib on October 07 2013 02:54:28 PM

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! The money will not save the aggravation you will have afterwards. They will not return or refund without giving you the run around. Please do not buy, I wished I had read the reviews before I bought from them. Now, I am in the same boat with most of these customers and stuck with a company that does not honor what they write on their website. They do not care whether you are satisfied with the product and WILL NOT REFUND you."

modified review This review was modified by sallyfrederick159 on September 24 2013 11:06:48 AM

"I read reviews I found online and it seemed liked a reputable company that would stand behind their product.Big mistake on my part. We bought a dress that was about $140. We received the dress and although the color and size we accurate, the sewing in the front seem at the waist was so bad that it made my 14 year old daughter look like she was 5 months pregnant. I took it to two alteration shops and they said they would have to rip out the three layers of the dress all the way to the sides. They both indicated that there was clearly too much material used and the dress would not lay flat even with proper pressing. I didnt even ask for a full refund. I simply asked them to pay for the $40 alterations that it would cost to fix the dress. After a couple phone calls with someone that did not speak English and a number of back and forth emails,they siad the maximum they would pay me was $10 and now refuse to answer any emails to rectify the situation. DO NOT ORDER FROM MERLE DRESS! They do not stand behind their quality."

modified review This review was modified by salamanderca on September 21 2013 02:03:59 PM

"I read the reviews, I looked the the FB profile and thought to myself, they can't be all that bad I'll give it a go...What a mistake that was!!

DO NOT BUY FROM MERLE DRESS! My dress is nothing like I ordered. It's meant to have Rhinestones on the top it's covered in tacky sequins and doesn't fit properly. it is massive across the boobs and tight across the midsection, I didn't order custom size, but however it is made it is not proportioned.

I've sent them a million emails, at first they would reply, it's now been two weeks with no contact. They over charged me $20 and refuse to refund me, I've taken photos of my bank statement, my order, my invoice and even did a "new" order on their website and screen shot the price from them to prove they over charged me and they flat out refuse to accept this. Every excuse under the sun, blaming it on a third party payment (which was not used, I paid direct to Merle dress with a credit card), then they said it was Alipay, I've never even heard of this, then they said it was my banks fault. etc etc. End of the day, the transaction was FROM MERLEDRESS and it was too much but as I said, they simply stop replying!!! Save your money. Shop at www.lightinthebox.com EXCELLENT product and never had a problem with them!

modified review This review was modified by Ash22 on August 17 2013 11:39:14 PM

"My daughter purchased her PROM dress from Merle Dress on March 13, 2013. The event date was May 11, 2013. We were told the dress would be shipped in 4-6 weeks. On May 6,2013 we were told the dress would be sent out in 24 hours but when we received the tracking information after requesting it for two days we found out the dress was not sent out until May 9, 2013. We received the dress on May 10, 2013 the day before PROM so there was not time for any alteration. The dress was very poorly made, it fell apart at prom while she was dancing the poofy flowers on the side of the dress were pinned up and came unpinned causing the top of the dress to all fall to the floor. The color of the dress was suppose to be gold but it was peach. This company caused the princess part of prom to be a complete nightmare for my daughter she did not feel pretty she felt embarrassed. The only way to contact the company is by email and they do not care about any of our issues."

modified review This review was modified by TrishaBuchen on May 14 2013 05:14:33 AM

"I was very excited about the wedding dress I found at MerleDress.com. It was perfect, the design was beautiful and the price was right. My Mother is paying for my dress so I was excited when I found a dress that I liked that was on the low end of our budget.

My excitement diminished after receiving the dress – here is why:

1. The zipper didn't close correctly (on or off the body).
2. The beading of the dress (my favorite part of the dress) was uneven (not to mention the beading looks NOTHING like the photo of the dress on the website).
3. The stitching of the dress is coming apart.
4. The neckline of the dress was nothing like the photo I saw of the dress online.

I was upset but I figured ok, no big deal, we can return the dress, it shouldn’t be a problem, it’s obviously defective.

I can't even being to tell you how awful Merle Dress customer service was with the return process. I didn't deal with them directly, my Mother did. It was an absolute nightmare. Their tone was never aggressive, they were being incredibly difficult.

I understand the risk ordering a dress online, especially a wedding dress. I have no patience shopping in stores and I really did love the dress I found on their website. I never thought we would have such a difficult time returning a dress that is obviously defective and I would not be able to wear on my wedding day.

In the end my Mother did get her money back and we were told we didn't have to return the dress. The customer service reps at Merle keep calling and emailing my Mother asking her to delete any negative reviews she posted online about the company.

If anyone decides to purchase a dress from Merle, good luck. I hope you have a better experience with the company and your dress.

modified review This review was modified by spietato on August 02 2012 08:17:31 PM

"they have changed the price, my dress was expensive at that time but it is perfect! shipping to korea within 7 days!"

"very pleased with the gown. my daughter also like it. worths the price"

"satisfied with my purchase. will likely buy another dress from merle someday!"

"fantastic dress. looks amazing on and the quality is fantastic. cant complain about a thing. great service also."

"i love the dress, delivered in 12 days. and the service is great!"

"I was extremely glad about ordering my wedding gown online. when it came i was so nervous to open the box, but when i did and tried it on i was amazed with the quality and how it looked. It's the exact dress in the picture. Same great quality that we all try on it in those really expensive bridal boutiques. The price was great. I do recommend to have the custom measurement done, it is free. Mine fits perfectly to my body. Thanks a lot for merle!!!"

Merle Dress is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Merle Dress is not a merchant member
Merle Dress does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!